Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
We have always done the bonus based on the other pokemon. Really it doesnt matter as long as you understand how the bonuss effect each pokemon.

As far as the KO rule. Lets say this.

A pokemon can now be at 50 percent health if more than 25percent of its health points are taken.

If the damage is under 25 percent the pokemon will stay at full health/ or we can try keeping track of the points in the records that are in each post.

Most battles come with points. I believe there is a scale.
For every 10 points you gain a point to spend.

Battling Charizard at 36 would be worth 4 points

Sadly, we havent had much battling, because the plot has been our main focus. I will be updating stuff tonight for everyone
How would the 50% be represented in the post? Just 50%? I think it should be kept KO / OK until battles are more frequent, just so that once it is used more and there are no confusions actually doing the battles that we'll move onto the health aspect, perhaps?

But, I agree that the damage taken under 25% would allow the Pokemon to still be at full health.

Ooooh, okay. That makes more sense. XD I think that's a good point system with the battles. (The 4 points for the Charizard, I mean.)

Although, the plot should still remain a large focus. For Silver and Gold, there could be battles set up between the two clans? I mean, they do rival each other. And it could be like a rival battle akin to the video games.

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I'll just chime in on what Dredd said with another alternative: Pokemon that, after the battle is completely over, have more than or equal to their normal value, they're completely consious. If their points at the end are below their typical but are more than or equal to 1/2, then they go to 1/2 Points. If they go below that, they're KO'd no matter what.

IE, if a Crocanaw (which has 18 points) manages to have 18 points after the battle, he's completely fine. If he's got anything from 17 to 9, he'll stay at 9. If he goes below 9, he's KO'd. (Also, to make sure there's no confusion, round up if it goes to fractions: If I trained a point onto Crocanaw and make it 19, 10 is the halfway point). I'm suggesting it because it's somewhat more streamlined: the less complicated math behind it, the better for potential players and the less room for errors.

Anyone fine with that?

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-25-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
I'll just chime in on what Dredd said with another alternative: Pokemon that, after the battle is completely over, have more than or equal to their normal value, they're completely consious. If their points at the end are below their typical but are more than or equal to 1/2, then they go to 1/2 Points. If they go below that, they're KO'd no matter what.

IE, if a Crocanaw (which has 18 points) manages to have 18 points after the battle, he's completely fine. If he's got anything from 17 to 9, he'll stay at 9. If he goes below 9, he's KO'd. (Also, to make sure there's no confusion, round up if it goes to fractions: If I trained a point onto Crocanaw and make it 19, 10 is the halfway point). I'm suggesting it because it's somewhat more streamlined: the less complicated math behind it, the better for potential players and the less room for errors.

Anyone fine with that?
how about this, pokemon level 20 and over get an extra bonus
Raticate Lv20

20-17= 0 zero damage at the end of battle (this bonus can only be applied after the battles are done. This can not apply for trainers in mulitple battles.)
16-10 the points drop to half
below 10 faints

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
how about this, pokemon level 20 and over get an extra bonus
Raticate Lv20

20-17= 0 zero damage at the end of battle (this bonus can only be applied after the battles are done. This can not apply for trainers in mulitple battles.)
16-10 the points drop to half
below 10 faints
The only thing that I can see there having a problem with is when a Pokemon like Venomoth that would be at level 31 would prove to be difficult to do the math for.

And, what is the extra bonus? ._.?

Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
The only thing that I can see there having a problem with is when a Pokemon like Venomoth that would be at level 31 would prove to be difficult to do the math for.

And, what is the extra bonus? ._.?
This. The less difficult math, the better.

I can tell what JD's trying to get across: basically, he just lowered the bar to have full health at the end of a battle to 75% or greater, only had Pokemon above level 20 receive it, and made it so it's only applicable after the battle instead of throughout it (meaning, if it would apply for the bonus after defeating one Pokemon while another remains, the second goes down).

Personally, I agree with Eevee trainer on the math bit. The full-half-none thing I had going still works for this, and again, the less complicated math, the better, so I'd just scrap it. The above level 20 thing I can't decide on: On one hand, the realism aspect-that even a point off anything below 20 is too much damage to just be shrugged off and forgotten about-is fairly accurate, but on the other, that there's a bar at all, and that it's reserved for stronger Pokemon, is somewhat jarring for me in terms of game play. The whole aspect of the calculations being after a whole set of battles is done, I agree with completely.

