Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post

No, but it does denounce the act of continuously bashing someone after the situation has been resolved with an apology. There was no point in that post other than to be rude.
Who said it was resolved? Do I need to accept every apology made? No. That was me not accepting.

And sometimes being rude is what the truth comes across as. Being blunt is just removing 'political' fluff from your writing, in the end if I'd writen a less blunt and 'rude' response it still would have had the same intention; you'd just have to read it a few times to catch it. I like saving time and making things obvious.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

You notice that I have made one of the boldest arguments in this entire thread, and not once have I insulted anyone's specific nature on here. If I can be polite, I know you can.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-07-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

Actually, I am being somewhat polite. I can be rude if you want to be more accurate with your previous statement.

The fact is that I am just a sarcastic person, just how I am. Take any sarcasm as a grain of sand when it comes to me, that's my explaination, take it or leave it. Aside from my rant, no I haven't outright flammed anyone. But then again this thread isn't about me now is it? This could just be my aspies showing. Shall I overuse emoticons to show that I don't really mean everything as negative? :p
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

Actually, I am being somewhat polite. I can be rude if you want to be more accurate with your previous statement.

The fact is that I am just a sarcastic person, just how I am. Take any sarcasm as a grain of sand when it comes to me, that's my explaination, take it or leave it. Aside from my rant, no I haven't outright flammed anyone. But then again this thread isn't about me now is it? This could just be my aspies showing. Shall I overuse emoticons to show that I don't really mean everything as negative? :p
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Better yet, attempt to work on your speech skills if you cannot hold back sarcasm. I can be sarcastic at times as well, but I do not make every other sentence of mine acidic.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Text is acidic because you perceive it that way. :)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 PM

With that logic, calling a person a "mofo" is only rude if one perceives it that way. It is general knowledge that aggressive sarcasm puts people on the defensive, yet you proceed to do that. Expecting a logical argument from a person on the defensive is like expecting a person to scientifically disprove gravity.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

See but "mofo" is an insult. I have not "sarcastically" used an insult. Nor are you my mother. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

this thread has run its course. Its time for both of you to just stop. At this point your fighting over wording, none of which has anything to do with the topic.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

Thank you. I was trying to get it back on track earlier.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
this thread has run its course. Its time for both of you to just stop. At this point your fighting over wording, none of which has anything to do with the topic.
This very much has to do with the topic. She is overly sarcastic and comes off as rude. This is why atheists are labeled "arrogant".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom0990 View Post
Thank you. I was trying to get it back on track earlier.
Sarcasm and condescending speech is insulting. Funny how when a moderator is in your favor, it is alright and said person is not overstepping said "boundaries" you laid out earlier. Should I quote?

Hkim, a global moderator, was not rude.

Quote:
I apologize Phantom, if I have come off as holier than thou. It was not my intention and if that is what has been perceived, then I apologize for not communicating in a clearer fashion.

And Voices, I apologize to you. I was not saying that you specifically were attacking the faith. I should not have been so vague. I feel you are simply enjoying the debate as it were, in your usual analytical mindset. I do not wish for you to misjudge my words.

I simply wish to see this debate remain courteous.
A reply with anger and unjust accusation.

Quote:
^ Then why all the fluffed words? Just come in and say to keep it chill? This isn't real life. It's the internet. You don't say anything unless you mean to, otherwise there's this handy 'edit' button.

Translation, that's bull. If you wanted to say that post, that's the kind of post you PM someone. Not post publicly unless you are looking for attention.
Quote:
'New Trainer'? Really? Just because I am new to these forums does not hinder my legitimacy in correcting an obviously over the line moderator.
Quote:
And sometimes being rude is what the truth comes across as. Being blunt is just removing 'political' fluff from your writing, in the end if I'd writen a less blunt and 'rude' response it still would have had the same intention; you'd just have to read it a few times to catch it. I like saving time and making things obvious.
You are writing a reply in a debate, not a Youtube comment. This "political fluff" keeps things courteous and relatively peaceful. As Exon Auxus pointed out (this guy and I have never agreed until now), the insulting of Hkim is uncalled for.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Phantom0990 Offline

1. I am NOT a HE
2. I told you that that's just how I am, it's not really a big deal.
3. You agreed with me earlier on the other mod.
4. No it's not on topic. If you have some issue with me PM me, but don't drone this out in a thread.
5. I never insulted Hkim. I said I believe what they said was wrong, and no I didn't accept their initial apology.

Look, I wasn't going to say this. I hate to. I have aspergers syndrome. I seriously don't think that I did anything wrong. You're just imputing inflections on my words, making them sound mean. When they really aren't. Well most of them. The stuff where I was pissed isn't sarcasm or on any like that. I am blunt because it's how I express myself, it's something people learn to deal with. And trust me I am a hell of a lot better than I used to be. Sometimes when I get angry I say things and do things a little over the line, but your all out reactions to while I was trying to explain this is not called for.

Look I apologize that you misunderstood me. Just please, sarcasm is how I deal with things, mostly anger, so take it with a grain of salt. It's a lot better than what I could have said. Ha, trust me. (see?)

I am actually pretty nice once you get to know me.

But I do not consider myself arrogant. But even that makes me sound so.

Look, atheism in general has not made my life any easier. I was a DEVOUT Catholic. Hell Mass five times a ******* week should be enough to measure that by. There is a podcast I did with "The Thinking Atheist" I actually think you have heard of them I think you linked to Seth's site. I was on a podcast where I had written a letter to Seth and he read it on the podcast. It was the same thing I posted... somewhere else around here. Here's the podcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwD04RQlBxI I always like to plug in The Thinking Atheist wherever I can. :P
Old 02-11-2012, 12:11 AM

1. I apologize for mistaking your gender.
2. It is alright.
3. I said I agreed with you, but I would have phrased it far more politely.
4. You were appearing very hostile in the arguments.
5. It matters not how you perceive it. It matters what others think it means. I also have a bad habit of speaking without thinking.

The world is filled with sensitive people, and whether you or I may or may not think it is ridiculous when it sounds offensive or rude, we must be careful with what we say. Words can hurt people a lot, and believe me, I have learned that the hard way.

You were not the only devout Catholic here, as I was once one as well. I am also apart of Seth's forum on his website, and I continuously listen to his podcasts and goofy videos. There comes a line, however. It may be funny to be sarcastic, but many of those people who believe felt pain already (whether they admit it or not), and making fun of their "Skygod" or "fairy daddy" should not be used in an actual debate. I, too, am trying to work on making my words seem less harsh, so you are not alone.

Peace. =)

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-11-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Oh, that last paragraph was just me continuing the topic.

I can officially say that I have never referred to any deity as "Skygod" or "fairy daddy". Ever.

But that made me laugh...
Old 02-11-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom0990 View Post
Oh, that last paragraph was just me continuing the topic.

I can officially say that I have never referred to any deity as "Skygod" or "fairy daddy". Ever.

But that made me laugh...
I have heard those phrases many times from many an atheist. =/

Yes, if a Theist can get passed the sarcastic and thought conveyed by TheThinkingAtheist, I definitely think more people would be atheist. However, one cannot blame the Theist for not wanting to learn from a rude teacher.

I think the approach to deism (belief in a deity) should contain less Hitchslap.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Closed Thread