Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Nexen [RP]

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Erai

It wasn’t the answer I was expecting, but a good one none the less. I had to admit this kid was observant as he was a good cook, but I didn’t say it. There was no need to state the obvious. I stared at the fire for a bit, realizing we were next to a gas station and fire usually meant that explosions followed afterward. That would have been an interesting site, then when it was found WAE could have a reason to label some Deviants as unnecessarily destructive. That’s what we really needed on our tags besides everything else. Then again they already called us out as terrorists…

“Your experiences huh…must have been hard.”

That’s all I could really say. I wasn’t keen on letting anyone know yet I was the special person the entire force of WAE was looking for. Mixed reactions, also I thought I was talking an awful lot today. The day had been full of surprises. With that in mind, I knew that I had to be going soon.

“If theres anything else…I would need to get going. I don’t stay in one place too long. Thanks for the bread.”

With that, I got up and slowly started back for my bike. I had to head south to the next big city that was going to be the next ‘victim of my terrorism’.

“Unless you’re also heading south.”

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen
ARPer's: Anyone involved in the Antitivity battle

I was a bit slower than the rest of our rag tag guerilla group, due to the fact I had to take this thing out by surprise with one heavy blow. That I couldn’t do by exploding the thing into tiny pieces and have shrapnel stab everyone within a twenty foot radius. No instead I decided to hover as far above it as I could, then just have gravity do the work for me. As I ascended high enough, at least what I assumed was high enough, I closed up into a ball and let myself fall. Knowing everyone was at least smart enough to move out of the way when they saw a giant ball falling from the sky coming straight towards them, I knew no one was going to get hurt…as long as my aim wasn’t off.

The fall took a bit longer than I thought, although it was a few seconds, but eventually I felt the hard force of metal and various other things hit my side, and a screeching of crushed metal and armor colliding with the ground. I felt small explosions within the armor of the tank and for that reason I didn’t uncurl myself until I knew it was safe to come out. I rolled backwards and took a look at the mess. A huge crater in the tank and whatever was inside it would be in even worse condition thanks to me.

I took in a heavy breath knowing that high ranking officer didn’t have the chance to report me. I looked around, seeing a few of the surviving Antitivity fleeing as fast as they could.

“I think that’s it…”

I didn’t notice the remaining static from the apparent EMP the tank was making earlier. Thanks to my armor I was going to be conducting it for a few moments longer, however it made me a bit stiff at the moment. I looked around and saw some Sona that weren’t in the initial group before. A pair of Tasmanian devils and some other humanoids.

“Thanks for your help.” I addressed the other strangers. “Is everyone alright?”
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Allen Whiteflower, Shiba Set, and Argeno Balk
Deviant Tungz, Tattu, and Graphix
Now leaving San Francisco, California(USA)
ARPers: Velocity(Daniel)

Al peered over the top of her hoodie's extended neck and smiled as Daniel broke the connection between his Sona and himself, reminding her to check in with Shiri soon. "A Graphix?" She asked, Argeno laughed at that.

"You gotta be careful with that stuff, kid. I should know, I'm--" Shiba interrupted, twisting back to slide the back window shut with finality before he finished speaking. "A Graphix myself. My name's Argeno Balk, and these two are about the two most important people in the world to me." Some of the tension seemed to leave his shoulders as he spoke.

"Allen Whiteflower, Tungz. Call me Al." Al offered quietly, still looking over the boy intently. Shiba grinned and reached around Al to pull up her right jacket sleeve to display the webwork of colorful tattoos covering her arm, most notably the pair of snakes that were intertwined up her arm from wrist to shoulder, one a vibrant red and the other a soothing green in color.

"That's a bit of Argeno's work, I'm Shiba Set. I'm a Tattu." She informed him with an ironic little smirk, as though she found her ink addiction and Deviant kind a funny coincidence.

Shiri Namida, Kari Penn, and Silverstreak Watermark
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone fighting the Antitivity

Kari and Silverstreak glanced around as Veza spoke, noting the Antitivity were fleeing, Silverstreak sank back into Kari's skin, seeping through her jacket as though it wasn't there at all. Shiri looked around as well, eyeing the damage in disdain, she really did hate physical fighting... Her attention turned to Kari as the human Sona let out a soft laugh, noting that Silverstreak's image on her face was moving, settling back into place. "Dangit, Silverstreak, that tickles!" Kari accused.

/I cannot help that I feel uncomfortable in all but this one spot on your face./ Silverstreak shot back, earning another giggle from her as Veza asked about everyone else's well-being. They were fine--but then again, Shiri tended to stay out of action and Kari and Silverstreak tended to play it safe and used more long to mid range attacks than anything.

"We," The pink-haired Sona spoke up, indicating herself and the two other Sona who traveled with her "are perfectly fine. Nevermind Kari, once attached to her skin, any movement the dragon makes apparently tickles."

"We're glad to help--this is our main area of residence, it'd be a shame if it were to fall to the Antitivity." Kari piped up, grinning, while the silver tattoo's head on her face inclined and then returned to it's original position on her face, producing another round of giggles.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE Base, ?
ARPers: Sabi(Adrian)

The halls were, not surprisingly, white, and devoid of almost all decoration. Ryza wasn't sure exactly what she was expecting, but this had been a letdown. Meanwhile, Nova kept babbling, trying to advise her to do this and that, but most of all--be polite and try not to act like the complete psychopath she was at times. The sunglasses were supposed to stay on, not that she minded, considering the blinding white hurt her eyes. After a bit of walking and listening to nothing but Nova's suggestions, Ryza was sick of it when they got to a large door that Nova opened with ease and lead her in before him. "Here is the girl, sirs." The cheer in his voice was suddenly gone as he lead her to a pair of open chairs around the large, round table. Ryza shivered and wanted to yank away from his touch as she was reminded of the feel-nothing people that had made her the way she was and tended to her for the longest time before Nova came. She hated them, most often that was what people looking into her eyes were bombarded with, images from the experimentations... She stifled the urge and let Nova lead her to the seat, clutching Cecil to her so tightly it was a wonder the stuffed cat didn't explode. "This is Ryza Hale."

Immediately, she noticed she was sitting directly across from a man with pale, nearly colorless skin and pale hair, his eyes were blood red. There wer a handful of others with them, but she only noticed him. She shivered again and clutched her stuffed cat tighter.

Aerys and Thirteen
Wandering through Enfin
ARPer's: None, atm

"Are you sure this is the right way?" She asked for what felt like the fifty billionth time to Thirteen, who sighed.

"Aerys, I have spent almost my entire life in these tunnels, yes. Yes, we are going the right freaking way." The little Vampire growled through her teeth, agitated. She glanced back to notice the look of strain on the humanoid robot Sona's face and sighed.

"What is it they're doing to her now?" Thirteen snapped, really wishing the idiotic WAE would just leave the unstable girl alone. Aerys got incredibly testy when Ryza was annoyed, and she really didn't want half of Enfin falling on her because the Guardian went into a Ryza-induced rage, destroying anything in sight.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 12-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dos
Umetic, Nexen/(briefly) Outskirts of Enfin, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone in battle of Umetic

The tank thingamagigy (notice my very scientific terms) let loose an electric pulse, which knocked out a phoenix (not the one I was gonna yell at, another one) and badly battered another creature. I instinctively threw my "hands" up. This was a mistake.

The pulse slammed the hands backward, throwing me straight to the entrance of Enfin, but not before I saw the twins take out the tank's hover generator. By the time I came back to the battle, the rest of the antiSonas were fleeing. The gargoyle had, quite resourcefully, smashed the falling tank under her own weight.

For some reason, I decided I liked her.

"Whew, battle's over. Hovertank dude is dead, Alfeelo is dead, antiSona's are running away, thankfully without knowing who the gargoyle is. But in the heat of battle, I don't believe I got a chance to introduce myself. I am Dos, and I have some yelling to do."

