Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

View Poll Results: All in favor of an Ambersand remake?
Aye! 1 100.00%
Nay! 0 0%
Couldn't hurt, I guess... 0 0%
Write more Amberdust! 0 0%
Write more 3k&SED! 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Post Ambersaga(Now 100% more dead.)

Ambersaga
(I need a banner! If you can do one for me, please do, your choice of style and such.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rated PG-13 for voilence/gore. But not much.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
*Sigh* If you're reading this and want me to resume this, just say the word. I only quit because I get virtually zip for comments or anything to show that people actually read this, so if you want to read more, tell me.

Spoiler:

Please read Ambersand Rewind instead of the old one, because Sara says to.

Only place this will be posted is PE2K, and 5 or so chapters on deviantART. Both usernames are max0596. If you see this elsewhere, tell me!
Will now be posted at fanfiction.net, also under max0596.
*Sigh* Ambersand Rewind, will be on ff.net, not the original. When I get around to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Index

Ambersand Status:Done!
Spoiler:
I-Below, haha.
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII

Spoiler:

I
II-Coming Soon!

-------------------------------

Chapter I-Up to speed

When people think of a team, they think of the dreaded Team Rocket. But they weren't the only "Team". There was another team, called Team Amber. Wether everyone knew it or not, Team Rocket and Team Amber were constantly warring. Many of these occured daily, taking tolls on both teams. Team Amber usually lost, or got more deaths of thier armies due to Rocket using guns and rockets, and Amber just using pokemon. Team Amber was composed mainly of trainers who wanted to stop Team Rocket and free the pokemon they had captured. They didn't have a normal aboveground base, however. Thier large base was stationed under the sand. To add to the name of the team, the pokemon they used were all a shade of amber. Except for one division of Team Amber: The sealth division. Well, there were others that were different coloured, but they were special. Hand-picked by the president himself.

The flareon sat in what the humans called the "war room", a large open spherical room, large screens littering the walls. A few broadcast ongoing missions, while some just remained pure black. She was one of the select few pokemon to graduate from the "normal" group of Team Amber pokemon, although she did not know where she would be assigned next. Before she could ponder anymore, the president strolled in.

The president was a small, stubby man, with no hair on his head. He always wore the same clothes, which the humans called a suit. He strolled leisurely, then sat on a black chair overlooking the round steel platform where the flareon sat. He then began to talk. "Sara, the strength and dedication you have to Team Amber and to your work are nothing short of astounding. Reviewing your case, we believe that the best place for you to be assigned is the stealth division." Sara was shocked. They hardly ever let fire pokemon in the stealth division, heck, they only let darker coloured pokemon in, usually. She heard of others being in the Stealth division and being even white cloloured, but the majority was black. She pondered her situation. She would get a new quarters. New teammates.

As Sara strode into the stealth division lobby, a huge round room with numerous staricases and doors. The doors were motion activated, so pokemon could get through. She got many confused looks, her long flowing tail and mane were not suited to stealth. Many pokemon asked her what she was doing in the lobby, and all she said to them was: "Buisness." She strode to her new room, room 596. The steel door loomed over her, forboding her to go in. The room was small, two little beds on either side of the room, with little space to walk. That already-small space was made worse by every nut you could think of; they sat everywhere. Only one kind of pokemon were capable of gathering that many nuts: a pachirisu. And that's just what popped out from behind one of the beds. There was one odd thing about it: the usual blue stripe running down the middle of pachirisu's white body was pink. The stripe also stopped shorter than she thought it should: becaue it was a female.

"Huh? what are you doing here?" the small pokemon inquired, her squeaky voice a sign of youth.

"Oh yeah, you're the new girl. Im Allie." the little elesquirrel pokemon finished.

"I'm Sara." she said coldly, wiping the smile instantly from the small pokemon's large face.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat supper." she added, while leaving the room. It was still bright out, the sun coming in through the oval window of the large, circular lobby. The sun was artifical, as they were underground. But it went on or off according to the actual time of day.

The dining hall was filled with about a hundred pokemon, with the pokemon who could easily pick objects up with thier paws as the servers. It was like a huge box in shape, the tables spread out widely on the dark wooden floors that matched the walls. Sara sat at the end of a table, on a stool so she could reach the table. She ordered what she usually did, and started eating it. It wasn't much different from the food they got in the Exploration division, the humans called it teriyaki. It was sweet, the taste filling her mouth. Her fangs bit into the meat. Those fangs were quite long for her kind, the tips showing when she smiled. She rarely ever smiled though.

Out of the corner of her right eye, she saw a large pokemon stand up, it's black fur turning to red and poofing out at the top of its head.

"we have a new member of the stealth division! Please welcome Sara!" the zoroark bellowed out across the large room. Sara didn't even move, not caring about the announcement. she hoped she didn't have to give a speech, she was enjoying the sweet-tasting meat. The pink pachirisu sat beside her, interrupting her meal.

"Sorry I didn't notice you before. You're the famous Sara! You even have your own move that you made....what was it called again?" the pachirisu named Allie questioned.

"It's called Flare. And it's not a move, just a combination of two different ones. And would you leave me alone? I'm trying to eat." The pachirisu backed off, although she constantly looked over at her, and started eating her own plate of food. Suddenly, the mission bell rang out, and everyone started flooding to the lobby. There was almost a stampede, and this was not even a third of Amber's power.

'This better be good', the flareon thought while she reluctantly walked out of the dining hall.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All updated! Now with more 100% more detail!At least, I think so.
Also, Dialogue-paragraphing has been done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Max0596; 01-29-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand II

Chapter II-Assignment

The mission had been just another rescue, what a waste of time, thought Sara, hearing the news announced over the speaker.Team rocket had taken some pokemon away from thier homes, and were transporting them via truck. A group of Stealth members would be sent to intercept them, and save the captured pokemon. Other caravans of stolen pokemon were present, and other teams would be sent out for those. It was like any other mission they were supposedly ever sent on, as she learned from the grunts and gumbles of the other stealth members.

The only poblem was the location. We were to intercept them in thier very own desert, in just a while. t was still daytime. The pokemon who were going to be dispatched were Allie, a shiny absol male named Azas, a male growlite called Kayne, and Sara herself. The four gathered up any little things they wanted to take along, and walked out into the scorching heat.

Sara had never liked the heat. Although it was odd for a fire-type, she loved the cold. While the growlite in her group was basking in the sun, she was baking under it.

Wether or not they knew it, the Team Rocket grunts were not that far from the Team Amber base. They were about a single mile apart. It was cleverly disguised, looking just like any oter large sand dune.

One of the grunts got out of a now stopped truck, and went to check on the cargo-38 pokemon, give or take a few. The grunt decided to scare a few of them by hitting thier cages, and instead got his hand scorched by a perticulaly angry flareon. The grunt released his electrabuzz, letting it mercillesly shock the flareon, the electrical current even transfering to other cages and shocking the pokemon in them. The grunt then laughed, put his electrabuzz back in it's pokeball, and went back inside the truck to drive across the desert. Flames sprouted from a sand dune just ahead of him, cauing him to swerve to avoid the bright flames. This also caused him to crash into another dune nearby. He wasn't the only truck in the Rocket caravan though, there were two more trucks following him. Yet he did not see them coming up behind them, and so he stepped out of the truck, being tackled by a pokemon while he scratched his head in confusion.

