Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Nexen [RP]

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Velocity, narphoenix

I saw someone pull up next to the other guy who was trying to intimidate me in a very bad manner. I stared at him, finding everything unusually well timed by this person. I didn’t like the looks of him, then again I really didn’t like the looks of anyone who approached me, especially in that kind of manner. I didn’t see anything weapon wise in his hands, or anything weighing his pockets down. I didn’t move anything besides my eyes, watching him come closer. I let him talk, not saying anything.

"Allow me to personally assure you, we are all on the same side here, I give my word. I know this young woman very well. In fact, I came here to tell her something. Unfortunately, it is a bit secret, sorry."

What the hell was this guy on…some random stranger claims he knows me well and has something to tell me. Okay this was getting weirder and weirder. Never again was I stopping at abandoned roadside gas stations. I was getting a bit hesitant of this guy; if he knew who I was, there were way too many possibilities of how he found out that information. Who I was, I liked to keep on a very low, need to know basis. I still remained as I was, unfaltering, but in my head I was getting a bit nervous, it jumped when he came next to my ear, well where it was assumed to be under my hood.

"Look, you think I'm BSing."

Damn right I do…

"That's half true. You may call me Doc. My Sona's name is Dos. He is a small blue ball wearing glasses exactly like mine. Your Sona is the gargoyle, who for some reason can curl up into a ball and set herself on fire. I promise to you, I am an ally. Just trust me."

The last few sentences made me very cautious. He managed to give a quick description of Veza, and something about his Sona. That sounded a bit similar to what Veza had told me before. Maybe this guy was a Deviant, and had some ability to do this with his Sona? I had no idea, but asking me to trust him was something that wasn’t gonna happen right away. Hell no. I stood there, staring at him for a few minutes before I said anything. Without closing my eyes, I called Veza into my mind.

‘Tell me you know a blue ball named Dos.’

‘I do…he’s the jawbreaker that made it through Enfin…’

‘I think his Deviant just ID’d me as your Deviant.’

‘…that’s…what?’

‘I don’t know either but he described you, after pulling up to this gas station.’

‘…never again with the abandoned gas stations.’
I heard Veza say. ‘Anyway, never mind the phone, Gesser says he can do some repairs, and the other Sona’s I’m with, their Deviants will be coming too, they need a new car.’

‘Maybe we’ll meet up then. See you.’

I returned to complete consciousness, still staring at this guy called Doc. I looked at him again, he finally turned towards my bike. I was ready to leave before some WAE helicopter happened to see this odd gathering they could easily pin as Deviant activity.

“Trust is something earned…” I replied. “IF you’re an ally help him over there. I’m going south to see my mechanic, you can follow and bring him with you.”

I turned back to my only means of transportation, checking my pack again to make sure nothing had changed. I checked it at least five times a day if not more. All of my precious possessions were in that bag. You could say that was the only thing bringing me back to sanity. I sat down on the seat and put my helmet on, turning back to see if the other two were going to bother following me. After waiting for what I thought was a decent amount of time, I started her up, revved the engine and went on my way.

Next stop, Grants Pass.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: Anyone involved in the Antitivity battle

I listened to the trio of Sona’s explained to Gesser that their own Deviants needed a ride. He nodded and listened carefully, noting that they needed a van. The mammalian hybrid nodded, and held up a paw, signalling he was going to be right back. He stepped into the back, as I knew that Gesser kept track of everything his Deviant told him, practically copying all of his records from Reality into Nexen. There was a moment of waiting, where I took the chance to find a space on the floor and sit down for once. Being as large as I was, small spaces and I didn’t go together. I sat, waiting and watching in quiet, until Gesser came back out.

“I think we has a ride fer ya Dev’s.” He told the three of them. “If yous all can get to Grants Pass, and find the large junkyard there, I’m sure V can help walks ya through getting’ to my Dev’s.”

As Gesser explained what was going on, I felt my own Deviant poking at my mind. I responded quickly, noticing she wasn’t in a full meditating state, I had a reason to be worried.

‘Tell me you know a blue ball named Dos.’

I found the question rather odd, one for the reason it was out of the blue, two because that was the name of the Deviant who informed us of the impending attack we just fought off.

‘I do…he’s the jawbreaker that made it through Enfin…’

‘I think his Deviant just ID’d me as your Deviant.’

‘…that’s…what?’

‘I don’t know either but he described you, after pulling up to this gas station.’

‘…never again with the abandoned gas stations.’ Rolling my eyes mentally at this, just because she happened to stop at a gas station. ‘Anyway, never mind the phone, Gesser says he can do some repairs, and the other Sona’s I’m with, their Deviants will be coming too, they need a new car.’

‘Maybe we’ll meet up then. See you.’

That would have been interesting. I wonder what their Deviants looked like, or what Amiel looked like. I had a vague idea, and of course, she had a somewhat guess as to what I looked like; she made me. Still, some things changed a bit from the original design, myself, was one of those big exceptions. I came back out of it, just as Gesser finished explaining about the van. I looked at him.

“Everything quiet?”

“Locked up tighter than a wrenched monkey.”

“Thanks.”

I stood up, ready to give out the information that was either going to make or break me. I knew the gems on my neck were changing colour to a dark blue, the only time I turned serious, well, this serious while still being in complete control of myself anyway. I tried to relax, but doing this was not easy.

“My overdue explanation…” I began, finding no other way to get it out. “Like the rest of us still living Sona’s, I’m trying to stop the Antitivity, and WAE. However as some of you may have noticed I’m not a normal Sona. My Deviant isn’t a normal one either.”

Here comes the kicker…

“I’m the Sona that broke free from WAE.”

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Winter and Velocity

Adrian almost smiled at Ryza’s spirit, knowing that’s exactly what he needed in order for his plan to become a success. He stood, listening to Theresa’s words and thinking things through carefully. He put his hands behind his back, staring off into nothing it seemed for a few minutes, as if, something was there, talking to him. He nodded his head once, then returned to his employee, ready with an answer.

“You may. Do be careful, the younger the age, the more weapons they have at hand. You may be dismissed.”

Adrian knew this was true, the younger people were the more imaginative and creative they were. Somehow, as people got older, they more or less lost some of that somewhere along in life. He turned for Ryza and Nova to follow him down the hall, with metal doors down either side, giving off a hypnotic impression it went on forever in redundancy and repetition. As he walked, Adrian said nothing for a while, walking ahead of the two, leading them to who knew where.

“I will have to do something about those scientists…they attempted to restrain and manipulate something they feared…only to have it work the other way around.” He said, almost as if it were an out loud thought. “That’s not something we can have, with what we want to achieve. Fear cannot be present if we want peace.”

The albino continued walking, almost too quietly down the hallway as his footsteps echoed only slightly. He remained quiet for a while until he suddenly stopped in his tracks, staring forward before turning to Nova and Ryza.

“Nova, I want you to continue to work with Ryza.” He stated in a light air. “As long as Ryza wants you around, that is. I’m sure she would like to go somewhere more…vibrant? We’ve had a plan to send in a small guerilla squad to Japan, seeing as the WAE is less apparent in that region. We have reason to believe it may be a sanctuary for Deviants and would only be a matter of time before a large terrorising assault happened on our grounds. When she is ready and refreshed, we could start with our work there?”

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 02-26-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

OOC: Ouch, My group has a loooooooooong drive ahead. XD Google maps says 6 hours and 42 mins estimated drive time... Yeah, there will be a side-of-the-road car jacking somewhere.

Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk
Deviant Tungz, Tattu, and Graphix
I-80, California(USA)
ARPers: Velocity(Daniel)

Shiba smiled at the boy encouragingly, he looked like he was slowly drowning in all the information they'd just dumped on him. "I know, sounds kinda crazy, huh? I joined up after living on the street for years with my brother, and we had to fight for everything we had. When Grim told me 'You're in, no need to fight me to join,' I thought it was crazy... What I'm trying to say is this--I know what it feels like to be the odd one out," she tried to reassure him. Moments later, the boy spoke up, holding up a mechanical pencil and shook it to show it was empty before asking if anyone had lead. Argeno laughed softly in response.

"I said I was a graphix, didn't I? However I don't have lead, just normal pencils, if you don't mind--more sturdy and they're better for shading and such," he replied before tilting his head slightly towards Shiba. "Dear, would you mind getting him a pencil outta my bag?" he asked Shiba, who nodded, reaching over and shoving her hand into the brown messenger bag wedged between her legs and Argeno's. She dug around for a moment before pulling out a plain number 2 pencil and handed it to Daniel.

"There you go," she murmured before stiffening.

/Little Shiri says that Al is asleep, so I should contact you. Anyway, if you can get to a junk yard Grants Pass, you guys might have some help with the car problem, and you might meet some others like you,/ her Sona informed her Deviant politely, Shiba sighed.

/That's a good ways, I think, but we might as well try. Not like we have anything better to do,/ Shiba replied, a soft laughed filled her head.

/And you know you want to meet more Deviants,/ Kari tacked on. /The more the--/ her message was cut off in a massive flood of surprise.

"Kari? Kari!" Shiba had to stop herself from jerking forward in her seat, Argeno's hands tightened sharply on the steering wheel and he nearly swerved, seeming to have been blindsided with the same surprise and Shiba's gasp.

"What's going on?" Argeno asked, voice tight.

"I don't know, Kari was telling me something about Grants Pass and how we might get help there, and then she hit me with this feeling of surprise..." Shiba shook her head. /Kari? Dangit, Kari, answer me!/ her mind practically screamed, searching out her Sona in panic.

/I...well... A car might not be the only thing they can help us with.../ finally came the weak response.

Shiri Namida, Kari Penn, and Silverstreak Watermark
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone involved with the fight against the Antitivity

"You mind relaying that info about Grants pass to Shiba, Kari? I think Al's asleep," Shiri said before looking to Gesser and smiling. "Thank you, hopefully they can get there without much issue."