JD could override any change without consent, as it is his game, but I'm just saying.

I'll get the third revision up-and-running shortly.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:12 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
This. The less difficult math, the better.

I can tell what JD's trying to get across: basically, he just lowered the bar to have full health at the end of a battle to 75% or greater, only had Pokemon above level 20 receive it, and made it so it's only applicable after the battle instead of throughout it (meaning, if it would apply for the bonus after defeating one Pokemon while another remains, the second goes down).

Personally, I agree with Eevee trainer on the math bit. The full-half-none thing I had going still works for this, and again, the less complicated math, the better, so I'd just scrap it. The above level 20 thing I can't decide on: On one hand, the realism aspect-that even a point off anything below 20 is too much damage to just be shrugged off and forgotten about-is fairly accurate, but on the other, that there's a bar at all, and that it's reserved for stronger Pokemon, is somewhat jarring for me in terms of game play. The whole aspect of the calculations being after a whole set of battles is done, I agree with completely.

JD could override any change without consent, as it is his game, but I'm just saying.

I'll get the third revision up-and-running shortly.
I agree with the scrapping, if it becomes more of a concern by other players as the battles become more frequent then the issue should be brought up.

And, I realize it is JD's game. I'm just stating my opinion as I have the past few posts I've made. :3

Lastly, okay, Latio. My opinions on the ordering of the rules may still be the same, but I'll look into it with the new revision. XD I just felt that it'd be easier if certain things fell right after the other.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Here's the third revision.

In terms of formatting these for the new PxR thread...The stuff between the centered breaks-the centered periods-is the contents of one whole post. This is all in a single thread.

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Post your trainer's name and your chosen starter in the thread.

2) Create a Trainer Card once the GM accepts your trainer request. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats. Find it here.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways. A post equals a point (unless you're breaking rules), so post often! There are also other things you can do to grab more points. Spending points is how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokémon, Evolve it, purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!!

4) Questions are OK to ask! The rules can be confusing sometimes, so if you're new and are any bit confused by the rules, don't be afraid to ask questions! However, you should post them here.

5) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account). An example of the bare minimum is below:

Trainer Name
Names and Status of on-hand Pokémon (OK, Half or KO?)
Amount of Points

Evolution and Level Ups

1) In order to evolve a Pokémon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. If you have enough points to match that level, you're golden! Just fill out the form below.

Spoiler:
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

The Evolved Pokémon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

2) Some Pokémon have special evolutions with other rules to go with them.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten enough gym badges. Here's a list, in Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points and grants a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points and grants a 45 point Pokémon.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evolutions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokémon. If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 55 for 1st to 2nd, and 65 from 2nd to 3rd, and you get Pokémon of those respective amounts. A list of those Pokémon is below.

Spoiler:
Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

Spoiler:
(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym*
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissey is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
*You must choose between the three Hitmons to evolve a Tyrouge into.

3) Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokémon to its own level +10. Gym Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokémon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each.

Leveling Up a Pokémon

Spoiler:
Pokémon being Leveled Up:
Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Gym prizes are below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
1 Badge
(Pokémon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokémon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

5 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-50 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokémon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

Wild Pokémon

1) ONLY This thread's Officials can post the appearance of wild Pokémon. (If you want to be an official for GCeA, contact one of the existing GMs.)

2) Each Pokémon will have a point value. If you don't have enough points, you can't capture it. You can still battle it if your Pokémon are OK, though.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokémon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again. This applies to all Pokémon.

4) The difference between versions affects which Pokémon you can capture in that version. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

5) Freshly-caught Pokémon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokémon Center or a Healing Machine, or use certain items to recover the Pokémon.

6) You do NOT need a conscious Pokémon to capture a Wild Pokémon, but only if you do not HAVE a conscious Pokémon in your party. There is no penalty for taking advantage of this rule.

7) When trying to capture a Pokémon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used. The details are in spoilers.

Spoiler:
In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below. You cannot get a Type Advantage against a wild.

- If a wild Pokémon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

Advantages can stack. Any one instance of the wild having a type advantage over any of your own Pokémon is one type bonus: If, for instance, both of their types are super effective against one of your own, then that's two type bonuses.

