Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> Follow the river currents and go downstream! You need to conserve your energy and get away quickly!
> Agreed! Going downstream is probably your best bet! ^^

(And yay, somebody else posted this time around! :D)


Thinking over the options regarding the river, you try to determine which way is the best to follow. An upstream trek would require you to walk along the edge of the cavern in order to be practical, because swimming against the current would be pointless. Besides, it was more about escaping right now than about heading the right way. So you decide to go down the current, using your Dewott swimming skills in an attempt to speed up the escape. Looking down at the water though, you have second thoughts.

While the Centerville Sewer is a part of Pine Creek, it is also used as it's name sake. A drainage system, quite modern compared to other nearby towns, basically filters anything the rain picks up into the river, including the contents of chamber-pots and rotten food scraps. The result is a heinous and soggy mixture that just reeks of plague.

But, before you can let that voice inside your head speak you out of it, you dive into the muck and began following the current into the darkness...

---------

Meanwhile, back at the dungeon...

It had been quite the nap our guard, whose name was Peter, had taken during his shift. His lumbering mass having slid from leaning on the wall to flat on the ground, he had fallen into the habit of his ancestors, notorious drunkards whose chronic laziness was on the account of intoxicating libations as much as it was about his race. Of course, Peter tried to remain sober for the sake of keeping his job, but even he cannot resist the sleepiness which plagues his kind.

And so, rubbing his eyes and realizing he had dozed off, he set about to make it seem like he had been busy patrolling. Moving from his stationary post to check the prisoners, he decided upon inspecting that queer Dewott from earlier, the one who had acted or gone crazy in an attempt to get freedom.

Drearily stomping over to the cell, he peered into the cell and found it empty. He walked past it at first, thinking that someone might have let him off, but then he realized that he had been the only guard on duty that night. A panic came over Peter suddenly, as this meant that under his watch a prisoner had escaped. That meant the loss of his job, and worse if the blue weasel wasn't found. Immediately, Peter shuffled around for the cell key and found it, jamming the end into the cold metal socket. The door, opening inward, was pushed through as Peter looked around for a sign of escape. Seeing no halls in the walls or the ceiling, Peter stepped back a bit, only to have his right leg not meet ground, tripping him onto the cobble floor.

Shaking off the fall, Peter peered into the gaping hole that had tripped him. Peering into it, he saw that below the dungeon lay a sewer, where the Dewott had escaped. Had Peter been small enough to fit through the opening, he probably would have gone down into it and tracked that tricky bugger to the end of the world if he had to. But, another curse of his kind, he had grown large and fat, and there was no way he could fit his leg through the hole without it getting stuck, let alone his whole body.

And so, racing up to the entrance of the dungeon, the passage between Castle Centreville and the prison below, Peter found two knights standing guard, and summoned them.

"Knights, come hither! We 'ave a jailbreaker!"
----------

It was hours before the current finally took you outside the cave, which was quite a relief, although the orange light of sunset hurt your eyes after being in darkness for so long. About 15 minutes into the escape you had let the current take over, and and now you had reached the outdoors portion of the river. All manner of filth was now stuck inside what had already been the dirty coat of a vagrant adventurer, and you reeked of fungi, lavatories, and onions. Truly, this had been the dirtiest day you had ever lived through.

However, things were looking up. You had escaped, overcoming impossible odds through sheer luck, though the way you've been acting lately it might be the work of some demon.

Pulling to the right shore of the river, you shake yourself off and look around. You are in the Greenwoods, an area outside Centreville. You are surrounded by tall pines, which line both sides of the river and extend for miles. You can't see the sun past them, but the sky is red and the day is ending. You have nothing, not even the bucket you have left behind.

Inventory
Emptier than a Shedninja.

>
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 11-08-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Sylver's Avatar
Sylver Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beyond the reaches of reality
Posts: 288
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> See if you can find food and shelter in the woods for the night, as well as somewhere to wash up.
__________________
The golden-hearted youth, Sylver, at your service.