They had started with the back caravan. Allie the pachirisu attacked the truck with a thunderbolt, the truck's electronics shorting out, causing the large metal truck to slowly coast to a stop. Allie had then attacked the humans, two of them, with swift, hitting them with the star-shaped projectiles. Allie's job done, she started letting the pokemon out. She gathered them in a group at the back of the truck. The pokemon were asked where they lived and were transported to thier trainers. The Amber operatives would tell them that the police had rescued thier beloved pokemon, keeping Amber a secret.

Kayne and Azas took the second one. Azas jumped on the truck, knocking both the grunts unconcious with his copper horn. Kayne freed the pokemon, and they too were returned to either the wild or thier trainers.

"peice of cake!" Kayne cried, smiling widely.

"you didnt do anything..." grumbled the larger Azas.

And that only left Sara, who had tackled the lone human when he got out of the wrecked vehicle. She had then used a fire fang, the piercing fangs impaling in his flesh. After she was done with the human, she went to help the captured pokemon. Instead of seeing a bunch of pokemon in the cages, she saw cardboard cutouts of pokemon. Realizing it was a trap, the flareon attempted to run away. A sharp pain pierced her side, sending her flying into a sand dune, creating a small circular crater where she hit. She got up slowly, her hatred for the human who had kicked her growing. 'The human thinks he won already', she thought to herself, slowly charging up a shadow ball. As she was about to release it, she shot an ember into the dark sphere, turning the flames black, they hurled into her enemy, his limp body falling to the ground. 'Flare.' she thought to herself, displeased that the human even hit her.

The other three pokemon caught up to her, watching the dark flames slam cut into the man, then into the sand dune behind him.

"So that's Flare..." the absol said.

"Yeah, isnt it so COOL?!" Allie burst out, screaming with glee.

"I don't think it's so special!" the growlite yelled at Sara. Hearing him say this, Sara trotted over and called to him.

"You're just jealous." The four then went back to HQ, knowing they had done a job well.

The debriefing process was long, especially for Sara, who was yelled at because she killed the human she hit with Flare.

"We wanted to get him behind bars! You need to be less reckless with you power, Sara." Sara grumbled angrily at this, but listened to the human who was obviously angry with her. He was a tall man, much taller then the president, and a vain on his neck seemed to pop out every time he yelled. She smiled at how funny he looked.

"Are you even listening to me?!" the man screamed at her. She nodded quickly at the question, smiling as she did so. The man grumbled something about how his job sucked, and how he hated dealing with Sara. He then dismissed Sara, with something along the lines of a "get out" look.

When she got back to her quarters, she noticed the nuts were cleaned off her bed, and the pachirisu was waiting for her, as he said

"Yay, you're finally here!" followed by a lot of mindless babble about how she was her biggest fan, and how amazing Flare was, and how cool she was...until finally the pachirisu fell asleep, and Sara could get some rest. The pachirisu woke up late at night, posing the question

"are you awake?" Which ironically, woke her up.

"Well, now I am! Shut up already!" she yelled angrily at the pachirisu, and the two didnt speak another word that night.
Also updated! Wow, I had a lot of spelling and grammar errors in this one. Now they're all fixed!At least, I think so...
Dia-Para done

Last edited by Max0596; 09-06-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand III

__________________________________________________ ________________________
Whoa, whoa whoa. Wait right there buddy. This chapter contains violence, so if that bothers
you, don't read it. if you want to read on, then enjoy.

Ciao!
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Chapter III-Decimate

Sara had woken up early, and trotted into the lobby. Everyone else seemed asleep, so she decided to take a stroll outside. As she was halfway out the glinting metal doors, a wake-up call sounded. She looked out the doors, but what she saw questioned her sanity. It looked as though the whole desert had frozen overnight, the ground was covered with snow! She slowly walked outside, feeling the cold not affect her at all-she WAS a fire type after all. A mountain jutted out of the ground only a few meters away. she walked slowly towards the mountain, the snow depressing and melting under her feet. She had almost reached the mountain when she saw a figure land just on the tip of the mountain. She dashed towards the mountain, her feet flying off of the sno-

"Wake up, sleepyhead!"

Allie was standing over her roommate's sleeping body, wondering how long it would take to get her up when she suddenly flicked her head up, her hair flying everywhere. She then looked slowly to Allie. She yawned loudly, showing off her unnaturally large fangs.

"What do you want..." she tiredly asked the small pokemon standing beside her bed.

"Well, you should get up, the wake-up call did sound...I'll meet you in the dining hall." The small white pokemon then left, her tail swaying back and forth. Sara slowly got up after that, still confused by her dream. She knew that mountain from somewhere...'oh well, I'd better just go eat breakfast.'

As she passed through the lobby, she looked back at the door. It was just a desert, she thought. The somehow always-happy Allie sat at a large chair, because she was so small. Sara decided to eat also, and was soon served by a very tired gardevoir, which she was surprised to learn was male.

"May...*yawn* may I take your order?" the gardevoir asked, obviously still half-asleep. Sara ordered two sides of bacon, which she had loved for a long time. After she and the other pokemon were done, another call to arms bell rang. 'Odd, usually there are never two in a row.’ she thought to herself, while following the other pokemon to the lobby.

'This was an all-out war?’ Sara fearfully thought as the speaker announced that literally an army of Rockets were marching to their doorstep. As soon as the announcement stopped, everyone sped outside and formed a large wall of Amber members, even the other divisions. There was easily a thousand pokemon. They all stood still, watching the sea of black come closer and closer. How could they ever get this close?

"I don't wanna die!" a panicked Kayne cried out from across the group. 'What a baby, everyone knows that we can win' before she could even register that they had long-range weapons, a group of pokemon cried out in terror as thr ground about 10 yards away from them exploded, raining down sand. As everyone charged, Sara hesitated. 'can we win?' she pondered as a bullert hit a pokemon beside her, causing the pichu to crumple to the ground. She cried out in terror as the pain hit her, and Sara could not bear the sight, so she charged.

A large shadow ball already charged, she took aim at a large group of humans. Bullets rained bown on all sides of her, but she was too quick for any of them to hit. Her shadow ball now ready, she flung herself in the air, aiming her Flare downwards, the black flames hit the middle of the group, scattering humans everywhere. But she doubted any died. There was still more, and she was running out of stamina. She looked back to see no pokemon standing; she was the last. Frightened, Sara ran away towards the forest just at the edge of the desert. Her leg shrieked in pain as it was shot, bleeding red. As she looked back, she saw that her leg was leaving behind a trail of blood, staining the sand red. She was happy that she brought her first-aid pack though, once she found a good place to hide and rest she could probably patch it up. The bullet had gone through, so no other attention was needed.

Now in the forest, she spotted a small cave, and sped inside it, hoping that the trail of red did not lead them right to her. a group of humans tromped past, crunching leaves under thier feet. Sara sighed, relieved that they didn't find her. While she awkwardly tugged the bandage tight with her teeth, she wondered where she was going to go now. She had no friends outside of Amber, and only knew how to survive because of her time in the Exploration division. She decided to rest for the rest of the day, and with the use of a small ember, she could see that the cave was small with no other pokemon in it. Today her world crashed.

Today her life changed.

As she was fishing awkwardly in the morning sunlight, a pokemon approached her from behind. she attacked the small pokemon, sending it spiraling into a tree. It quickly got up, and Sara got a better look at it- It was Allie!

"Well, I'm happy you're alive!" she cheered out from the ground, her back aching.

"Oh, it's just you." Sara replied, not caring if the pachirisu got hurt.