In the case that the wild Pokémon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from its final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy. You cannot gain an Evolutionary Advantage against a wild.

You typically use only the basic PokeBall design (which you have an unlimited number of) when capturing Pokémon, but using more advanced (and more limited) designs will cut costs from capture-or eliminate them entirely in the case of the elusive Master Ball.

Battling Pokémon

1) In order to participate in Pokémon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokémon in your party.

2) In a battle, you put your Pokémon’s points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokémon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokémon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.

Spoiler:
Attackee (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokémon you're using):
Attackee's Points (the points of the attacking Pokémon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokémon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)

Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

Attackee's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle: Attackee's Points minus Attacker's Points. Zero points = KO.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a negative number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokémon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
Link to stats (You can put this after a full battle, but having a link is mandatory):

If you're not using points, you should remove Points Using, Points on-hand, and Points remaining from the form. It makes it less cluttered.

4) What happens to a Pokémon post-battle is determined by its point value after all the battles are done. If the Pokémon is at full health or greater, the Pokémon is completely fine. If it has less than full health but at least half health, it’ll be reduced to ˝. If it’s below 1/2, it’s KO’d. (In case of a fraction/decimal number being the half, round up. If my Pokémon, for instance, is level 19, half would be 10.)
5) Unlike catching Pokémon, Battling Pokémon can grant negative bonuses to the opponent. As smaller numbers are better, these are the good bonuses you want to get. The positive bonuses can also be applied, though.

Spoiler:
In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

-If the Pokémon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.

Each iteration of a type advantage is one type bonus; having multiple gets you multiple type bonuses. For instance, any Pokémon you own 4X weak to one type will get double positive bonuses.

Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokémon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokémon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokémon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokémon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokémon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokémon is from its final evolution. If your Pokémon is closer to its final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokémon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

If the Pokémon with either disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be any bonus against it. It can only add to its own points, if at all.

Shadow Pokémon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus separate from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types and neutral towards itself. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. If you leveled up your Pokémon before it got corrupted into a Shadow, those points are ignored entirely: it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: No Player Character (or PC) can purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up and/or evolve. If they're already leveled up and/or evolved before they were corrupted into Shadows, the level ups and evolution(s) remain.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. However, with Purified Pokémon, ignore the Shadow Bonus and just go off their total points in order to determine obedience. This is why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

9: There's a form for this.

Spoiler:
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

Spoiler:
The Forms

Capturing a Pokémon

To capture a Pokémon successfully, use the following form:
Pokémon using:
Pokémon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
Remember bonuses and point requirements! Below is an example:
Pokémon Using: Hydro the Crocanaw
Pokémon trying to catch: Rattata
Point Requirement: 5
Bonuses: N/A
Points on Hand: 10
Points after: 5
Link to stats: *Insert link to your Trainer Card here*
--------------------------------------

Battling a Pokémon

Again, remember your bonuses!
Opponent:
Attacker:
Opponent's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonuses:
Opponents's Remaining Points:
Attacker's Remaining Points:
Link to stats:
Below are a pair of examples. This Onix has been trained 10 points by the NPC trainer (totally possible), but neither the Crocanaw nor the Raticate have been trained at all.
Opponents: Onix
Attacker: Hydro the Crocanaw
Opponents's Point Value: 35
Attacker's Point Value: 18
Bonuses: -5 (-5 Type Bonus)
Opponent's Remaining Points: 12
Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
Opponent: Onix
Attacker: Fang the Raticate
Opponent's Point Value: 12
Attacker's Point Value: 20
Bonuses: +2 (+7 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
Attacker's Remaining Points: 6
Link to Stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Leveling Up a Pokémon
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. Raticate have 20 points naturally, and this trainer has two badges:
Pokémon being Leveled Up: Fang the Raticate
Levels up: 10
Resulting Value: 30
Points required: 20
Points on hand: 29
Points remaining: 9
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Evolving a Pokémon
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. Crocanaw have 18 points naturally.
Pokémon You're Evolving: Hydro the Totodile
Pokémon it Evolves Into: Crocanaw
Evolution Point Requirement: 18
Points On-Hand: 20
Points After Evolution: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card Page here*

