Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Name: Kioji Sunburst
Team: Park Lords
Affected RPers: k_pop
<Need more English lessons.>

Kioji sensed the strange creature’s approach but paid it little mind, thinking it to be a passing beast. When the bipedal wolf-not-wolf dropped to the pavement before him, though, Kioji instinctively jumped backwards several paces. His hackles rose with a soft growl, but it quickly petered out when he realized the other meant no harm. He warily eyed the creature as it came towards him a few steps, its arms crossed over its chest as it tilted its head to the side a bit.

“A strange thing to hide when you want to be found,” a male voice suddenly said, causing Kioji to flinch in surprise. Another growl rose in his throat as he glanced back and forth, but there was no further response. Seeing and smelling no one else nearby, Kioji returned his cautious gaze to the wolf-not-wolf in front of him. His eyes narrowed a little as he realized that somehow, the beast must have spoken despite the fact that its mouth hadn’t moved.

“Geinrok…tinvaak?” the young anthro asked, then clumsily switched to rough English. “You are speak?” He shook his head a little and his ears twitched in annoyance at the language he understood so poorly. “I not try to found be. Try to sister find. Try to Pack find.” Grumbling, the gold-furred wolf shook his head again and switched back to Grohiik. “Geinmaar’i yah geinmaar’i briinah, geinmaar’i Tah. Geinmaar’i yah ni wah kos siiv. Nuz…geinmaar’i dralaan bolaaz…”

After a few moments of silence, Kioji heard the same female voice from earlier saying something else, though he only caught a few words. He noticed the faint curving of the wolf-not-wolf’s lips after the female finished speaking, but made no effort to actually reveal Kioji was there. For a moment the young anthro simply stared at the other before him, trying to decide what to do. Part of he him longed to be in the company of others, to not worry about anything and simply be part of a group again. Part of him whispered darkly about his imprisonment and how the same thing could happen if he was careless. Another part of him urged him to flee into the wilderness and continue his hunt alone. Yet still another part of him suggested he ask the female to let him accompany her, wherever it was she was going.

Torn by so many choices and uncertain which was the best to make, Kioji scooted a few paces away from the blue-furred wolf-not-wolf in front of him, unaware of the movement as his ears went back and his hackles rose again. His lips curled from his teeth, not in a snarl of aggression, but instead a grimace of indecision as he tried to figure out what to do.

===

OOC: Translation time!

"Geinrok tinvaak?" = "You talk?"

"Geinmaar’i yah geinmaar’i briinah, geinmaar’i Tah. Geinmaar’i yah ni wah kos siiv. Nuz…geinmaar’i dralaan bolaaz." = "I seek my sister, my Pack. I seek not to be found. But...I need help."

Geinrok = combination of "oneself" (geinmaar) and "he" (rok); is the masculine form of "you" (geinrek) is the feminine form, as rek means "she"
Dralaan = combination of "pray" (draal) and "request" (laan); roughly translates to "need"
Bolaaz = combination of "beg" (bolog) and "mercy" (aaz); roughly translates to "help"

Also, a lot of these combo words I'm just making up. The Dragon Language doesn't have many words, only a few hundred I think, so a lot of words are just mixes of existing ones. Also, certain words have multiple meanings, and the meaning of any given word can be heavily dependent on the context in which it's used. For example, geinmaar means "oneself" and when adding an "i", becomes possessive. Depending on the context, it can be used to mean "me", "my", or "I", among other things.

Finally, @ k_pop: Don't worry about it, been keeping busy w/ the Dawnguard expansion for Skyrim these past few days lol.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-12-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Cassie Sheppard
Guardian Units of Nations
Central City
those affected:
DoH

When the wolf had replied, BJ only blinked at the strange language. It was easy to tell that it was a struggle for the younger creature to speak with others. The Lucario was able to understand well enough from the little English spoken what he was trying to say though. After Cassie caught up, it became quite obvious just how little experience the wolf had with others as he was backing away uncertainly. BJ did not move, so Cassie finally looked around the corner of the building, Dahlia appearing at her side. The Ranger would not have worried so much over the road grit and concrete dust that powdered her hair and clothes –had she been bothered at all in the first place- after seeing the figure in front of her now. There was not much chance of guessing his original color with all the dirt that caked his fur.

Seeing that the wolf was still hesitant, BJ filled his partner in. “He is looking for his sister and pack.” Almost as an afterthought, he turned to the younger creature. “Yes, I speak.

As if he had accomplished his job, the Lucario leaned back against the wall and set about the important task of cloud-gazing. Cassie chuckled before turning her attention to their new acquaintance. She was not sure if he was from the city or if he belonged somewhere else. The latter was more likely with how unsure he seemed. She could not blame him being a country girl herself. One thing was certain, just a look said he had been through an ordeal. Well, first things came first.

“I’m Cassie,” she said, putting a hand on her chest. She pointed first at the Lucario then Ivysaur beside her. “This is BJ. And Dahlia.” After a second’s thought she smiled and nodded as if answering her own unspoken question. “I bet you can use some water.”

She crouched down while pulling her backpack off. The canteen strapped to the side was still nearly full. Unscrewing the cap, she offered the container to the wolf. For a moment, she considered what there might be to eat, but after her last morning of travel there were only a few broken pieces of dry fruit. And she did not really have anything that would help him clean up other than a soak-down from Byte, though she doubted that was ever a good plan. Leaving it at what she had to offer, Cassie shouldered her bag and looked in the direction they needed to go as she stood.

“We’re on our way to offer help. I hope there is a way to stop all this trouble.” The young woman was half-voicing her thoughts as she spoke slowly. She turned back to the wolf. “You can come, if you want to.”

OOC: Glad I wasn't holding you up. XD And aww! Kioji is so cute and unsure, I just wanna hug him!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Free hugs for everyone! 8D And yes, Kioji is just a giant ball of cuteness ^__^.

===

IC: Name: Kioji Sunburst
Affected RPers: k_pop
<Maybe this is one who can be trusted.>

Kioji fixed the young woman with an intent stare when she came into view, feeling more anxious around her than the wolf-not-wolf that had first appeared. A moment later a strange green beast appeared next to the young woman; another of these bizarre Pokemon this world was full of. Kioji tilted his head back and scanned the sky, expecting the large gray beast from earlier to randomly show up as well. He scowled a little when it failed to appear, instead lowering his gaze back to the human. He quite suddenly became aware of how filthy he was as she introduced herself and her partners; he fidgeted a bit and ran his claws through the fur on his arms, not really aware of the action.

The human named Cassie then spoke again, and Kioji blinked as he struggled to keep up with what she was saying. After running the words he’d heard through his head several times, he eventually decided that the human had been talking about water. He cautiously watched as she crouched down and shrugged her pack off, removing a smaller container of some kind and twisting a piece off the top of it. She then set the container on the ground and stood, putting her pack back on her shoulder.

“We’re on our way to offer help. I hope there is a way to stop all this trouble,” she said, though Kioji only understood a very small bit of what she said. From her body language and what he could gather from the context of the words he understood, he guessed the human was headed off to try and help deal with all the problems that had started after the merging of the worlds. “You can come, if you want to,” she added, facing Kioji directly. The wolf cocked his head a bit, working out the words again and realizing the human had offered him the chance to travel with her.

He didn’t reply right away, instead slowly approaching the strange container Cassie had set on the ground. She’d mentioned water, and even though he’d been too focused on finding survivors before to notice, Kioji could now feel a tight burning in his throat. He bent down and carefully gripped the container, picking it up and sniffing the opening for a moment. All he could smell was water; there was no sign of taint or poison that might knock him out or make him unable to fight if need be. Ever cautious, he poured a bit of water into his jaws and let it sit on his tongue for a moment. It tasted a little weird, sort of metallic, but there was no bitterness or sourness that would indicate the presence of drugs or toxins.

