Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Dungeons and Dragons: Desert of Deception

-This is a Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Role Play. There will be die rolls and combat. Don't know about Dungeons and Dragons? Ask any questions in the discussion thread. Want to watch for a while and then join in later? I'm sure that could be arranged.-

Rules:
1) When it comes to saving throws and defense, I don't go by the predetermined AC and saving throws that 4e has, I feel like in combat you wouldn't always be at 100%. You would be watching all allies and enemies, maybe a shimmer or light would distract you, etc..
2) The above will change if you keep rolling high numbers and avoiding everything. I'm going to trust you for now.
3) All dice will be rolled with this tool
4) Please, do not "fudge" rolls. I cannot stress this enough. D&D is no fun if someone keeps cheating to dodge attacks, or keep getting critical hits
5) No Bunnying without permission
6) All ties in combat will go to the defender for the duration of this game
7) Posting order will go based on initiative, this is to prevent the story from advancing and someone not knowing what's going on. If you do not post for 96 hours we will advance without you. If it's combat I will perform in your stead, and if it's non-combat we will jump over your action.
8) No Meta-gaming please. If it's something your character wouldn't know, then it shouldn't come up in conversation. Just because it's in the books, doesn't mean it's common knowledge.

Posting Order:
First: Orianna (Ant2011)
Second: Chena (Velocity)
Third: Kharre (5TailedDemonLizard)
Fourth: Wyrd (Latio-Nytro)

Now, onto the game...

Setting: The land of Kharian is an expansive desert, ruled by three different kingdoms. Each with their own specialized merchants and resources. Many adventurers have made a name for themselves by exploring the caves deep underground that hold treasures from ancient civilizations. People who do not live in the cities are either nomads, searching for a better life or Barbaric raiders, killing anybody in their path to obtain wealth and equipment.

Plot:
While exploring the expansive desert you now call home, a wicked sandstorm has forced you to seek refuge in one of the many caves beneath the shifting sands. Maybe you were looking for treasure or resources, or perhaps something to kill. That is of no concern to you, as personal safety has driven you into a cave with 3 other humanoid creatures. At first none of you speak, hoping perhaps the storm will pass and then you can all be on your way, but as sun turns to moon you realize you may need the company for the night.

Spoiler:

Orianna

Orianna pulls her bedroll from her bag and unrolls it as far away from the others as she can, "You stay on your side of the cave, I'll stay on mine. Sound good?"
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons: Desert of Deception

Chena

Chena smirks at the unfriendly Entomorian. She can respect someone who wants to maintain her space; she herself despises close contact with strangers. "All right," she says, unrolling her own bedroll with a flourish. She sits down and watches the others, hiding her curiosity behind a mask of indifference.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Kharre - Dragonborn Paladin

Kharre's golden eyes traveled over her companions in the cave. Keeping silent as she leaned against one of the rough cave walls, the Dragonborn observed them each for only a moment before sitting down on the bedroll she had previously unrolled.

"You stay on your side of the cave, I'll stay on mine. Sound good?" The voice of the Entomorian traveled around the empty cave and was only slightly quieted by the raging storm outside.

"Agreed." Kharre simply stated in response, crossing her arms over her armored chest.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Wyrd: Shardmind Psion

The Entomorian, as soon as it settled into everyone's minds that they'd have to wait out the storm in the cave, immediately asked everyone to sleep as far away from her as possible, in essence, preparing to sleep. He just nodded. The others also agreed.

The Shardmind decided, silently, that he would need to be the watchman. It wasn't because he trusted his abilities THAT well in case he had to fight off anything himself-not at all. It was more so that his body did not not need anything like sleep-after all, rocks don't sleep (or eat or drink or breathe, for that matter). Emphasis on 'needing,' however, was appropriate-he too liked dreaming, and that aside, it WAS beneficial to sleep, even for him. A well-rested mind was much sharper than the typical one, and considering that was what he used to attack and defend, keeping that sharp was a good idea. Nevertheless, he didn't want to suddenly get ambushed by some barbarians (or worse) and get killed from it while he slept unaware, so he took up a watchful position-keeping his distance from the Entomorian-so that he could see any threats coming from inside or outside the cave.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Orianna ~ Entomorian Barbarian

Orianna grabbed a piece of dry wood from the floor beside her, placed it in the center of the large cavern, and lit it with her flint and steel. "I suppose if we have to sleep together it would be best if we knew a bit about each other."

She sat back on her bedroll and laughed, "Well, something more than the high value of each of our corpses on the black market." She pointed to Kharre, "Hey, Dragonborn, you and me? We're worth a hefty sum for our bodies alone. Your scales and my exoskeleton make spectacular armor." She pointed to Chena, "Your feathers, talons, and beak are pretty valuable too. Lot of alchemists use those parts for powerful potions." Wyrd was the last one to be spoken to, "Don't think I forgot about you. Shardminds embody psionic energy, and inexperienced psions with a negative moral code will pay a fortune for fragments of your body to enhance their own skills."

She smiled and took out some of her trail rations, "There, now that we all have a target on our backs of sorts, I assume we'll all be more inclined to talk."
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Chena - Aarakocra Wizard

A snort barely avoids crossing out of Chena's beak; she can't help but admire the Entomorian's boldness, especially when the balance of power seems, in her eyes, to be so evenly matched. "Fine," she replies, her ambivalence tempered by the hint of a friendly smile. "My name is Chena. It's a pleasure to meet you all, although one could wish for better circumstances."

Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 PM

Kharre kept her eyes on the Entomorian, studying her carefully. It was obvious that their motley crew was worth a hefty some of money to a band of wandering bandits, but the fact that she would simply bring it up like that irked the Dragonborn in more ways than one. She composed herself as the Arakocra spoke, allowing herself a slight nod in the bird-folk's direction.

"I agree. Being trapped underground by a storm with three complete strangers isn't exactly how I planned to make friends around these parts. I suppose one can't be too picky." The Dragonborn's voice was slightly rough, a growl sounding in her throat as the words left her. However, it wasn't unfriendly, but simply a trait of her species. She was a six-foot-tall talking lizard after all "My name is Kharre."

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

the Entomorian was, at least, eager to hear of names....And tried to worm the information out and warm up the others by listing reasons why their corpses would be a valuable black market commodity.

Immediately bringing up a reason to mistrust everyone wasn't exactly a social norm-or intelligant...Nevertheless, he let the oddity pass without much incident, speaking last after hearing the names of Chena (the Aarakocra) and Kharre (the Dragonborn).

"My name is Wyrd. That's W-y-r-d, not W-e-i-r-d, for the record." He said. He knew it was hopeless for the more childish of the lot, but it was better than making everyone misspell his name because he didn't clarify from the get-go.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Orianna noticed Kharre watching her, "I'm Orianna by the way. I would ask why we were all out in the desert, but everyone has reasons for the things they do, and sometimes things are better lef-"

The sounds of chirping and a scream from deeper in the cave shot out toward the group, followed by a ground shaking rumble.

Please make a Dungeoneering Check. (Roll a d20 and add your dungeoneering skill bonus)

"What the hell was that!?" She exclaimed as she sprang to her feet, drawing her maul from her belt.

Orianna skill check: Die Roll: 14, Bonus: +3, Total: 17
Old 03-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Chena - Aarakocra Wizard

At least the others are a bit more friendly, Chena thought to herself. The Dragonborn seems a bit irate at the Entomorian's brazen attitude - As well she should, Chena thought - but her voice was friendly enough. Or, at least, the faint growl underlying her words didn't seem like it came from anger. She introduced herself as Kharre.

The Shardmind spoke next, simply stating his name - Wyrd - and then clarifying the spelling. Chena stifled an eye-roll. Did he think that they were idiots? The Entomorian spoke last, stating that her name was Orianna. She started to say more, but before she could finish, she was interrupted - not by any of the other lost wanderers, but by a noise.

As in, a scream followed by an earthquake sort of noise.

Chena was on her feet almost instantly, holding her staff high. "Don't make a sound," she hissed urgently to the group. If whatever had caused the screaming tracked by hearing, they might be able to fool it. Of course, it would have helped their case if Orianna hadn't already yelled loudly enough to wake a halfling sleeping off his weight in ale, but that couldn't exactly be fixed.

Dungeoneering Skill Check: roll of 3, bonus of 7, total of 10.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:11 AM

Kharre was on her feet the instant after the scream had sounded, drawing her sword out of sheer instinct. The chirping sound hadn't sounded all that dangerous, at least at first.

"Someone else is...was in this cave." The Dragonborn said, her eyes scanning the darkness that the makeshift campfire's light couldn't reach.

Dungeoneering Die Roll: 6, Bonus: 3, Total: 9

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Wyrd first managed to learn Orianna's name, before he managed to learn about a chirping sound and a scream, followed by an earthquake, in that order. Everyone-himself included-sprang to their feet and drew their respective weapons (He wielded a staff). He agreed-very quickly-on Chena's rule on not speaking loudly despite Orianna already breaking it, signifying this with a quick nod.

He stared towards the cave depths. He was up, alert, and ready to try out those Psionic powers on victims that weren't dummies.

Dungeoneering Check: roll of 19, bonus of 0, total 19.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

"Sounds like scorpions. Kord I hate scorpions..."
Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Chena - Aarakocra Wizard

Chena shot Orianna and Kharre an irritated glare, but the chirping sound commanded most of her attention. She listened closely and found that she agreed with Orianna. Scorpions. Unless she was mistaken, it was a lot of scorpions. Fortunately, she knew a few spells that could kill multiple pests at once. As for the scream, it had sounded angry, like someone heading into battle. Chena wondered if they, too, had been forced to take shelter from the storm in this cave.

Now that she knew what the chirping was, her initial surprise was replaced by curiosity and hunger for adventure. Slowly, she began to advance into the tunnel, careful not to let her claws click on the stone or to accidentally send rocks flying.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:29 PM

"Great..." Kharre muttered quietly as the familiar sound dawned on her ears. She had never been a fan of arachnids of any kind, despite the fact that most could do nothing to harm her. Her dislike stemmed from the misfortune of encountering several that were much bigger than her throughout the years, and it had simply grown with time. A small grunt of displeasure left her as she turned her eyes to Chena.

The Aarakocra was already advancing deeper into the cave, obviously intrigued by what she might find. Glancing back at her other two companions, Kharre shrugged.

"Whoever's down there might need some help." She said, her voice low so it wouldn't echo through the cavern "Despite how confident they are now."

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^