Purifying a Pokémon
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. This trainer has three badges, so the bonus is ten, and a Pikachu's natural point value is 30:
Pokémon being Purified: Amp the Pikachu
Points required: 40
Points on hand: 50
Points remaining: 10

That's about it. Again, if I made anything unclear myself, forgot something, or made a change for the worse, just point that out for me and I'll fix it up.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-26-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Here are my revisions to the above:

Spoiler:

Evolution and Level Ups:

One thing that I think needs to be addressed if we are allowing the PXR forum decide on the next GCEA is that not all Pokemon that require an evolution through trade with items are listed, such as Gorebyss and Huntail. This will probably be discussed down the road anyway. XD

Another question that I’ve been wondering; why does it take so long to get the water and thunder stones? I’m just curious and feel like this should be discussed? Possibly an alternative to pay a large sum of points if the player wants to get it earlier than that point, maybe? Mostly as getting up to the 6th gym to evolve a Staryu from early on will take a LONG time storywise.

I’ll be nit picky here just because the stone evolutions is a point in evolving. It is missing a dash like the other points you have listed.

Spoiler tag for the gym badges is broken. Very minor fix.

Wild Pokemon:

Spoilers tag for type advantages is broken.

I think the rule for how long the Pokemon are available for capture also needs to be a rule. We don’t want new members to go through old pages to capture a Pokemon 50 pages ago that went uncaught. (For example, a Zubat that had 4 captures available but only 3 players caught a Zubat. A new member sees this a lot later and decides to try and capture that Zubat.)

I do believe that the rule was that after 2 forum pages that Pokemon is considered long gone, correct?

Battling Pokemon:

Please state what players would win from winning a battle. As JD stated, players win points depending on the level of the Pokemon. For example, JD mentioned that a player that beat a Charizard of 36 points would win 4 points to their current point count.

Forms:

The battling form is not the same as the one listed in the battling section, this may or may not cause some confusion. (Same for the examples listed after the form.)

Other:

You may have also possibly misinterpreted what I had said last post. For the spoilers that have the forms to evolve, level up, etc... The examples for the evolving and everything else should be right after those sections.

For example....

Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokémon to its own level +10. Gym Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokémon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each.

Here is the form and example underneath the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here is the form to level up a Pokemon:

Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

Below is an example. Raticate have 20 points naturally, and this trainer has two badges:

The above is a better way so that new readers may read these rules and see an example right afterwards so that they can see the rules they just read into practice rather than having to scroll up and down to see the examples. (It’s kinda like how in math textbooks they introduce a new math problem and then after they state what to do they give the reader an example, step by step.)

I especially cannot stress this enough for after the Pokemon battling rules because it is a confusing section and readers need to see what you’re stating in practice. I’d recommend having multiple examples for that section. One example for just a regular battle without any bonuses. Another to show how the bonuses are done. And lastly, an example to show the KO/half mechanic if it is staying.

However, if you do put the examples after their given rules, then I believe the form section should just stay the form section (no examples). If the reader has questions at that point they should be able to read the title of the form that they have a question on and be able to scroll up to the given section or ask the club on their questions.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Here's the fourth revision.

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Post your trainer's name and your chosen starter in the thread.

2) Create a Trainer Card once the GM accepts your trainer request. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats. Find it here.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways. A post equals a point (unless you're breaking rules), so post often! There are also other things you can do to grab more points. Spending points is how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokémon, Evolve it, purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!!

4) Questions are OK to ask! The rules can be confusing sometimes, so if you're new and are any bit confused by the rules, don't be afraid to ask questions! However, you should post them here.

5) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account). An example of the bare minimum is below:

Trainer Name
Names and Status of on-hand Pokémon (OK, Half or KO?)
Amount of Points

Evolution and Level Ups

1) In order to evolve a Pokémon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. If you have enough points to match that level, you're golden! Just fill out the form below.

Spoiler:
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. Crocanaw have 18 points naturally.
Pokémon You're Evolving: Hydro the Totodile
Pokémon it Evolves Into: Crocanaw
Evolution Point Requirement: 18
Points On-Hand: 20
Points After Evolution: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card Page here*

The Evolved Pokémon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

2) Some Pokémon have special evolutions with other rules to go with them.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten enough gym badges. Here's a list, in Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points and grants a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokémon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points and grants a 45 point Pokémon.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokémon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evolutions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokémon. If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 55 for 1st to 2nd, and 65 from 2nd to 3rd, and you get Pokémon of those respective amounts. A list of those Pokémon is below.

