Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

All means are justifiable in some way. If it wasn't religion it'd be something else it's not just the religion's fault. It's the idiot's in the religion's fault. Saying that a particular religion is at fault for monstrosities (which were done by more political powers than religious) is oversimplifying a much more complex answer.
__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
  #47  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Jessu's Avatar
Jessu Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 3,088
Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Thank you for at least saying that it is dangerous. Not necessarily just because of extremists, but at least now we are getting somewhere.

I am German. I know all about the Holocaust. Hitler was Roman Catholic, and refers to God in his book, Mein Kampf. The hatred of the Jews stems all the way into the Catholic Inquisition. Jews were despised by Christianity, and many Christians still share that anti-Semitic viewpoint today.
What I stated is what I know about the Holocaust, really. I think a lot of American schools are just dodgy of the subject and are all "GO TO THE MUSEUMS ASDKFHAKLSJDF" and yeah.

But yes, historically, hating Jews has always been around.
... That much I can say, because despite that I grew up at a Christian school (that claims to be non-denominational but are really Baptist), they didn't do a good job explaining Christianity and its many different denominations, as well as its history. I CAN say that the books and chapters you listed are in the Catholic Bible, however the reasons for their removal in every other version, I have no idea about. Never bothered to research it either.

However I did mention in my argument that the books of the Bible weren't written by God, just written by people listening to God (at least I hope I implied that).

As for the hearsay part, I'll have to look into the history between Matthew and John before I go into it further. John the Baptist and John the author of that book are actually two different people, as the author was "the one that Jesus loved" and quite close to Jesus. Now that I look at what I said, disregard the hearsay part. I wasn't thinking. xD

The Ephesians verse you stated refers to having a close relationship with God.
__________________


kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.


| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
  #48  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
UltimateBrawl's Avatar
UltimateBrawl Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere epic.
Posts: 220
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Answer this. If evolution is true, and everything should be uniform and the same... WHY DOES VENUS GO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION?! You can't explain it. The impact from a meteor that SUPPOSEDLY did that would shatter the planet apart. God put that there to provide evidence against the non-believers.

I wash my hands of this madness, seeing as atheists and Christians apparently cannot communicate in the Internet without... difficulties.
__________________
  #49  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
What I stated is what I know about the Holocaust, really. I think a lot of American schools are just dodgy of the subject and are all "GO TO THE MUSEUMS ASDKFHAKLSJDF" and yeah.

But yes, historically, hating Jews has always been around.
... That much I can say, because despite that I grew up at a Christian school (that claims to be non-denominational but are really Baptist), they didn't do a good job explaining Christianity and its many different denominations, as well as its history. I CAN say that the books and chapters you listed are in the Catholic Bible, however the reasons for their removal in every other version, I have no idea about. Never bothered to research it either.

However I did mention in my argument that the books of the Bible weren't written by God, just written by people listening to God (at least I hope I implied that).

As for the hearsay part, I'll have to look into the history between Matthew and John before I go into it further. John the Baptist and John the author of that book are actually two different people, as the author was "the one that Jesus loved" and quite close to Jesus. Now that I look at what I said, disregard the hearsay part. I wasn't thinking. xD

The Ephesians verse you stated refers to having a close relationship with God.
I understand. Western education systems in general leave a lot to be desired.

There was a 100 year delay in the writings of the Gospels and the actual historical existence of a man and philosopher named Jesus.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Answer this. If evolution is true, and everything should be uniform and the same... WHY DOES VENUS GO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION?! You can't explain it. The impact from a meteor that SUPPOSEDLY did that would shatter the planet apart. God put that there to provide evidence against the non-believers.

I wash my hands of this madness, seeing as atheists and Christians apparently cannot communicate in the Internet without... difficulties.
I fail to see how any of this has to do with the debate at hand, but I will answer your questions.