But before I got a chance to start yelling, I got a whiff of what Greg was doing.

<WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING?!>
<Exiting the facility.>
<BY MAKING IT EXPLODE?!?!
<Would you rather the alternative?>

And with that, he left.

Doc
San Francisco, CA
ARPers: Anyone with a radio (or TV, if they still exist), this is being broadcasted live.

I put a jar in my coat and the other two in my lab coat. I then sneaked into the Auditorium, hung up my coat on the coat racks in the back, near the entrance, and sat down in the front. I put my pistol in my hand, for I couldn't shake the feeling that this was going to go horribly wrong.

And wrong it went.

The MC called,"And now, Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos, here to present Dr. Zhao's research on room temperature plastination."

I carefully concealed everything I had in my lab coat (scalpels, gun and bullets, two jars... I especially made sure the lab coat I brought with me was designed for storage) as I walked up to the stage.

At the moment I turned around, I saw the door to the outside burst open, while a voice calmly shouted,"Arrest that man, he is a DEVIANT."

And everything went to all hell.

Everyone looked at one another, confused, trying to figure out who the WAE patrols were talking about. I began to laugh.

"Excellent! Finally, some action." I cockily tilted my head to the side, taking in the positions of the five WAE patrols based on how close they were to my jacket. I showed the gun I had in my hand, and pointed it at the leader.

"Really? You shoot that, and all of us shoot back. Regardless of your abilities, you will perish, taking only one, maybe two, of us with you."

"That's only true if I hit one of you at once. Fortunately, I have preperations in place to help me take care that little snag. Boom, gentlemen." I laughed evilly, and shot my jacket, which was still in place, conveniently near the officials.

The three officials closest to my jacket were dead in an instant. The other two were thrown back, knocked out. The scientists were shocked, frozen.

I ran.

I heard the news van outside, "WAE officials are currently attempting to capture Deviant Dr. Gregory Matthew Xanatos. They are believed to be acting on a confidential tip- WHAT THE?!"

Perfectly timed with the explosion, Ms.

I ran to my truck, opened the door, turned it on, closed the door, and stepped on it. Dos, then decided to contact me:

<WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING?!>
<Exiting the facility.>
<BY MAKING IT EXPLODE?!?!
<Would you rather the alternative?>

I left my mind, and focused on the road. There were probably going to be more.

Last edited by narphoenix; 12-07-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Freudian Slip
Old 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Blake Skelt
Deviant Grafix
Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
ARPer’s: None

There it it… The town was coming near. For so long, he had been stealing from the stores of the small town. It was the only way to survive. To tell the truth, he didn’t even like that he relied on the stores. He only stole what he needed to live and avoid insanity. All he needed was water, food and pencils.

ake… Blake? Can you hear me? A voice was calling out to him. Was that his sona?
Frost? Is that you? What do you want?
I was just telling you what’s going on. An antivity group managed to make it into Umecit. A small group of powerful sonas are trying to fight them off.
Umecit? Isn’t that fairly far from Velvod? How the heck did they make it there?
Well, yes. But you know perfectly well that it’s foolish to believe that cave system will hold them off forever.
Fair enough. Are you going to go help them?
I do not believe it’s necessary. They seem to be winning, if they haven't already.
I was just going to go get some new pencils. I think my old ones rolled down the mountainside.
Just be careful. You know that the security is going up there, the last thing you want it for them to get your picture.
Yeah, yeah. I know. If I’m ever on the run, I always carry my first notepad with me. That’s all I need.
Fine, but- The child cut him off. He didn’t need further warning. The short conversation seemed to take up most of his trip down. He climbed down a couple more yards until he reached the village.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612

Last edited by Frost Dragon; 12-05-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Drauvant Domini
WAE Tungz
San Fransisco
ARPers: None.

Domini watched the truck go, unsure of whether to pursue it or simply put out a watch: old, rusty red trucks containing idiot Deviants, specifically one idiotic pale orange-haired -

Red? Orange?

Domini stopped dead and took a good look around. He blinked once, and then it was gone, but - for who knew how long, he had seen colors without even noticing.

Damn, not again, he thought. He always saw spurts of color whenever Fury was having strong emotions, or was in trouble. But ever since looking at the redheaded boy's drawings, he had been seeing across the entire light spectrum just as sporadically. And he had sensed nothing from Fury: no rage, no sorrow, no joy, no pai-

AAAAAARGH!

The world spun in circles and turned upside-down. Domini staggered into a short alleyway and collapsed against a wall, feeling like he had been struck by a bolt of lightning. When he opened his eyes, he was alone in a world of white... except for the lioness lying on her side, looking dead, about a hundred feet away.

Domini had no time to think. He ran to his Sona's side, feeling a concern that surprised him. He put a hand on her flank - she was still breathing. Thank God.

Domini had once met with his Sona like this quite often. They had been neither in Nexen or on Earth in their minds; instead their thoughts had been somewhere in between. But they hadn't shared this space in a long, long time.

"Wake up," Domini snarled. "You won't die. How are you supposed to be the conscience I ignore if you're dead?"

Fury twitched at the sound of Domini's voice. "Don't touch me, Drauvant," she coughed. "The last person I wanted to see before I die - it's not you."

"You aren't going to die," Domini repeated angrily.

"Why do you care?" Fury shot back. "You're nothing but a WAE, Drauvant. No emotions. No soul."

The most amazing thing was that Fury's words hurt.

She grunted, then opened her eyes. Her fur was gray and plain to Domini, but her eyes were like purple lights in the darkness. "Let go of me. I have to go back, and find Cyrus."

"Cyrus?" there was that name again. "Who's Cyrus?"

"Cyrus Nelvenmig," grunted Fury, confirming Domini's suspicions.

Domini decided to hunt for more information. "Why do you need to look for him? Was he hurt?"

Fury grunted. "Probably. There was a WAE raid on Umecite. We... managed to stop most of it. But Cyrus was injured. Honestly, we were lucky that dragon was there. She saved us. She was odd-looking though: A huge, cyborg-dragon with an air of aloof in-betweenness. She was like a war machine, destroying everything in her path."

Domini stopped. Could it be the super-weapon?

Fury interrupted his thoughts with a critical glare. "What are you plotting?"

Domini didn't answer. He was coming to, looking around at the grey-bleached city. He pulled out his cellphone, ignoring the stabs of anger, then rage that came from his Sona. He had a call to make, and then he had a uniquely troublesome bunch of Deviants to stalk.

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base

Ring, ring, ring.

Teri stifled a sigh and glanced over at her cellphone, which had the name 'Mr. Domini' printed across its flashing screen. She was not in the mood for a chat with her wingnut of a partner - there was so much typing that needed to be done, so many Deviants who needed breaking, so much paperwork that needed to be filed that Teri felt like she was drowning in work. With tense shoulders she scooped up her phone, pressing the little green symbol on the screen to take the call. She wedged her phone in between her shoulder and cheek.

"What do you want, Mr. Domini?" she demanded, keeping up her fast-paced typing.

"The Umecite raid failed, Teri," said Domini without preamble.

Theresa stopped. Acursio would not be pleased. That had been an important raid, one that could weaken Umecite and potentially cripple the area. "How do you know?"

"My Sona was there," Domini replied.

"And whose side was she on?"

"Doesn't matter," Domini grunted, letting Teri know that she'd hit a nerve. "Either way, the raid was broken up by a small group of powerful Sonas - one who I know is an escapee, and another one who could potentially be the super-weapon."

"Holy hell," muttered Teri. She swiveled her chair away from the computer.

"Fury described the Sona as a 'huge, cyborg dragon' with... How did she put it? 'An air of in-betweenness'. In between WAE and Nexen. There's a possibility it's the weapon, Teri."

Theresa paused to let this sink in. "What do you want me to do?"

"Let Acursio know that the raid failed, and send your Sona out to check and see if it's really the super-weapon," Domini said. "Let him know about that, too."

