Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM
timothyg016 Offline

Default Re: Shredded Sacred Bonds [SU/DS]

ok ill re edit again
Old 05-04-2012, 12:45 PM
timothyg016 Offline

Name: Mizuo Kamikaze
Race: half-demon
Class: Mage
Specializations: He has a spellbook but rarely uses it.
Appearance: [url=http://www.google.com/imgres?q=anime+dark+swordsman&hl=en&sa=X&gbv=2&biw =1680&bih=949&tbm=isch&tbnid=nTU05rjKrym_MM:&imgre furl=http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/140440-bleach-characters&docid=_Ew7sPLbFNUg8M&imgurl=http:He is 6 foot 1 [/url]
Personality: He is quiet, smart, and thinks 7 steps ahead of the current situation. He is calm and easy-going but serious when it comes to fighting. He is sometimes a pacifist, so he sometimes tends to avoid confl
History: His father was a Demon and his mother was a human which makes him a Half-Demon. Because of the Forbidden Love rule in his village between demon and human, his dad escaped to the Underworld with his son and his mom was burned alive for the accusation of being a witch so he never got to see his mother. He was later trained in Demon and Blood magic and mastered it at the age of 14. He stayed in the underworld for 15 years training in the Underworld. One night, his father gave him a sword. He told him to guard it with his life and also told him that with the sword, he can travel from Earth to the Underworld. With that, he disappeared. Mizuo went to Earth for more training. He was trained by Lee, one of the best swordsman in the land and Musashi, the best Japanese swordsman in his time for 2 years. He was also traveled the world and trained in Kung Fu for 2 more years. After he completed his training, he lived as a Mercenary for a couple of months. He completed odd jobs like slaying monsters and other terrors.

Because of his nature as a demon, no Sacred Beast approached him therefore he had no knowledge of them. He just thought that there were monsters living among humans. He went on with this hypothesis until he met Drakon, one of the most scariest creature he had ever seen. Mizuo took his stance, ready to fight. But this was different. Drakon introduced himself! To Mizuo, this was a shock for him. Drakon introduced himself and told him about the Sacred Beasts. They also made a pact that if they ever see each other again, it will be on the battlefield.

He then traveled to a far away temple, where he was taken in by a monk named Hi-Ten. Hi-Ten tried to teach Mizuo about peace and tranquility, but this went against all what Mizuo did in the Underworld. He stayed there for about a month then a tragedy occured. He was coming back from a fishing trip only to see all of the monks dead and Hi-Ten was on his last breaths. He went out of control unleashing an giant wave of demon energy that destroyed the temple. He caught a glimpse of the killer but he disappeared. Only the low breaths of Hi-Ten calling his name calmed him down. Before Hi-Ten died, he put a seal on Mizuo. He is unable to access his demon energy until he has enough power to control it. He also gave him a scroll. This scroll was a Forbidden Magic that was thought to be lost. It was called the Lost Art. Mizuo added the Lost Art to his spellbook and vowed to only use his spellbook when there's a need to.

Other: He has no Sacred Beast. He has enough power to kill Sacred Beasts.
* Because of his race, his speed and agility is abnormal. His speed and agility can match the speed of sound. This technique that he developed is called Overdrive. It allows the user to accelerate to the speed of sound.
* Because of his race, he strength, endurance, and stamina is abnormal. He can pick up things that weigh 2 tons.
* Because of his race, he has 2 types of magical energy. His human energy and his demon energy. He cannot access his demon energy as of yet. So his magical energy is limited. His demon energy is almost limitless.

Last edited by timothyg016; 05-06-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Kamikaze Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM View Post
In other news, I have an update on my RL activities. I will be able to take my laptop with me, so when I have time I should be able to attempt to sign on. However I am not sure how often that will be or if I even will be able to get wifi. And I will try my hardest to get the RP up and running this Friday. If I have to I would like to be able to give someone some of my ideas for quests some of the characters might be able to do while I'm gone so you all don't have to wait five days for me to return to continue the RP. Or to maybe ask someone to at least keep my characters with the group so that they don't get left behind if they are in a group.