A few moments later Kioji had depleted the container to about a fourth of its original contents, resisting the urge to dump the rest on his fur and clean some of the grime and blood from it. Instead, he sheepishly set the container back on the ground. He hadn’t meant to drink quite so much of the human’s water, but he’d been laboring for hours and had worked up a serious thirst. After putting the container down, he focused on Cassie and studied her for a moment. His gaze was sharp and intense, not missing a single thing, but it also wasn’t menacing or threatening. After a second he turned his gaze to Dahlia, the strange toad-like beast, and studied her as well. Finally, the wolf-not-wolf called BJ received a close inspection. His nose twitched, his ears swiveled, but other than that he didn’t move save the occasional muscle jumping under his pelt.

After several seconds, Kioji returned his gaze to Cassie. He didn’t know the human, hadn’t had a chance to watch her or her partners, but there was something about her that radiated…something. He didn’t understand concepts like trust, but the feeling he got from this human and her friends put him at ease. It was enough for him to decide they were likable enough, and even though he had decided they were all right, he didn’t completely lose the cautious nature he’d developed as a result from being imprisoned for months on end.

“Kioji Sunburst,” the young wolf said slowly, patting his chest with a paw. “I not talk well, not your words. Talk my words, Grohiik, wolf-tongue. You not know, learn maybe? Maybe I your words learn better, too.” The anthro continued to speak slowly, making sure to pronounce his words as clearly as he could and hoping Cassie could understand him well enough to know he was explaining he didn’t speak English very good, that perhaps she could learn some of his language and that he was trying to better his own understanding of hers.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 07-14-2012, 01:36 PM
2gamers Offline

Zippy Lane
Park Lords
Cherrygrove Refugee Facility
ARP: Dr. Robotnik

Before Zippy could ask what the heck a Hyperion was, the shaft opened up to reveal what appeared to be their previous location. The ranger had to do a double take; she almost thought Lamda pressed the button twice to lead them back to the real Cherrygrove. The warehouse ceiling gave it away: this refugee camp was modeled exactly like the city above it. The people within were minding their own business as if nothing had changed in the past three weeks.

With everything seemingly OK for the refugees, Zippy was tempted to head out for the ranger station on the Whirl Islands. That was when Lamda informed her of the increased troop movement at night. Obviously, she wasn’t pleased with this development.

“Figures,” Zippy replied with a sigh, “Guess I have no choice but to stick around. I suppose you just planned it out this way, huh?” The ranger was mad, mostly at herself for getting tricked so easily into staying here. Not wanting to risk getting turned to swiss cheese outside, she opted to continue following Lamda.

“I guess I’ll meet this director of yours. Not much else I can do now.” She looked over to Gaga, unsure of where this path would lead to. The emolga simply gave a wink, a sign that things would be OK with her around.

One could only hope…
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Astrailyx
Central City HQ, Private Quarters
Affected RPer's: Grassy

Astrailyx laid there, wondering how to get herself out of Shadow’s sleepy grip, though his purring she found rather cute. In her thoughts she wandered from working out probability to trying to find the best way to slowly pull herself out, at such the pace a plant moved while trying to keep a face to the sun. She was trying to wonder why Shadow was acting so strangely, even though this was his first time taking pain killers. She rolled the day through her head, from the attack, to recovering, her first panic attack in the surgery room, moving him and helping carry the IV, Omega making a much larger doorway, and as she ran it through over and over, she went into more detailed thought, almost unusually clear detail. She remembered some static coming off her arm from the electrical charge she was slowly changing her energy back, and then she remembered it being gone when she replaced the IV on the stand.

That’s when she realized that the ionic charges must have transferred into the IV drip bag, and her energy incoherently and accidentally boosted the pain killers. That would also add to how he was healing so fast, and right now, Astrailyx wished she had a free hand to facepalm with.

As Shadow began to stop purring, and even started to tremble just a bit, the dragon became more alert, wondering if he was actually worse, and paid close attention to him. She noticed his ears pin back but as his head made contact with hers, she curled up tightly, trying to prevent him from doing so, but had nowhere to move to. For some reason that was unclear to her, Astrailyx cringed whenever someone tried to make contact with the top of her head, and now stuck and not being able to avoid Shadow doing it, she shut her eyes and silently became uneasy, and put most of her restraint in not trying to shudder from the contact. She knew he was asleep and was very adamant on not waking him up, she wasn’t sure how she would handle this. Shadow was using Astrailyx as a teddy bear and the closeness was just a bit out of her knowledge zone for knowing how to deal with it. She was about ready to try and pull herself away when that certain phrase hit her ears and completely made her forget about the entire thing.

“I’m not convinced that I am not a weapon…”

That one statement, something often questioned by rude people, was the one thing Astrailyx would argue with full heart he was not. She sighed, knowing she couldn’t move her head, and had extremely limited movement of her one arm that wasn’t being clung to, but Shadow needed some comfort from whatever dream or nightmare he was having. Being stuck there, she felt like she learned something new, however couldn’t put a clear definition on what it was exactly. This was one thing Astrailyx had always said something to, and even as Shadow slept, she still said something, though in the quietest of whispers, taking her proximity into consideration.

“You are not a weapon Shadow…weapons have no feeling, no sense of friend or foe and are loyal to whoever controls them…a soul is what defines the life…if you were a weapon, you would have no soul…no sense of remorse, or…think coffee machines were talking to you…” Astrailyx spoke slowly, trying to find things that were most prominent to make her argument valid, though all the thinking was making her just a bit tired. “…weapons also don’t feel…especially pain…weapons can inflict it, but anyone can, it’s a choice we are given…but what draws the line is the ability to feel anguish and that same kind of pain…and you’ve endured so much…yes you were made…and you may not age…but neither do I…and I was made…well, rather remade…and that’s thanks to you. Even if people think you’re a weapon…and how much I don’t believe…you are…sometimes…it may be…what you need to…defend those…that don’t have…the power to…”

