Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Television shows that you would like to see revived

They only dubbed half the episodes anyway before they poofed. Not sure that they ever gave a reason, but knowing 4Kids, they didn't realize that they picked up a series that got a little bit more...upsetting...towards the end and dropped it. I dunno, but go watch the subs.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The show was canceled due to "Christian Parenting Today", an organization that argued that it had an immoral and dark attitude. The organization managed to get the ratings down enough to get it put off air, despite it winning two awards. There are sixteen or more unfinished episodes that were never released because of its abrupt ending.
Overkill. I'm Christian, and I LOVED THAT SHOW. Dark? Yes. Immoral? ZIM'S AN ALIEN BENT ON DESTROYING US ALL. It's not like they made him look like the good guy.

This is off topic, but is there a topic to discuss games you'd like to see made into TV shows?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Kenyon Offline

Well, Hamtaro, Invader Zim shows are my favorites. Thanks for open a nice thread.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
SonicX. Improve the animation, get in SEGA's actors (this'll let some get in much needed practice, like Kirk for Shadow)...And allow it to get as dark as it needs to get. The third season was pretty good. I saw it like, two years ago. I was freaking 17 or so. He he.

I'd also like to see Moonlight return. 1 season for such a great show...It sucks. The show was great - vampire before Twilight. No sparkling! One vampire teen got BEHEADED by a ROLLER COASTER. I mean, COME ON. That's awesome.
Didn't they just run out of content for SonicX? Metarex was already a completely made up season. Unlike Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 which seasons 1 and 2 are based on, the rest of the Sonic games afterward would have been hard to relate back. Besides SonicX already heavily deviated from the two Adventure games as it is.
Quote:
Kirby. I miss that show...
I've actually seen the rerun on CW almost all the way through. There just wasn't moe to it. No new seasons, but agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaChew View Post
Pecola, I have not heard that name in a while. Looks simple but is quite watchable.

Mew Mew Power

If there was ever a show to put furries into a favorable light than this would be it. Altough I must admit that I do not really remember much about the plot..
To all you dissing this, I did not see any huge problem with it. Maybe because I didn't see TMM which it's a dub of, but it just seemed to get pulled for no apparent reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo Flame View Post
Dinosaur King: The one anime 4Kids had that they DiD NOT F*** up!
Didn't DK just end? Second season has everything resolved. Seems like there's nothing to go on for more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Overkill. I'm Christian, and I LOVED THAT SHOW. Dark? Yes. Immoral? ZIM'S AN ALIEN BENT ON DESTROYING US ALL. It's not like they made him look like the good guy.

This is off topic, but is there a topic to discuss games you'd like to see made into TV shows?
I for one am glad they killed Zim. Don't hate me, please. That show was DISTURBING. I liked the parts about Zim himself and his wacky ways at trying to take over the world, but there were some absolutely useless episodes (Like Pig Girl Gaz) that were just filler and pointless. And was I the only one disturbed by the Lice, Meat, Dib robot, and countless other episodes where stuff just happened that was too bizarre? Probably just me, but a lot of the stuff was just disturbing. A lot of the episodes also just didn't seem to flow. Like if Dib was stuck in a cage for months that he grew a beard while the bot took over his life, how was he fine in the next episode? Stuff like this.

Ok, now my stuff!

Teen Titans (the "anime" television show)

It just seemed to abruptly end, and last season was very bizarre. Almost as bad as some Zim episodes. They come back in the last episode, and they're STILL fighting crime in Jump City, nothing is resolved, and all it does is raise more questions. If anything, the episode before that was a better ending. Things Change just raised a ton of questions and basically created a cliffhanger. I would have liked to have a formal resolution of where each character went, and how long the team stayed together.

Cardcaptors.

Yes, yes, there were a LOT of complications with this show that WB didn't want to show to little kids. I had this explaiend to me. I honestly don't care. Without going into spoilers, unless the two people in question were shown in "positions" I would not have cared what was going on with them. I wanted to see the story anyway.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-19-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
To all you dissing this, I did not see any huge problem with it. Maybe because I didn't see TMM which it's a dub of, but it just seemed to get pulled for no apparent reason.
Just looked it up, most common answer is that they lost the lisence to it, but I also saw where it was mentioned that it was getting "too mature" for younger viewers--which I kind of agree with, though explaining would involve a TON of spoilers for those who decided to go watch the sub (though I will say this, the younger viewers would have been bawling the last two or three episodes)--which I heavily advise. 4Kids killed the dub brutally anyway, in multiple ways. I love the show, I love the manga, I just hate the dub with a burning passion because of the ridiculous crap 4Kids did to it, only to drop it halfway through.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
ronold Offline

