Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [RP]

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana, Alexa Silvanus)

"Hi Miss, I'm Alexa. May I pet your kitty?"

Amber, who was about to enter the inn, turned when she heard the sound of a young girl’s voice. Indeed, there was a child that stood not far from Jade. The lynx, having quickly determined she was of no harm, relaxed a little.

“Sure, she doesn’t bite,” the redhead replied casually, as if speaking to an acquaintance. It didn’t take very long for who the mage assumed was the black-haired girl’s caregiver to approach them. She, like Amber, was a redhead, but in the truest sense of the term. Her locks were a deep crimson, and eyes to match. Jade didn’t seem to mind her presence either, which left her partner comfortable with the stranger.

"Alexa," her voice was gentle as she called out to the young girl, "it's not safe to run off like that. And not every animal you meet will like to be touched like your mother's." Amber smiled, but didn’t respond. She knew enough to not butt in, although Jade wouldn’t mind.
"As for your, deary, I wouldn't go in there. The owner isn't that fond of animals, and if you ask me the rooms and food are greatly overpriced." The woman then addressed Amber, giving her some good information.

“Thank-you,” she replied happily, “That wouldn’t have been too good, trying to kick Jade out.” She beckoned to her lynx, “I doubt she would have liked that.” It was true, if it wasn’t on her freewill, attempting to pry the feline from her owner usually ended in a mess.

“Do you have any suggestions of animal-friendly places?” she asked, again, casually. Her voice lacked its usual bounce as she was tired, although it was far from weak. The woman appeared to know more about the city then she did, it was worth a shot, no?

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Drakon
Somewhere between Lakeshire and Riverrun
ARPers: Winter (Aileena)
Drakon looked over the raccoon and his partner before stopping in front of them both. So it seemed like Harland wasn't as dumb as he looked. Which in dragon's opinion was saying a lot. He then shook his head before turning his gaze back at his fellow Sacred Beast.

"You're right, I'm not here to just compare Guardians, even if I would like to learn more about this girl. I'm here for business," he spoke. "As you know, these mortals are preparing for something called the Games. Almost everyone in the kingdom will be there. How would you feel about causing some... mischief when everyone is so focused on those petty competitions?"
Agana, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)
Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber)
When Alexa had gotten permission to pet the lynx, she grinned up at Agana before she then approached the cat. The six-year-old wasn't stupid. That's why she asked the nice lady if she could pet the kitty, just in case it didn't want to be petted. She then gently started to pet the fur on the lynx's back, feeling the soft fur against the palm of her hand and between her fingers. She smiled as she did this, happy to be petting the nice cat.

"Thank-you. That wouldn’t have been too good, trying to kick Jade out," the woman then spoke, "I doubt she would have liked that."

Agana turned her attention from Alexa and the lynx to the woman before them. She couldn't help but smile since she knew someone who was like that with her animal partner. However before she could speak the other woman spoke again.

"Do you have any suggestions of animal-friendly places?"

Agana chuckled. "Well, you're more than welcomed to stay at my place. I own a couple taverns and inns here, and I'm actually on my way to my main one that's both a tavern and inn in one building. I allows animals," she said before she then lowered her voice. "And I have charms in the building so that the knights don't find out about any mages who take residence in my buildings. It'd be bad for business if they found out." With that the red-headed woman pulled back with a friendly smile. "So what do you say, deary? I'll even give you the first night free."
((OoC: @Winter: I'm sorry that Drakon's part is so short. Kinda hard to make a long post when he's just gonna say everything he's gonna think and that we're in a conversation scene.))

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Kamikaze Offline

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
North of Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)

"Boys believe nothing can hurt them. Grown men know better."

As the three newcomers approached, they suddenly slowed down, and after a short exchange of words, the one closest then turned towards Aldur with eerie precision, considering that he was for all intents and purposes invisible from where they stood. "Come on out. We ain't here to cause any trouble. We just want to talk, Guardian."

"So much for discretion," Aldur whispered to himself, "Aniu?"
"Most definitely a guardian." Came the, by this point, redundant reply. Aldur chose not to answer it.
Aldur walked out from his hiding place, and because the others had put aside their weapons already, sheathed his own blade once in full view. Greeting someone with an unsheathed blade meant hostility, and so far he hoped to avoid just that. As he moved towards the women, whom he just recognized as the ones he had almost run into earlier, he made a slight movement with his hand, telling Ailith to come out from another tree, still a wolf.

Moving slowly, Aldur took in as much of the scene as he could, and almost drew his blade again at the sight of the black direwolf. There were three women standing in front of him, the tallest, only an inch or so shorter than Aldur, had long black hair and carried a scythe for weapon. The second one was a blond, and the shortest of the three. The third one, who looked somewhat similar to the blond except a bit older and with dark hair, stood a few inches taller than her sister, at least that was what he assumed they were. The third one was the speaker, and standing in front of the others most likely the leader, therefore it was in front of her Aldur stopped, about ten feet away. Though he appeared relaxed, every muscle in his body screamed for action, and his casually resting hands were mere inches away from blades hidden in his clothing, though he sincerely wished he wouldn't need them.

"Aldur, Guardian of Aniu, the black wolf of balance." Aldur broke the silence, and pondered over the possibility that she had heard of his order. The order of Aniu wasn't openly discussed with outsiders, but rumors had been floating about the Underground since before Aldur had begun his work, some hundred years earlier. It is practically impossible not to be mentioned in the darker side of the world when your business is death and espionage. While entertaining said thought, he eyed the woman in front of him more closely. Aside from a number of odd details, he noticed the bow, and didn't for a second doubt her ability to use it. He also noted a pendant in the shape of two wolves, and concluded that the wolf was most likely hers. "Interesting choice of companion." He noted, giving the wolf a quick glance, this time considering the likeness with Aniu. Fate is a curious thing, though perhaps luck is a better word? He thought to himself, but silence was all he received in reply.