It was while Kari was relaying information to Shiba that Veza started speaking about who she was. Sure, a crazy story was to be expected--they all had their fair share of those. But not the complete insanity that spilled from the Sona's mouth. She could have said anything, but the moment she said "I’m the Sona that broke free from WAE,” the three Sonas exploded. Shiri's entire form entire form shivered and became clear for a moment before she was shouting.

"You're what?!" She shouted in unison with Kari as Silverstreak's head jerked free from Kari's face. Possibilities flooded the minds of all three, but mostly the possibility of reclaiming those lost to their Deviants and themselves. To Shiri, what stuck out most, was the idea that she could save Al, the possibility that they could free her brother and sister, maybe even her parents, if any of them were still alive and give Al back the life she should have had. Could give back everyone the lives they should have had, lives with color and art, and music, everything... The possibilities were staggering.

And now suddenly, there was a reason to believe possibility could become reality.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: Sabi(Adrian) and Velocity(Teri)

Behind her sunglasses, Ryza's eyes narrowed at Teri as she spoke of wanting to interrogate some twelve year-old Tungz kid, talking down about the poor kid and downplaying his abilities as though the kid were complete trash. Her hand was halfway to her sunglasses before Nova caught it with a soft "Ryza!" as reminder. She made a soft growl as she pushed down the urge to fight Nova and snatch off the glasses to challenge Teri's ability to withstand her own twisted gift.

"I'd drop that confidence of yours. It leads to rather twisted things, in my own experience," the girl said softly, a gentle smile twisting on her lips. "The scientists who worked on me were confident that they could bend my powers to their will, and in that twisted them so much that I ended up as what I am today. Now many of them refuse to come near me because the powers they bent have twisted so much that suddenly what they sought to control was being used against them. Nova knows, I got tired of listening to him talk once, and so he got to see my eyes." The scientist visibly shuddered at the memory, but still held her hand in his own. "We get along now, but he also doesn't try to interrogate me." Nova bit the inside of his cheek, glancing down at the shorter girl. He wondered how Adrian would take this comment, as Ryza sounded quite unstable at the moment, and then he wondered just how much more it would take to totally set her off. However, Adrian gave Teri permission to interrogate the deviant anyway.

“I will have to do something about those scientists…they attempted to restrain and manipulate something they feared…only to have it work the other way around,” he mused, Ryza tilted her head to the side ever so slightly.

"They did not fear me at first, I believe. Once upon a time, I could talk to people eye-to-eye without making them scream like madmen. Now that's all I can do, because of them...I think they were trying to influence the other piece of me--a Sona? I think that's what they're called? I don't know how it worked out." Nova thought of the image of a cute girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a seafoam colored dress and smiling, the same girl he'd seen Ryza draw so many times before. He remembered the images of destruction the girl committed on Ryza's bad days that Thirteen had sent him... They had only succeeded in screwing both of them up. It was like their abilities were defense mechanisms developed to protect the two; Ryza's kept people away from her and Aerys's was an attempt to protect her Deviant, as she had been created to do in Ryza's mind. It had gone horribly.

Then Adrian brought up some kind of mission for them in Japan, saying that he wished for Nova to keep working with the girl so long as Ryza wanted the same thing. Suddenly Nova's grip on her became her grip on him, and she pulled herself from his grasp to cling to his arm. "I'm not sure that anyone else could deal with her, honestly... But Japan, sir? Is sending Ryza out for missions so soon really such a good idea? Her stability is fragile, as you can see... I mean, what would she be doing, I'm not sure getting her to work with others would be easy..." Nova spoke up, Ryza piped in then.

"I don't appreciate being singled out for what I was made," the girl said sharply.

Aerys and Thirteen
Wandering through Enfin
ARPer's: None, atm

Aerys squirmed next to her, and Thirteen sighed. "Aerys, are you going to be okay? It seems like they're really aggravating your Dev'" the vampire asked, looking to the blonde beside her. Aerys was twitchy, flexing her hands and pulling at her hair, ll while letting out small whines from time to time. It was really starting to make the vampire nervous--she really didn't need the Guardian flipping out and bringing all of Enfin down on top of them.

"Aggravating, just aggravating. Not hurting her, but it's still hard not to be bothered by it...she really want to strangle one of them, and she's afraid of the other, but he keeps saying things that provoke her. Your Dev's doing a good job of trying to keep her from losing it or doing anything she'd regret, though... And something about Japan--she doesn't know where Japan is... Do you know?" Aerys asked, tugging on a bit of her hair.

"No, and I'm not going to ask Nova, ei--" She cut off, turning around to stare down the tunnel after them, then inhaled sharply. "I knew it," she muttered under her breath.

"Thirteen?" Aerys asked, the Vampire shook her head. Thirteen then took a step forward, to which a sudden scrabbling sound erupted in the narrow corridor, like something was frantically trying to get away from them. Aerys gasped, but Thirteen wasn't going to let their pursuer get away--in a flash, the Sona was halfway down the corridor when she leaped into the air, twisting as though to grab something, and then hung in the air for a moment as though she actually had caught something. Aerys watched in confusion as Thirteen swung a foot into the air, which struck the air with the sound of a boot contacting flesh and a cry of pain before she fell to the tunnel floor, fighting with a suddenly there humanoid chameleon-like Sona.

"Who sent you?! Who sent you?!" The vampire snarled as she fought with the other Sona, who was letting out nothing but yelps and cries.

"Obviously no one after us specifically," Aerys said calmly, joining the fight to reach down and pluck the chameleon away from Thirteen and into the air. "They would have known to send something more stealthy, considering we both have fairly good senses when I'm not flipping." Thirteen shoved herself off the ground and into the other Sona's face.

"Who?" she snarled, "Talk now, or you're going to hurt a LOT more than you already do." The chameleon let out a wild squeak and struggled in Aerys's grasp, but she wasn't letting go. At the threat of a raised fist from Thirteen, the chameleon started talking.

"Don'tkillme, ohpleasedon'tkillme,pleasepleaseplase--The Engineer heard there were wanderers in Enfin, I was sent to find out what their intentions were!" It blurted out, eyes rolling wildly.

"Oh, really? Then I want to meet this Engineer character," Thirteen said. The chameleon's jaw dropped and it went pale.

"Ohno, ohnoohnoohno, I can't!"

"Yeah you can, and you will, unless you want to die." Thirteen smiled and drew one of the daggers sheathed at her side. "Aerys, drop him. Either he leads us to this character, or he dies," she said almost conversationally. Obediently, Aerys dropped the reptilian Sona. Thirteen smiled and met the Sona's wild eyes, "Now, start walking. No funny stuff, it's annoying, and it really doesn't work when you're dealing with a vampire," she told him. Wearily, the chameleon got up, still pale, and began walking, shaking and muttering the entire time.

OOC: Ugh, I don't really like that last bit, but I need to get Aerys and Thirteen somewhere and I was running out of time. XD

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 02-27-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos
Enginez Deviant
Off of Highway 5
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel Sable), Velo (Simon Pruitt)

I give the woman a few seconds while she stares blankly at me. I retreat in my head to see what Dos is and was doing.

Dos and I have this strange ability, although I didn't think it was strange until a few years back, when I discovered it was unique. Whenever we retreat into each other's minds, we can access the other's memories like our own. It is really convenient: no need to worry about one of us neglecting to divulge information, and it's not like we need to keep secrets. I realize it probably stemmed from my need for someone to confide completely in, as I never really trusted anyone, even when I was younger: I was always singled out as the weird kid. It was before the WAE, so I thought it was just a phase. I laugh at the irony in my head.

Due to this strange ability, I can see that 'V' the gargoyle just told the Sonas in the Antitivity battle about her... unique situation. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the divulging of this incredibly obvious fact, although I thought Dos was stupid for being so overt about his discovery before (really, rubbing it into her face?). The girl told me to take the frail boy with me and follow her, but she didn't tell me her eventual destination. Dos, fortunately, heard that I should be going to Grant's Pass, OR, or else I would have been very tempted to simply take my chances elsewhere: I don't like not knowing the eventual destination.

I opened the trunk of my truck and have just finished putting the seats down when it hits me. I was fresh out of my residency, so I was used to lack of sleep, but I wasn't an automaton: as I add it up, I realize that I have gotten 5 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, and I was positively crashing: I would never be able to drive to Grant's Pass, I'd kill myself and the kid before I got there. So I do the only thing I can think of and toss the keys to the kid. Then I speak using my most authoritative voice:

"Listen up. I am giving you the keys to the car that is now MINE. You are going to follow that motorcycle all the way to Grant's Pass, Oregon. You are going to drive this truck, after I put your motorcycle in, of course, with such precision that a chauffeur would be jealous, because if we or this truck dies, I swear I will kill you. Am I clear?"

I proceed to load the motorcycle in the trunk and over the horizontal captain's chairs. I go
over the front passenger's seat and close the door.

"Well?"

Dos
Sona
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Antitivity battle blah

Greg's life is finally interesting.

When V (I'm going off the name the mechanic's Sona called her) told everyone of the incredibly obvious, I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I faze out quickly as Doc gleans the information about where he needs to go from my memories, and immediately begin thinking: Doc found V's Deviant, THE number one target of every WAE ever. If Doc wasn't so ready to pass out, he probably wouldn't let her out of his sight for a yoctosecond. Just like the way I was going to be with V. I try to make his life a bit easier as I address the gargoyle Sona:

"V, could you tell your Deviant to stop busting Doc's balls? It really is grating, especially since he's trying to help. Thanks."

Michael Mikulak
Tungz Deviant
WAE HQ Interrogation Room #44
ARPers: Velo (Teri)

All of a sudden, I am being moved from my prison.

My escort looks at me with triumphant eyes. He seems almost smug. Then I realize it's not almost. I am being taken to the same interrogation room (#44), but there really is only one reason for there to be previously absent smugness.

After breaking so many, I learned quite a few names: Adrian Acursio, Drauvant Domini, many other big players in the WAE. But one name stuck out more than any other. The name was a warning, an anticipation, and a beckoning challenge all in one. Every single one of my broken used the name, first with reverence and fear, then with disgust and fear. The bearer of the name, I was told, was unsympathetic, a sociopath who cared naught but for her own person and sating her sadism. The bearer of the name, I was told, was the single most skilled Deviant breaker the WAE had. The name in question, as any WAE would tell you, was Theresa Maverick.

