Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian
Default Seattle Mafia

Introduction

Caspian here, with my first RMT on PE2K, an offensive Drizzle Team that involves a very underrated Pokemon. After reading a few offensive/balanced Rain RMTs, I got an idea of how rain offense is played, but obviously, decided to put my own twist on rain offense, and step out of the traditional "spam Volt Switch and U-Turn until they die" playstyle. I really wanted to get into making offensive teams, since I've mainly been playing stall, and a little bit of balanced, and I wanted to get interested in offense by using said underrated threat, along with a team that's a ton of fun to use. In team"Seattle Mafia", I believe I've found that team. And for anyone who's curious, Seattle is a US City in which it rains a ton, and the mafia is an infamous organized crime group.

The Team

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Politoed is the boss that gets the whole show started. Drizzle provides an amazing advantage for the team, powering up the team's water moves to gargantuan heights, activating Dry Skin and nerfing Fire Moves. I decided to use Bulky SpecsToed like McMeghan used in their offensive Rain Team, and ev'd it to outspeed Heatran, not that Heatran beats me, but just in case. With Choice Specs, Politoed hits surprisingly hard, crushing switchins like Ferrothorn and Latios, while tanking hits with ease. Hydro Pump provides an extremely powerful STAB, due to it being boosted by Rain, Focus Blast and Ice Beam are there for coverage and Hidden power Grass is there to beat pesky Jellicent and Gastrodon

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

Mynism Toxicroak is such an absolute beast in rain. With Dry Skin, I recover 12% of my HP each turn, nulling the effects of life orb, so that I can't be stalled out if the opponent lacks a hard counter to the set, which they usually do, as most people think Gliscor can handle Toxicroak. With Ice Punch at my disposal, however, Gliscor is KO'd with ease, making it an excellent stallbreaker. Sucker Punch is also extremely beneficial to the set, as it provides powerful priority, preventing Pokemon like Espeon from revenging me. Cross Chop has a semi-reliable accuracy at 80 and a ton of power, functioning as my main STAB to KO slower foes that don't resist Fighting. Toxicroak also removes Toxic Spikes from my side of the field, and sets up easily on layers of Tspikes such as Roserade and Tentacruel. I've had the cool sprite of a Toxicroak as my avatar on here for a while, and boy am I glad that I finally got to use Toxicroak in battle.

Gyarados (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang

Scarf Gyarados with Moxie is a amazing to say the least, Moxie itself has won me a good amount of battles, powering up my Waterfalls as they take down my opponent's team. I originally planned to Scarf Politoed, but Scarf Gyara is so much better, and can check a ton of threats, such as Infernape, Mynism Toxicroak and Lucario, not to mention the fact that it hits like an absolute truck. Even with an Adamant Nature, Gyarados hits 391 Speed, allowing it to outspeed nearly all of OU at +0 and even threats at +1. Moxie allows me to clean with Gyarados late game, as it sometimes gives me the push I need to kill my opponent's last Pokemon. I've considered using Bounce over Ice Fang, but I'd rather not let my opponent get a free turn up, Bounce is fine with Bulky DD, but I often have to conserve my Scarfdos in order to win. Edgequake rounds out my coverage while Ice Fang is there for Grass Types and Dragons.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 248 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Celebi is the next Pokemon on the team, and provides a switch-in to Bulky Waters along with amazing team support. Giga Drain is the sole coverage move, capable of crushing bulky waters that try and wall the rest of the team. Heal Bell is really helpful, as I lack a form of status absorber, and with Will O Wisp being everywhere this gen, something is going to get burned, Heal Bell prevents my opponents from crippling my sweepers, so that a bad move doesn't cost me the whole game. Finally, Celebi provides even more support by setting up Stealth Rock, which is a huge help to my sweepers. With SR up, Gyarados can 2HKO Rotom-W with Stone Edge, ending the annoying Washing Machine and gaining me an insane amount of momentum.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite

Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

This thing could handle sweepers last gen without an eviolite, this gen, it just stops them completely. Porygon2 is the team's sole dedicated defensive wall and can handle a multitude of threats with its insane defenses and access to Recover/Thunder Wave. P2 is no slouch on the offensive side, as Thunder and Ice Beam are coming off of a Base 105 Special Attack Stat. I've chosen Thunder over Discharge and Thunderbolt as it brings a lot more power than Thunderbolt and has the same paralysis rate as Discharge, but is 100% accurate under rain. Ice Beam is there for the famed "Boltbeam Coverage" and the ability to crush Dragons. For threats thar I'm sure P2 can't completely wall/beat, I usually just tank a hit and then use Thunder Wave to cripple their sweeper, so that the other members of my team can finish it off.

Durant (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

HIDE YOUR KIDS. HIDE YOUR WIFE, IT'S THE BOSS. Durant in OU, let's get it. Kidding aside, this thing is a monster. I really wanted to step out of the stereotypical Rain Offense playstyle of using Scizor and Rotom-W and then spamming Volt Switch/U-Turn like there's no tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely effective, but I really wanted a team that's fun to play with, and Durant spices things up a lot. With Hustle, Durant hits 475 Attack, and after one Hone Claws, it gets back the accuracy it lost, and another nifty attack boost, making Hone Claws the perfect move for the Ant of Iron. This thing hits 348 Speed with a Jolly Nature and Max investment, outspeeding nonscarfed Infernape and Muskateers, not to mention a ton of other things. Lum Berry allows me to set up all over things like Body Slam Jirachi and then crush them with a STAB X-Scissor. Durant also checks Celebi, which Rain teams hate a lot, mine being no exception. Almost all of the threats to Durant's sweep are eliminated by the rest of the team, so after speedy special attackers are killed, Durant can let loose. I've considered running a double boosting set with Rock Polish, but if I choose to Rock Polish, I run the risk of having Iron Head, X-Scissor or the worst culprit of them all, Stone Edge, miss and Durant getting smashed. The fact that Durant has such a powerful arsenal of moves at its display and a "troll" speed tier, if you will, allows it to check many threats and also revenge kill. After one Hone Claws, Durant hits a 712 Attack Stat there are very few Pokemon in the tier that can actually stop me by actually trying to wall my attacks. Finally, I'll impart you guys with a testimonial from a match on ladder.

Start of turn 1
Durant used Hone Claws!
Durant's Attack rose!
Durant's Accuracy rose!

The foe's Uxie used Thunder Wave!
Durant is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Durant ate its Lum Berry!
Durant's status cleared!

Start of turn 2
Durant used X-Scissor!
It's super effective!
The foe's Uxie lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Uxie fainted!

Cultofstarmie sent out Zapdos!

The foe's Zapdos is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 3
Durant used Stone Edge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Zapdos lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos fainted!

Cultofstarmie sent out Infernape!

Cultofstarmie: wow... never seen him used.
Cultofstarmie: he seems good.
Closed Thread