Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Oracion Offline

Default Re: New Horizons: Dark Arceus [all-inclusive mon/morph/trainer/wild/etc]

Callisto
Streets of Veilstone, Early evening

The dim orange pools made by the streetlights glowed lazily along the city, bathing it in a fuzzy, muted halo of light. Lumbering along with her bag of coins, she hugged the edge of the pools of light as much as possible, without walking either in the middle of the street nor in the spotlight of the lamps, where she would be most visible. She marched on, pounding out the anger and fear beneath her feet without any purpose or direction.

"What am I doing?" She finally came to a stop, somewhere at the edge of the barren Veilstone square, a large expanse of flat, empty stone road that was remarkably squared. She stood awkwardly rigid at the edge of the square, a small teen girl clutching the strap of an over-sized and over-stuffed bag, but with no one to comment or stare. Callisto stopped and stared at a small puddle of water that had collected between the stones of the road, watching the deepening lazuli blue of the sky reflected back as a tar black. She hated Sinnoh, hated it with a passion that reverberated down through her bones. It was cold, it was dark all the time, it was 50% rocky and barren and icy and the other 50% inaccessible or developed and that inexplicable extra percentile that made even the beautiful flower-covered towns and muffled, peaceful woods as dark and menacing as...

She winced at the memory. The small pool splattered and rippled at her kick. How could she have known? He seemed so kind, so understanding of the betrayal of who she thought had been a guardian angel. She tried searching that memory, any memory of Julien that could have hinted....but there was nothing. He was a frail figure, willowy and fragile like a reed that could be snapped by a stiff breeze. His face was calm and timid with a faint, tranquil smile, yet he could project an air of quiet, placid confidence no matter how many oglers stopped to stare at his odd attire and his hair. They were no doubt trying frantically to guess his age. 18? 30? 100? It was impossible to tell for sure. Even she hadn't dared to make an estimate. If he had dressed casually, or at least a little more normally, he would look too much like one of those thin, undernourished high school boys to catch an eye. After all, what young man wore a formal suit out on public streets, and with light grey hair no less?

Callisto frowned. She could never quiet get used to that silver hair. It seemed to move independently of him. Of course, she reasoned, his hair was so frail it simply caught every gust of wind, but now she wasn't so sure. She wanted to hate it too, his hair and his eyes, the constant reminders of his oddities, their oddities. The wide, deep eyes which he took great care not to let land on her's were neither compassionate nor cruel, but permanently melancholic, reflecting an unimaginable sorrow. How she wished she could bring herself to despise them. Her need to keep her mind occupied got her feet moving as she walked off towards the fuzzy glow of the city.

Though Hoenn was the only home she had ever known, even if a false one, she had thought getting him away from Mt. Pyre would be the best way to keep him tame. *The other side of the world, what could be safer? *She had no idea that Julien had a past here, a terrible one. *She had been completely ignorant of Sinnoh's geography, of its history, of Julien's odd affinity for it mixed with a strange aversion at the same time. Her first memory of the Sinnoh Mountain range, and of course, Mt. Coronet, the most imposing mountain peak in the world, was all too clear. It was cheerily nicknamed "The Death Mountains" by the locals, for the frequent ghost sightings within the caves and the giant dark swirling vortex around Mt. Coronet's peak that led to the Reverse World. She remembered how Julien stood at the entrance of Mt. Coronet, entranced, staring at the cloud, staring deep into the mountain. She remembered*how the mountain seemed to howl...

A piercing white light filled her vision. “Oh not again.” There was nothing in the whiteness, nothing at all but a resonating GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG, GONG,...tink...BRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNGG!!!!.....L ight clouded her vision for an instant. Panting heavily, it ebbed until the overly-bright lights of the city returned. Her ears still rang from the noise. “What on earth was that?” Holding her head in a daze, she blinked several times before the sign on the building before her came into clear view. “The bank! Oh no, oh no oh no oh no!” She snapped into focus, glancing down at her stuffed bag of coins and back at the darkened glass doors. Closed for the night, come back tomorrow.

Cursing her luck and her dis tractability once more she trudged back to the hotel with her cumbersome spoils in tow. Luckily, they had managed to book a suite without too much trouble from the receptionist. His, well, everything, had attracted attention as usual, but once they learned of his considerable financial status no comments were made. After all, it doesn't do well to comment on a billionaire’s eccentricities. Julien had a few qualms with the room choice, but she was content with the second-best suite. True, one would expect a morph to be content with any living conditions other than a barred pen, but Callisto had never known the life of a morph, nor ever seen the inside of her lab, having lost her memory long afterwards. Julien had remembered, if only faintly, his life before escaping, but he had been kept separately from the other morphs and had had special privileges and a comfortable, even pampered, life. Alone in the elevator to the suite, Callisto couldn't help but flush red at the thought of what the receptionist had commented about the two of them. She shook it off. “Stupid receptionist, stupid Julien, stupid everything, stupid me.”

~~~~~~~~

Julien
Veilstone outskirts, Early evening

"HEY, DEATH!!!" The intense blast of grey flames glanced off the blade of his scythe, forcing him to recoil back into deeper shadows. He had been stupid, thinking he had fully melded into the shadows when he was still in corporal form. Fear always made him forget, drop his guard. It lured him like bait, to his own demise if he failed to see the line attached. Julien gripped the wooden staff. What was once a sleek, black walking cane with a sliver topper was now a gnarled wooden staff, taller than himself, with a metre-long crescent blade honed to a deadly sharp edge along the inner curve. The furred girl was now trying to fight, but could barely conjure enough flames to leave her mouth. The two newcomers, a boy and his shiny flareon, dazed him for a second, and he nearly forgot to avert his gaze from the flareon's eye as she tried to combat him with a stare-down.

Julien's lips twitched with unbidden amusement. “He calls me Death,” he thought, letting the ghost of a peaceful smile spread before snuffing it out. Now was not the time for smiling. Still, the thought lingered. “He calls me by my Master's name.” It filled him with a strange feeling. Was it amusement?

“[D-damn it... Not now...I don't wanna die... I don't wanna die!]" The girl, he assumed it was a morph, but he wasn't certain, was now trying to scream for her life. This time he could not hide his amusement and let out a timid, almost girlish giggle. Remembering his manners, but forgetting Callisto had his hat, he whipped off an invisible hat and fell to a knee in a sweeping bow.

“[Mes'moiselles, m'sieur, please, forgive me, I do not mean to cause anyone any harm.]” Julien spoke in poketongue and kept his voice to a near-whisper, as it usually was, his eyes firmly set on the ground at his feet. He wanted to explain, to reassure them that he was only doing his duty, but no human, even altered, would understand. The ghosts do. They were the only ones. So often, pretending to 'fill his quota', as he had lied to Callisto, he would go to the Lost Tower, lured back by a sense of companionship amongst them, but pushed away time and time again by the odd distance between even him and the dead.

Daring to look up, even if only for a second, he watched the boy, his pokemon, and the girl, making sure to avoid their gazes. He watched their souls ignite their bodies with an invisible flame, their hearts pumping blood through their veins. He couldn't be certain if his heart was even capable of beating, or was the pounding of blood through his veins just another obscure illusion. One more futile, cruel taste of an intangible human existence. “A breath away from life, but never living,” he remembered, from a quote he heard long ago, “A heartbeat away from death, but never dying.” “[I'm sorry if I have caused you alarm,]” he said under his breath, holding out his palm, “[Please, I, I wish to help, please.]”

~~~~~~~

Professor Aspen
Johto Medical Research Centre, Late afternoon

Professor Aspen watched on the screens as the news report was played and re-run on every news network in the country, translated into five different languages, none the less. If only Masters Lucian and Allison hadn't died. No, not died, killed. Murdered. He crunched the styrofoam cup in his hand, still full of coffee, and let it fall to the tiles in a messy brown splatter. Morphs had been leaked out of the labs in tiny dribs and drabs ever since the beginning, over a century ago. Still, there were no more than two in the wild at any given time, not enough to cause such a security disaster as the situation since the Dubois' deaths. “If it weren't for...”

“Professor Aspen, there's been a hit!” Aspen whirled around in his chair, shutting off the screens. He stared at the scientist who had entered his study, willing her to go on. She quickly took a slim, metal rod and placed it on the desk, pressing the button on the end. Pulling on a tiny, almost invisible handle on the rod's sleek surface, she pulled so that a long, thin rectangle detached from the length of the cylinder, a holographic screen appearing in between the two sections. “Police activity has increased dramatically in one area in particular with no alert sent to the public.”

Aspen took the holoscreen from her hands and focused the map. He placed his palms flat on the tabletop to avoid splintering the delicate instrument between his fingers. A red blip showed in the north of one city in particular. Veilstone, Sinnoh.

~~~~~~~

????? + ?????
New Mauville, afternoon

“Are you sure you remembered everything?”

They looked like electricians, from their safety goggles to their full-body electrical charge deterrent suits to their heavy, padded gloves, gripped around various cords and tools. The man nodded to the woman who had spoken. “Everything I could think of, plus some that I don't even know how to use.”

The two walked purposefully along behind a nosepass, which glided along the steel tiles of New Mauville with a faint grinding hiss. The woman brushed away a curious magnemite. “Good, it doesn't do well to underestimate them. Even a plusle could pack a punch if you're not prepa-”

The man shot out his hand suddenly to block her path. A few reflected flashes danced through the hallways of New Mauville, with echoing howls following like the thunder after the lightning. Then nothing. They stood still, waiting. Still nothing. The nosepass was still moving along ahead of them, showing the way. The man took out what looked like a long coil of rope, unfurling it into a net dancing with pulsing, spiked nodules of unknown fluid. “Looks like we have clean-up duty as well as recon.” he whispered.

The woman took what looked like a particularly large screwdriver from her belt, tightening her grip on the handle until it extended into a meter-long rod that ended in a wickedly sharp point. Red sparks flooded silently from the tip. “Hey, be happy we've only got the plusle job and not the Legendaries.”

He shuddered, one hand on the net, his other on another weapon on his belt, which resembled a regular clamp. “That's no possible now, they canceled the recon on those ones. Remember what happened to the agents who went after them?”

She would've answered if their nosepass hadn't been confused by the charge of a group of nesting electrodes. They buzzed with annoyance and glowed with their intention as the nosepass pointed obliviousy at the horde. “Aw screw you,” she pointed the tip of the weapon towards the cluster and the red spark short out at them like a ravenous swalot. It landed on the first on it hit, latching itself and crawling out to the entire cluster like a herd of ravenous, burning red joltiks, ensnaring them in an interlaced web of red sparks. They groaned in pain, glow dimming, struggling and moaning in the angry red snare.

The man, who had his back to the woman to keep an eye on the corridor, tossed her a pokeball. “Do you think Pine'll find some use for them?”

She shrugged, taking the pokeball and releasing an Abra. “Maybe, if not they'll just wipe them and return them here to blow up in peace.” By wipe, she meant memory wipe, of course. “Abra, you know the drill.”

The Abra nodded lazily, body enveloping in a soft white glow which spread to the twitching, groaning mass of electrodes. Then, they were gone.

The woman waved her weapon like a capture styler, watching the spark flow to see if it was still constant. “So, what was it again? Retrieve or eliminate?”

The man nodded ahead to the nosepass, hissing softly across the steel back on it's intended target. “Either one. We can't afford to have one running around outside the lab. Who knows what kind of pain it can inflict on some innocent outsider?”

The woman continued without stopping as she sent a spark at a passing magneton, leaving it bound and withering in agony, to be retrieved later. “Too true, there's too many monsters out there as it is.”