Meanwhile, Ailith had her focus towards the huge black dire in front of her. Despite every instinct telling her to keep her head low, she held it slightly elevated. The language of wolves is a most intricate one, and there are distinctions within it that humans can't hope to understand completely, nor replicate. As she stood there, gaze upon the dire that was as black as she was white, she kept her head just low enough as to not claim dominance, a wise move considering her slight size disadvantage, but not so low as to appear submissive and forever lose the respect of the other canine.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 06-16-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Correcting some grammar.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

OOC: Sorry it's taken me so long; I've been uncharacteristically exhausted this week and haven't been up to much creativity.

Corbin
Streets of Skyspire
RPers involved:
CM [Agana, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)]; Eternal Moonlight (Amber)
Although he had spent only a few hours in the city, Corbin had decided Skyspire was probably the easiest place to hide a mage that he had ever seen.

Rather than constrict him, he felt liberated by the crowds of people walking the streets, the bustle of merchants hoping to improve their fortune with the influx of traffic the city saw as a result of the games. Although he hadn’t come up with the idea on his own, he would probably have made his way to the city eventually from the simple thrill the competition offered. However, as Feng was constantly reminding him, he came here with a greater purpose. Corbin didn’t plan to let that keep him from entering and, probably, winning this years games.

His mind contemplated the recent turn of events: Normal people were trying to gather the entire race of magus into one location, hide them away, to imprison them. The sheer audacity of the idea still made him smile, though it was hardly new to him anymore. He hadn’t yet bothered to make the trip to the renowned Midland Fortress and witness the sight with his own eyes, and he had a difficult time believing that any normal person could keep even a single determined magus held against their wishes for any length of time.

Of course, that’s not the way the capitol would be portraying their captivity. Likely they would be willing to tell any story other than the truth about what was going on at Midland. Corbin just shook his head, still smiling. He would be incredibly amused if someone attempted to keep HIM locked up in their musty museum for even a few weeks.

He made his way through the streets of the capitol city with confidence. He kept himself at only three quarters strength and was saving a tenth of his health and speed. He did this even though it left him looking thin, tired, and in a hurry. He wanted to be certain he had plenty of extra for when the games happened, just in case.

As he walked, he went over the information he’d gathered from the guards to the city. The best inn would probably be one run by a woman called Agana. Apparently she was something of a rising star in the hospitality business, which meant there would be a great deal of both people and information passing through the doors of her largest tavern.

Corbin was interested in both, though especially people who might be guardians, or information on them. Feng had been pretty vague about how he would discern who was among the privileged group of people accompanied by his other immortal acquaintances, but Corbin had been informed that when he met someone, he would know. And what better place was there to look for a person than the largest city in the world?

As he walked down the street, he saw an inn and moved toward it, pulling a little extra eyesight from his Feruchemy stores to read the sign. “Lily’s Inn” it read. Not Agana’s. He was about to turn away and continue his search when he noticed the flaming red hair of the woman. He quickly noted the rest of her appearance as well.

Wow.” He said aloud to nobody in particular, and then started walking toward Lily’s Inn. As he walked, his smile broadening, his body was slowly returning to its usual size and vigor as he left off storing his Feruchemy. He wanted to make a good impression.

Excuse me” he said as he approached the woman, taking in the lynx, the blue jay, the young girl petting the lynx, and the conversation between the two women in a single glance.

I don’t mean to intrude, but I was wondering if perhaps any of you ladies could point me to an ‘Agana’s Inn?’ I haven’t had much luck so far and Scarlet here was intriguing enough that I decided to ask for directions.”

He flashed a confident smile at the pair, waiting expectantly.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 AM
The Luna Diviner

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana, Alexa Silvanus), Brainiac (Corbin)

"Well, you're more than welcomed to stay at my place. I own a couple taverns and inns here, and I'm actually on my way to my main one that's both a tavern and inn in one building. I allows animals," The fiery haired woman replied, instantly earning a grin from Amber. How convenient was that?

"And I have charms in the building so that the knights don't find out about any mages who take residence in my buildings. It'd be bad for business if they found out." She continued, bringing her voice low, obviously wanting to avoid letting the information leak to unfortunate sources. Once her message was delivered, she returned her tone to its former pitch. "So what do you say, deary? I'll even give you the first night free."

Some might have thought the deal too good to be true. Some may have been suspicious. Amber was not one of those people.

“I accept y-“

The mage was cut off a sudden “Excuse me”

She turned away from the woman, only to be met with the gaze of a… actually decent looking male. It was in fact rare for the usually oblivious Amber to take note of this, but pushed the observation aside when he continued speaking.

“I don’t mean to intrude, but I was wondering if perhaps any of you ladies could point me to an ‘Agana’s Inn?’ I haven’t had much luck so far and Scarlet here was intriguing enough that I decided to ask for directions.”

Apparently, getting lucky wasn’t just in Amber’s cards tonight. Said young woman fell silent, moving her sight to Jade, who seemed to be enjoying the girl’s company.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:30 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
North of Easthaven
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
After a few moments those hiding revealed themselves. As Menora thought, the man that had bumped into them in town walked out to greet them. But instead of the woman who was with him before a wolf walked out. But that didn't fool Celestine or Mellony. Being mages themselves, they could sense the magic that was uses. However Celestine caught onto it quicker than the younger mage. As the two mages were quietly examining the wolf, Menora was looking over the man. She noticed his movements, and was sure his hands were placed on hidden weapons. She simply placed her hands on her waist, near her dagger and battle axe, but not touching the weapons themselves. She didn't feel the need for caution here.

"Aldur, Guardian of Aniu, the black wolf of balance," the man then spoke. He then seemed to be looking at Nero, and the black wolf let him. "Interesting choice of companion."

