Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 AM
CrazyTrainer Offline

Default Hey

Hey I wanted to know if anybody really likes the 5th generation like that. I wanted to know even know I haven't played the game. Is anybody a big fan of the 5th generation.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTrainer View Post
Hey I wanted to know if anybody really likes the 5th generation like that. I wanted to know even know I haven't played the game. Is anybody a big fan of the 5th generation.
From what I've heard from a good many people, the 5th Gen is a very very good. The only downside is the Pokemon designs/names, but hey they've been declining since Johto. Personally, I've only played up to the 2nd gym, but it's pretty good so far. I'd definitely recommend picking it up.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
33Whimsicott33 Offline

They took a good look at how the game has played and fixed every major issue that has accumulated since the series pattern began. This is probably the best way to start Pokemon if you're new to it, and nevertheless gives the impact of the first Pokemon game even if you've already played one...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

At first, I hated the 5th gen, because of some of the Pokemon, but after playing through it, I love it!! I got used to the Pokemon, and the storyline has been the best so far. The graphics were outstanding! I highly recommend it!!

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 PM
atucker22 Offline

The new pokes aren't too great (an ice cream cone? really?), and the battle graphics took two steps forward, one step back, but other than that, storywise, it is great. One of the better campaigns (for lack of a better word), and they added many good new moves.

I definetly suggest it tot anyone who doesn't yet own it
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 10-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Giratina Offline

The new games are pretty much an improvement in every way -- story, gameplay, etc. -- except the Pokémon themselves, and to a lesser extent, the translation of them.

These games were the first ones to be made by a new translation team (I think; can someone confirm this?), which may explain why the new Pokémon names are as terrible as they are. Take, for example, Klink, Klang, and Klinklang. The translators honestly should have taken a cue from Magnemite; Coil and Recoil were just as bad as Giaru, Gigiaru, and Gigigiaru, and were obviously designed as a homage, but the English names don't need to be as gut-wrenchingly awful as the Japanese ones. (Also, there are things like Elgyem -- or LGM, Little Green Men -- which are just painful.)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

dont listen to the negative hoopla.
go out and get it, if you cant afford it steel it!, if thats an issue barter for it.

great graffx, all pokemon have animations which IMO maes it all better than before, it makes playing the old version like using DOS on your computer.

Pokérus Empire
Closed Thread