Avatar created by me.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

^
And, on top of what Sylver said, make sure to avoid attracting any unnecessary attention to yourself. Don't want to make too easy for them, now do you?
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Actually, I think we should try to get some distance between you and Centreville as soon as possible. And it might be a good idea to get away from the river some, since that will probably be the most likely place the guards will investigate first. (Though washing up would be a REALLY good idea xD)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> See if you can find food and shelter in the woods for the night, as well as somewhere to wash up.
> And, on top of what Sylver said, make sure to avoid attracting any unnecessary attention to yourself. Don't want to make too easy for them, now do you?
>Actually, I think we should try to get some distance between you and Centreville as soon as possible. And it might be a good idea to get away from the river some, since that will probably be the most likely place the guards will investigate first. (Though washing up would be a REALLY good idea xD)


Formulating a plan of action, you decide upon trying to set up a camp deeper into the woods, to avoid the guards that will be on your tail. The river was your escape route, so following it any further would make it too easy for your pursuers to find you. Also, escaping into the woods would allow you to hide your camp easier, and it would be much harder to follow your track through the dense forestry.

But you should probably wash up first. The way you smell at the moment could give a Houndoom your location for miles. Removing, or at least covering up the scent of the sewers could do you much good. Washing in the filth of the river will do you no good however, so you need to find another way of cleaning yourself off. A strong scent would be good, and hopefully you'll find some cleaning ingredients and fresher water to clean up in.

Thus your journey out into the wilderness begins once more, your fortunes changing for the better as you head off into the Greenwoods.

----------

Meanwhile in Centreville...

The word that best describes the scene was tension. A poor squire, a small Shelmet who went by the name of Ferdinand, had been sent by his knight to report on the incident in the dungeon, and upon the efforts being taken to capture the prisoner. Dashing through the dimly lit hallways of Castle Centreville, Ferdinand forced his stubby legs to dash rapidly towards the throne room with the grave news.

Approaching the throne room, Ferdinand stopped at the massive double doors of the throne room, where the royal family was reclining after a large feast. Ferdinand wondered how anyone could find sitting and waiting for news could be entertainment for the whole family, but he decided it was probably what most members of the royal family do when they aren't making speeches or commanding armies.

He was meet by the two Kangaskhan guards from earlier, who now brandished large spears, the torchlight glinting off the points.

"Ahem", Ferdinand began, gaining their attention. They looked down at the tiny squire with a fierce stare, their voices booming throughout the hallway. This was a standard method of intimidation employed among the royal guards, who made meeting with the lord of Centreville all the more nerve wracking. The Sceptile who ruled Centreville was not even the king of the realm, and yet conversing with him was an experience not many had the courage to repeat.

"State your business with Lord Charles, half-pint", the guard began, crossing his spear in an X-formation with the other guard in a door-blocking motion. This was really a matter of show and not practicality, as the guards clearly understood that the tiny Shelmet could crawl right under the spears if he had wanted to. It was only the preservation of habit that made them practice the same routine with all visitors.

"I have ill news for our Lord that he must receive at once", replied the squire, nervously eyeing the door. The guards at least had control of their temper, but Lord Charles was said to have the passion and fury of a hurricane when he received word of misfortune. The Sceptile was notorious for being a wild spirit, and most enemies he made had a life expectancy of three weeks after a confrontation with him. Ferdinand's knight and teacher had told the poor Shelmet that this announcement was part of his training, but the reality of the situation was that he had not wanted to perform the task himself.

The guards, satisfied with the response and trusting the little squire to not assassinate Lord Charles in the time provided for the message, the Kangaskhan uncrossed their spears and pushed open the double doors. It was then that the tiny Shelmet proceeded down a red carpet walkway as ancient as Centreville itself, and came to the steps of the throne pedestal. It was in three chairs the family sat,with Lord Charles in the center chair, naturally large and gilded with his family crest positioned above his head. To Charle's left was his wife, who is known as the brains of the family and was also a Sceptile. Her throne was slightly smaller, but the attention to detail of the first was retained. She sat focused on her reading and work, as she was the financial mind of Centreville. Charles may have been a great warrior, but Centreville would have been broke in a week under his economic leadership. Finally, on the right hand side was Prince Daniel, who held an bag filled with ice on his head to ease the pain of an injury he had been dealt at the hands of some ruffian. His left eye was bruised and blacken, and a painful grimace was plastered on his face. His throne was a fine wooden piece, carved from the tall oaks of the Lost Woods. It was nice and polished, but certainly less impressive than the throne of his parents.