As Astrailyx spoke, she managed to shift her one, somewhat but not really, free hand to try and pet Shadow’s arm, the only one she could reach. As she continued to speak, she only found herself becoming more and more drowsy, eventually losing herself in the same type of slumber that had taken Shadow, her not knowing if the hedgehog was any better.

~~~

There was a soft feeling on her face, one that felt warm and comforting, but Astrailyx hazily awoke, barely able to move her head from whatever she was resting it on. Her vision was blurry, and it had felt like she had been speaking, or thinking all night. Blinking a few times, her eyes cleared and Astrailyx still found herself on the bed, Shadow not having moved since she could remember from last night, realizing she was using Shadow as a pillow. Slightly embarrassed by it, and realizing what time it was, her mind snapped awake, knowing she had to get out of there before risking another awkward moment, and from what she could feel, Shadow had gotten his chaos energy back, and there was no way she could get out without him moving.

‘Shadow…for once I need you to wake up a bit and move please…’ She thought to herself.

She waited, eyes not blinking to see if he so much as twitched. Then, as if there was something watching her, Shadow began to stir, moving his one arm that had the dragon stuck all night. He moved slowly, and a bit stiffly, and Astrailyx kept watching, waiting for him to move just a bit more and to hope he didn’t open his eyes. Darting between him moving and his face, once the dragon felt enough space to move, she took it, moving incredibly fast and rolling off the bed side, now free of the black and red hedgehog. She didn’t phase herself fast enough, making a small thud on the floor that only made her vanish into the infrastructure below her. She moved until she felt heat, opening her eyes and looking up, seeing nothing but a dark floor with metal plates on the ceiling, concealing the pipes and wires she just passed through. With a heavy sigh of relief, Astrailyx turned, remembering she had to get some metal work done and examine the energy reading Blaze had sent her. She rubbed the sides of her face, trying to calm down just that little bit more and get to the welding stations far underneath the building. She still couldn’t believe she fell asleep, never mind making the situation any more awkward by falling asleep on Shadow. Nevertheless the dragon went, trying to stick the entire event in the back of her mind for the time being.

As odd as the entire situation was though, she couldn’t help but find some parts of it pleasant.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:02 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Cassie Sheppard
Central City, on to G.U.N HQ
those affected:
DoH, and anyone not busy atm

Cassie was glad when the young wolf accepted the canteen of water. Even more so when she saw just how thirsty he had been by the way he was draining the contents. When there was no immediate answer however, she set about checking the Styler on her wrist. Dust had settled around the capture disc and she wanted to make sure the area where the device docked in the Styler was clean. She was not too surprised to find that no dirt had infiltrated since the two pieces fit firmly together. The wolf’s hesitant introduction made her look up.

“Kioji Sunburst. I not talk well, not your words. Talk my words, Grohiik, wolf-tongue. You not know, learn maybe? Maybe I your words learn better, too.”

He spoke every word carefully. Cassie realized that he did not understand the common language well. She could not blame him, often finding frustration with all the rules that applied to a single sentence of English. The young woman still found that his simple grasp of the words were enough to understand what he was saying. Still, she was always willing to learn something new. Until then, she would try to keep things simple.

She smiled again and nodded as she bent to retrieve her canteen. “Grohiik? I’d like to learn.” Cassie was about to start walking when she heard a snort and looked down at the scowling Ivysaur by her heel. “Really, Dahlia. It’s only a short walk. You don’t want to go that far even?” Still scowling, the Pokemon only shook her head. Chuckling, Cassie pulled a pokeball from her belt. “Your choice.”

The Ranger returned a much happier looking Dahlia to her pokeball before jerking her head at Kioji to follow. BJ left his spot against the wall to walk after her as well. She had been correct that the GUN headquarters was only a short walk. One block over and one block down they came to a group of large buildings all built in the same style. Following the instructions the cat foreman had given her, Cassie bypassed the first entrance which seemed to have more of a crowd going in and out. She went to a smaller entryway that said “Administration”. Through the glass door she could see a few people and a pair of large doors behind the desk.

The Ranger looked at Kioji knowing that if he was hesitant with just her, a crowd might be a bit difficult and decided to warn him. “There may be more people here, okay?” She then turned to open the door.

One of the security officers -another cat, though this one was bright orange- looked up at them. “All visitors seeking medical and housing aid, or directions to an evacuation site must enter at the Main gate outside and to the left.”

“Actually, I was told to come here. And I’m not looking for aid. I’m here to offer some.” She handed the officer a piece of paper. “Cassandra Sheppard of the Pokemon Ranger Union. I am supposed to speak with one of your superiors about assistance from the Ranger Union. Oh,” she said indicating the young wolf, “and Kioji Sunburst. A friend I picked up on the way looking for his family.”

The orange cat glanced over the letter from her base leader then looked at those accompanying her. Turning back to the Ranger, he eyed the shotgun holstered behind her backpack and the belt of pokeballs. “Hmm… I’ll let someone know you’re here. But, since you don’t have clearance you’ll have to leave any firearms and your Pokemon at the front.”

Cassie shrugged and pulled the shotgun from over her shoulder. Laying that on the desk, she unclipped her belt and laid it down as well. “BJ is my partner and does not have a pokeball. He stays with me.”

Frowning, the cat looked at the stoic Lucario again. “Very well, but you will be held responsible if he causes any trouble.”

“I doubt that,” she replied with a chuckle.

Still frowning, he turned to make a call inside. After a moment, he turned back to Cassie and handed her a lanyard with a visitor’s tag as well as her letter. “Go through the doors and you’ll be inside the main lobby. Someone will come to meet you.”

“Thanks very much,” she said while sliding the tag over her head.

Passing through the heavy doors behind the desk, she was met with a rather different scene. The main lobby was a large open space and a hub of activity. While it was not exactly crowded, there were humans and anthros passing through constantly on their way to some task. Some would stop and talk before going in opposite directions. Recovering from the attack on the city was still fresh on everyone’s to do list and there was apparently a lot of work to handle. No one seemed to pay much mind to those standing by the door except for a curious glance or slight nod in greeting that Cassie would return with a small wave.

“Hm, wonder who will be meeting us,” she thought aloud, glancing back to see how Kioji was managing the bustle.

OOC @Jess: I'm assuming that Kioji followed Cassie inside. If my assumption is incorrect, please inform me. And I actually love how he speaks English. Remind me, like Yoda it does. <3
Old 07-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

(Kawaii cute~ And finally, I get to post for Shadow without waiting on any-oh wait. ...Never mind XD I'll try and edit in Jais later. If not, no big deal. Kris, Hellsing, you could bunny Delilah [remember she's very shy!] if you need to, or you could spot Jais at the end of one of your posts if you wish to talk to him. ^^ Givin' ya options yo. And yes, this is very short ._.)

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog
Central City/Base/Room
Affected RPers: None
<Just One of Those Days>

Thunk. It wasn't the loudest of noises, nor the most frightening, yet it still rang through his skull with far more ferocity than one would have thought possible. The black hedgehog jolted awake, although the fog that clouded his eyes made it difficult to see, but as he blinked to clear it he made out the hazy forms of objects. Waiting a few moments as he gathered his senses, those objects became far more definable, forming into a puzzle that he quickly solved as being his room. For the love of himself, however, Shadow couldn't recall how he got in his room. The previous night was incredibly blurry to his mind, and the voices distorted. It seemed as if the only thing he could remember were the four "dreams" he had; his death was notable, the nightmare involving Maria he pushed out of his mind, the third dream made him shudder with its truth, but the fourth…The fourth dream had been gentle and only filled with words. They had been kind, lifting his tired spirit and filling him with confidence, although now he regretted that he couldn’t remember them very well. They were distinctly comforting, however, and that was more than enough to get him going.