The clamp on my mouth releases and falls to the floor, after I sit in the room. On my foot. My very exquisitely designed bracelets keep me from removing it, so I kick it across the room. Then I wait.

Last edited by narphoenix; 03-10-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco
ARPers: Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

"Real wood?" Daniel gasped. He hadn't laid hands on a real wooden pencil in a while - he was too lazy to go to town on most days, so the duty was left to his roommate, a Scribz named Jim. Jim only ever bought mechanical pencils, saying they were more precise, so there was rarely a bonafied Ticonderoga around. Thanking Argeno profusely, he started to draw again. He didn't like to draw with others around - it made him feel self-conscious and antisocial - but it was either that or be jumpy and nervy until he could get out of the truck. He began to doodle aimlessly on his sticky notes, wondering if he should be trying to make conversation. He was about to make some sort of passing remark about the weather that would have made him sound utterly backwards when Shiba screamed, "Kari! Kari!" and the car jerked slightly to the left.

"What's the matter?" Daniel asked, confused. At the same time, Shiba was talking, saying something about Grant's Pass. The name rung a faint, rusty bell in Daniel's mind, but he couldn't place it. He leaned forward. "What on earth are you people talking about?"

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base
ARPers: Sabi (Acursio), Winter (Nova and Ryza), and narphoenix (Michael)

Teri remained impassive as Acursio mulled over her request. Finally, he said, “You may. Do be careful, the younger the age, the more weapons they have at hand. You may be dismissed.”

Teri suppressed a thrill of excitement, forcing herself to nod seriously in affirmation to Acursio's warning. This would be the most intriguing challenge of her life if she succeeded, but the thing that broke her if she failed. She was about to turn and walk out of the room when she heard Ryza speaking to her in a venomous, cold voice, advising her to drop her confidence because it led to bad things. How sick she was of the WAE thinking they could control others. Blah blah blah; it was nothing Teri hadn't heard before. She thought about making a ripping remark, but she didn't think that Acursio would take particularly kindly to that. Toning it down to a level that was just barely pushing what she assumed was Acursio's tolerance, she said, "Thanks for the tip, sweetheart." With that, she walked out of the room.

She gave orders for Mikulak to be escorted into one of the interrogation rooms, then walked toward the appropriate wing. The escort had beaten her there, but he was still hanging around when Theresa arrived. 'Room #44,' he'd told her, and she followed the numbers, breezing in as if she was going to be interrogating a frightened, elderly Paletz. The kid was sitting on the nearest chair, his back turned. A sort of shortened muzzle-like apparatus sat on the floor; when attached its purpose was to keep Mikulak's mouth shut. But in Teri's experience trying to interrogate a mute was a pretty pointless way to spend time.

Teri took the chair opposite Mikulak, pausing to examine his features before she decided how she wanted to proceed. He was just a kid, twelve at the most. He was tiny, too; his prison jumpsuit was baggy on him and the cuffs on his wrists were just barely tight enough to keep him from slipping his bony wrists free. His dark hair was a wild mess. His dark eyes seemed hollow, like he wasn't all there, but Teri knew better than to take any of this child's tricks at face value.

"Hello, Michael," said Theresa in a more or less pleasant voice. "My name, as you may have heard or presumed on your own, is Theresa Maverick. Listen, Michael, I think we both know that there's no point in opening with false pleasantries?"

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) and narphoenix (Doc)

Simon decided to make himself useful while the two strangers talked - or stared at each other, or whatever the heck they thought they were doing. He walked into the gas station, which someone had been considerate enough to not board up. He walked through the dusty, dimly lit interior, hoping to find some tools. Much to his chagrin, however, he could only find several bags of beef jerky and a package of old, probably expired batteries. He took the jerky and left the batteries, hoping he would get a chance to eat the jerky soon. He was still upset about missing that delicious bread.

Without further ado, Simon walked back to the others, ready to do... something. He had only been standing for a second when something flew at him from the side. Simon caught it, finding out that it was a set of car keys. Simon looked up at the lab-coated man in confusion.

"Listen up," said the man sternly. "I am giving you the keys to the car that is now MINE. You are going to follow that motorcycle all the way to Grant's Pass, Oregon. You are going to drive this truck, after I put your motorcycle in, of course, with such precision that a chauffeur would be jealous, because if we or this truck dies, I swear I will kill you. Am I clear?"

Simon was a little startled, and a small part of him resented being given orders like this, but this was a good way to get himself a ride, so he nodded his assent. He would need it if he was going to go to...

Seattle! Hellfire, I forgot about Seattle!

Simon sighed. He didn't want to just abandon a lead about the mysterious Deviant whose Sona was the superweapon, but all things considered his chances of survival were better around masses of Deviants. Besides, pursuing rumors and whispers into one of the rainiest cities on the planet sounded a little less appealing than hanging around fellow Deviants for once. So he climbed into the driver's seat, starting up the car and following the girl on the motorcycle. He had driven a car exactly once - he found it was a lot easier and quicker to dodge WAE on a motorcycle, which was far less cumbersome than a car - but he remembered a lot, and he was pretty darn good at operating machines. After a minute or so, Simon asked the man in the passenger seat, "So, if you don't mind me asking, who are you, and who was she?"

Cyrus Nelvenmig
Magical Lumanx-Sona
Umecit
ARPers: Sabi, Winter, Nar, etc. You know the drill people!

Cyrus waited for the mammal to return, faintly concerned about Daniel. What was he doing now? He could sense calm from his Deviant. Calm. And Cyrus had run off most of his adrenaline from the fight... He was pretty calm, too. Maybe this would be a good time to contact him. Cyrus's black-and-orange eyes closed in focus, but it was no good. Cyrus's words bounced off of his Deviant's mind like water off of a duck's feathers. It's just no good, he thought miserably. Then he sighed, shaking himself angrily. Now was no time for self-pity. There was never a time for self-pity.

He found himself looking into the water-woman's ocean blue eyes, his gaze riveted by the color. There was something familiar about the kindness in those large blue pools but Cyrus would be damned if he could pin it down. He was so scatterbrained of late that he really couldn't keep track of mostly anything, and most of his remembering was done by accident. So he just let himself stare into that rich hue. Suddenly he was transported into another time, another place.

Deafening sound. Dazzling color. Everything was moving about, everything was shifting. Rocks were flying out from the land and into the ether, replaced almost immediately by new ground. The sky turned to a dazzling, rushing blitz of colors and noise - mostly blue, mingled with blacks and whites, like a glowing, neverending ocean. The edge of Nexen. The unbridgeable gap between it and the humans' reality.

Then the moment was gone and Cyrus was thrown into monochromacy again. He looked up to see the mammal returning; he was saying something about a 'Grant's Pass.' Nothing that concerned Cyrus; probably nothing that concerned Daniel. However, after that, 'V' the gargoyle did the unexpected - revealing herself as the former WAE super-weapon. Immediately the shrieking water-woman and the girl with the tattoo cried out with shock.

Cyrus twitched his ears. He wasn't the least bit surprised at the gargoyle's dramatic revelation. He was, however, a bit surprised at the others' shock - but then again, they'd never had the honor of meeting this gargoyle before, whereas Cyrus had certainly seen her. Her grand escape had provided the Lumanx enough of a distraction to escape the WAE who'd been holding him. As soon as Cyrus could get the dragon alone, he'd thank her. In the meanwhile, another conundrum was bothering him. That woman really was familiar. Maybe he should ask Daniel, if he could, where-slash-if he'd seen her.

Fury
Energy Sona, now in convenient feline form
Umecite
ARPers: The Antivity-thwarters

Fury's ears twitched with surprise as she heard the gargoyle claim to be the Sona who'd been WAE, but had thrown off her chains of anti-creativity. She knew that Domini had suspected as much, but she hadn't expected it to be the truth.

I bet he'd love to know that, Fury thought wryly. Unfortunately for Domini, however, it wasn't information that Fury was going to divulge.

The Immortal rose to her paws. Looking into the gargoyle's eyes, she could suddenly believe that this Sona was powerful enough to escape from anything - even the WAE. A desperate hope suddenly flared in her chest: could a human, once a Deviant, become free from the WAE as well? She wanted it to be true more than she'd ever wanted anything. She gave the gargoyle time to address the blue sphere who'd in turn addressed her before stepping forward.

"You say you've escaped from the WAE," Fury sounded very bold for a common housecat who was addressing a monstrously big metal dragon. "So tell me, could a human do it? Could a human break free from them - or is such a thing hopeless?"

Katherine
Angelic Antisona
Stalking those in Umecite.
ARPers: Anyone with sharp eyes and ears.

Katherine had been obedient to her WAE and had continued to listen in on the Sonas' conversation, flying down to the ground while the great metal dragon had been distracted and skulking in the shadows of an alleyway to listen in. And so she, too, heard the dragon 'V' reveal her true identity: the Sona who had escaped the WAE. Katherine reached out for her WAE immediately, revealing to her what she had guessed the whole time. Then Katherine slipped farther into the darkness of the alley, hoping to pick up other useful tidbits.

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Inner Enfin
ARPers: Winter (Aerys and Thirteen)

The Engineer returned to his forge, satisfied that his sentinels would monitor those two travelers and report any problems back to him. However, the huge griffon barely had time to start stoking his smelting-fire when he heard Lancel's voice.

"Chemilo is back, and he brought two Sonas with him!" the little boy cried.

The Engineer blinked with shock. What was Chemilo thinking, bringing two strangers here when they were so close to Velvod? Maybe they were the two Sonas from the tunnels. The Engineer thanked Lancel for bringing him the news before heading out to greet the Sonas. Chemilo was leading them across the plain, looking very subdued. From this distance, The Engineer could see two humanesque shapes. He walked toward them slowly, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. The two humanoids didn't look WAE-ish, but it was hard to be to careful.

"Greetings," The Engineer said coolly in his deep voice. "I am The Engineer, the smith of this village. Do you walk with peaceful purpose - and are you WAE, or are you true Sonas?"