~~~~~~~~

Brent
Mossdeep Space Station, afternoon

It was break time, on the nose, and here they came, about a handful of scientists marching laboriously up the stairs, as if the had never climbed stairs before in their life. Upon seeing one of the new interns Brent swivelled back towards the green screen. “Oh shoot, he's here again.” A few of the ladies turned around to try and be the first to chat with the new 'pretty boy'. He had just been hired a few weeks ago and already he was the hotshot of the station. Brent spared a passing glance at the boy. He must've been only twenty or so. Pretty tall and handsome, he grudgingly admitted. That wouldn't stop him from hating how the girls all fawned over him. He didn't know him well, but the new guy seemed far too pretentious and flamboyant. Of course those were simply excuses for the jealously bubbling in him.

"More coffee, Brent?"

He jumped a bit in his seat at the voice beside him. It was that nice assistant again. Smiling pleasantly he held out his cup. "Of course, a refill would be nice."

He really had to find out what her name was. She was hired around the same time as pretty boy over there. In no way was she pretentious like him. She wore simple lavender clothes and tied up her long mauve hair, odd for someone around twenty-ish, in a long streaming ponytail that curled up at the end, making it resemble a purple tail as she walked. At first her odd hair, that matched her violet eyes and violet attire, made him think 'punk', but anyone who spoke a word to her would realize that she was one of the gentlest and most cordial people they had ever met. At least, Brent thought so, blushing. Great body, he also thought, turning such a deep red he couldn’t look at her as she took his cup.

She glanced down at his half-full coffee cup. Leaning close to his ear she whispered, "You know, you don't have to keep asking for coffee if you don't like it. I can sneak you some pop or tea instead."

Brent felt his face burn as her breath tickled his ear, stammering an uncharacteristically squeaky response. "No, don't worry about me, my job doesn't require any brainpower anyways."

She giggled at his fluster. "Alright, if you say so."

Brent grinned as she began to leave with the visiting scientists down the stairs. The new guy stayed the longest, saying lengthy goodbyes to the ladies. They flustered and giggled. Brent rolled his eyes, then noticed that new guy's eyes were not on them, but fixed on him. The new guy's eyes were slightly narrowed and staring at him suspiciously. There was a warning he was trying to convey through his glaring look. Brent stared right back. “I'm not scared of you.” He kidded himself. An unsettling feeling ran up his spine as the new buy finally broke his gaze and walked back down the stairs. “Let it go, Brent,” he reassured himself, “just, let it go.”

~~~~~~~

???????
North Veilstone, Early evening

Meanwhile, back at the weapons laboratory, the young man was making his way to the end of the hall, feet pounding against the tile, hands shoved deep into his pockets. His mind was buzzing with a torrent of calculations and formulas, recited back again and again in a silent storm. “Everything, must, go, perfectly.” Each step, each tap of his shoe against the ground sounded like an explosion. “Amazing how that pathetic little receptionist didn't wet her pants. Is the police so ignorant as to think I can be caged by such an inanely organized trap? Pathetic humans...” A thousand and one calculations with a million and one scenarios. He needed even more to keep his mind alert. Swiping his id card at the elevator, he tensed until the doors opened with hydrolic smoothness.

[Welcome back, Master-]

"Lab floor," he cut it off, and stepped in. The ride felt interminably long, though in reality it was less than a minute. Time was no longer his friend. It never was. His foot tapped a mile a minute on the polished floor as he calculated, and recalculated, again and again, mind whirring and sputtering with impatience at the sluggish pace of the rest of the world. Nothing was fast enough. Nothing could keep up.
~J.A.D.

PS, avatar is my original work!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Default Re: New Horizons: Dark Arceus [all-inclusive mon/morph/trainer/wild/etc]

Cody & Sara,
Veilstone-Square
Evening

“[Please, I, I wish to help, please.]”the words slowly woke Cody up.

"[Help? You've done enough.]" Cody said, remembering the cold glare of the man.

"[Yeah, just go.]" Sara commented, following Cody to the fallen girl. Cody looked up again to see a vision of the man, hands dripping with blood. Hallowed laughter filled his ears, coming from all directions.

"[You...monster...]" Cody muttered, pulling himself off of the ground. "[Get out of my face.]" he said, as if the words were a swear.

"[Yes, please go.]" Sara finished, her words almost as heavy as Cody's.

-----------------
???? & ???????
??????????
Evening

"[So, where is the signal coming from now? Kanto?]"

"[Don't mock me. It had some bugs.]"

"[Bugs are not leading us in circles. That's called a failure of one's supposed 'expertise'.]"

"[No, it's fixed now, see?]"

"[It's pointing behind us.]"

"[S-Shut up!]"

"[Okay, I'll make you a bet. We follow the device, no matter what, for one whole week. We don't find the Darkfire in that time, I murder you in cold blood and hang your head on my wall. Shouldn't be too hard for a technological whiz, right?]"

"[...]"

"[I'll take that as a resounding yes to both questions. Now let's go frolic in the grass until I kill you in a week.]"

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Sylver Offline

[Erik and Aria are traveling towards Veilstone City by boat and shall arrive at afternoon the next day]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[Mes'moiselles, m'sieur, please, forgive me, I do not mean to cause anyone any harm. I'm sorry if I have caused you alarm. Please, I- I wish to help, please.]" The voice of the ageless man had spoken in a low whisper, drawing her attention away as he held out a palm, reaching for her as though offering aid to her. Adrenaline racing through her body, she found herself reaching toward him, despite her mind screaming to move the other way.

However, when she blinked, she saw an image of her arm covered in blood and pouring out, maniacal laughter running rampant as she tried to grab the nearest thing around. Suddenly, as soon as she gripped something, she clutched to it for dear life and cowered from the insane laughter, which slowly began to diminish. Soon, her vision was clearing and she had a minor headache, but she saw what she had gripped in her desperate attempt to ground herself in the recovering reality- the Flareon kid's forearm, still burning with the silver flames. Thank Arceus for Flash Fire, she thought as her muscles began to feel rejuvenated in a flooding feeling of strength. Finally, opening her mouth again, she breathed in deep and let loose a strong jet of flames at her target, flying with enough strength to reach him and carry on for a few more meters. However, her newfound strength had been drained all-too-quickly for her and she found herself blacking out before long.

"[G-go away... please...]" She weakly managed to utter before unconsciousness fully gripped her.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:30 PM
33Whimsicott33 Offline

Janet got up, panting from the effort she exerted into her last electrical discharge. She took a look around at the wrecked generator room, now punctured with several digging holes.
"This is so messy..." she said quietly to herself. Janet gently kicked the charred body to the side, exposing the face of the Pokemon trainer she had just shocked to death, "So, so messy..."
Janet was reluctantly running through a list of ideas on how to dispose of the corpse before it started to rot, when her ears twitched at the sound of an intrusion. Coming from down the hall, not too far away, were the faint hints of human conversation.

It meant there was more than one person.

Janet tensed up again, and looked around her area in search of a hiding place. Her eyes darted through all the details of the generator room, and then down to the body at her feet.

"Stupid body," she muttered, before heaving it up on her shoulder. She then made her way for a dark corner that would hide her well, hoping they'd pass by her without noticing. The last thing she wanted was more bodies stinking up the lab.

"Aw screw you," she heard a faint voice say. The crackling sound of artificial electricity resounded through the halls, followed by the exclamations of a group of electrodes. Janet hid in her corner, puzzled at the unfolding of events. Whatever was approaching seemed to be much more belligerent than the human she just encountered.

"Do you think Pine'll have some us for them?" Janet's Plusle ears stiffed up in alert. Pine? Was that a name? She remembered that name being mentioned while she was in her lab, but she shook her head denying there could be any connection.

Their conversation carried on as they drew closer, interrupted here and there by the shouts of other Pokemon's agony. Janet was sure now that they definitely weren't here just to explore, and had both the reason and the method to hunt something down. But what were they looking for?

The orange edge of a Nosepass poked its way into the entrance of the room, dragging the rest of its heavy rock body over the floor. Janet's heart sank as got a good look at the two humans trailing behind. Sector Lab members, fully geared to resist electricity and armed with capture tools. They were after her.

Janet's face formed a sneer as she laid her eyes on their weapons- the very same ones they used to suppress and torture her and the rest of the Pokemorphs back at the lab. There was seldom a day that went by without her being jabbed by that rod, and the memories of that experience would never truly leave her.

She ducked down as the Nosepass pointed decisively in her direction, while the two humans approached in a careful, prepared stance. Like a cornered rat, the Plusle pokemorph's mind raced, looking for an exit out of her dire situation. But then Janet remembered the body that she was still holding onto...

The steady glow of an electrical charge illuminated the dark corner from behind one of the machines. The recon team members stopped and readied their capture tools, waiting for their target to appear. An animalistic shriek came from behind the machine. Suddenly, a blurry figure leaped out at the two, wrapped in the sparks of an electrical charge. Frightened by the sudden ambush, the recon members frantically mashed the triggers on their weapons. Multiple charges hit the figure before it hurtled into them. The dead, electrified body of a ten-year-old Pokemon Trainer fell on top of the man, knocking him down. In the brief moment that the woman was stunned by the horrifying spectacle, another figure dashed out from behind the machine. Janet rushed past the humans and ran into the hallway, captured by sight only as a blur. She never looked back and ran for her life towards the entrance of New Mauville.

The bright light of the afternoon sun stung her eyes as she exited the cave into Route 109. Immediately, she realized the danger of being out in broad daylight. The biking route was busy at this time, and Pokemon Trainers on the other side of the river could easily pick out her brightly colored Plusle fur. Janet ducked behind a cluster of trees, and started running North. She didn't know where she was headed, but knowing that that she was pursued, there was no chance of going back.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Oracion Offline

Callisto
Veilstone Grand Hotel, Evening

Dropping the coin-ridden bag the moment she stepped through the door, Callisto kicked off her shoes and walked straight for the bed, falling face-first into the neatly pressed sheets and pillows. Letting the blankets sink around her, she squirmed around until she had completely cocooned herself in the sheets. It helped her feel secure, feel that everything was real and that she had to face it soon, but not now. Just, soon.

The plain gold chain was still around her neck. Worming an arm through the sheets she twisted it between thumb and forefinger. The loose, broken link was still there, and it poked her thumb when she pressed it. Callisto wondered why she still kept this thing, why she let herself keep a token of that day when her life was uprooted for perhaps the third or fourth time of her life and still hasn't settled down into any sense of normalcy. She twisted the covers tighter until she couldn't move. It was simple, really. She kept it as a sign that this was real, that everything was real, so she would stop having to squeeze her eyes tight and tell herself that this is a all a bad dream, that she would wake up and hear her family, maybe a mom and a dad and maybe even a brother or sister, and they would yell at her for sleeping in so late and to get going for school or else she'd miss the bus and she wouldn't mind the tiniest bit because she would have a house and a family and a normal life where she could go home and hug them and tell them she loves them and they love her too..

But she could feel the broken link poke her thumb, and see the velvety dark paint of the walls, and hear the coins settling in her bag, and know that this is real, that when she closed her eyes there was nothing to wake up to, nothing to see but the insides of her eyelids and maybe an occasional dream that always ended eventually.

Callisto sniffled and rolled out of her blanket cocoon. She grabbed a tissue from the nightstand and wiped her face. “Okay you crybaby, that's enough now,” she crumpled the tissue and tossed it into the dustbin, missing. “Ah, well.” Tossing it in properly this time, she dragged her bag further into the room and let it lie against the foot of the bed.

Now was the time to face reality, though looking around she hardly knew where to begin. “Just follow routine then,” she thought, while she fetched the key to the door joining her bedroom and Julien's. Stepping in she stomped hard around the perfect, unspoiled carpet, walked into the washroom and tossed a towel over the shower head before turning the shower on and let it run. She made sure the towel was getting wet before she stepped back outside and proceeded to jump on the bed. She giggled and did a belly-flop before tumbling off and punched in the pillow, making an indent as if a head had lain there in the night, as both she and Julien knew that none will ever. With Julien staying out all hours of the night, every night, there soon came a problem of how to explain why her own bed had been slept in, while his wasn't. After a close call one time when the housekeeper had actually called the police, fearing some sort of under-aged, well, something (she was registered as fifteen while he at about nineteen), it was clear that they needed to make more of an effort to appear human, even behind closed doors.

At first she feared it would be a drag, but it soon became as routine as brushing her teeth or combing her hair, just something extra to do before retiring for the night. As she passed by the night-stand she noticed them. A pair of silver-grey gloves and his hat. It was an old-fashioned top-hat, a silver-grey colour like his gloves but a touch darker than his hair, with a yellow band running above the brim. It was bent askew in the middle, like something heavy had fallen on it right there, but Julien never seemed to pay notice. Callisto picked them up. “Boy, he'll be pretty pissed when he finds out he forgot these.” She briefly considered going out to bring them to him. She knew he spent most of his time at the lost tower, though the place terrified her. She replaced the hat and gloves on the night-stand. “He can get them himself if he misses them so badly,” she stormed back to the washroom and shut off the shower, wringing out the towel and tossing it onto the rod. It slumped to the floor. She snorted. “Whatever.”

Storming back to her own room she reflected back on what had happened that day, trying hard to skip past that, unfortunate, encounter with Alex. “Why did he have to be there?” But she pushed that aside and went back to what Julien had said. They had to leave, but what for? They were fortunate enough to appear almost completely human, and they had money, things most morphs would dream of having. They had almost nothing to worry about when it came to the 'normals' detecting what they were. But the urgency in his voice, there was something that was frightening him a great deal. “But what?” The answer was right at the forefront of her mind, but she ignored it, denying it entirely before collapsing back into he own bed, clothes and all, blanking everything out of her mind. In the morning she would wake up in her own room in her house with a family, maybe a mother and a father and maybe even a brother or sister. She thought this with earnest, slipping out of the reality she lived in and into her own, if only for the night.

