Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments

ASB: Gym Battles & Tournaments The place where all official gym challenges and tournament matches take place. The place where trainers from far and wide come to test their skills against the very best.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM
J_A_M_E_S Offline

Default Challenger [narphoenix] vs. Velocity and Mass Gym Leader [Velocity]

Quote:
Hello, and welcome to Velocity's Gym. Here at this Gym, we are dedicated to doing battles revolving around science for the betterment of human and Pokemon society alike. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Above you can see the Half-Dozen Pokemon Dedicated to the Battling for Science and General Enrichment. We understand that this title is lengthy and we have provided this acronym for those who find the full name to be a 'mouth-full': H-DPDttBfSaGE (HUD-puh-dut-bf-SAGE)

Currently, this Gym is open and awaiting challengers. Please stop by for a Battle For Betterment if you get the time.

In order to challenge this Gym, there are some things you must know and some conditions that you must meet. The information and requirements are as follows:

Rules of the Battle for Betterment
Battles will be held in 'Double' format, with each participant using a total of six Pokemon.
Each Pokemon is allowed only one Chill.
Neither direct healing moves nor one-hit-KO moves are permitted.

Requirements for the Participants of the BfB
The Proctor's official roster - 'wild-card' Pokemon do not count- is required to be the four Pokemon that have a Speed Stat of < 100, as well as a weight of < 220 lbs. The other two must fit only one of these requirements. In order to challenge the Proctor, the challenger's first two Pokemon must fit those requirements also. (i.e., Electrode at 140 speed and Dewgong at 264.6 lbs)

Arena of the BfB

Aperture Labs

In Aperture Labs, there's a forgotten Test Chamber called Chamber 101 - nicknamed Chamber LOL. Chamber 101 has a small entry hallway (Six feet by twelve feet) that opens up into a 50' x 70' arena made up almost entirely of white panels. The wall to the right as you walk in is made of dark-brown bricks. Jutting out from this wall is a raised platform made of the same stuff, and a turret watches the battle from above. For each action - provided the turret has not already struck in that pair of actions - a 40-sided die is rolled. For 1-10, the turret catches sight of the Pokemon who is being rolled for (challenger first, and the turret cannot act twice in a set of actions) and it fires on the Pokemon in a move treated as Steel Type, which has a power of 18. It is STAB, it is physical, and strikes 2-5 times. If the roll is 11-20, the turret will say something to the effect of "I see you" and make the Pokemon flinch. If the roll is 21-40, the turret hums something to itself and does nothing. There's also a radio that will play smooth jazz throughout the battle. It's as dangerous as the turret when it hums (that is to say, it's completely harmless).
The leader will select her Pokemon.
The challenger will select his Pokemon and action commands.
The leader will select her action commands.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Challenger [narphoenix] vs. Velocity and Mass Gym Leader [Velocity]

No sense in waiting. I'll send out Bessie and Bohmander.

l
[Bessie] Scolipede (F) l [Bohmander] Salamence (M)
Ability: Poison Point l Ability: Intimidate
Sig Move: None l Sig Move: None

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

[Solomon] Starmie (-)*
Ability: Natural Cure
Obtained: Starter
Evolved: Evolution Dojo
Signature Move: Afferent Anticipation

And...

[Barricade] Forretress (M)
Ability: Sturdy
Obtained: Adoption Center
Evolved: Evolution Dojo
Sig Move: Stone Shield

Solomon

Psychic on "Bessie". If she sees fit to Protect herself (and does so successfully), use Ice Beam on Bohmander. If they successfully Protect simultaneously, use Cosmic Power.

Rinse and repeat, with the addition that if Bessie has a Substitute, switch to use Ice Beam on Bohmander. If he then Protects or has a Sub, proceed with Cosmic Power.

Psychic (Bessie)/Ice Beam (Bohmander)/Cosmic Power ~ Psychic (Bessie)/Ice Beam (Bohmander)/Cosmic Power

Barricade

Spam Rock Slide, unless they successfully use Protect at the same time. If they do, use Stealth Rock.

Rock Slide/Stealth Rock ~ Rock Slide/Stealth Rock

Old 08-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

You want a brutal round, nar? Fine by me!

Bessie
All right, Bess, I think my plans have been anticipated and then shot in the face. Since that's the case, I'm going to save you for later and replace you with Chell.

[Chell] Charizard (F)
Ability: Blaze
Sig Move: None

Chell
I'm going to release you into the air. Just fly behind the turret on his pedestal and wait. When Rock Slide has been executed, announce your presence with Heat Wave.
Switch into air ~ Heat Wave

Bohmander
Bo, your job is a bit more... intense. You're almost as fast as Solomon; as soon as the round starts get your big behind in the air with Fly and you should be able to dodge the brunt of the Ice Beam. Then come down on him. Flip him over and sit on him so that he won't be able to shoot anymore Ice Beams out of that shiny gem of his. Once Barricade starts his Rock Slide, use a second Fly. Hang back while Chell uses Heat Wave, and when she's done hit Solomon once again.
Fly @Solomon ~ Fly @Solomon

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

What is the ATK power of the turret?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Closed Thread