Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy
Default Re: [War XI]Perfect Fusion <RP>

Guy Kurogane
Park Lords
Viridian Forest, Kanto
Affected RPers: None

Guy stalked through the Viridian Forest, amazed that the trees were still standing even after Robotnik's invasion. He did not know if it was because the forest was too thick and the Pokemon too tenacious to sweep away immediately, or simply because Dr. Robotnik had not bothered to send any large Badniks suited to foresting in this general direction yet. Either way, that the trees were still standing was a great blessing for the trainer, the thick foliage granting him cover from the all seeing eyes of any flying Badniks that might deign to pass. It was the perfect place for Guy to set up camp, not just for himself, but for the people that he had found over the past three weeks, wandering the ruins of Pewter City, Viridian City, and beyond to Pallet Town. He had, thankfully, found his parents in the mad scramble, but few beyond that. Not Professor Oak, not Brock, not Blue, nor Red. Still, he brought what people he could find with him, confident that the Gym Leader and past Champions could not only defend themselves, but had both the ability and compassion to protect others the same way Guy was protecting them now.

Finally reaching the clearing where those he had evacuated now had to call home, Guy dropped the sack of canned food that he had managed to salvage from his latest trip into what was left of Viridian City, and had barely any time for small talk before immediately heading south for one last foray into Pallet Town. There were no more people to be found and saved in either place by now, and so Guy had to think of a way to manage something far more difficult than what he was doing now. Shutting down any Badniks that wandered too close to the camp was easy, getting every one of them to the nearest free land, One Island, would tax Guy to the limit of his skill and resourcefulness. If he was the sort of man willing to abandon those in need, hitching a ride on one of several of his Pokemon would have ensured a smooth ride all the way to the Sevii Islands and even beyond, but he was not, and there were simply not enough fliers and swimmers amongst the Pokemon the evacuees owned to make the trip.

When Kanto was free, the port of call for making the trip to the Sevii Islands was in Vermillion City, but that city was surely overrun by Badniks by now. In any case, reaching Vermillion City was a tall order in itself. Over land they would have to cross Pewter, Cerulean, and Saffron City, all of which were dangerous enough that even a Hall of Fame entrant like Guy could not be confident of his ability to protect everyone who now placed their trust in his ability and Ranger's badge. The other path to Vermillion City was by water, crossing the inland sea that surrounded water Routes 17 and 18, which was much safer, and accessible past Viridian City. The problem with that though, was much the same that plagued any method of directly heading towards One Island - there were just not enough Surf-capable Pokemon to ferry all the refugees. It was a dilemma, and one that Guy had to solve as quickly as possible, before the machines came and took away the forest cover that protected his people.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Fluffeh Offline

Charlie Webb
Eggman Empire
Kanto, Power Plant
ARP's ~ None

Charlie sat back against her Lapras' neck, enjoying the light breeze that was blowing past. Spectre was curled up in her lap, sleeping. The ghost pokemon loved to sleep at any moment he got.

Charlie sat up slightly, careful not to disturb the purple ghost before looking round to see how close they were to the power plant. Charlie had only joined Eggman's team to see if she could gain powerful pokemon, and he seemed to be winning this war so she might as well be on his side. She came here, knowing that one of the legendary birds of Kanto resided here. Zapdos if she remembered correctly, and even if the pokemon was no longer here, maybe she could locate one of those gems the doctor had wanted.

Charlie noticed they were almost there so she proceeded to wake up her ghost. The Gengar stirred and opened his large red eyes. He smiled at his trainer before floating out of her lap and behind the Lapras. Charlie stood up on her pokemon, holding onto her head for support. She gently stroked the Lapras' neck which earned her a coo from the pokemon.

When they had reached the Power Plant not moments later she jumped off her Lapras and proceeded to retern her to her pokeball.

"Good job Beach. Spec," Spectre looked over at his trainer. "See if you can find any gems lying around out here." The ghost nodded before floating off to investigate the surrounding grassy area. Charlie ignored her pokemon and proceeded to enter the Power Plant, she brought out one of her guns, the other at her hip. She knew she wouldn't need it unless she found Zapdos, but that was unlikely, and for all she knew she could bump into some pokemon. She doubted that aswell as the only things she could possibly find would be some destroyed robots.

As Charlie stalked the many hallways, trying to find her way through the confusing building, she did indeed come across several bots, but they had been demolished, by whom or what she did not know, this however was a bad sign. The bots could have scared away the legendary bird, either that or it was hell bent on protecting it's territory. Charlie rounded a few more corners before coming across a couple of Pikachu's. She didn't see the point in having an electric rodent and so passed them by without much bother. She also didn't want to cause any noise, incase this scared away or alerted the Zapdos to her presence. As she turned another corner she saw an Electrode. Now this wasn't good. She backed up slowly to try and find another path. The last thing she wanted was for the ball to explode. As she walked backwards she stepped on one of the Pikachu's tails that she had passed earlier and it squeaked and shocked her.

Charlie being extremely pissed at this turned her gun on the pokemon and shot it. She kicked it away, not in the least bit concerned that she just killed a pokemon, now she ran along the halls fearing an escaping Zapdos. She so wanted to meet the pokemon, and to actually capture it, even if it would be for this doctor person would be epic in her opinion.

Last edited by Fluffeh; 06-24-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM
CloudOfNines Offline

Send a message via AIM to CloudOfNines Send a message via MSN to CloudOfNines

Jordan Stark
Obscurity
Central City

I glanced to my left and noticed some badniks lying on the street-some were even being salvaged. He had just arrived after the attack had finished and he saw why Obscurity was pledged against the Robotnik. I shuddered at the thought of what would become of the world if Robotnik won. Espeon and Umbreon were off to his left and right sides respectively. Those two were probably the closest things he had to friends. Everyone else was just someone to be used.

Obscurity was a group that worked behind the scenes. I would be surprised if anyone knew the name when it was mentioned to them. All the better for infiltration. The big operator in the area was GUN. They had done a good job defending the city and they were prosperous… if that term could be used in these current times. He had received orders from one of the higher ups to infiltrate them. Become a new recruit. See what their plans were. Make sure they were well supplied. Obscurity may not be well known, but in its ranks it held some of the most influential men on the planet. Obviously, after the attack no one was quite sure about who was the proverbial strongest, but that didn’t matter to my mission.

I noticed a group of people a few hundred feet in front of me that had the look of vengeance on their face. It was obvious that they were not pleased with how the attack went. Hell, if anyone was pleased with how any attack affected their home city, I would be surprised. Most of the people in the group were young males. Perfect candidates for recruits. I started slowly jogging, attempting to catch up to the group of potential recruits.

“Hey!” I yelled. “Are you going to the GUN base?” Some of the people in the group took note of me and even replied. They were as I had thought. They were heading to the base. By now, I was almost caught up with them. They seemed suspicious of me. For good reason to, if they weren’t suspicious of me they would be crazy. After all, anyone could be a potential spy for Robotnik. Not that Robotnik had very many human spies, it seemed that he had a disdain for anything non-machine.

“What do you want?” Called one of the young men warily.

“Just curious if I could join you guys in your walk to the base.” I replied. “I don’t know where it is and thought to find some other people who would want to join to help me on my way.” They eyed me with a little less suspicion now. The man he who had asked what I wanted looked as if he wanted to say something.