"So how did you survive?" The pachirisu replied in a story- a long story that Sara just ignored while she tried to fish. What she got out of it was that she escaped when that first blast hit near the pokemon. She then eyed Sara's bandaged leg-concerned about her wellbeing. Sara replied with a glance followed by two words:

"I'm fine." The pachirisu was obviously still worried though, as Sara walked back to the cave with a couple good-sized fish, she hobbled slightly. After about an hour of convincing, the flareon handed over a portion of the fish to Allie. Both of them bolted into the cava as they heard footsteps-but only a single pair. Both of them darted out, facing their predator ready to attack, that is until he screamed like a child who was scared of the monsters under his bed. It was their waiter from the last day the duo was in Amber.

"Sheesh, you scared me!" the pachirisu cried out as she saw who it was.

"How do you think I felt? Two pokemon jumping out of nowhere?"

"We know exactly how you felt, your scream told us that." Sara said, then burst out laughing at the male gardevoir in front of her. While sitting at a fire Sara started with a strong ember, gardevoir, who's name was Teal, was one of the only staff members that escaped. As such, he was a horrible fighter, but his teleportation skills helped him get away. They then idly chatted for a while, before Allie addressed the snorlax in the room:

"What now? We have no home." Everyone was silent for what seemed like hours, but was probably minutes. Sara finally broke the silence.

"I say we carry out our duties. Team Rocket will fall."

"Sir, the Team Amber base has fallen! All the Amber pokemon were killed in the attack."

"Good. Now those brats won't be interrupting our plan."

The pokemon were ready at the crack of dawn, ready to seek vengeance. Sara was the only one in the group with an injury, but she told the others not to worry about it. Every time her back left paw hit the earth though, her whole body felt the pain of the wound. They were headed north, to the Rocket's main base. Many recon missions had been carried out, but no attacks had been targeted at the base. From what she had gathered from the occasional chatter was that it was situated in a mountain. So they headed north, to the land of ice and snow. They ventured for a full day. Before they went to sleep, Sara looked out at the stars from a cliff overlooking a densely forested valley.

And a tale began.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, a bit about this. Tecnically, this was the start of the actual storyline, the chapters before being a sort of prologue.

EDIT: All fixed!
All Dia-Para done, and some errors fixed.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Max0596; 10-07-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand IV

__________________________________________________ ____________
HEY! Look at me! Now that i have your attention, this chapter contains VIOLENCE. Seriously, painful stuff for the team. So if blood or the discription of it makes you lightheaded, don't read. That being said, read on!

Ciao!
__________________________________________________ _______________

Chapter IV-Unrest
As Sara's paws stepped on the first sharp rock, she winced silently. Her leg was starting to heal, but she didn't dare to take off the bandage to see the bloody wound the bullet had caused. Everyone else was fine, and she was happy about that too. She and the rest of the group were all she had, so she tried to be friendly and not scare them off-because she could barely fight in her condition. Allie stuck to the trees, scurrying across the branches. She was their lookout. The few times they thought humans were tracking them, the footsteps just turned out to be just random pokemon scurrying across the muddy earth. Sara hated the mud, the way it stuck in between her paw pads, the way it squished disgustingly with every step. Every time the small group made it to a body of water, Sara would have to resist the urge to jump in so that the mud would be washed away, but had to remember that others needed to drink from it. Sometimes Allie would come down and talk with the two others, but only when she had caught prey to give to them.

"How long is it going to take?" Teal suddenly blurted out. It was seldom the three talked, and when they did it was about Team Amber and the hundreds of pokemon in the facility who died only a short while back. It wasn't like the three weren't close, though. Even Sara who had seemed quiet and distant had started idly chatting with Allie and Teal.

"I don't know, Teal. The recon missions aimed at this place, they took about two and a half months to carry ou-"A shrieking cry came from up ahead, pausing the two instantly.

"Teal, go ahead and see what happened!" The gardevoir quickly nodded, and vanished in a blast of light. Sara catapulted herself in the direction of the cry too, and heard another one soon after. This one came from Teal, who must've also been attacked by whatever hurt the pachirisu This sped up Sara's gallop even more, her head lowering to the ground and ears back, she strove to catch up as promptly as possible.

As she skidded into the small clearing next to a gleaming lake, she saw her friends lying on the ground. Just as she was going to check on them, a long metal blade swung by her ear, almost severing it. She jumped back, staring down her opponent. A lone scyther stood calmly, almost emotionless. The scyther then made it's next move, a swift slice, which cut through the air harmlessly as the much faster flareon dodged sideways, tripping on a fallen branch. Her head struck the ground, crying out in pain. As she stumbled back to a standing position, the lofty scyther swung down another sharp blade, and this one hit dead on. The blade raked down her side diagonally, creating a wide but shallow gash which dripped with blood. Sara winced in pain, her side burning in discomfort. The scyther walked away, thinking that it had inflicted a deadly wound. Sara tried to get up, but stumbled back to the ground. 'Get up! You can't die here!' a voice screamed somewhere within her mind, several others crying out at the same time. The one voice she listened to said something like 'Kill the insolent fool who made you bleed! SPILL HIS BLOOD!' hearing the evil thoughts, she struggled to her feet, and thought only one thing: kill. Her mouth opened, forming a shadow ball. She let it grew to a huge proportion, the black ball ripping up the earth it was near. She then launched a crimson ember at the ball, The flames turning black and white, doubling in size and growing in power. The dark flames scorching the forest around her, she finally launched the strongest attack the scyther ever saw. He looked back just in time for the malicious-looking flames to envelop him, erasing him from the world. Sara's vision started to fade, her balance fading also. She fell sideways, collapsing from the energy the Flare took out of her.

Sara woke up in the snow, near the suspicious mountain again. She stumbled closer to it, seeing the stark outlines of her friends.

"Hey! You're okay!" she called to the two figures, only to see them come into focus. These weren't her friends. One was the scyther she just killed; the other was a team rocket grunt. Another figure loomed over the two, floating in mid-air. This one flew closer to her, and she realized it as Latios, the legendary pokemon.

"That makes two." The blue and white pokemon called out, addressing Sara.

"Two what?" she questioned the Latios, but she already knew the answer.

"Two victims of Classico Flames." The last part of the answer stunned her though; what was 'Classico Flames'? Was he talking about Flare?

"You see, that move is only useable by a select few. Not just any pokemon can use it. But it is dangerous." The Latios explained.

"So? Am I like some sort of hero?" This question was also answered quickly.

"No. You are, however, a legendary in your own right."

"A legendary? I'm just a flareon!"

"Yes, but I believe Darkfires to be as special as me. As such, I want to give you a gift." Sara slowly started glowing white, her wounds closing. Her fur also slowly settled into a new hue: she could only describe the colour as amber.

"Now, I want something in return." Latios smirked.

"What, a catch? That's low for a pokemon of your caliber." Sara barked back, frustrated by the calmness of Latios.

"I don't think you understand the situation. You should be honoured to be going on a quest for a pokemon of my 'caliber'." Latios retorted, and Sara knew he was right. Normal pokemon wished for this kind of quest, but she didn't. She was on her own quest, to destroy Team Rocket.

"Go across the lake, and keep going in that direction." Latios instructed.

The ground started to transform into grass, except for one direction-the ground was on fire. Before she could react, she was back in the forest, a path of destruction out before her. She heard faintly the grumble of her friends, and looked back to notice the two were fine. All their wounds-were just gone. The two slowly got up, then jumped back at the sight of a amber flareon, believing it to be an enemy.

"Hey, guys, calm down. I'll explain later, just follow me! Hurry!" Sara yelled, speeding away from the spreading black fire. The two ran off after her, around the lake, then disappearing into the thick foliage after her. She darted and weaved around the trees, searching for a safe haven from the flames that were now licking at the forest only feet away from the three frightened pokemon. Sara caught a cave in the corner of her eyes, darting into the darkness. Teal and Allie also plunged into the darkness, away from the flames…

And into a bigger mess.

