Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Safari Zone » Adventure Archive

Adventure Archive When Safari Adventures end, they are archived here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to peruse the archives so as to learn some better capture strategies!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default sammy0295 | Mountain | Vaporeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
I, sammy0295, would like to explore the Mountain, with my Vaporeon.

[Vapor] Vaporeon ♀
Ability: Water Absorb
Signature Move: N/A
0/0/0/0
Obtained: Starter Evolved

State your items and then were off.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295
Default Re: sammy0295 | Mountain | Vaporeon

none

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

A Wild LUCARIO appeared!
[ F | Steadfast ]

What will you do?

> Attack, Use Item, Throw Ball (1 Safari Point each)
> Flee (2 Safari Points)
> Exit Safari Zone (30 Safari Points)

You have 30 Safari Points remaining.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Hydro Pump ~ Yawn

Just combining them to save time, not for the sake of strategy, so long as that's not a problem

Old 09-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Round1

Trainer

[Vapor] Vaporeon
Health: 100
Energy: 100

[-] Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Health: 100
Energy: 100

Lucario began to charge what seemed to be a ball of energy between her fists. She meditated till the ball became as large as one of her hands. She then was ready. Charging forward to Vapor, it seemed as if it was to strike. But stopping before the vaporeon, a shock-wave suddenly shot out from the energy ball in its hand. This beam struck Vaporeon.
[Force Palm; Lucario: -5 Energy | Vaporeon: -8 Health]

The beam eventually slacked, and Vapor had a surprise for her opponent. When the shining light of the energy vanished away, Vapor shot a stream of water from it's mouth. The powerful stream soaked her opponent, and knocked her over with both surprise and force. Vapor was happy with her odds.
[Hydro Pump; Vaporeon: -11 Energy | Lucario: -25 Health]

Lucario did not attack back. Instead it sat where it had been knocked down. Their it meditated, humming to itself. It began to renew and focus her mind, until she felt stronger. She then stood up and breathed a sigh of relaxation, before focusing back on the battle.
[Calm Mind; Lucario: -4 Energy. +1 SpAtk. +1 SpDef | Vaporeon: - ]

These pokemon's tricks bored Vapor, making her next attack quite easy. She opened her mouth and let out a wide yawn. Lucario saw this, and yawned herself. Lucario found herself very tired now, and felt like she needed more sleep.
[Yawn; Vaporeon: -2 Energy | Lucario: Drowsy.]

Trainer

[Vapor] Vaporeon
Health: 92
Energy: 87

[-] Lucario
Health: 75
Energy: 91
Drowsy. +1 SpAtk. +1 SpDef

Notes
Lucario will fall asleep in two actions.

OPTIONS:
1- Attack. Use Item. Throw Ball.
2- Flee.
3- Exit Safari Zone.

You have 28 Safari Points left.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Brine ~ Brine ~ Pokeball

Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
Health: 92
Energy: 87
Brine~Brine~Poke Ball

Lucario (M)
Health: 75
Energy: 91
Calm Mind~Aura Sphere~Metal Sound

Lucario settles his mind; he’s against a Special Attacker with good Special Defense. He knows this will require a level head. He enters a meditative state, which in his drowsy state is much easier than it normally would be. He can feel the ebb and flow of his own energy, the channels through which it passes, and through this awareness gains significantly better control over it, allowing him to strengthen his attacks and absorb them much more easily. Vaporeon, oblivious to the inner workings of Lucario’s mind, sucks in a deep breath and lets loose a blast of water. Unlike her previous attack, this water is heavily salted, designed to capitalize on the enemy’s wounds. Lucario, though, doesn’t have many wounds. While the attack deals some damage, it isn’t nearly as powerful as it could be.

Lucario can feel himself drifting off already, but before he can fall completely out he has time to get one more attack. He digs his heels into the ground and draws his hands back, focusing his energy into a sphere between his palms. In a quick movement he shoves his hand forward, the sphere of energy instantly condensing to become visible and highly charged. It surges forward and hits Vapor in the chest sending her flying through the air, letting out a cry that, due to the acoustics of the mountains, echoes dramatically. A smirk on his face, Lucario drops to one knee, and allows himself to fall into a deep slumber.

Vaporeon stands, glaring at Lucario, and opens her mouth, unleashing another torrent of salty brine. It hits him in the face and sends him sliding backwards, still snoozing peacefully, across the ground. You take a Pokeball offered by the Ranger, and throw, catching Lucario on the side of the head. The ball pops open and absorbs Lucario inside with a flash of red light, and snaps shut. It shakes ever so slightly, but more or less gives the muted ding of success without much of a fight.