Spoiler:
Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

Spoiler:
(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym*
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissey is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
*You must choose between the three Hitmons to evolve a Tyrouge into.

3) Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokémon to its own level +10. Gym Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokémon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each.

Leveling Up a Pokémon

Spoiler:
Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Gym prizes are below, in spoilers.

Spoiler:
1 Badge
(Pokémon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokémon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

5 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-50 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokémon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokémon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokémon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

Wild Pokémon

1) ONLY This thread's Officials can post the appearance of wild Pokémon. (If you want to be an official for GCeA, contact one of the existing GMs.)

2) Each Pokémon will have a point value. If you don't have enough points, you can't capture it. You can still battle it if your Pokémon are consious, though.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokémon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again. This applies to all Pokémon. Two pages after a Pokemon is released, it vanishes.

4) The difference between versions affects which Pokémon you can capture in that version. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

5) Freshly-caught Pokémon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokémon Center or a Healing Machine, or use certain items to recover the Pokémon.

6) You do NOT need a conscious Pokémon to capture a Wild Pokémon, but only if you do not HAVE a conscious Pokémon in your party. There is no penalty for taking advantage of this rule.

7) When trying to capture a Pokémon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used. The details are in spoilers.

Spoiler:
In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below. You cannot get a Type Advantage against a wild.

- If a wild Pokémon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokémon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

Advantages can stack. Any one instance of the wild having a type advantage over any of your own Pokémon is one type bonus: If, for instance, both of their types are super effective against one of your own, then that's two type bonuses.

In the case that the wild Pokémon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from its final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy. You cannot gain an Evolutionary Advantage against a wild.

You typically use only the basic PokeBall design (which you have an unlimited number of) when capturing Pokémon, but using more advanced (and more limited) designs will cut costs from capture-or eliminate them entirely in the case of the elusive Master Ball.

8: The form for this is below.
Pokémon using:
Pokémon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
Remember bonuses and point requirements! Below is an example:
Pokémon Using: Hydro the Crocanaw
Pokémon trying to catch: Rattata
Point Requirement: 5
Bonuses: N/A
Points on Hand: 10
Points after: 5
Link to stats: *Insert link to your Trainer Card here*

Battling Pokémon

1) In order to participate in Pokémon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokémon in your party.

2) In a battle, you put your Pokémon’s points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokémon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokémon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.

Spoiler:
[INDENT]Opponent (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokémon you're using):
Opponent's Points (the points of the attacking Pokémon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokémon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)

Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):

Opponents's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle: Attackee's Points minus Attacker's Points. Zero points = KO.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a negative number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokémon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
Result (What happened to your Pokemon? Are they OK, Half, or KO? This isn't required during the battle(s), only after all of them.
Link to stats (You can put this after a full battle, but having a link is mandatory):

If you're not using points, you should remove Points Using, Points on-hand, and Points remaining from the form. It makes it less cluttered. Here’s a pair of examples, with the Onix and the Raticate both leveled up +10, the trainer has 2 badges, and the Crocanaw untrained:
Opponents: Onix
Attacker: Hydro the Crocanaw
Opponents's Point Value: 35
Attacker's Point Value: 18
Bonuses: -5 (-5 Type Bonus)
Opponent's Remaining Points: 12
Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
Opponent: Onix
Attacker: Fang the Raticate
Opponent's Point Value: 12
Attacker's Point Value: 30
Bonuses: +2 (+7 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
Attacker's Remaining Points: 16
Result: Hydro the Crocanaw has fainted from Knockout, Fang the Raticate has been weakened to half-points (16 is greater than half of Raticate’s points, 15, so it goes down to half).
Link to Stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

4) What happens to a Pokémon post-battle is determined by its point value after all the battles are done. If the Pokémon is at full health or greater, the Pokémon is completely fine. If it has less than full health but at least half health, it’ll be reduced to ˝. If it’s below 1/2, it’s KO’d. (In case of a fraction/decimal number being the half, round up. If my Pokémon, for instance, is level 19, half would be 10.)