Last edited by Max0596; 09-06-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand V

don't like crying, then don't
read. It's sad.

Chapter V- Idiocy

The feeling of blindness overcame Sara, being plunged into the cave-which she quickly realized was more of a pit. Teal screamed out at the fall, followed by a loud screech as he hit the ground. Sara was still freaked out slightly at the screams of the gardevoir, she wondered if his gender really was male.

Allie screamed "Oh my ARCEUS!!!" While she fell, but she jumped into the cave awkwardly, so she landed on her back. She tried to scream as her back struck the barren rocky floor, but air escaped her. Sara, landing on all fours laughed at the two awkward landings Teal and Allie made, then announcing that "Flareon always land on their feet", the other two pokemon groaning at her comment. Sara shot out a small ember, illuminating the cave for a few seconds, enough time for her to see a small branch resting against a……nest? As reality hit her, she ordered the two pokemon to run the opposite direction, the nest buzzing progressively louder. She lit a constant ember, lighting the way for the two stumbling silhouettes.

"Get in!" Sara yelled, waiting at the entrance to another tunnel. Just as the two barreled in, Sara rammed a large stalactite with a quick attack, the rock crumbling down, sealing the entrance to the area in which they were taking refuge. Allie was hyperventilating, making up for the lack of air in her lungs. Teal leaned awkwardly against the cave wall, wondering what made them have to run.

"It...*huff*...it was the biggest beedrill hive I have ever*huff*seen…they would have...murdered us." Sara choked out, laying on the ground. After a quick check of the surroundings, Sara declared the area safe, and proceeded to tell her still fear-stricken allies about her dream, about her fur, and about how the forest got caught on fire. Teal was clearly appalled by her behavior, saying

"Do you know how many pokemon in the forest could die? You need to control Flare; it may be too strong for your anger." Sara wanted to lash out, to tell him he was wrong, but she knew that when the ex-waiter gave advice-it was sound. Many a time did he tell her "Don't eat that!" or "That isn't safe, Sara…" and it turned out that usually, if not mostly, the pokemon knew what was safe or not.

Allie was still. She was still breathing, still seeing, but still. Her back had been badly injured in the fall, tiny scratches and large gashes running down her white and pink fur. She knew, however, that she needed to get up. But she was still-well, still. Sara had left to find a way out, leaving a small stick left burning for light, even though it was very dim, Allie could see the fragile arms of Teal resting at his lap, his legs crossed. Allie, the feeling in her feet slowly returning, struggled to her feet.

"Allie, I know you want to help Sara. But you just can't in your condition, please rest." Allie collapsed quickly after she heard this, falling into a sleep of her own. She didn't dream about a legendary pokemon, but about her past in Team Amber.

It was Allie's first day in Team Amber's stealth division. She had a room all to herself, and she maximized the space's size by placing her souvenirs on the floor, the empty bed, and everywhere else she could stuff the nuts. Her soon-to-be friend Azas, a shiny absol, introduced himself as her neighbor. They would go on along with Kayne, a cheeky growlithe, completing every mission they went on flawlessly. Allie had always admired Sara, who earned the respect of the president by going way above and beyond her duties. Once she took out an entire Rocket base by herself, when she was just supposed to spy on it. She always was amused by Flare, but after what just happened, she was more scared of it. Her dream jumped all over the place, skipping days, years, and then going back almost as far as it had gotten to the present.

"Allie, wake up! Sara found a way out." The gardevoir whispered at Allie, then noticing that he could have just carried the exhausted and injured pokemon and let her rest. Teal scooped the pachirisu up, carrying her to where Sara was waiting. The light blinded him, but what he saw left him more surprised. The whole forest was gone, replaced with a vast wasteland, some stumps still on fire with black and white embers.

"Sara….." Teal began, but Sara dashed away from his words, away from the destruction. Her own mind was a mess, filled with sadness and sobbing. But she was too strong to cry. She tried to resist the tears, her eyes burning. She let loose a whimper, curling up in the mud, sobbing. The tears rolled down her cheeks, and onto the ashes and debris below her slumping figure. 'How many died?! What have I done?! Why did he say only two victims?! There could be thousands! What is wrong with me?! I don't deserve to live!' thoughts raced through her head and one answered; though it wasn't her own. only twenty-eight pokemon died today, and all were horrible pokemon. This voice was Latios, and the voice only enraged her more.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! A life is a life!" she cried aloud, her head rose in the stale air, tears still rolling down her face.

"And what about those two? Were they not precious? Did they not deserve life?!" Latios' voice invaded her head once again, booming over her sorrowful sobs. She then noticed why the two were in that dream. She had killed them thinking that they did indeed deserve to die. 'What have I become?' you have become a Darkflame. You see why your power must not be used? All it does is kill mercilessly. 'Is this what this is for you?! A point?!' I don't make points. I teach. with that, Sara felt the Latios slip away from her mind. Her eyes burnt. Her mouth was dry.

It was then that she vowed never to use Flare again.

Last edited by Max0596; 09-06-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand VI

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________
Waaugh! Blood and gore! Violence! Male Gardevoirs?!
If any of the above offend you, don't read. But male gardevoirs are awesome. Especially Teal.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Ambersand chapter VI-R&R

When Teal caught up to Sara, she was a weeping mess. He gently reminded her that the sun was setting, and they should find a place for Allie to rest safely. Sara shakily got up, and trudged around the barren wasteland she created. They finally found a good cave, but were chased away by the native pokemon. They realized they might as well give up, and settled under a cliff, where the rain wold not hit them. Allie was still constantly in pain, so they could not go far away from their little home. Every night, Sara would set a small pile of wood they gathered that day on fire. On one of their daily searches, they found a quite large cave in one section of the forest that was untouched that they soon moved Allie into. Daily, they fed her berries and other food that they could find, although she usually wouldn't eat it. They would reminisce about the past, and how in about a week, everything had gone so wrong. It seemed unreal. Sara even thought she saw an absol running across the mountains, but when she looked back, the shadow was gone. She made it her mission to destroy every single Rocket patrol, but she needed Teal's help due to her vow. Teal seemed to be getting ever so stronger, but he still wasn't a good fighter. One day…

Sara's feet hit the mud, and she skidded back a few feet. She was quick to dodge the thunderbolt that threatened to shock her. She launched a shadow ball at her enemy, the attack hitting dead on. Sara started to trot away, knowing that she won.

"I'm not done yet." Teal grumbled, and Sara felt a strange pain run through her body. She saw no attack, but her side burnt like she was being stung by a bedrill. She spun around, dazed by the pain, readying one more attack against Teal before the training session was over. She made a spiraling flame, but the attack missed, Teal teleporting behind her. He then poked her on the head, happily cheering.

"I won! Yes! I'm better than the legendary Sara!" while he danced awkwardly.

"Good session. I let you win, everyone needs hope." To which Teal replied with his dance stopping and his huge grin fading quickly. They both walked back to the cave, talking about strategies and moves. A figure is laying on the ground in front of their cave, Allie looming over the body. The clump of red and white fur on the ground grumbled painfully about "West, over the mountains…" and someone named Kayne. Teal carried the red absol into the cave, using some Oran berries and water to clean the wounds, despite the pain, he was still mumbling about Kayne and west. Sara, catching on, told Teal and Allie that he was going west, to see if Kayne was still where the injured absol said he was. Quick goodbyes, then a rushed Sara darted west.

