Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Gotta catch em' all !: Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
If you'd want, I'll edit things out so other people find it easier to read (I think that is that alone is a LOT of why people aren't getting the rules, no offense intended). Also, if you'd like, I could also help reconstruct a new plot from scratch, if need be, so we can go back to it as a reference.

As for anything to do on the PxR release, I strongly advise you just make a completely clean slate for the game, plot-wise AND progress-wise, instead of trying to move all of our progress and plot over. Having a clean slate-and henceforth, nobody in the lead like a mile and a load of plot explanations-might convince a few people new to the game to join, once the rules are all nice and neat. PxR is supposed to be a clean slate, Pe2k 2.0: having GCeA a clean slate for it is probably for the best as well.

I think its a great idea man. I wouldnt mind at all if you helped make it more simple to understand. You would be the best canidate for that as you have a great understanding of the game.

Also a new plot sounds great. A new starting point and fresh start would be great.

Im interesting in seeing both. In your revising the rules feel free to change around stuff that makes no sense, or leave a suggestion about what you think it should be.. Id like to see what you think would make it all easier.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 05-12-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Hey, if you guys need any help, lemme know? I know I'm rather new to the game, but I'm willing to lend a hand if you guys would like?

Maybe after the revisions, run it by me since I was one of the most clueless people when I joined. So, if the rules cause me to have any questions, I might be able to give some insight on it? XD

I'll also draw anything if need be. UvU

|.:Art Gallery:.|.:.|.:Battle Log:.|
|.:My once trade thread:.|
Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
Hey, if you guys need any help, lemme know? I know I'm rather new to the game, but I'm willing to lend a hand if you guys would like?

Maybe after the revisions, run it by me since I was one of the most clueless people when I joined. So, if the rules cause me to have any questions, I might be able to give some insight on it? XD

I'll also draw anything if need be. UvU
if you want to help out. We need an official GCEA logo ! I was working on ones with the unowns spelling out the GCEA.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
if you want to help out. We need an official GCEA logo ! I was working on ones with the unowns spelling out the GCEA.
:O That'd be cool! Just the letters: GCEA?
How big should the logo be?

Pearl FC- 4984-8127-7088 | SoulSilver FC- 1763-4967-6519 | Black FC- 0991-1240-1790
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Ok, because the revision wouldn't fit in a PM...Here it is. I omitted the rules on Moderators because, quite frankly, JD is the only guy who runs this and I'm not sure if that'll change. I took it from the Johto rules, not the Kanto ones, but it's either Kanto that should be restarted (right from the beginning), go Unovan, or start with poll to see which region we do (I suggest the last one.)

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Post your trainer's name and your chosen starter in the thread.

2) Create a Trainer Card once the GM accepts your trainer request. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats. Find it here.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways. A post equals a point (unless you're breaking rules), so post often! There are also other things you can do to grab more points. Spending points is how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokemon, Evolve it, Purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!!

4) Questions are OK to ask! The rules can be confusing sometimes, so if you're new and are any bit confused by the rules, don't be afraid to ask questions! However, you should post them here.

5) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account). An example of the bare minimum is below:

Trainer Name
Names and Status of on-hand Pokemon (OK or KO?)
Amount of Points

Evolution

1) In order to evolve a Pokemon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. If you have enough points to match that level, you're golden! Just fill out the form below.

Pokemon You're Evolving:
Pokemon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

The Evolved Pokemon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

Here's an example:

Pokemon You're Evolving: Hydro the Totodile
Pokemon it Evolves Into: Crocanaw
Evolution Point Requirement: 18
Points On-Hand: 20
Points After Evolution: 2
Link to stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card Page here*

2) Some Pokemon have special evolutions with other rules to go with them.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten enough gym badges. Here's a list:

Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points and grants a 35 point Pokemon, while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points and grants a 45 point Pokemon.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokemon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evolutions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokemon.

-If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 55 for 1st to 2nd, and 65 from 2nd to 3rd, and you get Pokemon of those respective amounts.

Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym*
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissey is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
*You must choose between the three Hitmons to evolve a Tyrouge into.

Leveling Up

1) Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. Without any badges, you can level up any Pokemon to its own level +10. Badges add a level ceiling-if you cannot meet the ceiling with ten level ups, you can level up your Pokemon to meet the ceiling. Each level gained is two points each.

Leveling Up a Pokemon

Pokemon being Leveled Up:
Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Wild Pokemon

1) ONLY This thread's Officials can post the appearance of wild Pokemon. (If you want to be an official for GCeA, contact one of the existing GMs.)

2) Each Pokemon will have a point value. If you don't have enough points, you can't capture it. You can still battle it if your Pokemon are OK, though.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokemon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again. This applies to all Pokemon.

4) The difference between versions affects which Pokemon you can capture in that version. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

6) Freshly-caught Pokemon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokemon Center or a Healing Machine.

7) You do NOT need a conscious Pokemon to capture a Wild Pokemon, but only if you do not HAVE a conscious Pokemon in your party. There is no penalty for taking advantage of this rule.

Catching Pokemon

When trying to capture a Pokemon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used.

In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below. You cannot get a Type Advantage against a wild.

- If a wild Pokemon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

-In the case that the wild Pokemon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from it's final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy. You cannot gain an Evolutionary Advantage against a wild.

-You typically use only the basic PokeBall design (which you have an unlimited number of), but using more advanced (and more limited) designs will cut costs from capture-or eliminate them entirely in the case of the elusive Master Ball.

Battling Pokemon

1) In order to participate in Pokemon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokemon in your party.

2) In a battle, you pit your Pokemon's points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokemon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokemon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.
Attackee (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokemon you're using):
Attackee's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)
Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):
Attackee's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle: Attackee's Points minus Attacker's Points. Zero points = KO.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a netagive number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokemon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
Link to stats (You can put this after a full battle, but having a link is mandatory):
All of the above fields are mandatory except Points Spending, Points on-hand, and Points remaining, and that's only if you're not spending points.

4) If there are any Pokemon that didn't need to use all their points against an opponent Pokemon and are still consious at the end, they're taken down to zero at the end of the battle. Yes, even if they're at full health.

5)Unlike catching Pokemon, Battling Pokemon grant bonuses both ways. They operate on the same mode as above, but they'll be re-listed below to prevent confusion.

In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

-If the Pokemon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.
-Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokemon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokemon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokemon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokemon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokemon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

-In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokemon is from it's final evolution. If your Pokemon is closer to it's final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokemon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

-If the Pokemon with either disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be any bonus against it. It can only add to its own points, if at all.

Shadow Pokemon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus separate from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types and neutral towards itself. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. If you leveled up your Pokemon before it got corrupted into a Shadow, those points are ignored entierly: it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: No Player Character (or PC) can purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up and/or evolve. There are no exceptions to this rule. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. OK, there actually is an exception: If they're already leveled up and/or evolved, the level ups and evolution(s) remain.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. However, with Purified Pokémon, ignore the Shadow Bonus and go off their NPV in order to determine obediance. This is why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

--------------------------------------

Capturing a Pokemon

To capture a Pokemon successfully, use the following form:
Pokemon using:
Pokemon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Bonuses:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:

Remember type differences and point requirements! Below is an example:
Pokemon Using: Hydro the Crocanaw
Pokemon trying to catch: Rattata
Point Requirement: 5
Bonuses: N/A
Points on Hand: 10
Points after: 5
Link to stats: *Insert link to your Trainer Card here*

Battling a Pokemon

Again, remember your bonuses!
Attackee:
Attacker:
Attackee's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonuses:
Attackee's Remaining Points:
Attacker's Remaining Points:
Below are a pair of examples.
Attackee: Onix
Attacker: Hydro the Crocanaw
Attackee's Point Value: 35
Attacker's Point Value: 18
Bonuses: -10 (-5 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Attackee's Remaining Points: 5
Attacker's Remaining Points: 0
Attackee: Onix
Attacker: Fang the Raticate
Attackee's Point Value: 5
Attacker's Point Value: 20
Bonuses: +2 (+7 Type Bonus, -5 Evolution Bonus)
Attackee's Remaining Points: 0
Attacker's Remaining Points: 13
Link to Stats: *Insert link to Trainer Card here*

Leveling Up a Pokemon
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Gym Prizes

1 Badge
(Pokemon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokemon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)
And:?