Finally the man said “I guess you could come with us. We are all that was left of our families. We were all close before the attack and now the badniks have killed our families.” Ouch. I knew what it was like to live without parents or siblings, but it must hurt even more to have them taken from you. I had never had parents, nor did he harbor any love for his parents, as they had abandoned him.

“I’ll hang out with your group until we get to the base. However, just a warning, GUN might split you guys up. You should be prepared for that.” I said. Some of the people in the group seemed to hesitate. They hadn’t thought of that. It wasn’t too late for them to turn back and not join, but groups like these felt pressured to join for revenge after things like this happened. The group and I started on our way to the base. No one had decided to turn back, as I had predicted.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog
Guardian Units of Nations
Central City - Base
Affected RPers: Sabi (Astrailyx), Sight (K'sariya), Dr Robotnik (Adorabot/Omega)
<The Glowstick at the End of the Tunnel>

As the fiery moth swept down towards the grey hued building with the logo of the military group born high on a flag, beating its wings which spread embers onto the surprisingly white pavement, a set of people were waiting at the front of the large emergency doors. Garbed in white and blue smocks, two of them bore a stretcher, and they immediately waved towards Astrailyx and K'sariya as they began to dismount. Two helped pick up and lower the ailing hedgehog onto the stretcher, while another began to usher the injured human inside for treatment, allowing her to lean on their shoulder for support. Dr. Mayweather, however, was quite in a tizzy about the situation and quick to ask what happened, while the others rushed him to surgery. The elevators opened quickly, and shut just as fast as they went down a few floors to the medical bay. The white washed walls were splattered with red due to the many wounded flooding in, and it wasn't just this floor either. A room had already been set apart for them, and it was there they rushed the Commander to, pulling the curtain across as they began to prep him.

That being said, concern was already growing around the base as word spread of his injuries, although many of the higher ups played the wounds down.

Placing him on the table, the lead doctor began to issue orders. "Need an IV and blood transfusion stat; type is AB Negative." He gestured at another. Get in a breathing tube - we don't need him choking on his own blood! Keep the pump steady - we don't want to incite coughing in his state, but inflating his lungs too much will make his breathing even more labored. Get that blood out if you can!" Reaching upwards, he pulled a large x-ray machine over, pulling it down to position it pointing at Shadow's side. After that shot, he also moved it up above it, to get a view from two positions. While they waited a minute or two for them to develop, he pulled more equipment over, looking the hedgehog over. Pulling out a needle and thread, the surgeon began to stitch the cut on Shadow's forehead closed. It didn't take long, obviously, and his precision was noteworthy. Up close and personal, he also had noticed the slight bumps on his chest, and cautioned the others of the breaks.

Scrutinizing the x-rays, he noted that the metal had cut into his femoral veins, but more importantly a small artery had been impacted as well. With the heart still beating - thankfully - that meant it was leaking out still. The hedgehog was still bleeding to death. "We need to be careful with this metal - it hit an artery. Not a major one - a branch - but one wrong move...Immortals can't survive without their blood. The blood transfusion won't mean anything if we can't stop this." He looked over at another. "Start cleaning around the wound, get some clamps on the artery and start sewing it back together. Keep an eye on that weak heartbeat - it's steady but we can't risk anything."

The young surgeon cleaning the wound nodded, and soon enough took out two clamps - ever so tiny - and slid them into the wound, securing them. Waiting a moment to make sure it was okay, he then took a specialized, even tinier needle, and prepared to sew the nearly severed artery together, pulling the metal out quickly.

...A bit too quickly...

Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City En Route to Base
<Bored, Nervous, Excited, and Anxious>

"Le sigh...This is very boring, my dear." Jais complained. "I could use my jet thrusters, yes, but that would constitute me leaving you behind. After the near tragedy that just occurred, I cannot bear to even think the thought! Why, if that rock 'ad not fallen on my cranium, I would not 'ave reactivated...We could 'ave become scrapmetal, or forgotten, left to rust! I could 'ave been in much worse shape, and not been able to call for help...And you, my dearest Delilah, would 'ave gotten worse as well!" His optical sensor swiveled around, examining the area further. It seemed the further they floated inward, the less the damage became. That meant that their defense had been successful - for if the damage was extensive on the inside, it told the story of a failed protection line, and that next time they would not nearly be as lucky. However, that didn't mean they wouldn't learn from this event - and all the death and destruction...It wouldn't be forgotten anytime soon.

The machine felt his companion nudge him ever so slightly. "Jais...It'll be okay. Everyone is so smart...They can figure something out...And they have you."

"Ah, my dear, you 'ave such a way with words. Magnificent!" She giggled softly, but his sensors picked up life and she quickly hushed upon hearing that. Spotting one soldier, he lowered himself, quickly calling out he was a friend when the man raised his gun. "Dear boy, put that device down before you shoot an eye out. I just got repaired!"

Lowering it slightly, he raised an eyebrow. "You...Both of you are Beetles, aren't you? I thought they all got wiped out..."

"We survived, and lucky too, being both sentient machines. Not like those uncouth monstrosities of Robotnik, that is." He decided to switch the topic. "So, what 'appened?" The man quickly began to explain everything, from when the worlds merged - realizing that Jais and Delilah had been offline - to the recent attack. He explained Pokemon, the new regions, the current status, and of Ace's death. That caught Jais off guard - the rabbit had seemed to strong and indestructible, stubborn to a fault. But then he heard about Shadow, of how he was injured in combat and back at base for medical attention. Now that worried Jais. Having been his "babysitter", so to speak, he had watched over and protected the hedgehog...And argued with him.

A lot.

But he had enjoyed the moments when he had mellowed out and grown used to him, when they could have some pleasant conversations. At one point, the Ultimate Life Form had suggest he replace his machine gun with a coffee machine, stating that it would be less dangerous and still would be helpful for people - that is, until he ran out. Then he would have to run for the hills. Or fly, in this case. Jais had retorted that Shadow would be better off with actual skates, so he could achieve his dream of being a professional ice skater, complete with frilly ribbon. Whereas before he would have been glared or smacked for such a comment, he had merely shrugged - snickered a little bit as well - at the jest. It had become clear to him at that point that Shadow was indeed trustworthy and loyal, but that realization had come with a sorrow, knowing he would be assigned elsewhere.

...He still got on his nerves, of course, but he liked to consider themselves friends, even if the hedgehog never referred to him as such. He was not exactly "social" about it. Hearing this news made him worried. Shadow never got "a little hurt". He either did not get hurt at all, or was severely injured. And finding out he was Commander, as well...It doubled his worry tenfold. Jaied thanked the soldier before both he and Delilah continued toward the base, radioing in that they were coming in the process.

Had his worry for Delilah not been there, he would have zoomed off to the base and been there within minutes. But love is both a blessing, and a curse...

It lifts a person up, but sometimes it drags that person down...

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 06-25-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:34 AM
Enkaku_Kumori Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Enkaku_Kumori

Odin
Eggman Empire
Outside Slateport City
Affected RPer: Hellsing

Odin frowned and for a moment considered reading the wolf's mind as she started to speak in another language, but dismissed it almost instantly. That was unthinkably rude. Thankfully though, she switched to English and told him no, that the Venusaur was not hers. He nodded and looked over to the pokemon, currently healing itself with Synthesis. It would be fine. He turned back to the wolf. "Well, I'm sort of new to this place, in a way. I have a map, though," he quickly fished it out of his pocket and unfolded it. "I've seen the giant egg think you're looking for, it's right here," he pointed at the little island where Sootopolis City resided, where he had drawn a big red circle around it. "And we are right here," his finger slid to the left until it was pointing at Slateport. "It's quite a journey. You really don't want to go there, though. The egg is massive and it'd be pretty pointless trying to fight through all of the monsters there."

