Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Hypno or Kadabra in GSC?

Hello. I've started playing Pokemon Gold recently, and I've been doing fairly well. I've beaten the fourth gym leader, and my party currently consists of Quilava, Sudowoodo, Lapras, Heracross, and Kadabra. I'm still deciding who will occupy the final slot, and I could use some help for that too. But, what I really want to know is if I should keep Kadabra.

Kadabra is strong, even if it isn't fully evolved, since 105 speed and 120 special attack points are strong enough to propel it through the game. But, I was wondering if Kadabra could be replaced by a Hypno.

I'm aware that the drop in power is going to be immense, but Hypno has better defenses, and access to Hypnosis.

So, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to replace Kadabra with Hypno. It may be a sort of body blow to my team, but will it play a big role in deciding whether I win a battle or lose a battle? Would you do it?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 PM
pman Offline

Default Re: Hypno or Kadabra in GSC?

Keep the kadabra and teach it the elemental punches. An alakazam with ice punch, fire punch, thunder punch and psychic should be enough to get you through the elite four almost by itself if its at a similar level to them, it always has been for me.

because the punches were still special attacks, you got great variety and an excess of power from the abra line. Its a tad vulnerable but its fast enough that you shouldn't need to worry about getting hit
Metagross @282
Mastered @447
Old 06-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

I'm aware that Kadabra knows all three punches. My Kadabra has learned all of them already. However, Hypno also learns all three punches.

Also, I cannot obtain Alakazam.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
I'm aware that Kadabra knows all three punches. My Kadabra has learned all of them already. However, Hypno also learns all three punches.

Also, I cannot obtain Alakazam.
But Hypno sucks, Kadabra even not as an Alakazam has better special attack, and better speed.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Moe2 Offline

For in game play only you just need sweepers, there is no point in having tanks since you will usually want to just outspeed and go for the OHKO or 2HKO.
Kadabra pwns :D
Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 PM
PokemonJohto Offline

Kadabra fosho
Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
eeveeluv Offline
Experienced Trainer

Keep the kadabra!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Mudkippy Offline

If you won't evolve your Kadabra into Alakazam, keep Hypno

That's what I'd do

Last edited by Mudkippy; 10-11-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Giratina Offline

Personally I like Hypno more, but for battling purposes keep the Kadabra~

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
poole712 Offline
New Trainer

i agree i expect more from kadabra cos putting him through all that exp is just a wast hypno faster easier
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Skylands Offline

Kadabra is better competitively, but either are fine in-game.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Mudkippy Offline

Oh my, everybody is picking up Kadabra
Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 PM
animals74 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
Hello. I've started playing Pokemon Gold recently, and I've been doing fairly well. I've beaten the fourth gym leader, and my party currently consists of Quilava, Sudowoodo, Lapras, Heracross, and Kadabra. I'm still deciding who will occupy the final slot, and I could use some help for that too. But, what I really want to know is if I should keep Kadabra.

Kadabra is strong, even if it isn't fully evolved, since 105 speed and 120 special attack points are strong enough to propel it through the game. But, I was wondering if Kadabra could be replaced by a Hypno.

I'm aware that the drop in power is going to be immense, but Hypno has better defenses, and access to Hypnosis.

So, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to replace Kadabra with Hypno. It may be a sort of body blow to my team, but will it play a big role in deciding whether I win a battle or lose a battle? Would you do it?
HP ATT DEF SPATT SPDEF SPEED Total
Kadabra's stats:40 35 30 120 70 105 400
Hypno's stats : 85 73 70 73 115 67 483

Hypno does better in: HP,Att,Def,sp.def
Kadabra does better in: Sp.att,speed

Both pokemon learn in level-up:
Confusion,Disable,Future Sight,Psychic

Hypno learns that Kadabra doesn't:
Pound,Hypnosis,Headbutt,Poison Gas, Meditate,Psych Up

Kadabra learns that Hypno doesn't:
Kinesis,Teleport,Psybeam,Reflect,Recover

They are very similar.. some of the moves that kadabra can't learn
through level ups is obtainable through TMs.
Kadabra's spc.att and speed is much higher than hypno's, which gives more
advantage when using better moves like Hyper Beam, Psychic,Zap Cannon, etc..
Hypno has over twice as much HP and a higher special defence and def which can
be used as as support pokemon ; but because the good status TMS aren't availible for Hypno
like safeguard,reflect and thunderwave. Hypno's Att,Def, and speed are average though..

I choose Kadabra.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 PM
luldendiptupe Offline
New Trainer

Default Shanghai full movie divx

Watch Ramona and Beezus Movie Hd where to download the Cemetery Junction movie origin film Wild Things: Foursome Insidious Movie Desktop I Am Number Four movie release date Who Is Clark Rockefeller? Film Download Sites Want To Watch Farsan Full Just Go with It Film High Quality Watch Free The Kid online roger spottiswoode How to Make Love to a Woman order Knight and Day film True Justice aka Southern Justice Movie Credits Watch The Whole Red Dirt Rising Movie Watch 100 Years Under the Sea: Shipwrecks of the Caribbean Movie 2010 Full Film Of Mission: Impossible III Online the full film of La herencia Valdemar Download Wicked Love: The Maria Korp Story Movie In Hd Quality Watch Amish Grace Film Watch The Entire Film Of Love and Other Drugs watch whole film of Lion King, The Milenge Milenge Movie Now The Confidant Movie Downloads Hi-def Mama, I Want to Sing! Movie where watch When Love Is Not Enough: The Lois Wilson Story film Download Meet Joe Black Film Score Gantz Psp Buy How Do You Know Movie Download Hanna Movie In Divx Formats Download Fast Five Divx Blood Done Sign My Name the Step Up 3D movie hd part Tere Bin Laden Film Image Salt movie ipod Arthur Film For Cheap The Shock Doctrine Movie Reviews whole Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure movie online She's Out of My League And Film Twelve Movie To Buy Confessions of a Shopaholic movie download full movie download The Extra Man the musical Sharktopus Divx
Old 06-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Keep Kadabra and once it reaches level 30 it learns recover, then evolve it... Teach it Double Team, Use Double team to heighten it's defenses while using recover during the process so that Kadabra won't faint.
Closed Thread