Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Miasma Offline

Default "Battle for the Beheer Gem" Planning Thread (Official Sign-Ups Have Begun)

There's nothing here yet of course, but once you two super secret members of justice reply, we can get the discussion underway. Mind you I have no idea what we will be RPing about, aside from it being in the Mystery Dungeon universe. Perhaps we will all meet in some uncanny way, and go on a rescue mission or something along those lines, I'm not entirely sure.

To anyone else who might have wandered in here, just wait until we've gotten our bearings, and decided how our little trio wants to go about this, if you would~

I'm not sure if I want to keep this between just the three of us, or have a few others join in. I've honestly had more success with the former option, but feel free to voice your own opinion on the matter, and anything else you'd like to add!

Last edited by Miasma; 05-04-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Miasma Offline

Default Re: Unnamed PMD RP Planning Thread

Well okay then. Since the players I was planning on doing this RP with have decided not to follow through, I've decided to open it up for other people to join in!

The Sensei, and I have been talking about what we would like to do, and we've come up with this general idea: The concept will be close to that of Mystery Dungeon Sky, in that two players shall be Pokemon sent back from the future, and the other two players will be Pokemon from the past who will aid their respective partners. That said, two players will represent evil characters, and the other two will be good characters. There will be one good, and one evil character from both the future, and the past. The rest of the players will be either good or bad supporting characters that help out the main four Pokemon.

I've chosen to take the role of one of the bad Pokemon, though it doesn't matter to me whether I'm from the past or the future. I believe The Sensei will be choosing the opposite team, so were in need of one more good character, as well as one more bad character. I'm assuming that it doesn't matter what time you come from either, Sensei, but if it does just let me know here. Otherwise we can let the other new players decide what time they want to come from, and we will just play the other roles.

We've recently talked about what the incentive would be for both sides to reach a conflict, and decided that there should be some sort of magical gem that would grant the user control over other Pokemon, which would most likely be the goal of the evil characters. Obviously it would be up to the good Pokemon to stop them, but there would be plenty of other things happening in between the beginning, and that final conflict.

If you have any questions, or have something you'd like to add, please feel free to comment!

Last edited by Miasma; 04-30-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Unnamed PMD RP Planning Thread (Now Accepting Players)

(Just as a heads up, edit your post instead of double-posting, as double-posting is against the rules.)

Hi! 8D I think this sounds interesting, and I'd like to sign up to be the character with their partner from the past that is a villain. c: I have no idea what I'm signing up for, haha, but I hope you have some kind of plot and stuff. xD But yeah...hopefully this'll be interesting.

Maybe to allow more to play, you could create more spots somehow? Like supporting roles for the main four RPers or something? O: I dunno...four seems a bit limiting is all. Especially if others want to join. D:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
SkittishHeart Offline

Oooh, I'd like to take the good character from the future, if I may.

First banner with GIMP. Hooray for finally being able to make something. Nyar~ :3
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
The Sensei Offline

Ok I had wanted to be the good Pokemon from the future :) but it is okay and I agree we need to open it up so more than four people can rp.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sensei View Post
Ok I had wanted to be the good Pokemon from the future :) but it is okay and I agree we need to open it up so more than four people can rp.
I would say first in best dressed, but you were the first in with Miasma... XD

And I agree. O: It will make it much better and more entertaining!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Miasma Offline

(Normally I'd make a joke about Seto Kaiba, but I won't go there this time.)

Well, I guess if that's what everyone wants to do, then we can have more than four. I just cringe when I participate in an RP with a lot of people, because I've found it hard to coordinate in the past, but we'll see I guess.

Right now it looks as if Suicine, and myself will be the main villains, with Sensei, and FireSong being the main protagonists. I suppose anyone else who would like to join can be supporting characters, like Suicine suggested.

Personally I think it would make more sense to have all the supporting characters be from the past, whether they be good or bad, but I guess it doesn't matter all that much. Anyone else who wants to join can pick what they would like, but it would be kind of nice if we were somewhat balanced between the good, and bad.