5) Unlike catching Pokémon, Battling Pokémon can grant negative bonuses to the opponent. As smaller numbers are better, these are the good bonuses you want to get. The positive bonuses can also be applied, though.

Spoiler:
In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

-If the Pokémon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokémon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.

Each iteration of a type advantage is one type bonus; having multiple gets you multiple type bonuses. For instance, any Pokémon you own 4X weak to one type will get double positive bonuses.

Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokémon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokémon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokémon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokémon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokémon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokémon is from its final evolution. If your Pokémon is closer to its final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokémon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

If the Pokémon with either disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be any bonus against it. It can only add to its own points, if at all.

6: All enemy Pokemon defeated in any battle grants points. The exact value is 1/10th of the enemy's points, rounded up (1-10 is 1 point, 11-20 is 2 points, ect). the prize will be split among any person who participates in defeating that Pokemon.

Shadow Pokémon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus separate from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types and neutral towards itself. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. If you leveled up your Pokémon before it got corrupted into a Shadow, those points are ignored entirely: it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: No Player Character (or PC) can purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up and/or evolve. If they're already leveled up and/or evolved before they were corrupted into Shadows, the level ups and evolution(s) remain.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. However, with Purified Pokémon, ignore the Shadow Bonus and just go off their total points in order to determine obedience. This is why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

9: There's a form for this.

Spoiler:
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:
Below is an example. This trainer has three badges, so the bonus is ten, and a Pikachu's natural point value is 30:
Pokémon being Purified: Amp the Pikachu
Points required: 40
Points on hand: 50
Points remaining: 10

Spoiler:
The Forms

Capturing a Pokémon

To capture a Pokémon successfully, use the following form:
Pokémon using:
Pokémon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:

Battling a Pokémon

Again, remember your bonuses!
Opponent:
Attacker:
Opponent's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonuses:
Points Using:
Points on-hand:
Points remaining:
Opponents's Remaining Points:
Attacker's Remaining Points:
Link to stats:

Leveling Up a Pokémon
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

Evolving a Pokémon
Pokémon You're Evolving:
Pokémon it Evolves Into:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

Purifying a Pokémon
Pokémon being Purified:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link to stats:

That's about it. Again, if I made anything unclear myself, forgot something, or made a change for the worse, just point that out for me and I'll fix it up.

The Pokemon lists are just stand-ins, because it would be ridiculous to think up of every evolution type, and as I can't predict...This is completely edit-able, of course.

On that note, I recommend we start the poll to determine which region we're doing soon, at least this week. Whether or not we're playing in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova should be addressed very shortly.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-27-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:49 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:

The Pokemon lists are just stand-ins, because it would be ridiculous to think up of every evolution type, and as I can't predict...This is completely edit-able, of course.

On that note, I recommend we start the poll to determine which region we're doing soon, at least this week. Whether or not we're playing in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova should be addressed very shortly.
Ahhhh, okay. I just wanted to make sure! I apologize if I seem rather hard with my suggestions. u_u

I agree. However, I think we should stick to only one region and have the second region we start be Kalos a month or so after X and Y are released as I'm sure people would be interested to participate.

I'll edit this point tomorrow if there are any revisions I see.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Ahhhh, okay. I just wanted to make sure! I apologize if I seem rather hard with my suggestions. u_u

I agree. However, I think we should stick to only one region and have the second region we start be Kalos a month or so after X and Y are released as I'm sure people would be interested to participate.

I'll edit this point tomorrow if there are any revisions I see.
Really, when it comes to the 2nd GCeA Region, we'll just include Kalos in the vote and exclude whatever was chosen the first time; there's still the freedom of choice, and considering the sheer size of it it probably might not be an a+ choice.

We're also going to need more GMs than just JD this time. He's good at his job, but there are probably others just as qualified as him as well that would be just as willing. I know at least one person who might be able to do it. And this is considering that the Pe2k branch just dies outright and the PxR branch is the only one he has to attend to: He'll die of work if he has, like, six or eight to do. More GMs. Seriously.