Menora gave him a curious look. She has heard of the order named after that Sacred Beast, but wasn't aware that she had reawakened. But nonetheless, when she heard the name of his Beast she withdrew her hands from near her weapons. There would be no need to fight with this Guardian.

"Menora, Guardian of Omen," she replied before she placed a hand on Nero's neck. "He has been by my side for as long as I can remember. I completely trust him."

Nero eyed the she-wolf before him. His head was raised higher than hers, but not completely in the dominance position. He was second in command to his human, so his head and tail represented that when they were slightly raised. But something about this wolf seemed off. He could almost smell the magic, having been traveling with his hunter's sister and companion for so long. He knew that she wasn't a normal wolf, much like himself.

"Now, now, no need to hide, darling," Celestine then spoke to the wolf. "It's rare to come across druids nowadays in the open like this, but I can assure you that we won't turn you in."

This earned the elder mage a glare from the younger one. "Must you always be so straight forward?" Mellony asked, only getting a smirk as her answer.
Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)
Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin)
Alexa smiled, seeming to get a good response from the lynx. She then tried to pet its head, seeing that the cat was friendly. Again she was gentle with her pets, not wanting to upset the animal she was petting. At the same time Agana continued to smile, seeing the young woman's reaction to her offer.

"I accept y-" she had started, but was interrupted by a new voice.

"Excuse me," a male voice started, drawing the tavern owner's attention, "I don’t mean to intrude, but I was wondering if perhaps any of you ladies could point me to an ‘Agana’s Inn?’ I haven’t had much luck so far and Scarlet here was intriguing enough that I decided to ask for directions."

Now Agana couldn't help but smirk. Seems like her business here was doing better than she thought if people were looking for it. Not to mention that this young gentlemen was rather good looking, unlike most of the rift raft that ended up in some of her taverns. "Agana's place? I think I can show you where it is."

This caught Alexa's attention. She then turned away from the lynx to look up at the redheaded woman. "Of course you can. It's your place, Aunt Agana."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 06-18-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Corbin
Streets of Skyspire
RPers involved:

As he talked, Corbin took in the full appearance of the two girls. The younger looking of the pair, the one who fell silent when he’d interrupted them, had large, amber eyes. Her face was framed by long, light colored hair and a firm jaw line, giving her face the look of a young girl born to nobility. It was incongruous with the rest of her. She looked underfed to the point of frailty, and bore an air of one accustomed to the less luxurious side of life. He guessed she was close to his own age, though it was difficult to tell for sure because her wide, honest eyes tempted him to think she was younger still. She visibly deflated as he finished his sentence, looking over to the lynx and the little girl as if to distract herself from something disappointing. He had been hasty in his speaking and likely had offended her. She was a pretty girl, but standing next to the other woman didn’t do her any favors.

The red haired girl smiled knowingly, almost a smirk. However, her face was so well sculpted he doubted ‘smirk’ would ever really apply. "Agana's place? I think I can show you where it is."

She obviously thought something was funny, and pondering that made him slower to take in her full appearance, but he forced himself to be thorough, and memorized her features as well. In addition to her flaming red hair, she had a perfectly symmetrical face, rounded jaw culminating into a soft-yet-sharp chin, and eyes so dark they appeared black, though he couldn’t say for certain what color they were. She was pale, but full figured and fit. She looked vibrant with health, actually. Too much so for someone who spent enough time indoors to be as pale as she was, though the overall effect was still incredibly appealing.

A warning bell tinkled in the back of his mind, somewhere, that she was more than she appeared to be.

<Feng? Is she on the list?> he asked silently, allowing his features to slide slightly into the look of contemplation they wanted rather than enforce the full smile. Let them see on his face that he had questions if they were paying attention.

<No, she is not a guardian, though you are right to be suspicious. She has fallen out of the natural cycle of death and rebirth.>

The little girl petting the lynx looked up when she spoke. She turned away from the animal, looking amused and slightly surprised. “Of course you can. It's your place, Aunt Agana."

Corbin laughed in surprise. “Well, I guess that would make her very able to help me out then, wouldn’t it, miss?”

He smiled at the child, allowing the coincidence to dominate his features as he processed this new information. Agana had a reputation for personally managing her business. She looked way too young to have both the resources and experience in business to manage a chain as large as he’d heard she did on her own. He wouldn’t put her above 30 years, though her eyes betrayed a sense of capability and poise that he’d rarely seen in anyone who wasn’t either aristocracy or well into the later years of life.

Really, there was only one option left that made any sense. She was probably a capable magus of some sort. He relaxed in understanding and allowed his eyes to flicker quickly through the visible spectrum of colors, indicating to her that he was also a practitioner of the arts.

He turned to the younger woman. “Well, if she’s Agana, then I can only imagine I interrupted you being escorted to exactly where I’m looking to end up. Wonderful news; I’ll already have a friend staying under the same roof as me, and I haven’t yet arrived.” He smiled at her invitingly, “I apologize for not properly introducing myself.”

He reached out and took each woman by the hand, bringing first Agana’s, and then the other’s hand to his face and kissing them quickly with a flourish and a bow.

Lady Agana; Miss, I am Corbin Smythe. I am most honored to make your acquaintance.” He nodded to each in turn before releasing their hands.

And, now that the introductions are properly out of the way, I wait upon you, Lady Agana, to lead me to the refuge I intend to call home for the duration of my stay here in Skyspire.” He gestured to her and took a step back, leaving her room to lead him while he proffered his right arm to Amber and his left to Alexa.

Ladies, allow me?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:22 AM
The Luna Diviner

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana, Alexa Silvanus), Brainiac (Corbin)

"Agana's place? I think I can show you where it is." The woman stated, her lips twisted into some kind of smirk. Amber, at first, was curious as to why it had appeared, but was quickly able to decipher its reason for being.

