Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Pokemon Theory Thread

And OMG! I was watching the original Pokemon Series and it started out with Ash eating a fried Magikarp on a stick! :o
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond

Regarding a topic related to breeding, I don't understand how all Pokemon comes from eggs. Imagining Pokemon that are based on mammals irl i.e. Luxray, Ninetales, Beartic, Delcatty, Floatzel, Ambipom etc laying eggs is....an utterly disgusting thought. >_<

ASB | VPP | Poetry | Art

Click please? :3
Old 09-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
Regarding a topic related to breeding, I don't understand how all Pokemon comes from eggs. Imagining Pokemon that are based on mammals irl i.e. Luxray, Ninetales, Beartic, Delcatty, Floatzel, Ambipom etc laying eggs is....an utterly disgusting thought. >_<
How does a male Wailord breed with a female Skitty?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond1304 View Post
It's strange to me too how a dogs and cats lay eggs, but I just let it go. They are not our animals. The Pokemon Universe is an alternate / parallel reality with it's own rules and creatures, so it's okay for cows to lay eggs too.

Why is it that people never get severely burned when scorched by a fire Pokemon or rolled over by Snorlax or shocked by a Pikachu? Maybe the Pokemon is aware of its strength, has no intention in injuring or even killing but merely to warn someone, neither they nor their trainers and Pokemon friends are to be messed with.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 09-22-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling grammar more info
Old 09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
How does a male Wailord breed with a female Skitty?
When has that situation ever occurred, and more importantly, why would you try to plant that image into someone's mind? xD
Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
atucker22 Offline

When you think about it, Pokemon battling is much like dog fighting. They take animals and make them fight until one wins or loses, and money is given by the loser to the winner. In their society, it is the basis of everything that happens, whereas, in our society it is frowned upon.

It's an interesting topic to speculate
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Temporal Diamond Offline

Send a message via MSN to Temporal Diamond

Every time a Yamask is bred and hatched, does someone just die? D:

Quote:
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
Quote:
These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.
And similarly for Cubone, does its Marowak mother die after it has been hatched? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
When you think about it, Pokemon battling is much like dog fighting. They take animals and make them fight until one wins or loses, and money is given by the loser to the winner. In their society, it is the basis of everything that happens, whereas, in our society it is frowned upon.

It's an interesting topic to speculate
I've never heard of dog fighting. o.0 But from what I know, cock fighting is similar to. And so is the idea of gladiators, somewhat.

ASB | VPP | Poetry | Art

Click please? :3
Old 09-23-2011, 06:55 PM

How does the food chain work, Pokemon eating Pokemon? And if so, why does the series claim Pokemon live in harmony when in the wild?
Old 09-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
How does the food chain work, Pokemon eating Pokemon? And if so, why does the series claim Pokemon live in harmony when in the wild?
Same way people see harmony in nature, instead of the endless bloodbath.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 09-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I do wonder at times how trainers can travel the world at such a young age. And I'm not talking about the safety, but rather how they can support themselves. Specifically, I'm talking about the anime since you earn money from battles in the gameboy games.

The Pokemon Centers offer trainers free room and board, from what we've seen of the anime. Not to mention free healing and communication services. This seems to indicate to me that these centers are sponsored either through some organization or government. How or why this sponsoring occurs, is unknown, but it could range anywhere between advertisements to a fundamental belief in the right for people to train Pokemon to some sort of pre-military program in which Pokemon training is a good way to start learning how to use your Pokemon for combat purposes.

It's interesting to consider.
if this is the case its probably so because all the research that goes into Pokemon. In the pokeuniverse im sure that even government branches have pkmn to aide in thier vital research. thus having incentives worldwide for providing pokemon with this healing service and board..

Also does anyone else think its wierd.. but in Iccirus City in Unova the most top right home has a house in which the owners quiz you.. they have a daughter who's name is "Ditoh" - Its my personal beliefe that this girl is a pkmn who has taken the shape of the quizzies(its what i call them) deceased daughter..

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

I find it interesting that absolutely everything in the Pokémon world revolves around the creatures that inhabit it. All activities available to a person are about these strange creatures. You can't go to a restaurant that serves people food that doesn't also happen to be healthy for every critter out there. There are no cinemas, and even the sports domes are Pokémon dominated. It's the Pokémon's world, all the humans just happen to live in it.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophi View Post
I find it interesting that absolutely everything in the Pokémon world revolves around the creatures that inhabit it. All activities available to a person are about these strange creatures. You can't go to a restaurant that serves people food that doesn't also happen to be healthy for every critter out there. There are no cinemas, and even the sports domes are Pokémon dominated. It's the Pokémon's world, all the humans just happen to live in it.
This is quite suspicious... *gasp* perhaps it's all a trick, and humans are actually the Pokemon's slaves!