5 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-50 will obey you)
(final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokemon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

That's about it. If I made anything unclear myself, just point that out and I'll fix it up.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 05-17-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

@Latio:

Maybe provide an actual example with capturing and battling Pokemon? (I still don't understand the battling concept myself and some people may actually need a visual in order to understand.)

Very small thing to note; questions should be more than okay, this may come off as an attitude to others viewing the thread. We want to be friendly and open to people rather than seeming to come off as a bit cold. (This is just my personal opinion. It's okay if people mess up a little or have questions. Older members are there to help guide them, not to yell and scold at people.)

“Points you trained onto the Pokémon” confuses me when later on it is explained that Shadow Pokemon cannot be leveled up. What other points can you train onto a Shadow Pokemon, then?

Maybe change this...

“Purified Pokémon do not count their own Shadow Bonus towards their total points when you're checking those against badge limits to determine obedience”

To this...?

“However, with Purified Pokémon, leave out the Shadow Bonus they gain in order to calculate whether the Pokémon is obedient in regards to badge limits.”

Will Shadow Pokemon still be a different color? Maybe mention that so that there won’t be any confusions on any mention of a different colored Pokemon that isn’t a shiny Pokemon.

In turn, will there be a chance that a shiny Pokemon will show up in GCEA? Would this be stated in the rules?

Otherwise, great job! I like your revisions quite a bit. And, the suggestion of a poll for a new GCEA is a good idea to see what a majority of people would like to try. c:

Old 05-13-2013, 02:47 AM
Dragotech Offline

I can't remember what fancy term the acronym stands for, but it is stands for some fancy term that is basically just job specific training
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Whoa, I gotta lot to read through here, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm throwing in my support for GCeA! ^^

Last edited by Charmander009; 05-13-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

So we just tell a story about the story it gives us? or do we interact with other incedences that people post in the thread? (Silver Version)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
So we just tell a story about the story it gives us? or do we interact with other incedences that people post in the thread? (Silver Version)
If it helps, its practically a Pokemon RP but with catching mechanics thrown in. So, you write a story about your character's Pokemon adventure where they'll interact with other trainers that other posters play as.

I hope this helped, I can't give you in depth info on Silver as I don't play in that one. :c

Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:

How To Play/Rules

0) OBEY ALL FORUM RULES!! No flaming, trolling, spamming, ect. Aside from the consequences of the forum itself, disobeying these rules guarantee LARGE point deductions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1) Pick a starter and post your starter request in the thread. Just state your trainer's name and your preferred starter.

2) Create a Trainer Card. This is MANDATORY after you've gotten your request accepted. You'll also need to update it consistently with your in-game stats.

HERE.

3) Earning points is done in a few ways.

-The most basic method is by posting. You will get one point per post, but your posts have to be relevant to the story/your situation. You can post pictures, favorite moments…anything you want to, as long as it helps the story move forward (and it obeys the forum rules). Be creative!

-Certain Pokemon carry point bonuses. As a general rule, these will be a tenth of their total points, rounded down (except Pokemon who are below ten, which will still carry one point). Exceptions exist.

-Sometimes, doing something in the story/winning a contest will confer bonus points. It's up to the GM to do these things, though.

3) Questions are okay, but you should post them in our club thread located HERE. Asking questions in this thread is a way to get points deducted.

4) Points are how you get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done in GCeA. If you want to capture a Pokemon, Evolve it, Purify it, purchase items, or assist your battles, YOU NEED POINTS!!! There are exceptions to this rule-certain story-related things can ignore the typical point costs if need be. But outside of those rare instances, Points are the currency of the world, no exceptions.