~~~~~~~~~

Julien
Veilstone outskirts, Evening

At first, when she saw his hand, it seemed like the morph girl was going to accept his help. Then, just as suddenly, she flinched away, clinging to the flareon boy for shelter. Julien flinched back himself, drawing his hand back. He looked at it, curling and uncurling his fingers, seeing the memory of blood and more blood dripping through his fingers and falling in little zig-zags across the snow.

"[Help?]” Julien looked up, and immediately regretted it. The boy stared back with unimaginable repulsion. “[You've done enough.]"

"[Yeah, just go.]"

Julien winced, rubbing his fingers. They never seemed to be able to warm up. Why wouldn't they ever be warm? "[I'm sorry, so sorry, I...I...]"

"[You...monster...]" The boy muttered, pulling himself off of the ground. "[Get out of my face.]" he said, as if the words were a swear.

Julien flinched away, shoulders hunched and shaking. "[I-I-I'm sorry...please, I-I-I...]"

Finally, opening her mouth again, the morph girl breathed in deep and let loose a strong jet of flames. Julien let out a small cry as the flames wrapped around him, falling to his side and shielding his head with his arms as the flames lapped around and over, fanning out in a brilliant burst of flame against the tree behind him. Every bit of skin hurt, though his clothes were only coated in a layer of ash. Odd how these morph-clothes worked. He whimpered in pain, feeling as if his flesh had touched dry ice and was burning and freezing away. He curled up further as it looked as if the morph girl was about to attack again. However, her newfound strength had been drained all-too-quickly for her and she was blacking out before long.

"[G-go away... please...]" She weakly managed to utter before unconsciousness fully gripped her.

Julien shuddered, backing up further, clawing back across the ground, not unlike how Alex had tried to escape from him just a few minutes ago, getting away from the trio. His breath was depleted, coming in short, halting breaths as he pulled himself up and looked pleadingly at them. The girl was unconscious, the boy he knew to avoid. The flareon? No, her answer was just as steely and cold as death.

"[Yes, please go.]"

It felt like an age before he could move, but it was only seconds after the word were uttered when he was sent into a running sprint deep into the woods, far, far away from the city and the path and not stopping even when the trio were long disappeared from sight. The words, no, the voices swelled like an explosion in his chest, a strange, alien pain like a nail run through his heart. What was it? He clutched his chest, hoping to pull it out but only grabbing a handful of his jacket.

His feet stumbled and tripped, sending him crashing to the ground. Arms shaking he clumsily got to his feet, swaying to rest his weight on the cane. The cane's end rattled against the dead leaves at each laborious breath.

“Monster, demon, devil, murderer,” The thoughts pursued each other around his brain. A quiet, pitiful whimper escaped from his throat as he let his head collapse against the silver cane topper. Threads of his silvery gossamer hair fell around him, like a curtain of tears and rain. “What do I do now?” Julien raised his head and looked around him. Pure silence, and solitude. Only an illusion, he could 'see' the souls of the three far away at the edge between city and forest, the corpse he had left in the alley, and the life bustling in the streets of the city.

"A breath away from life, but never living,”
he breathed for no one to hear, quoted, from somewhere he heard long ago, “A heartbeat away from death, but never dying." His finger automatically traced the crescent curve of the silver hook on the cane. He clutched it close to his heart. It didn't offer any comfort, but it gave him some sort of protection, of reassurance of something out of his control. His cheeks felt damp. He rubbed them, and found that the water was coming from his eyes. He didn't know he had a function to cry.

“Miserable bastard, you can only cry for yourself, can't you?” He rubbed the damp away with the back of his glove. No, not his glove, his skin, cold and smooth as glass and soaked from tears. Like snow. So much like the snow...

She was cold, cold as the ice and snow in which she lay, fallen like a rag doll with her eyes wide and empty and staring.
“Oh god,” he breathed, “Oh god please, please wake up. Please, I'm so sorry, please, don't, no, no, don't, don't be, please...”
The screaming started. Oh how he hated the screaming. Screaming of rage and anger poisoning the fear, rising higher and higher like the screaming of a banshee with each word.
"YOU MONSTER! MONSTER! MONSTER!"

He clamped his hands over his ears, feet carrying himself away, farther and farther away as the voices still followed, a dark shroud over his own grave as the salt and icy air stung his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry. Please, stop..." Branches and tree trunks passed through him, as if they were mist. Or he was. He let himself materialize, hands scratch against the rough tree bark, letting himself glide up and above the reaches of the voices and the screaming.

The branches barely rustled as he curled up against the trunk, high up in the tree. Julien often retreated to somewhere high and remote when he need time to think, or to simply forget what he had been thinking about. High up in the cold, cozy darkness of the branches with nothing to see but a clouded night sky, a plump gibbous moon rising in the east. He let his cane, now a normal cane, hang by its silver topper on a whip-like branch above while he pulled his knees under his chin as he did when he was a child. The moonlit shone off his silver hair, spotlighting him uncomfortably, but there was no one to see. If there was, he could easily meld into the shadows, disappear into the darkness leaving nothing behind. There was no Callisto, no boy and flareon with the hateful stares, no unconscious morph-girl, no dead boy lying in the alley, and no Riley. Only him and an endless night of solitude.

He found it easy to delude himself this way, to forget everything else in the world. Maybe it should have concerned him, but he reminded himself that there was no reason to, as there was no one to care about him, and no one to care for. Caring seemed so complex, so confusing, something that necessitates practice and patience. Julien let his mind clear, eyes go blank and staring, falling into a kind of sleepless, coma-like stupor that sometimes overcame him when reality became too much to bear. When the memories reared their perished heads.

~~~~~~~~~

Professor Aspen
Johto Medical Research Centre, Late Afternoon

...is very busy telling off an underling so we'll come back to him later...

~~~~~~~~~

Recon agents A and B
New Mauville, Afternoon

“GET THIS DEAD **** OFF ME!!!” He screamed, dead, burned sockets pressed against his face as he flailed and kicked the dead body off of him.

“OH QUIT YOUR WHINING,” she spat back, still shooting red sparks down the hall after the plusle morph. The sparks raced each other and danced along the walls before becoming confused and dying in explosive little collisions. She grunted in frustration and clenched her fists at her sides. Looking down at her partner, who had squirmed out from beneath the corpse, she gave him a light kick to the shins to knock some sense into him. “YOU *******, YOU LET HER GET AWAY!”

He screamed out in pain from the kick. She had misjudged her strength entirely. "You *****, I don't see YOU doing anything useful."