One more thing. I do want to include one last mechanic in the Transition to PxR: Abilities. In short, Abilities will not be universal, unlike the Pokemon Games/Anime: It'll be like Borderlands, where the better 'loot' (in this case, Pokemon) will be harder to find but worth the effort. For instance, to get people encouraged to join, those who join within the first three or so days get a starter that has Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, which, unlike the games variant on the abilities (which is almost impossibly tricky to do with GCeA's Mechanics), will double the starter's points if they're the last conscious Pokemon on your team (out of at least three). It should be started as early as possible: No suprises in this regard.

Anyone interested in the concept?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Really, when it comes to the 2nd GCeA Region, we'll just include Kalos in the vote and exclude whatever was chosen the first time; there's still the freedom of choice, and considering the sheer size of it it probably might not be an a+ choice.

We're also going to need more GMs than just JD this time. He's good at his job, but there are probably others just as qualified as him as well that would be just as willing. I know at least one person who might be able to do it. And this is considering that the Pe2k branch just dies outright and the PxR branch is the only one he has to attend to: He'll die of work if he has, like, six or eight to do. More GMs. Seriously.

One more thing. I do want to include one last mechanic in the Transition to PxR: Abilities. In short, Abilities will not be universal, unlike the Pokemon Games/Anime: It'll be like Borderlands, where the better 'loot' (in this case, Pokemon) will be harder to find but worth the effort. For instance, to get people encouraged to join, those who join within the first three or so days get a starter that has Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent, which, unlike the games variant on the abilities (which is almost impossibly tricky to do with GCeA's Mechanics), will double the starter's points if they're the last conscious Pokemon on your team (out of at least three). It should be started as early as possible: No suprises in this regard.

Anyone interested in the concept?
Well, if we're thinking about the size of the regions then Unova shouldn't be included in regards to B/W and their respective sequels.

I agree with more moderators, we're going to need more people to look over the progress of the GCEAs and help keep it going instead of leaving it all to JD. It'd be too much for only one person to handle. :/ I still offer any help that I can though!

Well, with abilities, it really depends on how in depth you plan on taking the idea. I recommend not too many abilities and not too complicated. Again, some of the rules are already complicated to understand. Adding too much may also hinder new players from joining as well. How would the abilities be recorded by the way? Under the Pokemon's points? Are you also implying that not all Pokemon will gain an ability? (Similar to the Pokemon you get in Pokemon Rumble?)

Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
Well, if we're thinking about the size of the regions then Unova shouldn't be included in regards to B/W and their respective sequels.

I agree with more moderators, we're going to need more people to look over the progress of the GCEAs and help keep it going instead of leaving it all to JD. It'd be too much for only one person to handle. :/ I still offer any help that I can though!

Well, with abilities, it really depends on how in depth you plan on taking the idea. I recommend not too many abilities and not too complicated. Again, some of the rules are already complicated to understand. Adding too much may also hinder new players from joining as well. How would the abilities be recorded by the way? Under the Pokemon's points? Are you also implying that not all Pokemon will gain an ability? (Similar to the Pokemon you get in Pokemon Rumble?)
Good point. That being said, Kalas does seem to be bigger than Unova, what with the implications of the Pokedex. To be specific, the Pokedex is split into three sections (coastal, mainland, mountain, or something like that), it's so big.

It would be like Pokemon Rumble, yes. There wouldn't be that many abilities, either, and many (Torrent/Overgrow/Blaze/Swarm) are just renamed versions of the same ones in practice. There will be several abilities, however. (Of course, they're Pokemon appropriate. Torchics with Static will not exist.)

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-27-2013 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:04 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Good point. That being said, Kalas does seem to be bigger than Unova, what with the implications of the Pokedex. To be specific, the Pokedex is split into three sections (coastal, mainland, mountain, or something like that), it's so big.

It would be like Pokemon Rumble, yes. There wouldn't be that many abilities, either, and many (Torrent/Overgrow/Blaze/Swarm) are just renamed versions of the same ones in practice. There will be several abilities, however. (Of course, they're Pokemon appropriate. Torchics with Static will not exist.)
I feel as if it may only seem that way as this generation will most likely give us into the 700's for Pokemon. (Not to be confused with over 700 Pokemon, but rather we're going to jump from 649 Pokemon to somewhere in the 700's.) At that point, we're really going to need some sort of organization with the Pokedex. Especially with this many Pokemon now. However, we really won't know until the game is released in October... XD

So, we'll get there when we get there. I just thought that as a new expansion, forum members would know more about the most recent game, you know? Again, it was just a thought.

