Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default Velocity vs. Dino - Velocity Wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
(1) Single Battle, 1 Pokémon each.
(2) DQ: Three Days
(3) Damage Caps: None
(4) Restrictions: None
(5) Arena: The Glacial Suite
Imagine a big huge igloo, with stands and a telescreen. We battlers will fight in the middle, an all-out war for first place with thousands looking on. There's a small pool in one corner, and there's snowdrifts all over the place. It's pretty in an icy, freezing way. There's a 10% chance, per action, that a Pokemon will fall in the pool. It will become Frozen if it's not Ice or Water type. Damage dealt by Ice-type moves is multiplied by 2. Damage dealt by Water-type moves is multiplied by 1.5.
(6) Ref Style: Open
Ocea

Sharpedo
Ability: Rough Skin
Caught: Adoption Center
Evolved: Evolution Dojo

lv.100@1618
Links

Last edited by Dino; 04-26-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Velocity vs. Dino

BATTLE
of the freaking century. <3

[Serenity] Lapras (F)
Ability: Shell Armor
Signature Move: None

All right, Serenity. Use Hail and then Curse. If you're Taunted, switch to twin Ice Beams. If you get Tormented second action, use Aqua Tail on the second action. If he replaces your Hail with sunshine pray that the sun doesn't melt the roof and make it collapse use Hail again unless another condition applies. Just use Curse if he protects.

Hail/Ice Beam/Curse ~ Curse/Ice Beam/Aqua Tail/Hail

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Let's start quite simply.

Scald ~ Scald

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
KantoBreeder Offline

The crowds cheered and applauded as the two trainers took their places on the ice below. The crowd was bigger than the last time I was here, but not without good reason. This battle would be, to quote one of its participants, the “battle of the freaking century.” Two of the league officials were going head-to-head: Velocity and Dino. Yes, this battle could be one of the best in the history of the ASB – I just wish they could have chosen a warmer arena...

Anyway, both trainers had chosen water-types for their battle. For Dino, this was Ocea the Sharpedo, who was released straight into the freezing water of the pool. The shark snarled at the crowd, her teeth glinting bright white in the television screens. Velocity, on the other hand, had picked her Lapras. Serenity glid over the ice, ignoring the shouts and cheers around her and looking like a personification of her name. She looked straight at Ocea, who began to focus her own attention on her opponent. I blew on my whistle and pressed the button beside my chair, giving permission for the battle to begin. The trainers caught each other’s eyes for a split second, and then it was time to get serious – the battle had begun.

Round One

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Feeling exceptionally belligerent
Moves: Scald ~ Scald

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Seemingly very calm
Moves: Hail/Ice Beam/Curse ~ Curse/Ice Beam/Aqua Tail/Hail

Ocea decided that she would let her aggressive nature guide her for the moment. Boiling hot water welled up in her throat and she quickly spat it all over Serenity so that it didn’t burn her throat. The Lapras hissed and snarled as the hot water came into contact with her turquoise skin. The look of quiet concentration on her face was momentarily disfigured as she felt the heat sear her bare flesh, but she was quickly back in control and the peaceful smile returned. Meanwhile, she disappeared in a plume of white steam rising from the ice below.

Once the steam cleared, we could see white energy swirling around Serenity as she prepared to alter the weather to her advantage. She quickly released the energy into the air so that it spiralled upwards, and then exploded. Snow was swept up and whirled around the stadium as if it was a snowglobe. Despite being very pretty, the snow did have the problem of lowering visibility for the crowd, who shouted and booed vehemently. Serenity took no notice of them, however; she knew what she was doing without their backseat driving.

While her opponent followed the path of tactics and preparation, Ocea decided that she wanted more wanton violence. More hot water flew from her mouth coating Serenity, who howled once again. Steam rose as the hot water hit the ice obscuring the Lapras from view once again.

This time, a spiky, black aura surrounded the shelled creature as the mist lifted. Even through the thick veil of ice, we could see it pulsing and spiking as Serenity’s voice raised and lowered. The Lapras was singing an ancient chant, which would give her a boost of power, at the cost of a small sacrifice. As she sang, she felt her muscles swell and her skin toughen, raising both her offensive and defensive capabilities. However, at the same time, she felt her movements become slower and more sluggish; she shrugged this off – speed didn’t make much difference to her.

Meanwhile, Ocea was having a little trouble with the weather. The hail that was falling struck her skin constantly, causing her a considerable amount of pain. She wouldn’t show this to her opponent though, and looked her straight in the eyes, showing only her anger. The Lapras gazed back peacefully, but she knew that the time for violence would come soon enough.