5) All posts must come with a header, detailing your trainer name, the current status of your Party, and your amount of points (taking the post you're making into account).

Evolution

1) In order to evolve a Pokemon, you will first need to know what level it evolves at. Need help with that? Find evolutionary levels here. Once you figure out that number, check your on-hand points. If your number of points is greater or equal to level this Pokémon needs to evolve AND you're willing to pay up those points, you’re golden! Just post an evolutionary request form, as demonstrated below for your convenience.

Pokemon You're Evolving:
Pokemon it Evolves Into:
Evolution Point Requirement:
Points On-Hand:
Points After Evolution:
Link to stats:

The Evolved Pokemon will take on the exact number of points you put into it: A Wartortle, for instance, which evolves at Level 16, will have 16 points. Adding a picture would also be great, but not required.

2) Some Pokemon have other methods to evolve. Henceforth, you need to pay attention to those rules as well.

-Evolutionary Stones can be used after you've gotten to a certain point in the story. Specifically, you need to have gym badges in order to use them. Here's a list:

Moon Stones/King's Rocks: Can be used after you beat the 3rd gym.
Fire Stones/Metal Coats: Can be used after you beat the 4th gym.
Leaf Stone/Sun Stone: Can be used after you beat the 5th gym.
Water Stones/Dragon Scales: Can be used after you beat the 6th gym.
Thunder stone/Up-grades: Can be used after you beat the 7th gym.

Stone Evolutions for 1st to 2nd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, Basic stage to 1st stage) cost 35 Points (and produce a 35 point Pokemon), while 2nd to 3rd Stage Pokemon (or for TCG players, 1st stage to 2nd stage) costs 45 points (and produce a 45 point Pokemon). There are no exceptions.

-Trade Evolutions play by the same rules as Stone Evolutions: 1st to 2nd stage evolutions cost 35 Points and give you a 35 point Pokemon, while 2nd to 3rd stage evoultions cost 45 Points and give you a 45 point Pokemon.

-If it's both a trade and an item required, then it's 45 for 1st to 2nd, and 60 from 2nd to 3rd, and the Pokemon recieved has the points you spent on it, as always.

Golem, Politoed and Slowking are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym. Politoed and Slowking require King's Rocks.
Steelix, Scizor and Gengar are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym. Steelix and Scizor require Metal Coats.
Kingdra and Machamp are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym. Kingdra requires a Dragon Scale.
Porygon2 and Alakazam are unlocked after beating the 7th Gym. Porygon2 requires an Up-Grade.

-Friendship Evolution's have varying costs, which, like before, will be their points in battle.

(Cost 30) Pikachu and Jigglybuff are unlocked after beating the 3rd Gym
(Cost 30) Clefairy and Togetic are unlocked after beating the 4th Gym
(Cost 40) Umbreon and Espeon are unlocked after beating the 6th Gym
(Cost 45) Crobat is unlocked after beating the 7th Gym
(Cost 60) Blissy is unlocked after beating the 8th Gym
Tyrogue evolves at 40. You need to decide upon which evolution he takes, however.

Leveling Up

1) Once a Pokémon reaches its final stage of evolution, it can be leveled up. How far you can get it depends on badge level. Initially, you can only increase its level by 10-and by that token, the amount of points it has. Each level gained is two points each.

Leveling Up a Pokemon

Level ups:
Resulting Level:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Wild Pokemon

1) ONLY This thread's Mods and Gmods will post the appearance of wild Pokémon (If you are a Mod/Gmod and want to join in and add wild Pokemon contact a pre-existing Mod/Gmod first.)

2) Each Pokemon will have a point value. This is important to remember, because if you don't have enough points, you can't capture it-though battling it is still an option, if you have healthy Pokemon.

3) Additionally, each wild Pokemon will also have a limit on how many people can challenge it. Therefore, the first people to challenge that Pokémon will get it. Everyone else will have to wait until it appears again.

4) There will be special Pokemon that you can buy, trade or catch only on certain days!

