Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Default Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Write down what you think and why.

I got this question in my practise GCSE question and i answered,
I believe that H-S should not be allowed to get married because my faith says that women were made for men and men were made for women.
But other people might argue that they should be able to battle because it is a human rights to get married and have children and it does not say anything against homosexuals.

Most weddings take place in religious places and if a man and man were to get married they would have to ask the leader of the religious place if it is okay for them to marry in their place of worship,
i would say no again because of my faith and the fact that if they were to adopt a child little kids would be swearing at the homosexual dads calling them abrupt words and i do not think it would be fair on the kid they adopt that they have to go through that.
But some people might disagree with me and say it is there choice.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Default Re: Should homosexuals be allowed to marry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Posner View Post
the fact that if they were to adopt a child little kids would be swearing at the homosexual dads calling them abrupt words
... wut

Where the heck did you get that from?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Well it is common sense kids get taught that bieng a homosexual is bad and they would take advantage of the adopted child at school with abrupt language towards them directly.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Well it is common sense kids get taught that bieng a homosexual is bad and they would take advantage of the adopted child at school with abrupt language towards them directly.
I feel very, very sorry for the children who get taught that it's bad.
Also, there is a large majority of weddings- especially in Britain, where I believe you're from if you're doing GCSEs?- that are NOT religious.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Daughter of Mew Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Daughter of Mew

To be completely honest, if I gave my teacher that answer I'd get a D at the most lol.

Quote:
I've only met a few people who were taught that, and they all had parents that forced their religion upon their children. x:

Quote:
I believe that H-S should not be allowed to get married because my faith says that women were made for men and men were made for women.
"neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." Corinthians 6:9–10

Christians are always more than happy to condemn homosexuals, yet I've never heard one say adultery is wrong. I've never heard a Christian say drinking is wrong. I've never heard a Christian scorn their Bieber-obsessed daughter (an idolater). I hear many Christians swear despite revilers being prevented from going to heaven. Yeah, you get the point.

Quote:
Most weddings take place in religious places and if a man and man were to get married they would have to ask the leader of the religious place if it is okay for them to marry in their place of worship,
Not necessarily, the only weddings I've ever been to were in a registry office, and one was between two Catholics. Registry offices aren't really religious places lol. But that's besides the point; if someone believes in the teachings of a religion, they have the right to get married according to the scriptures of that religion, no matter what sexualities they may be.

Quote:
little kids would be swearing at the homosexual dads calling them abrupt words and i do not think it would be fair on the kid they adopt that they have to go through that.
Honey, everyone who's a minority gets abuse at some point in their life. Besides, adopted kids are often used to going through hard times. Since, y'know, they often enough don't have biological parents. :P
Old 07-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daughter of Mew View Post
To be completely honest, if I gave my teacher that answer I'd get a D at the most lol.
Yeah I was gonna mention that too. xD Remember Mike, look at both points of view. Any hint of bias and your mark will drop. I've done my GCSEs, I'm in college.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Mike Posner Offline

D
Is that good for a 10/11 year old?

But honestly from the area that i am from that is how it is and that is how my teacher taught me.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
D

But honestly from the area that i am from that is how it is and that is how my teacher taught me.
Why are you doing practice GCSE questions when you're 11?

And if I found out the school was teaching my children that homosexuality is bad, I would promptly remove them. This is most certainly not the cultural norm here in Britain Mike.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Tombi Offline

Quote:
D

What area are you from? Where I am, the most extreme things I see are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons from the USA. There's a lot of gay kids at my college and nobody gives a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
Why are you doing practice GCSE questions when you're 11?
^ That.. is a very good point. ._. Why are you doing practice GCSE questions in Year Seven?

Last edited by Tombi; 07-17-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Because i am in the highest set in my school and year 7s are currently doing practise GCSE's in English and Maths.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Because i am in the highest set in my school and year 7s are currently doing practise GCSE's in English and Maths.
I was in the highest sets for everything and never even approached practice GCSE papers until about year 9, simply because people don't usually have the appropriate knowledge less than year after leaving primary school. To be honest, I'm liking the sound of this pro-homophobia, inappropriate exam type school less and less.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Tombi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
I was in the highest sets for everything and never even approached practice GCSE papers until about year 9, simply because people don't usually have the appropriate knowledge less than year after leaving primary school. To be honest, I'm liking the sound of this pro-homophobia, inappropriate exam type school less and less.
Same here, man.
I'm pretty sure you don't do gradients and pythagoras in Year Seven maths. Your school isn't sticking to the curriculum if they're making you do papers on stuff you haven't even learned, being in the highest set has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post

Same here, man.
I'm pretty sure you don't do gradients and pythagoras in Year Seven maths. Your school isn't sticking to the curriculum if they're making you do papers on stuff you haven't even learned, being in the highest set has nothing to do with it.
It could be a privately run school if they're also getting away with teaching homosexuality is bad?

Oh god, I bet it teaches creationism too D=
Old 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Well to be honest i do not have anything against homosexuals, i just feel sorry for the adopted kids because they have to go through bullying in school and such.

There is this gay kid in our school but i am not really sure if he is gay just dresses up like a girl bbut everyone swears at him, i am not going to lie i wanted to swear a couple times but my maturaty is passed that.

@Gofry Well it depends in what school and place you get taught in really, some might not want to do a practice GCSE question in year 7 some might not. But it is not really like a big test or anything just some homework given to us.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Well to be honest i do not have anything against homosexuals, i just feel sorry for the adopted kids because they have to go through bullying in school and such.

There is this gay kid in our school but i am not really sure if he is gay just dresses up like a girl bbut everyone swears at him, i am not going to lie i wanted to swear a couple times but my maturaty is passed that.

@Gofry Well it depends in what school and place you get taught in really, some might not want to do a practice GCSE question in year 7 some might not. But it is not really like a big test or anything just some homework given to us.
A) That's certainly not a common thing to happen. My two best friends were openly gay from year 8 onwards, and there were a lesbian couple in the year below me the year I left, and those are the kids I knew of. None of them had issues with bullying.

B) There's a national curriculum they have to adhere to by law. They can't do whatever they want unless they're privately owned.
Closed Thread