Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Latisiblings Offline

Default Re: [SU/DS][All Inclusive] Perfectworld Phase One

I've got the same question as PoD above my post- do we have to complete our SUs by the 30th? Because there's no way I can do both of my SUs in that time, unless I just give up on my tests :/

NAME: Vincent Gunhold

RACE: Human

PERSONALITY: "A really swell guy" is the phrase often used to describe Vincent. Cheerful, laid-back and optimistic, Vincent doesn't fit along with the serious, boring types, but most others will find him to be a friendly and helpful young man. He always seems to know the right thing to say in a situation, and is very sociable as well. As an exceptionally talented cook, he loves food, and carries a set of cooking tools in his attaché case to be able to make food when the situation calls for it. He dislikes starting any types of conflict, but when he gets his mind set on fighting he certainly will. As a person who spent his almost entire youth in the streets, when he needs to be ruthless he certainly can be. During fighting, his personality almost becomes the opposite of what he usually is: cold, deadly and merciless instead of warm and amiable. Despite this, during normal circumstances he is a friendly guy that can be depended on anything.

APPEARANCE: Vincent's appearance at first glance reminds many of a butler, not a cook. He wears black, formal dress pants, with his white dress shirt completely buttoned up and neatly tucked in. To go along with these, he wears a pair of neat brown shoes. Although formal-looking, these clothes focus on both formality and functionality, and does not hinder him during physical activities. His height and body frame are both somewhat unremarkable, both being decidedly average- Vincent stands at 5' 7" and is slender and lean. His hair is dark blond and messy, while his eyes, sapphire blue, are often friendly and upbeat. Contrary to his formal attire, he has countless scars around his body, but these are usually hidden by his clothes. Lastly, he carries a slick, black attaché case, the case itself carrying a variety of important tools, mainly his cooking tools and his weapon as well.

SKILL(S): As a normal human, he lacks any magical abilities, though they may be discovered at a later time. His element is Wind.

WEAPON(S): Vincent can use a wide variety of weapons- one could say that he can use anything sharp and pointy as a weapon, and then some. The weapon he feels most comfortable with, though, would have to be his kitchen knife that he has had since his youth. Around two feet in length, it was too difficult for him to use back then; nowadays, he wields it like a dancer's ribbon, graceful and agile. As a kitchen knife, it sees more use against more delicate materials,, but that does not mean it is ineffective against other people and such.

OTHER:

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?

Last edited by Latisiblings; 12-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

A reserve guarantees you a week, ehh...10 days after the 30th. So they are due on the 10th of December. If that isn't sufficent, then please alert me.

As it stands right now, I cannot accept your application. Just update that post when you're done, and I'll check it.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...

Last edited by Max0596; 11-29-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596 View Post
A reserve guarantees you a week, ehh...10 days after the 30th. So they are due on the 10th of December. I fhtat isn't sufficent, then please alert me.

As it stands right now, I cannot accept your application. Just update that post when you're done, and I'll check it.
Oh, okay. That should be fine. And I know it's not done; just a reserve for the SU. Expect parts of it to be finished at random time intervals.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Max0596 Offline

Okay, I'm not the kind to limit you. So here's your "guidelines".

-After whatever dialogue you wanna throw in, have your character see or sense a village in the distance. I'm sure you all have some good ideas.

-I don't know if anyone has evil chars, but if you do, they absolutely can rampage. The forest is endless and an illusion in itself, so don't worry about hurting any other beings in your vicinity. As it stands, I don't know much about your characters. I have some who evade thier origins, and others who lost thiers completely. Use your creativity.

-Lastly, a REVOKE of a rule. You want your character to be mysterious or remember thier past faintly? Do it. As I said, I want this to be the most open-ended RP ever to hit PE2k.

-This poses an addition of a new rule. Outside characters. You want them? Use them, by all means. Crossover characters are accepted.

-Now I need to tell you the rules of another mechanic. The Free Run.