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: OKAY. UPDATES WON'T take THIS LONG AGAIN.

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA

I watched the guy talk to the younger one who tried to intimidate me earlier bicker about something, watching him put a bike into the car. I turned, replacing my helmet over my head and getting on my bike, revving the engine and letting it hum to a nice sound before kicking up the stand and taking off down the road. I wondered still, about that doctor and his Sona, and how he developed such abilities. Things like that would be a prime ability for WAE, but as long as he was on our side…apparently it seemed he was anyway, it was something to be thankful for at the moment.

I started playing music inside my helmet, something instrumental to calm my nerves, I was getting feelings from Veza. I knew that she was going to have a big explanation ahead of her Nexen-side. The only issue was, everyone asked how we did it, and we never really remembered how. Veza remembered few things, I barely remembered how I got out of it myself, however, I remembered the feeling of complete, emptiness, monochrome and silent, dead and waning. There wasn’t much other way to describe it, it was like describing colour to a blind person or music to the deaf. Well, maybe not music…

The drive was going to be a long one, and the dark clouds didn’t look too inviting, but I didn’t think it was going to rain. I pushed a button on my dash, if you could call it that on a bike, and a panel opened up, revealing a few nobs and a dial, looking like an old radio. I plugged in a set of earphones, one that was stuck inside my helmet. I turned the dial a bit, listening to static before I got some kind of clarity from the car behind me. Hacking into the radio of the car, I put one of my mics on, making sure that it was working alright, not doubting my hacking skills what so ever.

“Hey, I can talk to you through the radio if you need it. Just hook up a phone to a port and connect to this channel if you see anything.”

That was all I was going to say. I could feel Veza inside my head, something small and just a statement. Something about not busting the other guy’s balls, probably the guy who said he was an ally and had the car. I rolled my eyes, she knew my answer, and all I did was groan.

Long ass drive was going to be long.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen

The reactions were something I expected from everyone, though some probably had figured it out by now. I waited for everyone to catch their breath before continuing with my explanation. However, before I could, one of the other Sona’s asked me a question, one that was typical to expect as well. At least it seemed that no one despised me thus far from being one who broke out of the grip of a plague that was said to be unbreakable. Something told me that this Sona was the only existing creative soul left of their Deviant, that, or someone they knew.

“I will be honest, I’m not sure how I or my Deviant broke out. All I remember is a surge, and something finally snapping, something that made me break my way out. I’m not sure what it was entirely like for my Deviant, but I can’t imagine it was anything pleasant.” I started explaining. “I can’t see why a human couldn’t do it, but one thing I know for sure is that it takes both ends to come to. At least, that’s as solid of a conclusion we made anyway.”

I knew that telling them I had no idea how it happened that I got out wasn’t going to be a crowd pleaser, it never was. However, there was some key to it, and when I, or my Deviant figured it out, we would know, and be able to save people and both ends of the world. There was one thing I remembered most though, one specific detail about being trapped inside that dead space known as Velvod.

“There was one thing…a big engine, something that’s controlling all of it I think. All of the WAE.” I said. “I need more information on it, I have a feeling it’s been here much longer than any of us, and if we break it, everything will start to heal. I’ll go it alone if I have to, and I’m not asking anyone, but I feel you’re capable of being trusted.”

If these Sona’s were going to help me or not, that was their decision, I couldn’t make them do anything, I was no mind controller. I was a WAE Superweapon gone rogue, a dark metal shadow of my former self. I looked at Dos, seeing as he was asking of my Deviant to stop bothering his own Deviant. I knew she wouldn’t but pretended to talk to her regardless. After a moment, I returned to dos, and everyone for that matter.

“She’s been the brunt of the shield, she’s taken this harder than I have, and is taking longer to recover due to the fact she’s using what she knows of WAE to act it, to prevent from being found. She doesn’t trust easy, or help anyone, or speak much. In a crowd you’d barely be able to find her amongst those who are stricken with WAE.” I told them in a very serious tone of voice. “She was never like that though, as you are never the same after coming through that. Don’t press her too hard, or she’ll retaliate out of instinct.”

“So…yeah, I’m not asking anyone for help, but any would be helpful. My Deviant may never admit it, but we need it.”

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Winter and Velocity

Adrian opened a door, finding Ryza’s room, almost seemingly ignoring everything Nova was saying, however listening to every word. The albino inspected the room to see it was up to par, significantly better than her previous room; a bed with blankets, tables and a desk, a fridge, and a closet for clothing, and even a bathroom off to the left hand side. Adrian only turned around when Nova put a firm grip on him, gazing into his eyes with his own. He listened to every word, and didn’t speak until he was finished. He then looked at Ryza, whose comment made him a bit more pleasant than he was initially feeling.

“Nova, I don’t believe I specified when this mission was to be carried out. I wouldn’t send Ryza until she was ready. We have others going on this mission as well, I’ve already worked things out that aren’t something to worry about.” He explained in an airy tone of voice, borderlining a crack of a smile. “Ryza, you weren’t singled out, you’re only hear because you were strong and defeated those odds that were set against you. Here you have more say of what you would like to do, but unfortunately for my superior, there are still some restrictions remaining.”

After that, Adrian removed Nova’s grip from his arm, and proceeded to leave what would be Ryza’s room, looking behind him just before the door shut.

“Nova, if you have any concerns, please address them to me after you’ve settled in. If any changes need to be made, let me know. For now, I need to take a call about the Seattle incident.”

With that, Adrian was gone, and walking down the hallway silently, moving towards the receptionist who handed him an envelope without a word. As he opened it, he saw images of the device that caused the place to erupt in the audio mess that was some time ago. The image was of a half melted radio, and due to the damage, it couldn’t be identified as what model it was, thus throwing out the option of where it came from. However, Adrian knew people who could give him some information.

“Call in Tom, we’re going to have this flown in by tonight. I want it examined.”
Old 04-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Winter Offline

I-80, California(USA)

Argeno chuckled nervously at Daniel's reaction, still unsure of exaclt what was going on with Shiba. "You get more shading ability with those. It's harder to do with mechanical pencils," he explained, trying to shake off the thanks. "Now Shiba, dear, what is going on on our Sonas's end of things? Kari explained yet?" He asked gently, Shiba bit her lip and exhaled slowly.

"I finally got a reply. Seems like one of those in the battle is an escapee." The car swerved sharply again, and Shiba swore as she grabbed the wheel from behind Al and jerked it back into place. "You're gonna get us pulled over from drunk driving if you keep this up, Argeno. Straight ahead unless the road curves, got it?" she hissed sharply. Kari seemed to be slightly amused by the situation through her, but Kari did not find it funny in the slightest.

"I know, but it would help if people quit springing surprises on me!" he snapped back before turning his eyes back to the road, leaving Shiba to answer Daniel's question.

"What's happened is this--our Sonas seem to have just found the Sona of an escapee. On top of that, it seems like we'll also be getting a bit of help," she replied.

Umecit, Nexen

The moment VEza said that she didn't remember how she or her Deviant broke free of the WAE's spell, all three Sonas seemed to visibly deflate...until she said she wasn't asking for help, but it would be appreciated. Shiri stepped forward then, nodding back to Kari and smiling.

"I know I speak for not only myself, but Kari and Silverstreak, as well as our Deviants when I tell you that you don't have to ask for our help, because no matter what you want, we're helping you anyway. We're looking for the same thing--an end to the WAE, a way to save those lost, and find certain lost ones, should they still be alive. I have a Deviant who has taken the entire situation badly...I want to be able to make it so she can be happy again..." the Siren said softly, Kari smiled as well.

"Who knew you'd get all emotional on us, eh Little Shiri?" she joked, but she was nodding all the same. "She's right, however, we're in whether you want us or not, thankfully you do want us, so it's all good."

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: Sabi(Adrian)

At Adrian's response, Nova sighed. "Sir, please forgive me, I'm used to working in the science department, where when something is mentioned, it is usually done almost immediately or quite soon after," he said, meanwhile Ryza was looking around the room in pure curiosity, a look of awe appearing on her face as she did. Adrian left it at that and walked to the door, speaking to them one last time before the door shut, leaving the scientist and the demon child in the room together.

"Is this...mine?" Ryza breathed after a minute of silence between them. Nova looked down at her, grinning.

"I think it is, Ryza. A real room of your own, not a holding cell," he had begun to look around as well and realized that if he was right, she had been given a genuinely nice room, though to the girl it must have seemed more like a palace than simply a nice room--she now not only had a real bed, she had a closet he had a feeling would soon contain clothes, a desk rather than the floor to draw on, though he suspected she would probably rarely leave the bed while she was in the room--she even had a fridge, though he hoped that she didn't let that get to her, he didn't need her gorging herself because she wasn't used to having food on hand, available to her at all times.

"...It's amazing..." she whispered in awe. Nova couldn't help but smile at her.

Aerys and Thirteen
Wandering through Enfin
ARPer's: Velo(The Engineer)

Thirteen snorted "I don't know about walking with peace, but we sure as heck aren't with the WAE... Well, our Deviants have a slight connection, but they're not happy with it," the Vampire Sona said, sarcasm coloring her tone. Aerys blinked, shaking her head, and prompting Thirteen's attention to snap back to her. "Good god, what are they doing to her?" she sighed, Aerys blinked and smiled at Thirteen.

"Nothing bad this time. They...she's in awe over the fact she just got a real bedroom. At least she thinks it's supposed to be hers." Thirteen smiled at her and patted the Guardian's shoulder.

"That's good," she whispered before turning back to the situation, telling herself to bother Nova about details when she wasn't busy. "Now, what was your reptile friend here doing following us?" she asked, jumping straight into questions.

OOC: Could have been better, I suppose, but I won't complain--we're back to RPing again!~ :) BTW, this post was powered by Hotel California, by The Eagles.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos (Deviant Enginez)
Highway 5
Arpers: Sabi (Amiel) Velo (Simon)

"As to who I am: my name is Gregory Matthew Xanatos, but everyone I know calls me Doc. I am an Engine, like you. As to who she is, the only thing you are to know about THAT, until she decides otherwise, is that you are not to let her out of your sight for an instant. " I answer the boy.

