Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: CM (Kai)

"Kai is really good with a crossbow and ring blade," Anya nodded as the girl started, each of her stated specialties receiving its own nod, though she were marking them off on a mental checklist. "Kai can also sense and disarm traps, as well as pick locks. And being an elf, Kai can hear things normal humans can't." Anya was almost expecting the elf girl to say she was a healer to boot--and it didn't help her mental comparison of the girl to Rayna. She was most of what Anya was not; as she was more of brute force and recklessness...

/You just feel uncomfortable without your other half, Anya. You'll have her back soon, though, I promise. And don't forget, you can always call on me if you need help, too./ Laila suddenly spoke up mentally, and Anya resisted the urge to nod again.

"Well, it seems like you're everything I'm not--I'm mostly an employer of brute force... I'm used to taking people down and keeping them away from my sister while relying on her to keep me from getting too bad off, so as long as you don't mind basically doing most of the stealth work, I'll take us to where she and the other guy are and keep the guards down. Is that acceptable?" she asked, hoping that it was. She knew there was no way she could get Rayna out on her own, and this girl was about the last chance she had before she went crazy.

Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun, and heading toward Lakeshire
ARPers: CM (Drakon)

"...I still cannot believe you talked me into this!" Aileena exclaimed for the umpteenth time, shaking her head. From his position clinging to his Guardian's free shoulder, Harland snickered.

"Don't forget that means you actually have to dress like a girl for once, too," the raccoon remarked and Aileena grimaced.

"Which means I need fabric, thread, and a needle. Fabulous! I have to interact with more people," the woman snorted. "And I have to be clever enough to hide most of my skin, too...this is a mess you've gotten me into, Harland." The Sacred Beast snickered again.

"You need to meet more people, Leena." Aileena let out a huff at the nickname and glanced at the raccoon. "Besides, I love getting into messes--they're so fun to find ways out of!" At this, the Guardian of the trickster Sacred Beast sighed, shook her head, nearly facepalmed, and then kept walking.

OOC: Ugh, sorry this is so suckish. XD Hopefully it will get better.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood, heading to Oakwood
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
"I would appreciate it if you could show me, or at the very least explain the process." Aldur replied, and then he gave the sun's position a quick glance, "Do you think we can make it to Oakwood before nightfall, or would you rather set up camp along the road? I'm much in favor of the later, though if we intend to make it to civilization, we might want to pick up the pace a little. Either works for me."

Menora also looked to see for herself. She did notice it was getting later, so it would be best that they start stopping soon. She didn't want to push the others, so setting up camp sounded like a better idea.

"Let's start looking for a good place to camp for the night. We can make it to Oakwood tomorrow afternoon if we start early in the morning," the hunter replied.

"Because the wolves live in the present. They remember the past, they anticipate the future, but ultimately, it is the present that matters. Time is a concept of mankind, wolves have no need for minutes, hours or years. When I change into another form, I slowly gain some of the new shape's psyche, this is why most druids stay too long in one shape and then have no wish, and no need to change back into human form." Ailith replied and seemed to hesitate for a moment. "As a human, I retain some of this mentality when I change back, but it is much stronger in this form. I have done things in the past, made decisions that can never be undone. And living in the present means I can focus on what is important, and not lose myself in long gone events that will forever remain unchangeable."

Nero could understand that. However that was how most wolves thought. Not himself. Sure, he did live in the moment most of the time. But he also thought of the past or future. He had kept his gaze on Ailith, but now he just looked ahead of them. He heard what his partner suggested, so he'd keep an eye out for a good campsite. But also he was thinking of how to reply.