Stretching, his joints cracked as they realigned, but he quickly realized that even the arm he had in the sling was working properly with minimum pain. Unhooking it, he carefully felt around his ribs, noting the area was very tender but otherwise all right. Even his hip, which he knew had nearly killed him from blood loss, had healed, although it still had a faint line where there was no fur yet. Although when he stood up and put weight on it, the healed injury was still present in the sense his leg was weak. No, not just his leg, actually; the entire room spun as if caught in a hurricane, viciously jumbling everything into a mosaic of mass chaos to the point he had to sit back down. It circled him for a few minutes in increasingly slow revolutions before it finally slid to a stop, although it took him a few moments to register that fact. Standing up once more – slowly – the room quivered ever so slightly before resting, he managed to grab at his gloves on the nightstand next to him, slipping them back on. They felt unusually clean, although he recalled the blood on them before and attributed that feeling to the fact they were white as snow. Shadow was quick to change back to his shoes and belt, removing his sleeping garment before he noted the sound being slightly distorted on his left ear. Lifting his hand up, he removed his glove – noting how redundant it was – to feel his ear. He discovered that while everything else had healed, it has still left the nick in his ear; it was small, and upon gazing at it using the mirror in the bathroom, he decided that for the time being it wouldn’t hurt to keep it.

He could, after all, just heal it later on.

Figuring he was as ready as he could be, he walked out of his room – turning off the active machine on the nightstand which he figured had something to do with his recovery – and began to walk. He had to get to his office, and, well, do paperwork. He figured, however, Astrailyx would not mind him doing that job as he was sitting down and not really doing much. The hallway threatened to swirl into a vortex if he moved too quickly or suddenly. Sighing, Shadow noticed people giving him looks, catching the occasional whisper of “he’s up already?” but he chose to ignore it. Spotting the secretary, Ruby, she bolted upright saluting.

“Sir! Commander Shadow, are you really okay to be up? You were so gravely injured.” She stated quickly. “Not that it’s a bad thing. But I just worry you might be overexerting yourself.”

He glanced at her. “I appreciate the concern, but I am fine. A bit woozy, under the weather and sore, but fine.” Peeking into the office, he noticed two stacks of paper on the desk, each at least a foot high. Oh, how fun, he thought with annoyance. “Ruby, since I’m not one hundred percent and feeling as if I am getting sick,” he had never fallen ill before but he knew from others how it felt, “would you please go down to the lobby and grab me some food and water? I feel coffee would not be a very good idea at the moment, and I already feel well rested.” She nodded, getting up and scurrying away.

As for him, he went into his office, parked his butt on the seat, took a pen and began the long job of reading through the mountain of papers. They consisted of condolences, destruction of buildings, food distribution…but most of it was the death certificates. His flowing cursive – his signature of course – did little to ease the pain he knew the families would feel. Shadow couldn’t help but feel bad for them. He’d have to be heartless to not feel the agony of losing a loved one, something he was all too familiar with. It tore at the soul, leaving nothing but despair and anger, rotting the core from the inside. He wished no one else would have to go through that.

But that was a fact of life he was forced to acknowledge, even though he didn’t like it.

Glancing up as Ruby appeared with some pancakes, toast, and water. "Here's a fork, a knife, and a napkin too." Shadow gave her an odd look, his expression clearly questioning if she thought he was an infant. "Oh, sorry sir." She glanced away, hovering. Growing a bit uncomfortable with her behavior, he asked her if there was anything else she needed or wanted to say. "Oh, well, you have a call from the Hyperion Corporation." Who was that? "Well, they manufacture goods. The former commander often placed orders there. It must have somehow come with during the merge. It's line one." She bowed slightly before leaving, shutting the door.

Taking a quick bite of the food - noting that it was actually pretty good and giving credit to the chief who made it - and washing it down with some water, he picked up the phone and hit the button to switch the line over. "You are talking to the commander of Guardian Units of Nations. State your business, please." He tried to be polite, but it wasn't something he was really used to, and no one ever really called the phone. It was incredibly awkward for him, and the word "please" was still very much unknown to him in terms of using it.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 07-18-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Wheeeee, more character interaction!

===

Affected RPers: k_pop, whoever else feels like replying
<Too many people, too much noise...>

Kioji brightened a bit when the human…no, Cassie, she had a name after all and it would be rude not to use it…mentioned she’d be willing to try learning his language. Most people didn’t seem fond of the idea, which meant he always had to try using Grohiik as little as possible. Not an easy feat for one who had only the most basic grasp of English. But if Cassie was willing to learn, then slipping into his own language would be less of an issue, as he could always translate (as best as he could anyways) and then not worry about saying the same things in Grohiik later on.

After that was out of the way, Cassie pulled a strange red-and-white sphere from her belt, releasing a flood of red energy that engulfed the odd toad-beast and sucked it into the orb. He’d seen this baffling process done before, as well as having seen Pokemon of immense sizes being released from such tiny balls, and it never failed to leave him completely bemused as to how the whole thing worked. He would have asked, but decided the answer would have probably only confused him further. Instead, he followed the others as they started off, loping uneasily behind the two and casting wary glances all around as they headed towards their destination.

It wasn’t a long walk, and by the time they arrived at the building Cassie had been searching for, there were groups of people rushing everywhere. None of them paid any attention to the newcomers, but all the same Kioji felt an overwhelming desire to flee, to hide somewhere and watch this bustle of people. The thought that any of them might be an agent of Robotnik’s, waiting for the perfect time to snatch new prisoners, made him jumpy and anxious. Without being aware of it, the young wolf bared his fangs in a quiet snarl, an instinctive warning to those who might try to come after him.

After a moment, though, the anthro’s lips covered his teeth as his ears swiveled back against his skull, his hackles up as he forced himself to follow Cassie. As they reached a door with a label Kioji couldn’t read, the young woman paused long enough to look back at him and say, “There may be more people here, okay?” Kioji simply nodded uncertainly before they passed through the door. They stopped before a feline anthro, who Kioji ignored as his eyes roamed over everyone going here and there. He only started to pay attention when he heard Cassie mention his name; he faced forward and looked between the human and the anthro she was speaking with, his ear perking up just a bit when the cat replied. After all, the response would directly affect him; all the same, his ears began to twist and twitch like mad, constantly listening for anyone who might try to sneak up on him. He only understood a portion of the cat’s reply, but after a moment Cassie put her belt and gun on the counter. She then said something that Kioji worked out to mean BJ would be staying with them.

A few minutes later, Cassie was given a few items and they were allowed to continue on their way. They went into the main lobby, where there were less people but just as much activity. Kioji unconsciously positioned himself behind Cassie, peeking around her sides at those who were passing them on their way in or out. Occasionally someone would offer a nod or quick greeting, which Cassie answered with a wave. Kioji offered no response to those who acknowledged them, instead focusing on any potential threats.

“Hm, wonder who will be meeting us,” Cassie suddenly said, causing Kioji to jump. After a moment she looked back at him, and the young wolf took the action to mean she was expecting a response. He tilted his head a bit, ever alert to danger as his ears and eyes followed the various busybodies around them.

“Not know, but hope they soon come. Go other place. Not here stay, too much peoples. Loud. Not safe.” As he spoke, Kioji focused on Cassie for a moment, a haunted look in his eyes and a worried expression crossing his face. “Too much peoples, enemies here be, maybe. Not want get again caught…”

As he spoke, his ears picked up on an odd sound amongst the general commotion of the people around them. Instantly tense, a loud growl burst from Kioji's throat as his gaze snapped in the direction of the sound. A hovering robot across the room was the source of the faint sound, its red and black coloring making it stand out in stark contrast to the area it was in. For a brief second Kioji was sent back to his forest homeland, his memory showing him robots that somewhat resembled this one attacking and killing his family. The moment passed within a breath and Kioji was back in the present; fear gripped him at that point, obvious in the way his ears went back and his tail curled up between his legs. He hunkered over in an effort to protect his soft belly, lips pulled from his teeth as his eyes went wide.