The gargoyle girl did something to the radio so that the motorcycle and the car could "talk". I hooked up the car so that she could just hear our conversation and butt in if necessary.

I went on to contemplate the idea of being set up. Who could stand to gain from this? More importantly, how could they have manipulated Dr. Kostovski into letting a barely trained doctor present another's research. They would have had to have an iron-clad control of the doctor. The only person I know capable of doing that was... Bingo.

I dial a number on my phone, but get voicemail. I speak,"Very clever. I only just figured it out. Very clever indeed. I only got away by being VERY prepared. But now the game, is afoot. "

The only person capable of manipulating Dr. Kostovski so precisely was Dr. Elizabeth Alexandra Kostovski herself.

Michael Mikulak
WAE HQ Room 44
ARPers: Velo (Teri)

"False pleasantries and the obvious are 2 things I cannot stand, Miss Maverick. Unfortunately, in avoiding one, you slammed yourself face first into the other. Now, let us skip the part where you tell me the WAE is the best thing since sliced bread, blah, blah, blah. I've heard it 1000 times: it's annoying and insulting. In return, I shall avoid the speech about how a being a Deviant means so much more, blah, blah, blah. Instead, let us get to the hearts of our arguements, which shall be a lot more interesting. My core arguement inst rooted in rhetoric so much as it is a demonstration.

After hearing about Teri so many times, I had decided on the only way to defeat her. It was a bit ballsy, but it was the only to do it.

I began to sing.

In English and Spanish, my songs were exclusively from my mother's mouth. I memorized them because they were my strongest memory of her. She had a clear, strong voice, and, now I realize, so do I.

When, after 5 minutes, my songs were over (I had to abbreviate), I looked at Teri. "Now Teri, you've heard the 'Deviant meaning so much more arguement a zillion times, but I do believe this is the first time you understand what that more IS. "

OoC: Bleh, I had to rush.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"]
Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco
ARPers: Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

Daniel listened out of one ear as the other Deviants talked. Much to his surprise, they were talking about an escapee. For a wild moment, Cyrus flickered into Daniel's mind, but he dismissed the thought. After all, they were saying that the Sona's Deviant was an escapee, and while Daniel was escaping death now, he hadn't escaped much else, recently.

"An escapee?" Daniel queried as he shaded the metal panels on an iron dragon's scales. That little flare of hope, that thought of Cyrus, wasn't gone by any stretch. Maybe, just maybe, this could lead him to some information about his and Cyrus's infuriating half-separation - and even how to break it.

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base
ARPers: narphoenix (Michael)

"False pleasantries and the obvious are two things I cannot stand, Miss Maverick," was Michael's reaction to Teri's introduction. His voice was quiet, subdued, and hoarse from disuse. "Unfortunately, in avoiding one, you slammed yourself face first into the other. Now, let us skip the part where you tell me the WAE is the best thing since sliced bread, blah, blah, blah. I've heard it a thousand times: it's annoying and insulting. In return, I shall avoid the speech about how a being a Deviant means so much more, blah, blah, blah. Instead, let us get to the hearts of our arguments, which shall be a lot more interesting. My core argument inst rooted in rhetoric so much as it is a demonstration."

One of Teri's eyebrows crawled up on her face a fraction of an inch. "Oh, really? Do show me -"

Her voice caught in her throat when she heard what he was doing: no longer talking, but singing. He sounded just a little rusty, just a little off-key, but as he went on his voice became stronger, bolder, louder, more resonant and confident and smooth and heartbreakingly beautiful...

For the first time in her life, Theresa Maverick was completely and totally dumbstruck. She was paralyzed by the child's voice, and while he sang the world seemed to be changing. The table was gray. Her trembling hands were a very very pale peachy color, bleached by tension as her pinkish nails tried to carve gouges in the table. And Michael's eyes were blue.

It's been so long... she thought.

"Now Teri, you've heard the 'Deviant meaning so much more' argument a zillion times, but I do believe this is the first time you understand what that more IS. " Teri's whirling mind considered that for a moment. Then she stood up slowly, walked around the table, then lifted the boy out of his chair and kicked him across the room.

"I," said Teri in a tight voice, just a fraction of an inch away from perfect calm, "do not give a damn what being a Deviant means. I don't think you understand my point. I am not here to make patronizing speeches. I am not here to listen to any of said speeches. And I am not here to hear you... do that again. I am here to get every bit of valuable knowledge you have out of you and break your spirit in the process, plain and simple. If you sing again I will break every bone in your body that you do not need in order to speak. Am I perfectly clear?"

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) and narphoenix (Doc)

"As to who I am: my name is Gregory Matthew Xanatos, but everyone I know calls me Doc. I am an Engine, like you. As to who she is, the only thing you are to know about THAT, until she decides otherwise, is that you are not to let her out of your sight for an instant." Simon flinched so hard that his knee knocked into the bottom of the dashboard. "You're an Enginez? I thought I was the only one around here, at least that the WAE hadn't captured! What do you do? Do you work directly with machines, do you fix cars or build robots, or are you more of a schematics guy?" Simon was sure to keep his eyes on the road - he wasn't sure he didn't believe Doc meant his threats - but his excited chatter didn't sound like it needed to be coming from a driver.

“Hey, I can talk to you through the radio if you need it. Just hook up a phone to a port and connect to this channel if you see anything.” The radio blared out the Deviant girl's voice. Simon saw her pulling ahead of them on her motorcycle and put a little bit of gas on. Doc was talking on his phone, not at all interested in Simon's questions. With a sigh, Simon sank back into his seat and resolved himself to a long drive.

Cyrus Nelvenmig, Fury, and Katherine
Magical good Sonas and evil Angel-Sona
Umecit.
ARPers: Umecit people (If they can see/sense Kath)

“I will be honest, I’m not sure how I or my Deviant broke out. All I remember is a surge, and something finally snapping, something that made me break my way out. I’m not sure what it was entirely like for my Deviant, but I can’t imagine it was anything pleasant.” Fury's heart dropped into her paws as the dragon answered her question, sounding uncertain and unhopeful. “I can’t see why a human couldn’t do it, but one thing I know for sure is that it takes both ends to come to. At least, that’s as solid of a conclusion we made anyway.”

But she did continue to listen, along with Cyrus, as the dragon continued, telling them about a WAE 'engine' of sorts. She also mentioned her Deviant, about how she shouldn't be provoked, and about how she was going to need help to take out the 'engine'. Cyrus and Fury exchanged a glance and this time it was Cyrus who came forward, speaking for both of them. "I will lend my teeth and claws and magic, as will Fury, my companion. We have been trying to organize a group to fight the WAE for some time, but this... It's an opportunity we've never even dreamed of. We'll help you break this engine - and bring color to a gray world at last."

... And from the rooftops, a fallen angel watched and listened. Boy, what a story she would have to tell her WAE...

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Inner Enfin
ARPers: Winter (Aerys and Thirteen)

The Engineer was glad to hear that the Sonas before him were not enemies. He nodded to them, waited politely as they addressed each other, and answered their next question: why had Chemilo been following them?

"It was merely a precaution," the Engineer rumbled. "Our village is very close to Velvod, so we can't take risks when strangers come walking through our lands. I sent Chemilo to keep an eye on you, and make sure you were not plotting any evil. Now, if I may ask, what are your intentions - other than frightening chameleons?"

Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: Short transition post is short. I don't have much for Adrian for right now. ><

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Highway 5, USA

Driving along the highway with the lack of traffic going by always made the world feel empty. It was very empty o me, and it wasn’t from being part of WAE. It was from being what seemed like such a distance from what made the world colourful and lively. The small idea of Veza letting me know she had some help on her side gave me something to be remotely upbeat about. I wasn’t going to say I had the same thing on my end yet, despite the fact I had two active Enginez behind me on the road. I could hear the doctor guy talking to the other kid who tried to look threatening. I rolled my eyes at his comments. He had an idea of who I was but that was it. No one knew who I really was, only myself and Veza. Even with that, going WAE, you lose part of that identity indefinitely, and having to find it again was a trial done blind within a marathon that never seemed to end.

“You can stop thinking you know all the details about me. Good way for me to want to disappear as fast as you found me.” I spoke through the radio, not bothering to pause my music for a second. “It’s going to be a long drive so I suggest you keep for focus and energy for the road.”

I continued to listen to the music with an open, yet blank mind. Having a blank mind was both a curse and blessing from WAE, it made it hard to do original creations, a pinnacle of a Deviant’s ability, however the blankness allowed for other’s creations to overflow easily. Having music take over my mind was a wonderful thing.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen

The reception I got in response to my big reveal was more or less positive, so far no jumps about why I hadn’t been able to save anyone else. I didn’t feel like I was forcing anyone now, and that made me feel better a bit. However, with these Sona’s so adamant for helping me, I felt that their wellbeing was my responsibility now.

“Thanks for your support. I don’t know what will happen from here on until now.” I said. “Right now, the best thing we can do is quietly rally a group, see if there are more of us. I’m thinking we may want to go around…I know some of the more wild areas are more to animal Sona’s, but we can commune easier with those than Deviant’s can with, what my person told me, are pets.”

That was as much of a plan as I had so far. I hardly had anything else to go on, but that was part of the plan, to find out more information and get WAE out of the lives of people and Deviants.

“Ya may wanna get ‘er goin’, knowing that WAe, they’ll be persistent in lookin’ fer ya.” Gesser interrupted my thoughts, almost surprisingly. “I’ll keep yer unknown, but I gots a bud down in a village down in Ahaelos. Help yous find a big ol’ beasty.”

“Thanks Gesser. I take it you’ve still got that cache outside?”

“Sure does.”

“Alright, thanks for all your help. Stay safe while we’re gone.”

He only nodded, and I picked myself up to leave. I knew the cache of supplies that we may need was going to be just outside the defined border of Ahealos and Umecit. There was usually a nice glow around the evening time, sort of like an aurora. I poked my head out the door, making sure that there wasn’t anyone on our tail. I had a bad feeling that someone may have been watching us, but that could have been my paranoia.