He glanced at the empty space in the trees that Fenrir had made when he crashed through. He had heard nothing yet from the robot, and he hoped that he had been knocked out. But when you couldn't sense someone's mind it made them very hard to track. "I haven't seen anyone like you, either," he went on. If he had then he certianly wouldn't have been so surprised meeting her. "Sorry if this sounds rude, but might we move a little? That android has been chasing me for quite some time and I would hate to get caught by him again."

(Short post is far too short to be good.)

█████░░░
█████░░░
▁▁▁▁▁▁░
C/ ▪ |▪|░✧░
██ ◡’ノ░░░
███v█░░░
███ █░░░ This comment reminds me of a puzzle...
----
Dear Edward Cullen,
You sneak into little girls' rooms and you live forever.
How original.
-Peter Pan
----
Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Cassie Sheppard
Entering Central City
those affected:
none yet

Metal and glass crunched underfoot. The Ranger stopped at the high point of the fallen wall she was crossing over and looked around, hands on her hips. Four floors of the building next to her seemed to hang in space without the wall she now stood on. Debris blocked the road everywhere, which was why she had to climb over. Not too far away there were crews -made up of humans and the new creatures who came with the collision of worlds- trying to clear the road for trucks to get through. Some others were checking broken machines and vehicles, probably looking for anything still functional. Other than that, the area seemed to have been abandoned. Smoke could be seen rising from other parts of the city, but not as much as they had seen earlier. The young woman scratched her head.

“Well, I guess you were right. Trouble cleared out before we got here. At least we’ve seen part of the city doesn’t look like this.” Cassie turned around, as if she had heard someone call. “What’s up, BJ?”

A canine-like Pokemon, nearly the same height as the short human, was standing behind her. His attention though was focused on the building next to them. Cassie tilted her head a bit, shrugged, then turned toward the crews ahead of them. Putting thumb and finger to her mouth, she let out a sharp whistle that caught the attention of the nearest group.

Jerking her head at the building, she called over, “Can a couple of you guys give me a hand over here? My partner found something.” The ones that heard her looked at each other in confusion till she called again. “Would you mind putting a move on before something decides to fall and make things more difficult?”

The crew leader motioned at three others to go see what she needed. A tiger, a lizard, and a man in blue coveralls came over. The lizard was dark red and his tongue snaked out a bit unbidden as he asked what was going on. When Cassie said there was someone inside, they all looked skeptical. That building had been checked and no one had seen the Ranger or her Pokemon enter the building. So how did they know anyone was still inside?

“Guess it’s safe to say you haven’t heard of Lucario yet,” she said with a shrug.

The man looked over at the Pokemon already walking towards the open structure. “He found someone?” When Cassie nodded, he immediately called over to the crew leader for extra help before looking at the tiger and lizard with him. “We can take her word for it. If a Lucario can sense someone, then someone must be there.”

Cassie turned to follow her partner, but saw that he had already leapt up to the second floor. With a slight sigh and a moment to find a suitable route, she began climbing a skeleton of pipe exposed when the brick crumbled. Not far into the building, it was obvious that part of the third floor had started to collapse onto the second. Cassie was looking for a way around the sunken area when BJ lunged forward and both paws made contact with ceiling. The Force Palm broke through, exposing a gap between two air ducts. The red lizard hissed slightly at the sudden action.

“Are you trying to bring down the ceiling on uss?”

Glancing at her partner, Cassie walked ahead through the clear space. “I’ll never get how you think a straight line is always easier.”

This earned a quick smile and a shrug from the Lucario. The collapsed third level was a mess. BJ kept going toward the back of the building. Where the floor above had broken, part of the second floor was now a yawning hole. It was from there that they heard a very soft sound. They may not have heard at all had they not been so close. Blocked in behind the debris from the collapse above was a young cat. She had been hiding in a closet, was covered in dust, and crying. They called down to her and the group who had followed Cassie and BJ quickly got to work. Carefully shifting a ladder the others brought down into the opening, the tiger started in after her. Extra weight on the weakened area caused the second floor to groan and shake. The girl shrieked and pulled back as dust and pieces fell around her. BJ was immediately on the lower level, a long bone-shaped staff of solid Aura appearing in his paws that he wedged under the crumbling ceiling while everyone above froze where they were until the floor was still.

“Alright, I think that anyone who does not have to be right here should quickly and carefully back up.”

Only the tiger still on the ladder and the red lizard holding it steady stayed where they were. Everyone else heeded Cassie’s advice and backed away. Once the floor stopped groaning, the tiger hurried down the ladder. Picking up the little cat, who latched on to his neck, he started back up. A low rumble passed through the building.

He glanced around at BJ, still keeping the ceiling from caving. “Are you coming, my friend?”

The Lucario nodded once before jerking his head upwards that they should keep going. The crew had just gone back through the opening BJ had made in the collapsed floor when something behind them creaked and more of the floor gave way onto the lower lever. Cassie looked back, worried for a moment as a plume of dust blew out through the gap. But another moment later, she was shaking her head as BJ walked through.

“You really thought the crew needed their ladder back?” Her only reply was another shrug.

Back out in the open, most of the crew returned to their work, with their ladder. The tiger still had the young cat attached to his neck.

“I’ll take this little lady to the evacuation point to find her family. Thank you for finding her.”

Cassie smiled as she brushed dust off her jacket. “Hey, thanks for coming to help. We’ve got to get back on task though.” The crew waved as she and BJ and walked by. “Guess we’ll see what happens when we get there. Should be a little further into the city.”

BJ nodded as he followed quietly alongside.

note: Intro's are hard. My fault for being late to the party though. =P
Old 06-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: And the post Grassy has been waiting for~

Astrailyx and Blaze
Guardian Unit of Nations
Central City, Base, Medical Bay
ARPer's: Grassy [Shadow] Anyone else near the med bay or in the emergency room

The air felt so thick with tension, it almost chocked the minds of those who were trying to move about and move Shadow to the operating table. Though Astrailyx had deemed herself not fit to help with the actual procedure itself, she couldn’t help but feel a need to be there regardless. Small crowds of people were rushed by along the sides of the hallway wall on the way to the medical bay, some people with minor injuries, some looking almost as bad as Shadow. The dragon recognized some people in airship uniforms looking around a bit lost as to where to go, or where they would help best. Amongst the crowd was a purple feline known as Blaze, dodging people this way and that, wondering what in the name of Sol had happened while she was gone. Luckily for her the only person who remained above everyone else, who would be able to give her these answers, was hovering not too far above her head.

“Astrailyx!” She called out, grabbing the dragon’s attention. “What in the world happened?”

“Robotnik attacked us with the Egg Carrier…we lost Ace and Shadow needs emergency surgery…” She explained, a tone of worry clearly visible in her voice. “I’m on my way to the medical bay now, we have others that are injured and need care…but I need to make sure Shadow gets out of this alive.”

Blaze gave Astrailyx a serious look, knowing that if she ever said she needed something, it wasn’t without a reason. “Alright I will join you to make sure you remain calm. I will tell you about what we found after everything has calmed down.”