With a stuttering growl, the frightened wolf released a burst of solar energy. This caused the air above him to ignite into a basketball-sized orb of intense red flames. Kioji wasn't even really aware of the fact that he'd generated a fireball, but unconsciously he held a firm grip on the attack. Even in the clutches of terror, he wasn't willing to possibly harm any of the innocent people that were now yelling in panic and avoiding the anthro as though he were foaming at the mouth.

===

OOC: So to make things more interesting, let's say it was Gun Beetles that found Kioji's Pack. Keep in mind Kioji is still young, actually still considered a pup among his kind, and the sight of something similar to what destroyed his Pack is pretty much overriding all common sense lol. Yeah, he doesn't notice that no one else is freaking out over Jais being there.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-17-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Hyperion caller
GUN hq

Shadow's greeting was met with background music for a moment before a mechanical voice picked up. "Greetings commander! This is Hyperion Registry CL4P-TP; please hold for a moment while we transfer you to the vice president, Mr. Martin Blake! We sincerely apologize for the wait, but are happy to inform you that the recent shipping delays have been resolved! The new shipments of Class V robotic components will be arriving shortly, as will your order of custom fitted uniforms for your soldier groups! Hyperion is happy to serve the Guardian Units of Nations as its number one weapons and technology provider!" the voice said, and after a moment there was a second click. The voice answering was cold and, while not unfriendly, it certainly wasn't friendly either. A definite heartless businessman voice.

"Good morning commander. I hope the recent attacks have given the prototype equipment you last ordered a proper field test." The man said coolly, not allowing Shadow the chance to speak. "However, I regret to inform you that your organization's largest purchase, the clone you requested of Shadow the Hedgehog has been stolen in transit. It will take some time to create another, my apologies. That is all." And with that, the line clicked and went silent.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

(And suddenly, crud becomes real. Metal told me I could bunny Omega for this briefly)

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog
Central City/Base/Office
Affected Rpers: Metal (Omega)
<When the Walls Come Tumbling Down...>

When he heard the robot, it left him very confused. When it stated new parts where nearly there, as well as custom uniforms, it clarified up the situation a little. So he was ordering machinery and uniforms...It makes sense, I suppose. Factories here might not have been able to fulfill that wish, preoccupied with other objects. A click signified a switch to another line, where a businessman began talking to him about prototype equipment getting a proper field test. Shadow attempted to speak up, but he was cut off before he could even get the first word out. That was the least of his worries as the man continued, speaking of a clone being lost in transit before hanging up. C-clone...? ...Of...me...? They made a clone...of me...?! The memory of the nightmare came to his mind, how his doubts had spoken of them wanting to use him as a weapon. Problem was, they couldn't use him as a weapon because he refused it. So their response was to create a clone...

He called Ruby, and requested for any orders of the company to be brought to his desk. It only took her a few minutes to find them, but in that time span his anger only bubbled and grew. When she slipped in and set the rather large folder down onto his desk, he quickly began to search through it. It didn't take long, as the newer orders were near the front, but they didn't have anything about a clone. Unless... He scrutinized it more closely, reading every line carefully. What he found was a clear attempt to cover it up; the paper was inconsistent on a part where there appeared to be a white film over an area. Taking the knife from his meal, he carefully scrapped away the texture. Beneath it was some blurred lines, but he was able to read it...but he wished he hadn't. It only confirmed that a clone HAD been ordered.

"...You thought you could hide this with some White-Out?" He growled, standing up. The woman looked scared, but she held her ground. How foolish. "This...You ordered quite a lot from this Hyperion, haven't you?" She stated the commander had. "But you received receipts of each order. Otherwise you would not have these. Right?" She hesitated. "RIGHT?!"

"Y-yes, sir."

Barging up to her despite the flood of dizziness it caused, he practically shoved the paper in her face - despite being much shorter - as his frown began to turn into a snarl. "Then explain to me why you ordered a clone of me!"

She flinched. "I...I don't know." A glare made her tremble. "I can't tell you! I was ordered to secrecy!"

Holding up his hand to form the familiar shape of Chaos Claw, he growled. "Try me."

At this point, she was backing out of the office, although he continued to follow at a slow and even pace. "W-well...With what Jais and others reported...How you didn't seem to like killing...Because of that promise you've talked about and the fact you could be disobedient...H-he wanted to see if he could get a clone of you made that would follow any orders given." She stuttered.

At this point, his anger peaked. Jumping forward, he tried to bring the attack down on her - aiming more for the shoulder than the neck - but a sudden motion nearly halted him. Quite literally, he was suddenly stranded in the air, metallic claws gripping him as Ruby ran away. "Omega, let me go!" He snapped.

"ADVISE STANDING DOWN OR ACTION WILL BE TAKEN." Came the machine's response.

Shadow growled a little more. "You realize they lied to me, right? And now they created their own puppet of me, without consent or approval, so they could get rid of me in favor of it!"

"INFORMATION WAS WITHHELD DUE TO EXPECTATIONS OF THIS BEHAVIOR OCCURRING. ANOTHER UNIT WOULD INCREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF GROUND TROOPS BY NINETY-SIX POINT EIGHT SEVEN FIVE PERCENT. STATISTICS INDICATED THE DECISION WAS CORRECT."

The hedgehog froze for a moment to process the information. "...You...knew?" Omega responded with an affirmative. "Why didn't you tell me? Did you not think information regarding a clone of myself wasn't important enough to tell me?" Omega began to repeat what he had said about his behavior, the hedgehog squirmed before suddenly warping just enough to get out of the ironclad grip. "No, enough! I have had enough right now! The commander, secretary...Even YOU...None of you cared to think about how I would feel about this. Instead, you still try to use me for your own gain! I have had enough!"

Turning, he simply ran, warping once to avoid the lobby and to get directly outside. Panting slightly as his body ached, he accelerated until a sonic boom rattled the area, headed for the outskirts of the city where there was some forest left. He just needed to be alone, to have time to think, time to gather his thoughts. Shadow didn't know why he had been backstabbed after helping save the world at least twice, after making everything up to the former commander...It hurt far more than it should have.

And all the while, his head spun and his body complained about the use.

Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City/Base/Lobby
Affected RPers: Kris (Cassie), Hellsing (Kioji)
<Many Pardons, But I Did Not Order a Sun>

He had been minding his own business, helping direct traffic through the often congested lobby, when a sudden noise alerted his senses. It sounded very much like a "fwoosh", and it computer quickly analyzed and registered it to the sound of something igniting. The following screams of terror that quickly erupted from the people around him made the Beetle pivot where he hovered. His eye examined the human ranger who seemed a bit stunned by the anthropomorphic, filthy wolf behind her, who was cowering with a giant burning ball above his head. Well, that wouldn't do at all. His mind immediately registered him as a threat, and while everyone else was scrambling to get away, he began to hover forward, gun activating. It rumbled as it switched to a different round of ammo, the six potent tranquilizers. Jais really didn't feel like killing anyone today.

Far too messy.

"I do say, put that fireball away this instant young man!" His sensors indicated he was young, at the very least. "You are going to 'urt someone! I would prefer not to fire upon a child such as yourself, but if I must use nonlethal force I will!" However, in the chance of a retaliation move, his generator made a low hum as a circular shield flared to life around him. It actually covered a decent amount, not hugging his chassis too tightly but not being too ridiculously large either. It danced with blue electricity, making touching it a painful proposition, but it would also deflect the possible attack. In order to fire the tranquilizer, however, he would have to deactivate it.