“Of course you can. It's your place, Aunt Agana."

The young girl’s words served as a confirmation, the innocence of her words drew a brighter smile from the mage, adding to her usual grin.

“Well, I guess that would make her very able to help me out then, wouldn’t it, miss?” the man said with a light laugh, his voice drawing Amber’s gaze for the second time. Now that she allowed herself a longer look, she noticed he was about her age, maybe a little older. He had a strong build, although that wasn’t uncommon in her neck of the woods. People, especially males, were either scrawny or muscular with little room in-between. The way his black hair was styled, however, wasn’t in the norm, and neither were those dark eyes. It was hard to tell if they were truly devoid of colour, or if the lack of light simply camouflaged it.

Her own eyes had since traveled to the fiery-haired woman. Again, another look revealed details missed before. She had an amazing figure, which seemed to have captured the young man’s attention.

Back to him… wait what? For a moment, it had appeared his eyes had been blue… but only for a moment. Maybe it was her exhaustion, or perhaps the way the way the light from inside the Inn flickered. She made sure to note this, but not to bring it up. She wasn’t by any means reserved, but that could start an unnecessary ruckus.

“Well, if she’s Agana, then I can only imagine I interrupted you being escorted to exactly where I’m looking to end up. Wonderful news; I’ll already have a friend staying under the same roof as me, and I haven’t yet arrived.” He started, smiling openly. “I apologize for not properly introducing myself.”

What he did next reminded her a lot of the formalities of her former life. Despite having gone for Agana first, Amber felt herself getting slightly flustered.

“Lady Agana; Miss, I am Corbin Smythe. I am most honored to make your acquaintance.”
“And, my name is Amber, pleased to met you!” she said, her off set status well hidden behind the normal cheer her voice usually carries.

“And, now that the introductions are properly out of the way, I wait upon you, Lady Agana, to lead me to the refuge I intend to call home for the duration of my stay here in Skyspire.” The way he talked also reminded her of the caked on formalities of her childhood. He, however, didn’t seem to carry himself in the same authoritative stature, the “I’m better then you, obey me” vibe wasn’t felt. It was a bit odd, to say the least.

“Ladies, allow me?”

Jade, on the other hand, had taken a keen eye to the stranger. There was something about him that felt… familiar…

Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Agana Lilith, Alexa Silvanus (NPCs)
Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin)
When Alexa revealed who Agana was, it seemed to amuse the young man who had joined their little group. "Well, I guess that would make her very able to help me out then, wouldn’t it, miss?" he said, causing Alexa to smile and look a little proud of herself.

Agana looked him over once more. Sure he was attractive, but not really her type. That doesn't mean she couldn't have a little fun flirting with him. But as she was giving him another look over, she did notice his eyes change color. So he is a mage. For once I wasn't so sure, she thought with a small smirk. She decided to remain silent as he then turned to the young woman she was previously talking to.

"Well, if she’s Agana, then I can only imagine I interrupted you being escorted to exactly where I’m looking to end up. Wonderful news; I’ll already have a friend staying under the same roof as me, and I haven’t yet arrived. I apologize for not properly introducing myself."

Agana noted that he had an inviting smile when talking to her, and smiled a bit herself. Smiled, not smirked. She then saw the young man's movement, and knowing what he was going to do she allowed it. He took her right hand and gently kissed it. Something I haven't seen in a while, the mage thought. She then smiled again when she saw Alexa's scrunched up face. One day she'll understand, was her second thought. He then repeated the action with their fellow mage.

"Lady Agana; Miss, I am Corbin Smythe. I am most honored to make your acquaintance," he then introduced himself.

"And, my name is Amber, pleased to met you!" the young woman then added with a cheerful voice.

"And my name's Alexa!" the youngest of the group then said, smiling and excited.

"And, now that the introductions are properly out of the way, I wait upon you, Lady Agana, to lead me to the refuge I intend to call home for the duration of my stay here in Skyspire." With that he had offered his right arm to Amber and his left hand to Alexa. "Ladies, allow me?"

The young six-year-old looked a little hesitant. After looking up at the redhead for permission and getting a small nod she took Corbin's hand. Agana would keep a close eye on them, just to make sure Alexa was feeling alright with it. But it seemed like the girl didn't mind, having a friendly personality and liking to meet new people, which was something she clearly got from her mother.

"Seems like we're all set then," Agana then spoke. "So if you will please follow me, ladies and gentleman, I shall take you all to my best establishment. And first night is on the house." She smiled at her company before turning on her heel and continuing down the street, taking a slow pace so that Alexa didn't feel like she had to rush to keep up with the adults. It wouldn't take too long to reach the building, so a slow walk would be a little relaxing and wouldn't add too much time in travel.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Brainiac Offline

Corbin
Streets of Skyspire & Agana's Inn
RPers involved:

"Seems like we're all set then," Agana said. "So if you will please follow me, ladies and gentleman, I shall take you all to my best establishment. And first night is on the house."

She set off at a leisurely pace, one that Alexa could easily maintain with her shorter legs, and Corbin lapsed into silence as they walked. It was only a few minutes until they walked in to a building. Alexa immediately let go of Corbin’s arm and disappeared into the building. Agana continued to lead them until stopping at a room and gestured to the door for him to go inside.

Expect me down in the tavern three hours from now.” He nodded to her thankfully then bowed to Amber and left her to be shown to her own rooms before he went inside.

He shut the door and glanced quickly around the comfortable looking space. Then, he drew in a deep breath and started using a tiny bit of his reserves of attention. He would need it to be able to focus well enough to determine the nature of the charms and wards he suspected would be part of the room. He just wasn’t powerful enough to do the more difficult kinds of natural magic without help from his Feruchemy stores.

After looking around for a few seconds he decided that he would both be safe to do some heavy storage, and that the spells he usually used to keep him stable while he did wouldn’t harm any of the protective spells that were in place. He stopped using his extra attention.