“Thank you.” Astrailyx nodded to her, quickly following those with the incapacitated Shadow into the medical bay and into the emergency room.

As they entered, the two of them stayed out of the way of the doctors and surgeons began doing their jobs. All Astrailyx did was observe the vital scanners, watching Shadow’s heart rate pulse across the screen at somewhat, rhythmic intervals, but they weren’t good intervals. She couldn’t watch anything else but those machines and the displayed information, knowing if she did see anything else, the swelling worry and anxiety would inflate and explode in an emotional outburst. Never had she felt this worried before, and it showed by her hovering only a few inches off the ground, rather than at least a foot and a half. Blaze was keeping herself busy by trying to keep hysterics down and calming those in other rooms who had almost as bad of a condition as Shadow’s. Even as Astrailyx watched Blaze move around to try and take her mind off of it, and even joining her with calming people down in adjacent rooms, there was one thing that made her stop dead in the air and triggered a full sense of alarm.

BEEP…BEEP..BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEPBEEP

The accelerated heart rate made the nurses look up, and rush to find the cause, and then a solution for it. The lead doctor came in, seeing a bloody metal plate off side, and Shadow bleeding out as if he was not turned into a small red faucet. What was a bad situation, was now made far worse, as nurses called out blood pressure numbers as the young surgeon who pulled out the obscurity, was sewing things together as fast as he could without being sloppy. Before he was two thirds done stitching however, he noticed an increase in the amount of blood within the artery area. Taking just the slightest glance back as he pulled another stitch into place, he noticed something was missing.

The clamps. They had fallen off.

A panicked gasp fell from the surgeon’s mask, and he was quickly pulled aside by the lead doctor, taking over along with the newfound gravity of the situation. Despite the blood flow, the lead had no time to clamp the artery back closed and was going to have to work with what time he had. That time was incredibly short. Nurses ordered other nurses for more bandages to stop the bleeding all together, even changing the angle of which Shadow laid on the table to slow down the flow of blood. It seemed to work, the newly taken over lead doctor finding it easier to stitch the artery completely closed with dissolving stitches that would remove themselves as the wound healed. Now was the time for applying the proper antibiotics and dressing to keep it shut. The level of blood flow to the open gash had slowed down considerably, and as the hourly seconds passed, something didn’t seem right.

And as they set him flat on his back again…

The nurse holding the air pump into Shadow’s airways, focusing on a proper rhythmic flow, jumped when he started coughing again, only this time, it wasn’t to get blood out…it was to get air in…

“Heart rate is dropping, blood pressure is dwindling!”

From his accelerated rate before, now to a significantly dropping rate, Shadow heart was starting to give out and give out fast. The blood loss was too much for his body and it was all starting to fail. Nurses pressed firmly against open wounds to prevent any other blood loss, even bandaging his head quickly to avoid so much as a drop. The lead doctor gave another of his team nearby the daunting and seemingly impossible task of closing up the last of the metal cut without losing more blood. Even with the efforts of two keeping the applied pressure, and another mending at his fastest pace, the dark hedgehog’s heart only beat more slowly.

Astrailyx was no longer hovering, she was against the wall, standing, choking from the grim gravity pressed against her mind. Her eyes stared now at Shadow rather than the machines, feeling locked in place with panic holding her will to move and fear clouding her ability to think. Blaze looked from her doings for a moment, and seeing Astrailyx standing on the floor gave her a reason to rush over and see how she was doing. Anyone who knew anything about Astrailyx was that she couldn’t walk any more than a few steps, and if she was ever on the floor and it wasn’t sitting on her tail, something bad was going through her mind. It was obvious that she was fearful for Shadow’s condition, especially after what had happened to Ace, but seeing the dragon this unusually calm, almost border lining disturbed was very out of place for her. Putting one hand on her shoulder, Blaze stood between Astrailyx and what she could see of what was going on, trying to talk her into a better state of mind.

“Astrailyx, I think it’s better for you if you step out…you look like you’re going to go into shock.”

“I…can’t…let someone else die…” She managed to say, trying to focus her energy on Shadow’s condition. “I need to try and heal him…”

Blaze knew that wasn’t a good idea. “You haven’t been able to do that since the universal crash and you aren’t even completely recovered from that either, you may be now if you didn’t create the Echo shield, but you can’t try that. Even if it did work, that level of an attempt would cause you to become unconscious. You even say yourself, it’s almost impossible to heal someone when they can’t perceive their own injuries.”

Despite the fact Blaze was right, Astrailyx couldn’t help but feel she had to anyway. The dragon had an odd healing power of sorts, mostly involved where she changed the viewpoint of the ailed, and that meant they had to be somewhat conscious. Shadow was out cold, and even if her healing ability wasn’t completely gone and was working, it wouldn’t have worked. She was helpless to do anything and that only made her feelings paralyze her with grief. There was nothing…

Nothing…

Noth…ing…

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE__________________________ ______________________
‘…No…’

That’s when everything stopped. As soon as Shadow’s heart stopped, everything else for Astrailyx seemed to stop. Blaze threw her head over her shoulder at the sound of the heart monitor screaming it’s mortal sound, crying out the ceasing of the living beat. Before anyone could say anything, the lead doctor ran over to the other side of the room, pulled over the defibrillator and began rubbing the paddles together. The one pumping air into Shadow’s airways moved, taking the long, bloody and sticky tube out of him of prevent any complications.

“Clear!”

One time, and as the electrified paddles hit, Shadow’s body jolted but there was no sign of the heart getting it’s extra kick. All Astrailyx could hear was the thudding of electricity passing through the hedgehog’s body while fear and panic forced her into a bubble, making everything sound like it was underwater. The doctor began rubbing the paddles again for another round.

‘You can’t…’

“Clear!”

Another sparked contact with Shadow’s chest, and still, no sign of a beat. The doctor went for a third go around, when he noticed the volt level on the defibrillator. It wasn’t up to par with what it had to be in order to get Shadow’s heart started, and that, was critical.

“Why isn’t this thing charged at full?” He demanded, going for the third try anyway.

“Sir the entire medical bay is up and running at full capacity, the distribution of electricity in this area isn’t allowing for recharge without a delay!”

“We don’t have time, we have only less than a minute left to get that heart back up and running!”

The situation, it was clearly hopeless, but even with that, everyone was trying their hardest to save Shadow. Astrailyx only stood there, nearly buckling from the weight of it all, eyes frozen in a fear stricken gaze as all she could see was Shadow’s face. She couldn’t let him die, she couldn’t watch him die, the thought of it, and she couldn’t even process it completely. She blamed herself for Ace’s death, and she couldn’t heal Shadow. As the doctor tried the defibrillator for the second last time, she felt the electricity getting weaker and weaker, the energy just not enough to fully kick start his heart again. He was slipping away completely, there was no way of getting him back with what they had.

‘…I won’t let you die!’

After everything moving in slow motion for her, all Astrailyx could remember next was coming to the other side of Shadow’s table almost instantly, unable to remember actually moving there at all. Fading her tail into the floor she grabbed the nearest power conduit and let the charge take over her body, her energy imitating the slightly unstable nature of electricity and having her lavender and purple scheme change to that of a gold and white, tinted with electric blue. Putting her hand directly on the side of the defibrillator, it’s volt readings spiked just as the lead doctor made the last attempt at bringing Shadow back, not realizing Astrailyx had jumped the device by redirecting electricity and causing the lights to flicker when volts were passed through Shadow’s body for a last time. As he turned and looked at the dragon, almost angry she did something so impulsively, he looked back at the heart monitor.