And there was another issue - they were built to knock out Shadow, whose very immortality made it more difficult. They were very potent. There was the risk it would be too strong for the wolf's body, and it could turn from nonlethal fire to lethal in an instant. "Please, stop with the fancy fireworks! I mean no 'arm, but I will protect this place and the people within it by using force, if necessary!" He switched to thermal imaging for a moment, registering the temperatures of the flames. They weren't the hottest around, but getting hit by them would burn someone easily, and he didn't want to get hit either. Ammo was not a good thing to stick in a torch.

He noted another wolf like creature, blue, standing off to the side, but it was considerably more relaxed than this one. He deemed it very little threat. As for the human, he hoped she would get out of the way, although his targeting system assured him he would not miss if it came to that. Oh, why me? I seem to be a magnet for trouble...First I get paired with Shadow to babysit him, then I get knocked offline for two weeks, and now I 'ave a little wolf trying to fling a giant fireball at me! 'Ow did I ever get this job?!

(If need be, Hellsing, you could bunny Jais to fire at Kioji if he attacks him. The shield will switch off after the fireball hits. Tranquilizer darts, fwee! And Kris, I hope you didn't mind me saying your character was like "O.o". I bet she didn't expect little Kioji to suddenly conjure a mini sun behind her back XD)
Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Cassie Sheppard
Central City, into G.U.N HQ
those affected:
DoH, Grassy

Kioji was looking very nervous when he answered. “Not know, but hope they soon come. Go other place. Not here stay, too much peoples. Loud. Not safe. Too much peoples, enemies here be, maybe. Not want get again caught…”

Caught again? Cassie noticed his worry. The Ranger had been able to tell that the wolf went through something rough when they had met. Apparently, this was a part of the answer. But did he really think that she would just walk into a place that was dangerous? Okay, so maybe she had managed to put herself into a couple of minor situations before. There was no way that she would ever intentionally put someone else, especially a kid, in danger. She was about to tell Kioji that there was nothing to worry about when he let out a sudden growl and his expression changed to one of fear. Where he had been nervous before, he was now terrified. Cassie and BJ found themselves jumping back from the release of energy that resulted in a ball of fire hovering over Kioji’s head.

“Whoa,” she said, in half surprise-half awe.

So her new friend had a few surprises. Well, that was certain to make an impression. While several people were yelling and moving away from what they believed was an imminent attack, Cassie turned to see what could have made him react like that. A robot that looked like a large, red and black bug was hovering in the air. As it moved toward them, its attached gun shifted to take aim. She was not really surprised since there appeared to be a threat in the building. But seeing how frightened Kioji was at that moment, she could not help being slightly annoyed that everyone thought he was trouble. She could see other security appearing out the corners of her eyes.

"I do say, put that fireball away this instant young man!" Cassie looked back at the beetle when it spoke with a commanding, but still polite voice. "You are going to 'urt someone! I would prefer not to fire upon a child such as yourself, but if I must use nonlethal force I will!" An electrically charged shield appeared around the robot’s body to protect itself from attack. "Please, stop with the fancy fireworks! I mean no 'arm, but I will protect this place and the people within it by using force, if necessary!"

Cassie had enough by this point. Kioji was so afraid of being captured that he had unknowingly put himself in danger. And this robot was not going to help matters any, even though it was simply trying to protect those in the base. BJ was as passive as ever, but still watched those around them carefully. Since it seemed to be the greatest point of concern, Cassie stepped in front of Kioji, shaking her head at the hovering beetle.

“No need to jump to conclusions here. My friend is very frightened. You seem reasonable, so let me have a try, please?” She turned her back to the robot, speaking calmly and slowly. “Kioji, no one is going to hurt you. I promise. I won't let them. Everyone here fights Robotnik. This place is safe, alright?” Thinking quickly, Cassie had to direct the young wolf’s mind elsewhere. “Tell me, Kioji. What is the Grohiik word for safe?”

The situation was far too tense. The Ranger hoped that if he knew she was not afraid of this place, Kioji might calm down enough to drop the fireball. If it came down to it, she would get him out of the building. There would not be much hope of helping anyone –the battle against Robotnik or Kioji- if a fight broke out in the middle of the GUN headquarters. For a Ranger, reaching a Pokemon's feelings was much easier. Cassie wanted badly to get through to the young wolf.

OOC: Great, as if Kioji needed more pressure. And Grassy, you should know me better than that by now to think that I'll just sit by and allow possible allies to get into a fight. =P And actually, Cassie was startled by the sudden burst, but very little truly surprises her. ^^
Old 07-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

?
Central City

Shortly after Shadow left the building, he found himself in a parking lot a fair ways away. What happened next was unexpected and very violent. A huge bolt of crackling red energy blasted in to him, directed from a very familiar looking figure. He looked almost exactly like Shadow, but where Shadow had red highlights, this one's were an almost orange shade. It even wore a copy of his jet boots and gloves, though it lacked inhibitor rings and yellow chaos energy crackled around its body. The clone Hyperion's vice president mentioned, no doubt. It obviously wasn't happy to see its original, and the wicked grin it wore made its intentions more than clear. It was going to kill the original.

The clone flipped a small gemstone in its hand and, in Shaow's familiar voice but much lower, exclaimed "Chaos Control!" The copy disappeared in a flash, and the next thing to happen to Shadow was receiving a powerful kick to his side, sending him flying in to one of the cars parked there. The clone loosed a grunt as it fired off another, much smaller red shot of energy in the shape of an arrow at Shadow, advancing at a quick pace in an attempt to pin him down and kill him...

Metal Sonic
GUN HQ, top floor

There was a sudden sound of metal being wrought before the ceiling of the GUN headquarters smashed inwards, a streak of blue and red the only thing visible as machinery and support structures were torn to shreds. When the figure finally stopped, the entire top floor was in shambles, and there stood a mechanical form that mimicked Sonic's form very well. He was Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman's greatest creation. And he obviously wasn't looking to make friends. The machine's red LED eyes glanced around the floor and, apparently not seeing what it was looking for, Metal Sonic leapt in to the air and smashed through the floor to the next, engine roaring loudly as it shot fire from the back of the machine. Whatever it was looking for, it didn't seem to want to be held up and wanted to cause as much destruction as possible to the towering building...
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Astrailyx
GUN
GUN HQ
Affected RPer's: Anyone in the Base, the Doctor

Down in the deep, heated bowels of headquarters was where all the metal work was done. Astrailyx had taken her time in finding a small corner of the area to work outside of the ways of those doing repairs. A solid metal table was before her as she hovered in the air, her wings keeping the heat from escaping as she molded metal into a frame with her own claws. Controlling the very intense heat of a welding torch was something she was familiar with, though her colour scheme raised a few questions.

Instead of a lavender body, it was replaced with soot hues in order to absorb whatever heat came near in the most efficient way possible. Her markings and her wings, now a reddish orange that altered in brightness based on how much heat and light she was giving off, as if that part of her were magma from the earth itself. Even her mane gave off the same, ever changing hue. Her gem, once looking like an amethyst, not looked like a deep red garnet. The metal was bending to the movements of her hands, being recreated into a wall mount, one to fit a quiver and bow and arrow of a lost comrade. She worked away silently, trying not to think of what happened the night before too much.

“Right…this should be moved over an inch…then this should cool at this joint and-”

Before she could finish, alarms started, blaring, taking everyone’s attention from their tasks. Immediately Astrailyx stuck her work in the nearest tub of water and bolted through the ceiling, still bearing her heat energy signature. Astrailyx knew those signals well and knew there was severe damage to the building. She flew up to the defense console and looked for the head administrator. She looked at her a moment before giving her the answer to the question within her mind.

“Astrailyx, we have reports of explosions out in the industrial sector 8-Y, and damages to the higher floors with some personnel reporting that Metal Sonic…just broke in through the ceiling. We’re trying to hold him off but he’s coming in through the floors as if they were paper.”