“If no one has any more questions…may we depart?”
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Winter Offline

I-80, California(USA)

Shiba looked to Daniel and nodded. "Yes, an escapee. One who broke WAE control after falling to it. The Sona and the Deviant both... This could change our whole--"

"We could bring everyone back, wake them all up," Al said suddenly, cutting Shiba off.

"Thought you were asleep, hon?" Shiba murmured, Al glanced back at the woman slightly.

"Shiri's too excited. Can't do it," she said matter-of-factly. Then the girl's eyes seemed to fall on Daniel's drawing and she smiled. "You draw dragons, too? Argeno likes drawing dragons...or liked to. He draws everything now, but he used to draw dragons all the time. Copy paper ream after copy paper ream of all kinds of dragons. They were pretty when he got ahold of colored pencils." Shiba looked in surprise at the girl on her lap. Al had said quite a bit about something other than her family for once, which she found fairly surprising, and it seemed Argeno did as well, as he glanced over at her.

"Dragons, huh? I wouldn't mind having a look when you're done, then," Argeno said, eyes still on the road. "Dang, what I would give for a car with GPS..."

"Car-jacking time?" Both girls asked, sounding almost excited. Argeno almost snorted, shaking his head.

"Why is it that my girlfriend and my friend's little sister are so eager to steal a car?" he groaned to the air.

"It's too small in here and I want to do something, anything other than just sitting here," Al replied simply, leaving Shiba to nod in agreement.

Umecit, Nexen

They were not alone, it appeared, as the other Sonas offered help the Veza as well. The escapee Sona then continued to go on explain what very little of a plan she had and discussed a few matters with Gesser before moving to the door. It seemed like they were going to be heading out of Umecit. Shiri had spent most of her time there, really, and she could feel the adventure ahead of them. I'll make sure to tell Al all about it, maybe it will lift her spirits some, the Sona thought, while Kari and Silverstreak were considering letting their own Deviants in on the plan, Silverstreak wondering vaguely if Argeno felt left out for not having been spoken to. When Veza asked if they could depart, Kari stretched before walking up to her, Shiri in tow. " Beats staying around here, let's go."

/Hmm, maybe there will be other Sonas like me as well?/ Silverstreak asked, Kari shrugged.

"No idea, Silverstreak," she commented, Shiri shrugged as well.

"Maybe, it would be cool."

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: N/A

When her awe seemed to finally give way to realization, Ryza finally stopped standing in the middle of the room in favor of taking a seat on the bed. When she sat down and bounced, the girl looked startled as could be, so surprised that Nova couldn't hold back a laugh. He could feel her glare at him through the sunglasses blocking her eyes from view and protecting him from the nightmarish images the young woman could conjure from her head. "I have a real bedroom," she said slowly, as though trying to taste the words. Nova smiled at her--it was nice to see her almost happy for a change, and it had taken far too long to see it happen. People shouldn't have to be this unhappy, he thought, watching as Ryza pushed her luck and gave the bed an experimental bounce, squeaking when it sprang back up under her. He couldn't help it--he laughed again. When Ryza's head snapped to glare at him, he held his hands up in defense.

"Hey now, stop glaring at me like that. I've watched over you for how long now? I can laugh at you for finding amusement in bouncing on the bed--I have a right to considering how many times you've anger-blasted me for doing nothing wrong."

"You were annoying me," Ryza pouted, falling back on the bed, hair splaying everywhere.

"Hey, it's not like I was trying to jab you with a needle or drag you out!" he countered, Ryza's face fell a moment before she noticed the smile on his face; he obviously wasn't trying to be mean about it.

"So, Nova...why does that guy want us to go to Japan?"

"Adrian? Probably because he believes that you can help with the situation there. Japan is one of those places that held rather creative people. Ones that aren't falling to WAE influence easily--there is a good deal of resistance activity there, and it seems that he thinks you can stop it." Ryza let out a mocking laugh.

"With what? A group of people who think I'm devilspawn and I, the nightmarish WAE experiment who can make people scream by meeting their eyes, who is dragging along an Enginez behind her with a stuffed cat and sketchbook tucked under her arm? Ha!" Nova sighed and hid his displeasure at her biting remark by sitting down at the desk chair, where he then busied himself by opening drawers and inspecting the contents. There wasn't much, a new sketchbook, a pack of normal pencils, and...

"Dang, new colored pencils. The really good kind. Someone's really trying to get on your good side, Ryza." The girl shot up, off the bed, and practically dove across the remaining space to get a look at the pack of pencils Nova held up. "I haven't seen this many colors in..."

"You can see colors? I thought WAE couldn't." Nova nearly laughed at the question.

"Yeah, I can see color, but very few can. My Sona tried to work with the other WAE Sonas and it just didn't go over well." He shrugged, "What can you do?"

"Can you draw?" He raised an eyebrow at the question before he smiled.

"Yeah, not like a Grafix, though." Ryza looked visibly disappointed at this, but didn't let it bother her much.

"Then I guess I'll leave the plans to you and you can leave the artistic talent to me, huh?" Nova blinked at how easily her attitude had turned around, and then smiled.

"Guess so," he agreed.

Aerys and Thirteen
Wandering through Enfin
ARPer's: Velo(The Engineer)

"Frightening chameleons! Ha--you say that as though we were at fault for that when he was following us, and minding our own business at that point," Thirteen shook her head, sarcastic smirk forming on her lips. "That aside, we were just kind of wandering aimlessly, though I think eventually I would have gotten us out to Umecit. When the WAE starts bothering her Deviant, Aerys can get a touch destructive, but nonetheless, we were looking for a way to help both her Deviant and mine, in a kind of foot-draggingly slow way," the vampiric Sona said simply. Aerys ducked her head as if ashamed, but Thirteen patted her arm gently, which seemed to ease some of the tension in the Guardian.

OOC: Well definitely not my best, but if it gets us moving...

Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

OOC: YAY FOR MOVIN' THIG ALONG

People that were traveling can end up at ther desinations. Time skip is about a few hours long, up to your discretion.

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Grant's Pass, USA
ARPer's: Velocity, narphoenix, Winter if she gets there

The drive was a long and continuous one. I wasn’t sure how long for, but I was starting to get sore just sitting down on my bike. That probably meant a few hours. Grants Pass was in sight and I knew where to go from memory. The sky was greying up even more, almost promising rain, maybe a thunder storm. I liked thunder storms, less of a chance of finding a helicopter that was WAE operated and owned catching you and then capturing you like some wild animal that left the woods. As I pulled around the outside of town, I could see a large junkyard in the distance, piles of metal and scrap imitating miniature mountains. As you drove closer, the mounds grew higher and higher, to the point of towering over a single story house. A basic fence ran around the property, and the opening to drive in had a weathered and wooden sign reading ‘Charlie’s Repair and Recycling’. Signs were usually short and simple, to the point as anything catchy was seen as suspicious. I pulled in, not paying attention if the people who were following me before were still following me. As I did, a scruffy looking man came out, oil stains splattered on his overalls, a grey shirt, gloves and a bandana around his head.

I dismounted my bike, and handed it off to the man. “Just the usual Devon.”

“Yeah yeah I got a heads up. Also more are comin’ I hear?” Devon half asked, half stated to me.

“So I’ve been told. I’ll be inside.”

“Yeah yeah, just don’t eat out my fridge.”

I walked into the small house that paralleled the garage. Devon secretly harbored Deviants that passed through, so had an extra stock of food, a spare room with cots and the like. The inside looked like a typical cabin, a couch, a chair, tv and a small kitchen. There was a small square table in the corner with two folding chairs with cushions on them. I decided to sit at the table, put my arms on it and put my head down. I took rest where I could get it, but I always slept so lightly.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: Everyone involved in the fight [we need a new name for this]

I could tell the terrain was changing as we left Umecit. The hills were getting more sloped, and rocks started to buffet me off course. At least try to anyway. Ahaelos was our next destination, a place where a lot of more beastly Sona’s lived, and certainly where the majority of the ones belonging to animals lived. These Sona were tricky, and good at getting in and out of the sight of WAE. Some rumored they knew how to get in and out of the Velvod territory without much harm. That’s the kind of people we needed to find, and maybe recruit more in a quiet manner. One huge uprising was going to spread like wildfire, and as much as I wanted to help, getting caught and put back in wasn’t going to be any kind of productive. What we had to find was the small, or one of the small villages that knew of the beast that could bypass any lock. No one was sure if it was a human Sona in an incredibly beastly form, or an animal one with an incredible amount of intelligence. Either way I knew we needed to find it. From what I remember of being stuck in WAE, they wanted this beast for assimilation, but they could never find it, and anyone who did was unlucky enough to end up dead. There was only one thing I had to ask.

“Could anyone tell me…how creative people such as Graphix get when creating something new like a creature…? Since we’re looking for one I’d want to be prepared.”

If only my Sona was a Graphix, I wouldn’t feel so stupid about asking the question. Being out of creativity for as long as I was had it’s moments.

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Anyone with a TV for the broadcast

“We bring you the latest news update regarding the conflict in Japan. Deviants have massed together to take over much of the Shibuya area, including the majority of the train lines going in and out to smaller communities and cities. WAE officials are at a stalemate currently with these terrorists, who have been unwilling to comply to a truce or an agreement. As the majority of the footage involves high levels of vandalism including graffiti and radio hijacking, we are unable to show it on his channel. Officials are not sure for then the resistance will show weakness, as numbers seem to be growing. However they reassure civilians that there is no need to worry or panic, and remind anyone who feels threatened or uneasy by these people, to visit their local clinic for a psychological appointment. This has been a report from the International News network.”

Adrian turned off the TV once the report was over. He was sitting in his quarters, feeling a bit sick himself from the broadcast. It wasn’t something that hadn’t happened before, but it was still something he didn’t like. He knew the entire broadcast would play on the unfiltered channels where the strongest of WAE watched without falter. He knew one thing though, every time he watched a broadcast, a voice came to him. The albino wandered to his coffee machine that was placed plainly, and cleanly on the desk, pouring in the dark liquid carefully. Soon a shooting pain came through his head, forcing him to flinch in such a way his hand jerked, spilling the contents of the pot over the countertop.