"Did you even manage to get the tracker on her?"

He rubbed his shin some more and took out what looked like a pokenav. He examined the screen for a moment, then looked down at the corpse, knelt down and plucked a pronged barb off its shoulder with a*minuscule, blinking light on the tip. He held it up in front of his partner. "That answer your question?"

She growled and slapped it and his hand away. "**** you, now we have a rogue morph*with*no stable location, AND," she pulled back her sleeve and examined her watch. She was silent for a while, long enough for the man to walk over and try to see what she was looking at. She whipped back her hand in a wide slap that caught him across the cheek. "AND it's 3:57, the middle of rushhour! ****..." She pushed a hand back through her hair as she paced in a small circle, still cursing under her breath.

He had gotten up and was stretching lazily, rolling his shoulders as if a dead body hadn't been thrown into his face. “Well, coin-toss for who stays and cleans up and who tells Wattson to close down the bike-route for about an hour?”

She fished around her pocket and pulled out a golden pKe coin, flicking it into the air with her thumb. It spun and twirled to the ceiling. “Call it,”

Like a flash, both drew out their pokenavs and aimed the antennae at the coin. Jamming their thumbs against the centre button, the antennae shot out in pronged grappling hooks, hurtling out towards the coin. One clamp curled around the coin and snapped back with the crack of a whip, leaving the slower grappling hook trailing to the ground. She grinned widely at her partner, waving the pokenav with the coin firmly anchored onto the antenna. “See you later sucka!” She saluted as she led her nosepass back through the twisting maze of pipe and panels.

He grumbled, heaving the body against the wall and counting up all the damaged panels and dig-tunnels and short-circuited wires. He gave the finger to the empty hall where she had walked down, rolled up his sleeve and got to work.

~~~~~~~~~

Brent
Mossdeep Space Station, Afternoon

...is very busy staring at his reflection in the radar screen so we'll come back to him later...

~~~~~~~~~

???????
North Veilstone, Evening

The doors finally slid open to a hallway dotted with doors on either side. He ignored all of them and headed for the barren wall at the end of the hall. He placed his palm against it. An invisible scanner activated, accepting his handprint, and a pad to enter a code slid open.

He resisted the urge to waste the energy to roll his eyes. “Useless formalities,” as he jammed in the code with little patience or regard for the delicate nature of the keypad.

The wall started to flicker, and a full-wall screen came to life, showing a professor in a lab coat accompanied by an electrive. He beamed at the screen. "Ahh, Master Dubois, it's been ages since you last visit! Or do you prefer I call you Riley?"

Riley Dubois tapped his foot impatiently as his frown creased several more degrees. He didn't even bother to glance up at the professor's face. "Neither, professor, I need to check a certain weapon, I have reports of malfunctions and I need to perform a report myself."

The professor sighed and shook his head with a coy smile. "Riley, Riley, Riley, the eternal workaholic. You know, you're still a young man, a free bachelor, you should take some time to yourself, go out and see the world. Find a nice girl maybe, settle down for once."

Riley gritted his teeth, too pressed for time to even waste a breath correcting all the idiotic errors made in those few sentences. “After I finish my work. Professor. The door. If you please."

The professor sighed again. "Of course, Master Dubois. Electrive, the door!"

Electrive activated the panel to open the door with an immensely powerful thunderbolt. The wall slid open and revealed an enormous laboratory, a plethora of metallic walls and floors all buzzing with electronics, lined with racks full of weaponry that would shame an alien race, computers of all shapes and sizes making all electronic noises imaginable. Riley disregarded everything around him. The object of his intent stood most impressively at the centre of the grand room. The main computer. It towered nearly thirty feet above his head, encrusted with wires and screens and hard drives, with beams and more wires sprouting from its crown and trailing into an abysmal tangle that weaved and laced the ceiling, the walls, the floor, the building, and outwards to the far reaches of the earth. The central hub that linked all of the weapons laboratories in the world, sitting right in front of him.

Riley glided his fingers lightly across the keys. “The most sophisticated and impermeable product of computer engineering to date.” In a flash his fingers began flying over the keys at lighting speed, entering streams and streams of data into the computer's gigantic electronic brain. “We'll just see about that.”
~J.A.D.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Max0596 Offline

Cody & Sara,
Veilstone-Square
Evening
--------------------

Well, atleast he's gone." Cody remarked as the man he pressumed as Death ran away. He was clutching his head but Cody didn't care for his wellbeing. He was a heartbeat away from stealing this girl's soul, her life. Trying to get away from the topic of possible guilt in his mind, he shifted his attention to the morph girl.

"Hey, are you oka..." he stopped mid-word noticing she was passed out again. Bandages were laying about on the ground hear the two, presumably used as a sort of top. Always with his first-aid kit he bandaged back a makeshift top again, being careful to wrap in straight lines in a spiral so the bandages looked not as bad. Sara didn't remark on the situation, more concerned with the stars.

'The stars...Big Dipper is pretty clear tonight.' Sara thought, remembering how Cody taught her all the different constellations in the night sky. They spent a lot of nights that way, staring endlessly into the night sky. 'Back then, there wasn't much to do but look at the stars.'

"Sara, let's go." Cody urged, the girl wrapped in a robe and in his arms. Where did he get a robe? Sara wished she saw how, did he take it out of his bag? She didn't know. She just followed him.

They wound through back alleys, finally arriving at the back of the hotel. Cody sighed aas he saw the slightly open door, stepping into it. Cody already checked in, so now it was just a matter of not getting seen and getting to his room. Luckily, the hallways were bare, as it was already late at night. They made slight footsteps, but they wouldn't be heard by already asleep humans. Or awake ones.

"Okay, you can have the bed." Cody said as he pulled the blanket over Zen, then stumbled over to the couch, collapsing on the pillows. He thought of a checklist in his mind, and started mentally ticking boxes.

'Bandaged her, check. Do not disturb sign less someone comes trying to clean, check. Blinds, check. Robe, check. Sara, chec...' he slowly drifted into sleep, Sara cuddled beside him on the couch, Cody's tail poofing out of the blanket, draping over the side of the couch along with Sara's tail, the two almost makig it seem as if one large tail were there instead of two.
----------------------------*---------------------------
???? & ???????
??????????
Evening

Endless grass. That's what haunted him, the slight swaying of the blades seeming like more of a taunting dance underneath the pale moonlight. 'Can I really find him? It's been almost a month, what are the chances of one more week making a difference? Especially this piece of junk...' he hit the device with another paw, angry at the device's indeciveness on which direction.

"[Having fun yet, Saye?]" she taunted him, laughing at his slow descend into loss and death. She knew she was going to win.

But he could still have his pride. "[Yeah. I expect us to meet the Darkfire face-to-face in a day.]" Saye barked back, trying desperately to loosen her grip on his hope. his paw struck the device again, still angry at the wobbling arrow on the device.

It stopped. He couldn't believe it, but the device actually started working right. He almost let out a cry of relief, but stopped himself so it looked like it was always working. 'Yes, YES! Now I won't die! I'm alive!' He slightly danced, not even knowing he was.

"[Good, it started working.]" that stopped him in his tracks. He sighed, angry at his clumsiness in trying to keep a secret.
-------------------------------------

Last edited by Max0596; 10-16-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Sylver Offline

Erik Marx and Aria
Sinnoh Continent: Outside Veilstone City

Erik sighed as he pulled the boat to dock as his hidden cave, tying off the mooring lines and walking down to the cabin of the small boat, where Aria was lying down, exhausted and tired, still bandaged from earlier. Smiling, he gently pressed against the door and slid down, drifting off to sleep as the moon hung overhead outside.

[ERIK AND ARIA HAVE ARRIVED AT THE SINNOH CONTINENT. THEY WILL LEAVE FOR VEILSTONE IN THE MORNING.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zen
Veilstone Hotel, room 361

Zen slowly drifted back into consciousness, the covers slipping off her form as she looked around. The ageless young man had vanished, and she felt a slight pang of guilt at her overreaction to him in her panicked state, frowning with sadness as she remembered hearing his pained cries before she blacked out. She turned to see the boy with the Flareon tail lying on a couch, his Flareon companion sleeping near him. She remembered him attacking the man, silver flames burning bright. But with that brought back the memory of the young man.

She felt bad for him. He offered help to her, and she had blatantly panicked and caused him to be injured as a result. She could not feel worse, even if she tried. She felt a tear slip from her eyes and roll down her cheek. Looking down, she saw that her breasts had been bound rather poorly and with haste, leaving them not only slightly exposed, but loose to come off if she merely hopped. Sighing, she gently removed the bandages and stepped out of the bed, slipping off her jeans, panties, gloves, and her daggers (which she was immensely glad she forgot they were there in her panic) and then she was left standing in just her fur. Neatly folding the pants and panties, she set them on the dresser and then placed her daggers on them, her gloves covering them from sight as she set them down last.

Looking at the young man again, she padded over to him, soft enough as to not wake the Flareon, yet with the grace of a Suicune walking on the surface of water. She gently slipped her arms under his back and legs before carrying him over to the bed and laying him down gently on it, removing his clothing save for his legwear. Better than sleeping on a couch, she thought to herself. Blushing lightly at his defined musculature, she silently climbed into the bed, pulling the covers over them and wrapping her arms around his waist protectively, soon falling into a happy sleep with her breasts pressed lightly against his back and her tail lifghtly wrapping around his, a low purr rising from her throat...

Last edited by Sylver; 10-16-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Zac Storm
Veilstone City
Evening

"Such an amazing city. Meteorites, a department store and a game corner." thought Zac as he strolled down the dark streets. "Unluckily here I have to have this stupid illusion so I don't attract attention to myself" muttered Zac. He turned around and looks at the warehouse. "Finally a place where I can at least lose this illusion." said Zac as he entered.

"I wonder if there is anyone around this city." Zac got onto a crate and thought about what to do now. He thought about getting a hotel room but he remembered that he didn't have any money.

Zac decided to wander around Veilstone City with his disguise on so he can see if there is anyone who could help him. He left the warehouse and started to look for a place to get something to eat. He kept walking around but he couldn't find a place where he could eat without being seen.

A Porygon comes floating by and Zac starts to talk to it. "Hello litte guy. Do you know anywhere I could eat." Someone must of seen him because he heard someone shout "A person can't speak poketongue. He must be a freak. Get him." Zac ran for his life but the other people were right behind him. He latched onto a building and changed out of his disguise. He climbed up the building trying to create an illusion that would make him blend in. He made it to the top and changed back to his disguise. "That was too close" said Zac relived. "Looks like I'm stuck up here for the night" thought Zac as he drifted off into sleeping.

