Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Default Training Help

I've gone through BW so slow and now I'm at the League, but I'm stuck with a fatal problem: I need a better team, and I need advice for training my Pokémon. Here's my current team:

Zebstrika, Lv 44. Moves: Quick Attack, Volt Switch, Spark, Discharge
Darmanitan, Lv 46. Moves: Dig, Hammer Arm, Fire Fang, Fire Punch
Serperior, Lv 49. Moves: Grass Pledge, Giga Drain, Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado
Deino, Lv 42. Moves: Crunch, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush
Krookodile, Lv 43. Moves: Bulldoze, Dig, Crunch, Shadow Claw
Gothorita, Lv 33. Moves: Faint Attack, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Future Sight

Also, if you can help me with choosing better moves, please do!

Spoiler:
Old 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

Default Re: Training Help

Well, actually I think you need a new team, but since you're at the final of the game, let's fix some moves, so.

Zebstrika - Take Quick Attack and Spark out, they got low power base. Put Thunderbolt on instead.

Darmaritan - I think that Flamethrower (or Fire Blast) is all you need in his moveset.

Serperior - You have 4 grass type moves! What will you do if faces a fire enemy? Let's put some other type moves. Serperior isn't able to learn so many different moves besides grass, poison and normal, so put Gyga Impact.

Deino - It seems your best Pokemon, also, you don't need three dragon type moves in the same moveset.

Krookodile - Nice choice, but you have two ground moves and two dark moves, pick up one of each type and diversify this moveset like the previous party members.

Gothorita - She's okay, I think. Soon you should put Psychic in her moveset.

Last edited by Swampert Guy; 02-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Poke_Sakif Offline

Getting Deino to Zweilous is a long way (Lv. 50), but it will really help. That little bit of strength can come a long way.

If you want a team revamp, I would recommend a Water-type Pokémon of some sort. They have great coverage and Ice Beam does wonders. Seismitoad and Simipour are good examples.

However, if you don't want to change your Pokémon, changes to a moveset are great. Try and vary your set and use attack types that fit your Pokémon: e.g. teach special attacks to Pokémon with a high special attack stat. Some Pokémon can run both, like Deino and Mienshao. Use a variety of elemental types. Four Grass-type moves on Serperior is concerning. Dragon Tail is a nice move, but the Serpent Pokémon has a fairly limited movepool.

Regarding advice for training: that's tough. If you have a Lucky Egg - a held item by 50% - leveling up is much faster. If your Pokémon can't stand a chance against those in Victory Road or Route 10, the Exp Share is good too. The best thing to do is probably keep battling and collecting Exp Points: it's long and boring, but it works.

Be prepared to handle some extremely powerful Dragon-type Pokémon with levels in the low 50s. The fact that Zweilous does not evolve until Lv. 64 is bothering, that's why I prefer Haxorus earlier on and use Hydreigon post-game. This is just my preference, and this is your thread, so you don't have to follow my suggestions, but I hope they help.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

Use that Lucky Egg the professor gave you and take your monsters to the grassy area in Victory Road/Route 10.
Move around outside the grass until it shakes and take advantage of the fantastic EXP granted by Audino.
It's my tried and true favourite way to level a monster.
Once you've beaten the E4 the first time you can then take on the Audinos in Giant Chasm (which I believe are the highest levels available for them).

As others have said, simply throw some variety in your movesets.
You have Special Attacking fire type?
Great!
Throw on a Flamethrower and then fill the other slots with other Elements.

I'm no tactician, but this is how I made it through levelling,

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321