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 94%
Energy: 86%
Condition: Pleased with her efforts

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 78%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Ready to begin for real; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed

Notes
Scald- (Rolled 4/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Hail- (Lapras -7% Energy; Hail is in effect)
Scald- (Rolled 8/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Curse- (Lapras -4% Energy, -1 Speed, +1 Attack, +1 Defence)

Arena Notes
It is hailing
Hail- (Sharpedo -6% HP)
Lapras- (Rolled 87/100, 10 or less to fall in)
Lapras- (Rolled 39/100, 10 or less to fall in)
Old 01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Use Night Slash.

Then dive under the water to hide from Lapras' second attack before attacking her back.

Night Slash ~ Dive

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

So that's how you want to do it, eh? All right, Serenity. Use Signal Beam, and follow it up with a Thunderbolt to shock him while he thinks he's safe in the pool. Switch to another Signal Beam on the unlikely event that he's confused and fails to enter the pool.

Signal Beam ~ Thunderbolt/Signal Beam

Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Dino

[Ocea] Sharepo (F)

HP: 94%
Energy: 86%
Condition: Pleased with her efforts
Moves: Night Slash ~ Dive

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 78%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Ready to begin for real; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed
Moves: Signal Beam ~ Thunderbolt/Signal Beam

Ocea grinned, showing her vicious teeth to her opponent. Dark energy began to manifest itself around her fins and she span around in the water to make room for her to build up enough momentum for what she had planned. She turned again to face Serenity and shot forwards like a bullet. As she approached the end of the pool, she leapt from the water and onto the ice and began to slide along the slippery surface. Her fins stuck out and she managed to cut along her opponent’s neck; the darkness around her makeshift knives entered the wounds, causing a little more pain than there would normally be. Without pausing for breath, the shark pushed herself off of her opponent and slid back to the water. Serenity made a sound of protest – it had all happened too quickly for her to keep track.

But now came the violence which had always been so inevitable. The Lapras opened her mouth and a ray of brilliant light poured out. It moved quickly across the ice and hit Ocea in the face. Bright light exploded in the Sharpedo’s eyes, making her scream in agony. She clamped eyes shut, but the light was still there, burning her optical nerves. The light slowly faded away, but when it did, the Ocea could only see the world spinning around her. This didn’t seem good.

She tried to swim down - getting under the water would be a good way to protect herself from whatever Serenity tried to do next. For some reason, her body didn’t react the way she wanted it to, and she kept banging into the ice around her pool. No matter how long she spent doing it, she kept running into the ice and causing herself even more damage – this tactic wasn’t going to work.

Meanwhile, Serenity was preparing to do some more damage to her opponent. Another beam of light blasted Ocea in the head, pushing her under the water. The shark screamed and thrashed randomly, spraying water everywhere. However, she wasn’t the only one in trouble: the heat created by Serenity’s attacks had caused the ice to melt, and now she was forced into the icy waters of the pool with her opponent. An uneasy look spread across the Lapras’ face as she eyed the violent swiped of the shark – she was even scarier up close.

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 56%
Energy: 73%
Condition: Thrashing at random; Confused

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 71%
Condition: A little scared; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed

Notes
Night Slash- (Sharpedo -6% Energy; Lapras -7% HP)
Signal Beam- (Rolled 1/10, 1 to confuse; Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -15% HP, confused)
Dive- (Rolled 8194/10000, 5000 or less to succeed; Sharpedo -7% Energy, -8% HP)
Signal Beam- (Lapras -8% Energy, falls into pool; Sharpedo -15% HP)

Arena Notes
Both pokémon are in the water
Lapras- (Rolled 54/100, 10 or less to fall in)
Lapras- (Rolled 2/100, 10 or less to fall in)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

KB YOU ARE AWESOME FOR THIS

Um, let's see if we can wrap this up quickly... Let's keep using Signal Beam because it's working pretty well and I'm lazy and boring. If he protects or detects, switch to Curse. If he dives, follow him down and hit him with Iron Head.

Signal Beam/Curse/Iron Head ~ Signal Beam/Curse/Iron Head

Old 02-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Bleh...

Avalanche ~ Avalanche

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Three

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 56%
Condition: Thrashing at random; Confused
Moves: Avalanche ~ Avalanche

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 71%
Condition: A little scared; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed
Moves: Signal Beam/Curse/Iron Head ~ Signal Beam/Curse/Iron Head

The audience were on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what would happen when the two water-types were forced into a small space. The cold didn’t seem to matter anymore – everyone was getting excited.

Serenity wasn't about to let them down. Light collected in her mouth again and she fired of another beam of colourful energy. This hit Ocea in the head, forcing her under the water, where she stayed for a couple of seconds, trying to gather her senses. When she felt ready, she swam up to the surface, ignoring the throbing pain in her head - she had to stay focused if she wanted this to work.

