Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
kr9q Offline

Default My collection of essays (and other stuff)

I'll be posting essays here. Sometimes I won't post because I don't have an essay. Other times I'll post something that is not an essay (thats why there is 'and other stuff' there.) Onto the first essay!

This report is on the Jade Cactus. The Jade Cactus is a succulent plant. Succulent plants are water-retaining plants adapted to arid climates or soil conditions. They live in the Desert Biome. Sine Jade plants are succulents, they require a normal watering when the soil is dry in the summer, and very little watering in the winter. Jades grow best in well-drained soil that does not have peat moss or other particles that will retain large amounts of water.
Jade cacti typically grow from two to four feet tall with a maximum width of about three feet. The ability to retain water in the thick branches and leaves allows crassula ovata to thrive in dry, poorly developed soils. This high drought tolerance partially accounts for their popularity as house plants, since they are very forgiving if forgotten about on occasion. Jade cacti are adapted to growing in full sun. Jade Cactus is considered essentially non-toxic (safe, not poisonous).
Illness from eating these plants is unlikely. People do carry allergies to Jade Cactus though, so don't go eating them anytime soon. Also, wash your hands, even if you’re wearing gloves after handling any kind of plant as many rodents carry a disease known as wheelbarrow disease which is deadly, they pass this disease on through their urine.

((I just looked and that's the only thing I can post at the moment. Please don't lock this. I promise when I get something I'll put it up as soon as possible. Again please don't lock this.))
Old 10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: My collection of essays (and other stuff)

I am not trying to hurt you, but you had best get your arse in gear and write a story quick before Gemma gets on and locks this.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 10-13-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
kr9q Offline

It said I could put essays here.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Mostly about Pokemon, but I don't know what it meant either. But essays...are very boring to read.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 10-13-2011, 11:21 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

And where did it say you were allowed to write essays?

'Cuz it says right here that you can't.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:26 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonKit View Post
And where did it say you were allowed to write essays?

'Cuz it says right here that you can't.
I think he/she was misled by the forum description of "Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime." :/ Still, who would come to a Pokemon forum to read essays? /vaguely reminded of a similar convo with a certain someone

But anyways, *cough*, that is not what I personally would call an essay. Frankly speaking, that's probably shorter than the length I was taught to write when I was 8(we were writing stories, mind you). I could probably Google 'jade cactus', find some informative website and do a summary which will end up longer than that because I'm pretty sure anything scientific would have lots of specific details/information. Plus is it about jade cacti in general or plant pests? The ending suddenly talked about rodents and wheelbarrow disease and I wonder, how does that got to do with jade cacti? I mean, really, who would urinate ON a cactus plant or anything else equally spiky? I am definitely sure that rodents will know the proper defecating place. (I own a hamster so I know)

That's all, toodly-hoo, and like Voices said, this is likely to be locked anyways. :/

ASB | VPP | Poetry | Art

Click please? :3