"My Lord, I have some n-news about the fate of the one who attacked your son", Ferdinand began, stuttering as he said news. Charles, who had been preoccupied with some thought and was staring past the Shelmet, now turned his attention to the messenger.

"Well, out with it! Is he enjoying his time in our most luxurious accommodations?", the king asked, grinning and chucking to himself. This made Ferdinand all the more nervous, as it was easier to bring bad news when it was expected.

"N-n-no sire, he hath... escaped", Ferdinand replied, flinching as he said escaped.

The king was speechless for five seconds. Ferdinand watched as the Charle's expression turned from joy to shock, and then from shock to pure anger.

"ESCAPED? THAT BLOODY THUG HAS ESCAPED!? HE HAS THE NERVE, AFTER PUNCHING MY HEIR AND SON IN THE FACE, OF THINKING HE CAN ESCAPE!? I WILL HAVE HIS HEAD!!!"

----------

Of course, after this announcement the king was seething with hatred, ready to rip this prisoner to pieces with his bare hands before a live audience in the town square. Sending for his best guards and knights, he organized a search party armed with all manner of weaponry, supplemented by a correspondence to be sent to neighboring towns about the escape and the prisoner. He offered a bounty of gold and silver to whoever could find the Dewott and bring him back to Centreville, alive so he could enact the punishment himself. Thus, the hunt began, and the party set out into the night.

----------

Back in the Greenwoods...

After travelling until sunset into the brush and wilderness of the Greenwoods, you find yourself sufficiently distanced from Centreville. You cannot tell how far you have travelling, but you didn't need to take any major detours and you found your direction using the Sun, so you have a general idea of which way you are travelling, which is south. Along the way you found some Nomel berries, the juices of which you spread over yourself to obtain some form of cleanliness. Lacking any means of carrying said berries, you had to leave anything you didn't use on the bush. Finding a clearing in the woods, you decide this will be your camp area for the night. The sky is a dim orange now, and you don't have much sunlight left. You lack items and a means of storing items, so your inventory is empty.

Inventory
None

>

WRITER'S NOTE: First off, I'm really happy this is going well. I'm sorry if I've been slow to responses, but it's more about getting it done and less than being speedy with me. I'm not going to cancel this, trust me. Not after Sarah featured my story on the main site. I'm also thinking about developing Ferdinand more, perhaps as a sequel to this Interactive Adventure. It really depends on the fate of our hero, and whether you guide him to fortune or ruin.

Second, I would like to announce now a special contest that anyone can participate in. The prize of this contest is having one of your own original fanfiction characters having a role in this story, which may be major or minor depending on how the story plays out. Regardless, he, she, or it will be mentioned at some point, so stay tuned.

Now, for the rules of said contest. In this fanfiction, I have hidden a set of references in my posts. There are three of these references, and the first person to quote all three of these references wins. The winner will be announced in my next story post, and can then PM me with some character information for me to use. Please note that in order to fit the setting the character MUST be a Pokemon, but it can be from any of YOUR OWN fanfictions if you chose.

Here is a cryptic hint to get you started guys: The references all have the same theme, and are all from the same video game series.

So, now that you know what to do, get searching! And don't forget to tell me what our "hero" shall do next!
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 11-08-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Sylver's Avatar
Sylver Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beyond the reaches of reality
Posts: 288
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> Look for any materials to make a fire, find shelter, and/or to defend/hide yourself with! You need to survive now!

Okay, three references, all from one video game series... I'm guessing all from The Legend of Zelda because of these reasons:

1. Post #14: "Suddenly the thought of a strange creature with a green cap and tunic striking the same pose flashes through your head..." -Reference to Link, the protagonist and main character.

