Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:26 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon
Default U.S. to pull out of Iraq after many moons of occupation by year's end

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...edName=topNews

DISCUSS!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: U.S. to pull out of Iraq after many moons of occupation by year's end

About god damned time.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: U.S. to pull out of Iraq after many moons of occupation by year's end

The conflict in Iraq was empty to begin with and we should have never been there.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

I agree: It was pointless, and about F***ing time we get the hell outta that place!

Dubya was foolish to try and end what his dad started.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:46 PM

I can see us fighting against the Taliban, but even then. Afghanistan will get us nothing in return for the lives lost there, or if they do, it will be in a long, long, long time.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
I can see us fighting against the Taliban, but even then. Afghanistan will get us nothing in return for the lives lost there, or if they do, it will be in a long, long, long time.
Afghanistan was a justified war, we were after Bin Laden and we knew, at the time, that he was there. Iraq, on the other hand, we had no legitimate reason to be there, and while it may have seemed like at least a benefit to get rid of Saddam, fact was he was the only one keeping the place from turning into a perpetual state of civil war and chaos that could allow extremists to take over. And the only thing worse than a supporter of extremists being in control of a country, is extremists themselves. Not to mention the sheer amount of money we've wasted there, can't forget about that.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fedora View Post
Afghanistan was a justified war, we were after Bin Laden and we knew, at the time, that he was there. Iraq, on the other hand, we had no legitimate reason to be there, and while it may have seemed like at least a benefit to get rid of Saddam, fact was he was the only one keeping the place from turning into a perpetual state of civil war and chaos that could allow extremists to take over. And the only thing worse than a supporter of extremists being in control of a country, is extremists themselves. Not to mention the sheer amount of money we've wasted there, can't forget about that.
Agreed. That being said, we need not be in Afghanistan for too much longer either.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Agreed. That being said, we need not be in Afghanistan for too much longer either.
Also agreed. We can't afford it anymore, and really there isn't much more we can do beyond ensuring the Afghan army is competent enough to maintain some semblance of order.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 AM

With other nations in the Middle East as evidence, I think that semblance of order will mainly include a militaristic coup.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-23-2011 at 12:22 AM.