…nothing.

Astrailyx turned back to her normal Iylix energy, taking a few steps back but not before buckling backwards with her inability to walk. She leaned up with her arms, hearing nothing but the deafening sound of a high pitched monitor squealing death. Everything in the room became as silent as death, and all anyone could do was close their eyes in grief. Blaze looked towards the floor, and Astrailyx could only close her eyes in disbelief. Everything started to shut out for her as sorrow started to fill her mind. Everyone quieted down and slowly started shuffling about, while one looked at the time and started making a record. Blaze walked over to Astrailyx and did her best to help her up. Though an energy being weighed nothing, Astrailyx felt gravity were locking her to the floor and dulling any other part of her mind.

…beep…

Astrailyx’s ear’s, along with Blaze’s twitched at the sound, looking at the monitor again to see if their senses were playing horrible tricks on them.

…..beep….

Soon everyone started to come around it too. It wasn’t a malfunction. Looking at Shadow there was a very light rise and fall of his chest, and soon came wheezing, and even a sudden twitch every so often.

“He’s alive! Get back to your stations people we’re keeping him like this! Let’s move!”

As Shadow’s heart rate began to rise, Blaze helped Astrailyx back out of the room, siting her down in a chair just outside as she came to terms with the reality of what just happened. All the heavy weight just seemed lifted from Astrailyx’s mind as she sat there, almost in a daze. Blaze stood across from her with both arms down at her sides, unsure of what to think of the situation.

“I think now you need some time out here.” She said, trying to be comforting but also trying to calm the dragon down. “What you did saved Shadow’s life, from here he’ll be fine. I’m going to go make sure that stunt of yours didn’t offset everyone else alright?”

“Yeah…yes alright, I’ll be fine.” Astrailyx told her, still a bit shaken. “I’m sorry…I just…”

“You are fine, just relax, and wait, things will be alright.”

With that, Blaze had left to find out the status of the other injured, and help in as best way she can, as Astrailyx sat there, slowly returning to her usual, calm state.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Guy Kurogane
Park Lords
Viridian Forest - Route 2, Kanto

A complete plan formed in Guy's head as he reached the southern exit of the Viridian Forest. A risky, even reckless plan that would get him killed if he so much as missed a step yes, but it was a plan that would save all the dozens that the trainer and ranger had put under his protection. Not a moment too soon either, for the moment he peeked out of the forest, he spotted a platoon of Badniks making their way up to the forest. Whether or not the robotic army had figured out that the Viridian Forest was a great hiding spot made no difference at this point. Simply letting them into the forest was too great a risk to bear. Hiding was impossible with such a large group, and simply destroying them would just make it obvious that there was a source of resistance in the woods. That left only one option: Cut a path through them and leave. Immediately.

"Mom," Guy whispered into his phone, having called his parents the moment he identified the enemy's presence, "get everyone to pack up and head to the south side of Viridian Forest. Now. Enemies."

"G-" She barely managed to start before he cut her off, stepping out of the forest with a Pokeball in each hand. Guy loved his parents to bits, and he knew they cared just as much about him, but they were simply not at ease with him placing the responsibility of the entire group's lives upon his own shoulders, simply because he was the strongest of them. It was only right for parents to be worried, but it was also only right for children to do whatever the hell they wanted anyway. Perhaps it was true that his life would be easier with a bigger fighting force behind him, but while each victory would come more readily, the risks he took of having casualties commanding lesser trained Pokemon would be substantially higher; and far more important than a difficult victory, a Ranger had to prevent any unnecessary loss of life.

Guy looked up at the troop of Badniks headed his way as he stepped into view, feeling every one of them turning their guns towards him. All he saw was a mass of metal with guns, his mind having long blocked out any unique features that could identify them as the people or Pokemon they once were. It was the only way that a person such as himself, so used to battle but never for war, could possibly fight without breaking down. His Pokemon managed differently, many of them inherently willing to fight to the death as part of their predatory nature, others simply accepting the necessity of war more readily than the fragile human who led them. Regardless, they were all capable of fighting, and they burst forth in an instant, letting loose long before the robots could do so.

Robots were fast. Bullets were faster. Lasers were even faster still. There was no time for orders in this war, no friendly exchange of attacks where trainers decided the flow of every attack and defence made. Guy had to trust that his training was good enough, that his Pokemon knew their tactics well enough, and that they understood each other enough that they could communicate without words.

The trainer leapt left, rolling into the ground as blasts struck where he was standing a moment ago. The Rhyperior Big appeared in a flash of light in front of him, ready to stop the next wave of attacks with its own body, infinitely tougher than the fragile flesh and blood of humanity as it was. The Charizard Nataku scorched a line into the air overhead, instantly melting several into slag heaps with gouts of deadly flame, prompting most of the robots left to point their guns upwards at the biggest threat. Then, Bolt spun out, the Magnezone's powerful magnets dragging the Badniks towards it, gathering the lot of them in a clump as they were dragged together against their will. Big then drove one of its arms into the ground just as Guy bounced up and grabbed onto the floating Magnezone for dear life, the Rock and Ground Type channelling raw energy into the ground beneath it for a huge Earthquake.

The ground shook, deformed, and then broke. Crevices opened and dropped Badniks into the holes to be lost forever. Rock formations burst out of the ground and shattered the robots with sheer force. Others were simply shaken off balance, damaged but not destroyed, as the mightiest Ground Type attack from one of the mightiest Ground Type Pokemon ripped the land apart, the trainer, his Magnet Rising Magnezone and and his Flying Charizard the only the only ones in ranged left unscathed as the rumbling ceased and the cracks in the ground closed, leaving only shattered robots and the beginnings of mountains behind.

Bolt, finish them off! The Pokemon trainer gestured, and the Magnezone complied, Thunderbolts launching from the magnets on each side, overloading the Badniks with an electrical surge and leaving only empty shells behind, as sporadic weapon fire bounced weakly off the Steel Type's nearly impenetrable shell between shocks.

About 30 Badniks, all destroyed quickly and without too much fuss, just the way Guy liked it. He had to be able to do this much, or he would never be strong enough to defeat Red when this was all over and they returned to their normal lives. Just about time too, as the refugees had started making their way out of the forest and they all started heading towards the ruins of Viridian City.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Cassie Sheppard
Central City
those affected:
none yet

“Scuse me,” Cassie said approaching another clean-up crew. “Could you help me find something?”

The grey cat she was talking to glanced over. “Not right now.” His answer was alternated with calls into a radio to the team lifting a steel beam off the roadway. “Hey! Keep that high line tight up there! In case you can’t see, we’re a bit busy here right now. I thought I told you to take up that slack! You should back off. It’s dangerous in this area and right now, I’ve gotta keep my attention-” He stopped mid-sentence and started running toward the ground crew while hollering into the radio. “What are you doing!? I said take up that slack! Stop the lift!”