"It is nice to just worry about the here and now, but if that's all we can focus on then we have nothing to look forward to. And we learn from our past as well. Instinct is one thing, but in my opinion having a soul is much more. Wolves don't normally have their own identity, only their rank in the pack. Are you really willing to let go of your humanity, the thing that makes you unique, to become an animal?" he replied, this time in his native tongue to that the others didn't hear their conversation. And with that he sprinted forward, focusing on the task of finding a safe place to sleep that night since they would not make it to Oakwood before dark.
Kai (NPC)
Underground, Southbay
ARPers: Winter (Anya)
"Well, it seems like you're everything I'm not--I'm mostly an employer of brute force... I'm used to taking people down and keeping them away from my sister while relying on her to keep me from getting too bad off, so as long as you don't mind basically doing most of the stealth work, I'll take us to where she and the other guy are and keep the guards down. Is that acceptable?"

Kai nodded. "Kai doesn't mind," she said.

She noticed that this woman seemed to be a lot like Bellona. If she used strength to her advantage, that means that someone with speed would be a good partner. And Kai had speed where she lacked in power. And she was good in stealth as well. So it seemed like that this woman would keep the guards busy while Kai quickly snuck in and picked all the locks in the cells. It didn't sound hard at all. So it would be a quick in and out mission in the elf's eyes.
Taro
Lakeshire
APRers: Brainiac (Suhail)
"No matter my desires, I am not meant to be free. I cannot escape what I am any more than a wolf could give up its fangs and become a man. I do not have the luxury of expending my energy in such a futile fight. My very nature prohibits the possibility."

Both Taro and Drakon knew that a wolf could give up its fangs to be a man, just like a man could give up their humanity to become a wolf. However, they said nothing about that since it seemed like Suhail was not yet finished speaking to them about the matter.

"In any case, what could you possibly have to offer me in the way of freedom? What reason could I possibly have to believe that my very nature could be thwarted, when you so obviously use what I am to subjugate me to your own desires? I do not trust your ability to promise me anything of value. Why pretend? Just order me to commit the atrocities you have planned, and do not seek to further complicate what interaction takes place between us. As your observations will have previously proven, no matter my desires, I will obey."

"Now why would you think I would order you around like a dog?" Taro asked, his voice and expression serious. "I could merely hold onto this to ensure your loyalty, but everything you do would be of your own free will. You didn't always have this, so you must remember what freedom was like."

It was then that Drakon started to circle the pair. He kept his eyes on the Soulless as he spoke. "When the Sacred Beasts once again control the land, we can do whatever we please. We have the power to chance the very nature of things. We can create a new species, as well as completely eliminate one. We can change how things are. Once we are restored to our full power, we can break the chains that make you soulless and give you your humanity back." He then stopped near Suhail, bringing his head down so that they were eye to eye. "Tell me, there must still be something you desire. If you help us, I can give you whatever you wish."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Suhail
Lakeshire
RPers involved:
CM (Taro)

"Now why would you think I would order you around like a dog?" Taro asked, his voice and expression serious. "I could merely hold on to this to ensure your loyalty, but everything you do would be of your own free will. You didn't always have this, so you must remember what freedom was like."

The indignant tone in his voice somehow gave Suhail pause. Could this man honestly wish to grant Suhail freedom rather than bondage? Automatically, Suhail’s mind was brought right back to the last day of his normal life. Kore smiled at him as, hand in hand, they walked the familiar forest pathways between their homes. He blinked, and the vision was gone.

It was then that Drakon started to circle the pair. He kept his eyes on Suhail as he spoke.

"When the Sacred Beasts once again control the land, we can do whatever we please. We have the power to change the very nature of things. We can create a new species, as well as completely eliminate one. We can change how things are. Once we are restored to our full power, we can break the chains that make you soulless and give you your humanity back."

Suhail took the revelation that he stood before a Sacred Beast about as well as little Rose would have taken a blow to the head; he was instantly in shock. Clan legend said that the Soulless were once devoted to serving the Gods, but that after failing in their duty they were stripped of their positions of power and forced to serve men as punishment.

Drakon stopped near Suhail, bringing his head down so that they were eye to eye. "Tell me, there must still be something you desire. If you help us, I can give you whatever you wish."