-Posts are not in order during Free Run-they can be posted as much or as little as you want.
-Free Run events will usually last for 5 days. I'll try and set them on weekends so everyone gets a chance to post.
-Posts are in chronological order instead. Example:
Poster 1: *Character walks into town*
Poster 2: *Character walks into town, talk to/see/interact/ignore/whatever*
Like that. This way if someone gets "ninja'd", thier character can just be taken as not seeing the other. And just like that, it makes sense. Now the odd thing is transitions back into ordered posting. For this we need another thing:

Events.

-Events will explain something, and will be only posted by me normally. They will interrupt conversations, but my main character really dosen't care for your char's emotions. Sorry. It also makes everything a ton easier, so Free Runs don't carry on until everyone is relaxed and finished talking.

-As with posts of this nature, your next post will probably contain a reaction. Try and do this, it makes for a good post.

-When an event happens, the order of posting resets itself, so it flips back to me. Posting will then go in the normal order.

-I just want you to do one thing: Make some friends! Yeah, famous words from Celestia, blah, blah, but it's true. In that scene, Twilight is very sceptical of making friends and just wants to study. Obviously, it's much more entertaining because she ends up making friends. Think about wanting to study being a metaphor for wanting to get all your characters back together and thier memories fixed. I'm asking you to do the same thing. Don't focus on reuniting your characters so much, and try and meet some of the other characters! It'll surely be a lot more fun!

This concludes your Daily Update, thanks for reading.

Last edited by Max0596; 11-30-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Hmm...So "Free Run" is more like a "first come, first serve", basis?

And ordered posts - can you give us an example, exactly? I'd like to be absolutely certain...I've never had a RP like this before, so it's a bit odd for me.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:26 AM
Max0596 Offline

Not exactly, I'm sorry for not elaborating on the post number restrictions.

There is none.

About Ordered posting, here's an example.

Max0596: *posts intro* okay, you're up next, RPer1.
RPer1: *posts intro*
Max0596: Okay, RPer2, you're up.
Rper2: *posts intro*
etc etc, until finally...
Rper 9: *posts intro*
Max0596: Okay, everyone's posted. That means it loops around, and I'm next again. Then Rper1, then Rper 2...

Basically like that. I find it's a lot better for a cleaner, better RP. I will be splitting them up, so don't feel as if it's going to be really boring. Take the first round, for example. Everyone posts introductions, then there's Free Run. Also, the order of posting has been changed, as I realised that some were out of place. Take a look at that.

Last edited by Max0596; 11-30-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:05 AM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

Quote:
Not exactly, I'm sorry for not elaborating on the post number restrictions.

There is none.

About Ordered posting, here's an example.

Max0596: *posts intro* okay, you're up next, RPer1.
RPer1: *posts intro*
Max0596: Okay, RPer2, you're up.
Rper2: *posts intro*
etc etc, until finally...
Rper 9: *posts intro*
Max0596: Okay, everyone's posted. That means it loops around, and I'm next again. Then Rper1, then Rper 2...

Basically like that. I find it's a lot better for a cleaner, better RP. I will be splitting them up, so don't feel as if it's going to be really boring. Take the first round, for example. Everyone posts introductions, then there's Free Run. Also, the order of posting has been changed, as I realised that some were out of place. Take a look at that.
I've been in a few RPs that have used that style. The pro was that everyone had their chance to post, and weren't swamped or overlooked. Sadly though, if one person leaves without warning, it can very well end the RP as the others wait for them to return.

Does Free Run utilise that style, or is it "normal" style?

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 AM
Max0596 Offline

That's why I have percautions, Moonlight. Five days, that's the deadline. I will VM you when it is your turn, I can assure you that. Free Run is something I made up myself, I don't know if anyone else does the same as me. Free Run, in my mind, creates a balance between the normal RP style, and Ordered Posting.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:23 AM
The Luna Diviner

Quote:
That's why I have percautions, Moonlight. Five days, that's the deadline. I will VM you when it is your turn, I can assure you that. Free Run is something I made up myself, I don't know if anyone else does the same as me. Free Run, in my mind, creates a balance between the normal RP style, and Ordered Posting.
*Nod* That sounds fair, and should help avoid problems later on.