<Two and a half hours?>

<Very well, I’ll let you know if anything comes up.>

Feng had made the time he spent this way incalculably more effective. Before he had become a guardian Corbin had been forced use a lot of his normal magic reserves as safeguards and wards that would enable him to wake up on his own. Now the mental connection with Feng-Huang allowed him to spend all of his energy on Arcane magic so that he could save up extra healthiness. It was by far the most difficult attribute to store up because it took so much of it to be useful. It could take weeks, or even months of storage to heal serious injuries. It was however incredibly useful because it was not often he had company around with the ability to heal him when a crisis came, and on more than one occasion his months of careful storage had saved his life.

He lay on the bed, and slowly eased himself into the process, starting with the easiest to do without, his speed. He couldn’t store strength right now because he would need his body’s natural strength to survive the other losses, but speed was useless because he would be doing no moving for the next two and a half hours; he was essentially putting himself in a coma. He dropped all the way down to 10%. He couldn’t safely go father or he could have difficulty breathing.

Next he did healthiness. He started burning his mana first, to give him an edge, a huge boost in speed, strength, and ability to withstand injury. He dropped in health to 50% below normal; essentially storing about 200%, which was awesome. He didn’t know how he’d ever managed before he learned Arcane Magic. He couldn’t safely go beyond 50% natural health.

He stored Speed, Healing, Intellect, Wakefulness, Soberness, Vision, and Hearing; all at about 10%, except for Healing, which he had to keep at 50%. Wakefulness last. It was the most effort because by this time concentrating on anything to a huge effort of will. It had taken him longest to learn to store wakefulness because once you passed a certain threshold your body would sleep, and sleep isn’t very conducive to Feruchemy. The only way around that was to learn to keep storing, even when you lost consciousness. Corbin had once been forced to store only tiny amounts of wakefulness at a time because he couldn’t afford the risk losing consciousness but still storing could pose. If you stored too much of it, and didn’t stop when you went to sleep, you might never be able to wake up again.

Initially he had learned to tackle the problem by having a spirit healer infuse him with a boost of healing and alertness after a set amount of time, but eventually he’d learned to do something similar with his own arcane magic to wake him up enough to stop channeling and return to normal. Feng could briefly do the same to him, and it was much more efficient than using his own energy or relying on circumstances to keep someone from getting detained or distracted. He shoved as much wakefulness as he could away into his storage bracelet before he lost all consciousness.

He laid on the bed, looking nearly on the brink of death, making no noise, no movement. It was difficult tell if he was even breathing. His eyes were sunken and hollow, dark lines suddenly beneath them. His skin, his hair, everything about him looked unhealthy and frail, though he hadn't stored away any strength to detract from his imposing figure; without his vitality he looked diminished, breakable.

<You need to wake up, Corbin.>

A slight surge of light in his mind and suddenly the world had meaning again. He quickly left off storing his wakefulness first, then his intellect. He was disoriented. He always was after a deep storage session like this one; he never knew how long it had been; time passed without his awareness of it. He quickly stopped all his other storing projects and sat up, blinking and taking in the room around him.

<Has it been two-and-a-half hours already?>

Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Aldur An'rayi, Ailith
North of Easthaven
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine)

"The enemy of your enemy may indeed be your friend,
but only a fool would blindly trust such a person.
The wise man knows that trust grows from friendship and mutual respect."

There were no words able to describe Aldur's relief when he noticed Menora relax at the mention of his Guardian. She had heard of the order then, he concluded.

"Menora, Guardian of Omen," She replied and put a hand on the black canine's neck. "He has been by my side for as long as I can remember. I completely trust him."

"Omen, eh? You didn't by any chance arrange this, did you?" Aldur thought as he relaxed considerably.
"Coincidence, fate, luck, who can really tell the difference?" Aniu mused, answering the question with another question.
"You, most certainly, but I guess you're not gonna tell me either way..." Aldur replied as he walked closer to Menora, briefly looking at the dire and slightly bowing his head, I mean no harm to you or your companion he tried to signal, as he reached out his right hand, offering truce. "Then today there will be no fighting."
I didn't know you spoke such a civilized language. We'll make a wolf out of you yet. Don't you worry." Aniu said, and he wasn't quite certain if she was mocking him or being serious. Aldur just realized that she was just as bad as he was himself, and the thought almost made him chuckle, though only a faint smile made it to his face.

"Now, now, no need to hide, darling," The scythe-wielder said as she looked at Ailith. "It's rare to come across druids nowadays in the open like this, but I can assure you that we won't turn you in."
"Must you always be so straight forward?" The third companion said, obviously annoyed by the comment. The only reply she received was a smirk, one that told Aldur it wasn't the first time the subject had come up.

Ailith sat down, started to blur, and then the shape changed into a formless substance that seemed to be something between a liquid and a gas, before resuming her human form. When the blur disappeared, in place of the wolf was a crouching woman, dressed in a white robe, and hair as white as the wolf's fur. She waited for a moment, trying to shake the wolf out of her head, then she rose to her feet, her blue eyes gazing upon the scythe-wielder.
"They are not as uncommon as one might think, if you know what to look for. Most have long since forgotten their humanity however, and will live out the remainder of their days in whatever form they had become too attached to. My name is Ailith." She then turned to Menora, "It is quite a companion you have there, I have met direwolves before, but none his size, and none that earned my respect quite so easily. You can count yourself lucky to have him by your side."

--------------------

Darios
Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, CM(NPCs: Agana, Alexa Silvanus), Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood), Brainiac(Corbin Smythe)

"Knowledge is power, yet knowledge is willingly shared, while power is rarely so."

