Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative
Default A question about past threads

needed to refer back to an old thread of mine so i went to "view past threads of this user" on my profile and i got this message

"Operative, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Has this been answered before? Am I the only one getting this?

Sorry if it has, but thanks for your time.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 04-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: A question about past threads

Searching was disabled on the forum because it was causing lag issues. Unfortunetly, that also includes looking at past posts/threads. :( I believe Ryan is looking into alternate solutions to stop the lag but until then searching is limited to mods. If there's anything particular you need to find, you can VM me anytime and I can search for you :)
Old 05-13-2012, 11:42 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Please Sarah, this needs to come back. How are people going to search if something was already posted or not? I use searching for my own posts very frequently and this is incredibly detrimental to me. Please?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm afraid I don't have the power to turn it back on, even for a small group of people as you suggested in your other thread. It's something only Ryan can do. It's a trade off between searching and having a useable forum and Ryan worked out that this is the best way to stop the lagging at the moment.

I'll see if I can find out what's happening with the whole situation!

In the mean time, you can try this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Temporary solution: Use google advanced search.

Search for "Plastic Wallet" site:pokemonelite2000.com/forum
This brings up all mentions of Plastic Wallet on PE2K.
Search Results.

Search for "Plastic Wallet's Avatar" site:pokemonelite2000.com/forum
If you just want to find posts that you've made (not people mentioning you) try this search instead. The text "Plastic Wallet's Avatar" is inbuilt into all your forum posts.
Search Results.

Anyone else can use these, just substitute your username. Hope this helps for now!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I'll try that.

I really hope he puts it back on soon. I need my old posts for reusing ideas I like to bring back for RP and don't keep any backed up for offline viewing.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!