"Fine," Teri replied, even though she preferred to keep her distance from that creepy, pale freak. She hung up, then stood and began to walk through the halls. She was fairly certain that Acursio was in some type of meeting or conference. She stopped a man in the hall and was told, "D Wing, room 003." She hurried to that meeting hall, stopping outside the door and sitting in one of the empty, hard gray chairs. She then closed her eyes to contact her Sona.

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco
ARPers: Winter_Cherry (Al, Shiba, and Argeno).

Daniel listened as the others introduced themselves. It was odd being around them: he'd never been with other Deviants for any length of time, thanks to his parents' oppression of his creative instincts. But these people seemed different from even his barely-WAE parents. They had a life about them that Daniel had never seen before.

"It's great to meet all of you, really," he said with a smile. "Um... Where are we going?"

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Possibly Sabi (Amiel) and Araizaa (Salem).

Lousy stupid broken piece of freaking junk motorcycle I'm gonna...

Simon was not very pleased with the motorcycle, to say the least. The thing - it looked, honestly, like a giant plastic children's toy - had been spitting out black smoke for hours, but he hadn't expected it to die completely. Let alone to die, fall on its side, and make him crack his head against asphalt. For once, he was glad he had worn a helmet.

He stood up, pushing the side of the bike off of him, where it had nearly crushed his legs. He had no idea where the bike was broken, not that he had any means of fixing it since that stupid WAE guy had made him lose his tools.

Calm, Simon, The Engineer advised. You'll give yourself away, being that passionate about... a motorcycle? Isn't that that silly little wheel-device you like to sit on?

Simon sighed. The Engineer was really smart, but he was also pretty ignorant of human technology. Yes. And it's broken, meaning that I have no way to get anywhere and I'm stranded by some lousy old gas station with no way to get to Seattle but my feet and there's no way I'm doing all that walking just to go filch groceries.

Here came the sarcastic advice: Well, unless you wish to take up anorexia, you'll have to get groceries. And anyway, Seattle is our only lead about Them. He paused to think. Can't you just fix the motorcycle?

Didn't The Engineer understand? Simon wasn't even sure he wasn't being tailed, and The Engineer thought Simon was concerned with looking for Them at that point? What a laugh. No, I lost my tools when I was running from that WAE officer.

You said you're at a gas station? They might have tools.

As much as Simon hated to admit it, his Sona had a point. Maybe I - oh, geez, what's that amazing smell?

He stopped dead. The aroma of rich, warm, buttery bread had just hit his nostrils, replacing his brain with starvation and his stomach with hope. He took a step toward the gas station, which seemed to be emitting the smell. He could feel The Engineer's distraction, and since no warnings were forthcoming, he walked closer. All of his instincts were screaming 'trap', but Simon was starving. And anyway, why would someone who could cook like that, someone who was obviously a Deviant, care to set a trap for him?

Be careful, Simon, he heard The Engineer warn, but Simon was too hungry to care.

Katherine
Angelic Antisona
Inner Ianu, moving toward Umecite

Katherine heard a voice calling her from the distance. She stopped her wandering the lush Ianu fields to listen. After a moment's pause she realized that it was her WAE.

Katherine, I need a favor. Would you mind terribly heading toward the site of the planned Umecite raid? I need you to spy on the Sonas who prevented it, but not reveal yourself to them. One of them is a known fugitive and the other is potentially the super-weapon.

Katherine paused. She had heard about the dragon, but she didn't understand why it was being so ardently pursued. She was not, however, about to refuse an offer that likely ended in her getting to rip flesh. Of course I don't mind. As long as I get a chance to fight.

Later, promised Theresa, ending the contact. Katherine spread her wings wide and leaped into the wind, flapping powerfully to get to Umecite quickly. It would not do for her to miss her chance.

The Engineer
Neutral Griff-Sona
Inner Enfin

Velvod. Just the word made The Engineer's coat lift. But for some reason, he had chosen to stay in Enfin, a stone's throw away from the Antitivities' stronghold. He hated the just the thought of that place and yet... It was strangely alluring to him, too.

The remainders of his left-frontal shoulder muscles twitched within their cast of shiny bronze, as though remembering the torment they'd been through at the escape from the WAE base. One leg blown off in an explosion. The wing on the same side ripped off by a panther with a serpent for a tail and diamonds for teeth. The Engineer was lucky that Simon had been able to help him create new limbs for himself, or he would never be able to become his new home's smith - and unofficial leader.

He shifted his massive weight and stared around at the tools in his forge. He had no projects to work on, no weapons or repairs needed made. He was bored, for the first time in a while. Probably because Enfin had been unusually peaceful. He had heard rumors about attempted attacks on Umecite, which made him uneasy - Umecite was well-protected, but if it was taken, all of Nexen was probably next.

Lousy stupid broken piece of freaking junk motorcycle I'm gonna...

The Engineer blinked. Simon's smoldering anger seared across his consciousness, hot even to a phoenix. The rage stood in sharp contrast with The Engineer's own calm, slow thoughts.

Calm, Simon, The Engineer advised. You'll give yourself away, being that passionate about... a motorcycle? Isn't that that silly little wheel-device you like to sit on?

He heard the mental equivalent of a sigh from his Deviant. Yes. And it's broken, meaning that I have no way to get anywhere and I'm stranded by some lousy old gas station with no way to get to Seattle but my feet and there's no way I'm doing all that walking just to go filch groceries.

And there was that anger again. The Engineer wondered why on earth Simon was so angry - he wasn't usually like this. Well, unless you wish to take up anorexia, you'll have to get groceries. And anyway, Seattle is our only lead about Them. He paused to think. Can't you just fix the motorcycle?

No, Simon replied huffily, I lost my tools when I was running from that WAE officer.

Frankly, The Engineer had no idea what Simon was talking about, but it wasn't surprising. Perhaps, reasoned The Engineer, Simon's anger was caused by fear of pursuit. You said you're at a gas station? They might have tools.

Good point... Simon seemed loath to let go of his anger. Maybe I - oh, geez, what's that amazing smell?

The Engineer was about to say that he really had no idea what that amazing smell was, when he heard a voice.

"Engineer, sir? The sentinels say that there's a couple of Sonas wandering our tunnels."

The Engineer turned to see Lancel, a young boy with elvish ears, almond-shaped eyes, and violet skin staring up at him. The boy was his apprentice as a smith.

"Fine," The Engineer replied. "Tell Devon to send someone to keep an eye on them, find out if they're Antisonas or on our side. Tell them to report to me once they find out anything."

Lancel nodded and ran off, leaving The Engineer to his and to Simon's thoughts. The boy was wandering toward the back of the gas station, following the aroma of bread. Be careful, Simon, warned The Engineer quietly. Simon gave no reply.

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
Angry Magical-Sonas
Umecit.
ARPers: Those fighting the Antivity.

"Fury! Wake up!"

Cyrus was pressed up against Fury, shoving his muzzle against hers, snarling into her ears. The huge, robotic dragon's fall had shocked him out of his stupor and he was trying desperately to awaken his friend.

"Cyrus, you're hurting me," Fury complained quietly. She opened her eyes - those rich, violet eyes that had drawn Cyrus to her like a moth to flame from the start. It was all Cyrus could do not to shiver with relief and joy.

"Thank you for your help," the dragon addressed everyone. "Is everyone all right?"

"Be fine," Fury replied with slurred speech. "Where's... tank?"

"Our friend here," he flicked his tail toward the gargoyle, who seemed to be paying attention to the weird blue ball and the three humans, "fell on it and crushed it."

"Oh." Fury paused, her brow creased as though she was fighting to remember something. "Oh, no. Cyrus."

"What's the matter?" Cyrus asked.

"Drauvant..." Fury was shaking with fear and rage. "I told him we staved off the raid - about the whole fight. He knows our position, everything.

Cyrus frowned; this was no good. He told Fury he'd be back and don't move, and then walked over to the dragon, who seemed to be in charge. "Excuse me."