That was no good at all, there were soldiers still recovering and a direct attack on the base was something they didn’t need right now. If Metal Sonic was here and too busy crashing through the building, rather than killing people, then he was here for something other than annihilation of the entire faction. There was no time to set up a proper defense and Astrailyx was not going to let anyone die on her turf again.

“Lockdown all the levels that he hasn’t broken into yet and evacuate everyone down to the main floor and below if they aren’t operating vital equipment, have the injured moved to the emergency housing and taken care of. I want that industrial sector free of any civilians immediately if there are any.” She told them, getting ready to go to the higher floors.

“But Astrailyx, what should we do about Metal Sonic?”

She turned and looked at the administrator with a serious look she rarely gave out to anyone. “Leave Metal Sonic to me.”

Before she could protest, Astrailyx was gone. As the entire tower was going under lockdown and evacuation procedures, Astrailyx passed each floor, quickly reaching near the top, knowing to stop once the air temperature around her had changed and she sensed the electrical energy of Metal Sonic’s framework nearby. The faster she moved through each floor, the heat from friction built up, and she took in every bit of it, knowing the machine of Robotnik was not going to leave easily. Astrailyx was not going to let him stay though; no she wasn’t going to let a single one of her comrade’s die on her watch again.

As she passed through the last floor, she could feel the energy of Metal Sonic just above her head, and she immediately made herself as physical as possible, melting the floor she was in within fractions of a second. The energy dragon was a mass of intense heat, one of that from the welding torch she had taken the very signature from. The idea was to crash into him hard enough to get him away from the building, and cause severe heat damage to his body, disallowing him from very speedy movements for a while, or risk overheating. No, Astrailyx was not a soldier, very much a pacifist, but she could fight when she had to, and this was one of those times. The dragon didn’t stop after throwing herself at the machine; she rose up into the sky, breaking away from him and looking down on Metal Sonic with the sun to her back. Heat emanated intensity from her wings and markings, distilling the image around her. Her body was borderline ready to ignite into flames and the only one who was a painted target right now was Metal Sonic.

Metal Sonic was going to fight her whether either of them liked it or not.

Blaze
GUN
Central City
Affected RPer's: Grassy, the Doctor

Blaze was doing her usual rounds around the building during the morning, checking in on the patients and making sure things were well for the most part. She rose earlier than most, helped waking up those that were still groggy and wished they had an hour or two more in bed. As the feline came around the lobby, she had thought to check on the condition of the black hedgehog from the night before. As she stepped forward once, a rattling sonic boom shuddered the entire building, and Blaze immediately stopped. She turned in the direction it came from, knowing that there was only one being capable of making a sonic boom present among them. Without another thought she darted out of the door and followed the direction of the remaining sound waves, getting a good idea of what direction Shadow had gone in before they vanished seconds later. As the cat ran at a speed that was respectable to, but not close to matching that of the speedy hedgehog, Blaze came upon Shadow in a parking lot, not sure why he was there, or how long he had been there. Standing on a rooftop and making her way down, only less than a block away from the dark hedgehog, she looked up when she heard the word’s Chaos Control, seeing nothing at first. Shadow hadn’t moved but her question was soon answered when she found another Shadow, in far better shape than the other, sending himself into cars within the parking lot. Blaze leapt down the building as fast as she could, trying to make it there before any further harm had come to the GUN commander.

Blaze dashed down the street as fast as her flames would take her, seconds passing as if they were hours, the feline rushed, seeing a bolt of red flash forward from the other Shadow, at the one sitting in a crater of metal. Refusing to let the other Shadow be harmed, her determination, and some what a bit being pissed off, came across her fingers in a blazing flash, forming a bolt of fire as her hand and arm swung out in front of her body, aimed directly at the red bolt, determined to not let it hit Shadow. It would at least deflect it. Dashing between the two of them, back to the one in the cars, Blaze sent a volley of flames to cover Shadow from any further red bolts. It wasn’t a question of which one was the real one, he still retained one bandage around his chest. However, Blaze knew not to stay still for long as this was another Shadow, and she wasn’t entirely sure what that one was capable of. She could only give Shadow time to recover and do her best to assist him.

OOC: Crappy post is crappy. =-=
Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Affected RPers: k_pop, Grassy
<Just can’t catch a break.>

When the robot started to approach and aim its gun at him, Kioji’s fear rose from submissive terror to aggressive terror. He didn’t hear the thing’s words as it commanded him to put out the fireball he still didn’t consciously realize he’d summoned; all he saw was a potential threat coming towards him, its weapon ready to fire. His posture straightened but his ears remained pinned back and his tail stayed between his legs; his jaws parted a little as his lips curled farther from his fangs in a loud, vicious snarl. In his mind, a scene replayed itself in the span of a second, though it felt like hours…

Many of the metal beasts had swarmed the forest and invaded their territory, their slender gray arms shooting out tiny pieces of steel stone. The pup whimpered, terrified as the sounds of battle raged around him. His family was being killed, and though he didn’t understand what murder was, he knew something was wrong when those hit with the little round steel rocks fell and never moved again. The scent of blood, fury, and death assaulted his nose, making him cower in the grass as he shivered.

He heard savage howls and found his eldest sister Vedziisuleyk using her power to become as feral as the common beasts that they shared the forest with. Her hackles were up, tail stiff and straight, ears swiveled towards her foes as she lunged at the nearest metal creature, grabbing its strange slender arm before it could fire any of its little steel rocks. She jerked the metal thing towards her, swinging her other arm around and slashing through her enemy’s metal hide with deadly claws. The steel shredded as if tender flesh, and a few more swipes rendered it a heap of sparking scrap.

Then he heard a sharp yip from behind and turned, finding his mother being attacked by another of the wretched creatures. Even though he was scared and didn’t know how to fight, he let out a puppyish howl and rushed to his mother’s aid. Before he cleared ten steps, though, something abruptly tangled itself around him. A series of sharp whines broke through from his throat as he tumbled to the ground, firmly caught in a net that had been fired from behind. He squirmed and wiggled, his whines raising in pitch to frantic yelps and cries as he felt himself being lifted into the air. No matter how hard he tried he couldn’t get free of the net, and the others were too engaged in their own fights for survival to realize he was being taken away. The last view he had of his Tah was the few left standing either getting mowed down or being captured as he was…

Kioji’s snarl fell to a growl as he stepped towards the robot. He didn’t want to get captured again or to end up dead, but he refused to let his new friends end up like his Tah. Fear urged him to run, but anger demanded he stay and fight as he couldn’t do those years past. It was then he noticed the fire above his head, and he was ready to fling it at the approaching menace when Cassie suddenly stepped between them. Instantly Kioji’s growl ended and he moved back a step, blinking at the human in front of him. At first he was confused; what could she do against the robot? But then she shook her head and spoke to it, something which bemused the young wolf even more. What good would talking to the thing do? Didn’t she realize she was putting herself in danger? Her skin would offer no protection at all against the robot’s weapons.

“No need to jump to conclusions here. My friend is very frightened. You seem reasonable, so let me have a try, please?” Kioji’s face crinkled a bit as he tried to understand exactly what was happening; from what he could gather, Cassie was telling the robot to let her try calming him down. Since he hadn’t heard the robot’s words earlier, he was bewildered by what was happening now. He blinked what Cassie turned her back on the robot to face him. Her voice was even and her words slow; she was clearly calm about the robot’s presence. Taking cues from her as well as BJ, who Kioji now realized also seemed unbothered by the robot, Kioji’s tense posture slowly relaxed. His ears rose from his skull and his lips covered his fangs, though his tail remained between his legs. “Kioji, no one is going to hurt you. I promise. I won't let them. Everyone here fights Robotnik. This place is safe, alright?” His fear and aggression abating to intense unease around the robot, Kioji simply blinked in response before Cassie added, “Tell me, Kioji. What is the Grohiik word for safe?”