Sara's paws pounded the ground, using quick attack consistently to go as fast as possible. Wind rushed past her ears, which were lowered against her head. Her amber fur glimmering in the light, she ran up a side of the mountain, and stopped about halfway up. She saw smoke in the distance, and a square piece of cloth with a red symbol on it-she noticed it as the symbol of Team Rocket. Kayne was going to have to be rescued, but without Flare she was like any normal flareon. Three turtwigs stood at the base of the mountain, yelling

"Get down! Don't get spotted!" She obeyed, scaling down the mountain quickly.

"What are you doing here? That's a human camp!" they exclaimed, not knowing who she was. She glared at them, her piercing black eyes striking fear into the three.

"Don't patronize me. I know what I'm doing; a Team Amber member has been captured by those humans."

"Team Amber?! Wasn't that destroyed?" the smallest one chirped.

"Yeah. Me and my friends are the only ones left. Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"We're helping."

"You wouldn't be any help. Don't waste your lives." And with that, Sara walked through the offended three, and straight for the camp. 'Idiots. They would get hit once and be captured, or killed. If there's one thing I hate, it's pokemon who think of themselves too highly.'

Back at the camp, Teal feverishly worked on the already-infected wound of Azas, the shiny absol. He washed it with water, then looked on the other side of the leg. The bullet was still in, and he was amazed that the Absol managed to travel this far. He was unconscious, and that was always good for any kind of medical procedure, especially the one he was about to conduct. He used telekinesis on the bullet, which he could only see a glint of, and pulled it out slowly, as to not damage the leg further. It would have been very dramatic except Allie, who was obviously feeling better, decided to ask a gauntlet of questions, some of which were actual questions, and some he knew she just said because she wanted to take the stress out of the situation.

"Allie, I'll answer your questions later. Right now, I need to help this absol. So please stop asking questions for about an hour, and go sit on that rock." He waved at a rock, about a minute walk away.

"Fine, I get the message. I'll shut up." She grumbled angrily. Teal picked up Sara's old bandage, and started splitting it thread by thread. He then used these pieces to sew up the wound, closing it. A large piece of gauze later, and he was done. But as he looked at his remaining supplies, he realized that they needed more, especially if this 'Kayne' was injured too.

"Allie? We need more medical supplies. Go and follow Sara, get some cloth or something. Maybe leaves and berries too."

Sara was just waiting around for the sun to set; the humans would be at a disadvantage at that time. A white shape fell from above, landing just in front of Sara.

"Oh, It's just you."

"That's what you said last time you hit me!"

"Oh really? Well then…" she rammed the pachirisu playfully, not enough to do any damage.

"Hey!"

"Shh, be quiet. There is a Rocket camp not too far off."

"O-Okay, I'll be quieter" the pachirisu said, her voice just above a whisper. The sun was beginning to set, the sky turning red.

"A lot of stuff has happened lately, I…..I just wish that I was back in Amber's HQ, and not in the wild. It's so scary here…."

"Don't be such a baby. You're strong, it's not like we're weak."

"Sara…." Allie replied, not sure if she was supposed to be angry or happy about Sara's insult then compliment.

"It's dark. We should be going now."

"Y-yeah…" The two started creeping towards the camp slowly, knowing what they were to do. Allie would climb up the pole the cloth was on, and rip off the tattered piece of silk. Sara would come in from the opposite way, checking the buildings for pokemon and maybe Kayne.

Azas' vision was blurry at first, and didn't know where he was. He was on a flat rock, at the back of a dim cave. His front right leg felt bulky, and he looked down to see it was covered in bandages. He went to rip off the material, but a voice stopped him.

"I wouldn't do that. Your wound isn't healed yet. I'm Teal. Sara and Allie went out to find your friend."

"Oh. Then I should go after the-"

"No, you will stay put until your wounds heal."

"Who are you to boss me? A MALE gardevoir? What kind of man chooses that evolution?"

"A man who has power over you. Now, just stay still. You will be fine in a couple of weeks."

"How can you act so calm?! Kayne was taken by Team Rocket! They don't stand a chance!"

"It's Sara, they'll be fine."

"Sara?! She's alive?" This question was met with silence. The three waited and watched for the two to return, hopefully with Kayne in tow.

As Sara watched Allie scale the tall metal pole which she got to by jumping from a tree, Sara waited and watched. She took the cloth off, then hopped off the pole and back onto the ground. She was to be her distraction, and it caught the guard's attention. All the humans she saw chased after the pachirisu, but she was too quick for them One drew his weapon, but missed the shot. Once she was out of sight, Sara bolted into one of the open buildings, seeing it filled with pokemon made her relieved. She went to work destroying the cage of a scizor, so he could open all the others. Catching Kayne with her eyes, she told him to follow her once he got out, which happened right after she burnt the cage to a easily manipulative state. She pried two bars apart, the growlithe fine because fire attacks didn't hurt him much. The two ran off, hearing the sound of angry screams of the humans and gunshots. At least they got away, but they could do nothing about the pokemon because of the amount of humans in the camp. They scurried up the mountain, making their way across the wasteland, which was actually beginning to sprout grass. When they got back, Kayne ran up to his fallen friend, telling him

"Azas! It's me, Kayne!"

"Good to hear that…….friend."

"And I got the cloth!" Allie happily announced to Teal.

"Good, it's quite a big size. Although I can cut it on Azas' horn." He then walked over to the laying Azas, cutting the cloth awkwardly with his horn, into two rough halves.

"Now Sara, go and cover this with mud. The hillside is muddy also, and we could use the cover." Sara nodded quickly, and then trotted outside with the cloth in tow. She ran it through a puddle, covering it with a thick layer of mud. She draped it over the cave entrance, so the party could still go through by pushing on it. She then tested out the entrance, being very pleased with both the concealment it provided, and its function. After going inside, everyone went to sleep in the cave, which easily accommodated the party of five.

Kayne was the first to awake, and he went out to survey the area around the cave. He pushed his head out, but noticed a truck near. He ducked his head back in as the vehicle drove by, roaring on the way by. The machine also awoke the four others, with the exception of Allie and Azas. Azas was injured and needed rest, and from experience, he knew that Allie just slept in most days. Teal worked on checking everyone for sickness or injuries, but only Azas was hurt badly enough to need treatment. He explained how he learned medicine; it turned out that all staff members were also trained in medical techniques in case of an emergency. As such, he always wore a first aid kit on the inside of the 'dress' like part of his body. It seemed that the group of mismatched pokemon would finally get a break from action, some time off from their struggles.

"Sir, a base was attacked today, only one pokemon getting away."

"Why are you wasting my time with one pokemon?! We have hundreds!"

"B-because, sir……it was a Amber pokemon that was saved, along with a flareon we believe to be the one who lived from the attack."

"So some Amber pokemon still live."

"Yes, s-sir."

"So you failed in your duties?"

"U-um……"

"You know what happens to failures?"

"W-what sir…"

"They die."

"S-sir! Please give me one more chance!"

"No can do."

__________________________________________________ ___________________
Thanks for reading!
Dia-Paration!
Ciao!
__________________________________________________ ____________

Last edited by Max0596; 09-06-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand VII

__________________________________________________ ____
Yet another warning. But the violence in this one is not serious, it's "for the lulz" as some would say.

Ambersand Chapter VII- Lucky
The sun was beautiful as it rose, painting the sky a bright orange. Azas’ Eyes reflected this orange, along with the pain he was enduring. At least he was alive, he thought. And Teal didn’t do a bad job, seeing as how he could still walk on the injured limb. Nothing happening lately, Azas was told that he and Sara would be entering combat training, headed by Allie. ’What a ridiculous pairing, That little weak pokemon and fighting.’ Allie, with the help of Teal, had heard these thoughts and shocked the already-injured pokemon, Teal advising against any more attacks against Azas.