Evolution is a fact and a theory. It is fact that animals change over time. It is a theory that Natural Selection influences said changes. The idea of Natural Selection is often misinterpreted by many who don't decide to read into it. The theory of Evolution states that animals change to adapt to their current surroundings, and ones that fail to do so die. You'd be an idiot to deny such adaptations. Macro evolution states that animals have links to each other. This evidence is found inside the genome of animals. Apes and Humans are cousins in the evolution and have a common ancestry as observed by DNA testing and fossil discovery.

Venus going the opposite direction? I fail to see how this has to do with Evolution either. I will answer this question as well. Venus' retrograde rotation is theorized to be caused by the same reason the moon exists today. During the Earth's formation, 4.55 billion years ago, a massive celestial body (asteroid) collided with the magma ball known as Earth. This asteroid crashed through the ball, which explains why the moon is slowly drifting away from Earth. The same event is theorized to have occurred to Venus' formation, though it is believed that the core absorbed the celestial body, rather than allowing it to pass.

You are using evidence placed by the devil to support your own cause? Tsk tsk. Oh, what!? *Spits beer out* I have never heard that one before. So an omniscient and omnipotent being enjoys tricking his own creations because he loves us so much? Maybe God put that Bible there as evidence to lead you down the wrong path.

We are able to communicate without difficulties if we be sure to research what we are talking about.

Quote:
All means are justifiable in some way. If it wasn't religion it'd be something else it's not just the religion's fault. It's the idiot's in the religion's fault. Saying that a particular religion is at fault for monstrosities (which were done by more political powers than religious) is oversimplifying a much more complex answer.
Agreed to a certain extent. Religious zealots, whether you like it or not, are influenced by religion. Religious zealots are powerful because they influence powerful people. Religion, in of itself, is something that needs to be treated with care and caution. Think of it like the force.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-02-2012 at 05:12 PM.
  #50  
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Agreed to a certain extent. Religious zealots, whether you like it or not, are influenced by religion. Religious zealots are powerful because they influence powerful people. Religion, in of itself, is something that needs to be treated with care and caution. Think of it like the force.
Great work. You seem to be understanding what I've been trying to tell you. Religion is something that needs to be treated with care, sure. But it also, and more importantly, must be cautiously and sensibly approached in order to properly decipher certain messages that can easily be misconstrued. The problems come when it isn't. Well then it's not the religion's fault that it's misunderstood, it's the "misunderstander's" fault. Religion is just easily used as an excuse (much less a weapon) to manipulate people because so many people have some kind of religious belief. This can be easily understood if you imagine yourself as a political figure. In order to maximize amount of followers possible, you must target a specific aspect of life that has personal significance to the most people. Religion is often that aspect.

And I suppose sometimes it's less of a misunderstanding and more of a willful skewing of religious teachings to manipulate people who know little about the religion, but choose to follow it anyway. I wholly agree with the statement that if it weren't religion, it would be something else.
__________________
  #51  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post


Great work. You seem to be understanding what I've been trying to tell you. Religion is something that needs to be treated with care, sure. But it also, and more importantly, must be cautiously and sensibly approached in order to properly decipher certain messages that can easily be misconstrued. The problems come when it isn't. Well then it's not the religion's fault that it's misunderstood, it's the "misunderstander's" fault. Religion is just easily used as an excuse (much less a weapon) to manipulate people because so many people have some kind of religious belief. This can be easily understood if you imagine yourself as a political figure. In order to maximize amount of followers possible, you must target a specific aspect of life that has personal significance to the most people. Religion is often that aspect.

And I suppose sometimes it's less of a misunderstanding and more of a willful skewing of religious teachings to manipulate people who know little about the religion, but choose to follow it anyway. I wholly agree with the statement that if it weren't religion, it would be something else.
I never saw another comment, but okay...? I came to a compromise, considering I reread what I wrote and concluded that it came off blunt and quick-tempered (I have had multiple debates going on at once on dA when this was started).

