Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

A Pokemon's Tale
A Medieval Themed PMD Interactive Adventure
Written By NES2

You begin your day in a bed in the attic of a local inn on an early Saturday morning, light coming in from a window to your right irritating your eyes enough to awaken you from slumber. Rubbing your eyes to better awaken yourself, you attempt to crawl out of bed and instead fall flat upon your face. As you attempt to get up and steady yourself again, you hold onto the bed and try to remember what happened last night.

While you find it difficult to bring all the details back into your memory, you remember faintly having more ale than you could hold, and you assume that you passed out drunkenly and this morning you are suffering as a result. You wish you could go back to sleep, but now that you are up you've decided upon being productive.

Trying to ignore the terrible headache, you take in your surroundings. The room is quite simple, with the bed set up against the left wall, and a table with a small mirror against the right wall. Your satchel with collected items is on this table. The floor boards underneath you are quite creaky from decay, and through them you can hear light chatter coming from the pub. Now that you are acquainted with your room, it's time to decide the course of actions you will take this morning.

>
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 09-02-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Look in the mirror.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Oooh, I love these!


> Examine Items
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Max0596's Avatar
Max0596 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shibuya UG-Scramble Crossing
Posts: 835
Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Go downstairs
__________________

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2011, 05:49 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> Look in the mirror.

You decide you want to see your face, and to check your appearance before heading out. Heading to the table and picking up the mirror, you begin to indulge those narcissistic tendencies that you normally keep down. Looking into the mirror, you look at your body, that of a small but fit Dewott. You flex a bit, basking in the glory that is yourself. After satisfying your need to feed your ego, you look down and realize your scalchops aren't at your side. This worries you a bit, so you begin to search for them in your sachel.

> Examine items.

Looking through your bag, you begin a mental checklist of the items inside. You first take out 5 Oran Berries, which you bought in the village market. They smell and look fresh, and are your main food source while traveling. They make you hungry just by looking at them, so you take a bit out of one and continue to eat it while you look at your other items.

Next out of the bag is your flint and steel, which you keep along with some tinder in a small box. You use this kit to start campfires while travelling from village to village, and the warmth of the fire it makes is used to cook food and keep you warm during the cold and harsh winter nights.

You next fish out a bundle of cord, which can be described best as 7 feet of rope. You decide to not go into detail about inside your head. Rope is a basic necessity, but it isn't an item you are emotionally attached to. Still, it's useful.

Next was your coin purse. In it are 10 golden coins, your entire fortune at the moment. You used to have much more, but business has been slow for you.

At the bottom of your satchel are your scalchops, your weapon of choice. Unlike most other Pokemon, who use swords, daggers, or other conventional weapons, you use scalchops, a symbol of your heritage and warrior training. They've gotten you out of numerous scrapes, and helped you slay numerous beasts, such as the Charizard of the Scorched Hills. You had killed the raging dragon by clipping his wings so he could no longer fly, and from their dueling him until he passed from sheer exhaustion and his wounds. You equip these useful scalchops at your sides, giving you the formidable appearance of a warrior.

Ah yes, we've forgotten to mention your occupation earlier. You, my good sir, are a beast hunter. You go out into the wilds to slay rogue Pokemon terrorizing villages, plaguing farmers, or just generally out of control. In the case of the Charizard, the dragon had flown over the village of Banterville and razed it, for the sole purpose of instilling fear and terror in the town's populace. The villagers paid you a good amount of gold to slay the beast, but the money from that venture is starting to dwindle.

So you came to Centreville, a small walled village in the Northeast, to find a job. Hopefully there will be something for you to do.

> Go downstairs.

After you packing your goods into your satchel, you finish off your Oran Berry and decide to go downstairs to the pub room. Heading down the creaking steps, you receive quick glances from some pub goers as you come down the stairs. Realizing you are nobody of interest to them, they return to their casual conversation at the bar to your right, sipping lightly from their beverages. As you head towards the door, a voice from behind the counter addresses you.

"Hey, our inn isn't free. Two gold coins per night traveler. Plus, your drink tab brings that to ten coins owed", a Buneary wench reminds you as you attempt to scurry out the door.

You had hoped she would forget the bill, or perhaps she wouldn't notice you. But those hawk eyes had locked onto you, and now you were in a pinch. If you paid the fee, you would have not a single coin on you afterwards. Perhaps you should have used more financial foresight.

>

Inventory
x4 Oran Berries
x1 Fire Starting Kit
x1 7 ft. Cord
x1 Coin Purse
x10 Gold Coins

Equipped
x2 Scalchops
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 11-09-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Max0596's Avatar
Max0596 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shibuya UG-Scramble Crossing
Posts: 835
Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Wink Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Pay the fee; You're not evil.
__________________

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Pretend you have no money, and offer to work off the fee and then some (with pay, of course). A job at the bar will not only leave you with some money in your wallet, but could also allow you to encounter people who will give you a job more suited to your abilities.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

> Pay the fee; You're not evil.
> Pretend you have no money, and offer to work off the fee and then some (with pay, of course). A job at the bar will not only leave you with some money in your wallet, but could also allow you to encounter people who will give you a job more suited to your abilities.


Taking a step back into the pub once, you decide you need a legitimate way to pay off your debt. You think for a moment about not mentioning the gold coins, pretending you're broke, and asking for a job at the bustling pub. It was essentially walking the gray zone of both truth and lie, but it was better than walking out on the bill.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry. I don't... have the funds to pay you", you begin anxiously, watching the fire light in the eyes of the girl.