The amount of damage in the city had stretched resources thin. A steel beam that had broken from one building was threatening further damage to its neighbor across the street and needed to be moved. Without heavy equipment, the crew was using a set of winches on both sides of the street to lift the beam away from the structure. BJ pointed upwards. The team on the roof where the steel was leaning was not keeping up the slack in time with the end rising off the street. With the free end now higher, the foreman called a stop too late. Several things happened at once. When the jammed end suddenly fell away from the wall –taking glass and concrete with it- the slack in the line allowed it to swing back sending the other side into the already damaged building it originated from. The ground crew who were there to avoid standing under the operation found themselves ducking for cover as masonry and debris fell from the smashed wall. Even with the high capacity cable, the abrupt stress from the weight caused the line to snap.

Cassie was already acting when she saw the beam slip from the wall. Normally, Rangers would not be carrying pokeballs, but that changed when the worlds merged and they found themselves in need of extra support. Pulling a pokeball from her belt, Cassie released a creature from another age. A large, grey dino-like creature was now holding itself in the air on a fifteen foot wingspan with violet inner membranes. The Aerodactyl saw the trouble and without having to be told caught hold of the free end of the steel beam before it broke away from the other cables. More than one person in the ground crew was hit by falling rubble and the big rock type was straining to keep the beam from smashing into the building again.

“Hold on, Roxo!” Cassie called up. “Help’s on the way.”

The Aerodactyl could only grunt in response. Taking another pokeball from her belt, Cassie looked around quickly. She caught sight of an opening on the fourth floor. A flash of light released another Pokemon. The blue, four-legged creature standing in front of her had a pink flower bud that was tipped white, unusual for an Ivysaur, growing from her back.

Pointing up to the opening, the Ranger looked down. “Can you reach that spot, Dahlia?”

It only took a moment for the Ivysaur to extend her vines upward and find a sturdy hold. Once she had pulled herself up, Cassie directed her get a hold of the steel beam to help Roxo. Dahlia spun vines around an exposed pipe to stabilize herself before throwing a vine out to catch on the beam. As Roxo held up the weight, Dahlia continued to coil her vine around the steel, pulling it away from the side of the other building. Once it was clear of both structures, the cat foreman radioed up to the teams still working winches. They began lowering the section of I-beam along with Dahlia and Roxo until it was sitting on the flatbed waiting beneath it. Once the steel was safely on the ground, everyone began taking stock of the damage. Several people were scratched and bruised from falling debris. A badger’s leg had been pinned under a large piece of masonry and a report from the rooftop said that someone had been hit by the recoil of the snapped cable –he was lucky to still be in one piece though. BJ was helping to free the badger who obviously had a very broken leg.

The foreman walked over to Cassie. “I guess you didn’t really have to worry about trouble the way you reacted there.” He ducked slightly as Roxo landed beside them, Dahlia on his back.

“Rangers have been in worse situations than falling steel,” she said with a shrug. “Try a whole mountain falling on you in an avalanche then talk about reactions.” The cat looked a little surprised as the young woman walked over to the injured badger. “We need to keep that leg still until he can get to a doctor. Which judging by the state of the area, the hospital might be a little crowded right now. Someone hand me that board over there.”

Cassie began pulling bandage and antiseptic out of her pack. The badger’s leg was too much of a mess to simply splint, so after loosely wrapping the worst gashes they bound his whole leg to the board. Meanwhile, Roxo was already carrying the injured worker from the roof along with someone to show the way to the nearby hospital since he was in worse condition. After the badger was loaded onto a truck, the rest of the crew who was able to started back to work.

“What do you think?” Cassie asked the foreman as she brushed off her hands, smiling. “Any chance I can get those directions now?”

The Ranger received a look from the grey cat, as if he was weighing her up. She was acting as if the whole incident had not happened. After a moment he just shook his head. “I think I owe you that much after your help.”
Old 06-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

[Commander] Shadow the Hedgehog/Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City/Base/Medical Bay
Affected RPers: None, really
<From Glowstick to Flare>

Where...? This place...Is just darkness. Have I been here before? ...No, no I do not believe so. This is...not a dream... Dreams are either pleasant or full of horror. And I would not realize it...yet I am fully aware here. A conscious thought amidst a black world... I should not be here, yet I am. Why is that? Why would I be perceptive of my surroundings - or lack thereof - when I should not? It doesn't make any sense... This goes against everything science has learned, of the brain. ...What is that? A light? ...So peaceful... How could something so beautiful and bright exist in such a dismal pit of nothingness? It even seems to call to me. ...Wait... Conscious when I should not be, surrounded by darkness, with a comforting light that calls... No. That means I am dying...Or even dead. ...I cannot accept that. I will NOT accept it! The other way is clear, with no light in sight. It is the safest option. If I get lost in the darkness, I might never return, but if I go to the light, I will have no hope of it.

...Another light? It's approaching quickly. I won't be able to escape! I don't...!

For the briefest of moments his consciousness came back to the world before flickering out to rest, but in that millisecond he felt immense agony throughout his body...And was comforted by it. The dead do not feel pain.

As the hedgehog stabilized, the doctors chose to move him to a hospital room, to free up the surgical area for another patient. Placing him on a gurney with the IV pack held by another, they began to wheel him out and towards the elevator. As it opened, they slid in, and took him to a rather clean, albeit small, recovery room. Placing him on the bed and pulling covers over him, they hooked him back up to machines to monitor his heart and brain activity; they also placed a mask over his mouth to deliver precious oxygen to speed up the production of blood cells. Perhaps the most important step was introducing powerful pain killers into the IV along with the water, to numb the bite from his wounds when he woke up. After what he had gone through, it was a small blessing that would be appreciated.

Unit 05-000 Jais
Central City/Base
Affected RPers: Sabi (Astrailyx/Blaze)
<Just 'Overing In and Being Jais>

And while this happened, a pair of certain Beetles finally arrived back at base, making themselves known. Rather, Jais did. Hovering in to the shock, trepidation, and amusement of other soldiers, the machine deigned to make a slight twirl. "Why, 'ello everyone! Long time no see, I presume. Jais is back in action, accompanied with the ever so lovely Delilah." He waited for a moment, before continuing. "Jolly good. Now, I am off to the medical bay. Delilah, my dearest love, stay and 'elp get things in order 'ere, please. They need a level'eaded bot to guide them in these times." She nodded slightly, as his words were true despite how skittish she could often be. With that said, he hovered to the medical bay, quickly going down to the level designated for surgery.

It was absolutely terrible. Cries everywhere, the moans of those injured and the screams of those in agony reached his receptors. Had he been flesh instead of steel, a violent shudder would have run itself through his body. However, as much as he looked, he couldn't find the one he sought. Rotating his body around, he scrutinized the area, spotting both a purple form and a lavender one. Turning his attention, he hovered forward, ignoring the somewhat suspicious looks and fear that other had upon seeing the machine. After all, they had just been badly damaged, er, injured, by other mechanical creations. His own disappearance and subsequent reappearance also raised questions, no doubt.

"Blaze, Astrailyx?" His accented voice rose above the cacophony. "I 'eard about what 'appened. I found myself offline...That good chap Axel came and fixed myself, as well as my beloved Delilah, up. But..." He no doubt noticed the energy dragon's rather vacant stare. "Are you okay, milady? You seem rather pale... Do you need a pint of water, or to lie down? I am rather concerned you will faint, and that will do nothing for your fur." The Beetle nodded to himself. "No worries, my dear. All of this will clear up in due time! If only the commander would do something about it. Where is that man? I dearly need to speak with 'im about the current state of affairs. I fear what the young soldier told me may 'ave been quick and inaccurate, and I would rather not bother either of you in such an 'orrid place...and why no one came to locate us when we went offline. I thought we were valuable and appreciated! My, 'e will get quite the tongue lashing!" It was obvious that he was a little steamed at being abandoned.