Art Gallery
Old 09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
This is quite suspicious... *gasp* perhaps it's all a trick, and humans are actually the Pokemon's slaves!
Nah, the people just can't comprehend anything that doesn't directly relate to pokémon. Every single book in their world is about pokémon. Nobody mentions anything about the current state of their government, or does anything memorable without the critters by their side. They are the primary source of transport, food, and drive the entire world's economy.

I imagine that this is the sort of conversation one might hear in the Realm of Pokémon.
Spoiler:
Boy: Mom, I'm done cleaning up my room, can I go to the beach with some friends?

Mom: That sounds lovely dear, which pokémon are you taking with you?

Boy: None mom, I was just going to go with Billy and Jasmine.

Mom: Well, with that Poliwrath lifeguard I'm sure you'll be fine. Here, take this camera, see if you can get any pictures of some rare Pokémon while you're out. But look out for pokémon that know thief, when they use that move, they can take a carried item right out of your hands!

Boy: I remember mom, you give me advice on different moves everyday.

Mom: I just want you to be prepared for when you become a pokémon trainer.

Boy: I thought it might be cool to become a doctor, actually.

Mom: It's usually only ladies who work at the Pokémon Center, sweetheart. You'd have a hard time getting into that field. Unless you wanted to be a traveling doctor.

Boy: No mom, a doctor for people, I want to be able to help people.

Mom: What an original idea! What kind of pok♪mon would a doctor for people be using?

Boy: Um... I'm not sure if you understand. I'll talk to you when I get back from the beach, okay?

Mom: Stay out of the water while you're at the beach. Wild pokémon can jump out at any time! And don't forget your sunscreen. Takes lots of pictures of pokémon! Have fun!

Of course, children are pressured by every adult they meet to make friends with pokémon and grow up to be trainers. Everyone they encounter gives you advice on battle, wants to see certain types of pokémon, or forces pokémon-only items down your throat. (Don't drink that, the Fresh Water is only for your Slugma, not you!) Either that, or they want to pit their monster friends in combat against yours, just because it would fun to watch.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophi View Post
Nah, the people just can't comprehend anything that doesn't directly relate to pokémon. Every single book in their world is about pokémon. Nobody mentions anything about the current state of their government, or does anything memorable without the critters by their side. They are the primary source of transport, food, and drive the entire world's economy.

I imagine that this is the sort of conversation one might hear in the Realm of Pokémon.
Spoiler:
Boy: Mom, I'm done cleaning up my room, can I go to the beach with some friends?

Mom: That sounds lovely dear, which pokémon are you taking with you?

Boy: None mom, I was just going to go with Billy and Jasmine.

Mom: Well, with that Poliwrath lifeguard I'm sure you'll be fine. Here, take this camera, see if you can get any pictures of some rare Pokémon while you're out. But look out for pokémon that know thief, when they use that move, they can take a carried item right out of your hands!

Boy: I remember mom, you give me advice on different moves everyday.

Mom: I just want you to be prepared for when you become a pokémon trainer.

Boy: I thought it might be cool to become a doctor, actually.

Mom: It's usually only ladies who work at the Pokémon Center, sweetheart. You'd have a hard time getting into that field. Unless you wanted to be a traveling doctor.

Boy: No mom, a doctor for people, I want to be able to help people.

Mom: What an original idea! What kind of pok♪mon would a doctor for people be using?

Boy: Um... I'm not sure if you understand. I'll talk to you when I get back from the beach, okay?

Mom: Stay out of the water while you're at the beach. Wild pokémon can jump out at any time! And don't forget your sunscreen. Takes lots of pictures of pokémon! Have fun!

Of course, children are pressured by every adult they meet to make friends with pokémon and grow up to be trainers. Everyone they encounter gives you advice on battle, wants to see certain types of pokémon, or forces pokémon-only items down your throat. (Don't drink that, the Fresh Water is only for your Slugma, not you!) Either that, or they want to pit their monster friends in combat against yours, just because it would fun to watch.
Yeah. So, the Pokemon are secretly mind-controlling humanity's subconscious to tend to their every need. Which sometimes involves battling in order to vent their aggressive tendencies.

Art Gallery
Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 PM

Why are there so few cars?