Last edited by Pokemon of Destruction; 10-31-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:28 AM
Oracion Offline

Callisto
Sometimes there comes a certain danger in losing yourself in your dreams; you don't know what you'll find, or remember, when you get there...

Mossdeep Space Station 100th launch Gala, Morning (approx 1 year ago)

“Do I really have to wear this stupid thing? I'm sweating like a poochyena with this on.” She tugged at the brilliantly bright green wig for the millionth time, struggling with her sleeves, as they were closed at the hands into glove-like hands with only three thick, green 'fingers'.

Julien gently pulled her hand away from her wig, straightening it to cover her dark brown hair again. “Hush, Callisto, you know how important it is that I appear like a relatively normal human for this. Please, it's only for one interview, then we can leave.”

A sea of humans blanketed the moss-green hills surrounding the space station, all gathered for the historical hundredth launch to the moon, buzzing with anticipation at the possibility that a public expedition to the moon will be held, allowing everyday trainers a chance to fly to the moon and find the legendary pokemon, Jirachi and Deoxys!

Callisto and Julien watched the crowd thicken into a solid mass of bodies from the windows of his jet. Today was also the day that Julien would officially take possession of his parent's company and finances, having found out about their death just recently, and he needed to appear in an interview for this launching gala to 'debut the young new face of the organization'. Obviously, that posed a million problems, one of which being his lack of pokemon, which was why he was busy adjusting the sleeves of Callisto's special Gardevoir dress, fussing over the scuffs on her shoes, brushing every stray lime-green hair out of her white powdered face and red contact lenses. She held her arms out straight at her sides while he fussed over every crease and stitch in her outfit, concentrating on levitating herself at least an inch off the ground and maintaining that distance without draining her already limited power. Callisto could feel the strain this was putting on her system and had to constantly ask Julien to pass her a bottle of Ether. “This will never work,” she murmured, holding her arms out again while concentrating on the lift, “I can't hold it long enough.”

Julien let out an airy, exhausted breath as he held his hands beneath her arms, ready to catch her if she lost control. “Don't strain yourself just for this,” he said in a voice that sounded like it itself had been squeezed of its strength, “If you can't, do not force yourself. I shall say you have been recently injured in battle, or that your senses were damaged, or, maybe, euh...I shall think of something. If not, it should be overlooked. Est-ce tout va bien au moment?”

“English, please.”

“Désol- euh, sorry.” If Callisto was nervous about this gala, Julien was mortified. Since he could not keep on masking his own appearance each time he went out in public, he had to go out into that swarm in his regular, odd morph clothes. She shot him curious glances now and then, still expecting the thick white mop of hair and red t-shirt of her old guardian, instead seeing Julien's grey suit with the yellow zig-zag across the waist, the stray strands of his silver hair that had rejected hair-dye completely, now in complete disarray. She couldn't help but feel a hint of concern when she saw how much his hands were shaking and how he seemed to be constantly shivering, as if there was an isolated patch of frigid air around him that would never let him be warm. He still managed to keep a grip on the cane with one hand, no matter what he was doing. It would possibly be easy for the public to believe he needed that cane for a knee injury, since his sickliness was also going to be used to explain his pallor and premature silvering hair. Callisto wondered how he could stand living with that cane nearly 24/7, and assumed it was force of habit that made him handle it so effortlessly.

Even though her knowledge of pokemon was limited, Julien wasn't anything Callisto thought a Dusknoir morph would be. First off, the pokemon was huge, freakishly huge both vertically and, well, horizontally, had a menacing, single red eye and was, from what she could guess, very powerful. Here, standing beside here, getting ready to step out into the waiting crowd, was a pathetically weak and feeble tooth-pick. During their entire week of travelling together he had barely spoken a hundred words to her, was continuing to not look her in the eye and wouldn't say why, and hadn't used a single pokemon move.

“Can he do anything at all?” She wondered with a bit of malice, while he leaned against his cane,still shivering but trying to smile with his usual calm, passive confidence. As an afterthought, she glanced back at the pile of empty ether bottles she had consumed just in the last five minutes. “Oh, right...Who am I to talk? But still, if Riley were here he'd know exactly how to act and what to do and what to say and everything would be fine because he'd know it would be...” A strange, whimpering sound came out from between her lips that made Julien quickly glance over at her with curiosity. Callisto waved him off. “Nothing.” her hand still went to her neck, where the broken gold chain, right now in her bag, usually lay. “Stop it, stop thinking about him, stop missing him. He's gone, okay? He ripped the locket right out from my hand and he's never coming back.”

The door of the jet let out a deep gust of wind like an ancient sigh. Sunlight and brilliantly blue sky spilled through the seams, opening wider still until the wall of pure noise and camera lenses crashed through as the door touched the ground with an inaudible thump. This part became a blur as she felt Julien rushing her through the swarm of humans, waving them away with a faint smile. Unconsciously she was clamping her eyes tightly shut, clinging to his arm as if for her life, like before with...

“Callisto,” the feathery voice came unusually loud, and she realized the noise from the crowd was gone. Callisto tentatively opened one eye, seeing the dark grey of Julien's sleeve and the bright white of something else. “I'm sorry,” Julien's voice continued, not against her ear this time, “She is not a battling pokemon; the crowd and noise are things she is not accustomed to.”

Callisto opened her eyes further and lifted her head from Julien's sleeve, seeing the square, slate-coloured ceiling tiles and halogen lights, the iron railings lining the upper level and the stairs, the rows of whirring computer desks, the huge walls of windows offering a view down the highest hill of Mossdeep, and above all, the starched white lab-coat of a professor standing right in front of Julien, watching her with some concern from behind his glasses. He was fairly tall, about fifty years old or so, with squared shoulders and a squarish head to match. His short black hair was grey at the temples, but the only wrinkles he had were the thought lines on his forehead. He had a very sharp brow bone which made him look like he was frowning all the time and a lot of stubble on his chin. Callisto flinched back when he leaned forward to get a better look at her, gripping Julien's sleeve tighter. “Poor thing,” the man said, pushing his glasses back up his nose, “she must be terrified.”

“It's okay,” Julien crooned, patting her shoulder reassuringly. He didn't take her arm or her hand or anything like that; that would simply be too odd for a trainer and a pokemon, “This is Professor Astro, the head scientist of the Space Station.”

Astro gave them a small nod and smile. “It's been a pleasure to meet you and your gardevoir, sir. She's, a bit, odd, though, isn't she?” He craned his head to try and get a better look at Callisto, who was now edging away to hide behind Julien.

“She is very shy.” Julien gently pushed her behind him. “Too much attention, too many people. She will not be any trouble, right?”

He briefly glanced down at Callisto, huddled against his back, before resuming his talk as if she was not there. It felt as though she wasn't, as the words seemed to leave their mouths and never reach her ears at all. She rested against Julien's back while he talked with the professor in his perpetually exhausted-sounding whisper, like she used to with Riley, but worried about toppling weak little Julien with her weight so only leaned very lightly. It took a monumental amount of self-control not to fidget with her gardevoir costume, not with all the watchful eyes, both human and camera, in the area. There was some sort of commotion somewhere near the entrance with a lot of shouting and shoving, something about some punks trying to sneak in and get a peek at the rocket before the launch. Unconsciously she leaned back harder against Julien, who didn't seem to notice her or the commotion behind him. Callisto was always nervous about shouting, Riley had always tried to move her somewhere else when a heated argument took place, but Julien simply ignored it. She was shaking and secretly hoping Julien would notice and maybe give her a hug or something, yet he continued to calmly converse with Astro, so she had no choice but to stare at the scene unfolding before her.

A group of thug-like punks had tried to sneak in the back way unnoticed, unsuccessfully of course, and both scientists and a small cluster of security personnel were trying to muscle the group, as well as their odd-looking pokemon, something like a small ursaing with goofy eyes and teeth, a greenish yanma and something like a mightyena crossed with a manectric. The tall shaven head of a semi-toothless brute filled the door as he shouted a garble of curses to no one in particular on his way out. Callisto shook at the sight of him at first, mainly because of his loudness and largeness, but another one, the ratty, sneaky-looking one, sent icicles up her spine. He saw her, from halfway across the main floor, watching them get herded out like a flock of mareep. He stared at her with a mix of curiosity and slit-eyed suspicion. Callisto tensed until the tall brute dragged him out the door by the back of the collar.

“Come on Alex, let's beat it, this blows.”

She couldn't relax. This was something even worse than one of her visions. She cursed herself for wishing earlier for something interesting to happen...

~~~~~~~

Julien
Veilstone Outskirts, Evening

Sometimes dreams lead you to where you least want to return...
Acuity City (Route 217), Late Afternoon (Many years ago)

“Why am I here?” The snow fell in a solid white sheet on all sides. He sat on a low fence, already half-buried in the storm, struggling to keep his balance on the slippery logs that formed it. Julien didn't know where he was, what he was doing here, couldn't even remember where he had come from and why he had left. The faintest hint of warm, black droplets were on his gloves. He didn't know where they came from, but was sure the answer lay waiting somewhere in his mind. The snow blew in angry flurries of icy breaths, sinking into his skin and veins, deadening any sensation of warmth and feeling in his body. “Maybe this is what death feels like.” He would've smiled, but that would invite feeling back into his bones and break the spell. The topper of his cane had caught between the fence and the snow. With a bit of effort he clumsily pulled the end of his cane from the notch in the fence, accidentally hitting himself on the forehead and the jaw before resting it awkwardly over his shoulder. “I'm never gong to get used to this thing...” he thought as he rubbed the slightly sore spot on his forehead.

Looking ahead, he could see between the gap of two, low, one-storey buildings, hunched from the weight of snow like old beggars. The fence was at the back of this open alley, setting a weak divide between the vast, empty wilderness and this hunched-looking city. Julien watched the occasional human run across his view to the city's snow-enveloped streets, huddled in huge, bulky clothes and never stopping to look where they were scrambling to. The blur of wind and snow and the bundles of clothes passing by on the streets slowly melted and blended in with everything until the world looked like a vast sheet of grey...

“Mister?”

Snapping into consciousness, Julien flinched and curled into a little ball on the fence. The hook of his cane jabbed uncomfortably into his cheek as he did so, staring back at the wide dark eyes of a bundle of clothes, standing in the gap between the buildings, watching with unbidden curiosity. An odd, whimper-like sound came out from Julien's throat, which was snatched away by the roaring wind before it reached any ears. The thing staring at him was human, a girl it seemed, only a few years younger than he. Possibly seven or eight years at most.

When Julien showed no signs of uncurling the girl took a step or two forward. The snow swallowed her from the knees down as she shuffled towards him. “Mister,” she yelled above the storm's howl, “There's a blizzard coming, get to shelter! MISTER!” she yelled out in frustration at Julien's non responsiveness, hugging her bulky fur-padded jacket around her torso.

Through the blinding sheet of wind and snow they locked eyes with each other, both curious about the other strange creature in front of them.
“What a strange little thing,” Julien thought, “Is it, a human? No, it's much too small. This must be their pre-evolved form.”

“Mister!” she yelled again, voice cracking with the effort, “Get to shelter, it's a blizzard!”

“What is she saying?” Julien wondered. “I can't remember much human tongue...”

Suddenly, a strange sort of spasm overcame the girl. Her eyelids shot back, revealing as much whites as possible. Her jaw and arms fell limp as he body seemed to shake, like a puppet on strings handled by an agitated puppeteer. Then, with a last, faint gasp, the strings relaxed and dropped the bundle of rags into the snow. Empty, lifeless.

Julien let out a small gasp of his own, squeezing into an even tighter ball. The girl didn't move. Cautiously, carefully, he uncurled, still hugging his knees to his chin. “H-h-hullo?” The human word rolled and clumped in his mouth before being able to escape, still sounding awkward and alien and too soft to be heard by anyone. He leaned forwards and tried again louder. “Hullo? You?” The icy wind couldn't made him shiver, yet he was shaking like a leaf. “Please? You? Hullo? Hullo?”