KNIGHT RIDER! (Actually no, just kidding :P ) Maybe Quantum Leap that time travel related show. Quite old, did have a few seasons, not enough :)

Other than that most elements of a show can be found in other shows.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
PikaChew Offline

I must say that its kind of awesome to be able to compare the dubs and subs of a show side by side. If it was a choice between which one to watch though, I would slightly lean in favor of the subs only because they are closer to what the creators originally intended for the show. Having said that, the dub of anime(s) like Tokyo Mew Mew fill an important and critical role.

For example as I was watching the end credits go by, I wonder if this is something I would have watched back in the day, considering its bright colors and super sugarey sweetness. VERY unlikely, it would have been dismissed right away regardless of good points. I think 4Kids did good a thing. (and a good job of butchering it too, LOL)

Anyways that brings me to another show:

Xiaolin Showdown

I liked this one but I think it got stopped right as the heros were getting new power ups...

Last edited by PikaChew; 03-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Gee. Will Toei get off their lazy lower back parts and dub DXW already?! I want the merchandise!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
That show was DISTURBING. I liked the parts about Zim himself and his wacky ways at trying to take over the world, but there were some absolutely useless episodes (Like Pig Girl Gaz) that were just filler and pointless. And was I the only one disturbed by the Lice, Meat, Dib robot, and countless other episodes where stuff just happened that was too bizarre? Probably just me, but a lot of the stuff was just disturbing. A lot of the episodes also just didn't seem to flow. Like if Dib was stuck in a cage for months that he grew a beard while the bot took over his life, how was he fine in the next episode? Stuff like this.
Invader Zim is bizarre? Have you watched modern cartoons? Adventure Time? Amazing World of Gumball? These shows are just as "disturbing", and they are funny and well-written.

Did Courage the Cowardly Dog creep you out too?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Quote:
Invader Zim is bizarre? Have you watched modern cartoons? Adventure Time? Amazing World of Gumball? These shows are just as "disturbing", and they are funny and well-written.

Did Courage the Cowardly Dog creep you out too?
Can you even be civil on this board? First MLP:FiM, now this one. Ugh.

Honestly, she/he is right. Invader Zim's filler episodes were outright strange. And the flow was disrupted often. One episode Zim is terrified of bacteria, next he's fine. Made no sense.

I would like them to finish it, though.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Can you even be civil on this board? First MLP:FiM, now this one. Ugh.

Honestly, she/he is right. Invader Zim's filler episodes were outright strange. And the flow was disrupted often. One episode Zim is terrified of bacteria, next he's fine. Made no sense.

I would like them to finish it, though.
Did I attack anyone's person?

There is a difference between disturbing and being outlandish.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
UltimateBrawl Offline

I take you to the phrase "Did Courage the Cowardly Dog creep you out to"? This can be considered offensive, and given your track record? I say no more. I will report you if you message me on this, because this discussion is OVER. Finite. Ended.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM
winstein Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaChew View Post

Xiaolin Showdown

I liked this one but I think it got stopped right as the heros were getting new power ups...
This is the show that I want to see return, mainly because the last episode doesn't bring about any kind of conclusion, in which the good guys eventually won. Besides, we haven't quite reached at least hundred of those Shen Gong Wu. It's one of those awesome shows that doesn't seem to be continued, so that's disappointing...

Thanks for reading.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Sonic X. *grumbles and outrages in the background*

What? It was decent. Sure, they screwed with the timeline and brought in a lot of unforgettable characters(Although the maid was still the best), but it wasn't half bad. And look at it this way if you're a hater; it can't get worse, can it? Unless they bring in Silver, then we're screwed.

Also, Sonic had a dark transformation which inspired a TON of fan artwork, despite it only being on the show for less than a minute. Not to mention the whole Nazo thing that everyone wishes they made a new season for, the cliffhanger ending(kinda), and getting to, at the least, watch Chris get pwnt by characters again. It's a win/win/win/win. It really is. >.>

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
PikaChew Offline

Hercules
This was on for quite a while but I missed a few episodes so..

Home movies
Does not look too good at first but it proves that it is interesting after watching it.

Samurai Champloo
Someone mentioned Ruroni Kenshin but now that I think about it, we should just have all samurai related shows come back!