Also, seeing as I am including all of you in the development of the land our characters will inhabit, I'd like to ask if kamikaze can please post the map he's being working on and get everyone's opinion on things like roads and were some towns and ruins should be, as well as names for towns and the like. Your opinions mean a lot to me and will help develop this idea farther than I can take it on my own.
Sorry for my lack of activity lately, I've not really had the energy to be at the computer the past days. Anyways, I updated Ailith and Darios SUs, if you have time to take a look, and here comes the map.

Spoiler:

General explanation: Dark green is forest, light green is grasslands etc., yellow is desert, blue is water and gray is mountains. For grasslands and mountains: lighter color means higher elevation. Forests have higher density of trees when it gets darker.

This is just the basic map, without roads, landmarks, cities and the like. I'm still working on symbols for those things, but here is the map for you guys to get some ideas.

EDIT!(Since nobody has posted after me...)
Well, I wasn't quite happy with the map, and so I decided to get my hands on a few really nice photoshop brushes and retry the whole project, here's the outcome. Please note, the locations of the cities, roads, ruins, etc. are just suggestions, to show how the map would look like when done. If the locations seem to be good, they could be used, but I can edit any part of it. Comments, ideas and/or constructive critique is much welcome. Also, I need to add a compass as well, I just haven't found the right one yet. =P
Spoiler:

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.

Last edited by Kamikaze; 05-07-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Another version of the map added
Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

I am so sorry guys. Things got a little crazy. I went over to a friend's house, thinking I'd have time over there to work on things for the RP, but ended up really busy. And then this weekend I got busy again with a little more cleaning and yard work. Tomorrow I'll be packing for my trip. I leave around noon (US Central time) on Tuesday. I will do my hardest to look things over tomorrow morning before I pack, and then after that I'll try to type up something for a starting post. But I must ask y'all to be patient a little longer. I definitely did not want to make y'all wait this long, and for those who want to back out now because I am making you wait too long to start I completely understand. Like I said, I'll try my hardest to catch up on the posts tomorrow either before or after a pack for my trip. As for if I'll be able to get online while on the trip, I won't be able to tell y'all that until I get there. Again my apologizes and I hope you all understand that this waiting doesn't only frustrate you but me as well.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

I'm still in. It's all good--stuff happens IRL. However, you're back, and I'm waiting for the RP to start whenever you're ready. Gives me more time to pester the crap outta Chibi to get SUs in.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post

EDIT!(Since nobody has posted after me...)
Well, I wasn't quite happy with the map, and so I decided to get my hands on a few really nice photoshop brushes and retry the whole project, here's the outcome. Please note, the locations of the cities, roads, ruins, etc. are just suggestions, to show how the map would look like when done. If the locations seem to be good, they could be used, but I can edit any part of it. Comments, ideas and/or constructive critique is much welcome. Also, I need to add a compass as well, I just haven't found the right one yet. =P
I think this looks awesome... fyi.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
The Sensei Offline

@Kamikaze the map looks real good and everything, you have some real talent.

@CM: Don't worry the RP is too good to leave and like Winter Cherry said this extra time allows me to tell my friend to fix his SU right. Besides I can not wait till this RP starts
Old 05-08-2012, 01:11 AM
timothyg016 Offline

I dont't want to back out. This is my first time doing something like this and i'm excited. The map looks awesome. I've redone my SU by the way. It's on page 5 somewhere up top or in the middle.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

@CM: Don't rush yourself though, life happens and I that's completely understandable. No worries :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
I think this looks awesome... fyi.
This I agree with!

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I greatly apologize for the longer delay. On my vacation I hardly had any time to get on the computer since we did a lot, and with the time I could have used online I was just too tired to even get it out of my bag and set up my wireless internet. I have been back home for over a week now, but as soon as I got back I was thrown into work. I now have some free time, but sadly I have yet to start writing a starter post. I will catch up on the SUs, finish my last one, and start the RP as soon as I possibly can. Again I am so sorry that I have made y'all wait even longer than I said I was going to have y'all wait. All I ask is a little more time and hope that this RP has been worth the wait.

EDIT:

@Kamikaze: I looked over Darios's profile, and he is now accepted.

@Eternal Moonlight: Everything looks good. Accepted. I look forward to RPing with you once again.