She spread her energy out into the snow around the pool. Slowly at first, but gathering speed, it moved towards Lapras. However, as this happened, Ocea lost control of her mind, causing the attack to miss and hit her instead. The weight of the snow forced her under the water again, and the coldness bit hard into her damaged skin. She gasped, releasing bubbles from her mouth. The pain was excruciating, but she had to go on - how much worse could it get.

The Sharpedo returned to the surface, to find that Serenity had prepared another beam of light. There wasn't enough time for the shark to dodge, and she was sent spinning into the bank of the pool. Bruises marked her left side and scorch marks covered the right. A growl of pain rose in her throat: she'd had enough now.

Energy spread out into the snow again. This time, however, Ocea was determined not to let her confusion get in the way. The stream of energy flowing out into the ice was constant and steady. Frozen water tumbled quickly towards Serenity, drawn by an invisible force. The Lapras screeched in pain as the huge amount of snow pounded her on all sides. Still, she was in much better shape than her opponent, who was looking fairly battered. This didn't look like it would take much longer.

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 18%
Energy: 37%
Condition: Hurt and tired

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 65%
Energy: 57%
Condition: Preparing to end the duel; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed

Notes
Signal Beam- (Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -15% HP)
Avanlanche- (Rolled 8762/10000, 7500 or less to succeed; Sharpedo -18% Energy, -8% HP)
Signal Beam- (Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -15% HP)
Avalanche- (Rolled 2437/10000, 9000 or less to succeed; Sharpedo -18% Energy; Lapras -6% HP)

Arena Notes
Both pokémon are in the water

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 03-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

I used Avalanche, not blizzard.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Fixed. The round's rewritten.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

;_;

Scald ~ Scald

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

You know what to do, Serenity.

FINISH HIM.

(Signal Beam spam)

Or: Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam

Old 04-18-2012, 04:09 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Four

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 18%
Energy: 37%
Condition: Hurt and tired
Moves: Scald ~ Scald

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 65%
Energy: 57%
Condition: Preparing to end the duel; +1 Attack, +1 Defence, -1 Speed
Moves: Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam

Ocea knew by now that her time was nearly up, but she wasn’t going to go quietly. She took in as much water as she possibly could and warmed it up inside her mouth to the point where she could barely stand it any longer. Then she spat it out so that it moved as one torrent, smashing Serenity into the ice that surrounded them. The crowd cheered at the losing pokémon’s sudden surge of courage, but went quiet as Lapras pulled herself away from the hole she had made when she hit the bank of the pool. Steam curled up from the ice, obscuring the long-necked sea creature from view.

Although no one could see her, everyone knew that Serenity was preparing her next attack, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out what she would use. A flare of light shone out through the veil and blasted Ocea in the dorsal fin, making her spin and pushing her down under the water. The blast of heat and light had done a significant amount of damage to the shark’s back, but the quick exposure to cold water had prevented any lasting damage.

The Sharpedo stayed under the water for a little while, sucking in as much liquid as she could; this would be her last stand. As soon as the water was heated up enough, she shot up to the surface, her damaged dorsal fin allowing her to slice through the water with ease, and came face to face with Serenity. The Lapras didn’t have time to defend itself before Ocea unleashed the surge of boiling water at her. There were screams as the hot water covered the plesiosaur and then a soft whimper, but Velocity’s fish didn’t back down: Ocea had failed.

The end came very shortly after – a flash of light appeared between the two water-types and then Sharpedo had fainted. The crowd cheered and the cameras switched to Velocity, who grinned and bowed, obviously pleased with the result. Both pokémon were put back into their poké balls and their trainers shook hands down on the ice before leaving. I stood and stamped my feet. No wonder they wanted to get out quickly: this place was freezing. As the crowds slowly filtered out, the screen was switched off and the lights followed suit. Eventually, the arena was left, waiting for its next competitors.

Dino

[Ocea] Sharpedo (F)

HP: 0%
Energy: 23%
Condition: Fainted

Velocity

[Serenity] Lapras (F)

HP: 43%
Energy: 41%
Condition: Glad to be finished

Notes
Scald- (Rolled 7/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Signal Beam- (Rolled 3/10, 1 to confuse; Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -15% HP)
Scald- (Rolled 4/10, 3 or less to burn; Sharpedo -7% Energy; Lapras -11% HP)
Signal Beam- (Rolled 10/10, 1 to confuse; Lapras -8% Energy; Sharpedo -3% HP)

Arena Notes
None

Winnings
Velocity gains $15
Dino gains $5
I gain $20