"...But I digress... Your well-being takes precedence over mine. Please rest, and I will fetch you some water, Astrailyx."
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: Late post is late, sorry x___x. Been busy lately lol.

===

IC: Name: Kiju Shadowpelt
Team: Park Lords
Affected RPers: Enkakku
<Now I know where to go, but how to get there?>

My ears perked in interest when the human mentioned that he had a map, which he proceeded to dig out of a large bag. After unfolding it, he pointed at an area that had been circled and informed me this was where Robotnik’s flying fortress had landed. He then traced his finger over the map to our current location; it would be a rather long trek to get there, and even then the area Robotnik’s ship had alighted on was an island. No doubt flying and swimming Badniks would be guarding the Egg, as well as its own impressive weaponry. Getting there would prove to be a serious challenge.

"It's quite a journey. You really don't want to go there, though. The Egg is massive and it'd be pretty pointless trying to fight through all of the monsters there,” the human said, pulling my attention from my musings. Before I could reply, he glanced in the direction the android had been thrown and added, "I haven't seen anyone like you, either. Sorry if this sounds rude, but might we move a little? That android has been chasing me for quite some time and I would hate to get caught by him again."

“Yes, moving is a good idea. Only a mey stays in the open when in an enemy’s territory.” I then growled, an unconscious action as I remembered the chase I’d led the Badniks on. “But give me a moment to retrieve my pruzaak.” I loped to the last tree I’d been in, climbing it much the way I had the other one when first reaching the forest. I then grabbed the bags containing my food and leapt back to the ground, yipping softly in pain as the cut on my inner thigh flared from the impact. It quickly died to a dull stinging ache, easily ignored as I rejoined the human.

“Come, let us find somewhere safe to speak further,” I said, glancing about. “Perhaps somewhere deeper in the forest, or, if you know of any, a renegade camp fighting against Robotnik. There must be pockets of resistance in this region fighting the tyranny of that sahlohkul.”

===

OOC: Translation time!

Mey = fool
Pruzaak = combination of “good” (pruzah) and “eat” (naak); roughly translates to “food”
Sahlokul = combination of “cowardly” (sahlo) and “son” (kul); roughly translates to “bastard”

Also, here’s what Kiju was saying in my post before, in the order of saying it, in case anyone is interested:

“No, I do not know it.”
“Tell me, human…”
“I…am seeking family...”
“…members of my family, my Pack.”
“…from when my Pack was attacked…”
“My Pack…my family…he will suffer for this sorrow.”

And Enkaku, feel free to have your character hop into Kiju’s mind to get an idea of what she’s saying lol. She has a habit of saying things in Grohiik but not translating them.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 06-30-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Lambda
Almost in Cherrygrove
Talking to a squishy human.

Lambda was a bit surprised when the girl seemed to react so violently to the thought of going to the refugee facility. It took a moment for him to recognize the name Pallet Town, but he turned around to face the human anyways. "You mean that town in the Kanto region? Unfortunately Dr. Robotnik decided to make an example of a couple cities before he was convinced to start bringing in refugees. And the war robots tend to be a little overzealous; that's what you get when you program a robot with the brains of a refrigerator. But anyways, what do you expect me to do? Do I really look like a war robot to you?" the little robot asked Zippy, crossing its spindly arms. It made a motion with its body in a phantomime of shaking its head.

"Well anyways, even if you don't want to stay you should at least come inside so I can download the troop movement schedules to your Pokegear so you can avoid the troop movements. Believe me, those things even shoot at me if I'm outside while they're moving through. I forget where exactly they're headed, somewhere in the Unova region last I heard. I didn't actually receive the full transmission," the little robot said, turning again and rolling in to Cherrygrove. The buildings were still standing, though there was a lot of construction equipment strewn about and some humanoid worker robots were ambling around constructing various things. The robot stopped around the Pokemon Center, turning around again. The door to one of the factory construction floors was open, with the entire skeletal structure rising up like some twisted metal corpse. "I'd advise avoiding the factory floor; the construction bots are known to drop things from up high, and it's very dangerous inside. A lot of the support structure hasn't been set up yet, so I don't think a hard hat would help that much. Anyway, follow me please!"

The little robot rolled to an oddly placed control panel in the middle of town, and went to pressing buttons. After a moment he smacked the panel a few times and, finally, there was a loud sparking sound before the ground in front of the little robot opened up, an elevator platform sliding upwards in to place before the hidden doors had a chance to finish opening. "The settlement is just down this elevator. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to set up environmental systems for an underground area like this. Please step on to the platform!"
Old 07-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Cadence
Revolution Uprising
Base XFA (HQ), Fight Area, Sinnoh
Affected RPers: RU characters

There are many unwritten rules a person should learn throughout their lives. Do not tempt fate is one of the most important ones, especially if said person is in a battlefield, defending their fraction’s base against attacking robots. That’s why Cadence should never have even dared to think things were going decently. Since she, Socrates and Schrodinger had arrived on the scene, it seemed the defense effort had taken a positive turn. She continued to believe this, even after the forced withdrawal of an overwhelmed Hannah. It should have been a sign, the situation was about to get worse.

The enemy’s retreat, despite the increase in resistance from the Revolution’s end of things, had been quite unexpected. Cadence had calculated this would be a long, bitter fight, but it turned out the enemy had other plans.

See, when the Empire has “other plans”, it’s never a good thing. Destroying the Headquarters had apparently not been the prime objective of the enemy fraction. That left one alternative…

This is where the “tempting fate” issue came into play. The flurry of bullets flying across the yard stopped, which would normally have been a good thing. It wasn’t.

The assailant robots turned suicide bomber, echoes of explosions replaced the whizzing of bullets. It didn’t take long to understand what they were doing, charging the closest being and turning them into gory confetti.

Unfortunately, neither Cadence nor Socrates had the proper defensive gear to prevent themselves from meeting an identical fate should they become the next targets. Leaving the…

She didn’t have time to finish or act upon her thought, however. The next moments were a real blur, the P.I weaving through the rain of destruction, using the anthropomorphic cat’s voice as a beacon of sorts. He had her hand in his, never once did it loosen or falter, even as they neared the safety of their base.

The communications building was heavily reinforced, which was probably why it still stood, even after everything it was made to bare. Once inside, the piercing sound of countless deadly explosions was muffled some, much to the woman’s relief. Still, realising that most, if not all, of those sounds represented a live lost was a bit hard to swallow.

Her facial features didn’t allow this to show, however. By this point, Socrates had released his grip on her hand, and was wearing an ever familiar look on his face. A psychic link had been established, no doubt.

She sighed, moving her gaze to Schrodinger, who too appeared to be in communication. Judging by the look on his face, the news he was receiving was not pleasant in any way. This could only mean one thing, something had gone wrong. And, that something was more likely than not relating to the Chakram mission.

"Sh*t!" The anthropomorphic feline rarely used such a tone, as he shot more Badniks that had been heading their way. Still, Cadence knew better then to assume the robots had been the cause of his unusual curse…

When he turned her way, she’d braced herself for anything, or so the woman thought anyway. Still, before any significant words could be exchanged, Socrates filled a short lived pause.

