Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Default Team I have, but a small problem

This a team that I've come up with (with some improvisition) and it does pretty well on PO, but I have a small problem (to be noted later). Anyway, here it is.

The Team in Depth

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Sunny Day

Whimsy... Trust me, this little girl has won me more games than I can count. Her last move is a tad unorthodox, but it deals with the weather-centered (rain and sand, mainly) metagame rather nicely (saved my life against a stallRein once, and got me several forfiets). I don't really miss the Substitute, though. This little girl has earned her place on my team.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Standard. Captures Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress... and kills. Deals with Waters nicely, too.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

For all of Whimsy's subterfuge, sometimes I just need brute force. Haxorus is my answer to that. Fairly normal.

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

Weavile does not see much action, but she has her uses. Weavile dispatches Dragons, and, more importantly, deals with Magic Bounce users that make Whimsy SAD... Useful.

Volcarona (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Rest
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

This is isn't a weather team, but it's nice to have someone who can capitalize on Whimsy's sun. Volcorona sets up death, doom and destruction in the sun, sweeping.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Weavile and Volcarona loathe Stealth Rock, so Starmie comes in to save them. He's equiped with an Expert Belt instead of a Life Orb; I found he died too easily with the latter item, and he needs to stay alive.

Threats

This is my one problem, my one bane. It can be summed up in one word:

REUNCULUS.

I haven't really faced the fetus, but if Haxorus is dead, I am. If someone can help me fix the problem (preferably without changing Pokemon).

Anyway, that's it. Please analyze.

Last edited by narphoenix; 11-21-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Team I have, but a small problem

my suggestion would be to use trick to stop it. that way it cant set up

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
my suggestion would be to use trick to stop it. that way it cant set up
Who would I put it on? Starmie needs Rapid Spin.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Dark_Azelf Offline

I dont get why Reuniclus is an issue. Encore on Whimsicott screws both its sets up up. Plus you have Weavile as back up.

In addition you can also bulk up that Volcarona set to check it in addition if you wish. 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe @ Modest.
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Freak-Pokemon Offline

Team Analysis:
Spoiler:

My thoughts at a glance:

What kind of team is this? I see 5 possible sweepers and one support lead/wall. Is this a Hyper Offense team? Tell me this, when you face your opponent, what is your teams objective? By that, I mean, what is your plan to win? Stall teams objective are to set up status or set up hazards around their opponents team and abuse efficent walls with type synergy in order to stall their opponent. I see your team, and I think to myself, what is their purpose. HO teams purposes are simple: outspeed and overpower their opponent. However, I see Whismicott and I see Magnezone which have no place on a HO team. I am going to have to assume your running a balanced team, since that is the average, and I see a lack of walls. Whismicott and Magnezone are your possible walls, and they share a weakness in fire. Weavile also hates fire, and that makes your team prone to sun (which I happen to see you run sunny day on Whismi).

Offensive:

I see; Magnezone, Haxorus, Volcarona, Weavile, and Starmie as your 5 possible sweepers. I see you mentioned Reuniclus as a threat, but, if you can set up with Volcarona before hand, it shouldn't be a problem at all. You also have too many sweeper for a balanced team. You need like 3 maximum, and so, I suggest taking out Weavile, Magnezone, and Haxorus. That should leave you with Volcarona and Starmie. They pack nice type synergy together. They form a fire/water core, and now, I suggest we put a grass sweeper to create a fire/grass/water sweeper core. I suggest Virizion as its Grass/Fighting type works wounders with Starmie, and, it also works wounders with Volcarona's typing. All three pack lots of speed, and can keep your offensive theme about. I see that Weavile really isn't doing much anyways, so you won't miss that. Virizion takes care of Ferrothorn, ect., Magnezone is useless now. Haxorus may have been nice, but you won't miss it because you all ready have enough offense on your team that he really isn't missed.

Defensive:

I see; Whismicott. Well, I already took out two Pokemon above so now we got some space for some walls! I suggest making a wall core that revolves around your lead, Whismicott (by the way, Starmie hates sun). Whismicott is a grass type, even though you have virizion, its fine. Now we should add some Pokemon to cover its weaknesses. First thing it first, Whismicott hates weather leads in the form of Politoed, Abamasnow, Tyranitar, and Ninetails. Politoed can run specs ice beam. Abamasnow packs Blizzard. Tyranitar mixed sets run both Ice Beam and Fire Blast. Ninetails packs STAB Fire Blast. Do not worry though, we can throw in Dugtrio to counter Tyranitar and Ninetails, your biggest concerns (as rain is helpful, and hail is weak anyways.). Dugtrio's Arena Trap prevents Ninetails and Tyranitar from switching. You can use this to EQ Ninetails (it outspeeds NInetails and T-Tar, run Dugtrio with sash.). Dugtrio takes on T-Tar too, as usually it tried to setup SR on the first turn. Lastly, we want something to deal with Dugtrio's enemies, and what better than Gastrodon? Ot has nice synergy with Whismicott in walling, and, it can fend off rain, and to an extent, hail.

Pokemon Set Changes:

Whismicott needs to run substitute over sunny day, SunnyD is not needed.

Starmie needs Life Orb over Expert Belt for more power, and Hydro Pump to dent Reuniclus better.

Sets:

Virizion @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Effort Values: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp

~ Leaf Blade
~ Swords Dance
~ Close COmbat
~ HP [Ice]/Stone Edge

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash

~ Sucker Punch
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthqauke
~ Reversal

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252 SDef/4 SAtk

~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Scald
~ Ice Beam/Earth Power

In Summary:
Whismicott: Substitute>Sunny Day
Starmie: Hydro Pump>Scald; Life Orb>Expert Belt
Magnezone < Sash Dugtrio
Haxorus < Gastrodon
Weavile < Virizion

GL
~ Freak :P

Last edited by Freak-Pokemon; 12-23-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Salamence tamer Offline

Angry Re: Team I have, but a small problem

Dude,he said he dosen't want to change pokemon.

Credits to SM from SPPF
Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Freak-Pokemon Offline

I know, but I see no other way for it to work :/
Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak-Pokemon View Post
Team Analysis:

Pokemon Set Changes:

Whismicott needs to run substitute over sunny day, SunnyD is not needed. Sunny Day is meant to trip up weather leads, not as a permanent condition. I haven't really been missing Sub, although I have seen a problem in tripping over my own feet.

Starmie needs Life Orb over Expert Belt for more power, and Hydro Pump to dent Reuniclus better. I am going to have to argue with you about that: one of Starmie's purposes is to spin, and he doesn't survive for long with Life Orb. Hydro Pump over Scald makes sense, though.

Sets:

Virizion @ Life Orb/Leftovers

~ Leaf Blade
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ HP [Ice]/Stone Edge
I think Virizion is a good idea, no questions asked, but if I may suggest an alternative:

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant
Effort Values: 252 Atk/244 Spe/12 Hp

~ Spore
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb

Breloom has the same type synergy with Starmie and Volcarona, more power, and, in the long run, much more survivability (especially since Virizion is running Close Combat. Seed
Bomb keeps Jellicent from slaughtering me.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash

~ Sucker Punch
~ Stealth Rock Problem solved. I was starting to get worried about my lack of entry hazrds. Thanks.
~ Earthqauke
~ Reversal

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252 SDef/4 SAtk

~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Scald
~ Ice Beam/Earth Power
Fair enough, although, considering the fact that he's packing Toxic, shouldn't Scald be Surf for more power?
You do have good suggestions. Thanks

Last edited by narphoenix; 12-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Closed Thread