As for the abilities, I think I'll leave the decision up to JD, it depends on his opinion.

-------------
Edit:

Here are the revisions:
(They’re getting smaller, lol.)

Spoiler:

Evolving:

I think we should probably state early on that points are the level of the Pokemon. Switching between points and levels may confuse the player without stating this first.

Leveling Up:
I am a bit confused with the wording for this section. Are you saying we can only level up our Pokemon ten times max or past that to meet the badge requirements or... both?

Either way, it should be rewritten to be easier to understand.

Gym Badges:

Just so you are made aware, the 5th gym badge does not give any prizes. Not sure if it was intentional, so I thought I should bring it up.

Wild Pokemon:

“You can still battle it if your Pokemon are OK, though.”

Does this mean we cannot battle if our Pokemon are at 1/2?

Battling:

I’d like it if you replaced “Attackee” with Opponent. It just sounds batter and easier to read. Attackee has gotten me confused numerous times. XD;

Also, put the result bit (the “Result: Croconaw has fainted from knockout”) at the bottom of the first example, just so that they’re together.

Other:

Spoiler tag is broken for the forms.

Another thought came to mind while I was rereading this. Say for instance a GCEA has progressed up to the 6th gym. How do new members get the badges that they missed out on? I kinda doubt that there will be much backtracking just to get a select number of gym badges. How would we get these new players to get these badges then? Being that late in the game would prevent them from getting their Pokemon ready for higher leveled Pokemon and give the new players a disadvantage.

Last edited by Eevee trainer; 05-27-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:59 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Quote:
I feel as if it may only seem that way as this generation will most likely give us into the 700's for Pokemon. (Not to be confused with over 700 Pokemon, but rather we're going to jump from 649 Pokemon to somewhere in the 700's.) At that point, we're really going to need some sort of organization with the Pokedex. Especially with this many Pokemon now. However, we really won't know until the game is released in October... XD

So, we'll get there when we get there. I just thought that as a new expansion, forum members would know more about the most recent game, you know? Again, it was just a thought.

As for the abilities, I think I'll leave the decision up to JD, it depends on his opinion.

-------------
Edit:

Here are the revisions:
(They’re getting smaller, lol.)

Spoiler:

Evolving:

I think we should probably state early on that points are the level of the Pokemon. Switching between points and levels may confuse the player without stating this first.

Leveling Up:
I am a bit confused with the wording for this section. Are you saying we can only level up our Pokemon ten times max or past that to meet the badge requirements or... both?

Either way, it should be rewritten to be easier to understand.

Gym Badges:

Just so you are made aware, the 5th gym badge does not give any prizes. Not sure if it was intentional, so I thought I should bring it up.

Wild Pokemon:

“You can still battle it if your Pokemon are OK, though.”

Does this mean we cannot battle if our Pokemon are at 1/2?

Battling:

I’d like it if you replaced “Attackee” with Opponent. It just sounds batter and easier to read. Attackee has gotten me confused numerous times. XD;

Also, put the result bit (the “Result: Croconaw has fainted from knockout”) at the bottom of the first example, just so that they’re together.

Other:

Spoiler tag is broken for the forms.

Another thought came to mind while I was rereading this. Say for instance a GCEA has progressed up to the 6th gym. How do new members get the badges that they missed out on? I kinda doubt that there will be much backtracking just to get a select number of gym badges. How would we get these new players to get these badges then? Being that late in the game would prevent them from getting their Pokemon ready for higher leveled Pokemon and give the new players a disadvantage.
Thanks. I've put the fifth revision as an edit to the fourth.

My thoughts on mid-game joiners and badges is this: Along with their starter package (JD gives starter packages to latecomers), players will receive the gym badges free-of-charge (though there is backtracking on occasion, for plot reasons)...However, beating the Gym rewards you with Pokemon, free-of-charge, that they don't get and have to find the hard way.

Typically, the Pokemon Gyms had fees in GCeA, but I will suggest they're removed, because it always bugged me storywise. They paid you like any other trainer in the video games and never required this in any other source of the Pokemon worlds I've ever seen. It's JD's game, but it's always bugged me.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!