Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Forum Changes

Sub-Forums
The Game Boy Games boards for all the versions are now sub-forums. Also, all the Mixed boards and Other boards are turned into sub-forums as well (except for Other Chat).

This is done because I thought this is more organized than the long list of boards we had before. Also, the amount of stuff you need to load on the main page of the forum is now cut in half, which means loading the forum is even faster.

Quick Reply
The Quick Reply feature was recently added, this also speeds things up, since you don't have to load another page to reply. Just click on Quick Reply button on the post you want to reply to (depending on the skin, the button will look different, but it's next to the quote button.

Other Games/Cards
Other Games and Other Cards is now combined to make Other Games/Cards. The two boards are similar enough to be combined (cards are a type of game). I think it's more efficient this way, less browsing through different boards. I try to keep the boards as minimal as possible, unless a new board is really needed for a new subject of discussion.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: Forum Changes

Netbattle League
The NBL has been deleted again due to inactivity.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 10-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Good
Good
Good
BAD! :(

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 10-20-2005, 12:58 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Nice job, Ryan. Me likes. Seems more homey that way now.

Now if you could only combine the RP sections into "Mixed RP," then I'll feel like posting like before, again.

Well, there's that, and there's my broken home PC. *sigh*
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 10-20-2005 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:49 AM
lalala Offline
Banned

Thats all good and stuff but two problems come to mind...
Why haven't we been able to post attachments? Why cant we post new threads? And subforums are messy things. I've got a few on my forum, so I know.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:53 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala
Thats all good and stuff but two problems come to mind...
Why haven't we been able to post attachments? Why cant we post new threads? And subforums are messy things. I've got a few on my forum, so I know.
Attachments are not enabled since you can upload your images easily to several free places, like: http://www.imageshack.us/

You can post new threads, I've seen new threads in the sub-forums. The only boards you can't post new threads is in the Announcement board and the News board.

Sub-forums are suppose to keep things organized, and I think the way I got it organized right now is pretty easy to get use to. The main thing is to get use to it.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:10 AM
lalala Offline
Banned

Yeah I use Photobucket but still its a pain in the ass going to photobucket to get a picture...
Dont tell me I just just open up two internet explorers either becasue then my explorer has an illagal operation and shuts both internets down.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:14 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala
Yeah I use Photobucket but still its a pain in the ass going to photobucket to get a picture...
Dont tell me I just just open up two internet explorers either becasue then my explorer has an illagal operation and shuts both internets down.
Well, imageshack then?

What do you mean about those two IE windows you're talking about?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

He means that he won't open an IE window for PE2K and another one for Imageshack or whatever.

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 10-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Nice job, Ryan. These changes will definately make life easier around here.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:39 AM
lalala Offline
Banned

I fixed the explorer issue. Now it just slows the internet to snail pace. And I get a neato new profile. Yay for Ridko koshi! (the guy in my avitar)
Old 10-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Wobbuffet Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Wobbuffet

Cool. Too many board stink. XD And a list of sub-boards scrunched together looks weird. But.. ok. =D

Fallen
Evolves @69posts
Level: 100 @309
Old 10-27-2005, 01:53 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbuffet
Cool. Too many board stink. XD And a list of sub-boards scrunched together looks weird. But.. ok. =D
lol, well, it just looks different from what we had before, everyone will get use to it heh.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Sapphire Swampert Offline
Experienced Trainer

Exclamation Re: Forum Changes

Hey.. nice to meetcha... do any of you know how to get a new Gamecube link cable?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Swampert
Hey.. nice to meetcha... do any of you know how to get a new Gamecube link cable?
Hi, but stay on the topic of the thread. As for the GameCube link cable, you can get it almost anywhere that sells games, like EB Games: https://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/217030.asp