~~~~~~~

Professor Aspen
Johto Medical Research Center, Late Afternoon

...is busy shouting at someone to clean up the coffee on the floor so we'll get back to him later...

~~~~~~~

Recon A
Mauville Gym, Afternoon
“Is it really that serious?” The gym leader, Wattson, crossed his arms as the lady electrician was giving him the report.

She nodded rapidly. “It's a risk for the entire bike route and pedestrian path, we'll have to close both down for about an hour to let me and my partner finish the generator repairs.”

Wattson looked skeptical; New Mauville had nothing powerful enough to generate electric discharge on the level she was describing. Still, with the recent swarm of reporters hungry for the next big scandal...”I'll alert the Slateport side, we'll close it off once everyone has cleared off.” The electrician nodded brightly and gave his a salute before hopping out the door. Wattson shook his head gravely, hands on his waist. Trusting that company was quite a task, for personal reasons. Never had he thought the electricians sent would be from Felicity. Never had he thought that he would one day hear of, that place, again.

Felicity Isle, to the furthest north-east corner of Hoenn, out of sight even from Mossdeep, was his home those many years ago when he and his two inseparable friends attended the academy on the island's only city, on the south-east end, away from the weapons laboratory on the north-west half. One day, on his friend's tenth birthday, the day he was supposed to receive his official trainer card, he was sent to the hospital after a serious incident. That was the last Wattson ever heard of him...

The lady electrician lounged in the shade of a pillar beneath the bike route, texting while gradually the cyclists were cleared off the path. “Yo, Des,” she typed in, “how's the job going?”

[It's Desmond, Troy, and it's a load of ****, no thanks to you.]

Des and Troy
Route 110 (beneath Bike Road), Afternoon
Troy grumbled. Tori, you *****, the name's Tori. Hurry up, we got the clear for the rest of the job, I want to get back by dinner.”

[Fine, Troy, when XCTR is totally ****-ed up, I'll say a ***** was biting me in the ass to do a sloppy job.]

XCTR was the abbreviation for the Sector Laboratories. Wavelengths were intercepted on a daily basis, it couldn't hurt to be too careful. “Shut it. Heard Pine was already pissed. Get this right. Meet me when you're done, I'll check the area right now.” Troy watched the screen process Des' next message. Flicking the cover of her pokenav shut, she grimaced in disgust. What was sent through cannot be posted on any PG to PG-13 site, so I'll leave it up to the reader to imagine.

((continued next post))
~J.A.D.

Last edited by Oracion; 10-31-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:36 AM
Oracion Offline

Brent
Mossdeep Space Station, Afternoon
...is STILL staring at the radar screen, well, napping with his eyes open really, so we'll get back to him later...

~~~~~~~

Riley Dubois
North Veilstone, Evening

Deep within the weapons laboratory, Riley was working his magic on the seemingly impenetrable super-computer. Something was very suspicious when the receptionist seemed to have absolutely no knowledge of his crimes in Hoenn, after all, all of his companies would be the first to be alerted. Assuming she was a temp or a new recruit, it didn't weigh heavy on his mind until the professor feigned the same indifference. He was constantly glancing to the left, a sign that he was either lying or hiding something. Riley expected a squadron of police in the lab, but no, the path to the computer was clear, and the login screen was blinking monotonously. It was clear; this was a trap. As soon as that button was pressed they would be alerted. So, he took the long way around, and crashed the entire system's security, which took only a minute longer than logging in normally. As he cruised through all the confidential files, his mind raced with countless intricate calculations. Time was still his enemy. He wasn't about to let it win. Finally, the one he needed.

[Calibrating, please enter satellite security codex]

From an inner pocket of his jacket, he drew out a hand gun and, of all things, a gold heart locket. The computer blinked impatiently but he stopped, gazing down at the locket, and ran his thumb over the intricate engraved C on the plating. He flipped open the locket and stared at the photo. There was a picture of a young man inside, with short, thick, snowy white hair and eyes covered by dark mirrored sunglasses. He was smiling. At his side, was a young teen, with dark brown hair and brown eyes, with a single, dark green streak running trough her hair, eyes beaming and glittering with laughter as they held each other in a tight embrace. Riley gazed down on the alien-looking smile on his face, running his thumb over Callisto's hand linked with his.

[Warning, security restriction, please enter codex.]

Riley ran his finger over the picture, his thoughts gone for a moment.

[Warning-]

He snapped it back close. “To hell with this.” With a quick twist he snapped the locket in half, revealing a computer chip. Inserting it into the hard-drive, the computer took an agonizing moment to download it. Riley looked at the other half of the gold heart with half a c still engraved, and Callisto's smile still staring up at him. “Any regrets, Riley?”

[Security codex accepted. Calibrating firing arm.]

He closed his fist around it, and tossed the half-penny sized piece into the air. “None at all” With one swift movement he drew his gun and shot it out of existence. The side of his lip pulled back in a sly smirk at the impossible shot.

Riley watched the computer screen, while high above the world, a dormant satellite purred and spun to life. He took his hand gun and opened the side, folding out a clear, flexible, transparent panel that acted as a computer.

[Calibration complete. Satellite range: Veilstone.]

The computer alerted him. Tapping the panel, it read his dna and projected a series of screens onto the transparent film. "Commence download." He placed the gun on the keyboard of the main computer, and the omnisensor on the gun linked to the hard drive. The screen sparked static in defiance to the advanced technology, but eventually an hourglass on the computer blinked to life, then a progress bar appeared.

[Downloading.]

The little coloured bar leaped up in little, spastic jolts. Now, things were out of his hands. The police will no doubt start to get suspicious by now, and might already be on their way. If the download didn't complete by then, he would need to move on. Every stall in the download was agonizingly painful.

[Download, 75%]

Riley paced, eyes glued to the screen. “Faster, faster.”
~J.A.D.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Max0596 Offline

Cody &Sara,
Veilstone-Square
Evening
--------------------
Sometimes dreams take you on a journey...

Indigo Plateau
Champion's room
5 months prior

"Took me long enough to win. Now hurry up and register me, Oak."

"Okay, okay. You're the new champion."

"Sooo...now what do I do?"

"I dunno, go stand in the champions room?" Cody reluctantly turned around and walked back into the champion's room, sitting on the pokeball motif on the floor. And then he waited. And waited.

"I'm going to be the next champion!" Cody was startled by the voice. A small boy was standing in front of him, his smile radiating across the room.

"Be my guest, all you do is stand in one spot." Cody said quietly, walking past the boy and out of the room. Past all of the Elite Four, and out of the building.

"Now why did you do that?" Sara rang out when she got out of her pokeball, she was still an eevee.

"because it's the stupidest job in the world, and I would much rather finish my translator, as that will have a bigger impact on the world." Cody said, still walking away from the building.

"You do know how long you were champion, right?"

"About a day."

"Try fifteen minutes. Nobody's going to remember you." Cody made a soft thump as his side hit the ground, his face stricken with shock.

Boat
4 months prior

"*sigh*...so where are we going now?" Sara asked, sitting on the deck beside Cody.

"I'm a disgrace to the region of Kanto, so we're going somewhere else." Cody said, one hand on the steering wheel, the other at his side.

"*sigh* whatever..." Sara fell asleep quietly, resting her head on the wood floor.

Veilstone City
Docks
1 day prior

"Yeah, we made it! Wait, where are we?" Cody said, puzzled that he actually found land. They had been at sea for nearly 4 months, but they had ample rations for the trip.

"Veilstone..." Sara said quietly, not really caring if they hit ground or not. Then something hit the boat, and Sara was hit in the head by a flying object.

She awoke munutes later, feeling bigger than before. She looked at her paw and shrieked.

"What the hell did you do to me?!" Sara yelled out at Cody, who hadn't left the boat yet and was gathering his equipment.

"I didn't do anything. We hit a giant fire sone, and I guess a chip smacked you in the face." Cody said as he picked up a few electronical components and stuffed them in a bag.

"How can you be so calm?! I don't want to be a flareon!"

"I'll find some way to reverse it. We're losing daylight, let's get to the hotel." Cody said quietly, walking off and away from the boat. Sara followed, still not used to her new body, and angry Cody would let something like this happen. But she know he would somehow fix it, so she decided this would be a trial run.

Veilstone Hotel, room 361
Present day

Cody woke up slowly. Something furry was pressed up against him, and he almost jumped when he saw the girl. 'So she's the clingy type...' he thought as he concentrated on getting away without waking her. He slipped quietly away from her arms, letting her arms down as slow as he possibaly could.'If she notices anything awry, she won't be very happy.' Cody thought, stepping into the adjacent room. His tools sat neatly organised, a half complete translator sitting apart from the tools. He decided he wasn't going to work on the translator that night, and instead settled on protecting the girl. Then he remembered he could use pokemon moves. He silently used Protect, while holding a small cube with a screen on it.

The screen quietly lit up, displaying lines of code. He plugged the cube into his small laptop, then pasted all the codes in a document.

'Ah, Omnicube. What would I do without you?' he thought, pressing keys lightly so they emitted no noise.

'Now how to disguise it...' Cody thought, looking at the spherical crystal which now held the code. His eyes fell on a silver chain, and he hastily stuck the crystal to it, but still added a bit of flair by melting a thick wire of metal and winding it around the ball from top to bottom, making a professional looking piece of jewlery. It shined lightly, a green glow emitting from it. 'Perfect. Now to sneak back to bed...' he thought, walking quietly back to the bedroom, a dim green glow from his right hand.