It was the Gods who had cursed his clan. For the first time in five years, Suhail suddenly had hope for the future. If this sacred being truly would forgive them their ancient failings then there was hope, not only for Suhail but for his whole clan, to be free once again.

Suhail hastily dropped to his knees before Drakon, bowing until his forehead touched the wooden floorboards.

“Forgive me for addressing you directly, O Great One. It has been many generations since any of my people have been blessed by the direct presence of one such as thyself. If I were to desire one thing of thee, it would be that thou would again grant my people the privilege of serving thee and thy kind, and to remove from us the curse of bondage to mortal men.

I pledge to serve thee insomuch as I am able. I fear that my service may be flawed because of my nature, but whatsoever thou may desire of me, I shall do whatever is in my power to accomplish it.”

Suhail waited motionless, overwhelmed by the awe of it. Nothing else around him registered in his mind. After countless generations he, Suhail, had been granted the blessing of an audience with one of the Gods! He had been promised an opportunity to free his clan from the curse than had plagued them for longer than their records named. For the first time, he could even dream of returning home to his family again one day, if he were deemed worthy.

For the first time in years, Suhail was happy.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Amber Greenwood
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana, Naomi, Alexa), Kamikaze (Darios), Brainiac (Corbin)

“I…” Corbin began, but then his voice turned into incomprehensible murmurs, leaving Amber without any kind of answer. She wasn’t annoyed though, and was simply going to ask again before he again spoke.

“What’s he doing?” it was more wondering aloud then a real question, which was

preceded by his turning away. He was obviously spying on the unfolding situation; possibly even listening in if that was within his ability pool.

Despite her own auditory ineptitude, Amber was able to distinguish tones and the speaker, being that their voices were far enough apart.

Naomi’s was calm, but not completely stoic either. A nice balance of poise, but without the frill of elegance, it was a bit hard to describe.

Agana sounded like she had before the incident, the clear violence had disappeared from her voice.

Darios, for obvious reasons, was the easiest to pick out.

They talked a bit, no word making itself easy to pick out from the last. Still, she stubbornly listened in, trying to pick something out.

In fact, this coupled with her growing tiredness almost had her miss Alexa’s light footsteps. Almost. Turning, Amber noticed the young girl, who had obviously just awakened. It was evident in her face. This, however, seemed to suddenly change when her verdant eyes met something in the tavern. Her features brightened, as if she’d just seen a mountain of gifts, each for her own enjoyment. Alexa wasted no time heading in the direction she faced, clearly eager and happy.

"Aunt Naomi!" Her loud, cheerful voice made hearing the message rather simple. It also gave the source of her excitement away. The woman in question replied, though quieter, and her tone seemed more emotive then it had before.

"You two can come join us," Those were the next words that Amber were able to distinguish, after a few more exchanges. It did take her a few moments to realise it was aimed at Corbin and herself though. "Might as well sit with us if you're going to listen in."

Corbin was faster to act then she, offering her a hand, one that was gladly taken.

"Not that I am not grateful, but how come the Captain of the guard is helping the ones she should be locking up?" Darios asked, as the two completed their short-lived walk over to the group.

“Madame Naomi,” Corbin started, facing and addressing the captain. “I have not yet had opportunity to introduce myself; I am Corbin Smythe. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am in response to your actions. I suspect you saw my little note?”

Amber figured she’d wait until a reply was given before chipping in herself, it would be out of place.

Turning to Agana, he bowed, just as had been done before Naomi. This time, however, the mage noticed his cheeks go a slight red.

“I apologize for the danger I placed you, all of you, in by my actions. The only explanation I can offer is that I was commissioned to do so by someone I am led to believe is older and wiser than myself. However, after this little misadventure, my opinion in that matter has wavered slightly. I harbor no ill feelings towards you, though of course I understand completely if you continue to feel contrary feelings towards myself.”