"No funds? At all!?", she replies angrily, inching closer to you. The sheer expression of discontent in her eyes was actually more frightening that many of the beasts you've slain.

"No, none at all. But I can work it off hopefully? I didn't realize how little to live on I had until now", you reply, stepping back. The Buneary sees the nervous look in your eyes, and sees that you aren't one of the seedy types that often wander into this tavern. Sighing, she calms down and answers your question.

"I'm sorry, but I can't trust you as a stranger. For what I know of you right now you could be acting like you'll pay off your debts, and proceed to walk out when I'm not watching you. If you lived here I could trust you more easily, but right now I don't have any means of investigating your background. Do you have anything else to offer?" she asks as she ends here explanation.

You decide it's best to give it up already. You have no other options that wouldn't damage your good name, so you take your coin purse out of the satchel.

"This is all I have. It's a full ten coins, no more and no less. I'm sorry I caused you this trouble, but I haven't found work in months", you explain as you hand her the coins.

+1 Karma
Current Personality: Gentlemen


"What's your work?", she asks as she receives the coins.

"I hunt beasts of the wild, rogue Pokemon who terrorize innocents and cause mischief. It pays a lot, but the jobs are dangerous, not to mention hard to find", you explain.

At this moment one of the men at the bar, a Kadabra, finishes his ale and turns to you.

"A bounty hunter eh? Why didn't you say so? I've heard that in a village south of here called Pineburgh they've had a Hydreigon whose been terrorizing anyone who attempts to cross the Pine Creek Bridge. The lord of said town is offering a chest of gold to the man that brings back his head!", the Kadabra explains.

You can't help but smile at the thought. A chest of gold could last you a very long time. And if you didn't waste it on frivolous drinking binges, it could last you longer! But that was if you got to it first!

"So, are you going to go and try to kill that menacing dragon?", the Kadabra asks you, interrupting your thoughts.

You think it over, and come up with a response.

Inventory
x4 Oran Berries
x1 Fire Starting Kit
x1 7 ft. Cord
x1 Empty Coin Purse


Equipped
x2 Scalchops


>
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 10-24-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Epic's Avatar
Epic Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: I live SOMEWHERE lol
Posts: 24
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

You Know....... This is kinda..... boring.....
__________________
CLICK!!!!!!!!!!

You'll make Me Happy!!! :D





Quiting this FOREVER due to so many mean people..... :'(
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

You know, that isn't a review. If you are just posting that to get "revenge" at my bad review, then you have no reason at all to post. If you are going to give me an unbiased quality review on my work, that's ok.

It would also be ok if you recommended an action for our hero, because this is an interactive adventure that anyone can participate in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Ah, good. I hope this one doesn't die out so easily, like last time.

>_As the Hydregion job is the only one avaliable to your knowledge right now, and your funding is low, you should take it.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Gem N Ems's Avatar
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my own world.
Posts: 6,807
Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
You know, that isn't a review. If you are just posting that to get "revenge" at my bad review, then you have no reason at all to post. If you are going to give me an unbiased quality review on my work, that's ok.

It would also be ok if you recommended an action for our hero, because this is an interactive adventure that anyone can participate in.
NES, stop having a go at Epic, please. It makes you look bad.

And Epic, saying a story is boring doesn't qualify as a review. It's fine that you don't like it, but if that's all you have to say on the matter, there is really no reason to post. Just search for something else to read. :3
__________________

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Max0596's Avatar
Max0596 Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shibuya UG-Scramble Crossing
Posts: 835
Send a message via MSN to Max0596
Post Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

What last time? VM me, I wanna know D:
>Questing time! You think it'll be fun!
__________________

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
NES2's Avatar
NES2 Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,320
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>_As the Hydregion job is the only one avaliable to your knowledge right now, and your funding is low, you should take it.
>Questing time! You think it'll be fun!


The Kadabra catches the excitement in your expression as you make your choice.

"Yes, I shall kill it! I shall kill the Hydreigon!", you scream. Perhaps a bit too loudly perhaps, because the people of the tavern once again stare at you with discontent. They really don't seem to like anything that distracts them from their drink in fact. You even took a scalchop and thrust it into the air during the statement, striking a heroic pose that did not fit the current scene at all. Suddenly the thought of a strange creature with a green cap and tunic striking the same pose flashes through your head, but you ignore the odd thought and put your scalchop back on your side.

Quest Accepted:
Slay the Hydreigon!


The tavern goers once again went back to their drinks, as does the Kadabra. The Buneary is busy brooming the floor of her establishment, ignoring you now that she has her payment. You now stand in the tavern, and decide upon a course of action.

Inventory
x4 Oran Berries
x1 Fire Starting Kit
x1 7 ft. Cord
x1 Empty Coin Purse


Equipped
x2 Scalchops


>
__________________

Last edited by NES2; 09-09-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Guard13007's Avatar
Guard13007 Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Doing 'lot of rocket science lately
Posts: 2,669
Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007
Default Re: [IA] A Pokemon's Tale

>Go to the place where the thing with the killing and dragon money.
Zach: *whacks Guard*
>Go to the place where you (I guess, "I") can kill the Hydreigon.

Just so you no (edit: I fail, I meant "know"), I'm an idiot with these type of games and do stupid stuff, so either ignore the following, write it as a separate parody, or maybe allow it if you are okay risking me failing this.

>Punch someone.

*tape over mouth magically re-appears as I head back into CC*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com