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
Health: 81
Energy: 77

Lucario (M)
Health: 57
Energy: 79

Notes
Lucario uses Calm Mind. Costs 4 energy. SpAtt and SpDef+1
Vaporeon uses Brine. Deals 9 damage. Costs 5 energy.
Lucario uses Aura Sphere. Deals 11 damage. Costs 8 energy.
Lucario falls asleep.
Vaporeon uses Brine. Deals 9 damage. Costs 5 energy. Lucario remains asleep.
Sammy throws a Poke Ball! The capture roll was 8, where anything less than 46 would result in a capture. Capture Success!

You continue your trek through the mountains, climbing a short ways higher before reaching a large cavern opening. It practically screams “Wild Pokemon Here,” so you edge forward to check it out, when a loud roar sounds from inside. A dark hand appears along the side, and out floats…

A Wild HYDREIGON appeared!
[ F | Levitate ]

Have fun with that.

You have 25 Safari Points remaining.
What will you do?
>Attack (1 Point)
>Use Item (1 Point)
>Flee (2 Points)
> Leave Safari Zone (All Points)

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 09-30-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Ice Beam ~ Rain Dance + Brine
First use Ice Beam. Then use Rain Dance but put the salt of Brine into the energy so it'll hurt.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
Health: 81%
Energy: 77%
Ice Beam ~ Rain Dance + Brine

[-] Hydreigon (F)
Ability: Levitate
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Work Up ~ Dragon Rage ~ Slam

Hydreigon breathed in deeply, then breathed out just as deeply. She continued breathing, her eyes closed and her face creased in concentration. Her body began to glow with a faint red aura, and as it did she suddenly seemed to snap into wakefulness. She lifted her head and roared with anger, her eyes open wide and throwing twin beams of red light in Vapor's direction. Hydregion leaped up into the air and began to flap mightily, roaring a challenge to Vapor, who cowered fearfully as she watched the ferocious beast above her.
[Work Up: Hydregion, -4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SATK]

However, Sammy had given Vapor her orders and she couldn't disobey. She lifted her fins in defiance, opening her mouth in what appeared to be a war cry at first. Hydregion was ready to preempt such hollering, but before she could, jagged lines of freezing cyan energy lanced from Vapor's mouth. Hydregion bellowed with shock and rage as the frigid energy took hold of her, making her scales sticky with frost. If there was one thing that a dragon could not stand, it was intense cold such as that. Luckily for her, however, Hydregion was not frozen solid - she merely had an ice-burn on her wide chest.
[Ice Beam: Vapor, -13% Energy; Hydregion, -13% HP]

Hydregion was ready to retaliate. She opened her 'main' mouth wide, forming a small cyclone of indigo-and-orange energy within. The cyclone gave birth to a beam, which hit Vapor smack-dab in the face. Vapor squealed in surprise - but she was over her pain in seconds. The attack had really been pretty trivial.
[Dragon Rage: Vapor, -5% HP; Hydregion, -1% Energy]

Vapor knew that she was in for an interesting time with this next move. Trying to focus on salt - stinging salt that burned like fire when you put it on a wound - she lifted her head skyward and sent a ball of light shooting from her mouth to the sky, where it exploded in a burst of dark-gray condensation. Rain began pouring from the clouds. Vapor put her tongue out to taste - then gagged. The rain was very, very salty. Vapor was glad she had no open cuts. However, Hydreigon wasn't as lucky - her ice burn was raw and tender, and the salty rain stung it. She roared in pain as the water-drops came down.
[Briny Rain: Vapor, -12% Energy; Hydreigon, -6% HP]

Hydreigon glared at Vapor, then without warning folded her wings and dropped right out of the sky, coming into a nosedive with her nose diving straight toward Vapor. Vapor gasped in surprise, but it was too late to run - Hydreigon's body slammed right into Vapor's before the Vaporeon could so much as react. Hydreigon flapped backward, smirking, leaving Vapor curled on the ground, feeling bruised from the attack.
[Slam: Vapor, -8% HP; Hydreigon, -8% Energy]

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
Health: 68%
Energy: 52%

[-] Hydreigon (F)
Health: 81%
Energy: 87%
[+1 ATK, +1 SATK]

Ref Notes
Ice Beam's Crit Roll was 47; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Ice Beam's Effect Roll was 82; 1-10 for Freeze.
Slam's Accuracy Roll was 31; 1-75 for hit.
Slam's Crit Roll was 14; 1-6.25 for Crit.
Who wants to know how I calculated the rain? I added the Energy costs of Rain Dance and Brine. For the damage, I halved the damage that Brine would do to Hydreigon under rain conditions.
It is raining. The rain is salty, meaning that if a Pokemon gets cut by another Pokemon's slashing/cutting move, that Pokemon will take 1.25x the regular damage that the attack would deal. Because of the, yanno, salt.
The rain will last through all of next round.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Bite + Blizzard
Use Bite and try to stay latched on long enough to use Blizzard so it's more likely to hit.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:02 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

sammy0295

[Vapor] Vaporeon ()