Last edited by Max0596; 11-03-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Sylver Offline

OOC: Before I start I would just like to say I am IMMENSLY sorry that this is so late! THANK YOU ALL for being so patient!

BIC:

Eric Marx
Hidden Cave, Sinnoh
Evening

Some dreams are just a gateway to the past…

Marx Family Estate, Unova
Afternoon, several years ago…

Eric sat on the chair in the dining room, sorting through his mail as he usually would while the rest of his family ran about and played games around the house. His skin was lightly tanned, his muscles in great shape from his sword training, the large blade leaning against the chair as he tossed the junk mail through the paper shredder, instead looking at one letter bearing the stamp of an official Pokemon professor. Intrigued, he opened it up curiously, pulling out a card and a business letter, handwritten.

Reading it, he could soon hardly contain his excitement. Professor Oak in Kanto had written him back, offering him congratulations at becoming one of his researchers in Pokemon/Human blood relations. He could hardly contain his excitement as his Raichu read the letter with him, smiling that her trainer was happy. The next few moments were a blur to him, telling the family, saying his goodbyes, and heading out for Castelia Port, where a boat was sent by the Professor himself to take him to Kanto.

Pokemon Research Lab, Johto
14 months ago...

Eric stood in his researcher's coat, holding a vial of blood his Raichu willingly gave up and a vial of his own blood. He was walking towards his lab, something he still couldn't believe he had, where he assigned to test mixing Pokemon blood with Human blood. Walking in, he set both vials into the mixer and began to observe the results for the first time. After a few minutes of watching, you were astonished by the results. Taking the newly mixed blood, he set it into the filter as it started to attempt to separate it.

"No way..." He stared in awe at the results before picking up the phone hastily. "Professor! You need to see this!" He tried not to shout into the line, looking at the blood that had become inseparable once fused.

Pokemon Research Facility, Johto
8 months ago...

Eric sat in a cell, fur growing over his body, ears flattened on the sides of his head and Raichu ears and a similar tail growing from his body. He had a bandaged and bloody arm from a month ago, when his blood mixed with his Raichu's. Now, he had been caged like an animal, left only the possessions he brought with him, all contact with the outside world lost. However, the one possession they forgot to take away from him was his sword, leaning against the wall nearby as his eyes gazed over to it.

Goldenrod City
3 months ago...

Hiding in an alleyway, Eric held a bloodstained sword, rags covering his form loosely as he moved through the shadows of the night, overloading security systems and stealing what he could to survive. With control over his electrical abilities, he had become more dextrous and flexible, as well as gaining heightened abilities. All he needed now was a way out on the boat he hid away nearby, the coastline closed at the time due to an oil spill. Electricity dancing on his cheeks, he prepared to infiltrate the department store in front of him...

Aria Rals
Hidden Cave, Sinnoh
Evening

Some dreams are nightmares...

Pokemon Research Facility Johto
3 months ago...

Aria sat huddled in a corner, cringing at the sounds of yelling and beatings carrying through the walls of the facility as she hid in the air ducts. She knew they were looking for her, looking to take her back to her cell, place her under more experimentation. She was a mere plaything to these people, not a person, not an equal, an utter toy, meant to be broken and discarded once she outlived her usefulness. She wouldn't give them that chance. Ever since she became a pokemon morph, she could hear things much sharper that she once could not even hear a whisper of.

Gathering her courage again, she moved slowly through the air ducts, able to see the faintest glompses of natural sunlight after a few hours of moving.

[Zen's dream to be posted later]

Old 11-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Pokemon of Destruction Offline

Zac Storm
Veilstone City
Evening

Sometimes dreams can show your fears and true personality.

Zac got up and sees what seems to be an endless void. A figure is the only thing that seems to reside in the void. It looks like it gets closer and closer until it's right in front of him. It is a darker version of Zac with red aura emenating from it.

"Hello Zac."
"Who are you?"
"You already know the answer. I'm you but a different kind. I'm stuck here in your dreams yet you live as a physical being."
"Meaning?"
"I'm your worse nightmare!"

The evil Zac changed shape to become a shadow of Zac. Zac started to run.
"You can't run away Zac. I'm always there. Can't you face the truth."
"What do you want?"
"Freedom!"

The shadow became its physical form again and grabbed Zac. Zac punched the shadow and kept running.

(I couldn't resist the dream quote thing.)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:32 AM
33Whimsicott33 Offline

Janet's sprint slowed down to a steady jog as she slipped deeper into the trees and bushes.
New Mauville had disappeared out of sight, and she was under a thick enough canopy to prevent her bright yellow fur from standing out.
The tropical Hoennian forest guarded her from the eyes of most humans that traveled on the bike path, although she could still hear their traffic off in the distance.
"Of all the horrible things that could've happened..." Janet cursed to herself, using the breath she hadn't already dedicated to running,
"How did they manage to find me there? Why couldn't those humans just leave me alone? And why are there so many of them around here!?"
Janet thought hard on that subject. Humans. It was always the humans that poked into everyone's business, causing all of the problems.
Not that the Pokemon didn't have problems of their own, but at least they never tried to force their domination and bind other Pokemon to their will.
At least they got over their fights; they never tried to pursue other people to the ends of the earth.
All they wanted to do was survive and compete against each other. But humans... they wanted more... always wanted more...
But she quickly put a stop to her wild mental rant as she remembered where Pokemorphs like her came from in the first place. She cursed to herself again.

The bulging fruits of a nearby Pecha tree caught Janet's attention;
the only reason why she hadn't felt a single pang of hunger was because of the adrenaline that took up the last half hour of her day.
Now it was wearing off, and the Plusle morph was reminded of the other things she required in order to survive.
In a few agile leaps, Janet picked off a few Pecha Berries off the high branches.
Since there were no bags or cloth to store them in, she sat down and began eating under the tree.

"Guh, Guh... Gimme that!" a low, wheezing voice bellowed from the bushes next to her in Pokemon speak.
Janet immediately jumped back and stood low in a battle pose. She had missed her first bite by just a fraction of a second, and was hoping to end the conflict quickly so she could go back to eating.
A wild Gulpin emerged from the bushes, accompanied by savage growling, although Janet wasn't sure if that was coming from the Gulpin or its stomach.
"Hey listen up you giant Plusle... thing!" the Gulpin went on, "I been eyeing that berry for three days now and it only gets ripe enough to drop today! If you think yer gonna take that Pecha away from me, you gotta 'nother-"
Janet impatiently rolled all of the Pecha Berries she was holding over to the hungry Pokemon and simply leapt to a higher branch to get some more.
She had grown all too accustomed to the simple-mindedness of certain Pokemon and did her best to avoid it whenever possible.
The Gulpin busied itself with scooping up all the Pecha Berries in its mouth to swallow whole as Janet sat herself down again to eat.
The Pecha Berries higher up weren't as ripe as the ones she took from below, but she didn't care.
"OOOOOOHHHHHH, Thank you!" the Gulpin let out a contented sigh. It was universal to all Gulpins; if they stuffed themselves, they wouldn't complain.
"It's nothing," Janet replied trivially in a jumble of "pla" and "sle"s.
She jumped up a few more times to retrieve the remaining berries off the tree before it was picked clean. She offered a few to the Gulpin, who remained nothing less than ecstatic.
Its simple mind was overjoyed that there was someone who could pick the berries from so high up to give to it instead of having to wait for them to come down.
Suddenly, the distant noise of the Route 110 traffic died down. With the artificial ambience gone from the background, there was only quiet nature within the range of Janet's hearing.
It would've been soothing, but she couldn't help but feel unsettled. At this time of the day, the route should have been busy with large amounts of traffic going between towns.
Instead, the traffic had stopped early. She had also noticed that the air was completely devoid of the commands shouted by young Pokemon trainers common to the hour.
Something wasn't right.

Feeling uneasy, Janet finished the last of her meal and began to run again.

"Hey hay! Where are you going?" the Gulpin asked

"Mauville," Janet said curtly, not stopping as she said it.

"OOOOOOHHHH, Mauville! MMMMMMM, I love their trashcans! They throw all the good stuff away!" the Gulpin exclaimed, "Hey wait, can I come with you?"

Janet halted and looked back impatiently. She thought for a moment and sighed; the Gulpin was clearly showing an attachment to Janet.
Sometimes Pokemon were unreasonable, demanding a battle without relent.
Sometimes they were cowardly, fleeing at the sight of anyone else and keeping all to themselves.
But in certain cases, they just wanted something, and all it took was a little bribe to get a Pokemon attached to you.
Janet wondered if any of the Pokemon trainers- those who battled the wilds until they were weak, and threw balls at them until they landed that lucky catch- ever knew this...

"Oh, and by the way, could we have a snack on the way there?" the Gulpin asked as Janet dashed back and picked it up, continuing the journey with the two of them.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Oracion Offline

Callisto

Dreams lead you down forgotten paths...

Mossdeep Space Station 100th launch Gala, Morning (approx 1 year ago)

“Jeffrey!” Callisto let out a tiny yelp as her support suddenly walked away, greeting someone with his one available open arm, the other clutched tightly around his cane. Approaching with equally open arms was another man somewhere between Julien and Astro's ages, maybe early or mid thirties, also wearing a lab coat which was heavily stained a pale bluish-grey all over. Jeffery, she assumed his name was Jeffery, gave Julien a brilliant smile and a quick hug.

“Little Jules!” he said, holding Julien by the shoulders at arm's length, “By Arceus, you've grown!” Jeffery was not very small himself, an above average height, lanky figure with bright, twinkling eyes that crinkled pleasantly at the corners when he smiled, and rather long dark hair, even longer than Julien's, which fell straight and neat down past his shoulders to about his upper back. He chuckled for no apparent reason, then fixed Callisto with the same, curious look that the boy, what was his name?, Alex, had given her. She shrunk back behind a pillar, Jeffrey still watching her with unchecked curiosity, while Astro cleared his throat for attention.

“Well, I see you two have already met.” He watched them expectantly, obviously waiting for an explanation for their cordiality towards each other.

Julien gave his weak timid smile and patted Jeffery on the shoulder. “Jeffrey here has been my mentor and friend ever since I could remember. Oh, Jeffrey, this is my gardevoir, Callisto. Callisto, Jeffrey.”

Jeffrey gave her a bright smile, yet something strange and unreadable seemed to hang in the corners of his eyes that Callisto couldn't quite understand. Nevertheless, she knew there was something she didn't like about this Jeffrey person.

“So little Jules,” the mysterious spark in Jeffrey's eyes melted into his smile lines as he gently placed a hand on Julien's shoulder, starting to lead him down the hallway, “what have you been up to lately? I haven't seen you since your parents...well...”

