Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Pokemonpal7 Offline

Default PokePal7 vs. 3DThinker -- 3DThinker wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DThinker View Post
(1) Single Battle: 1 Pokemon each
(2) DQ: Two Days
(3) Damage Caps: None
(4) Restrictions: No Chills!
(5) Arena: Devastation Arena
Spoiler:
An arena destroyed years ago by laser beam and falling rocks.
The dead people there seek revenge.
Damage and Energy is doubled. Nothing can stop this madness! PRESSURE is NOT negated.

(6) Ref Style: Open

Arena recycling,who's up for a quick win?

I think I'll try out the newbie!

Species: Shinx
Ability: Rivalry

Click the badge to see the gym menu at Pokefarm.com! My gym is The Tectonic Gym! Credit to Vasden2 from Pokefarm.com for the badge case.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 02-06-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 PM
3DThinker Offline

Default Re: PokePal7 vs. 3DThinker

You haven't seen my stats have you?

[Tyranee] Larvitar {M}
Ability: Guts

Use Earthquake
If he uses Protect/Detect, make a Substitute @ 1HP

Use Earthquake
If he uses Protect/Detect (and succeed), make a Substitute @ 1HP
If you have already used Substitute, use Double Team

Earthquake/Sub @ 1HP ~ Earthquake/Sub @ 1HP/Double Team
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Pokemonpal7 Offline

No, I'm not a protected or detected, and I anticipated the coming of a part ground. Shinx, use MaGnet Rise! Follow that with Ice Fang! *stunned silence from the crowd* Boosh.

Magnet Rise ~ Ice Fang

Darn, I love move tutors.

Click the badge to see the gym menu at Pokefarm.com! My gym is The Tectonic Gym! Credit to Vasden2 from Pokefarm.com for the badge case.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

I took a sweeping glance of the arena before turning my attention to the battlers; the place certainly seemed to have seen its share of battles over the course of its history. The ground was scarred as a result of excessive use of powerful lasers on it and there were several craters from what I can only imagine was a torrential downpour of rocks. The arena’s walls are just as badly off: most of them had crumbled into nothing. Barely intact on the floor were the boundary lines, which marked out the battlefield on which today’s battle would take place.

It seemed that it would be a simple one: two trainers, one pokémon each and no damage caps. However, it seemed that the arena itself gave off vibes which brought out the worst in the pokémon battling in it. Any attack that was carried out would do an incredible amount of damage, but at a great cost.

The two trainers and their pokémon were willing to take the risk. Everyone was now in position: Pokemonpal7 and his Shinx on my left and 3DThinker on my right with his Larvitar. It seemed that the ground-type would have a major advantage over Shinx, but perhaps Pokemonpal7 would manage to overcome the disadvantage. Either way, it was time to get this show on the road; I blew my whistle and waved a flag. Now the fun would begin for real.

Round One

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: A little bit worried; +1 Attack
Moves: Magnet Rise ~ Ice Fang

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

Energy: 100%
Condition: Thinks he has this in the bag
Moves: Earthquake/Substitute ~ Earthquake/Substitute/Double Team

It seemed that Pokemonpal7 had foreseen his opponent’s choice and come up with a strategy in advance. His orders were quick and clear – Shinx had to use Magnet Rise. Electricity crackled round him as he tried to create enough magnetism to negate the effect of the earth’s gravity on him. Slowly, he began to rise above the ground, hovering thanks to a magnetic field, which he regulated without too much difficulty. He was now immune to any ground-type moves that Tyranee tried to throw at him. The balance suddenly seemed to have moved slightly to Shinx’s favour, but it seemed too early to make a definite bet yet.

The fact that his opponent could float didn’t bother Tyranee at all. There were no shields around him so he had to stick with plan A and attack with brute force. He focused his energy into one hand and used it to hit the desolate ground beneath him. It splintered and cracked around the point of impact and the ground began to shake so violently that I was almost sent sprawling. But Shinx was unaffected. He watched the Larvitar make his move with a smile on his face; he knew that the amount of energy he used for that attack would be immense. At this rate, the baby monster would be tired out completely before long.

And it wasn’t as if Shinx was just going to sit and let him run himself out either. The lightning hound was going to put as much pressure on him as needed until he finally cracked. Icy energy swirled around his pointy canines, causing them to hit incredibly low temperatures. He then manipulated his magnetic field to allow himself to move closer to Tyranee, who quickly recoiled from the cold. Unfortunately, he couldn’t get away quickly enough and the freezing jaws were soon firmly clamped around his arm. The Larvitar shook him off and moved away angrily. He knew that the bite was going to sting for a while – he wanted to cause some pain.

Without thinking he went straight into the same move as last time. Energy poured into his unharmed arm and he struck the ground again, making it tremble and shake. The nearest section of unbroken wall crumbled into dust behind the ground-type, but Shinx was still unaffected. The grin on his face widened as he watched his opponent waste even more energy. He was fairly confident at this point – it seemed that nothing would be able to topple him now.