@timothyg016: I'm still seeing issues. The specialization section isn't correct (see the second post for details) and Sacred Beasts can't really be killed since they tend to balance each other out. They can be fatally wounded, but instead of dying they restart their life cycle. In other words, they go back to being an infant. As for that actually happening, only other Sacred Beasts can do that. Well, I shouldn't say that. A mortal can, but it is very rare and difficult to do so. I'm sorry to say that once again your SU is denied as is, but I don't want to see you go. If you wish to try once again and need help, please PM me and I'll do what I can to help you out.

EDIT2:

I'm pretty sure Kamikaze won't mind me posting this (and I'm sorry if you would have rather posted it) but thanks to him we have city names. All credit for the following belongs to him, and I greatly thank you for doing this for the rp

Spoiler:

Skyspire - The capital city. The largest city of the region, so named after the Skyspire Citadel that is located in the center of the city. The Skyspire Citadel is a architectural wonder of white marble, with slender spires that seem to reach for the sky. It is the seat of power for the royal/imperial family(not sure if you have thought of the land as an empire or a monarchy). Within the citadel there are marvelous gardens, a courtyard that could hold a small village, and the great Skyspire Library.
The banner associated with the city is a snow-white spire on a royal purple background.

Stonewatch Keep and Northwatch Keep - Originally these were outposts that housed a small garrison, meant to be able to warn the capital in the case of an attack. Now that the region is all under the same ruler, their strategic value has lessened, but they have both grown into larger settlements, with plenty of merchants and craftsmen setting up shop in these growing communities.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Lakeshire and Riverrun - Mainly fishing settlements, they also serve as ferry stations for those who wish to travel across the river rather than taking the road to the north.
(They use the royal banner of Skyspire.)

Easthaven - A fairly secluded city, many retired merchants who have done well in their affairs settle down here. It is home to many great philosophers, and houses one of the two public libraries of any scholarly standard in the region, the other being the one in Skyspire. It also houses a dock, though nothing that can rival the much busier docks that can be found in Southport.
The banner associated with the city is a golden rising sun on a dark blue background.

Oakwood - As the name implies, the forest northeast of the settlement is a large oak forest. Main source of income and trade is said wood, either as a raw material or processed into various wooden products.
(They use the banner of Easthaven.)

Southport - The major port of the region, also the seat of all merchants of any serious reputation. Almost all ships that leaves and enter the region docks in Southport, and almost all merchant caravans that travel by road originate from this city. Often referred to as the Merchant's Peninsula, because even outside the city gates there are warehouses and supply-stations for the caravans.
The banner associated with the city is a white swan on an ocean blue background.

Midland Fortress - Houses a significant museum with relics of the past. Most from the various desert ruins, but there are relics from across the region gathered and kept safe in this otherwise forgotten city. Other than the museum, there is a decent quarry in the mountains to the northwest, and a sawmill near the forest to the southwest.
The banner associated with the city is a silver mountain on a forest green background.

West and North Sandstead - Supply-stations for those traveling into the desert, which is mostly historians, archaeologists and treasure hunters, all looking for the ruins scattered across and beneath the shifting sands of the Sandstead Desert. Originally they were minor outposts, but as merchants and tradesmen saw the opportunity that presented itself, both settlements grew, the western one more so than the one to the north.
(They use the banner of Midland Fortress.)

Westwood - The most secluded city, and the furthest from the capital, this stronghold is home to the most skilled archers the region has to offer. A lot of the inhabitants are hunters, and therefore skilled trackers. It is said that a Westwood Archer can find anyone, anywhere, and more often than not this has been true.
The banner associated with the city is a silver stag on a dark green background.

Goldstone Castle - The horselords of Goldstone supply the greatest horses that money can buy, and keep the even better ones themself, their cavalry is rivaled by none. An ironclad knight from Goldstone is an awe-inspiring sight to behold, and few would willingly face one in battle.
The castle is named after the color of it's walls, as the stone which is the building material is more golden than it is gray.
The banner associated with the city is a golden horse on a black background.