As for the depth of the story, I hadn't originally planned for this to be an epic of any kind, but more of a nonchalant meeting between my friends characters that could lead into an adventure. Sensei seems to have a lot of good ideas though, and apparently he's writing up a storyline for us.

I think were very open to suggestion, so if there are any story elements you would like to see included at some point, feel free to toss them out there~
Old 04-30-2012, 09:32 PM
The Sensei Offline

Storyline should be up later this week.

Last edited by The Sensei; 04-30-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

I would like to join. I don't care if I have to be a supporting character.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
lawmaster Offline

I also would like to join, I can take the side of good or bad, which ever one Pokemon of Destruction doesn't take.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 PM
The Sensei Offline

Miasma and I are almost done with the main storyline so stay tuned for that.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Miasma Offline

((Okay everyone, we seem to have the basic storyline worked up, but I warn you, it's quite the lengthy read.))

In the world of Pokémon, strife continues to rage across the country. This is why the Pokémon Rescue Team Enterprise was formed. These Pokémon were elite of all the others, and they helped other Pokémon by saving them whenever they were in need. They went across mountains, forests, and oceans to save the Pokémon. Not only did they save the Pokémon but they also explored unknown areas, and found great treasures in them. Things were always in balance with the Pokémon Rescue Team, until the rebellion was created by Alakazam. He was a former member of a Pokémon Rescue Team who failed at an important mission, and was rejected from the Enterprise.

Alakazam betrayed the PRTE because of the harsh punishment his team received when they failed to complete an important task, and because he had different ideals than the leaders of the PRTE, and decided that he could do a better job at patrolling the world than they could. For these reasons, he set out to form an even more powerful organization at any cost, even recruiting bad Pokémon.

Eventually his hatred, and greed overpowered his original good intentions, and he focused only on getting revenge rather than making things better for the world. It was at that point that he began to experiment with using his psychic power to control other Pokémon, discovering that his power could be heightened by using an object to amplify it, such as a special gem which he discovered, and named the Beheer Gem.

At first he could only control a few Pokémon at a time, but though his vast experiments with the Beheer Gem, Alakazam learned that he could absorb any Pokémon he defeated into the gem, boosting its power, and increasing the number of Pokémon under his mind control. Knowing this, Alakazam seeked out the three legendary Pokémon, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit. With the help of his followers, he defeated them one by one, sealing them in the Beheer Gem, and using their power to control more Pokémon for his cause.

A Pokémon named Lucario noticed what was going on, and told everyone, which eventually erupted into a large war between the supporters of the PRTE, and Alakazam's group. Lucario, with the help of the legendary Mew, fashioned a piece of equipment that negated the mind controlling effects of the Beheer Gem. He gave copies of the device to all of his allies, and the real war against Alakazam and his minions began. The PRTE sustained a lot of casualties early on in the war, due to the fact that Alakazam could control almost anyone he wanted to in battle, and the PRTE was on it's last leg when Lucario managed to develop the device to resist Alakazam's mind control.

Alakazam's defeat at the hands of Lucario in a decisive battle is what shifted the war at the last moment in favor of the PRTE, because the foundation of the rebellion crumbled without it's most prominent leader to guide it. Not only that, but all the Pokémon Alakazam had forced onto his side with the gem were released, reducing the number of the rebellion forces. Lucario went on to rescue the three legendary Pokémon from the Beheer Gem, and managed to break it into four pieces, which he hid around the world after the war had ended in favor of the PRTE.

1,000 years into the future, advanced technology is utilized by the PRTE, including guns, vehicles, and other assorted equipment used in rescuing other Pokemon.

The PRTE is a much smaller organization, because it's leaders wanted to avoid another conflict like the one 1,000 years ago by trying to police the world too much. They only operate on commissions, where people actually ask for their help, rather than them acting like a global police force like they did in the past.

Eventually, the majority of its remaining members decide that it just isn't worth it to try, and hold the PRTE together anymore, and they defect from the organization, leaving only it's high ranking members, and some stragglers. As a result, bad Pokémon have started to do whatever they please because there aren't enough good Pokémon willing to try, and stop them anymore.