Darios was on his way to Agana's Inn when he saw her with another red haired woman, a fairly good-looking man, and a little girl that he thought he recognized, though he wasn't sure. He had witnessed so many children grow up during his life that he had lost track of them. The irony in it did not pass him by. But it had been his idea, and in the end his magic that had powered the ritual, and it was far too late to change that now, almost a century later.

Realizing that Agana would most likely be occupied for a while, he decided to wait until later. He had come to the Inn in the hopes that she had arrived in time for the games, and his guess had proven correct. If anyone knew what was going on with the mages around the kingdom, she should be the one, or at least know who to talk to.

Since he had nothing else to do, he decided to sit down at one of the tables at her Inn and order a drink. He was a patient man, and though the topic he wished to discuss was always on his mind, he could wait another few hours if need be.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 AM
The Luna Diviner

Amber Greenwood
The streets of Skyspire
Affected RPers: CM (Agana, Alexa Silvanus (possibly)), Brainiac (Corbin), Kamikaze (Darios)

Amber thanked Agana, her voice tired but still cheerful none the less. She slowly closed the door behind her, making sure not to let it slam. Not only would it be needlessly rude (tonight was free, after all) but the loud noise would more likely than not provide a headache. That was best avoided.

The room was quite nice, actually. Her eyes found themselves locked onto the bed, however, as if that piece of furniture was calling out. It had been a horribly long time since the redhead last had slept in an actual bed instead of the ground or tree.

Lapis took to the air, flying a lap around the enclosed space before coming to rest on the coat hanger. Jade, on the other hand, simply stared at Amber, who had taken a seat, a small earthquake of wrinkles appearing in the sheets. She let out a small yawn, stretching out some. It was nice to finally get off her feet!

“Can’t even remember the last time we stayed in a room,” Amber started, talking more likely than not to her lynx, although her attention was now focused on the window. From her angle, it was hard to see outside, but it was easy to notice the curtains matched the blankets. It was quite nice, actually. She couldn’t say it was better than the forest; however, maybe a bed in the woods would be best.

Her bizarre daydream was interrupted by a small meow, curtsy of Jade. It wasn’t common for her to speak up, so Amber was a bit surprised to hear her.

“You don’t like here?” she asked, although knew the animal couldn’t understand words that much. It was tone of voice that made the difference. Being a druid specialist, however, probably helped communications a little.

The feline eyed the girl’s hands, and then the door a few times before her gaze came to rest on the exit. Amber could tell the animal was trying to tell her something, but what was it? Usually a long look at her hands meant magic or fire, since snapping was how flame was controlled. But why link that to the door?

After a few moments, the mage decided maybe it was best to wait until morning to figure it out. Her mind was foggy and trying to decipher the message was getting grating. No point in continuing on that way.

In fact, going to sleep was probably the best of her options, although Corbin’s words stopped her. Three hours, he’d said. She didn’t know if that applied to her too, but decided it was better to go then not, especially if her presence had been intended.

Getting to meet new people wasn’t something Amber did too often anymore, and it was nice being with others without the cartload of rules and guidelines that came with nobility. The redhead shook her head, why was she thinking so much of the past all of a sudden?

Either way, it probably hadn’t been three hours, although staying here any longer would only tempt slumber. Plucking herself off the bed with a yawn, the young woman then started for the door. Lapis had fallen asleep on the hanger, but Jade eyed her curiously.

Amber expected the lynx to tail her, but was left shocked when she simply lay on the carpet, showing no interest in coming along. Weird, but it was good for the animal to get some rest after their long trek.

Leaving her room, the young woman locked it behind her, heading for the tavern. The mage had no intentions of drinking; a not-so-pleasant experience had taught her she wasn’t very good at holding her alcohol. No point in suffering like that again.

Amber noticed the place wasn’t terribly busy, but not empty either. She didn’t know if sitting right away was so smart, seeing as how staying dry was her intention.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Darios
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
RPers involved: Kamikaze, Eternal Moonlight(Amber Greenwood)

"The first impression can never be made anew.
Likewise, words, once spoken, can never be unspoken,
deeds, once done, can never be undone.

Tread therefore with the utmost caution,
for in life you will get no second chance,
only the one that has already been given to you."

Darios hadn't been waiting long when he noticed the woman that had accompanied Agana enter the room. He was sitting at a table close to where she had come from, the rooms that this establishment offered he noted, and as she was looking around the room, he couldn't help but notice what seemed to be slight confusion in her face, or perhaps just indecisiveness. Judging by her clothes, and overall appearance, he figured that she was probably not too accustomed to being in the city. Lucky she found this place then. Agana is one of the few kind people in her business, at least here in Skyspire. He thought to himself.
There was something else too, he was fairly confident that she was a fellow mage, he had learned to distinguish that over the years, but there was something more to it, a familiarity that he couldn't quite place, though he knew he had never met her before.

He wasn't entirely sure why, but somehow he felt he should try to get to know this person, it could be that she was a practitioner of magic herself, though there were plenty of those around. More likely, he concluded, it was the familiarity that he couldn't quite place that intrigued him. He always was one for unraveling mysteries.
"Hi there, you look like you could use some company," He began, though realized how strange that might sound he added, "I'm a friend of Agana, the name is Darios."
In retrospect, it might not have been the best way to introduce oneself, but saying anything more now would only make it worse, he only hoped she wouldn't freak out.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 06-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine
North of Easthaven
ARPers: Kamikaze (Aldur, Ailith)
Menora quietly waited, just knowing that Aldur was communicating with his Beast. Nero then moved his head to rest it against the hunter's side, knowing that the tension was lifted and he could seek more contact with his human. However all attention was brought back to the white wolf as she shifted forms. The hunter wasn't surprised that Celestine had picked up on the druid since the blood mage's own wife was also a druid, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise that she was sensitive to the magics used by druids.