The Force, like religion, is used as a weapon by many Sith.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-03-2012 at 09:59 PM.
  #52  
Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Phantom0990's Avatar
Phantom0990 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 151
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exon Auxus View Post
It's a moderator's job to ensure all discussions remain objective and respectful. It's also not a New Trainer's job to tell a moderator how to do his job. Food for thought.
'New Trainer'? Really? Just because I am new to these forums does not hinder my legitimacy in correcting an obviously over the line moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessu View Post
Books and chapters were never removed from the Bible. Everything was decided before it was put together to best show the messages that God was trying to convey through people.

Yes, yes there were removed books. Many in fact. Pe2k Voices listed many.

But I will go through the verses you quoted and point out that what you're trying to say is simply a misunderstanding on behalf of the reader. The Bible is full of symbols and paraphrasing, and it takes a lot of studying to actually get what it's saying because of how it was worded back then. It's also due to the Greek and Latin translations that it comes from.



The first account is indeed stating that man was created after all the animals were. The second one, however, is just stating that God brought the animals He created already to Adam. I can understand the misunderstanding with how this is worded, but I guarantee you that what I say is true.

Actually it says clearly in the second that animals were made FOR Adam.

Your statement of the first account is flawed, as you forgot to include the verse before it (chapter 1 verse 26), which states, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Basically, that says God created a man, and both genders for the animals. The woman of the human species came later.


1. I was talking about humans, not animals.
2. Actually by using the term 'man' they are referring the the human race. Sexist society.
3. Animals in this version were made on the fourth day, man on the fifth.

Also then you forgot to include the rest of it. I can play this too. >:P


20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

(ANIMALS MADE FIRST)

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.


Argument won.

John 1:43 states nothing about John whatsoever ("The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.”"). John 3:22-24 is about the baptism of Jesus ("After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized. 23 Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were coming and being baptized. 24 (This was before John was put in prison."). Failed argument.

I have no idea, I think I was misquoting there. I will have to look into it.


1 Timothy 2:8 states, "8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing." which says nothing about praying in public, nor do the previous verses (or the ones after it) hint at it. It's basically saying that prayer should be done among men, as they are heads of the household.

1. It's heavily implied. I mean how can you dispute alone?

I see no contradiction, I see Matthew saying to do good works for the glory of God, not to do good works just for the attention.

Yes there is a contradiction. One says to do public works, the other says not to because they bring attention. All heresay.

You do realize that those books were written by two different people, right? Either one of those accounts could have been hearsay.

They weren't written by two people. In fact it's believed that John is entirely different and was written by an entire religious group. No one KNOWS who wrote the Gospels.


It looks like you misquoted John 3:13 (No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.). As for the argument you're presenting, I guess I can give you that. I'm not familiar enough with 2 Kings to be able to translate it.

I have a different translation. Different Bible. Basically it says that only Jesus ascended into heaven, yet Elijah did in Kings 2.


You failed to quote the verse before 1 Corinthians 7:6, which states, "5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." As for the other verses you pulled from 1 Corinthians 7, Paul is simply giving advice of his own will. Another failed argument.

What the hell does the previous verse have to do with that? Please enlighten me. No it's not a failed argument, you seem to not make sense.


I hope you realize that the Bible was written by MANY different people (some books state who the author is), and the four books of the Gospel was written by four different people, each writing from their own perspective of what they saw and heard.

1. The name on the book does NOT mean that person wrote it. It is a FACT that no one knows who wrote the Gospels. Have you NEVER taken a class on the Bible? You shouldn't argue this if you haven't. I hate to be mean but it's true.


The existence of those pronouns refers to God and his angels.

1. It's a theory.
2. God is not an angel why would he refer to them as an 'us'?


What does this have to do with how the Bible contradicts itself? Explain.

That wasn't a point how the Bible contradicts itself.


