Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Quick question ...

I'd like to know why I got demoted from being a staff member. :/ I was given no reason whatsoever for its removal.

I also left a message not too long ago about the status of my activity on here and repeated it again somewhere else. It's quite unfair that I'm being demoted without a reason (possibly inactivity even though I left a message somewhere, or inactivity in my part of the PE2K times when I've yet to see an issue since ... November or December?) when I've seen other staff inactive as heck and they kept their titles.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Old 05-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak
Default Re: Quick question ...

The forums recently had an appointment of many new staff members, as you can see here. Now, I'm certainly not in on most of the inner machinations of the forum. However, if I were to speculate, I'd guess that your inactivity would in fact be the reason for your demotion. Sure, you gave a perfectly justified reason for it, but you were inactive nonetheless and as a member of staff that is no good.
As for why you might feel as though you may have seen singled out, it's possible that another member or staff or some other active member offered their suggestions to the higher-ups as to which staff members they perceive to be noncontributive to the forums and should therefore be demoted. I've spied certain members giving tips to other certain members...sneaky sneaks....

But this is all an educated guess, so I'm not speaking on anybody's behalf! Another educated guess I have is that when your aforementioned situation gets sorted out and you are able to be active again, you should have no problem re-applying for your staff position!

As for other staff you feel aren't up to par, you should probably bring that up with Sarah!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post
The forums recently had an appointment of many new staff members, as you can see here. Now, I'm certainly not in on most of the inner machinations of the forum. However, if I were to speculate, I'd guess that your inactivity would in fact be the reason for your demotion. Sure, you gave a perfectly justified reason for it, but you were inactive nonetheless and as a member of staff that is no good.
As for why you might feel as though you may have seen singled out, it's possible that another member or staff or some other active member offered their suggestions to the higher-ups as to which staff members they perceive to be noncontributive to the forums and should therefore be demoted. I've spied certain members giving tips to other certain members...sneaky sneaks....

But this is all an educated guess, so I'm not speaking on anybody's behalf! Another educated guess I have is that when your aforementioned situation gets sorted out and you are able to be active again, you should have no problem re-applying for your staff position!

As for other staff you feel aren't up to par, you should probably bring that up with Sarah!
She means to ask why she was demoted from being Website Staff. Harry is in charge of the Website Staff members, not Sarah. Sarah's in charge of the forum staff. :P

I've sent her a PM detailing why she was removed and what she can do to get her position back.

And as I've said in the PM, please refrain from asking staff-related questions in the Front Desk.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 05-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Steak Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
Harry is in charge of the Website Staff members, not Sarah. Sarah's in charge of the forum staff. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post
Now, I'm certainly not in on most of the inner machinations of the forum.
Now I don't claim to know what's going on at all around here, lol. Listen to this one!

Last edited by Steak; 05-20-2012 at 01:15 AM.