“What the hell was that for?! Can’t you see I’m already hurt?!” Allie chuckled, charging up another thunderbolt.

“Are you crazy?! AHH!” he yelled as the lightning struck him again, reducing him to a crumpled heap. Allie just chuckled, and Azas wondered about the sanity of the pachirisu. Her smile was almost wicked, her cheeks glowing yellow. This time, Azas dodged the bolt of lightning, and then charged at her, horn lowered. He was batted away by Teal via a well-timed psychic.

“Nice try, but expect the unexpected.” Allie snickered, her smile still seemed…off to Azas. A rustling in the bushes woke Azas up to what was happening. Sara pounced out of a nearby tree, firing a flamethrower from above. He ducked, the crimson line of embers passing over his head. He split onto two versions of himself, an attack called Double Team. Sara was baffled by the move, and hadn’t paid attention to the real one. He slammed into her sideways, pinning her down with his sharp claws. She kicked him off, firing an ember at his face to disorient him. They got ready for the next attack, each waiting for the other pokemon to attack. They both thought to attack at the same time, and both of the launched shadow balls collided mid-air, sending both pokemon back, tumbling across the ground. Sara recovered faster, charging at Azas with a quick attack. He was sent backwards into a tree, Teal becoming worried.

“Sara, that’s enough.”

“But…I was just beginning to have fun with him.” Azas groaned, not too happy that that was Sara’s definition of ‘fun’, his horn was caught in the tree. Everyone walked away, ignoring the stuck Azas.

“Hey, guys! I’m stuck! Hello?!” he heard what he thought was the cry of a wild mightyena, and started to shiver in the cool night air.

Everyone had went back inside, thinking it was a good training day. Sara thought ’I guess he’s not a complete waste after all’ While Teal wondered where Azas actually went. ‘He probably just went hunting.’ The team, minus Azas, settled down for the night, drifting off to sleep. Azas just hung high on the tree, held up by his sturdy horn, legs dangling.

“They aren’t coming.” He muttered to himself, scowling. A few small pokemon had gathered at the base of the tree, trying to get up to the stuck absol was difficult though. One small poocheyena clambered up, biting and clawing at Azas, before he shook him off, the small black pokemon making a sickening crunch as it hit the ground. He had to repeat this several times for other pokemon, and he had a pile of dead prey by morning. He even caught a few flying pokemon with his claws. Everyone came out at once, and looked up at Azas, his horn still wedged in the tree. They then all looked at the base of the tree, looking oddly at the medium sized pile of prey.

“Yay! Azas got us a bunch of food!” Hearing Allie’s voice, Azas responded

“Cool, now get me down! I’ve been stuck here all night! My legs are sore! Help me!” he yelled as the pokemon thought about his predicament.

“If he can get this much …..then we could……yeah……t’s not that big of a loss………kind of weak……a use……fine……”

“We have decided to keep you up there for a few more days!” Sara announced, snickering at the absol’s predicament.

“Are you kidding me?! I’m HURT!”

“We have taken that into consideration, and we concluded that you’ll be fine. We’ll bring you food and stuff, seeing as we have a lot now. Thanks for that by the way.”

“No way! You can’t do this to me! Teal will stand up for me……right?” Teal shifted his weight a little bit, his green ‘hair’ glinting in the early sun. He said nothing.

“Crap.” Azas exclaimed, as the team minus him, walked off to the cave. He killed a few more pokemon by clawing or shaking them off, sending them plummeting to the ground. Teal brought food up to him, then left, not saying a word. He kept thinking they would take him down, only to have his hopes dashed every time one of the team walked by, not paying him any attention. Not even Teal cared, him being the ‘doctor’ of the group. He would put Oran berry juice on his wounds, it stung, but he knew it helped.

Sara had just lazed about in the cave, occasionally training with Teal for a while at a time. She enjoyed a poocheyena, one of the many prey Azas killed for them. Her flamethrowers and embers were progressing in strength, and she even learned a new move. Her fur would light on fire, and she would charge in a quick-attack like dash. She called this skill ‘Flametackle’, training in harnessing it now. Teal said it was time for another bout, but this one would be different. She followed Teal to a clearing with Allie waiting patiently in the middle.

“This time, you’re at a disadvantage.”

“I can take you both. Bring it.” Both sparring partners charged at her, and she decided she would get Allie first. She felt her fur heat up, catching fire. She dashed quickly a Allie, flames trailing her. Allie was sent flying, landing a bit away. Her head stung, and she knew this was Teal’s doing. She decided to attack him off-guard, sending a will-o-wisp in his direction, but the attack harmlessly faded where he used to be. ’His teleport skills must be improving, he could barely move a foot before we started training 2 days ago’ She waited for the attack that would be executed soon, but she didn’t know where from. A ball of darkness flew at her from behind, denting the ground that Sara jumped from only a second earlier.

“Good, good. But……where am I?” the last part was spoken from behind her, confusing his location. She sensed a being to her right, and jumped straight in the air, firing an ember at the enemy. He materialized at just the right time, firing a shadow ball at empty space while the ember struck him in the side. He screamed out in pain, the ember obviously hurt.

“Okay, okay, you got me. Game over.” He choked out painfully, his side still aching from the ember. They played games with their training, usually if you were hit, you were out.

They all settled down, resting for the night. Azas’ night was very similar to his last, scratches and bite marks everywhere on his body, just as soon as the previous ones were healing. His legs ached from all the hanging, and all the attacks from the now-dead pokemon.

The next morning, the team (again, minus Azas) found another huge pile of prey, and decided that they would take him down today, after a lot of bickering back and forth. Kayne finally coming out of the cave, enjoyed a swallow, biting into it with a smile. Teal teleported to the top of the tree, then grabbing Azas and teleporting with him, down to the ground. The reality of solid ground stunned Azas, and he stumbled to one side awkwardly. Teal lead him back to the cave, Azas swearing at the other team members because they left him up as he was led away. Sara chewed into a wild poocheyena again, (tasty :3) and loved the taste of the meat. The others also ate a bit of the food, but most of it was given to any pokemon they came across in the wild. If they didn’t need it, they might as well help others. The day was filled with much training, among the highlights was Kayne learning Fire Spin, Azas getting angry and attacking his own ‘teammates’ in one of their games, and Sara winning every single game.
Once again, the team, now with Azas, settled down to sleep, their bellies full, their energy gone.

Sara was angered to see the mountain again in her dreams, as soon as she saw it, she yelled out
“Hey! Latios! What the hell do you want now?!” Latios materialized with a dark shimmer, looking sadly at the flareon before him.

“Well, I want you to not sit around all day. I told you to go west, and right now, you aren’t moving at all. I expected you to want to defeat Team Rocket. There is something instrumental to your success to the west.” And with that, he and the dream faded, leaving Sara awake at the crack of dawn.

“Guys, we’re heading out.”

“Another dream?”

