Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default Pink Stall

Pink Stall
GEN IV

Introduction
So, I have been tutoring with The Unreal Shadow Tracker for some time now. This is the first competitive team I have created with his help. It is basically a full stall team, except for one sweeper. I have been slowly introducing myself into the competitive world by playing PO with this team. I'm still having trouble what to expect from each Pokemon, but that will probably just come over time. As for now, I would like to know thoughts or comments you have on my team. Thanks~

In more Detail

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish (+ Def | - SpAtk)
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpDef
Stealth Rocks
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Roar
"I begin with my lead. As I've found so far, Swampert is a pretty good lead. Most people lead with Stealth Rocks, so it is not often I see a threat to Swampert. He seems to fit nicely. This set is pretty standard. Stealth Rocks to set up. Earthquake for STAB. Ice Punch for coverage. Roar, because it works, it allows me sometimes to suffle through the opponents team (depending on what comes out) and sometimes offers me someone who Swampert can take care of."

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold (+ Def | - Atk) / Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Wish
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Toxic
"What stall team doesn't have a Blissey. From what I've seen most teams have a Blissey anyway. This is pretty much your standard Blissey. Wish for team support. Softboiled for itself. Seismic Toss and Toxic to wear down opponents. Blissey has done its job for me."

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish (+ Def | - SpAtk) / Keen Eye
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
"So... Skarmory. This is a Spiker. Entry hazards help me a lot, if I can get them up. Skarmory hasn't done much for me during the whole testing period. It doesn't seem to fit, from my point of view. I would like to replace it, but I wouldn't know what to replace it with. Of course this could all be not knowing how to use it, but I still think it should be replaced."

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Calm (+ SpDef | - Atk) / Liquid Ooze
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Sludge Bomb
"Hehehe... I love this guy. He's so cool, and seems to helpful just when I need him. He works as he is. Though, I would like to add some more speed. I might also try to replace Sludge Bomb, but that I'll be testing later."

Celebi@Leftovers
Bold (+ Def | - Atk)
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Hidden Power (Fire)
Recover
Thunder Wave
Grass Knot
"Yet, another pokemon that works well for me. Celebi seems to fit well into my team. Other than that there is not much else to say. The set pretty much speaks for itself. I would like it to be faster, but I wouldn't know which stat to take that from, and if speeding it up would even make a difference?"

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive (+ Spd | - SpDef)
64 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 192 Spd
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Hidden Power (Ice)
Grass Knot
"This is my weapon, just in case I need him. Often times I find I do. This position was originally held by Nidoking, but I switched because I found that he couldn't take down several pokemon that bugged my team. Infernape fits in better, but I'm not quite sure if I like him totally. I plan on trying a few other mixed sweepers, and if they don't work, I will come back to Infernape. If you have a sweeper that you think will fit well please comment, otherwise I'll try figuring it out myself."

Conclusion
So, that is my stall team. I'm slowly learning how to use them, and how certain pokemon work in the competitive world. I really do not have a plan when playing, just go with the flow with what come out as an opponent. The only recurring problem I run into is Rotom, I don't know what to use against him. Other than that I believe this is the end. Sorry if I seem like a totally newbie, so don't kill me for that. xD But all comments and criticisms are appreciated.

Thank You!

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel
Default Re: Pink Stall

I ran a team in Gen 4 that almost mirrored your's.

Mine had one Poke that packed Just as much bulk (if not more) as the rest of your team, and will help you rack up even more residual damage...Hippowdon.

It can set up SR, just like Swampert. It can phaze, just like Swampert. It can hit with STAB Earthquake, just like Swampert.

But it can do even more. It can both set up Sandstorm, and stall.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Sassy (+SpDef/-Speed) or Careful (+SpDef/-SpAtk)
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic/Roar/Ice Fang
-Slack Off
-Earthquake

SR to set up hazards + sand via Sand Stream. Slot two depends on what you want to do more. Toxic is prefered to help stall. In combination with Slack Off, you can beat Quite a few Pokes that might usually give Hippowdon trouble. You can beat Specs/Scraf Latios, since Surf and Draco Meteor are 3HKO's. Stall with Toxic makes short work of Vaporeon, as well. Roar could be used to rack up more residual damage faster. Ice Fang gets a mention to hit bulky dragons, such as Dragonite harder, and gives you the ability to hit both Gengar and Bronzong for some damage, since they otherwise wall this set.