Julien gave a sigh as quiet as the sun setting. “Since they were alive?”

Jeffrey's shoulders rose and fell as he took a breath. “Yes, I suppose.”

“Callisto, please stay here, alright? Do not trouble anyone.” Julien called back over his shoulder.

Callisto nearly uttered some human words, but thankfully Astro accidentally bumped her shoulder as he hurried to catch up with the two. Callisto turned her remark into a quick scowl, then a fleeting glance at the backs of the three men as they disappeared across the first floor.

“You were still just a young boy then,” Jeffrey was saying to Julien, “How has your health been? Any trouble breathing? Fainting spells?”

Julien limped along slowly beside him. “I have a little trouble every now and then. It is nothing that is concerning...”

Callisto watched the black cane tap, tap, tap away and the subtle swish of Astro's lab coat and Jeffrey's hair until she couldn't see nor hear them anymore. She found herself alone. Not another living thing seemed to be in the terrifyingly huge building. For a long while she stood next to that pillar, listening to the distant noises in the heart of the building and the silence within, as well as the muffled murmurs of the gala, where almost all the population of the building had gone, outside the window-wall beside her. Beyond the faint greyish-brown tint of the long, glass wall, she could feel the eyes staring into the silent heart of the monstrous building, though she didn't know that from their view, they could only gaze at their own expectant faces on smooth, opaque black glass. Rolling gently down the slope of the hill, carpeting it like a field of grass were hundreds of scientists and reporters and thousands upon thousands of citizens, spectators and hopeful trainers, pining for the one chance in a million to fly to the moon.

The feeling of thousands of eyes trained on your spot, even if they weren't looking directly at you or even seeing you, was a chilling one. Piled with the fear of being the last soul left in a building larger than any other you had ever seen, it was enough to make Callisto fell sick. She back away hastily from the window and fled up the iron-railed stairs to the second-floor observation walkway, a long open hall which overlooked the first floor. Looking back down over the railing she simply felt a sense of vertigo, not good for her already spinning head, so, bearing in mind that she had to remain undetected, she retreated further into the building.

There were plenty of places to hide; nooks behind garbage cans and pillars and potted plants. She wandered down the cool, deserted hall ducking behind every place she could find, looking for a good permanent spot she could hide and wait for Julien's stupid appearance-speech-thingy-whatever to be over and done so they could leave. She could've found a good hiding spot easily, if not for the other presences who were obviously trying to remain as hidden as she. Down the hall in front of her, slipping carefully but rather noisily through a side doorway was a group of three or so humans, obviously not scientists or anyone who would be allowed in the depths of the space centre.

For a moment she debated, crouched behind a potted plant beside a column in the wall. At last she shook her head.
“Either way I may regret this, but if I don't follow I may never know.” As you may probably have already guessed, she will regret this very much in the future.

Expecting to peer into a room full of more computers and blueprints, her eyes widened with awe at the sight the door revealed. Spanning out at least four stories deep behind the guardrail inside was the subject of the gala itself; the Mossdeep Rocket, Deoxys 13.

“Wow,” Callisto breathed, forgetting for a moment what she was doing, letting the door slide open with her weight. “Wow,” she breathed again for lack of anything else to say. Unfortunately there was not much time to say anything else, as it suddenly seemed as if the entire building was collapsing around her.

She saw the three human boys shout and shove each other to scramble to the exit as the support beams buckled and cracked, saw them pull short, eyes wide with panic when they saw her, and she could see Alex's eyes widen in realization just before the beam came crashing down on all of them.

~~~~~~~

Julien
Veilstone Outskirts, Evening

Dreams can take your breath away...

Acuity City (Route 217), Late Afternoon (Many years ago)

“Umm, hello? Please? Please?” The snow covered his legs up to his knees as he gingerly tapped the girl's shoulder. She was fast disappearing into the white blanket that was trying to swallow the city. Her eyes were wide open and glazed over with the dull emptiness of death. Julien was shaking violently, but not from the cold of course. He'd never seen eyes so barren and empty before.

Reaching out cautiously with a gloved hand, he gently touched the girl's eyes, like he had seen humans do to the deceased, only he didn't know they were doing so to close their eyes. Her eyes were frozen open, and smooth and hard like cold glass marbles.

The wind around the thin alleyway sounded like it was screaming, and Julien realized too late where the screaming was actually coming from. He looked up in time to see the hatchet bury deep into the side of his head.

~~~~~~~

Professor Aspen
Johto Medical Research Centre, Late Afternoon

Blip. Blip. Blip. Blip...

Aspen growled as he walked into the room. He rubbed his temples at the noise. “What?” He grumbled to no one.

Blip. Blip. Blip. Blip...whined the radar from Sinnoh. For a moment Aspen perked up. Had that lazy good-for-nothing Larch finally caught the Dubois boy on one of his sweeps? As he checked the data, he found that the blip split inot two as he zoomed in on Veilstone. Aspen frowned. “That lazy good-for-nothing Larch still hasn't caught him...”

One red blip was coming from the heart of the weapons building. That one had to have been where Lucian's boy was hiding. The other was coming from that hotel...

Aspen ran through the stats. He frowned. It wasn't what he had expected, but it was something nevertheless. “He must've taken it out of whatever case he was storing it in for the sweep to have detected it...” he muttered while he jabbed at a single key on the phone. “Get Larch on the line. Don't ask why, just do it.”

~~~~~~~
Desmond
New Mauville Generator Room, Afternoon

Desmond clapped the pokenav shut, enjoying a moment for himself to gloat about Tori's reaction to the picture he sent. “That was rich,” he smirked, while his larion carried on munching away the excess debris left over from the fight. The generator room itself was beginning to look good as new, thanks to larion's metal-munching might, it was the charred corpse that Desmond was most concerned with, as he knelt beside it, trying to pick what was left of it's pockets for anything useful.

“Urgh,” he grumbled when the trainer's trainer card came out as a melted, molten-looking sticky wad, fused over some jumbled pKe coins and an electrically-scorched wallet. “There goes ID-ing this sucker,” Des grumbled as he peeled the clinging, sticky bits of plastic from his fingers. He stood up and sighed, rolling his shoulders. Staring up at him was the blackened, smoking face of an unknown and unidentifiable trainer, which he was supposed to identify and then come up with some sort of cover for this death. It wouldn't be too difficult; a short-circuited wire that caught the unfortunate trainer, or a stupid kid sticking a finger into a crack in the generator casing to fish out a fallen pKe coin. The difficult part was standing around with the smell of burnt flesh while his larion munched it's way through the extra trash lying around.

A familiar, detached, crinkling noise in the air made him whip around with his screwdriver clenched tightly in his fist. Standing in the hall leading back out of New Mauville, was Tori's abra. Des slumped with relief. “Abra, **** man you nearly made me tag you with this puppy,” he waved the tip of the screwdriver in front of abra's face teasingly. Laughing he tucked the screwdriver back into his belt and crouched down beside the charred corpse. Rolling up his sleeves he prepared to heave the corps closer to the generator so he could figure out some way to stage a large-scale electrocution. He grunted with a satisfied smirk at the small victory of lifting the dead weight, then smirked over towards the ever impassive abra. “So squinty, what'd the lab think of those rolling poke-bombs Tori had ya poof over-”

Des froze. Abra was holding a letter in his hand. Without needing the instructions to do so abra walked over to Desmond's side and held the letter beneath his nose. The corpse fell to the ground with a meaty thwump. Des' eyes bugged as the oppressively sweet smell radiating from the letter flooded the tiny generator room and pressed against his nose and throat.

~~~~~~~
Tori
Route 110 (beneath Bike Road), Afternoon

Tori's linoone glided like a silk ribbon through the waters, carrying her steadily up and down the route. She didn't worry about watching the path, not with her faithful linoone doing the task for her. Instead she kept her eye on the hidden screen of her modified pokenav, watching for the information streaming from the Sector headquarters about any new developments. Everything was silent, the water, the grass, the road up ahead, even the wingull seemed to have disappeared into some alternate world. That was how still it was when the grass rustled with lumbering, approaching footfalls.

Tori didn't bother looking up. She knew it was Des from the location change on her pokenav. She sighed and closed her eyes as she flipped her pokenav shut. “Des, for Arceus' sake what the **** took you so long? That morph might be halfway to Fortree by now no thanks to-”

Tori stopped mid-sentence, struck by the appearance of her recon partner. He was slumped over, zombie-like, with his eyes wide and staring and frame trembling ridiculously. She forced a cynical laugh. “What's the matter, *****?” her voice crackled uncharacteristically, “Purrloin stole your tongue? Ghost pokemon caught your back? Come on, you look pathetic on your best days but this is just-” Suddenly Des' forlorn expression was explained as he held a clumsily torn-open envelope to her. Her breath caught in her throat when it hit her, that smell, the sickeningly sweet smell of honey and peppermint.

“Your abra came back.” He said with a slight drawl. His eyes didn't seem to register anything as Tori snatched the envelop and fumbled with the letter, which had been crumpled slightly in Des' haste to replace it.

The message, written with neat flowing print on a small sheet of paper was only a few lines;

“The office is closing early tonight for the dinner party at 5. I hope you remembered; please don't be late! Sincerely, Pine.”

Tori swallowed the lump in her throat, holding the note at arm's length to keep the oppressively sweet smell as far away as possible. She was shaking all over as she slowly turned her head, to find Des shaking as much as she, arms clutching his sides as if he had a terrible belly-ache. They wide, panic-stricken eyes met.

“What do we do?” Des whimpered.

Tori for once had no answer and no snappy come-back to fill in as one. The letter, of course, was in a very precise code. They both knew, there was no dinner party waiting for them back at the Lab...

~~~~~~
Riley Dubois
North Veilstone (inside weapons laboratory), Evening

[Download, 80%]

Riley approached the computer, hand hovering over the gun to snatch it once it was complete. So close, so close. Then he heard it, the doors sliding open behind him. Footsteps, the panting of Arcanine and gun barrels being cocked. They were approaching fast.

[Download-]

Riley sighed with disappointment, closing his eyes and grabbing the gun off the computer. The transparent film folded into its compartment and the main computer whined and went blank. As he tucked the gun back into his pocket, he turned to face a wall of policemen and women, with various police pokemon and staff from the weapons company, forming a semicircle some distance from him, walling off the only exit. They held their guns at eye level, barrels trained on him.

"Hands up!" One shouted. He readily complied, raising his empty palms to them. They started approaching, unable to read his emotions from behind his mirrored sunglasses. "What were you doing in this laboratory?" one demanded.

Riley's face and voice were cold and stoic. "Accomplishing something no ordinary human can ever comprehend, or is ever meant to."
~J.A.D.