Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:02 AM
UltimateBrawl Offline

Default Legend of Zelda: The Heroine of Time

Synopsis: The Hylian legends have long since faded away, remembered as games and nothing more. Thousands of years into the future of the world, the hero's power has been passed down to a young girl with his name. It remains to be seen if Link can defeat the shadow of her ancestor in a struggle to save not just the world, but existence itself from this being of darkness...

Not a crossover, not a shipping fic. Let it begin. Part one starts now.

Thousands of years ago, there was a legend of a hero who wielded a legendary blade called the Master Sword. He battled dragons, the undead, and even his own dark side to save his land and princess. However, his dark side persisted, always falling another's command but always trying to destroy the hero. Eventually, the hero's dark side was sealed away and forgotten.

After many generations, the hero's land, Hyrule, was safe from all further danger. He returned his weapon to the place from whence it came. In doing this, a spark of life was reawakened in the blade, but without its wielder, this was ignored by all.

It's now the year 2011 AD. The legends of Hyrule have faded away, now recognized only as games and not history. However, the power of the Hero of Time has been passed down amongst his descendents. Now, the new hero must take up the Master Sword to fight the Hero's dark side. There's just one thing.

The new hero's a girl.

“Link, sweetie, wake up!”

The thirteen-year-old girl opened her stunningly blue eyes. She sat up, her golden hair draped over her shoulders. Her skin was a sandy color, but smooth as a freshly polished tile floor. Link pushed the covers away, swung around till her legs hung off the side of the bed, then stood up. She was wearing a green bed robe with yellow triangles dotting it. She sighed loudly and began to get dressed.

When Link came downstairs, she was wearing a green jacket with a white shirt and khaki pants. She also had boots on. She liked boots. Her mother- a white-skinned lady with brown hair, a white shirt and blue dress- rolled her eyes. “Link, dear, why do you insist on wearing those boots all the time?” she asked in an inquiring, somewhat exasperated tone.

Link shrugged. “I don't know. I just like boots,” she replied. She sat down at the table, saw the food, and grinned. “French toast? Sweet!” She picked up her fork and began to eat.

The kitchen was quite large. Half of it was dedicated to a big wooden table with around fourteen black wood chairs. The tile flooring was white with grey in between each tile. On the other side of the kitchen was a counter that had five drawers, a chrome sink, a microwave and toaster, and a black carousel with several different kitchen tools.

“So, sis, whatcha going as for Halloween?” asked a blond-haired girl sitting across the table from Link. This was her older sister, Zelda. Unlike Link, who was a bit too good at doing before thinking, Zelda was reserved and calm.

Link smiled. “Probably him again.” She was referring to her namesake, Link from Legend of Zelda(her father was a huge fan, and her mother as well). “I've still got the costume upstairs, just gotta put it on before tonight. You going as Zelda again?”

Link's sister nodded. “I'm gonna go as her Skyward Sword version this time. Did you hear about the competition?”

Link nodded vigorously. The competition Zelda was talking about was this; whoever could beat any 3D Zelda game in one day would win a replica of the Master Sword and a day at Nintendo. “They said that the portable games are allowed this year. I'm gonna go for Skyward Sword myself.”

Zelda gasped. “But that game is so long! You couldn't beat Twilight Princess last year, what makes you think you can pull off Skyward Sword?!”

Link stood up and said, “I'm ignoring the sidequests this time. That was my downfall last year.” With this, she turned and left the room. It wasn't long before the sounds of the Skyward Sword title screen could be heard from the living room.

Link's mother sighed. “That girl just doesn't give up. She pushes herself too far.” She picked up Link's empty plate and began to scrub it with a soapy wet sponge.

Zelda stood up as well. “I'm going to go make sure my costume still fits.” She turned and walked to the stairs, headed up them, walked into her room, and shut and locked the door.

Zelda's room was a decent size. It had a white bed with pinkish covers and a soft pillow on one side of the room, a small closet on the other. The carpet was a sandy color, with the occasional stain. The walls were the same cover as the bed covers.

She sighed. A voice sounded in her head; “I know how you must feel, Zelda. Your sister is a brave spirit. She will be fine.”

“But what if she's not?!” Zelda asked, a sudden rage coming over her. “What if she's not ready?! It's not like she's the actual hero! If she was, I'd be fine, but she has none of his skills!”

“She has the Trif-” the voice began, but Zelda cut it off.

“Yeah, like that's gonna be any help without the-” “Sis?”

Zelda whipped around. Standing in the open doorway was Link, a golden Wiimote in one hand and a white Nunchuck in another. “What are you yelling about? Are you okay?”

Zelda had to think fast. “I was, uh, trying to figure out a good tone of voice for this one character in my book.” For the last two years, Zelda had been writing a book series with clear Legend of Zelda influences.

Link grinned. “Got a little carried away. Didn't you?” Zelda nodded sheepishly. “Well, Imma get back to my game,” said Link as she walked back downstairs.

Zelda waited until Link was gone, then shut the door, pressed her back against it, then fell until she was sitting one the ground, legs sprawled across the floor. She breathed a sigh of relief. “That was close,” she muttered.

“Why don't you tell her?” the voice inquired.

Zelda glared into empty space, then replied, “Fine. I'll tell you why. Because I don't want my thirteen year old sister to be KILLED by that black bastard!”

There was a dead silence. Then the voice said, “I think it's time I let you in on something. The spirit of the Blade of Evil's Bane is awake. She'll help your sister.”

Zelda gave in. “Fine, fine. But where's the Master Sword?” she demanded.

Again, dead silence. Then the voice said, “The replica in the contest. It's the real thing.”

Zelda stared straight ahead in shock. Her pupils had become spall black spots on her eyes. After a moment of confusion, she stammered, “B-but how? That makes no sense!”

“Make sure your sister wins that contest this year. Take care of EVERYTHING,” the voice said, ignoring the question.

Zelda finally caved in. “Alright. I'll help her, and tell her afterwards.”

Three minutes later, in the living room, Link had finally gotten to the second temple when Zelda walked in. “Anything you need, Link?” she asked.

The living room, much like the kitchen, was huge. It had blue walls, white carpet, and a number of chairs in a corner. The couch was quite long, and situated in the center of the room in front of a gigantic plasma screen TV hanging from a rod attached to the white ceiling. Below the TV was a desk that had a white rectangular box with a CD slot on the front laying on its side.

Link shook her head. By this time, her hair was tied up in a ponytail. “Nah. I'm good for no- wait.” She held up a hand. “Could you go look up the location of the boss key for the Earth Temple?” It was at that point someone knocked on the door.

“I'll get it,” Zelda said, walking to the front door. When she opened it, she was greeted with a dark-skinned teenage boy with a white shirt, black pants, and reddish hair. “Oh, hello Marcus,” Zelda said cheerfully, smiling while waving.

“I got something for your sister,” Marcus said. Zelda noted he was carrying a gift bag. Marcus handed it to Zelda, then said, “Tell her I hope she wins this year. I know how important this is to her.”

Zelda shut the door, turned, and returned to the living room. She held up the bag and said, “Marcus said he wants you to have this.”

Link took the gift bag and looked inside, then grinned and pulled out...

“A Skyward Sword strategy guide?!” Zelda said in disbelief.

Link grinned. “YES. Now I've got a much better chance at doing this!”

Zelda smiled. “Well, I have to head to the music store. I want to know if my harp's come in.” With that, she slung a purse over her shoulder and walked outside.

To be continued. Don't worry, it'll kick up a notch in a coupla parts or so.