Earthquake is for STAB, and so you aren't completely Taunt fodder. Slack Off to keep those Specs Draco Meteors from Latias manageable after Latias' SpAtk drop.

I know this kind of kills your pink theme, but I think the Hippo will get you a little further than Swampert.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.

Last edited by Joel; 09-18-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 AM
pkmnrulz Offline

Solid team you got there. Heres one thing I noticed, you don't have a ghost type. One thing I know about stall teams is you can get all the hazards you want up but 1 rapid spin and You pretty much have to start the whole hazard set up again. I recommend any rotom appliance with this set

rotom-(insert appliance)
252 hp, 168 def, 88 speed.

-discharge
-hydro pump/overheat/leaf storm/blizzard/air slash
-will o wisp
-pain split/shadow ball

Pretty much a defensive spin blocker. WoW inflicts burn which cripples ttar and the many physical attackers. Discharge and shadow ball are stab or pain split for recovery, and the 2nd moveslot depends on your rotoms forme.

NOTE: If this is wifi, then nevermind this. You must have a AR to use rotom appliances online.

Othet than that on your swampert run ice beam>ice punch and relaxed nature.

Ice punch IS weaker than ice beam. Also ice beam hits SE on physically defensive pokemon like hippowdon who can tank ice punch, dragonite where ice beam has better damage out put, etc.

Other than that Nice team and gl.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

As mentioned above, the lack of a spin blocker is the big thing here, it's extremely important to have one on a stall team which seeks to inflict as much latent damage as possible. Consider trying a sub-split Gengar over Celebi, whom I can't really see what it's meant to be doing. On the subject of Celebi, I can't think of a situation where additional speed would benefit it while it plays a defensive role.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Dark_Azelf Offline

Yeah you need a ghost so you dont lose to spin that and you cant take status for squat. This also beats Gyarados.

Rotom-A@Leftovers
252 hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp.Def
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge / Thunderbolt
- Will-o-Wisp

Put it over infernape who doesn't really do much tbh. Alternately you can use Sub and Pain Split over Rest Talk if you use Gyarados (which ill come to in a second), which might be better actually as it stops Pursuit if their Pursuiter gets poisoned by T-Spikes instead of Wisp leaving you free to switch.

Id also switch Skarmory for Forretress.

Forretress@leftovers
252 HP / 252 Sp.Def / 6 Def
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

Beats sub charge Rotoms for you and condenses Skarm and Tenta into one slot so you have a free slot to cover your absolutely massive SD Lucario issue.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
248 hp / 252 Def / 8 Speed
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Id also put Flamethrower on Blissey over S-Toss as you already have Heatran covered and you need something to hit Gengar. That and it also keeps foe Forretress and Skarm on foe stall Spiking on you which is awesome when in the Spikes war and keeps pressure on them.

Oh and use Perish Song over Thunderwave on Celebi, this stops Suicune and Snorlax from completely sweeping you and stops them as last Pokemon as you cannon Phaze them. It also shuts down Baton Pass ingrain chains and random garbage like Cradily and Clefable lol

P.S. Keep Swampert, Gliscor with Taunt and Roost is an ass in gen 4 so yeah. Hippowdon loses to it. ~~

So to sum up the changes;

Swampert
Sp.Def Payback Forretress
Flamethrower Blissey
Rest Talk Gyara
Perish Song Celebi
Rotom-A

Hope this helps and good luck. :)
OU Shoddy → #2 on ladder. (Smogon)
UU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
NU Shoddy → #1 on ladder. (CAP)
Gen 4 WIFI Record → W ~92| L 8
Records Gen 5;
OU B/W → #1 on ladder. (Smogon)
LU B/W #1 Ladder (PO)
GSC OU → #3 on ladder. (PO)

Last edited by Dark_Azelf; 09-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Closed Thread