Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Aidzzz Offline

Default Since when did this happen....

Yea i found a pokemon heart gold game with a crappy gamesave so i wanted to start over, so i go and do that but when i get to goldenrod city in one sit down and try to save it says that i need to manually delete the old save file...last time i checked it auto-deleted the game when you make a new game, this is soooooooooo freaking retarded. Why do they do that....
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Since when did this happen....

This was implemented into the gen 4 and beyond games to make sure that erasing game saves wasn't as easy as it was before. Someome taking it such as siblings or unpleasant people, next thing you know your precious gave save is gone.

There is also the mechanics of the Global Trade Stations, Pokemon Global Link in Gen 5 and various other things to save in a file that are more complex then inprevious games. This has basically been happening since Pokemon games could use the internet.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Default Re: Since when did this happen....

i made the same mistake in pokemon diamond once, i started a new game, and then i got to oranbourgh city and was going to save, i got the same message, there is some king of button combination you have to do to delete the former save file. its made so people dont delete their beloved files by accident, i did that once to lol
Closed Thread