Amber realised this explanation tied in fairly with the short version she’d received earlier. She wondered though, if the last part was really true. Either way, it didn’t matter much at this point.

“Normally this would be the point that I would suggest we retire for the evening and allow the events of the day to take hold in our minds as we rest for the morrow, but I worry that such a luxury is not one available to us at present.”

“Madame Naomi, I am likewise intrigued by your forbearance in this situation. Why is it that you have not only allowed, but aided us, when it would seem your station and duty are to do the exact opposite?"

Amber’s gaze simply went from Corbin to Naomi, curious to hear her response.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Agana Lilith, Naomi Hemming [NPC]
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin); Kamikaze (Darios)
Agana watched as both Corbin and Amber joined them, noting the joined hands. It could have been just Corbin being a gentleman, but it still brought a small smile to her face. She knew that there wasn't a lot of time for romance with the situation at hand, but for this young man to still act respectful like this was a good sight. Mostly people in this generation only cared for themselves and were rude, even in nobility. So it was a pleasant sight to see in these dark times, even if it was just a friendly gesture and nothing more. However she could not dwell on it as the mages then began to question the captain about her previous actions.

"Not that I am not grateful, but how come the Captain of the guard is helping the ones she should be locking up?" Darios spoke first, seeming unsure if his question would be answered despite the smile he wore.

Corbin was the next to speak, and Agana was revealed that Naomi didn't react negatively to him speaking before she could answer Darios' question. Madame Naomi, I have not yet had opportunity to introduce myself; I am Corbin Smythe. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am in response to your actions. I suspect you saw my little note?"

The captain merely nodded her reply, sensing that he was not yet finished. She would vocalize her replies once she was sure everyone had said or asked what they needed to so she would be uninterrupted. Even if the attention was quickly put back on the inn owner before she could speak. The silver haired woman knew she would get to speak, so for the time being she allowed herself to start coming her fingers through Alexa's hair, the young girl then leaning into the touch with her eyes closed as she was not interested in the conversation going on. She just focused on the soothing touches, almost falling asleep again in the knight's lap.

"Lady Agana. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive my earlier rashness. I have absolutely no desire to bring harm upon you or yours. I acted against what, I feel, is my own better judgment. I assure you I will not behave so again," Corbin spoke, though his tone didn't give away what he might have been feeling.

Agana nodded, her expression showing that she understood. "You are forgiven," she said. "And I do hope that you can forgive me as well. My reaction was also in part of protecting Alexa. She is still too young to understand everything going on and does not deserve the punishment that us adults would or should get for our actions. I could easily start my business up again if I were to get caught and served out my punishments, but that is something an innocent should not have to endure."

Once she was finished talking, Corbin turned to Darios. "I apologize for the danger I placed you, all of you, in by my actions. The only explanation I can offer is that I was commissioned to do so by someone I am led to believe is older and wiser than myself. However, after this little misadventure, my opinion in that matter has wavered slightly. I harbor no ill feelings towards you, though of course I understand completely if you continue to feel contrary feelings towards myself."

However Darios did not reply right away, something Agana wasn't surprised about. She may not have known him long, but she knew that he liked to think things over. But she didn't see him holding a grudge against Corbin. The situation was bad, but his intentions were good. And it was something that had to be addressed regardless, sooner or later.

"Normally this would be the point that I would suggest we retire for the evening and allow the events of the day to take hold in our minds as we rest for the morrow, but I worry that such a luxury is not one available to us at present," Corbin started again after looking the group over, and then turning his full attention back to Naomi. "Madame Naomi, I am likewise intrigued by your forbearance in this situation. Why is it that you have not only allowed, but aided us, when it would seem your station and duty are to do the exact opposite?"