It's not a Christian's job to "keep someone nice and Christian." It's a Christian's job to spread the Gospel (SPREAD, not shove it down peoples' throats, as in, we're supposed to talk about it and not force it on anyone) and model their lives after Jesus' life and live by the fruits of the spirit.

Whatever good intentions some forms of Christianity say they have, that's what happens. Indoctrination. Look it up. Some people have no choice or literally don't even know of other choices.

And if your Catholic, yes it is. It's in your Catechism.



I agree, it can get dangerous, but that's because of the extremists that pop up and think that everyone should believe what they believe so the world can be at peace and not have to fight amongst themselves about what the believe. Humans like simplicity. If they don't know about something or if someone's beliefs differ from their own, they get scared, angry, etc., and do something about it.
Also, the Holocaust was just an extermination of the Jews because Hitler had an extreme hatred towards them, despite that he was one himself. As for his reasons why, I've yet to go into them, so don't pin this on me.

Good you admit, but yet you act ignorant. If your god comes to you and tells you to murder his enemies, would you do it? It is your DUTY as a Christian to defend your faith with your life should the opportunity arise. Milites Christi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBrawl View Post
Answer this. If evolution is true, and everything should be uniform and the same... WHY DOES VENUS GO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION?! You can't explain it. The impact from a meteor that SUPPOSEDLY did that would shatter the planet apart. God put that there to provide evidence against the non-believers.

I wash my hands of this madness, seeing as atheists and Christians apparently cannot communicate in the Internet without... difficulties.
1. That's the point of evolution! The world is ever changing! Nothing is stationary! That's the point! In fact the planets are called 'planets' because they are never stopping, always in constant motion! That's the point! If there was no evolution the world would never exist as we know it! We have PROOF evolution is true.

2. Venus- Earth's been hit by a rather large meteor. It destroyed most of the life on the planet. (Dinosaurs) The planet itself survived. Though it took a nice chunk out of what is now Mexico. And you see all those pock marks on the moon? Impact craters. Some even say that it (Venus) collided with the Earth... not sure on that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrograde_motion Venus isn't the only one that is Retrograde.

Got this from NASA, a few reasons why Venus is in retrograde.

1. The standard answer to this question and things like Neptune's tilt is that there was a large collision early in the planetary formation process. The models of planetary and solar system formation have the angular momentums of the planets and their orbits in the same direction as the initial angular momentum of the gas cloud. You need something like a collision to get anything else.

2. Of the nine (8) planets, a bare majority (Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune) rotate in a way we consider 'normal'. Mercury and Venus are slow, Venus, Uranus, and Pluto are retrograde, Uranus and Pluto are highly inclined. Mars' inclination varies chaotically over long (billion-year) time scales, so it is not always 'normal' either. It is only parochialism that makes us point and laugh at the zany antics of the other planets.

3.How a planet rotates is related to how it was formed from the accretion of planetesimals. If more impacts occur on one side than the other, then it will tend to rotate accordingly. But the impacts are largely random. Tidal effects can also change the rotation.


Curious, I know I have read it, but has anyone here, particularly the Christians, read the entire Bible? Not just the Gospels, not just the New Testament, the entire thing?
__________________
Fanfiction |Gamertag: PhantomX0990

Last edited by Phantom0990; 02-03-2012 at 09:58 PM.
  #53  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom0990 View Post

2. Venus- Earth's been hit by a rather large meteor. It destroyed most of the life on the planet. (Dinosaurs) The planet itself survived. Though it took a nice chunk out of what is now Mexico. And you see all those pock marks on the moon? Impact craters. Some even say that it (Venus) collided with the Earth... not sure on that one.



Curious, I know I have read it, but has anyone here, particularly the Christians, read the entire Bible? Not just the Gospels, not just the New Testament, the entire thing?
And to add to the amount of cosmic debris soaring through space, an asteroid traveling to this very location will come so close to Earth, that it will go underneath low-orbit satellites in the year 2029. The asteroid also has a 1 in 250,000 chance of circling back (due to Earth's gravitational pull) and striking us in the year 2037. This asteroid is named Apophis.