OOC: Seven pages in word. With 10-point font. X'D

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Erai and Velocit

I was tightening the pack on my bike, knowing that if I lost the contents inside I wouldn’t be too happy about it. The bread making guy hadn’t answered me yet but there were things to get done and never any time to do them in leisurely. As I was about ready to go back to thank the still stranger to me for the free food and be on my way, I heard another vehicle coming around. The sound made me freeze and stare in the direction it was coming from. I wasn’t in plain sight but my bike was and if my bike was so much as touched while it had my pack on I was going to hurt someone.

Very badly.

When I finally spotted the driver, and the seemingly undead bike he was driving, I relaxed a bit, at least in my mind. This guy looked like he could of lived here, and if he did I wasn’t going to question it. I noticed that his shirts were entirely filthy with who knew what. Yeah that screamed mechanic to me, and also, he wasn’t WAE. WAE always liked to keep themselves remotely neat to prevent any disturbing thoughts going out through the minds of society. Either way, I knew this guy couldn’t go farther either on the bike or not.

I just hoped he wouldn’t try to throw something at me for looking like a WAE.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen

I listened to the humanoids know as Kari, and Shiri, and the dragon tattoo who was Silverstreak. I found Silverstreak an interesting Sona, not many had Sona’s anymore directly tied to their art. Then again I was glad not to be a floating pair of scratching boards. I looked at Dos, who was now by this point, talking, or rather, yelling at his Deviant. I let him talk without interruption, not sure when the blue jawbreaker could fit into my hand would be finished.

“Thank you for assisting in taking out…well this heap of junk.” I pointed to it with my claw. “I’m sure at least one of you is questioning why I said to do so.”

Then my thoughts fell back to how I was assumed the leader. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not but I was just going to roll with it.

“There are some things I think you’ve earned the right to know. If you don’t mind finding a safer more private place in Umecit to speak that is…” I explained, thinking I could trust these Sona with my big secret.

I stopped and turned to the other Sona who addressed me. I looked at her, not knowing who she was and assuming she was from the stray pair. I shuffled my wings and tail, getting the last bit of discharge off of me so I could move properly again. Hopefully I didn’t light on fire in the process.

“Yes?” I responded.

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Winter and Velocity, metal sonic indirectly

The hall was nearly silent except for the mild chatting of the other executives. At the end of the table sat such a pale man, he was even pale by WAE standards. Skin nearly as white as the walls around him, hair a dull silver and a thin body that looked almost frail. He wore a long black jacket, slightly greyish white shirt that was hard to tell apart from his skin, black pants and shoes. The only colour on him was piercing red eyes that made your spine twist and turn, if not completely drawn into them. All sound stopped when the doors came open, and a man and a girl walked in, sitting down at the end farthest from the albino. The other, more lively gentlemen turned and immediately noticed her sketchbook, becoming wary but not being thrown into a panic. No, you didn’t panic when you were in his presence.

This was Adrian Acursio…no one knew how or why, but he was in charge of WAE, he just was and always seemed to be.

He only looked up when the girl sat down, and he noticed her gaze quickly left his. This made him smile just a bit. He put his hands softly on the metal table and got up from his seat, letting everyone know he was going to speak.

“Gentlemen, this is Ryza.” His voice was calm and pleasant, almost charming in a way, but it was devoid of almost, if not all emotion. “Yes, she is carrying a sketch book, but do not be alarmed.”

“May I ask why you brought a visual terrorist into this meeting sir?” One of the gentlemen on the far right asked, seemingly nervous of her presence despite the fact he was farthest away.

“I am getting to that. As you know it’s been apparent that the Deviants are growing more and more difficult to deal with. I forsee them turning to be a formidable obstacle, and that is something that will harm the WAE of life.”

Adrian was walking around the table slowly, making his long away around to Ryza.

“Therefore, I thought it would be suiting to have one of their very kind help us do so.”

“But sir, she’s a Deviant!”

“Please do not become uneasy.” Adrian commented, seemingly changing his tone of voice without actually doing it. “I will handle the matter myself, so that the rest of society may resume its current state. I am making you all aware of the situation so there are no surprises. There is no better way to deal with such a situation than by having the conflict being involved with just those who are not of the WAE, rather than those of and those not.”

The gentlemen looked at each other, knowing that Adrian was the Engine of WAE, and not to question the engine of WAE. After some mild murmuring, the other gentlemen knew that Adrian had nothing more to say to them, and went on their way before they possibly upset him. By now Adrian was only a few feet away from Ryza, watching as everyone else but the girl and her handler, leave the room. Once the doors echoed eerily shut, the albino went to Ryza and knelt down to her level, almost seeming, pleased to meet her.

“Excuse them Ryza. They don’t understand everything.” Adrian spoke to her softly. “Now I know you’d like to be out and not in that room they keep you in. I can give you your own place however and wherever you like. However we need one specific Deviant found…and we don’t know who and where they are. We just know how they’re going to react to your special skills.”

Adrian stopped when he heard something in his pocket shake. He stood up and pulled it out, a small and compact phone. He only flipped it open without a word, and a woman spoke on the other end, aware that Adrian was listening.

‘Sir, your appointment has arrived at the facility.’

“Thank you for telling me.” He said, turning back to Ryza. “Would you like to come with me around Ryza? I’m sure you’d like to see a place a bit more intriguing to look at.”

Then, suddenly, Adrian seemingly spoke at nothing.

“Miss Maverick you may come in.”
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Subject IX
Combat machine with possible applications as a Sona creator
WAE hedquarters, testing facility

"... Three... two... Perfect!" Said a male voice enthusiastically. The machine knew it as the voice of its creator. He was a strange man, definitely insane, working for a man that, somehow, had managed to convince an entire organization to work for him. The machine's creator, of course, only cared about his work; what the man did with what his research produced didn't seem to hold any sway. The machine had spent six long days running through an intensive testing course meant to both calibrate its weapons and develop its personality. Its secondary function, however, showed no signs of beginning, something that was written visibly on its creators face despite his apparent happiness.

"Call that guy with the creepy eyes and let him know the robot finished testing. 'bout damn time, thought that would never get done. What was that anyways, a box with hearts on it? Who the hell thought of that?!" What followed was a definite rant about the personality sections of the testing, and the machine could not blame his creator. They were ridiculous.

"What? Oh, right, the robot. Whaddaya mean it doesn't have a name?! 'Subject nine' my bankr-- Wait, this thing's still on. Good job, robot, we've got a special assignment waiting for you in..." There was a sound of shuffling papers. "Just go find the creeper with the red eyes; couldn't forget him if I bleached my brain. And you, yeah you; I remember, you were the one who put that box with the hearts on it in there, box. Stuff. Parking lot, car, goodbye, you're fired and I don't want to see you at the end of three minutes! Out!"

The machine started on its way, a feeling like a small amusement surging briefly through its circuits. But as quickly as it came, it disappeared again. The machine lumbered to a lobby and simply stood there, waiting. It knew that the 'Creeper with red eyes' would have to come this way when he was leaving. All the machine needed now was a little patience. And it was very, very patient.

((BLAHPOST, but it will get better when my other characters appear...))
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 AM
Winter Offline

Just outside San Francisco, California(USA)

Where were they going? That was actually a really good question. Argeno shrugged, eyes still on the road. "Away from here, first of all. We'll get a more concrete plan in motion once we're relatively safe. Meaning a few towns away and in a different vehicle."

Shiba nodded at the answer, seeming to think for a moment. "There was a report of a Deviant hijacking Seattle's sound system earlier, maybe we'll try to hunt the mastermind down, or see if we can track down some old friends."

"There aren't too many Roses left in San Fran, Shiba, let alone outside of San Fran, no idea who you're planning on trying to find if we go that route. Only bright side to this is that I get to be of some use and help jack a car." Al spoke up thoughtfully.