HP: 68%
Energy: 52%
Moves: Bite + Blizzard

Wild

Hydreigon (F)

HP: 81%
Energy: 87%
Condition: +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Moves: Dragon Pulse ~ Assurance

A smile crept across Hydreigon’s face as she prepared to attack your pokémon. Purple energy began to form around the mouth of her middle head. An orb of this energy formed and she quickly fired it at Vapor, who didn’t stand a chance of dodging it; the water-dog stumbled and fell onto the stony ground. Hydreigon only continued to smile – things were going well for her.

You were about to try and change that though. Vapor got back to her feet and you gave her the orders with which you hoped to bring down the smirking dragon. First off, the Vaporeon rushed towards her, growling angrily. Then she leapt and caught hold of the hovering demon’s left arm (or neck). As the pair of them sank slowly towards the path, Vapor summoned an icy blast of wind, which struck the two of them together. Hydreigon shuddered as the ice chilled her to the bone; this was more difficult than she had thought it would be. Your Vaporeon was more sheltered from the wind but it was still fairly uncomfortable for her. As soon as the storm was over, she let go of her opponent and tried to get away before she was caught by a counterattack.

Unfortunately, she was too slow for that; she felt something jab her in the back before she had taken two steps. The wild monster had struck her with a glowing fist (or head). Vapor stumbled but carried on, managing to avoid any further harm. Once she was a safe distance away, she took the chance to study her opponent – she didn’t seem to be too badly hurt yet, despite all the effort Vapor had put in. Meanwhile, Vapor was feeling quite tired now; she wasn’t sure if she could keep this up for much longer. You’d have to be quick if you wanted to catch the dragon.

sammy0295

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)

HP: 41%
Energy: 26%

Wild

Hydreigon (F)

HP: 65%
Energy: 75%
Condition: +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack

Ranger Notes
Dragon Pulse- (Hydreigon -6% Energy; Vaporeon -12% HP)
Bite+Blizzard- (Vaporeon -26% Energy, -3% HP; Hydreigon -16% HP)
Assurance- (Hydreigon -6% Energy; Vaporeon -12% HP)
The blizzard did damage to Vaporeon as well since she was caught in it due to being attached to Hydreigon. The BP was split 30:90.

You have 20 Safari Points remaining.
What will you do?
>Attack (1 Point)
>Use Item (1 Point)
>Flee (2 Points)
> Leave Safari Zone (All Points)
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 PM
sammy0295 Offline

On the topic of Blizzard hurting Vaporeon,

Not that it matters much, just thought I'd point it out.

Anyhow I knew I should have ran from this thing the second I saw it. I was hoping to sell it. Now, I don't care how pitiful the percentage. Pokeball. If it doesn't work, then Run.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

claim.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 10-29-2011, 01:34 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
HP: 41
Energy: 26

[-] Hydreigon (F)
HP: 65
Energy: 75

Sammy was a little annoyed that his genius tactic didn't do nearly enough damage. Rather than get angry over it, he decided to go on the offensive. He reached into his pouch, pulling out a red and white sphere from within. Staring down the mighty Dragon, he threw the Ball into the air. It hurtled towards the Dark-type, and smacked against its primary head. The Dragon roared breifly before it turned into a red light and was sucked into the sphere. The ball shook violently, as the Pokémon tried to escape, but it had become too weak - the battle was over.

[Vapor] Vaporeon (F)
HP: 41
Energy: 26

[
[-] Hydreigon (F)
HP: 65
Energy: 75

Ref Notes
The capture roll was 10, where anything less than 25 would result in a capture.

A Wild LAIRON appeared!
[ F | Sturdy ]

What will you do?

> Attack, Use Item, Throw Ball (1 Safari Point each)
> Flee (2 Safari Points)
> Exit Safari Zone (30 Safari Points)

You have 19 Safari Points remaining.

Species rolled 82 out of the 144 possibilities for this area of the Safari Zone.
Gender rolled 1728, where anything less than or equal to 5000 results in LAIRON being female.
Ability rolled 1, where rolling 1 gives LAIRON the ability Sturdy as opposed to Rock Head for rolling 2.
Shininess rolled 2224, where anything less than 8192 results in the Pokemon not being Shiny.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM
sammy0295 Offline

ooo lucky me -.-
well like I said, shes probably worth something.

Lairon on the other hand, is pretty neat.

Aqua Ring ~ Hydro Pump

Last edited by sammy0295; 10-29-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Closed Thread