‘They will be there…’

Adrian tried to endure the pain, but it was the same every time, and he succumbed to it every time. Once it subsided, he stood up, looking at the mess he had made, and walked to find a towel to clean it up. He wasn’t sure who they were, but if it had to do with Japan, he had to get something up and started. That’s why he had taken Ryza away and gotten Nova to work with her.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Winter Offline

Grant's Pass, USA
ARPers: Velocity(Daniel), Sabi (Amiel), and Nar(?)

"Land!" Shiba gasped, not bothering to wait for Daniel, or Al, for that matter, to move. The woman opted instead to throw an arm around the smaller girl parked on her lap and swung both of the out of the driver’s side door the moment Argeno was out of the truck. Al let out a small shriek of surprise that turned into laughter as she was set on her feet. “I thought that ride was never going to end!” she exclaimed, moving into runner’s stretches and grumbling about her legs feeling like they were barely there. Somehow Argeno had talked the girls out of their plan to jack a car despite the lack of space in the Clinker. Al and Shiba had both been disappointed in his case, but allowed him to win, seeing as the beat-up red truck was like his baby, though neither girl could quite understand why.

“You aren’t alone there,” Al contributed quietly, watching her as the girl zipped up her hoodie again, but flipped down the hood. Argeno slid his bag back into place on his shoulder and then stretched out his own tall figure before looking to Al.

“Think you can be ready to suggest your way out of here if this is the wrong place?” he asked her, Al nodded.

“Of course, Argeno,” the smaller girl replied, suggesting a small smile was pulling at her lips. “I’m always ready to protect you and Shiba—you’re all I have left, and I’m going to keep you with me if it’s the last thing I ever do.” Argeno and Shiba both shivered at the words, but didn’t show just how much they wished that protecting them wasn’t the last thing Al would ever have to do.

“Alright,” he sighed, slamming the driver’s side door of the truck shut and heading to where a rough-looking man in stain-covered overalls and a grey shirt was already approaching them. Al and Shiba followed closely behind, assuming Daniel would follow as well as soon as he was done doing whathever he was doing in the truck. “Excuse me, we’re in need of a new vehicle…a van, or something else big, preferably, and heard we might find one at a junkyard in Grant’s Pass… Would this be the place we were directed to?” Argeno asked the man. Al and Shiba waited tensely behind him, unsure of whether or not they were in hot water yet.

Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone involved with the fight against the Antitivity (The Resistance, mebbe?)

"A creature?" Silverstreak responded to Veza's question curiously before popping free of Kari's face to float free of his partner, this was inevitably followed by a peal of giggles from the girl. Next to them, Shiri just shook her head and sighed.

"That is the least imposing thing ever. I mean, really, Kari? Big bad girl and awesome silver dragon... but the girl giggles when the dragon separates from her skin? Ridiculous. Our enemies will die of laughter." It was easy to tell the girl was partly joking, and Kari laughed a little, shrugging.

“What? I can’t help it!” The Sona countered as she kept walking, dragging Silverstreak along with her.

”What kind of creature? Just a new one in general? You have to understand, creativity with a Graphix is highly dependent on several factors, my Deviant is a Graphix, so I understand most of the process, but you’re going to have to elaborate a bit more,” the dragon continued to direct his thoughts mostly to Veza, choosing to ignore his companions and their laughing and joking. The question had attracted the dragon’s interest, and it was going to take a bit more before he could totally understand it.

“Oh jeez, you’re going to get ‘Streak going on one of his huge Graphix lectures,” Kari groaned, Shiri laughed softly as well.

“I think they’re kind of interesting,” the Siren admitted.

“Only because you like comparing how they make stuff to how you and Al come up with stuff,” Kari shot back. Silverstreak turned his head to almost glare at Kari.

”Would you kindly stop your pouting, Kari? I’m trying to answer a question.” he said, effectively putting an end to the current banter and left the girls to pick their way over the changing terrain with Veza and the others.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: N/A

“We bring you the latest news update regarding the conflict in Japan. Deviants have massed together to take over much of the Shibuya area, including the majority of the train lines going in and out to smaller communities and cities. WAE officials are at a stalemate currently with these terrorists, who have been unwilling to comply to a truce or an agreement. As the majority of the footage involves high levels of vandalism including graffiti and radio hijacking, we are unable to show it on his channel. Officials are not sure for then the resistance will show weakness, as numbers seem to be growing. However they reassure civilians that there is no need to worry or panic, and remind anyone who feels threatened or uneasy by these people, to visit their local clinic for a psychological appointment. This has been a report from the International News network.”

Nova sighed and turned the television in Ryza’s room off. “And that would be why Adrian wants us in Japan,” he announced simply, though he knew Ryza had just barely been paying attention to it. The girl was too busy drawing at the desk almost opposite of the television with her new colored pencils to be interested in the news, and it tended to be fairly boring anyway.

“Great. A crowd control job—just what the public needs to see, news videos of me anger blasting crowds of Deviants. That’s really gonna help convince everyone I’m not a monster,” the girl replied bitingly. Nova sighed, and turned to face the back of her head.

“You want to be free, don’t you? This is what to have to do to get your freedom, unfortunately, Ryza. Adrian doesn’t seem to be under the impression you’re a monster, in fact he didn’t seem pleased about what was being done to you. Just think of it this way—if he’s the one giving you your freedom, his opinion is the only one that should matter to you,” he suggested. Ryza turned around to face him, sunglasses sitting on the desk. Blue eyes met brown, but Ryza didn’t blast him like he would have suspected she would, Ryza just looked sad.

“Nova,” she started quietly, “I am sixteen years old. I might not be right in the head, but peoples opinons still matter to me slightly. No one wants to be seen as a monster by everyone around them.”

“Ryza—“ Nova was cut off by a knock at the door just before the knocker opened it. The woman that stood there blinked in what might have been a flash of surprise at finding both the room’s inhabitant and a man there, but the surprise was quickly stifled.

“Ryza Hale and Nova Bard, Mr. Acursio would like to see you. Please come with me.” Without a word, Ryza dropped her pencil and grabbed Cecil and put on her sunglasses, choosing to leave her sketchbook behind so she could more easily cling to Nova’s arm—which she caught ahold of the moment Nova stood and headed towards the door. The girl wanted to tell Nova the man scared her and she didn’t want to see him again, but she knew they had no choice. She belonged to the WAE, no matter how much freedom she was gaining at this point, and because of that, she had no option to choose who she did and didn’t want to see.

OOC: I feels nice to be writing for these guys again... Velo, feel free to skip to wherever you need to with Aerys, Thirteen, and The Engineer.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos (Deviant Enginez)
Highway 5
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) Velo (Simon, Daniel) Winter (The Roses)

The car ride was long, apparently. I couldn't tell, except from the way I was feeling rather refreshed after my nap after the gargoyle girl kindly shut up, as did the kid. I was feeling physically better, but as I went inside, there were several things that bugged me.

One, how in the hell did Dr. Kostovski find out about my creative abilities? I met with her what, once every two months? And she's only been the dean for a year. We had a conversation a whole six times, and she came up not only with the fact that I was an Engine Deviant, but also managed to concoct a viable plan to destroy me. If I hadn't been absolutely paranoid, always concocting plans to get out of a situation I could be trapped in, I would have been dead. It's a pity this didn't happen in my city: I not only knew the layout there, but I had all sorts of dangerous goodies in various hidey-holes that I could have used.

Still, I was feeling quite vindicated: an Engine dirty little secret is that while we plan, we tend to have to improvise more than anything else. The fact that I pulled off this off without a hitch when I was sleep depped and only had a few minutes to come up with the plan based on the layout of the place only added to the vindication.

So why was I feeling so horrid?

I walked into a dangerous situation barely prepared. I walked, with my back to the situation, and still came out on top. I managed to keep five men from arresting me or worse by shooting a single bullet.

And I killed three of them.

For crying out loud, I'm a doctor! I heal people, not hurt them! I'm not supposed to kill; as a matter of fact, Hippocrates makes it really clear that healers aren't supposed to be killers. Not to mention every law under the sun forbidding the act of killing another human being, including the human conscience.

No wonder I was feeling crappy.

I was going to continue wallowing in self pity when the Deviant the gargoyle girl called Devon answered the door. Three familiar people were standing there, trying to be cheerful. I got up, looked each of the three in the eye, and realized through my strange talent that they were the trio I found in Nexen. I also noticed a kid behind them somewhere. He was kinda familiar, kinda... it was weird. I don't know how to explain it. I didn't manage to quite make eye contact with him, though.

"This IS the junkyard you're looking for." I said, waving my right hand in front of their faces while impersonating the voice of an old man. I made the same wave to Devon's face and said in the same voice,"Let them pass." I turned my attention to them.

"So, Shiri, Kari, Silverstreak. May I have the names you go by in this world? You can call me Doc."

In retrospect, that might NOT have been my smartest move.

Dos
Sona
Aheolus (or however you spell it), Nexen
ARPers: No, Dos, that level of egotism is NOT allowed.

V was all business, apparently trying to find someone. Not someone she knew though, based on the way she was asking a tattoo (not a Tattu) she just about information about Graphix Sonas. He started off the way Doc usually did when he was on the brink of being able to explain something that interested him: gentle questioning designed to see if he really was allowed to go off on a spiel. The Sona trio was laughing about the way Kari giggled when Silverstreak moved on or off her face. I decided to add my own two cents:

"Well, I'm not exactly the single most intimidating Sona in the world either. I was actually deliberately designed like a cute video game character liked since he was my age. Except he ate everything. Anyway, V, I wish I could help you, but I really can't. To give you an idea, I look like this because this is the most complicated thing my Deviant can draw without it coming out like a misshapen mutant. And before you ask, he's an Engine. NOT a pushover one, either. But point of order, we need a cool name for the resistance team. Oh I know, you can't get any cooler than this: the Dos FAN CLUB!"