“Yes. We go west, gather all you need. After getting ready, they reluctantly said goodbye to their home, then started walking. Azas’ limp had disappeared, and he wasn’t stumbling anymore. Allie and Teal chatted, Teal obviously not happy with being stuck with the talkative pachirisu. Sara walked along, at the font of the group, and Azas and Kayne reminisced about old times in Amber. Sara had no time for small talk; she was focused on going west. Most of the land they covered that day was plains, with scarce trees in sight. At night, they settled at a small grotto of trees, the intimidating pokemon in their group scaring away most predators. In the morning, the smaller pokemon ventured out to hunt, only bringing back a tailow. Azas’ legs still bothered him, so he stayed back with Teal and Kayne. Nobody really minded Sara being the leader of the group, she wasn’t a bad one, and not weak. She tended to be bossy sometimes, telling the others to “Stop slacking off and help me!”, “Let’s go! C’mon!”, “Get off your butts and go!” along with other very not-so-encouraging phrases. She always had good intentions though; she just wanted to utterly destroy Team Rocket.

After many days of trekking across the plains, the party reached a desert, the heat scorching all members in their group but Kayne. He loved it, bounding ahead of the party.

“Haha! YES! Desert!” while everyone else groaned when their paws made contact with the hot sand. They had no lookout now, and no protection from predators.

“I hate this land….and something doesn’t fell right.” Azas grumbled, breaking his silence. “

It’s probably just the heat messing with you.” Was what Sara would have said in response, if a particularly not-so-happy looking tyranitar hadn’t launched out of the sand. Teal had no problem teleporting to dodge the attack, but Sara was hit, pinned down by the huge claws. He declared that “This is my land! You cannot pass!” in very slurred words, right before Sara set her own fur on fire. He yelled, jumping back fearfully. Allie ran up his front side, scratching him from head to toe, while Teal charged up a shadow ball. Before it hit, Azas hit the already dazed pokemon with an iron tail, making the huge pokemon spin in circles violently. The shadow ball plowed into the side of his face, knocking him a good 10 meters away. Obviously defeating the pokemon, everyone continued into the desert, wordless.

“That was SOOO cool! Did you see the way I got him with that scratch?! I’m so good! That’s not to say that Teal’s shadow ball OWNED him! We’re so awesome!”

“You ruined the moment…” Teal pointed out as the five walked further into the harsh desert.
Thanks for reading!
My joke chapter
Dia-Paradouken!

Last edited by Max0596; 09-06-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Signatures also ruin the moment Teal.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Max0596 Offline

Post Ambersand VIII

--------------------------------
Yeah, another warning:
Violence
Gore
Sadness : (
--------------------------------

Ambersand VIII-Memento
After their triumph over the tyranitar in the desert, the group had moved further in. Allie climbed up on Teal’s shoulder, so that her paws didn’t burn from the trek. Teal had wrapped his small, slender “feet” in the cloth from the Rocket’s camp. Kayne still led the group, happily trotting through the bright desert.

“Are we there yet?” Allie exclaimed, for what Teal thought was the thousandth time.

“No.”

“Well, can you hurry up then?!” Allie called out frustratingly.

“I don’t see you even moving! And anyways, we can’t exhaust ourselves here.”

“I guess you’re right….” Allie said tiredly. Just behind them, Sara was deep in thought. ’Latios...What do you want from me? Go west……that’s all I have to follow. Not anything more……'

"AWWWWW!” Kayne cried out as his eyes saw the green shade of grass for the first time in a while. Everyone else cheered, excited that their paws would no longer burn of the hot sand.

As Sara’s feet touched grass, her muscles relaxed. She could just curl up here and sleep, and it looked like everyone else wanted to do the same.

“Okay guys; find a good spot and rest. We head out at sunrise.” Allie searched for berries for medicine and food, but came back empty-pawed. Sara went to find prey, but found none either. They all gathered back in a circle, confused by the lack of life in the bushy green forest. The ground started flattening and turning darker under them, as if they were in a cave. But the sky was still there.

“What the hell is happening?!” could be heard, along with many screams and yells that littered the air, as the “room” darkened, leaving no light. Sara and Kayne lit an ember each, showing where they really were. The party of five was in an odd spherical room, with a floor that didn'yt seem to exist. They all stood on solid ground, but when they looked down; they saw a sight that would scare a pidgey into a pidgeot. The world itself was below them, looking as if it were far away. As it spun, the party looked in amazement, except for Kayne, who had a fear of heights.

“Wow. How is this possible?”

“I don’t know.”

“Wait, Latios is a psychic type. It’s a mira-" Sara called out, being cut off as Latios flew by the pokemon, the party getting ready for the battle. But this wasn’t Latios. This was Latias, sister of Latios.

“I’m sorry.” She called out to the five, “But Latios has gone too far. Please forgive me.” She said with a depressed look on her face. She then charged quickly at Sara, clawing her on the way by. A stream of blood followed her claws, as she fell sideways. As her consciousness faded, she saw her teammates fall also. Kayne was frozen solid, Allie suffering a claw wound much like Sara’s, Azas zapped by a thunderbolt, and Teal was clawed at high speeds also, falling to the ground in a bloody mess. Right before she faded out, she heard a voice.

“Sara, Sara! No! I can still save her…can you hear me?!”

Sara awoke slowly; her side pounding with every beat her heart took. She craned her head over to see her wounded side, and saw pure white bandage. She was lying beside her injured teammates, who also started moving.

“Oh. You’re awake. I found you in the middle of the desert, and it looked as if you needed help. I mean, you were badly hurt.” The pokemon who said these words was Latios himself, who hovered over the five fallen pokemon. Hearing his voice, Sara attempted to attack him, but fell short, her head hitting the ground hard. Latios rushed to her, picking her up gently and setting her on the bed. ’why is he acting so nice? He drove me here. Poemon and people died because of him!’ Allie got up next, but couldn’t move much. She tried to cry out in pain, but all that escaped was a soft whine. Everyone else stayed silent, they all fell back asleep in their painful nightmares.

Azas had never felt this much pain before. It was almost unbearable, the constant shuddering and climbs out of slumber, only to fall back into unconsciousness. His dreams were haunted with shadows, always chasing him relentlessly. ’Just like old times’ he thought, as a vision of a memory entered his mind.

It was Azas’ first day in the Stealth division. His head was still woozy from all the local celebrities who had welcomed him into the highest division in Team Amber. As he trotted to his room, he noted one growlithe was taking every turn he was. They both met in the same room.

“Oh, hey. I was just heading back to clean up the place for you. Sorry about the mess. I’m Kayne.” The growlithe eyed his new roommate carefully, talking note of the fact he was shiny. Azas stared at the room before him, a small box-shaped area filled with a lot of boxes and papers. There were two beds, both cleared of obstruction. It was obvious that he had made it a priority to clean his bed and area surrounding it. The two stood in silence, studying each other fully. The two then went for supper, then to bed. The scene skipped ahead to showing Azas and Kayne going out on a mission.

“This one is going to be tough, Azas.”

“I know, I’ll be ready.” The scene changed yet again, the two on a darkly lighted ship in a lightning storm. Azas whispered “Okay, here he comes” to the waiting Kayne, then pouncing on the guard patrol. Once they were done, they headed to where their objective was. It was a captured pokemon, that was all they were told. As Azas walked into the darkly lit undercarriage, he saw a dim pink light in the distance, just behind a crate. As he was about to push it out of the way, the scene faded to white. ‘What happened? Why can’t I remember?! What did this have to do with my nightmares then?' He did not know.

Allie had a relapse of her earlier nightmare, while Teal had a dream filled with voices coming from everywhere. “You suck!” “A male gardevoir?! HAHA!” “All you are is a waiter.” “You have no friends.” “Such a loser.” “Weakling.” The voices chased him as he tied to run away through the long dark corridor. It was never-ending, and he tripped, falling into darkness.

