Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
bleepbloop Offline

Send a message via AIM to bleepbloop
Default Re: This place is dead.

sorry to put a damper on the subject but i was one of them that migrated to bmgf lol.... i did so cause i heard their rp section was a bit more active than here, and i can say well, it was :>... i aslo like it over there cause they got things like mafia and stuff that's pretty fun and stuff and yeah... i still come back here every now and then though...

My awesome nooby Urpg stats -==-==- my awesome nooby ASB stats i'm accepting all aim battles just pm me if you want one
Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 AM
DemonicWolf Offline

Send a message via AIM to DemonicWolf

I haven't been online for maybe a year now, and well, IM BACK lol
Sometimes, like with me, this site can just call you. It was weird, but I also used to love all the activity..
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will rip my wrists apart.
~And in the end... They'll judge you anyways...~
Old 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Well I don't consider myself a "golden oldie" and probably no one even remembers who I am since I was never popular on this site, but hey I'm back.

Tbh, I sort of migrated to pokebeach because I really got into the tcg and even when this place was thriving, it didn't really have an active tcg section. Then a couple of life bombs here and there, and here we are. I do remember when I got Gigatitan(a once popular youtube channel) to plug this website to get more activity here, but it didn't really work because he sort died right after that.(he actually still makes videos though) Maybe.....wow I can't remember the adim's name here, I can't believe I forgot it! xD Anyway, maybe we can get Pe2k to get a well known youtube channel to advertise us?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 AM
The Doctor Offline

Send a message via MSN to The Doctor

I usually pop on this site every now and then but compared when I joined in 2006 to now in 2012... this place is really dead. Back in those days, this site was just exploding with all sorts of activity. Those were the good times...

~Darkness

|Youtube Channel|URPG Stats|Doctorin' the TARDIS|
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Yeah, I've used to have a very old account back in 2007. (That password has long left my mind.) There was booming activity. There was also a great deal of activity last Spring, so maybe it'll pick up later on this year!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Miasma Offline

This situation reminds me of a similar one on my old internet home. You just have to stick with the place, and hope that the activity will pick up eventually. As long as the owner still believes in the forum, it will never be dead. Unfortunately with my old place, the owner gave up on it, and then it really did die.

Just don't give up on it, and things should turn around eventually. Pokémon is a far reaching entity, so you have one of the largest fan-bases to pull members from.

Don't let the doomsday talk get you down.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yep. Used to be booming - the RP section was always changing in terms of the "latest post by..." and you were lucky to hold on to yours being there for more than five minutes.

Alas, those times are gone for now...But, everything has it's ups and down. It'll pick up, then die again, then pick up once more...

We could get a well known YouTube user...But...*If only I had equipment to record game LPs, I would open an account and do it* It might be hard. Shameless plugging doesn't always help, either.

Last edited by Grassy_Aggron; 04-16-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Well FizzyStardust and I are old friends, so I can shoot him a message, though I haven't talked to him in a long time.

I've got some other people in mind, so I can see what I can do.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
Yeah, I've used to have a very old account back in 2007. (That password has long left my mind.) There was booming activity. There was also a great deal of activity last Spring, so maybe it'll pick up later on this year!
2007 was probably the pinnacle of activity. After the D/P boards started dying down, the rest of the forum slowly went with it.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

I guess the oldies have started to grow up maybe. These days i will only pick up my DS to check which pokemon I have, but i never actually play any more. I havent played in about 3 years. These days I will only ever hop on Pe2k during the holidays or on sick days when I am bored.

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

in an ideal world we would pass our site onto the next generation of pokemon fans. They are still lots of new fans of pokemon out there. We just gotta get back to the basics around here. We need to get our name to the top of the google seach bar again

This place can't be dead if all of us are still here talking on a daily basis.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

I still love this forum no matter what(^^)
Nice members. mods, and admin, I really appreciate it.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
goldwynaut Offline

i have been seeing more activity lately...
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Yep. Used to be booming - the RP section was always changing in terms of the "latest post by..." and you were lucky to hold on to yours being there for more than five minutes.

Alas, those times are gone for now...But, everything has it's ups and down. It'll pick up, then die again, then pick up once more...

We could get a well known YouTube user...But...*If only I had equipment to record game LPs, I would open an account and do it* It might be hard. Shameless plugging doesn't always help, either.
If only the forum knew about the Youtube channel Xanthe and I opened like a year ago. -.-'
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-six View Post
I assumed the people who were most active here got busy with work and studies… disappointing to hear a migration lol
I agree that people are busy with work and studies. I've been coming here once a week. I would appear more if there were more activity.