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

Energy: 58%
Condition: Grinning happily; +1 Attack; Levitating

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

HP: 62%
Energy: 36%
Condition: Not impressed

Notes
Rivalry- (Shinx +1 Attack)
Magnet Rise- (Shinx -12% Energy, Levitating)
Earthquake- (Larvitar -32% Energy; Shinx unaffected)
Ice Fang- (Rolled 56/100, 95 or less to hit; rolled 8/10, 1 to freeze; rolled 4/10, 1 to flinch; Shinx -30% Energy; Larvitar -28% HP)
Earthquake- (Larvitar -32% Energy; Shinx unaffected)

Arena Notes
The walls are crumbling

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 12-12-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Pokemonpal7 Offline

Quote:
It seemed that Pokemonpal7 had foreseen her opponent’s choice and come up with a strategy in advance. Her orders were quick and clear – Shinx had to use Magnet Rise.
who is her? I'm a guy. My Shinx is a guy.

Anyway, thanks for that round well go with some Ice fang spamming, Shinx!

Ice Fang~Ice Fang

Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
3DThinker Offline

Time's up but nobody put the notice so ...

Smack Down, if on your next action Shinx's still down on land (is affected by ground attacks) use Earthquake, otherwise Stone Edge

Smack Down ~ Earthquake / Stone Edge

Old 12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

Moves: Ice Fang ~ Ice Fang

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

Moves: Smack Down ~ Earthquake/Stone Edge

His confidence fuelling him, Shinx rushed forwards. Crackling white energy filled his mouth and chilled the air around him, making his fur stand up on end. He shot through the air, getting to be a master at altering his magnetic properties by now. Tyranee watched him come, bracing himself for what was to come; he had to take this attack and survive if he wanted his next move to be successful. The puppy bit down hard on his target’s body. The Larvitar screamed in pain as he was shaken around and tossed away. He rolled in the dust, but got back to his feet – he was going to take down his opponent by a peg or two.

Brown energy swirled around his left hand and he charged at Shinx. He wanted to get his vengeance and he wanted to get it quickly. Before he could get to that though, he needed to bring the pup back down to earth. He leapt into the air and struck the cub on the head, knocking him out of the air. They came down together in a crater with Tyranee falling on top of Shinx. They quickly broke apart from each other and prepared themselves for the next time they went for it.

Shinx was ready first and charged back into the fray. The same ice energy as before filled his mouth as he ran at his opponent. The Larvitar took deep breaths to prepare himself for the pain he was about to go through. However, just as Tyranee began to feel the cold on his face, Shinx faltered and the energy in his mouth faded. The dog groaned and fell – his energy had run out.

Tyranee stood over his fallen foe, the will to get his revenge slowly ebbing away. At the end of it all, he had enjoyed the battle, and he probably wouldn’t have enough energy to continue anyway. He sat down next to Shinx’s body with a thump, causing dust to rise from the ground. The battle was over now – he could rest.

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

HP: 80%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Fainted

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

HP: 34%
Energy: 26%
Condition: Reflecting on good times

Notes
Ice Fang- (Rolled 46/100, 95 or less to hit; rolled 4/10, 1 to freeze; rolled 10/10, 1 to flinch; Shinx -30% Energy; Larvitar -28% HP)
Smack Down- (Larvitar -10% Energy; Shinx -20% HP, grounded)
Ice Fang- (Fails, not enough energy; Shinx -28% Energy, faints)

Arena Notes
The undead are closing in. You should probably leave quickly.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Round Two

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

Moves: Ice Fang ~ Ice Fang

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

Moves: Smack Down ~ Earthquake/Stone Edge

His confidence fuelling him, Shinx rushed forwards. Crackling white energy filled his mouth and chilled the air around him, making his fur stand up on end. He shot through the air, getting to be a master at altering his magnetic properties by now. Tyranee watched him come, bracing himself for what was to come; he had to take this attack and survive if he wanted his next move to be successful. The puppy bit down hard on his target’s body. The Larvitar screamed in pain as he was shaken around and tossed away. He rolled in the dust, but got back to his feet – he was going to take down his opponent by a peg or two.

Brown energy swirled around his left hand and he charged at Shinx. He wanted to get his vengeance and he wanted to get it quickly. Before he could get to that though, he needed to bring the pup back down to earth. He leapt into the air and struck the cub on the head, knocking him out of the air. They came down together in a crater with Tyranee falling on top of Shinx. They quickly broke apart from each other and prepared themselves for the next time they went for it.

Shinx was ready first and charged back into the fray. The same ice energy as before filled his mouth as he ran at his opponent. The Larvitar took deep breaths to prepare himself for the pain he was about to go through. However, just as Tyranee began to feel the cold on his face, Shinx faltered and the energy in his mouth faded. The dog groaned and fell – his energy had run out.

Tyranee stood over his fallen foe, the will to get his revenge slowly ebbing away. At the end of it all, he had enjoyed the battle, and he probably wouldn’t have enough energy to continue anyway. He sat down next to Shinx’s body with a thump, causing dust to rise from the ground. The battle was over now – he could rest.

Pokemonpal7

Shinx (M)

HP: 80%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Fainted

3DThinker

[Tyranee] Larvitar (M)

HP: 34%
Energy: 26%
Condition: Reflecting on good times

Notes
Ice Fang- (Rolled 46/100, 95 or less to hit; rolled 4/10, 1 to freeze; rolled 10/10, 1 to flinch; Shinx -30% Energy; Larvitar -28% HP)
Smack Down- (Larvitar -10% Energy; Shinx -20% HP, grounded)
Ice Fang- (Fails, not enough energy; Shinx -28% Energy, faints)

Arena Notes
The undead are closing in. You should probably leave quickly.

Winnings
3DThinker gains $15 for winning and knocking out one pokemon
Pokemonpal gains $5 for being the runner up
I gain $10 for reffing two rounds