Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry
Arrow Pokemon: Spoiler Chit-Chat

Talk about the recent japan releases of Pokemon.

This is a Spoiler thread. Be aware that you may read something that spoils the plot.

Last edited by Digital; 05-21-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:31 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash
Default Re: Pokemon: Spolier Chit-Chat

Yeah, bet that was a good episode... cant wait til it comes out here in the US. According to the pictures on Serebii, it looks as if Grovyle and Loudred end up in a draw and then the episode ends with them battling again... i hate when they do that.

Personally I know that Treecko was strong, probably one of Ash's strongest but i still didnt expect it to evolve. A Grovyle just doesnt seem like Ash's personality, figured the writers would have Tailow or Corphish evolve first. Of course I'm not complaining, its still pretty awesome that Treecko evolved!
Old 03-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar

Yup. Grovyle looks very cool, doesn't it?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

Grovyle looks awesomely cool! I cant wait for the new episodes airing soon. Brock will get a Mudkip one of the new episodes. I think its better this way. What I mean is that each trainer has a starter, unlike the old series in which Ash caught all the starters.

EDIT: Oh man, there is no new episodes today. They are repeating the past ones.

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?

Last edited by Pokemon World Mazter; 03-06-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Spoiler question: When Ash and co. return to Petalburg City

[ON the game, the mother Caroline lives in Little Root and Norman is in Petalburg. Yet on TV, May's family are together in Petalburg, what's up? Are they saying on TV when May left LIttle Root, did somebody else take care of her, like family member or even Professor Birch? OR does May's family just live in Petalburg City if Norman is the gym leader?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:19 PM
DragonTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonTamer Send a message via Yahoo to DragonTamer

The whole family probably lives in Petalburg. In the beginning, when May was on her way to Professor Birch's lab she was going through the woods. IMO, if she had been living in Little Root she would probably have been using a road/street of some sort from town. Coming all the way from Petalburg would only take a short while on bike given how fast they all got there on foot. The game designers probably just wanted the character to have a clear starting point as to not confuse people as to which way they should go. So they just made up a plot where your mom would live in Little Root so there would be a clear path to follow for a little while anyway. Besides, for those new to the games, it's easier to explain stuff. Take Little Root, only has two houses and a lab. The next town has a pokecenter and mart. Then there's a gym! Wow! That's so cool! You get my point.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
KCash Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KCash

AMMf, you have to remember that the game is quite different from the anime. They have different storylines here and there so you cant get them mixed up to much.

Did anyone see the new japanese title, Professor Oak and Professor Birch! Secret Base Battle!? That will be a great episode... could the two professor's REALLY battle?

Old 03-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

COOL! Can't wait til they all come out!
Old 03-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

From what I heard, Ash can use Grovyle in battle much because Ash learned how content it was. It also has the will in it to win every battle it can, and that's the kind of pokemon Ash needs.

According to my theories, the episode title: "Petalburg Gym Battle! Five Gym Badges!", rumors has it that Taillow will evolve once defeating Norman's Slaking. Plus, there are rumors that Ash will decide in that episode whether or not Ash will evolve Pikachu with a Thunderstone. He decides this AGAIN, but Pikachu decides by itself........

These are ONLY rumors, they are not 100% sure.

-Aleyquala
Old 03-10-2004, 06:19 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

[If the Hoenn storyline seems to be 'Ash learns about evolved Pokemon', he should definately let Pikachu evolve. Pikachu should decide to evolve because times have to change on Pokemon and this is the only way for Ash to even have a chance in Hoenn. He's lost out in Indigo and Johto due to not having an evolved team. ANd what's wrong with a Raichu following Ash around? It would be in fantastic shape with all that walking.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:07 PM
rich Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
[If the Hoenn storyline seems to be 'Ash learns about evolved Pokemon', he should definately let Pikachu evolve. Pikachu should decide to evolve because times have to change on Pokemon and this is the only way for Ash to even have a chance in Hoenn. He's lost out in Indigo and Johto due to not having an evolved team. ANd what's wrong with a Raichu following Ash around? It would be in fantastic shape with all that walking.
I totally agree! ash's pokemon hardly ever evolve! i mean treecko evolves but we won't even get to see that episode untill early next year probably! he would be a much stronger trainer and have a better chance getting somewere if they did.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thumbs up Re: Pokemon: Spolier Chit-Chat

And, Raichu would be alot cuter. ^__^

BTW: Its a good thing that Treecko evolves into Grovyle. I bet they used Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby on this, since Leaf Blade can damage Vigoroth and Slaking good.

