Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Blue Mage Offline

Default Venusaur's Army

Lady Ninetales, Sir Venusaur and their Army - Sunny with a Chance of Sweep

Lady Fox (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Trait: Draught
EVs: 144 HP, 252 SAtk, 112 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ninetales is here because she is a must for a Sun team, providing a permanent sun to the battle. I give her Sunny Day because, reading up, it seems the best thing to do in order to beat out other weather-inducers and win the Weather War so that I can maintain the advantage throughout the battle. Solar Beam, Fire Blast, and HP Ice bring a nice offensive spread, HP Ice I like particularly because it takes out many opponents weak to Ice who do not expect it (or so I assume, as Lady Fox has killed many dragons in my test battles).

Sir Flora (Venasaur) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chrolophyll
EVs: 244 HP, 252 SAtk, 12 Spd
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

The leader of my team. He is just so dang clutch and I love him. The EV spread seems pretty standard. Once I clear away major threats from the field, he can come in and sweep with a boosted HP Fire and a non-charge Solar Beam. I like Sleep Powder, but hate its accuracy. Of the battles I lost, I lost because Sleep Powder could not work to save my life! I really wish he could learn Spore, that would just be my bread and butter. Anyways, I had Sunny Day on him, but decided to run Growth to make him more of a central sweeping force.

Lt. Hot Head (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP, 104 Def, 124 SAtk, 28 Spd
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Heatran seemed second nature to take onto the team. He can cripple opponents with Will-O-Wisp, and is able to hit a lot of walls that pose trouble to my team with Dark Pulse and Earth Power. The boosted Magma Storm, even without perfect accuracy, allows him to occasionally get a few kills in.

Pvt. Steve (Hydreigon) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 104 Atk, 240 SAtk, 164 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

I used to use a Dugtrio, but I found out that Hydreigon as a Wallbreaker is much more useful than Dugtrio as a revenge killer.

Cpt. Keibler (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- U-Turn

Once had a Volcarona here, but Volca's sweeping capabilities were minimal at best, especially when the enemy had SR support, and I really couldn't set up. Azelf covers a lot of my team's weaknesses, and also provides the speed that allows me to build some momentum.

Sgt. Sturdy (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SpDef (Spd IV: 0)
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Forretress is great. He provides me with the entry hazards I need to win the game, and can also be my spinner so that I can come in safely. The team covers him quite well, and he gets his job done. A Utility member who plays his part so I can get Venusaur the support that he needs to take out a team.

Pearl FC: 3997 0716 7352