"A van. If we're jacking something, I want a van where I can stretch out." Shiba spoke up, Argeno grimaced, he couldn't easily maneuver a van, but Shiba did have a point. With the way Deviants seemed to be suddenly popping out of the woodworks, they would need a bigger vehicle.

"Van it is then. Anyway, Daniel, got any questions or anything to put to us? I'm sure any of us is willing to offer answers within reason." Argeno asked simply, trying to start up a more interesting conversation.

Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone involved with the fight against the Antitivity

Kari snorted as Veza mentioned wondering why it was that the guy in the hovertank had been so important to get rid of. "Obviously he's important and he was gonna get away. If he'd have gotten back to his higher-ups and told them about us, we'd all be screwed. Now, if it's a more personal motive, okay, but it's not like it would have affected all of us if we hadn't helped him get away, so it isn't as if we weren't helping to save ourselves as well." Shiri nodded, and then spoke up at the mention of a safer place to talk.

"Well, we'd offer up our home here, but I'm not sure everyone would fit there...anyone got any other ideas?" The pink-haired Siren asked, sounding almost cheerful, looking around at everyone in the group--it had expanded quite a bit from it's original number.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: Sabi(Adrian)

At first, Ryza had been focused on nothing more than the man across the table from her and how much he scared her--he didn't look right, he seemed different than the others, had that air that even if she tried as hard as she could, her twisted ability would never be able to touch him. However, as the objections to her appearance started, Ryza's attention went to how much she hated the men sitting around her. A time or two, her arms clutching both Cecil and her notebook to her twitched as though she had the urge to tear the sunglasses off her face and force the to stare into her eyes and drive them mad--completely and utterly mad. She would have loved to hear those same voices calling out against her screaming in pure terror from the twisted thing she showed them, but Nova reached over and grabbed her arm gently in warning.

It was unneeded, but very much welcome. She reminded herself that she had to endure, this was the only way she would ever be free of them, she had to keep hold of herself and prevent herself from getting away. She listened as the man she feared argued for her, though she still couldn't bring herself to not fear him, she thought he might be different from those who seemed to prevail in the WAE. If he didn't scare the absolute crap out of her, she might have actually liked him.

Then it was just her, Nova, and the guy who scared her. Nova let her go, but gave a soft "Be nice, Ryza..." in warning, not that she needed it. As Adrian came closer, she found herself clinging to her stuffed cat and sketchbook, unable to really move.

“Excuse them Ryza. They don’t understand everything.” He told her softly--what a laugh, she highly doubtd even he understood everything about her, how her life had never amounted much more than drawing frantically, making up a superhero that would save her from everything and praying that one day that superhero would come to rescue her, and even when what had bothered her before stopped, they came and ruined her head, scared her to death, forced her to live sandwiched in between six flat, white surfaces with a sketchbook and her stuffed cat, forced to get rid of the ones who came to torment her by reducing them to screaming messes.

There wasn't anyone on this entire planet that could understand everything about that but her, Ryza thought, and maybe one in that other world--that annoying Aerys...

By the time he offered to let her go outside for nothing but trying to track down other Deviants--one in particular, Ryza wasn't aure what she could say. She wasn't sure she wanted to go anywhere with him, he scared her into motionlessness, he had that mostly flat, emotionless voice that reminded her of tests and needles and pain... "I..." She said slowly, forcing the word out, and thrn looking to Nova, who looked back at her through the sunglasses. "If I go...can Nova come?" She didn't particularly like him, but suddenly Nova was the only thing familiar to her, the only constant that she thought she understood fairly well. If she was going to be with this man who scared her so much, she wanted something familiar and predictable with her.

"Sir, forgive her question, Ryza may be a bit...wary of new people at first due to her past. She isn't incredibly sociable considering she was rarely ever let out of her room and when she was, it was often for the scientists heading her experimentation to run more tests and experiments on her..." He glanced away from her, frowning as though the idea bothered him as much as it did her. "Please understand."

Ryza could do nothing but hold onto Cecil and her sketchbook and wait for an answer when Adrian answered his phone, then called another in.

OOC: No idea what to put for Thirteen and Aerys atm and I'm outta time anyway...

Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dos
Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Everyone in the Battle of Umecit, but especially Inshur

Before I got to my yelling, I decided to show the gargoyle her deception was not foolproof. I was gonna have fun with this. I started out as I do usually: with dollops of sarcasm and an observance of tropes. I whispered to the gargoyle.

"Lemme guess. This is where you decide we are trustworthy enough to know your already discovered secret: that you were the secret weapon of the WAE that got away. The epitome of hope where there is none, blah, blah, blah. I know, I suspected when I met you, and it was only more and more confirmed with each action you made. I am not stupid, you know, being an Enginez's Sona tend to keep that from happening. Why do you I so blatantly launched myself at Alfeelo?"

I began to address the group.

"Anyway, I can solve the housing problem. I know Enfin like I know my name, and I have an easily exapansible home (pleasure of telekenesis). Just don't expect a place to sleep, unless you like sleeping on solid rock."

"Anyway, like I said before, I have some yelling to do."

I grabbed* the strangely mammalian Phoenix and start talking in that barely calm voice that usually preceded my screaming.

"Just who the HELL do you think you are? You just attacked them! With no plan, no thinking, no REASON. I should just throw you away to Velvod right now: let you mess up their plans instead of ours. "

It was vicious, and that last might get me stepped on, but I was barely getting into my stride.

Doc
Turning onto highway 5
ARPers: none

I turned onto highway 5 just as I was coming to an astonishing conclusion:

I was set up.

OCC: *From now on, when I say thing generally related to limbs, assume I mean that Dos is using telekenesis, unless explicitly stated otherwise. You probably knew that already, but just in case.

Last edited by narphoenix; 12-18-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

Blake Skelt
Deviant Grafix
Kroger, near the heart of the city
ARPer’s: None

Blake jammed a paper clip into the lock on the back door. Why don’t they ever get a better lock? He thought when the door opened with ease. I guess it wouldn’t matter. I would get through that too. He stepped into the store and began searching. Aisle 3, right side. Thank god people can still write. As he approached the usual spot, there were none. This can't be right... They're never out. He went back to the exit and tried to open the door.

click.

What the… He didn’t finish the thought. He was interrupted by a flash. He was right. I am too careless… And now they really do have my picture! As WAE soldiers poured in he smashed the glass door with something he found on the ground. He made a run for it, he may not have the speed advantage but he could hide. He headed for the city limits.

OOC: God why am I so bad at writing?

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base
ARPers: Sabi (Adrian) and Winter_Cherry (Ryza)

Theresa practically jumped out of her skin as Adrian's monotonous voice hit her ears. Then she shook her head; she needed to calm down. She rose slowly, then opened the door with a light touch. In the room were a single WAE scientist, the demon-child, and Acursio himself. Not quite daring to look directly at Acursio's eyes, Teri stepped into the room and closed the door behind her. In a voice as calm and patient as she could muster, Theresa said, "Pardon me if I'm intruding, Mr. Acursio, but I have recently been contacted by my partner, a Mr. Drauvant Domini. He supposedly has received information from his Sona, that a planned raid on Umecite was repelled by a small group of free Sonas. One of these apparently matched the description of..." she trailed off, glancing at the little girl and wondering whether it was good to talk about such things in front of one so unstable. "One of the Sonas apparently matched descriptions of a certain escaped Sona."

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco

Argeno's inquiry, as to whether Daniel had any other questions, caught Daniel rather off guard. Daniel looked out the window and thought about it for a moment, but there was nothing he needed to know that he didn't know already, except...

"What do you mean by Rose?" he asked. "Do you mean the little red flowers with the thorns, or someone named 'Rose', or is it some Deviant gang you guys are in...?"

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) (probably Araizaa (Salem)?).

