Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc
Default New Dragon Type

As Pokebeach has announced, there is a new type being added to the TCG! Honestly, I think it's about time that Dragons got their own type, as being grouped with colorless just didn't make any sense. I say this doesn't make sense, because they ended up giving Dragon types a weakness to colorless which resulted in strange situations such as Dragonite being weak to Milktank.

Anyway, what do you guys think of this new change?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!
Default Re: New Dragon Type

It's good they brought it in, but it's a bit too late.

None of the old cards will be weak to dragon, but dragon cards will still have weaknesses, which will make Dragon's quite useless to begin with.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

We can still talk about this right?

I can understand why they never gave Dragon it's own type. Back when they were made, there were only three of them so it wasn't worth giving them their own type. Why make a type that only three pokemon will be part of? The same was done for Ghost. It wasn't until Gen 3 that we saw an explosion of Dragons.

I don't think it would matter if there are any pokemon that are weak to Dragon. The only type that hits Dragons are able to hit super effective against are themselves. The only weakness they have are Dragons (themselves) and Ice types. There is currently no Ice typing so the only weakness they will have are their selves. So I don't think it be much of a problem to bring them in. If anything they maybe similar to Normal types where they are a support until something allows them to get a good niche within the game.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:53 PM
most duded Offline

what about flying and bug types. maybe fighting rock and ground. and poison and gohst. have we forgotten these types. and ice.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by most duded View Post
what about flying and bug types. maybe fighting rock and ground. and poison and gohst. have we forgotten these types. and ice.
I personally cannot see a Flying typing to be made within the TCG. Within the games, the Flying type always felt to be a 'secondary type'. It just something that is tacked on to pokemon because they could fly. It wasn't until recently that a pure Flying type pokemon was made.

The same for Ice types. It was always added on to Water pokemon who could be tied into the cold. 3rd Gen brought in the pokemon to be pure Ice but for the majority it was still added on to certain types to help display their ties to the cold.

I do agree there should be a separation of the Fighting, Rock and Ground types. Just like the Dragons, we finally have enough pokemon to justify having their own type within the TCG. If anything at least give Fighting their own typing and keep Rock and Ground together because of their similarities.

Poison and Ghost could use their own typing or at least remove one of them to give them their own typing. The problem I think is that it would create a huge change in the game play. The same problem I can see happening with Bug if they were given their own type.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 PM
most duded Offline

ya, good point

Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Superdp Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Superdp

hmm good idea + point

Garchy (Garchomp)

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 PM
MightyenaFan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
I personally cannot see a Flying typing to be made within the TCG. Within the games, the Flying type always felt to be a 'secondary type'. It just something that is tacked on to pokemon because they could fly. It wasn't until recently that a pure Flying type pokemon was made.

The same for Ice types. It was always added on to Water pokemon who could be tied into the cold. 3rd Gen brought in the pokemon to be pure Ice but for the majority it was still added on to certain types to help display their ties to the cold.

I do agree there should be a separation of the Fighting, Rock and Ground types. Just like the Dragons, we finally have enough pokemon to justify having their own type within the TCG. If anything at least give Fighting their own typing and keep Rock and Ground together because of their similarities.

Poison and Ghost could use their own typing or at least remove one of them to give them their own typing. The problem I think is that it would create a huge change in the game play. The same problem I can see happening with Bug if they were given their own type.
i have thought about this since i started playing. the way i see it, it's not that hard to make different types. poison could be waters template, but purple. ice could be a snowflake with blue. rock/ground can be a rock with the color of fighting or light brown. flying, a tornado with white. ghost and bug, I'm not sure what to do but, it shouldn't be too hard. that's pretty much it, but i would agree that flying has been thought by 99% of people but, I thought it was a prime type needed to beat any game, not a secondary.you know what, i play and i honestly need to know if they're going to add anymore, because the more they add, the more confusing it is. but, on the other hand, it will give pokemon more individuality than before. i mean look at it, dragon gets a type so in turn, if this is a huge success, pokemon will think about adding other types like ice ghost etc., so really its not a bad thing that dragon was added. though i don't know where to get the dragon type pokemon/energies.

Last edited by MightyenaFan; 03-07-2012 at 10:19 PM.