Before Naomi could say anything, however, Agana called over one of her servers. The young woman had been working at this inn for a while, so she was not surprised when the owner called her over. The younger woman was then asked to take Alexa back upstairs to her personal quarters, seeing the young girl had fallen back asleep under the captain's stroking hand. Again the server didn't seemed surprised by the request and did so with a smile. After she picked up the young girl, Agana also informed her that the tavern would be closed early and to let the other employees know that they could finish up whatever they were doing and could return home. With a final nod and a farewell to the group, the server took the younger girl up to the inn level and to inform the others that the owner had given the rest of the night off. Once the cost was clear, Naomi then decided that it was her turn to speak. She gave a nod of thanks to Agana for clearing out the tavern of the others so they could speak in a more private setting, but someplace that was still more comfortable than a conference room. She turned her cobalt gaze back to the mages who were eager for her answers.

"I know the good mages can do," she started off. "But I have also seen the side that makes the public fear them. However, I do not believe that the actions of a few should affect the whole of the people. I do not agree with what they are doing to you mages. I do not take part in the arrests or relocation of those with the gift of magic. Or at least those who do not deserve it."

"There will always be those who use their powers for selfish reasons, and I agree with those mages being arrested and having their powers leashed," Agana said, having seen plenty of mages who misused their powers in her lifetimes.

"But remember, my friend, that it was some of those mages centuries ago that created my race," the Captain of the Guard added. "My species was created through the use of blood magic. We are not natural shifters, nor are we like lycans. I don't know how much you have heard of the Garou other than we are wolf shifters. But I assure you that you do know know the whole truth."

"Did you know that there was a time when blood magic was legal?" Agana then asked, and after a moment she continued. "That's when I became a blood mage, because I wanted the thrill of it. But that was also the time when blood mages started communing with demons instead of just using the raw power that was in their blood. It was some of these mages that created some of the first shifters. And back then they could not return to human form and were completely feral. Over time they could change form, but still had to be collared and controlled."

"If they want a history lesson, I can give it to them at a later date," the shifter than said, a small growl in her voice. "We got off track." She then turned back to the other mages, her voice now back to it's calm and collected tone. "I aid mages instead of turning them in because the balance of this world will shift if we try to eliminate magic. I may be Capetian of the Royal Guard now, but I wasn't always. I worked my way up from the Underground, and I did so because I wanted to be put in a position that I could try to make things right. I'm working form the inside, and there are more supporters than you think in nobility and royal families. However, since those in charge of the land do now share these views and thing we can improve our lives by trying to rid the world of magic they are afraid of publicly aiding your kind."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Corbin
Skyspire - Agana's Inn
RPers involved:
CM (Agana); Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Kamikaze (Darios)

In the pause after Corbin had asked his question, Agana called over one of her servers. The young woman was asked to take Alexa back upstairs to her personal quarters. She had fallen asleep again under Naomi’s stroking hand. The server did so with a smile. After she picked up the young girl, Agana also informed her that the tavern would be closed early, instructing her to spread the word so the other employees could return home. With a nod and a farewell to the group, the server took the Alexa up to the inn level.

Once the room was empty of all aside from their small group, Naomi gave a grateful nod to Agana, Corbin suspected for the privacy. She then turned her cobalt gaze back to the mages who were eager for her answers.

"I know the good mages can do," she started off. "But I have also seen the side that makes the public fear them. However, I do not believe that the actions of a few should affect the whole of the people. I do not agree with what they are doing to you mages. I do not take part in the arrests or relocation of those with the gift of magic. Or at least those who do not deserve it."

"There will always be those who use their powers for selfish reasons, and I agree with those mages being arrested and having their powers leashed," Agana said, her tone and confidence in the statement gave Corbin the impression that she had known some of ‘those mages’ personally as the years had gone by.

"But remember, my friend, that it was some of those mages centuries ago that created my race," Naomi added. "My species was created through the use of blood magic. We are not natural shifters, nor are we like lycans. I don't know how much you have heard of the Garou other than we are wolf shifters. But I assure you that you do not know the whole truth."

Corbin filed everything away for reflection as he heard it. She was absolutely right about him not knowing everything about Garou. She had already doubled his knowledge of them in just that short dialogue alone.