"They are not as uncommon as one might think, if you know what to look for. Most have long since forgotten their humanity however, and will live out the remainder of their days in whatever form they had become too attached to. My name is Ailith," the mage spoke before she shifted her gaze to Menora and Nero. "It is quite a companion you have there, I have met direwolves before, but none his size, and none that earned my respect quite so easily. You can count yourself lucky to have him by your side."

Menora couldn't help but smile. "I do. He is not merely a pet. He's my friend, companion, partner, and most importantly family."

Mellony also smiled. "Probably because you two grew up together after Father gave Nero to you," she said to her sister.

"Now then, I believe it's time Sweetness and I introduce ourselves," Celestine spoke with a smile that was bordering on a smirk. "I'm Celestine, dearies. Pleased to meet you."

"My name's Mellony," the blond mage then added. "I'm Menora's sister."

"Are you two heading in any certain direction?" the hunter then asked. "We're heading to Skyspire to meet up with someone, and on my and Nero's part, to take part in the Games. If you're heading that way, we can travel together."
Agana Lilith
Agana's Inn, Skyspire
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Brainiac (Corbin); Kamikaze (Darios)
Agana led Amber and Corbin to their rooms on the second floor. She gave them rooms she felt they'd be comfortable in, not caring on the normal price they'd be. They were getting special treatment, she knew, but she did so for most mages. Plus she was the owner, so she could do whatever she wanted. Once out of the eye of the others, Alexa had yawned. The little girl was tired from their long journey from Midland Fortress. The pair was there recently to check on the tavern she had just started there. Agana picked the six-year-old up and took her to her private room on the that floor. She always had one room that was to never be rented out for when she'd stay in any of her buildings. Once the girl was put down she went back down to the tavern to work at the bar.

She knew that Corbin said he'd be down in a few hours, so what better way to spend the time than working? Agana loved her job and interacting with all the different people. She wasn't sure how long she was working, but she looked up to see a familiar face walk in. When the waitress that took his drink over came over to give it to Agana, she told the young woman that she'd take the drink over to him so she could take a little break. Once she poured it, she noticed that he was moving to greet Amber, who had just come down. She was certain that the younger druid would have gone to sleep, but perhaps she was also curious at to what Corbin might have to say. She lightly shook her head before leaving behind the bar with a tankard in hand, the drink she was to give to the gentlemen.

"Hi there, you look like you could use some company," she heard him say once she was close enough. "I'm a friend of Agana, the name is Darios."

Now she laughed at this. "Darios, you do realize how that sounds, don't you?" she teased, handing him his drink when she was standing next to him. "I have many friends, dear. And you know how my close companions would take what you said and take it out of context." With the teasing out of the way, Agana turned to the other druid. "Is there anything I can get for you, deary?"
Kai (NPC)
Underground, Southbay
ARPers: Winter (Anya)
Lost in the Underground base in Southbay was an elf. Because of her race she was shorter than most humans, but taller than the dwarves. She didn't quit stick out of the crowd like one would think, even with some of the bright colors she wore. She had black hair that was tied back in a low bun, her striking emerald eyes shining against the black ink that was tattooed on her face. She wore simple clothing, the colors being mainly browns, crimsons, and oranges. However she was kinda curled into herself as she looked around, trying to find her way. She almost resembled a lost kitten.

"Why did Kai have to get lost again?" she muttered to herself. "Even with Bellona giving her directions, Kai still gets lost."

Her constant companion, a dwarven warrior, had recently gotten injured and was advised to take it easy. But they still had a job to do, so the dwarf told Kai to go to the main conference area and see if anyone was also hired for the job, or would be in the area. They were to release the mages being held for transport to Midland. They weren't told to get any specific one out, so they'd just release them all. However before they could do so Bellona got into a bar brawl, so now she couldn't take part in the job.

Kai turned a corner, but ended up walking into a door. She was confused, but decided to go ahead and go in. She opened the door and came across a meeting. She blushed and suddenly became nervous.

"Kai's sorry!" she said quickly. "Kai was just looking for help to save the mages. Kai didn't mean to interrupt anything."

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Brainiac Offline

OOC: EDITED: So, yeah, Corbin added in as well.

Suhail
Lakeshire
RPers involved:
None (yet)

“Suhail, come.”

The voice of master Thaylen floated across the house. Suhail immediately left the remaining pile of unwashed clothing behind and hurried through the modest home. As always, he refused the well of power inside begging him to take hold and move with inhuman speed to complete the task. Master Thaylen didn’t know he was a mage. He had been here in Lakeshire with Master Thaylen for three weeks now. He had already started seeing the signs that it wouldn’t be much longer.

He stopped by the front entrance, silent, and bowed quickly to Master Thaylen. It was only then that he noticed how distraught he looked. His eyes and face were red and he was breathing in ragged gasps. Immediately Suhail’s blood began racing. There was trouble. His hand itched for the blade that he knew would appear in a heartbeat if he asked it to. He fought the impulse back, just as he had every other time. He hadn’t held the Soul Blade in over four years. It would not help him avoid conflict. A tool like that could only spawn death and destruction.

“Suhail,” he gasped, “They’ve taken her, what am I going to do?”

He stayed silent, waiting for an order. He fought back his questions, fought back curiosity, and any desire to volunteer anything. It was the only safe way he knew.

Finally Thaylen seemed to shake himself out of a stupor, and looked solidly at Suhail.

“When you say you’ll obey me, you really mean anything,” he accused.

Suhail only nodded. He knew, somehow, what was coming. Not exactly what, of course, but he was going to be ordered to hurt people. Somehow, he always new.

“It’s Rose,” he said simply. “She’s a mage. We’ve been keeping it secret for about a year now. She doesn’t know how to control her power, and someone found out. They came for her.”

Suhail did not understand this land and their strange aversion to Magic. Why imprison someone for receiving a gift from the gods?