BTW: Also, Taillow should evolve. Its too weak! It didn't win a match against Brawly's Machop, it loses against that boy's Roselia!!! That's impossible! Roselia used one Solarbeam and Taillow was finished off. Torkoal is very unique, so that's a good fire pokemon. Corphish is STRONG, but it needs to evolve to learn Water Pulse! Crawdaunt would look good in Ash's team...but we all know what's been wondering our minds.....what will Ash's final pokemon be? I heard lots of rumors..."Its gonna be a Vibrava!!" "They said that Ash will catch a Spoink, which will evovle into a Grumpig!" "No, no! Ash will catch an Altaria!!!"

I really don't know which one it is, but I don't like it when Ash promises to visit his pokemon and he doesn't. For instance, Primeape and Pidgeot. He promised to see them again, yet he didn't. It would be good if Ash met up with Primeape and Primeape joined his team for the last pokemon. Then, Primeape could use Dynamicpunch, and Thunderpunch, and maybe even Cross Chop! All I know is that Ash better catch another pokemon...and fast!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:53 PM
rich Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~Aleyquala~)
And, Raichu would be alot cuter. ^__^

BTW: Its a good thing that Treecko evolves into Grovyle. I bet they used Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby on this, since Leaf Blade can damage Vigoroth and Slaking good.

BTW: Also, Taillow should evolve. Its too weak! It didn't win a match against Brawly's Machop, it loses against that boy's Roselia!!! That's impossible! Roselia used one Solarbeam and Taillow was finished off. Torkoal is very unique, so that's a good fire pokemon. Corphish is STRONG, but it needs to evolve to learn Water Pulse! Crawdaunt would look good in Ash's team...but we all know what's been wondering our minds.....what will Ash's final pokemon be? I heard lots of rumors..."Its gonna be a Vibrava!!" "They said that Ash will catch a Spoink, which will evovle into a Grumpig!" "No, no! Ash will catch an Altaria!!!"

I really don't know which one it is, but I don't like it when Ash promises to visit his pokemon and he doesn't. For instance, Primeape and Pidgeot. He promised to see them again, yet he didn't. It would be good if Ash met up with Primeape and Primeape joined his team for the last pokemon. Then, Primeape could use Dynamicpunch, and Thunderpunch, and maybe even Cross Chop! All I know is that Ash better catch another pokemon...and fast!
When does ash catch his torkoal? We've only just seen the episode that he catches his corpish
Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Talking Re: Pokemon: Spolier Chit-Chat

Well, this thread is a spoiler thread, but I shall tell you anyways.

Ash obtains his Torkoal when Ash, Brock, May and Max walk into the Steel Valley, home of all steel-type pokemon like Skarmory and Steelix. In that valley, grew up a Torkoal that fought everyday with the steel pokemon, hoping that one day they would make peace.

So, they all run into the Torkoal and Ash watches as the Torkoal beats the most angriest Steelix of the Valley by using a combination of Flamethrower and Overheat. Afterwards, Torkoal joins the group. Note that this is after Ash gets his fourth badge.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Hariken4 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hariken4

Coming up in Japan is Episode 343: Dancing Battle! Ludicolo! It looks like a Corphish vs. Ludicolo battle and Special Episode 16: Pokemon Researcher Gary & The Revived Aerodactyl. Probably the first episode with Gary in it since he left after the Silver Conference and as a professor (I'd like to see it!)
Closed Thread