"Did you know that there was a time when blood magic was legal?" Agana then asked, and after a moment she continued. "That's when I became a blood mage, because I wanted the thrill of it. But that was also the time when blood mages started communing with demons instead of just using the raw power that was in their blood. It was some of these mages that created some of the first shifters. And back then they could not return to human form and were completely feral. Over time they could change form, but still had to be collared and controlled."

"If they want a history lesson, I can give it to them at a later date," Naomi said with a trace of growling in her voice. "We got off track." She turned back to the other mages, her voice again calm and collected.

"I aid mages instead of turning them in because the balance of this world will shift if we try to eliminate magic. I may be Captain of the Royal Guard now, but I wasn't always. I worked my way up from the Underground, and I did so because I wanted to be put in a position that I could try to make things right. I'm working form the inside, and there are more supporters than you think in nobility and royal families. However, since those in charge of the land do not share these views, and think we can improve our lives by trying to rid the world of magic, they are afraid of publicly aiding your kind."

“Which brings us back to what began this discussion,” Corbin began, hoping that he wasn’t interrupting Naomi.

“We can change things. We need for this nation to be united in order to face the storm ahead. In order for that to happen, however, Mages need to be put on more equal footing. That’s the reason for any ‘rebellion’ I may talk of. It isn’t because we want to rule normal people; we just cannot help anyone when we have to spend all our energies keeping ourselves from imprisonment.

“I, however, am far too young and inexperienced to lead Mages in an endeavor such as this. I view my position in all this as something more closely resembling ‘Mascot’ than ‘Leader.’

“I know that the two most effective means of uniting people with differences are common loves, and common hates.

“With all that the future promises to contain, I know that soon the world will have many common hates, but I believe I have the ability to offer something common to love among the Mages and the non-magical population. The games are coming up, as I know you all are well aware. It is why most of us are here. I intend to enter and win. However, I plan on winning not only the competition, but the hearts of the people as well.

“I know I cannot win over many of the nobility this way, but I can at least win over enough commoners to make openly supporting Mages fashionable for the nobility to do. If nothing else, the nobility already sympathetic to us will no longer be required to work in the shadows in order to do so.”

Corbin paused a moment. He had always felt that never knowing how to conclude anything as speech-like as what he had just finished saying apparently destroyed his credibility. He just never knew what to say once he’d finished saying what he was thinking.

“So,” he said, “Crazy, or not?”

Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Kamikaze Offline

[[OOC: This post long overdue, and I apologize for that. here it is though, with the second part being pretty much a recap of everything said and done at the inn since Amber and Corbin joined the conversation.]]

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
Route between Easthaven and Oakwood
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)

"Always desire to learn something useful."

"Let's start looking for a good place to camp for the night. We can make it to Oakwood tomorrow afternoon if we start early in the morning," the hunter replied after noting the sun's position herself.

Aldur looked around and noticed one of the milestones that were scattered along the road, telling travelers the distance to their destination. "If I'm not mistaken, there should be a small copse of trees not too far from here, a short distance east of the road. If I'm right, it should be visible the next time we reach a hill." He told the hunter, and quickened his own pace to catch up with Mellony and Celestine.

----------

"It is nice to just worry about the here and now, but if that's all we can focus on then we have nothing to look forward to. And we learn from our past as well. Instinct is one thing, but in my opinion having a soul is much more. Wolves don't normally have their own identity, only their rank in the pack. Are you really willing to let go of your humanity, the thing that makes you unique, to become an animal?" The direwolf replied, this time in his native tongue to that the others didn't hear their conversation. And with that he sprinted forward.

Ailith didn't follow immediately, thinking over what she had been told. Yet another thing that would inevitably gnaw on her mind she realized, though that she didn't mind, for there were wisdom in those words, and for the first time in a long while, she didn't feel discouraged at the thought of turning back to her human self. She then increased her pace, catching up with the other canine.