Simon started in surprise. The smell was suddenly gone - and it had been replaced by a girl. She didn't look like much: just some young-adult-age girl with brown hair and gray clothing, with a bandana around her neck that had just a faint touch of blue. Immediately Simon felt a shiver of trepidation - this girl definitely looked WAE, and he was beginning to think that this really had all been a trap.

Simon put up his fists, knowing just how unimpressive he probably looked. Putting on his best menacing glare, he said, "Listen. You'd better stay away from me, unless you want to get clocked. I don't like you and you don't like me, so why don't we both just go our separate ways and forget this meeting ever happened, eh?"

Cyrus Nelvenmig and Fury
Angry Magical-Sonas
Umecit.
ARPers: Those fighting the Antivity.

Cyrus ignored the two Sonas' offerings of shelter, though his ears perked up before-paw, when he heard the ball-shaped Sona whispering about how the gargoyle was the super-weapon. Cyrus had to admit that he wasn't surprised.

"Whoever can house us needs to get us away from here, fast," said Cyrus. He would have to choose his next words carefully, so as not to incriminate Fury. "I can't say how, but our position has been given away, as well as the fact that we have thwarted the raid, and that we have a certain... A specific Sona here that the WAE are eager to find. We must escape as soon as possible, else we risk being killed or captured."

Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Amiel Sable
Deviant Tuner
Off of Highway 5, USA
ARPer's: Velocity

I went to my bag, only to stop and turn and look at the runt engineer behind me with a turn of my head. I knew I was looking at him blankly as he made a fool of himself, putting his fists up to me. No doubt now he thought I was WAE, but his response was entirely ridiculous and proved he was a Deviant. No respectable…wait, strike that…no insane WAE member would act in such a manner in response to seeing one person. If I were still under their complete influence I would of panicked and fled the scene by now. I stood there and looked at him for awhile, or…okay it was more staring with no emotion on my face. I waited a moment before speaking, monotonely.

“I doubt you’re capable of clocking anything, especially on that bike.” I said, looking at it a moment with a tilt of my head. “I could have easily tried to harm you, and if you got on that dying machinery, you wouldn’t have lasted long, and I could have easily run you over.”

I turned back to my own bike, preparing my helmet and getting my gloves back on. I reconnected my music player to a special compartment in my helmet, knowing it would play music from the inside of it. I checked my bag again, making sure all the contents were in there and well protected just in case of an accident. I knew my driving was great, but things happened. I passed for a moment, wanting to tell Veza something, and ask her a favor. Afterwards, I turned back to the stranger, not one to be too social, but I wasn’t one to leave a Deviant in trouble.

“I’m going south. You aren’t going to last long. You can tail me until you either break down or you can get some help…whoever comes first.”

I waited patiently for an answer as I waited patiently for a phone call.

Veza Ryngsen
Umecit, Nexen

I knew that it was starting to become more and more obvious as to who I was. I wasn’t going to deny it, but right now I wasn’t going to confirm it. Our position being given away threw me a bit off guard though, and with that, I wasn’t going to wait on anything. It was time to bounce.

“Apparently I’m not the only one who has something to explain…” I said quietly, about to curl up into a ball.

Both my wings were at my sides, ready to just move out of this space and back into the city when my thoughts were invaded.

‘Veza.’

‘Amiel, someone knows about what we’ve done, make this fast.’

‘I need you to talk with Gess. I need a tune up and someone else here may as well.’

‘I’ll see if he’s open. I’ll talk to you later.’

I shook my head, awakening from the semi meditative trance, looking back at the other Sona’s who were with us. We now at least had a place to talk, even if I was running an errand for my Deviant, it was the safe way of doing it. If she found another Deviant, great, the more people we had safe the better it was for us.

“I have a place in mind. Follow me, and fast.”

I curled up into a ball and started rolling back into town speedily. Despite the fact I couldn’t see, I knew where I was going, I could feel it. Don’t ask me how I could memorize the feel of a street, I just knew. Down one street and around a few corners, the best part of Umecit was that nothing stayed even for lone, and archways, bridges and even aqueducts passed over the streets, making aerial followers easy to lose. Even on foot, some of the places twisted and turned so bad, one wrong step and you would lose someone. Those were the kinds of alley’s I was rolling down, making sure the others were following. I stopped near an awkwardly shaped door that blended in with the rest of the terracotta coloured buildings, all seemingly mashed together in some sort of hybrid block mass. I tapped my claws on the door, leaving it to swing open on it’s own. The opening wasn’t square, but a misshapen rectangle with a wave in it. I could barely fit my way through it, but I somehow always managed. I poked my hea out, looking to see if the others were following.

“Eh eh that V?”

I turned back, seeing what looked like a hybrid of a ferret and a bear, standing behind a counter. He had bright neon zig-zag markings that I knew changed colour every so often, and at the moment they were electric blue. He had a big fang filled grin on as he had his arms crossed against the counter. The room was fairly big, with some tables and chairs about, all seemingly made out of clay.

“Yeah, it’s me. Deviant needs a tune up.”

“Figured. Where she be?”

“Last I was told, south of Seattle most likely, you know her.”

He laughed a bit. “Sure, though I has a question fer eh.”

“Hmm.”

“You ain’t usually bringing a volley with eh.” I knew who he was referring to immediately. “Needs a talkin’?”

“Yeah that’d be great Gesser.” I said, turning around. “That is unless anyone wants to talk to you through to your Deviant about autoparts or vehicles…”

Adrian Acursio
WAE
WAE HQ
Affected RPer's: Winter and Velocity

Adrian only softened his gaze, had he been any more emotional he would have smiled at Ryza. He didn’t answer her question right away, rather looked at Nova to respond to him first, his expression turning to his typical, eerily emotionless one. He turned and looked at the floor a bit with a sideways glance when Nova mentioned experiments. If you knew Adrian enough the slight change in his eyes meant that he didn’t like something about that.

“How…terrible…” He said quietly, returning his focus to Nova and returning to his devoid face. “There is no further need for explanation.”

He then knelt back down to the floor, more to Ryza’s level and gave her a half smile of a pleasant look. “Nova may go with you. If there is anything else you need, you may ask me, and we’ll see what we can do.”

The albino stood back up when Maverick came in and began to speak to him. He looked at her unblinkingly, listening to every word she said, noting her acknowledgement of Ryza in the room as she neared the end of it. Once she was finished, Adrian looked off a bit to the side again, looking at nothing in particular other than a part of the floor.

“I see…” Was the only thing he said at first, followed by a long pause.

The mention of the Sona in particular aroused his own Sona, and when that happened, he had a head full of torrents of information and knowledge. His eyesight often started to act poorly, or more poorly than it normally did when he came in contact with him, and when it did, he looked almost void of his own soul. The machine that was almost his being worked away with this information, figuring out the best plan of action to follow this one that had failed. A few momments of standing there, unmoving and silently looking like a standing corpse, Adrian eyes came back into proper focus, and he looked back at Theresa.

“Success came in failure.” He told her. “Withdraw from Umecit, and send in some vampiric forces into Aheaelos and Inanu…gain more natural and wild forces and send in some feral ones so we can gain more forces. Send small squads of them too into Umecit every now and then. We have a new plan Miss Maverick.”

Adrian turned back to Nova and Ryza, looking at Ryza once again.

“This is Miss Theresa Maverick, Ryza. Miss Maverick, this is Ryza. She’ll be helping us.” He introduced calmly. “Would you and Nova like to come on a walk with me?”

He made sure to say her and Nova for the sake of her mentality.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Winter Offline

Just outside San Francisco, California(USA)

"Hmm, good question," Argeno murmured thoughtfully. "However it's Roses, not a rose, we're referring to. Al, Shiba?"

Al glanced around the cab for a moment before she unzipped her hoodie's neck and turned her head and lifted the flap where it fell over the blue-inked rose tattoo on her cheek. "The Blue Roses, it was a resistance group of Deviants that was really big in San Fran and nearby, but there was a big raid on one of our resistance events three months or so ago and a lot of the members got taken by the WAE--including my older brother, who happened to be the leader, and younger sister. It's basically been disbanded since then," the smaller girl told Daniel. Shiba's gloved hands curled into fists as Al spoke. "Argeno and Shiba are the only thing that saved me from being taken as well, they grabbed me and ran because that's what my brother told them to do if anything ever happened."

