Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Default 3rd Gen Styled Sprites of my Fakemon

I didn't really know where to put something like this and I looked where other sprites would be but I hadn't found any. So I'm gonna post here and see what happens.

So first off, these are my Fakemon. I don;t have any super real plans for them yet, but I am designing them in 3rd Gen style (64x64). Not all of them have names yet, and even their abilites haven't been figure out mostly.

Let's start form the beginning. The Koala Fakemon's name is Koaloaf and is a Grass Type starter pokemon. The big hulking Koala Fakemon next to it is it's final evolutionary stage that is a Grass/Fighting Type, but I haven't found out a name for it yet. By the way, fel free to give suggestions if you want.

Next is the Fire-type starter pokemon Bibo, the Tiny Bison Fakemon. I think it's a very cute design and a little layful. It's final evolution will be a Fire/Flying type (buffalo wings, anyone?). Next to Bibo is Platypie, theWater starter Platypus Fakemon. I think this thing is absolutely adorable, although maybe its sprite is just a tad too big...?

The Dragon thingy below Bibo is an unnamed Dragon/Steel type Psuedo-Legendary. Next to it is the final evolution, Drasyll, still Dragon/Steel with the Levitate Ability. I really love the designs of both of them, but the middle stage, like with the others, are giving me a hard time. Next to Drasyll is an unnamed Grass/Ghost-type and it's evolution. They can have either Cloryphyl or Thick Fat as their ability. The evolution's shiny and back sprite are obviously not made yet.

The last one I want to introduce is the final Fakeyman in the my dex, Voydde. He is a Dark-type legendary with an unknown abilty as of yet. I am particularily in love with this design, even if he resembles Darkrai as far as the hair goes, but whatever.

So, any thoughts and bla bla bla? Waddayathink?

EDIT: I just realized there is a sub-forum for sprites. Can someone move this thread to the approprate place, please?

Last edited by Pickleboy; 11-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: 3rd Gen Styled Sprites of my Fakemon

Ooh I really like your spriting style. Your Dragon/Steel Pokemon are awesome. Especially the pre-evo, it's so cute! And really cool design too. Nice to see a Koala Pokemon!

The Grass/Ghost type looks pretty interesting. Is it based off something inparticular?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
The Grass/Ghost type looks pretty interesting. Is it based off something inparticular?
It's based off an onion... nothing particularly special, really. I don;t think there's been an onion pokemon yet, and I thought it'd be interesting.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
It's based off an onion... nothing particularly special, really. I don;t think there's been an onion pokemon yet, and I thought it'd be interesting.
Ooh, cool. That makes sense xD I just wondered if it was based off some kind of ghost or legend or something. =)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:59 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

I'm too tired to give an in depth crit, but I just want to say, these are really good. My favorites are the big koala and the dragon on the bottom. I also like the buffalo. I'd like to see his final form.

All in all, these are pretty awesome. I need to get me some scratching skills...

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Thanks a lot. The dragon thing is my favorite design too, so far. It;s pretty hard outdo. But that middle stage is really bugging... how should I design it?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

I really don't know... All I can say is it should probably be in the middle o.o Good luck though.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:05 PM
SuperUltraZekrom Offline

I think all of them are REALLY good! I REALLY suck at scratching! Good Luck on the Middle Stages!

Derp

MY VPP:

Level 100: 1568
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

I do like these. You used the dithering appropriately--not too much, not too little--for the most part, but there are just these small details that are a bit irksome; mainly pertaining to wonkiness of some smaller lines, banding in the shading, and incorrectly-used selective outlining here and there.

They're all small details, but they seem to be a little abundant, thus are brought to my attention. Of course, it's really difficult to point out every little detail about something in just a few paragraphs, so if you'd like me to point something out, feel free to ask.

All this aside, these are very well-made and I hope to see more of these from you in the future.

Edit: Okay, I take back what I said about the dithering. Upon further observation, you did overdither quite a bit on some of them; mostly concerning the fire starter.

Speaking of said starter, it's cute, but in no way does it really notion at being a fire type. It really seems more of a Normal-type to me.
I'm aware that you may add more "fire"-esqued attributes at later evolutions, but it does help to have some type of indication even at the first stage...whether it be of a certain color scheme, maybe a flame here or there, etc.

Last edited by Speed-X; 11-09-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Well, feel free to tell me exactly what I'm missing. I've scratched very little before this, so usually I have to rely on official sprites for reference. That said, all of these sprites are, in every way, shape and form 100% custom, which I am rather proud of