--------------------

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), CM(Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus[NPC]), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)

"Wise is one who can clearly see the shortcomings of others,
Wiser still the one who dare admit to the shortcomings of one self."

Before Naomi could reply, Darios noticed the two mages walking towards the bar, and once more he had to fight back the urge to draw his blades.

“Madame Naomi,” The man begun, “I have not yet had opportunity to introduce myself; I am Corbin Smythe. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am in response to your actions. I suspect you saw my little note?” Turning towards Agana he continued, “Lady Agana. I hope you can find it within yourself to forgive my earlier rashness. I have absolutely no desire to bring harm upon you or yours. I acted against what, I feel, is my own better judgment. I assure you I will not behave so again.”

Agana nodded, her expression showing that she understood. "You are forgiven," she said. "And I do hope that you can forgive me as well. My reaction was also in part of protecting Alexa. She is still too young to understand everything going on and does not deserve the punishment that us adults would or should get for our actions. I could easily start my business up again if I were to get caught and served out my punishments, but that is something an innocent should not have to endure."

You have nothing to be forgiven for." Was all Darios thought as he heard Agana's response, but he decided to stay quiet. Much to his dismay however, the round of apologies had come to his turn.

“I apologize for the danger I placed you, all of you, in by my actions. The only explanation I can offer is that I was commissioned to do so by someone I am led to believe is older and wiser than myself. However, after this little misadventure, my opinion in that matter has wavered slightly. I harbor no ill feelings towards you, though of course I understand completely if you continue to feel contrary feelings towards myself.”

Darios, though not as filled with rage any more, merely nodded. It would take much more than words to make up for the show he had put on earlier.

After a quick glance at the group now assembled, Corbin continued his little speech. “Normally this would be the point that I would suggest we retire for the evening and allow the events of the day to take hold in our minds as we rest for the morrow, but I worry that such a luxury is not one available to us at present." Turning again to the knight, “Madame Naomi, I am likewise intrigued by your forbearance in this situation. Why is it that you have not only allowed, but aided us, when it would seem your station and duty are to do the exact opposite?"

Before Naomi could say anything, however, Agana called over one of her servers. She was then asked to take Alexa, now asleep, back upstairs to her personal quarters. After she picked up the young girl, Agana also informed her that the tavern would be closed early and to let the other employees know that they could finish up whatever they were doing and could return home. Once the room was empty of everyone but the mages and the captain, Naomi gave the owner a nod and spoke.

"There will always be those who use their powers for selfish reasons, and I agree with those mages being arrested and having their powers leashed," Agana pointed out.

"But remember, my friend, that it was some of those mages centuries ago that created my race," the captain added. "My species was created through the use of blood magic. We are not natural shifters, nor are we like lycans. I don't know how much you have heard of the Garou other than we are wolf shifters. But I assure you that you do know know the whole truth."

Not for a moment did Darios doubt those words, though he made a mental note to continue discussing the topic with the guard later if she were willing to talk about it, Darios was ever curious about things he knew little about.

"If they want a history lesson, I can give it to them at a later date," Naomi then said, a small growl in her voice. "We got off track." She then turned back to the other mages, her voice now back to it's calm and collected tone. "I aid mages instead of turning them in because the balance of this world will shift if we try to eliminate magic. I may be Captian of the Royal Guard now, but I wasn't always. I worked my way up from the Underground, and I did so because I wanted to be put in a position that I could try to make things right. I'm working form the inside, and there are more supporters than you think in nobility and royal families. However, since those in charge of the land do now share these views and thing we can improve our lives by trying to rid the world of magic they are afraid of publicly aiding your kind."

“Which brings us back to what began this discussion,” Corbin began anew.

“We can change things. We need for this nation to be united in order to face the storm ahead. In order for that to happen, however, Mages need to be put on more equal footing. That’s the reason for any ‘rebellion’ I may talk of. It isn’t because we want to rule normal people; we just cannot help anyone when we have to spend all our energies keeping ourselves from imprisonment.