5) After a while, a split will occur (Not immediately), after which the game will be divided by Red and Blue. The version you occupy affects the Pokemon you can capture. You can see which version exclusives exist here, if you don't know off the top of your head.

6) Freshly-caught Pokemon will be KO'd until you reach a Pokemon Center or a Healing Machine.

Catching Pokemon

Remember your type match-ups! They can tip the scales of battle-typically against you, as wild Pokemon can only GAIN point bonuses without taking items into account, and that bumps up point costs.

When trying to capture a Pokemon, you will see the Point Value change if there is a Type Advantage or a Level advantage, or if items are used.

In the case of the wild having a Type Advantage, The enemy Pokémon will gain a bonus equivalent to its own level, on the chart shown below.

- If a wild Pokemon is under Lv. 10, there will be a +2 Type bonus.
- If a wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a +5 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a +7 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a +9 Type bonus.
- If a Wild Pokemon is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a +12 Type bonus.

-In the case that the wild Pokemon has an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages it is up from it's final evolution. It is +5 if it is one stage below the enemy, and +10 if it is two below the enemy.

-Certain items will decrease the cost capture. Specifically, special designs of Pokemon Balls. The small list below is only the basic ones: More specialized ones are also available.

-Great Balls reduce cost by 5.
-Ultra Balls reduce cost by 10.
-Master Balls (which are not purchasable and are very rare rewards) turn ANY Pokemon's capture cost to zero. that means it's a free capture. This trumps every rule regarding any Pokemon able to be caught, period.

Battling Pokemon

1) In order to participate in Pokemon Battles, you must have a conscious Pokemon in your party.

2) In a battle, you pit your Pokemon's points against the opponents. If you KO all the opponent's Pokemon (or fulfill some other potential requirement), you win (regardless of your Pokemon being KO'd as a result of doing so).

3) In order to battle, you need to use the form below.

Attackee (the opponent you're targeting):
Attacker (the Pokemon you're using):
Attackee's Points (the points of the attacking Pokemon):
Attacker's Points (the points of your Pokemon):
Bonus (The bonuses that apply are added up, and the result is put here.)
Points using (You can spend points to tip the battle in your favor; this is the amount you're using):
Points on-hand (the amount of points you have on-hand):
Points remaining (the amount you have left over: Points on hand minus Points using):
Attackee's remaining points (The remaining points the Attackee has to continue this battle. The Attackee's remaining points are the Attackee's Points minus the Attacker's Points. If it's 0 or a negative number, just say it's been KO'd instead.):
Attacker's remaining points: (If you've calculated the above and got a netagive number, put that here. This is the amount of points your Pokemon has to continue fighting in this battle.)
Link to stats (You can put this after a full battle, but having a link is mandatory):

All of the above fields are mandatory except Points Spending, Points on-hand, and Points remaining, and that's only if you're not spending points.

4) If there are any Pokemon that didn't need to use all their points against an opponent Pokemon and are still consious at the end, they're taken down to zero at the end of the battle. There is ONE exception to this rule.

5)Unlike catching Pokemon, Fighting Pokemon will apply point deductions if you have the upper hand against your opponent as well as the other way around. They operate on the same mode as above, but they'll be re-listed below to prevent confusion.

In the case of the existence of a Type advantage, the opponent will receive a negative or positive bonus based on which end of the stick he's got. If you've got an edge over him, he'll get a negative bonus. If he's got an edge over him, he'll get a positive bonus. The lower, the better-remember that!

- If the Pokemon with the disadvantage is below Lv. 5, there cannot be a Type bonus against it. It can only get a good Type Bonus (if that's possible).
-If the Pokemon with the advantage is below Lv. 10, there will be a -/+2 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 10 and below Lv. 30, there will be a -/+5 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 30 and below Lv. 50, there will be a -/+7 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv.50 and below Lv. 75, there will will be a -/+9 Type bonus.
- If the Pokemon with the advantage is at or above Lv. 75, there will be a -/+12 Type bonus.
-Who applies what depends strictly on the level of the Pokemon with the advantage: If a level 9 Pokemon under your control gets a type advantage on a level 27 Pokemon, it will be -2. If the level 27 Pokemon gets a type advantage on your level 9 Pokemon, the bonus is +5. Remember that!