OOC: Michael is back in the interrogation room after being knocked out by Teri's blow. And I STILL can't think of a good entry for Leeroy!

Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

"Land!" without any other warning, Shiba was clambering out of the truck. Daniel flattened himself against the seat, clutching his drawings against his chest protectively. As soon as the coast was clear, he followed suit. His legs felt stiff and shaky, his head was throbbing, and his stomach was rather unsettled. No larger car had been jacked, Daniel realized dimly; he had paid no attention to the others between his doodling and fits of stray thought from Cyrus. The Lumanx was really intruding on Daniel's consciousness that day, for whatever reason. It was getting annoying, but Daniel also felt hopeful. Could they be getting their connection back?

A building was ahead, complete with a sign that said, "Charlie's Repair and Recycling". Argeno glanced at Al, asking if she was ready to suggest their way out if their information happened to be wrong. "Of course, Argeno," was Al's reply. "I’m always ready to protect you and Shiba—you’re all I have left, and I’m going to keep you with me if it’s the last thing I ever do."

Daniel hovered behind as the three walked toward the building, suddenly feeling incredibly lonely. What was he? Only a single Deviant who may as well not have even had a Sona! Sure, these three had helped him, but they weren't his friends. They had just done what any decent person would have.

Argeno addressed the man approaching them - some guy in stained overalls. He looked rather rough around the edges, not at all neat and immaculate like most WAE were. That seemed like a good sign, although it could have meant absolutely nothing. The other Grafix asked about getting a new vehicle, which they still desperately needed.

Suddenly, another stranger strode up. "This IS the junkyard you're looking for," he said, waving a hand. "Let them pass," he said to the junkyard owner. Daniel stared at him in confusion - who was this guy? He turned his attention to the other three, whom Daniel was careful to place between himself and the newcomer. "So, Shiri, Kari, Silverstreak. May I have the names you go by in this world? You can call me Doc."

Daniel stared, absolutely dumbstruck. This world? Were those the names of their Sonas? How the hell had he even -?

A presence seemed to hover nearby. Daniel turned to see a kid about his age standing nearby. His dark hair was a mess, as were his jeans, which seemed to have machine parts sticking out of the pockets. "You idiot," muttered the kid as he watched the strange man who called himself Doc. "We want these people to trust us, you ignorant ass."

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base
ARPers: narphoenix (Michael)

Michael seemed to have been knocked out by Teri's kick; he lay at one end of the room, unconscious. For a heartbeat Teri thought to be concerned, but she knew that the boy would recover. She had more important things to do - her Sona was contacting her.

Teri, I've found out some things, said the angel in her singsong voice. The super-weapon is there. They've formed a little group - seven Sonas strong. They're looking for someone in Ahaelos.

Teri nodded along. Excellent, her mental voice was rich with appreciation. Acursio will love this.

There was a pause. I thought I felt you panicking, before, Katherine said. Is something the matter?

Certainly not, snorted Teri. Everything is under control. Keep monitoring those Sonas. I want to know of the others' combat capabilities. When - certainly not if - we send troops at them, we'll need to know how to take down those others.

Katherine murmured agreement before breaking away, leaving Teri to her own thoughts. She scribbled down another little note and handed it to one of the guards in the hall, telling him to deliver it to Acursio before locking the door once more. She then turned toward Micheal, waiting for him to come to.

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: narphoenix (Doc), Sabi (Amiel), Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno)

Simon wasn't particularly happy about being in the driver's seat. He didn't like cars much, not to mention the fact that he was already tired and cranky. Of course, Doc was sitting there napping, but Simon had to stay awake for the length of the ride, driving the clunky car...

He would liked to have conversed with The Engineer, but his Sona seemed unfortunately busy. So Simon had to bear down and deal.

Eventually they reached their destination: a smallish, squarish building with a sign in front that noted it as belonging to a man named Charlie. Simon stepped out quickly and began to disengage his moped from the trunk. The thing still wouldn't start - hopefully Simon could pick up some parts from this 'Charlie' person.

There were already several people outside - a mechanic-type, a couple of girls, and a couple of guys, one of whom hovered at the back of the group. Simon walked over slowly, listening to Doc running his mouth again. "You idiot," he snarled under his breath, ignoring the other boy's odd glance. "We want these people to trust us, you ignorant ass."

"Who are you?" asked the other kid quietly. "My name's Daniel."

"Simon," replied Simon, nodding. "Good to meet you, I suppose."

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
'Lion-thing' and other lion-thing
Umecit, en route to Ahaelos
ARPers: That big old crowd.

Cyrus and Fury followed the group, their pawsteps light and swift as they moved from Umecit to the wild, rugged territory of Ahaelos. This was familiar terrain for both Sonas; Cyrus especially. After his escape, Cyrus had hung around Ahaelos quite a bit. He'd earned himself quite the reputation as the one who had seen the Edge.

The Edge of Nexen! The very thought sent a tingle up Cyrus's spine. Driven only by sheer willpower, alone and balanced on the knife's edge between despair and redemption, Cyrus had sought out the Edge. He had known not why; only that it felt like he must. If he had a chance of restoring his sanity, that was it. He remained convinced that the sight was all that had saved him.

“Could anyone tell me…how creative people such as Graphix get when creating something new like a creature…? Since we’re looking for one I’d want to be prepared.”

The dragon tattoo on one of the other Sonas' faces - Kari was her name - popped off of the face and into the air. "A creature?" it asked with mischief in its voice. The others began to giggle in high-pitched voices that made Fury's ears twitch.

Dos went off on his own spiel, suggesting that they name their group after him. Fury rolled her eyes and let out a small growl of annoyance.

"Are you okay?" he whispered to her. She shook her head as if to clear it. "You've been acting strangely ever since the fight."

"I'm just tired," she growled, turning her head away. "Leave me alone." Cyrus looked at her with concern glinting in his orange eyes before curving slightly away to give the lioness plenty of space. Turning to Veza, he did his best to answer her question about the Grafix.

"Well," he said, "look at me if you want an example. Grafix usually focus on good aesthetic, right? Something that looks good, probably new and colorful and different. There really are no limits whatsoever. As for the name of our little group, I don't think Dos's idea will work, no offense to you, Dos. Maybe... Ah, I have no idea. I'm not very good at coming up with names."

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Inner Enfin
ARPers: narphoenix (Leroy) and Winter (Aerys and Thirteen)

The Engineer had managed to get the other two Sonas into the town hall, chatting with them privately for a short time to ascertain their intentions before letting them a room and excusing himself. He returned to his forge, but it wasn't long afterward that his attention was drawn again - apparently Leroy, an automaton, had been injured on patrol and he needed to be repaired in the field. The Engineer trekked toward the location, a bag full of metal for the repairs slung onto his muscular back.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Grant's Pass, USA
ARPer's: Velocity, narphoenix, Winter

Outside had suddenly gotten rather loud. Even with my earphones on a low volume, I could hear them talking. I lifted my head slowly, my face completely covered in the shadow of my hood and bandana around my neck. Their voices were lively, something I hadn’t heard since that weird doctor happened to just find me on the highway. For some reason, I felt compelled to go outside. I slowly got up from my chair, walked across the floor and passed what was a living room, and opened the door. Outside there were several people. Several people in colour. I stood there, slowly closing the door behind me. I hadn’t seen this many active people in one place that wasn’t on the news, that weren’t being arrested. They were hear, talking, free.

It was overwhelming.

Devon stood out of his garage, cleaning his hands off with a stained rag. He looked at the Doc’s car, and the other one that I assumed belonged to the other group of strangers. I could hear music coming from somewhere. It was an incredibly low hum, but I could tell it was music.

“Oy, quiet down. This is that garage if y’all talked to Gesser.” Devon instructed, looking at Argeno, and then at his car. “Eh yeah I think I got somethin’ that don’t stick out too much. That set of wheels you got has been through tons of rough roads. Might be able to fix ‘er up too. I’ll take a look, see what I got.”

Devon turned to Doc, looking at him unimpressed. “You, enough with the quotes. I already don’t like you.”

I didn’t like him either, he knew too much already, Enginez or no Enginez.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: That group yo.

I listened to what everyone had to say, and there was certainly a wide array of varying answers. Graphix seems more directly associated with their Sona’s creation than other Deviants were. I didn’t have much say though, I wasn’t how I originally was, and that forever left a scar on us both. Perhaps one day I would be as I was, however right now I was happy to be alive. I continued to roll along, slowly between boulders, trying not to get myself stuck between them. As I rolled over some of the smaller boulders, I felt a weird heat source from them. It was incredibly slight, but I found it odd. I slowed down and uncoiled myself, walking forward and putting my claws in the moss.

“This please is most unusual… I feel warmth from these stones.”

It wasn’t geothermal, and I wasn’t sure what it was. I looked around for any signs of some type of creature but I couldn’t find any right away.

“Does anyone else feel that we are not walking on normal ground?”

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Velocity, Winter

Adrian sat on his chair, next to his bed. The coffee remained as it was on the counter, the smell starting to claim the air in the room. His eyes were staring through the floor and into nothing. His mind had no thoughts in it and he remained almost motionless. If someone looked at him, he almost seemed sick, trying to grasp something that wasn’t there. His breathing was silent and his pale red eyes seemed to fade just a bit more. He didn’t even look up when his assistant opened the door again, and she wasn’t fazed by him sitting there, or even noticed the spilt coffee.

“Mr. Acursio, did you need anything before your meeting today?"

Adrian didn’t answer immediately, and when he finally did answer, his voice seemed to change to something that didn’t belong to him.

“No.”

“Alright.”

She closed the door promptly behind her, leaving Adrian to his own devices. He continued to sit there, as if frozen within his own mind or caught in a tumble of vertigo at the centre of limbo. He wasn’t sure how long he was sitting there for, as he wasn’t aware of anything. All of his senses were shutting off, and trying not too at the same time.

“Sss…Colo…” He muttered.

By the time he finally ‘woke’ from his state, he looked up.

“Oh…Nova and Ryza…hello.”

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 10-25-2012 at 01:47 AM.