Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth
Default Riataro VS Foxamivalth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riataro View Post
(1) Single Battle, 2 Pokémon each.
(2) DQ: Three Days
(3) Damage Caps: 50 (I guess.. first battle... hopefully someone not too strong)
(4) Restrictions: - No direct recovery moves. - No OHKOs. This includes Perish Song and Destiny Bond. - Three Chills.
(5) Arena: Professor Oak's Garden (Grass)
A large open field home to many Pokemon that Professor Oak is researching. This arena is similar to the one seen in the anime, specifically by the Pokemon created lake. The wide open grassland beside the lake provides ample space for a practice battle.
(6) Ref Style: Open
Say hello to my cutie~

Happiny ()
Ability: Serene Grace
Signature Move: Nope~

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Riataro Offline

Default Re: Riataro VS Foxamivalth

Here we go~! (Beginners luck please kick in XD)

[Star Stream]
Ability: Natural Cure
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riataro View Post
Here we go~! (Beginners luck please kick in XD)

[Star Stream]
Ability: Natural Cure
You understand that, since you are posting second, you are to post your move selection as well as your Pokemon selection, yes?

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Riataro Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
You understand that, since you are posting second, you are to post your move selection as well as your Pokemon selection, yes?
My bad. I didn't realize that at first. Making my first move complex~! Anyway...

If Happiny uses a Status move, jump into to the water then use Scald!
If Happiny uses a Special attack, use double team then Psychic to send the attack straight back at em!
If Happiny uses a Physical attack, use Twister to send it up into a mini tornado then use Water Pulse to trap it in a land based Whirlpool!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Are those Combo Moves you're using?

Happiny, your opponent won't hit you. So don't worry, now go hug and say hello to Staryu then use Double Team right in front of it to confuse it. For the next action, return back with all your copies and create a Substitute @1HP. While having a Substitute on the field, you do NOT hide anywhere. Let it be 3 Happiny on the field.

Double Team (right in front of Staryu) ~ Substitute @1HP (Happiny doesn't hide)

Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

A Goldeen swam lazily in the lake, revelling in the quiet of the afternoon. However, the peace was about to be disturbed. Two trainers were making their way across the fields with pokémon at their sides, which could only mean one thing: a battle was about to take place. Small pokémon fled the scene as they took positions on the grassy verge above the lake.

The two trainers seemed to have slightly different outlooks on the battle. On the one hand, there was Ritaro who had only recently joined the ASB and so was inexperienced when it came to battle. As such, he seemed nervous, but also eager to learn, hoping to be able to learn something from this encounter. On the other hand, there was Foxamivalth – a veteran of the ASB who had agreed to take on the newcomer for one of his first battles. He appeared to be more relaxed than his opponent, but only time would tell if he would still be wearing that smile at the end.

Round One

Foxamivalth

Happiny (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Feeling good
Moves: Double Team ~ Substitute

Ritaro

[Star Stream] Staryu (X)

Energy: 100%
Condition: Pulsating rapidly
Moves: Jump into water/Double Team/Twister ~ Scald/Psychic/Water Pulse

Happiny started the battle by smiling broadly at Star Stream, inspiring a little confidence in the young water-type and making sure that there would be no bad blood between them once the battle was over. However, her next move was to start the business properly. She moved from side to side, picking up speed as she did so. Gradually, her body began to appear only as a pink blur, until she began to slow down again. When she did slow down, the blur solidified into not one, but two Happiny.

Star Stream had no idea about how it should go about dealing with this, so it did something that it did know how to do: it hid. Leaping from the bank, it quickly hit the water and was submerged. The Staryu moved quickly through the water, glad to be in a more comfortable environment where it could be safe from Happiny – at least for a little while.

This couldn’t last long though, as it was soon time to go on the offensive. Star Stream moved back up to the surface, absorbing water from the lake and heating it up almost to boiling point. As it wheeled back towards the bank, dodging stray Magikarp, it watched the two blurs on the grass. There were no clues as to which was real, so the sea star decided that it would have to guess. It sprang from the lake, unloading all of its heated water onto the Happiny on the left. Unfortunately, the water passed straight through and the pokémon flickered and disappeared. Star Stream had gone for the wrong opponent, but at least there was only one left now. It fell back to the water, contented with its performance.

Happiny wasn’t satisfied with there only being one of her now, so she made another. She tore up earth and moulded it into a shape that imitated her own. Then, with the body made, she set about giving it the gift of life; she placed her hands on its back and gave it a small portion of her own life. The resulting creation was brittle, but it would serve its purpose and defend the baby nurse for as long as possible. Meanwhile, Star Stream’s gem was pulsing rapidly as it began to get angry about having yet another duplicate of its foe. It hoped that this wouldn’t go on for too much longer or it was going to snap.

Foxamivalth

Happiny (F)

HP: 99%
Energy: 94%
Condition: Feeling okay
Substitute
HP: 1%

Ritaro

[Star Stream] Staryu (X)

Energy: 89%
Condition: Annoyed

Notes
Double Team- (Happiny -3% Energy, +1 Clone)
Jump into water- (Staryu -1% Energy, now in Water)
Scald- (Rolled 2/2, 1 to hit Happiny; Staryu -10% Energy; Happiny -1 Clone)
Substitute- (Happiny -3% Energy, -1% HP; Substitute +1% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Team Notes
Foxamivalth
2 pokémon remaining
Ritaro
2 pokémon remaining
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Foxamivalth Offline

Happiny, always wait and see what Staryu is going to do. If it hides or dives in the water, use Toxic to the pool to poison the whole pool. If it attacks you with Physical attack, use Counter. If Staryu is already poisoned, and is still in the pool, use Thunderwave to the pool to paralyze everything in the pool. Otherwise, use Shockwave.

Shockwave/Toxic/Counter ~ Shockwave/Thunder Wave/Counter

Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Ritaro, you have 24 hours to post your moves or you will be disqualified.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Riataro is disqualified. Fox gets $10. Kanto gets $5.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Closed Thread