In the year 2009, pieces 72 space debris crashed through the atmosphere, 6 actually striking the surface.


I have read the entire Bible. Nothing made me doubt it more.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.
  #54  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Phantom0990's Avatar
Phantom0990 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 151
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

It's kind of scary when you think of the tapdance the Earth is making around meteors. And if it wasn't for scientists, not god, we wouldn't know how to calculate them, nor how to defend ourselves. Our atmosphere can't protect us from everything.

And it's called Apophis? Really? *shivers* Whoever thought of naming it after the Ancient Egyptian god of chaos deserves a smack on the head. It should have been named 'Fuzzy'.
__________________
Fanfiction |Gamertag: PhantomX0990
  #55  
Old 02-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,588
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Oh, here we go again: the stereotypical christian ****tards save the day again.

...Mere words cannot explain my contempt at these...rrrgh.

I'm not for debating religion or getting pissed at people who are atheist. You wanna be an atheist? So what? Why can't these disgraces of human beings mind their own business?

Yay, that's like the 10th reminder this week of how terribly I hate humanity! :D

By the way, I am so, so glad the people at my church are all modern and more liberal. Well, it's not that their liberal. Like, our youth group leader has openly stated in a discussion one Wednesday that he himself didn't really support gay marriage, for instance, but he doesn't care if other people do.
That's pretty much the kind of mindset of everyone: we're all tolerant. No wonder why I get along with them so well! That, and they're all just awesome. :3

But sorry, I digress!

Also, I don't really believe in ruling with fear. Umm. Yeah, I'm sure that's because my views on Christianity as a Christian are much more naive than all those crazies out there.

[quote=Wile E Coyote]“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?” [...] They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” [...] "Didn’t even one of them [accusers] condemn you?” “No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” - John 8:4-11[/url]
I totally remember us talking about that one Sunday.

Quote:
From a dogmatic standpoint, yes. If a person mentioned what God was like before the birth of his "son", then people would be like "What is the difference between God and the devil?"
Quite true.

Okay, sorry. Just thought I'd give my input.

But if that floats my boat, then that's all that should matter. Same with everyone else.
  #56  
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Slam Ander's Avatar
Slam Ander Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Hello everyone. It may seem strange that a new fellow is posting here, but I was directed here from a different forum and I could not help but be stunned by some of the ignorance displayed in this thread. Allow me to clarify a few things:

- Basing anything on faith is dumb. If I told you there was [an invisible pink unicorn/a teacup orbiting mars/a flying spaghetti monster], you probably wouldn't believe me, even if I told you you need to worship it or else you will burn in hell for all eternity. Why you would then belief that there is an ultimately paradoxical god that requires your worship is beyond me.

- Religion is unnecessary and detrimental to a healthy society. It has been established that any religion has the potential and usually goes through with several misdeeds from fraud (Scientology) to genocide (Christianity). One could argue that there are other ways misdeeds appear in society, and they would be correct, but that's like saying AIDs can also be transmitted through open cuts, therefore we should all practice unsafe sex.

Quote:
Answer this. If evolution is true, and everything should be uniform and the same... WHY DOES VENUS GO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION?! You can't explain it. The impact from a meteor that SUPPOSEDLY did that would shatter the planet apart. God put that there to provide evidence against the non-believers.

I wash my hands of this madness, seeing as atheists and Christians apparently cannot communicate in the Internet without... difficulties.
- While this question has actually been answered, I'd like to point out the stunning hypocrisy presented by the poster. They state that science cannot explain something, and then go on to say that an invisible sky daddy used an improperly rotating planet to somehow demonstrate that he exists.