"We'll find them, one day. We'll find Grim, and Symph, and all the others one day and free them from the WAE's control... I know we will, Al," Shiba added softly, but there was no mistaking the pure resolve in her voice.

"And maybe we'll find Seth, Rosalie, and dad. I wouldn't mind seeing my own family again, you know? I bet you miss your brother, too, Shiba," Argeno added in, causing both girls to nod.

"Everyone..." Al said slowly, like she was trying to work up the courage to say what she wanted. "We'll save everyone, one day. I want to thank the Tuner who gave me my MP3..." With that, Al drew back into her music-engulfed world, trying to remember the face of the friendly Deviant who had passed her the tiny thing and told her to keep going on for the rest of them before the door closed. She couldn't remember the face, or the name, could bare remember the voice. Mostly she remembered clinging to her brother and sister with the loud bass of some random song roaring in her ears and blocking out the crashing and shouting.

"Yeah...everyone..." Shiba sighed, recognizing that Al had let go of her grip on reality for awhile. "You'll have to forgive Al, sometimes she's a bit odd. Very music-centric; don't touch her MP3 player if you know what's good for you, that's about the only time you ever see her get violent. Anyway, sorry about that bit there--we got a bit off topic, didn't we? Haha, any more questions?" The mood in the car had somehow managed to get a bit heavier yet lighter at the same time as Shiba turned her gaze back to Daniel.

Umecit, Nexen
ARPers: Anyone involved with the fight against the Antitivity

The trio stayed firmly out of the other discussions going on around them, though Shiri visibly moved closer to Kari as Dos went off.

“I have a place in mind. Follow me, and fast.”

The words brought the group's attention back to what seemed to be the main plan of action. Kari looked and Veza and nodded as the Sona rolled up into a ball and took off down the street, prompting the Sona to nudge Shiri before taking off as well. Shiri bolted off just as quickly, and kept up speed by loosening up the molecules in her legs and resulting in what appeared to be a much faster, gliding walk that looked like she was rollerblading on normal shoes, although her legs and boots had become a fair bit transparent in the process. The pair of Sonas didn't have too much trouble keeping up with Veza, and watched in almost awe as she opened an odd doorway. They listened to the conversation between Veza and the odd, bear and ferret mix Sona. When vehicles were mentioned, Shiri thought back to Al and spoke up.

"Ours," she gestured to herself, Kari, and Silverstreak. "Might need a bit of help, hold on," she said before closing her eyes in concentration and nudging at Al's mind, hoping the girl was open. She got an almost immediate response.

/Shiri? Are you okay?/ Al asked, sounding almost sleepy or dazed.

/I'm fine, Al, how about you?/ Shiri asked, noting her Deviant must have been listening to something soft and slow, and she wondered for a moment if something had been bothering her.

/We're fine, other than the truck... Argeno's gotta ditch the Clinker because we picked up someone being chased by the WAE and we need more room anyway--I'm sitting on Shiba's lap. She's nice as warm./ Al replied, still sounding oddly dreamy.

/Do you guys need a bit of help with that? Might have a Sona whose Deviant might be able to help./

/Wouldn't mind it, help would make things easier. You could ask... Shiba wants a van or something big she can stretch out in, though./ Al's response was almost drowsy sounding, it was quite possible she was on the edge of sleep.

/Okay, I'll ask, and have Kari try talking to Shiba, then. I'll check in on you again later./ With that, Shiri withdrew from Al's mind and back to her own. "You or your Deviant wouldn't know an easy place to steal a good van from near San Francisco, would you? Ours happen to need to switch out a truck for something bigger and might be being followed by the WAE; they picked up a kid being chased by them," she asked Gesser softly. "Any help would be greatly appreciated."

"They're in trouble again?" Kari groaned, Shiri just laughed at her.

Ryza Hale and Nova Bard
WAE Graphix and Enginez
WAE HQ
ARPers: Sabi(Adrian) and Velocity(Teri)

Ryza noticed the slight change in the man's expression, but said nothing. She had to swallow back a barking laugh at his soft “How…terrible…” Terrible? What she had lived through was beyond terrible in her book. Nova looked away for a moment before speaking up.

"They don't bother her much now, too afraid of her. She tends to handle those that annoy her with a simple, very well-directed glare," he informed Adrian simply. Ryza cracked a tiny, almost demented smile, adjusted her sunglasses, and giggled, but continued to say nothing of importance. However, a real smile broke out across her lips when Adrian told her Nova could come with her.

"Thank you," she said simply, the words sounding odd coming from her, but they came from her nonetheless. That was when another entered and explained some situation related to something she was not involved in, but she didn't miss that glance at her and the sudden awkward omission of details. At the conclusion of the woman's report, Adrian stood still and silent for a few moments before he answered her with some kind counterplan, then turned his attention back to her.

“This is Miss Theresa Maverick, Ryza. Miss Maverick, this is Ryza. She’ll be helping us.” He introduced calmly. Ryza glanced the woman up and down one quick time before she spoke.

"I would tell you it's nice to meet you, but I'm not so sure I like you or consider this nice." She said flatly, causing Nova to cringe, then Adrian continued.

“Would you and Nova like to come on a walk with me?” Ryza hugged her stuffed cat and sketchbook to her and glanced over to Nova, who smiled and nodded encouragingly.

"Yes, yes would like to go on a walk with you," She said slowly, as though not sure she agreed with the words coming out of her mouth.

OOC: If anyone's got suggestions for Aerys and Thirteen, I'm open to them.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Dr. Gregory Matthew 'Doc' Xanatos
Deviant Enginez
Gas Station off of Highway 5
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel Sable), Velo (Simon Pruitt)

I reach this conclusion without a logical train of thought, intuitively. Unfortunately, that doesn't fly in my train of thought, and, as it was a problem completely in my head (ie not in front of me to examine), I needed to pace it off. I pulled over at a gas station that appeared to be out of the way, go to the back, and engage in this long missed activity.

Oh, the feelings of bliss I felt when I, after years of control, finally get lose myself in my head. It is beyond comprehension, it was absolutely amazing. Greene's theorem floats with DNA sequences and benzene derivatives. I debate with myself in a sudden rush of thoughts, reach conclusions that, in any other climate, could have won me a Nobel prize. I finally got to think with reckless abandon. The feeling was simply bliss.

Of course, there was still reality to worry about. After thinking with enough volume for Dos to personally rip Velvod without effort, I noticed a commotion. I heard a commotion. A very feeble looking Deviant was attempting to appear menacing to a young woman who, quite frankly, could have ripped him into about a thousand million shreds inside of an instant.

Where the hell do I get these impressions? I usually don't know people, but I seem to know the woman rather well. She seems so familiar, especially after implying she was a Deviant. I make eye contact wih the woman, and a rush of recognition washes over me. The gargoyle('s Deviant) was right in front me.

Everything connected in the same second. The pitch of her voice matched with the WAE mannerism with the Deviant's needs. Based on the way she's leaning her ear to listen to the man like her ear was her primary sense organ, she was probably a Tungz or Tuner. And everything, from that sense of calm leadership, to the simultaneous fierceness and concern, match with the gargoyle. I begin to talk to the man, trying to appear I know the gargoyle girl very well. To my infinite surprise, I find it very easy.

[COLOR="rgb(152, 251, 152)"]"Allow me to personally assure you, we are all on the same side here, I give my word. I know this young woman very well. In fact, I came here to tell her something. Unfortunately, it is a bit secret, sorry."[/COLOR]. Sorry? Bullsh*t. I wasn't sorry in the slightest. But I did have something to tell the woman.