-In the case that there is an Evolutionary Advantage, the cost is equivalent to how many Evolutionary stages the weaker Pokemon is from it's final evolution. If your Pokemon is closer to it's final form, it subtracts from your opponent; if the opponent's Pokemon is closer, then it adds to your opponent. Same as before, it's -/+5 if the difference is one form, and -/+10 if it is two forms.

Shadow Pokemon and Purifying

1: Shadow Pokémon have a certain boost to their abilities. If you have less than 2 badges, then this boost is +5. Otherwise, it is +10. This boost maintains itself after purification. In stats, you are to note it is a Shadow or a Purified Pokémon, and keep the aforementioned bonus SEPARATE from the Pokémon's point values.

2: Shadow Pokémon are Pure Shadow Typed regardless of species. Shadow Type is super-effective against all other types. The Shadow Type is removed upon purification.

3: In order to purify a Shadow Pokémon, you must pay its Natural Point Value (or NVP) and its Shadow bonus. Points you trained onto the Pokémon or points granted by items do not count as the NPV, it's only the value you'd normally need to capture it.

4: You yourself cannot purify a Pokémon. Someone else has to. There are certain devices and powers that can do this, wielded by certain people. Also, any Legend and anyone/anything who can create a Shadow can also purify.

5: Shadow Pokémon are just like regular Pokémon in one way: they can be found in the wild or on trainers. Catching them in the wild is just like catching a regular Pokémon. Alternatively, some trainers who find the Pokémon too unruly may give you their Shadow Pokémon (you still have to pay, but its just a possibility). Snagging them from trainers is possible for anyone on Silver Team, as well.

6: Until Purification, Shadows cannot level up or evolve. There are no exceptions to this rule. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

7: A Shadow Pokémon will be harder to control than other Pokémon. They do respect power, however, and they obey the strong. If your badge limit doesn't beat out their total points and their Shadow Bonus, they will not obey you. Purified Pokémon do not count their own Shadow Bonus towards their total points when you're checking those against badge limits to determine obedience (I'm sorry if that's bad wording, but I couldn't really think of other ways to say that better), henceforth why you SEPARATE the bonus in stats.

8: Shadow Pokémon cannot be used in regulated Pokémon Battles under League rules (Gym Leader battles, legal tournaments, ect.). Purified Pokémon CAN be used in these battles. Shadows are tortured slaves for all due intents and purposes, and such battles are shows of integrity as much as power; what does it say of you to bring THOSE out in such competitions?

Capturing a Pokemon
To capture a Pokemon successfully, use the following form:
Pokemon using:
Pokemon trying to catch:
Point requirement:
Points On Hand:
Points After:
Link to stats:
Remember type differences and point requirements!

Battling a Pokemon
Attackee:
Attacker:
Attackee's Point Value:
Attacker's Point Value
Bonus:
Your Remaining Points:
Its Remaining Points:

Leveling Up a Pokemon
Levels up:
Resulting Value:
Points required:
Points on hand:
Points remaining:
Link:

Gym Prizes

1 Badge
(Pokemon level 1-25 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 20 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

2 Bages
(Pokemon level 1-30 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 25 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)

3 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-32 will obey you)

4 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-35 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 30 or their base level +10, whichever is higher.)
And:?

5 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-40 will obey you)

6 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-45 will obey you)
(Final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 40 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

7 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-50 will obey you)
(final stage Pokemon can now be leveled up to 50 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

8 Badges
(Pokemon level 1-100 will obey)
(Final stage Pokemon can be leveled up to level 60 or their base level +10, whichever is higher)

That's about it. If I made anything unclear myself, just point that out and I'll fix it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee trainer View Post
@Latio:

Maybe provide an actual example with capturing and battling Pokemon? (I still don't understand the battling concept myself and some people may actually need a visual in order to understand.)