It is in this future that an evil Quilava known as Miasma has spent the better part of his life researching a mythical place called the Beheer Crown which was said to contain the four pieces to the Beheer Gem, an item that was used in ancient times by the powerful rebel leader, Alakazam.

He finally discovered the location of the gem's fragments, piecing them back together, and with the help of his followers, he forced the three legendary Pokémon to power it once again. Rin, a Lucario who was ranked highly in the PRTE, and a direct descendant from the Lucario of ancient times learned of Miasma's actions, and tried to stop him. With his followers unable to resist the power of the Beheer Gem, Rin retreated, and seeked out Celebi who would send him to the past along with some of his allies so that they could tell Lucario to destroy the gem instead of hiding it in pieces.

Miasma learns of Rin's plan, and follows him to Celibi who only just sends the PRTE members back in time before she is forced into submission by Miasma's Beheer Gem. Realizing that his power is in danger, Miasma forces Celibi to send he, and several of his followers back in time, to eliminate Rin, and ensure that their future remains under his control.

Our story will begin with Rin hurrying toward Celibi, with Miasma close behind, just before they, and their followers are all sent back in time.

Once this happens, everyone will be scattered about, and must meet up with their allies before continuing on. Everyone must be careful though, because it may be hard to tell if a Pokémon is a friend or a foe at first, so conflicts might arise quickly. Pokémon from the future may want to keep a low profile to avoid being found out by the opposing faction, and getting ambushed.

Your role options:

Future option 1: You are a good Pokémon sent from the future to support Rin, and the PRTE in finding Lucario, and convincing him to destroy the Beheer Gem in the past.

Future option 2: You are an evil Pokémon sent from the future to support Miasma, and the rebellion in chasing, and eliminating Rin, as well as his supporters from existence.

Note: Pokémon from the future may take small weapons with them, as well as minor portable devices, but no more than that. Also, Pokémon from the future do NOT have the devices to resist the Beheer Gem yet, so they must be careful in it's presence.

Past option 1: You are a good Pokémon from ancient times, and are aiding the PRTE in the fight against Alakazam when you learn of Rin's arrival from the future. Your goal is now to see that the Beheer Gem is destroyed at all costs, and to protect Rin from the evil Pokémon sent from the future.

Past option 2: You are an evil Pokémon from ancient times, and are aiding Alakazam's rebellion when you learn of Miasma's arrival from the future. Your goal is now to help Miasma track down, and eliminate Rin, and his followers.

Note: Pokémon from the past have only traditional weapons such as swords, spears, axes, etc. Those supporting the PRTE, and Lucario in the past have devices which protect them from the Beheer Gem's mind control, but the rebellion forces do not.

((For everyone who is interested, I need you to fill out the form below, and post it as a reply in this thread for future reference. Once everyone has posted their character information, then I will make up the real thread, and we can begin! Please note that once the first post is made in the actual RP, the players we have will be locked in, so if your sitting on the fence about joining, now would be the time to make your decision.))

Name:

Species: (You’re Pokémon's species. Legendaries, and non-canon Pokémon are not allowed)

Side: (Bad or Good)

Time Period: (Future or Past)

Age: (Be reasonable, no Pokémon 100 years old would still be fighting)

Appearance: (Anything Significant about your character, if not do not worry about it we would just visualize you as a regular Pokémon)

Personality: (1 paragraph please)

History: (Explain how you sided with Miasma or joined the PRTE and how you were selected to go to the past or explain how you are living your life in the past)

Weapons: (Future Pokémon: no ultimate dooms-day weapons, be fair to everyone else, also past Pokémon: nothing overpowered)

Other: (Anything that is not covered above)

((I'll go ahead and post my character information below to get things started.))

Name: Miasma

Species: Quilava

Side: Bad

Time Period: Future

Appearance: Miasma's top coat of fur is darker than that of a normal Quilava, and is tinted with a slightly purple hue rather than blue. His undercoat is a bland, and dark tan color, giving him an overall murky appearance compared to most other Pokémon of his variety. Because of his diet, Miasma cannot ignite the flames upon his head, or his backside like a regular Quilava can when excited, or angry.

