Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [SU/DS]

Sight of the Stars, I'd advise you look over some of the SUs already accepted, you can basically find all your answers there. As far as I can tell, the beasts can be anything--for instance, I have Laila, who takes the appearance covered in swan feathers rather than fur, but I also have Harland, who looks like a raccoon, and CM has a large, white, two-headed dog whose name evades me at the moment. As for how one becomes a Guardian, that one's probably better left to CM, but looking at histories should help answer that, and everyone else has been able to choose thekr marks, some have even linked to pics, but describing works, too.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 06-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight of the Stars View Post
Oh my gosh, I can't even tell you how terribly interesting this RP looks! <3

A couple of questions (slap me if they were answered in the first posts, because in that case, I deserve it);
a) Are there any limits to the species of the Sacred Beasts? For example, could they be other mythical creatures instead of just dragons?

b) How does one go about becoming a Guardian? Does it just happen, with the Beast suddenly making a presence in their mind?

c) You mentioned that the Guardians have a mark that show their bond with their Beast. Is this mark the same or may we choose its appearance?
I have no problem answering these questions of yours, my friend. As Winter said, most of the answers can be seen in previous SUs, but I'll go ahead and answer them to make it easier on you.

a) I never said Sacred Beasts had to be dragons. The only dragon Sacred Beast that is mentioned is Drakon, one of the main antagonists in the RP that I play. Sacred Beasts can be any creature, whether it be real, fictional, or something you make up completely.

b) There are many ways to become a Guardian. The Sacred Beast could just simply appear and chose the person, or the person can request to take the Trail and Impress one (or the Beast initiates the Trail). Or maybe a Guardian who has reached their end passes their Sacred Beast to a successor. I really never defined how one becomes a Guardian because I wanted to see the players' ideas. I want the players to be interactive with the plot, so it is open for ideas from those who are taking part.

c) No, the marks are not the same. The player has the choice to decide what the mark looks like, whether it be tied in with their Beast or completely different. But I need a picture or a description of what it looks like and the location as to where it is on the Guardian's body.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Ah, my apologies. I saw the two-headed dog, but wasn't sure if that was just your thing, as some RP creators occasionally give themselves special privileges. I also tend to ask anyway just to be sure that rules haven't changed. ^^; I was thinking of looking over the other SU's, but 7 pages are a bit daunting. Actually, it's really daunting. XD I glanced over the first ones, but very briefly. I like asking the creator of the RP instead, just so I don't have any insecurities or doubts.

I'll probably be creating a sign up when I get around to it.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Kamikaze Offline

Nice to see you again, and welcome to the RP if you decide to participate.

Here's all the currently accepted SUs, and it might be a good idea to add them to the first post, for easy access to the profiles later on. Though most are actually on the first page, the rest are scattered across five pages. =P
Kamikaze - Aldur An'rayi, Ailith, Darios
CM - Menora Silvanus, Mellony Silvanus, Celestine, Taro
Winter_Cherry - Rayna, Anya, Ariel Hyde, Aileena Crowfeather
The Sensei - Samuel Newton, Anatenajah 'Najah' Rebersome
Brainiac - Corbin Smythe
Eternal Moonlight - Amber Greenwood
Saraibre Ryu - Gestal Sang

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

@Sight of the Stars: No worries. I like to think that I'm not one of those RP creators that give myself privileges that I would not offer other players. I've had that happen to me (other people getting special privileges that I didn't get) and it just makes the experience terrible. I like everything to be far, so anything I can do in my own RP the people who sign up for it can do the same. Except in this case no one else can have Omen or Drakon since they're like Legendary Pokemon. There's only one of each (unless stated otherwise in RPs X3). It would be nice to see an SU from you. Right now nothing is really happening other than some characters meeting up and NPCs preparing for the upcoming Games in the capital. If something changes I'll be sure to fill you in if you do sign up. Otherwise if you have any other questions feel free to ask me. You should know I don't bite.

@Kamikaze: I used to link to profiles, but at some point I just didn't care. Maybe because I had made it that way by asking everyone in a RP or two to post character SUs separately. So if a player had two characters, they would have to post each one separately so I could link to the individual character. However since you already got the links together I'll go ahead and add them to the RP player post (aka the accepted list) on the first page.

On another note I'll post soon. Things are going slower than I'd like, but as I said before I don't want people to mass post to leave others behind. I'm not sure exactly when I can post since I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but I will try to get a post out tomorrow night at the latest. Until then I'm glad to see everyone who signed up stayed and posted (except two people but I do understand why one hasn't posted yet) and look forward to see where we all take this RP.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Winter Offline

The Sensei hasn't been on in a few days, so that doesn't really help speed things up. *shrug* Also, anyone feel free to bother Aileena. I need an excuse to post for her.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:47 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
The Sensei hasn't been on in a few days, so that doesn't really help speed things up. *shrug* Also, anyone feel free to bother Aileena. I need an excuse to post for her.
I could possibly post something for her. I know in my next one I'm replying to something in Kamikaze's post. But I forget what "side" Aileena is on in terms of the Sacred Beast war as well as the magic/tech war. Can ya feel me in (again maybe) on that my friend?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Winter Offline

Lol. XD Aileena is against mages (she's actually terrified of them), and on Drakon's side thanks to Harland. However, I thought that was what referencing SUs was for? Oh well, hope that helps you.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Lol. XD Aileena is against mages (she's actually terrified of them), and on Drakon's side thanks to Harland. However, I thought that was what referencing SUs was for? Oh well, hope that helps you.
Well I'm having a lazy moment since I'm trying to catch up in posts that I've missed in other RPs I'm in since they just started. And I didn't feel like scanning over the SUs either thanks to this laziness moment. And it's almost 11PM on my end so again, CM is being lazy cause she feels like it. And I sometimes forget things like that when I'm sure you mentioned it before. But anyway, I'll post something so you can post with Aileena again. I'll think of something for ya buddy.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, it's 12 here, but I'm pretty much nocturnal and at the moment I'm playing with new toys (ever heard of MMD? I got curious and tried it...now I'm addicted.) so it's not likely that I'm going to pass out soon. Anyway, thanks, buddy.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Sadly I can't stay up all night tonight because I have an appointment tomorrow about my ankle. Which probably won't turn out the way I want it to since I've been unable to get the brace I need and the one I was using is pretty much unusable now with all the bottom padding pretty much gone now (had the thing for over five years now so it's time for a new one) so I need to get some sleep. Otherwise I would be nocturnal as well. And as much as I would like to type up posts for this and other RPs, I just cannot think of any at the moment so I need my sleep to get the creative juices flowing again.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Winter Offline

That's no fun at all, hopefully things get better for you, though. Lol, I need to type up my intro post for Dreamwalkers, honestly, but again--MMD is distracting...

Old 06-12-2012, 11:07 PM
The Sensei Offline

Slow your roll, Lol I have not been on so I don't post too fast but I'll put it up tonight or maybe in the morning most likely tonight.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

No need to worry. The posting speed is a little slower than I would personally like, but I don't want it much faster either. So many times have I had to drop out of my own RP because a full page of posts were posted when I was out doing errands or something. Whenever you can post is fine. I don't think you've missed too much, but then again I'd have to look back at when your last post was as well. So anyway whenever you can post is fine, Sensei. We'll try not to leave you in the dust.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Winter Offline

Lol, I was just wondering if you'd disappeared on us or what. XD Anyway, no need to feel rushed. We can't really leave you in the dust at this point--there aren't that many of us here and my posts tie into yours, so that would be two of us down straight off.