As Thaylen spoke, Suhail wished desperately he could pray to the god of peace that his Master would not ask the rash, desperate, impulsive question he feared was coming. He would not profane her sacred name with his Soulless desires, however. He was no longer worthy; he had no soul. He lived every day hoping only that at the end of his life he would perhaps be granted true extinction rather than be sent to whatever circle of agony would await the monsters who took away the sacred lives of others.

“Suhail, I want you to bring her back to me.”

Suhail’s mind froze, his body froze. He stopped breathing. It had come again, the terrible crossroads.

Yes Master,” he replied, then hurried out of the house before his Master could choose to be more specific. He almost wished for him to be, for the decisions to be taken out of Suhail’s hands, but he knew it was better this way.

There was only one simple question left Suhail needed to answer: Sneak the girl out without killing and reveal his ability to use magic, or slaughter whatever force stood in his way and keep his magic a secret. It was a terrible choice. Take lives now in the hope that a greater number may be protected by his master’s lack of knowledge, or save lives now and possibly endanger hundreds.

He hated himself, but he knew without even asking which path he would decide. He could not use his power. It was too dangerous. He dared not even summon his Soul Blade for the fighting he knew would come; the deaths would be too remarkable, too unexplainable.

His first task, then, was to get his hands on a weapon. It would make the battle more difficult, but of course it was nearly impossible for any battle to be won as easily as it could be with a Soul Blade. As he strode down the street towards the complex of buildings he knew housed Lakeshire’s small garrison, he grabbed a chair from someone’s doorway. It was an imperfect weapon, but it would give him an element of confusion until he began the fighting in earnest. He could get a proper club once he’d incapacitated a few soldiers.

He silently longed for a less prepared group of soldiers to have to face. These men were kept well paid and well equipped, which meant there were few poor enough to have clubs instead of swords. He hoped there was one with a club around when he found the girl. He did not want to use a sword; less of the men would live if he did.

As he wandered through the streets, he came to the building where it was commonly known those taken for wielding magic were kept. A quick sweep over the outside guards revealed no clubs. Perhaps he could get inside without a fight? He approached the trio of men standing in front of the door, holding the chair in a position that appeared non-threatening and awkward. He didn’t want them to think of it as a weapon.

Please sirs,” he started as they looked at him, only slightly suspicious. Thankfully he had been with Master Thaylen long enough that people knew who he belonged with, though as usual none knew exactly why.

“What?” One asked gruffly.

I’ve brought a chair for Mistress Rose. Master Thaylen wishes to offer her what little comfort he can before she is taken away.”

He looked at Suhail suspiciously, and then turned to the other two men. One shrugged uncaringly. The other stared at the ground, uncomfortable.

“Sorry, no can d-“

The chair smashed directly in his temple, knocking him instantly unconscious as the front-left leg was knocked loose. The other guards jumped in surprise but were both down before either could draw a weapon. Suhail pushed open the door, carrying with him only the backrest of the chair attached to the back pair of legs; the seat itself left outside with the front pair.

As he entered, he quickly shut the door behind him. It would not be long until those men outside were discovered and he would have to fight many more of them. He gritted his teeth against the guilt that sprang up within him, forcing it away. None of those men had been seriously damaged. The guilt came stronger. He knew they had been the lucky ones.

As a pair of men came down the short hallway to see why he was there, he shouted in frustration and flung his chair at them. It flew with exact precision, the two legs hitting the two men each squarely in the face, dropping them.

The monster had arrived.

Corbin
Skyspire - Agana's Inn
RPers involved
: CM (Agana); Eternal Moonlight (Amber); Kamikaze (Darios)

Corbin walked out of the room, still trying to grasp the depth of what Feng wanted him to do. It had only been an hour.

<You just may be going crazy, Feng.>

<And you already are.>

Corbin smiled, the humor cutting through his slightly solemn mood and allowing him to detach himself from the task emotionally. He did not want to do it, the thing Feng was asking him to do.

He would do it. He did not want to, but he could see how it might be necessary. Even thinking it seemed crazy. He wondered how he would feel when he finally said it out loud.

Corbin walked down the hall toward the tavern. He heard the voices and the laughter. It was late, but there were always people where there were drinks, no matter the time of day.

When he walked into the room it was easy to spot Agana, and Amber was with her a well, which was a bit of a surprise. They were accompanied by a man, looked to be in his late 20’s. He was big, enough to be threatening no matter how peaceful his disposition might be. Bald and serious, he seemed harmless enough.

Corbin walked over, his usual smile on his face.

Mind if I sit down?” he asked before taking a seat and looking them all in the eyes, searching for something, something that spoke of strength, hope and determination.

Finally, he sighed and leaned back in his chair.

“I have a bit of a confession to make. I’m a Mage, and that is probably the least remarkable thing about my life at the moment. On top of that, I am something of a novelty for being chosen by one of the Sacred Beasts to help guide the world through the terrible conflicts it now faces.

“Agana, I know you are a Mage, and I have my suspicions about the two of you as well. I have been tasked by Feng-Huang with motivating the Mages to prepare for the struggles Drakon will bring. I am to see that we become a free nation before the closing of the games.”

<You know, it sounds even crazier when I say it out loud.>

<Keep talking.>

“We have a perfect opportunity now, with the games taking place, to make this happen without dramatic loss of life, if we do things right. We were given these abilities for a purpose, and that purpose most certainly wasn’t to hide from the Monarchy while humanity is subjugated to the whims of a single jealous God. We need to stand up, to unite while we still have a chance. If we don’t, this world will lose its chance.

This is dangerous, difficult material to consider. I would not think less of any of you if you decided the risks were too great. But I know that, together, we can do this.

So, who’s in?”

Corbin waited, not showing his anxiety as he did so. It would only make him look even more crazy after having made this random speech to almost perfect strangers.

Last edited by Brainiac; 06-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.