2. Post #26: "Fortunately, your opening comes very easily to you, as Slakings are notoriously sleepy at any given time. Sure enough, the burly sack's eyes fell shut, his snoring echoing throughout the dungeon. It was a very nasal and scratchy snore too..." -I believe this is referring to the character of Talon from Ocarina of Time, someone lazy with a tendency to fall asleep and carrying a rather scratchy, obnoxious snore.

3. Post #35: "His throne was a fine wooden piece, carved from the tall oaks of the Lost Woods." -Reference to the Lost Woods in Ocarina of Time.
__________________
The golden-hearted youth, Sylver, at your service.

Avatar created by me.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

This is the first non-update post I've made for this thread, which is a relief. Sorry guys, no wall of text today.

You got references 1 and 3 right, but sadly you got 2 wrong. There may be some correlation there between the characters, but that was unintentional. Keep searching for the third piece of that Triforce!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Sylver's Avatar
Sylver Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beyond the reaches of reality
Posts: 288
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Well, another I may be seeing...

Post #16- "Kangaskhan with their offspring watching from their pouches, grab both your arms and restraint you. They then proceed to return the favor, knocking you out and dragging your limp body away..." -Reference to a scene it Twilight Princess where you enter the Twilight Realm for the first time.
__________________
The golden-hearted youth, Sylver, at your service.

Avatar created by me.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Nope. Anyone else want to take a guess?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Well, I'll take a gander, though I'm really not that good at it xD


There's a part in the beginning, where you take on the quest to slay the Hydrigeon (sp.), which goes as follows...

Quote:
You even took a scalchop and thrust it into the air during the statement, striking a heroic pose that did not fit the current scene at all.
Was that a reference to the fact that Link strikes a pose whenever he claims a treasure?


EDIT: Oh, I didn't realize that Sylver already caught that ^^'

Okay, how about the sewers in general? They seemed to be a kind of a reference to the sewers that you had to travel through in Twilight Princess.

If not that, how about the Royal Family? That often gets mentioned in the Zelda games ^^


Oh, and in regards to action...

>I disagree about building a fire--making a fire would attract our trackers. We really need to lie low until morning, so just try to find a different way to stay warm. It'll make for an uncomfortable night, but really, let's not attract attention. ^^
__________________


Last edited by Charmander009; 11-12-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

I would normally, but I just got into Zelda lately, so I don't know too much ^^'

Good luck guys! :D
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Sylver's Avatar
Sylver Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beyond the reaches of reality
Posts: 288
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Welp, I got nothing else but these last two here to wonder, because I cannot think of anything else...

Post #5- 1) "You equip these useful scalchops at your sides, giving you the formidable appearance of a warrior.
"
- Reference to equipping items in Zelda? 2) "In the case of the Charizard, the dragon had flown over the village of Banterville and razed it, for the sole purpose of instilling fear and terror in the town's populace."- Reference to Volvagia from Ocarina of Time?
__________________
The golden-hearted youth, Sylver, at your service.

Avatar created by me.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Sorry, but no dice. Perhaps you need to dig a little deeper....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Charmander009's Avatar
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celestia Region
Posts: 3,006
Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

"No dice...?" Wait, is that the reference? Cuz I remember the Slaking said that in the dungeon:

Quote:
"I see your trying to pick a fight", he says after pondering your intentions, "But no dice...."
Hmm... I'm not actually sure what that would be a reference to, though ^^'
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Sylver's Avatar
Sylver Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beyond the reaches of reality
Posts: 288
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Post #16- "You push through the wooden tavern door and into a cobblestone street, which runs west and east. It is filled with Pokemon travelling about the village, with market stands at either side of the road. The hustle and bustle of this fine town makes you slightly dizzy, but you know how to navigate through the crowds quite easily." -Reference to Hyrule's Castle Town market?
__________________
The golden-hearted youth, Sylver, at your service.

Avatar created by me.

Wanna try your hand at an Interactive Adventure? Come try What is Darkness?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com