Personality: Miasma likes to play the tough guy, and will rub his enemies weaknesses in their faces whenever he gets the chance. He tends to hide behind his allies when things get rough, because he isn't actually very strong, and prefers to outsmart his opposition rather than outfight them physically. Deep down, Miasma is rather insecure about himself, never having lived up to his father's expectations, and so his ego can be broken with some effort. He has a soft spot for girls, and tends to leave his guard down around them because he enjoys flirting with them.

History: The son of a powerful Typhlosion, Miasma rode on the coattails of his father for many years, garnering him a reputation that may not exactly be true. After the death of his father, he used his influence to gain information about a mythical object from ancient times, that would allow him to take control of vast amounts of Pokémon. Piecing together the remnants of an old map that were scattered throughout several dungeons in the world with the help of his small band of Pokémon, Miasma eventually discovered the location of the Beheer Gems fragments. This gem had been broken into pieces after a great war 1000 years ago, but it seemed as if someone had gathered them back together over the course of history, and left them in a hidden dungeon deep underground. Using the information he gathered, Miasma restored the gem to its original form, and set off to capture the three legendary Pokémon from the myth, just as Alakazam had done 1000 years prior, setting off a chain of events that would lead to his pursuit of the fleeing PRTE members into the past.

Weapons: Miasma carries a simple seven shot pistol holstered on a leather belt at his waist, with extra clips attached around the length of the belt.

Other: A medium sized leather pouch is attached to his chest with two leather straps that cross over his back in an x-like fashion. Securely inside the pouch are some basic medical supplies, and the Beheer Gem from the future, that has been patched back together, and contains the imprisoned legendary trio.

((I would like to note that there will be a minimum posting rule for this RP, in order to keep it from dying out. Players must post within four days when it is their turn, otherwise either myself, or Sensei will simply move your character on along with us in one of our posts. Once you've returned, you will just have to continue on from wherever we are then. On a final note, the actual RP topic will be called "Battle for the Beheer Gem", on the main Role Play board.))
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 AM
The Sensei Offline

Default Re: Unnamed PMD RP Planning Thread (Official Sign-Ups Have Begun)

Accepted

Reserved
The Sensei
Firesong
lawmaster
Pokemon of Destruction
Graceful_Suicune

Denied

Banned
Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 AM
Obliveon Offline

Default Re: "Battle for the Beheer Gem" Planning Thread (Official Sign-Ups Have Begun)

Name: Archaia [Ark-a-uh]

Species: Ninetails

Side: Good

Time Period: Future

Appearance: She looks like a regular Ninetails, mostly. She has a wierd size defect that caused her to be about the size of a normal Vulpix. Also, she has shiny gold rings around her ankles and small gold hoop earings in her ears.

Personality: She is quiet and shy, usually trying to avoid talking to people or fighting. Therefore, she tends to let other pokemon do the fighting while she goes unnoticed. Though tiny and a little timid, she is actually decently strong. She isn't very good at puzzles, and tends to follow her intuition on most things. Because of her shyness, she doesn't have very good people skills and will often end up hiding or standing there stiff as a statue when people she doesn't know approach her.

History: She was selected to join the PRTE after he mother, who was a highly respected and wise pokemon, told her to, thinking it would be a good opportunity to end her shyness. He mother managed to gain her a membership spot, so she joined. She had a very hard time with it, but they let her stay out of pity. She ended up fleeing to the past because she wanted to be brave and save her mother from a life of being a mindless fighting slave under Miasma's rule.

Weapons: She doesn't use them much, but she has a set of metal plates that fit over her front paws. These plates [similar to the gloves on a knight's armour] completely cover her paws and have sharp metal claws protruding from them. They go up her front legs a little way, creating a sort of shin guard. She can channel her firey powers through them.

Other: She has a leather bag hanging around her neck that contains berries.

[P.S. That hundred year old pokemon not being able to fight thing doesn't hold true to Ninetails cuz it lives to be 1000 years old, and let me know if there is anything in the form I need to edit to make it acceptable.]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
The Sensei Offline

Default Re: "Battle for the Beheer Gem" Planning Thread (Official Sign-Ups Have Begun)

Anybody else would like to join and I will be done with my RP soon.