I guess then FR is just a loose Ordered? Just making sure I got it ^^'

Old 11-30-2011, 05:35 AM
Max0596 Offline

No, Free Run is post whenever you want, as often as you want.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 AM
The Luna Diviner

Quote:
No, Free Run is post whenever you want, as often as you want.
Oh, awesome! Re-reading your other message, I do agree that it makes for a nice balance. ^^

And, I should have my SUs started soon. Still gotta finish a few things, which are taking much longer then I'd anticipated. That's life though, right? ^^'

Old 11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Ordered posting? Hmm... I thought that that was always kind of a thing everybody assumed in RPing, lol, but maybe that's just me xD Sounds great, though ^^

Hmm... I REALLY hope that you don't do these "Free Runs" on Sundays, or else I'll fall way behind ;^;

And yay, Moonlight!!! :DDDDD AND METAL HI YOU!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Max0596 Offline

You've still got ten days, so don't rush it and mess up.

Yes, I thought it would be a great varying of pace, providing a unique experience.

So, the SU period is over. I believe it's safe now to start, keeping a few things in mind again, unless you missed my other mention of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0596
-After whatever dialogue you wanna throw in, have your character see or sense a village in the distance. I'm sure you all have some good ideas.

-I don't know if anyone has evil chars, but if you do, they absolutely can rampage. The forest is endless and an illusion in itself, so don't worry about hurting any other beings in your vicinity. As it stands, I don't know much about your characters. I have some who evade thier porigins, and others who lost thiers completely. Use your creativity.

-Lastly, a REVOKE of a rule. You want your character to be mysterious or remember thier past faintly? Do it. As I said, I want this to be the most open-ended RP ever to hit PE2k.

-This poses an addition of a new rule. Outside characters. You want them? Use them, by all means. Crossover characters are accepted.
And also, Introductions begin on the 3rd. Hope it gives you plenty of time.

As for Free Runs, they are FIVE day events. I think that'll be enough time.

By the way, just though of another character you want? I'll accept them until the 10th through PM. You can also post them here if you want, or just keep this character secret. I like secrets.

Last edited by Max0596; 11-30-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
The Luna Diviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Ordered posting? Hmm... I thought that that was always kind of a thing everybody assumed in RPing, lol, but maybe that's just me xD Sounds great, though ^^

Hmm... I REALLY hope that you don't do these "Free Runs" on Sundays, or else I'll fall way behind ;^;

And yay, Moonlight!!! :DDDDD AND METAL HI YOU!!!
CHAR! *waves*
It's fallen into that pattern, but when the RP boards were more active, things often got... chaotic. Kinda like it this way, much easier to keep up and track of things ^^

Quote:
You've still got ten days, so don't rush it and mess up.

Yes, I thought it would be a great varying of pace, providing a unique experience.

So, the SU period is over. I believe it's safe now to start, keeping a few things in mind again, unless you missed my other mention of these.

And also, Introductions begin on the 3rd. Hope it gives you plenty of time.

As for Free Runs, they are FIVE day events. I think that'll be enough time.

By the way, just though of another character you want? I'll accept them until the 10th through PM. You can also post them here if you want, or just keep this character secret. I like secrets.

Haha, 10 days is more then enough ^^

I think Char's just afraid of getting swamped if a lot of people post on Sundays.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

LoL, yeah... It would be kind of intimidating logging in one Monday and seeing a butt-load of posts to shuffle through... and then I might miss out on some action D: Then Aarilyn will be quite... er, put out, to say the least xD

I think I'm a little confused now...? So our firsts posts should have us entering the world, walking about for a bit, and then seeing the village? And our characters will remain separate until they reach the village? /makingsure

Quote:
-I don't know if anyone has evil chars, but if you do, they absolutely can rampage. The forest is endless and an illusion in itself, so don't worry about hurting any other beings in your vicinity. As it stands, I don't know much about your characters. I have some who evade thier porigins, and others who lost thiers completely. Use your creativity.
*has a sudden picture in head with Aarilyn blasting the forest up with her Lazer Scallchops*

>:3

(LoL, not that she's evil or anything xD)

EDIT: BTW, there's a typo in that quote above... I'll bold it /endOCD