"I have another plan. This one won't be destroyed instantly by one unseen order, as it is rather flexible." He started, referencing the now obsolete plan he’d conceived earlier. Cadence made no effort to stop him, carefully following along. She nodded and gestured a few times, although they were nothing too expressive, just enough to show understanding as he divulged his ideas.

Calling them ideas, though, sounded a little crude for some reason. Once the man finally stopped, Cadence made sure to get the first word in.

“I’d be hard pressed not to agree with that course of action,” she announced with a final firm nod, a much more concrete response then before. This was perfect, and it was a big push. The death and destruction occurring on the battlefield was proof something needed to be done.

“Before continuing, however, I would like to know what you were going to say,” Cadence added, turning towards Schrodinger.

That communications rookie
Revolution Uprising
Base XFA (HQ), Fight Area, Sinnoh
Affected RPers: Max (Tails)

Following Tails’ instructions, getting the requested item hadn’t been too difficult. Like a good underling, he had made sure not to touch anything else. Disobeying would more likely then land him in an unpleasant situation, especially considering some of the fox’s works. Ending up with a barbequed hand or a hole in his head didn’t seem like farfetched possibilities. Either way, he would rather avoid sustaining severe bodily injuries.

Heading back to the currently useless radio room, the rookie noticed the trio of higher ups from before, all hanging around the main doors. He couldn’t tell, from his distance, if they were even talking, but felt it was important. And possibly dangerous. It might be worth mentioning to Tails…

Delivering the goods, the younger man plopped himself down on his chair, holding back a sigh.

“I made sure to follow your instructions,” he made sure to announce before mentioning anything else. Though the twin-tailed fox didn’t really intimidate him much, it was good to say away from any high ranking member’s bad side.

“The people from before,” the rookie gave himself a mental slap for his poor wording, “were gathered at the main doors. It looked like something noteworthy might be happening.”

He couldn’t say what Tails would choose to do with the information, but despite the not-so-great start, felt content with himself. It was nice to feel a little positivity during such a grim time…

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Fluffeh Offline

Charlie Webb
Eggman Empire
Kanto, En Route to Cinnabar Island
ARP's ~ None

Charlie reached the back end of the power plant and had run into the final room before Spectre popped up next to her. The room was silent and completely empty, there was nothing there and there never was. She looked at the ghost hoping at least her had found something but no luck. She grumbled before walking the rest of the way out of the Power Plant. Ok, so her plan wasn't goin too well, she didn't know what she was supposed to be doing. All she knew was that she had to find some stupid assed legendaries for eggman and get them turned into robots. She didn't exactly know how she was supposed to catch them, but she thought tricking them into going with her could be a good plan.

When she had got back outside she looked to Spectre with a knowing look at the ghost nodded before vanishing again. She sat down on the grass and took out another pokeball and opened it up to reveal a large fire lizard. The pokemon looked at his trainer strangely and tilted his head. Charlie let out a small giggle at that.

"Were traveling soon, your going to have to be my ride for a while." The Charizard nodded at this when Spectre appeared again, this time with a half singed map.

"This really the best you could find?" The Gengar nodded as Charlie sighed and placed it on the floor. She got her bearings and directions right and found her place on the map.

"Ok so we're here." She placed a finger on the map. "And we need to go here." He finger followed a straight route to Cinnabar Island. "Which means we need to go in that direction." She said pointing to somewhere behind her. She sighed, glad that Cinnabar hadn't need burned off the map and stuffed it in her pocked, for possible future reference. She went over to the Charizard and climbed onto his back, Spectre climbing onto her lap.

"Ok Fire Haz, let's go." Hazard grunted before opening his large wings and taking off in the direction that Charlie had pointed in earlier. Charlie smiled as she looked down at the changing scenery underneath her. She watched trees and mountains and caves and buildings rushed underneath her as Hazard sped towards Cinnabar. In no time Charlie could see the edge of the see.

"I hope to hell that we get some luck with Articuno." She grumbled and Spectre made a noise of agreement halway between a snore and a giggle.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Name: Kioji Sunburst
Team: Park Lords
Affected RPers: n/a
<Time to get involved>

Blood. The scent of it was thick in the air, along with the heavy reek of death, fear, and rage. When the giant flying ship had unleashed its fury on the city below, great furrows had been torn into the ground, buildings had fallen, and many had been slain. Kioji, normally one to stay out of sight of others, had instead rushed into the madness to try and help those he could. Some people had been trapped in collapsed houses, others had been pinned beneath fallen debris. Some were caught in burning buildings, but the flames hadn’t been much of a challenge for Kioji to get around, and he’d been able to save dozens. But there were many more who had passed on by the time he’d reached him, their bodies already cooling and stiffening. Even though he was young, Kioji understood death far too well, and it made his heart ache to see so much of it.

There were teams and crews out, of course, since the flying ship had left and the Badniks had self-destructed, but there were so few of them compared to the number of civilian casualties. Kioji had been helping a few teams here and there, but had decided he could do better work in areas where no help had yet arrived. Thus he found himself in a particularly hard-hit section of town, where there was not a single building left standing for miles and fires raged everywhere.

“Ful pogaas feyn…ful gut fin rinlass,” the young wolf said as he took in the sight of the destruction around him. He briefly wondered if there could be any survivors here, as it most certainly was the worst he’d seen, but the possibility that someone might be alive prevented him from simply leaving. Instead, he walked to the nearest pile of rubble and began sifting through it, careful of shattered glass and broken steel that would slice through his flesh. Every so often he would poke his nose into the remains of the building to try and catch the scent of any caught beneath the concrete, but his nose was filled with the stink of death and he could smell nothing else. His ears, too, constantly swiveled, listening for cries of help, but all he heard was the dull roar and crackle of fire.

After a few moments he abandoned his search of the rubble and moved to the next ruined building, trying to avoid looking at the mangled bodies strewn about like morbid party decorations. His search yielded nothing here, either, and for the next hour or so he hunted through the wreckage in the hopes of finding at least one survivor. His hopes were met with disappointment, and eventually he paused for a moment to rest and catch his breath.

After his break, Kioji spent another hour or so searching for survivors, but once again didn’t find any. Despite how sad it made him, the wolf soon realized that he wasn’t going to find anyone still alive here. Even though he wanted to keep searching, he knew that wasting time here might cost someone else their life in another part of the city, so he turned away from the ruined area and continued on his way.

He walked for about thirty minutes before realizing the destruction was getting less and less noticeable; he was leaving the part of Central City that had been hit the hardest by the attack from the flying ship. He was seeing more crews, and many of them gave him strange looks when he noticed them. It wasn’t until he passed a broken mirror going by a partially-collapsed house that he saw the state he was in; dried blood, dirt, and soot from the fires had matted and dirtied his golden coat. In some places his fur was standing up in stiff spikes, and his shorts were stained and ripped in certain places. He basically looked like he’d spend the past few hours rolling in blood and filth. He wrinkled his nose at his reflection before turning away with a sigh. He could worry about his appearance later; for now, he was beginning to feel wary being around such numerous crowds, and his instinct to hide and observe was pestering him to use the burned-out, leaning buildings as cover in his hunt for survivors.

===

OOC: Translation time!

"Ful pogaas feyn…ful gut fin rinlass.” = "So much destruction, the worst so far." (or literal translastion, "so far, the worst"). Rinlass is a combination of rinik (very) and and folass (wrong), and translates roughly to "worse/worst".

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 07-01-2012 at 02:39 PM.