Dragonstone Castle - A castle designed with only strategic advantages in mind, it is the embodiment of unconquerable. The black stone that the castle is built of has yet to give in to any assault, and combined with the Dragonstone infantry, which is the most ferocious military force there is, it is not likely to change anytime soon.
The banner associated with the city is a midnight-black dragon on a silver background.

Southbay - A small fishing settlement that also houses a ferry for those who wish to visit the large island to the southeast.
(They use the banner of Dragonstone Castle.)

Now I just need to figure out two more things before I begin, and I would like suggestions. Now we know that some mages are being held captive because of their magic when the government would rather move forward with the new technologies and forget the old ways of magic, but where do you all think they should be housed? And also we need a "headquarters" for the Underground. And what I mean by that is where thieves, assassins, and other lawbreakers get their contracts for jobs as well as their rewards for successful completion of their contracts. Suggestions will be much appreciated and helpful, as well as some ideas you all would like to see later on in the RP. The plot is open for ideas to make things more enjoyable for all, and we can get off the beaten path to explore our characters more and take a break from the main plot as needed.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~

Last edited by CM; 05-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

*pokepoke* Please note CM's second edit!

That being said, I would suggest one of the mountain areas or Midland Fortress for both locations. Obviously not in the same place, they seem to be good ideas for both purposes.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Location wise on the map, Midland Fortress does seem like a good place. It's close to the capital, so it's a good place for the mages to be held. Plus the museum and the relics will make it seem less like a prison for them until the government figures out a way to get rid of their magic.

As for the Underground headquarters I'm not too sure. If Midland was the location of the captured mages, then there would be a ton of guards. Not too good for business in the eyes of the Underground. At the moment I'm thinking if not in the sewers of Skyspire (kinda like in Riften in Skyrim if you've played it) then the Underground could do most of it's business in Stonewatch or maybe even Easthaven since it's out of the way and only those in the Underground would know where the contracts are made.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Kamikaze Offline

The most logical places for a mage prison would be midland for it's remote but not too distant location, or dragonstone for it's already strong military presence. I would think midland the better choice though.

As for the underground, the capital will see it's fair share of crimes, though any city where the royal/imperial(have you decided if it should be an empire or a monarchy?) seat of power is located will have a larger quantity of guards. Southbay would probably be a better location for a HQ than the capital, for it's economical potential(being the major import/export city), or easthaven for it's safe distance from the capital. Goldstone and dragonstone are a little too military, which would make most criminals consider their own mortality, westwood might be a little too remote to make for a good base of operations. Midland is obviously not good if the prison is there, as an elite guard might not be the optimal clientele for a thief. And the other towns etc are too small to hold a proper HQ, though local branches could be found in all or most cities.

Just my two cents on the matter. And apologies for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing this from my phone.

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I think Midland will be were the mages' prison will be. I can see that the monarchy (since this is more of a medieval setting it makes more sense in my opinion) would have it seem like it's not really a prison with Midland's museum.

Now with the Underground. Contracts can be made anywhere, but there is a central were the highest paid jobs are posted and teams temporarily form amongst the lawbreakers. With what Kamikaze said, I think that Easthaven will be were the HQ for the Underground will be located.

I'm going to type something up now, but I'm not too sure if I'll start this tonight. I told Winter that I would start no later than Friday, but can start anytime before that. If any of you want to quickly throw an idea at me at what you would like to see in the opening post, now's the time to do it. I can very well start this tonight if y'all would like that. Just toss me some ideas or suggestions if you have them, otherwise the earliest I can start is tonight or tomorrow afternoon and the latest I'll start is this Friday.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
The Sensei Offline

Just a head's up, I am still looking forward to this so I am not going anywhere, also I agree with Winter on the location for the mages and then Southbay for the underground, as for the opening post make it AMAZING Can't wait till everything starts.

EDIT: Also, both of my characters, I would like someone a mage perhaps that would not mind something. I want my two characters to meet up with each other through the underground and is offered the mission of saving one of the mages who have the death penalty so who ever would like to volunteer just say so. Don't worry, you will only be in jail for only three posts and I will be planning on breaking you out. If anything comes up I will alert you so you don't just be stuck in there.

Last edited by The Sensei; 05-23-2012 at 01:48 AM.