Quote:
I'm not for debating religion or getting pissed at people who are atheist. You wanna be an atheist? So what? Why can't these disgraces of human beings mind their own business?
Quote:
That's pretty much the kind of mindset of everyone: we're all tolerant.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  #57  
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Mr420's Avatar
Mr420 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Battle Subway, Isshu
Posts: 3,912
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Question Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

i said nmaddog i love blasphemy!
i've posted and have (In Person) asked those "diehardhardcore crackheaded religious" rightwingers and I have never ben satisfied with the response to my question.
AND if i ever get a response its one of those change the subject answers which pretty much means you dont know how to answer my question.. i can see peoples brain fart happen...


THE QUESTION?
explain to me in as much detail how is it we in this society have discovered the fossil remains of pokemon...errr i mean Dinosaurs (all kinds mind you -flying/swimming/and land Dinos) BUT there have never been any fossils of titans such as the GOLIATHs of the past..

the reason i feel the need to ask this very Q? is cause some of "you" say things like "the bible was written as a literal historical yada yada mumbo jumbo" - - - i dont want to hear anything about goliath being "a figure of speach" BS...if that's the case the whole Effing bible is a fugure of speach and should not be taken as a way to live your life.. read shakespears Romeo & Juliete and live life as this book says to live it..

__________________

Pokérus Empire
  #58  
Old 02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Slam Ander's Avatar
Slam Ander Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post


THE QUESTION?
explain to me in as much detail how is it we in this society have discovered the fossil remains of pokemon...errr i mean Dinosaurs (all kinds mind you -flying/swimming/and land Dinos) BUT there have never been any fossils of titans such as the GOLIATHs of the past..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_of_Castelnau

Gigantism is not too uncommon throughout history. I'd be surprised if there were no giants in the bible. The Goliath story is probably exaggerated, but the idea that the philistines found a person with gigantism and put him on the front lines is not only something possible, but also likely to have happened among every large army throughout history.

I'd suggest instead pointing to the lack of geological evidence for things like the Great Flood, or a variety of other inconsistencies within the bible. If there's one thing I can't stand more than an ignorant fundamentalist is an ignorant secularist trying to argue my case but just making me seem weaker.
  #59  
Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam Ander View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_of_Castelnau

Gigantism is not too uncommon throughout history. I'd be surprised if there were no giants in the bible. The Goliath story is probably exaggerated, but the idea that the philistines found a person with gigantism and put him on the front lines is not only something possible, but also likely to have happened among every large army throughout history.

I'd suggest instead pointing to the lack of geological evidence for things like the Great Flood, or a variety of other inconsistencies within the bible. If there's one thing I can't stand more than an ignorant fundamentalist is an ignorant secularist trying to argue my case but just making me seem weaker.
This. Sorry Mr240, but that was not a good argument. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post

But if that floats my boat, then that's all that should matter. Same with everyone else.
If something is harmful to society, either intellectually or physically, this does not apply. Not saying that you do, I am just making things clear.

Not all Christians are tolerant. How many times do I have to say, 47% of Christians in the U.S are Evangelical? This means they are intolerant, anti-intellectual, Bible-thumping zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam Ander View Post



- While this question has actually been answered, I'd like to point out the stunning hypocrisy presented by the poster. They state that science cannot explain something, and then go on to say that an invisible sky daddy used an improperly rotating planet to somehow demonstrate that he exists.

Spoiler:
This is called the 'God of the Gaps'.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-04-2012 at 11:38 PM.
  #60  
Old 02-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: If by "Christian love" you mean hatred & contempt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I never saw another comment, but okay...? I came to a compromise, considering I reread what I wrote and concluded that it came off blunt and quick-tempered (I have had multiple debates going on at once on dA when this was started).

The Force, like religion, is used as a weapon by many Sith.
I replied, but it got bumped to the page before this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom0990 View Post
'New Trainer'? Really? Just because I am new to these forums does not hinder my legitimacy in correcting an obviously over the line moderator.
No, but it does denounce the act of continuously bashing someone after the situation has been resolved with an apology. There was no point in that post other than to be rude.
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com