Very small thing to note; questions should be more than okay, this may come off as an attitude to others viewing the thread. We want to be friendly and open to people rather than seeming to come off as a bit cold. (This is just my personal opinion. It's okay if people mess up a little or have questions. Older members are there to help guide them, not to yell and scold at people.)

“Points you trained onto the Pokémon” confuses me when later on it is explained that Shadow Pokemon cannot be leveled up. What other points can you train onto a Shadow Pokemon, then?

Maybe change this...

“Purified Pokémon do not count their own Shadow Bonus towards their total points when you're checking those against badge limits to determine obedience”

To this...?

“However, with Purified Pokémon, leave out the Shadow Bonus they gain in order to calculate whether the Pokémon is obedient in regards to badge limits.”

Will Shadow Pokemon still be a different color? Maybe mention that so that there won’t be any confusions on any mention of a different colored Pokemon that isn’t a shiny Pokemon.

In turn, will there be a chance that a shiny Pokemon will show up in GCEA? Would this be stated in the rules?

Otherwise, great job! I like your revisions quite a bit. And, the suggestion of a poll for a new GCEA is a good idea to see what a majority of people would like to try. c:

Well it looks good so far, Latio maybe you and Eevee should work together. Since Latio knows the game best he can make the template. Eevee you can go over some of the stuff and change wording that you feel may confuse people. Our goal is to create a very easy guide.

Im also going to break this down in the new gcea thread. Once its ready. There will be simple links that take people the explanation. So it will be set up like a book with an index that should help take down the cluter.

also Eevee Im not sure what standard sizes aare. You dont have to use the Unown. You can do whatever you like. I had drawn in estra pokemon in my design but that was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Whoa, I gotta lot to read through here, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm throwing in my support for GCeA! ^^

thanks Charmander, im glad to see your still around !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
It depends on where you are. Went a person first shows up they may be in a different area. The story teller , which is me will guide the story to help the character catch up. In this game your main goal is to react to what what I set up for you.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
Well it looks good so far, Latio maybe you and Eevee should work together. Since Latio knows the game best he can make the template. Eevee you can go over some of the stuff and change wording that you feel may confuse people. Our goal is to create a very easy guide.

Im also going to break this down in the new gcea thread. Once its ready. There will be simple links that take people the explanation. So it will be set up like a book with an index that should help take down the cluter.

also Eevee Im not sure what standard sizes aare. You dont have to use the Unown. You can do whatever you like. I had drawn in estra pokemon in my design but that was just me.
Already listed some suggestions! :3 But, yes, we'll work on that together. Possibly through PM or hiding it under a spoiler tag so as to not clutter the forum. XD

That's a very good idea, actually! :D When we're done refining everything, I'm gonna test the rules again with my one friend to see if he understands.

Ah, okay. I'll just mess around with the banner then. XD And, I like the Unown idea! I think I'm gonna still use that idea, anyway. XD

Old 05-14-2013, 10:51 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Hey guys! I just want to say that I'm not dead (though I nearly am). I'm sorry I haven't been posting and this is the first time in a while I've had a little free time in the morning. I'll try to get SOMETHING up in these next ten minutes or so. If I don't, try to expect something during the middle of the day or you have permission to smack me :|

So yeah, I probably won't be on much until school ends (which is June 11th for me). Sorry!

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

OK, I've made the changes based on Eevee's suggestion.

Dredd, if I may suggest something, I'd have it so that all the rules are in one thread with each section of the rules is in a separate post, so that all the rules are in one spot, separated by category. Assuming you were going to divide up the rules page, it'll probably make linking to everything easier.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Eevee trainer Offline

Quote:
OK, I've made the changes based on Eevee's suggestion.

Dredd, if I may suggest something, I'd have it so that all the rules are in one thread with each section of the rules is in a separate post, so that all the rules are in one spot, separated by category. Assuming you were going to divide up the rules page, it'll probably make linking to everything easier.
Do you mean like a sticky thread?

Also, Imma look the rules over in a little bit. I'll let ya know if something catches my eye. :3