Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Pokemon Tabletop: General Discussion and Help

Come here to discuss about the Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures role playing game, as well as ask questions about the game. How to be a Game Master and GMing-related discussion should be handled in the other thread.

Last edited by Iconoclast; 03-09-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: PTA: General Discussion and Help

I'll bite and say that as a person seeking a new RP experience, I would love to join this as your first member, ok? I'll get a profile down later, but good luck on this new game.

EDIT: Also, all the files are in order, except for that Tokens.rar file I can't unzip. Can you change that to something I can unzip, perhaps a .ZIP file.

Last edited by NES2; 02-28-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

I've been waiting for a hardcore Pokemon RP experience, and judging from the lengthy handbook; this is it. Do I just have to create a character sheet to sign-up, or is there another step I'm missing?

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
I'll bite and say that as a person seeking a new RP experience, I would love to join this as your first member, ok? I'll get a profile down later, but good luck on this new game.

EDIT: Also, all the files are in order, except for that Tokens.rar file I can't unzip. Can you change that to something I can unzip, perhaps a .ZIP file.
Yay, thanks for joining! I'm uploading them as a .zip as we speak. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
I've been waiting for a hardcore Pokemon RP experience, and judging from the lengthy handbook; this is it. Do I just have to create a character sheet to sign-up, or is there another step I'm missing?
Yeah, create your character sheet (see Will Townshend for a template). Then once we have enough people you can join or start a game. Don't forget to make a starter!

Last edited by Iconoclast; 02-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
Yay, thanks for joining! I'm uploading them as a .zip as we speak. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, create your character sheet (see Will Townshend for a template). Then once we have enough people you can join or start a game.
Awesome, I'll work on it now.

Also, are the 5th Generation Pokemon usable at the moment? I noticed them in the Excel document, but not in the Bestiary.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
Awesome, I'll work on it now.

Also, are the 5th Generation Pokemon usable at the moment? I noticed them in the Excel document, but not in the Bestiary.
Yes, you can use 5th gen, but only some have had their Pokedex made. This is still in Beta mode, so the creators haven't included all the Gen V in the Bestiary. Check the Links thread (I'm about to add the pokedex for Gen V)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Quote:
Yes, you can use 5th gen, but only some have had their Pokedex made. This is still in Beta mode, so the creators haven't included all the Gen V in the Bestiary. Check the Links thread (I'm about to add the pokedex for Gen V)
Alright, thanks for the help.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:32 PM
NES2 Offline

I just realized something from your profile Iconoclast. Although this is a Pokemon RPG, it appears to take place IN THE REAL WORLD according to your profile. Can't we use the Pokemon Regions instead? I don't like mixing my fantasy with reality, because then stuff gets CRAZY real fast.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Quote:
I just realized something from your profile Iconoclast. Although this is a Pokemon RPG, it appears to take place IN THE REAL WORLD according to your profile. Can't we use the Pokemon Regions instead? I don't like mixing my fantasy with reality, because then stuff gets CRAZY real fast.
I think we should be able to, heck any game I run I'll use Jentoh for the region. haha.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Well, you can if you want to. I've taken part in RPs in the real world, Hoenn, Orre, even in a new continent entirely. It's all up to the discretion of the GM. I'm not stopping anyone :P
Old 03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

I have an 8"x10" blank playmat in paint, along with an assortment of Various D&D tiles. I'm working on redoing these tiles to function with the Pokemon rpg. When I get these, can I make a thread for them, and any modifications people make? I made everything, so there won't be any creative issuse to deal with.

edit: each tile and square is 1"x1"

Last edited by Ant2011; 03-01-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I have an 8"x10" blank playmat in paint, along with an assortment of Various D&D tiles. I'm working on redoing these tiles to function with the Pokemon rpg. When I get these, can I make a thread for them, and any modifications people make? I made everything, so there won't be any creative issuse to deal with.

edit: each tile and square is 1"x1"
Wow, that's cool. It'll help out the people who can't use MapTool to play on the maps online. Go for it, dood!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Sweet. Map tool is good, but it was too confusing for me. YAY paint. (Let it be known I started the D&D tiles on my aunt's old EMACHINES desktop with WINDOWS MILENNIUM EDITION). I trashed that junk when I got my new baby. :3 Any tile requests? I'm gonna have interior stuff and exterior stuff. I have dirt, grass, tall grass, beach, trees, and water as of now. I'm going to do a default pokecenter and pokemart.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
Sweet. Map tool is good, but it was too confusing for me. YAY paint. (Let it be known I started the D&D tiles on my aunt's old EMACHINES desktop with WINDOWS MILENNIUM EDITION). I trashed that junk when I got my new baby. :3 Any tile requests? I'm gonna have interior stuff and exterior stuff. I have dirt, grass, tall grass, beach, trees, and water as of now. I'm going to do a default pokecenter and pokemart.
I'd like to see some volcanic tiles, as well as the hot spring and ash fields of Hoenn. Good luck!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
I'd like to see some volcanic tiles, as well as the hot spring and ash fields of Hoenn. Good luck!
The ash field shouldn't be too hard, I'm just dying the grass that wierd shade of brown.