Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 AM
AceArceus222 Offline

Default Has anyone ever noticed Ash's Pokemon evolve very often?

I think he would be a better trainer and actually beat his rivals (Besides Paul at the Lily Of The Valley Island League at the Sinnoh Region) if his Pokemon evolved more often.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:31 AM
Tasogares Red Mist Offline

Default Re: Has anyone ever noticed Ash's Pokemon evolve very often?

Well, unlike in the games he doesn't spend untold amounts of time grinding on wild pokemon in order to make his pokemon stronger. Not to mention that it is harder to find pokemon in the anime world than it is in the game world. In a *realistic* (as real as an anime can get) setting, he levels up his pokemon and evolves them in a rather correct manner. Though if he went about it like Gary, he would be much better. (Still wonders how Gary finds the time to make his pokemon so much stronger than those of Ash, despite them both going about things in the same timeframes.)
Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

In past seasons Ash seemed to want Pokemon battles more than wanting to evolve his Pokemon, meaning they would evolve when and if "they" felt ready or when it was time. He just didn't seem preoccupied with his Poke's evolution but rather having faith that the individual members of his team had the power to pull off a victory.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Tasogares Red Mist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya View Post
In past seasons Ash seemed to want Pokemon battles more than wanting to evolve his Pokemon, meaning they would evolve when and if "they" felt ready or when it was time. He just didn't seem preoccupied with his Poke's evolution but rather having faith that the individual members of his team had the power to pull off a victory.
That is true. And evolution is never as important as skill. (Pikachu is an excellent example of course.)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 PM
GhostofDaysGoneBy Offline

Well in the anime whenever some Pokemon evolve so do their personalities. Ash's Charizard is a good example of this. Some trainers might fear that their Pokemon won't be the same as it was before.

[Claims , VPP]
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDaysGoneBy View Post
Well in the anime whenever some Pokemon evolve so do their personalities. Ash's Charizard is a good example of this. Some trainers might fear that their Pokemon won't be the same as it was before.
You have to agree with him. Like when Turtwig became Grotle. He became much more slower, and they had to change their battle style. Plus I think he forces some of his Pokemon to swallow Everstones xD

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)