I walk up to the woman and whisper in her ear, using my hands to block my lips from being read. [COLOR="rgb(152, 251, 152)"]"Look, you think I'm BSing. That's half true. You may call me Doc. My Sona's name is Dos. He is a small blue ball wearing glasses exactly like mine. Your Sona is the gargoyle, who for some reason can curl up into a ball and set herself on fire. I promise to you, I am an ally. Just trust me. [/COLOR]. With those last three words, I probably asking the sky to light up on fire, but it still feels right. I temprarily retreat in my head, noting that Dos was following the gargoyle to some Sona whose deviant apparently did repairs. I go back to reality, and await the gargoyle girl's response.

Michael Mikulak
Deviant Tungz
WAE HQ Maximum Security Prison
ARPers: None

I am the problem.

Well technically , I am a solution, but to them, I'm a problem. I'm the twelve year old with info and a lot of it, but any attempt to get it out will result in a broken interragator who managed to get absolutely nothing out of me.

Fine by me, but now my mouth is clamped shut, and I am attended to only by robots who fill my IV bag and make sure I'm alive.

Fortunately, I have one advantage. I can make myself clear with only the tone of my voice without losing potency. But I have one shot with it. I lose my chance, and they'll probably just kill me so that I don't connive anymore.

As for now, I connive more than ever.

Last edited by narphoenix; 02-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Daniel Redrock
Deviant Graphix
San Fransisco

Daniel listened quietly to Al's explanation of the Blue Roses - a group of Deviants, fighting the WAE as one? Daniel couldn't imagine it. He hadn't grown up around any Deviants. Just meeting these three seemed weird - they were so more alive than what he was used to. So instead of imagining, or even listening really, he pulled a pencil and a sticky note out of his pocket and began to draw a rose in bloom, with widespread petals. He was gently shading one of the thorns when Shiba's inquiry, as to whether Daniel had any more questions, brought him back into the land of the living.

"Um, no," Daniel muttered, suddenly feeling nervous for no explicable reason. He jolted as he realized that Cyrus must be in trouble. Just for a moment he was stuck in one of his Sona's memories: a pair of violet eyes, soft and kind but also shining with fierce pride. Then the image faded.

What are you getting into now? Daniel thought glumly as he looked out the back window, watching the traffic behind them. Fortunately, there didn't seem to be any police cars in pursuit. Hopefully things stayed that way - though frankly, Daniel doubted they would. Any of these cars could have been carrying Domini for all he knew. The thought was terrifying. Suddenly a question occurred to him.

"I do have a question, actually," he said, lifting up his pencil and jiggling it. No lead rattled within. "Any of you got a stick of seven-point on you?"

Theresa Maverick
WAE Tuner
Ambiguous WAE Base
ARPers: Sabi (Acursio), Winter (Nova and Ryza), and narphoenix (Michael)

Teri nodded, hastily scribbling notes on a Post-It. Withdraw... Vampires to Ahaelos and Ianu. Gain wilds and naturals, send ferals. Small squads into Umecite. She clicked the pen and stuck it and the note into her pocket. A cold voice suddenly hit her ears: the psychotic young girl, saying nice to meet you or some such. She gave the girl a nod of acknowledgement. She then waited for Acursio to stop speaking before raising a hand. "Excuse me, Acursio, sir... If I may, I have one more request. If you don't mind, I would like clearance to attempt to interrogate and break the Deviant named Michael Mikulam. I believe that such an... Interesting Deviant would be an excellent test of my skills as a Deviant-breaker, and I have little doubt that I can handle his rather unique brand of so-called Tungz charisma - if I can stand up to Domini, I think I can handle a twelve-year-old brat."

Simon Pruitt
Deviant Enginez
Highway 5, USA
ARPers: Sabi (Amiel) and narphoenix (Doc)

Simon let his shoulders sag as the girl spoke, offering to let him tag along with her to wherever she was going. However, the reaction was more from disappointment than the relief that came from the girl heavily implying she wasn't a WAE - the smell of bread was gone for some reason. He straightened up again, about to say that he would be able to easily fix his bike if he could have two minutes and a good wrench, but before he got the chance a strange man in a labcoat waltzed behind the gas station with them.

"Allow me to personally assure you, we are all on the same side here, I give my word," he said, waving a hand. His voice was rich and smooth. "I know this young woman very well. In fact, I came here to tell her something. Unfortunately, it is a bit secret, sorry."

He turned to whisper in the girl Deviant's ear. Simon resisted the urge to edge closer and try to listen into the conversation, not wanting to break whatever fragile trust the girl had. Instead he leaned down to inspect the moped, feeling the engine first, and then the wheels. To his relief, the problem would be easy to fix: one of the wheals had gotten jammed. He would be able to correct the issue in no time. He stood up again, feeling his many pockets. To his dismay, he'd been right when he'd assumed he'd lost all of his tools. He watched the newcomer and the girl, waiting for them to finish talking secrets.

Cyrus Nelvenmig
Magical Lumanx-Sona
Umecit
ARPers: Those fighting the Antivity

"Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with things to explain," murmured the gargoyle. Cyrus looked at her, feeling himself stiffen. Yet again he was stricken by how familiar she was - and how much he owed her. He looked away and muttered something about how they could explain everything later, but the cybernetic dragon made no reply. Instead she curled into a ball and rolled away. Cyrus sighed and walked over to Fury, who was lying listlessly in the grass.

"Are you ready to go?" Cyrus asked in a brisk tone, hoping to re-energize his friend. If the lioness heard him, she gave no sign. "Fury, aren't you coming?"

"I don't see why I should," she snarled bitterly. "They're only going to find out I turned them in. Then they'll kill me - or worse, hand me over to the WAE. You heard that freaky metal dragon. She suspects me."

"She suspects us," Cyrus corrected, still trying to sound brisk. "Come on, Fury. They seem logical. Even if - and I do say 'if' - they were to find out, they would almost undoubtedly give you a fair hearing. You'll be fine. Besides, do you really expect me to believe you're willing to just lay here and wait for the spy Domini sent to show up and kill you or something? I don't think you do."

Fury grunted. She hesitated, then rose slowly and stiffly to her paws. Her form began to flicker and ripple. Sparks - so pale as to be almost white - danced across her body, and her purple eyes glowed. "Fine," she growled grudgingly. "Do you know which way they went?"

Cyrus angled his ears toward the battle party's position, and in an instant Fury dissolved into a cloud of white energy and zoomed off. Cyrus muttered a spell - a quick, easy spell to give him speed and stamina - and followed, his paws skimming the ground so lightly that he felt like he was flying. As he ran, he thought he noticed something dark against the pale sky - a bird? - but it quickly disappeared. He shook his head in agitation. He was seeing things. Even now, looking back at the field, he could see the image of a quickly sketched rose superimposed over everything.

If he ever got hold of the rotten Antisonas who'd fractured his mind and replaced colors with irritating hallucinations, there'd be hell to pay.

Fury
Energy Sona, now in convenient feline form
Umecite
ARPers: The Antivity-thwarters

"Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with things to explain,"
Fury winced as she heard those words. She was so sick of being the Sona with the WAE for a creator. She was tired of feeling like and being made to feel like a traitor because of Drauvant's actions. She was sick and tired of not being able to hate him for all the guilt she felt.

Much to her dismay, Cyrus was able to talk her into rejoining the group, even though it wouldn't last. They'd find out about Drauvant somehow. And then came Fury's death. Or being handed over to the WAE. She hoped her ethereal form would work for a quick escape when the time came.

She moved with the crowd, able to keep up with ease. She moved through the buildings of Umecite just as often as around them, like a ghost. When the group halted in front of a messy stretch of terracotta buildings, Fury came to a rest as well, morphing into the shape of a ginger house-cat. She padded up to Cyrus and sat next to his leg, waiting for the others to be ready to do what was next - talk, travel, et cetera.

Last edited by Velocity; 02-18-2012 at 12:56 AM.