“I, however, am far too young and inexperienced to lead Mages in an endeavor such as this. I view my position in all this as something more closely resembling ‘Mascot’ than ‘Leader.’"

More likely the Jester, Darios thought, but yet again held his tongue.

“I know that the two most effective means of uniting people with differences are common loves, and common hates.

“With all that the future promises to contain, I know that soon the world will have many common hates, but I believe I have the ability to offer something common to love among the Mages and the non-magical population. The games are coming up, as I know you all are well aware. It is why most of us are here. I intend to enter and win. However, I plan on winning not only the competition, but the hearts of the people as well.

“I know I cannot win over many of the nobility this way, but I can at least win over enough commoners to make openly supporting Mages fashionable for the nobility to do. If nothing else, the nobility already sympathetic to us will no longer be required to work in the shadows in order to do so.”

Corbin paused for a moment, “So,” he finally concluded his speech, “Crazy, or not?”

Since Darios had been quiet until now, he decided to voice his opinion before anyone else could reply. "I think that you are, beyond a doubt, utterly insane. If you can manage to pull this off without starting a full-scale war however, I can see the benefits. And if there is indeed a storm on the way, unity is much preferred over the current situation."

With those words, Darios fell silent once more, curiously eyeing Naomi, trying to discern her reaction to the discussion.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Anya
Southbay Underground, in a conference room
ARPers: CM (Kai)

"Kai doesn't mind." Those were the words that sealed the deal for Anya. Hope fluttered faintly in her chest for a moment--she would be able to free Rayna without embarking on a complete suicide mission! Seeming to take notice of this, a soft laugh sounded in the back of her head.

/She's one elf, not what I had in mind, however, if you're sure just you two can do it... Just don't get too reckless, Anya,/ Rayna cautioned her, but Anya just smiled.

/Reckless is what I do best, though, Rayna,/ she teased back. /But I know you aren't going to be there to heal me up until I can bust you out, so I'll try to do a bit better until you're near me again./

/Don't forget that I'm with you as well, though not always physically present. I will protect you two to the best of my ability,/ Laila added in quickly. Turning herself back to the world outside their shared mind, Anya looked at the elf girl and sighed.

"Well, Kai, looks like it's just gonna be us... I'd like to get my sister out as soon as possible, when can we do this? I'd love to go right now, however I'm not sure that's smart..." Anya said, trying to think rationally about breaking into a place loaded with guards.

Aileena Crowfeather
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun, and heading toward Lakeshire
ARPers: CM (Drakon)

"Hold on a second, Leena, stop," Harland burst out all of a sudden, startling Aileena to a stop.

"My name is not Leena! How hard is it for you to call me Aileena?" The woman hissed at her Sacred Beast, hand flying to the sword hung at her hip to respond to potential danger.

"Very hard," the raccoon hanging from her shoulder quipped back. "Anyway, that's not the point here," Harland said, dropping from Aileena's shoulder to the grass heavily and wandered about in several directions, muttering to himself before he seemed to be satisfied and moved back to stand before her. "We need to keep moving north, and a bit to the east." Aileena gave him a look of suspicion as Harland clambered back up to her shoulder.

"Why would that be, Harland?" she asked slowly, not trusting the raccoon one bit.

"Well, you need fabric, don't you? Or do you plan on going to Skyspire in what you're currently wearing? Traders come through there--I'm sure you can find something there, as well as sewing materials." It sounded totally normal, however it didn't explain Harland's odd actions moments before. Aileena snorted before she began walking again anyway.

"Sounds logical, but I know there's something more you're leaving out, Harland," the woman growled.

"We're not too far away, just a bit further, Leena," Harland replied. Aileena didn't bother responding this time.

OOC: This could have been so much better...unfortunately it isn't! Sorry for the late reply, WAR is pretty time consuming--can't wait for it to end!

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net