“Safe…safe is vofeyn…” he said after a moment. He then allowed the fireball above his head to go out with a soft whoosh, though it was clear he was still wary with the robot’s presence despite Cassie’s words and the fact that no one seemed to mind it being there. In fact, now that he wasn’t gripped by mindless fright he realized people seemed more worried about HIS presence. “Geinmaar’I krosis…I sorry. No mean others make scare. Nii lost ni geinmaar’I aan…not what want to do.” He then lowered his gaze, avoiding eye contact out of instinct. He didn’t want to seem as though he was challenging anyone, least of all someone he’d decided he liked.

He was distracted from that when a sudden muffled boom made the building tremble a bit; only a few moments later his sharp ears picked up on more blasts coming from above. And then the sirens began to wail, and instantly people started to panic. The sudden chaos made Kioji hunker a bit and his ears went back once more, but his tail straightened as his earlier fear faded to determination. Perhaps he couldn’t have fought for his Tah when the robots attacked, but he could fight now, and he wasn’t going to let his friends get hurt. As the others around him rushed around in a frenzy and the alarms continued to shriek, he rose his gaze back to Cassie’s.

“We help.”

===

OOC: Translation time!

"Vofeyn" = combination of “bane” (veyn) and “opposite” (vo), roughly translating to “opposite of bane” and meaning “safe”

"Geinmaar’I krosis." = “My apologies” or “I’m sorry”

” Nii lost ni geinmaar’I aan” = “It was not my idea”, meaning in this case “not my intent”

Also late post is late! I'll end up posting for Kiju later, not sure what's going on w/ Enkaku.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-21-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog/Biodragon - 1
Central City/Parking Lot
Affected RPers: Metal (Clone), Sabi (Blaze)
<Seething Anger, Sudden Pain, Increasing Doubts>

He had stopped in a parking lot to allow his dizziness to subside, when all of the sudden he felt bristling, hot negative energy smash into him. His own stores of energy jumped from it, but there was no way he could absorb everything and the rest just caused his body to feel as if it suddenly burst into flames. The pain was terrible, and it broke his concentration; that being said it wasn’t like there was a whole lot to break, and his running had come to an abrupt end earlier. Still, it didn’t stop him from staggering to his feet, after he had slid back a few feet to glare at his opponent. It went from anger to shock, however, when he realized he was essentially staring at himself, although there was differences such as the shade of the stripes or the lack of Inhibitor Rings. Seeing his clone, however, flipping a Chaos Emerald like it was nothing and grinning with wicked ease at him. In the next moment the familiar words of “Chaos Control” escaped his mouth, and he felt something smash into his still sore side. With as little grace as a cow in a slaughterhouse, he was thrown into a nearby vehicle with such force the alarm was disabled, glass shattered, and it slid back several feet.

And yet somehow, his bones weren’t broken.

Gritting his teeth, a Chaos Spear was launched his way, but before it could make contact a flaming arrow smashed into the attack, rendering it harmless. She fired more attacks at the clone, while Shadow himself got to his feet. “Killing me won’t make you feel any more accomplished. You’re still a clone – my death wouldn’t change anything.” Narrowing his eyes, he gathered energy in his hands, launching off a volley of sharper, more accurate Chaos Spears at his enemy. “I’ve got more experience at this than you, and furthermore,” he growled, “I’m quite angry. I also have this little handy trick.”

Having been gathering energy, he sent it straight into his DNA, unlocking the form that he had originally started life as. Deemed too uncontrollable, only once his mind had developed from experience and age had the access been safe enough to use, although there were time he still found himself struggling against the nature of the beast. He felt now was a good time to bring it out, and the energy that helped compose him flowed over his body, remaking it into something grander. The sphere rapidly grew in size, elongating and molding itself into a new shape. When it stopped and began to recede back into his body, the full ninety tons of his girth came down onto the ground, shaking it as he opened his jaws to let loose a roar powerful enough to shatter windows.

Arching his neck to gaze at the now significantly smaller clone, he flared his wings and stomped one foot. ”You dare to think,” he assumed that as his clone would at least be able to understand him whereas others could not, ”that I would idly stand by while you tried to kill me? You are such a misguided fool in that regard. I may be thoroughly fed up with the organization I lead, but that still gives you no right to come into MY city!” He growled, inhaling air into his lungs. Even after his previous Chaos Spears had been dodged – he figured they would have been – he took the temporary stunned reaction of his foe to expel a multi-colored mist over him. Chaos Mist was a volatile cocktail of energy, being capable of poisoning, paralyzing, burning, and even freezing the foe.

Since Shadow was more angry than anything, there was more Negative Chaos Energy, and he grinned as the mist simultaneously combusted as it quickly engulfed the clone. ”Now get out before I lose my temper completely!” He roared, launching another volley of Chaos Spears at his opponent. The dragon suddenly cringed, recoiling into himself as pain surged through his body, unfettered and raw. It was bone deep, his muscles aching as his vision shuddered briefly. Breaking into a hacking cough, he arched his neck as he unceremoniously hacked up some blood. What…? I don’t understand. My ribs are healed, why am I still coughing up blood? This makes no sense…and this pain, this pain is nearly unbearable. What is wrong with my body? His chest rumbled in annoyance and anger. This clearly wasn’t his day.

Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City/Base
Affected RPers: Kris (Cassie/BJ), Hellsing (Kioji), Sabi (Astrailyx), Metal (Metal Sonic)
<Well, That Was Thrilling>

As he approached, the wolf suddenly grew angry, stepping forward as his lips pulled into a snarl. Jais feared he would have to take action when all of the sudden the other human stepped in front. “No need to jump to conclusions here. My friend is very frightened. You seem reasonable, so let me have a try, please?” Jais nodded by dipping himself forward slightly, and watched as she turned to talk to him. She told him no one wished to harm him, and then asked him something about how to say the word safe. Kioji, as he gathered from her talking to him, quickly stated it was not what he meant, letting the fireball disappear into nothing. Jais was rather satisfied with the result, allowing his shield to power down as he listened.

And suddenly, the alarms began to blare their eerie wail. Alerts came in about Metal Sonic attacking the base, and Astrailyx had gone off to intercept. Reeling, Jais activated his intercom unit, contacting Delilah and making sure she was safe before telling other to initiate cannon fire once the mechanical monster was out of the building. "We help." Hearing that guttural tongue, Jais turned to once more look at Cassie - joined by BJ - and Kioji. Remaining silent for a few moments as his gun shifted to armor piercing rounds, he hoped it wouldn't hurt to allow them to help.

"Considering your, eh, firepower, I believe you can assist. Please, 'owever, be careful." He waited, confirming locations. "Astrailyx 'as knocked Metal Sonic out of the building. I 'ave asked one or two cannons to fire upon 'im to 'elp 'er, so try to avoid the crossfire. I would give you a lift, but I need to 'elp! Please, be careful!" As he spoke, his jet wings emerged and the lights on the ends began to blink, the engines beginning to rumble as his hover disk turned off. "I must be on my way. Do 'urry!"

With that, he rushed out, quickly climbing the outside of the building. Spotting Astrailyx hovering in coloring just like Shadow, and giving off enough heat to distort the area around her, he saw Metal Sonic. With little warning, his gun gave a loud cry as it fired multiple rounds, attempting to pierce his opponent's metallic hide. "I do say, you came 'ere without an invitation! I must insist on escorting you out, sir!" Ah, Jais good boy, you are so witty and clever! Still, keep your eye on the prize. Metal Sonic will not go down without a good scuffle, and it will be difficult to best the chap. We must prevail! The fate of everything depends on it!

(Jais is blah. And sorry about the slight bunnying Metal XD I figured it wouldn't be easy to hit your clone...And that count next to Shadow is the post. Upon it reaching 5 he must turn back or he'll be stuck like that :P Also, ONLY DRAGONS/DRAGON TYPES can understand him. The clone is, well, a clone so the key to understanding him exists in the DNA, so he gets an excuse XD)

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 07-24-2012 at 03:50 AM.