Sara’s nightmare was filled with thoughts of the pokemon and people she had killed because she lost control of her temper. Hundreds of dark silhouettes were all she saw, all with piercing red eyes. A silhouette of Latias flew past her, or at least another version of her. There were hundreds of events happening around her, with her standing in the center of it all. Most were recollections of the event that injured her, but some were of her time in Amber and times with her teammates. Black flames burned around her, threatening to envelop her. They felt warm, inviting. She trotted into a patch of flames, and saw the first time she used Flare.

It was bright outside, the sun reflecting off of the sand. They weren’t too far away from Amber HQ, and they were just heading out for a routine exploration mission. Her partner Gerald, a luxio, walked beside her. She never liked Gerald, the way he walked, the way he acted.

“Sara, go and check that rock out.” While there was clearly nothing behind the rock, she obeyed. She was in for a surprise though, as Regirock clambered from the sand, the rock was just a section of its arm. Sara leapt back, prepared. Gerald rushed in, getting pinned down quickly by Regirock. She looked away as Regirock dispensed of her former partner with a step to the gut that was too strong for his bones to resist. Sara ran away, knowing Regirock was close behind her. She was hit from behind, rolling quickly down a sand dune. Her mind raced, thinking of what to do next. She prepared a shadow ball, ready to fire it at the fearsome pokemon, but merged it with Ember, firing the black and white flames that would be come to known as Flare. Everyone cheered for her that day, and grieved for the loss of Gerald. Even though they weren’t all that close, she still cared for his wellbeing. The Regirock was taken into custody, surviving the attack.

The five slowly woke up, at different times. They stumbled out the door, wordlessly. Everyone groaned with every step, but they knew that getting active again was crucial. They walked outside to see a valley, with many caves on either side. They were coming out of a larger cave-it must be the hospital. As they looked up, flying pokemon scattered across the sky, making dancing shadows on the ground in front of them. They decided to move out.

“No regrets, right?”
-----------------------------------------------
A past chapter. I want to make some more tame versions
of these chapters, but I just don't have the time.
Fun Fact: This chapter is exactly 1500 words.
By the way, criticism is very much appreciated.
Ciao!
Dia-paraaaaaaaaaa!
------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Max0596; 09-07-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: Ambersand

Well, I've only read the first chapter so far, but I decided to review it anyway. xD

(By the way, this is Racingwolf from DA.)

First of all, I like how you started off the story by talking about Team Rocket, and then how Team Amber was warring with them. I think that part could have added a bit more detail, maybe even some of the history of Team Amber and some of the things that had happened between them and Team Rocket in the past.

Quote:
"Oh yeah, you're the new girl. Im Allie." the little elesquirrel pokemon finished. "I'm Sara." she said coldly, wiping the smile instantly from the small pokemon's large face. "now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat supper." she added, while leaving the room.
In this paragraph, remember that the start of a new sentence like "now" should be capitalized. Also, when a new character speaks, it should be on a different paragraph, like this:

"Oh yeah, you're the new girl. I'm Allie," the little elesquirrel pokemon finished.

"I'm Sara," she said coldly, wiping the smile instantly from the small pokemon's large face. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat supper," she added, while leaving the room.

I bolded the parts I changed. Remember not to have a period at the end of someone's speech when you're putting "she said" and such after it, since that's not the end of the sentence.

The whole idea of this underground base and the pokemon being assigned different jobs is really interesting, and I'm interested to see what the stealth division, as well as the others, are going to do. I wonder what the "normal" pokemon it said Sara graduated from were, and what they did. I'm guessing they weren't the ones who fought against Team Rocket...I'm interested to see what pokemon do. I think more description of the base and how it was run would have helped paint more of a picture for the readers as they read it. I really wanted to know what the different rooms looked like and what sort of other pokemon were there and what they were doing.

Anyway, I'll read the others soon and I'll reread the first chapter if you edit it. Good luck with the story!

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-
Old 09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Max0596 Offline

Oh, thanks for reviewing! Yeah, the first two chapters were made about two months ago when I was just starting to make my own, believe me it gets better. And yeah, I'll add more detail in that stuff. In the end, it IS the first chapter that makes or breaks it. I kinda wanted it to be a bit vague though, because Ambersand Interactive takes place 3 years prior to the events of Ambersand, and explains a lot more about the culture and life inside the HQ.

The "normal" pokemon, well prime examples are the characters of Ambersand Interactive again. I kinda rushed the story forward, but what I had in mind for the exact plot needed a lot of stuff to happen in a short time. And they were the Exploration division. That's also where AI takes place xD so anything in the past that I didnt explain clearly will probably be anwsered there. Although i will be editing this chapter and II.

Thanks for reviewing again.

EDIT: I, II, and III have been fixed, if there are any other errors in IV onwards, please alert me.

Me:"JUST TALKED TO SCYTHERWOLF!"*faints*
Sara:"Sheesh...wake up..."*pokes*
Teal: "I think he hit his head...it just looks like a flesh wound though."
Allie: "I KNOW! SHES SO AWESOME!"*also faints*
Kayne: "Hmph. She's not so special."
Azas: "Why am I with you idiots...?"*facepaw*

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...

Last edited by Max0596; 09-04-2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: I, II, and III updated.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Did you just call Scy a he? o.o

She's completely and whole-heartedly a female. XD

I'd love to review this soon... I hope I can sometime. D: For now, though, listening to Scy is a really good idea. c:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Max0596 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Did you just call Scy a he? o.o

She's completely and whole-heartedly a female. XD

I'd love to review this soon... I hope I can sometime. D: For now, though, listening to Scy is a really good idea. c:

~GS.
Oh, sorryx1000000
I feel stupid now. Is that normal? Well, that's what happens when you type fast......sorry D:
seriously, if you need anything I'll repay you Scy, anytime D:

and OHMAHGODITSYOUGOLDFLAREON! Thanks for the advice by the way, it's got a heck of a lot more people looking at it here :3

Last edited by Max0596; 09-04-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
Oh, sorryx1000000
I feel stupid now. Is that normal? Well, that's what happens when you type fast......sorry D:
seriously, if you need anything I'll repay you Scy, anytime D:

and OHMAHGODITSYOUGOLDFLAREON! Thanks for the advice by the way, it's got a heck of a lot more people looking at it here :3
XDD Nah, haha, you don't have to apologise! I just wanted to let you know. c:

OH MY GOODNESS I DIDN'T REALISE IT WAS YOU LOOOOOOOOOOL. I'm so smart. XD Sorry, ahhaha. xD I totally didn't realise it was you. On deviantART I didn't even realise what your username was; I just remembered you from your avatar, so that's why I didn't recognise you. xD Now I feel stupid about the message I left on your profile, haha.

YAY WE CAN BOTH BE STUPID TOGETHER!

BUT. Now that I realise it's you, Max, I WILL read this. c: And soon, hopefully!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Max0596 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

XDD Nah, haha, you don't have to apologise! I just wanted to let you know. c:

OH MY GOODNESS I DIDN'T REALISE IT WAS YOU LOOOOOOOOOOL. I'm so smart. XD Sorry, ahhaha. xD I totally didn't realise it was you. On deviantART I didn't even realise what your username was; I just remembered you from your avatar, so that's why I didn't recognise you. xD Now I feel stupid about the message I left on your profile, haha.

YAY WE CAN BOTH BE STUPID TOGETHER!

BUT. Now that I realise it's you, Max, I WILL read this. c: And soon, hopefully!

~GS.
haha, yeah XDDD

hope you get around to it!

...Wait, what message? xD

Old 09-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
haha, yeah XDDD

hope you get around to it!

...Wait, what message? xD
xD

Me too! Maybe in some minutes. o:

xD I left you some VMs. Click on your username and go to your profile. o:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!