Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Battles » Battle Archive

Battle Archive Once the dust has settled and the winner is clear, battles are sent here for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to look through the archives to brush up on your skills!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Lord Fedora vs. Saraibre Ryu

Challenge made over VM
Single Battle, 3 Pokemon each
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 50
Restrictions: 3 chill limit, no OHKO, no items
Arena: Ninja Training
A wide field enclosed by walls. Cherry blossom trees line the outside, just at the end of their blooming cycle, allowing even a slight breeze to pluck the petals off and carry them around the battlefield.

Alright, I'll lead off with Athena!

[Athena] Swablu (F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Stats: N/A
Old 08-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Default Re: Lord Fedora vs. Saraibre Ryu

Okay let's go my lovely Asharas~

Asharas the Charmeleon [F]
Ability: Blaze
Signature move: Flare Blaze
Description:
Spoiler:
The flames of a Charmander and evolutions yet to come always burn brighter when fierce battles have been faced. Ashe was one such Pokemon who would face her own opponents who had a type advantage over her. Over and over again, until the peak of her power was reached and skill of her fire attacks hit high. Once her Blaze ability activated, she took it one step further, unleashing even more power against her opponents in a literal blaze of glory. Water type's steamed, rock types melted under the intense heat and so on and so forth. However Ashe would go without taking some of her own recoil damage every time a fire attack was used due to the intensity. This was always a do or die tactic.
Type: Fire
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100%
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 15%
Effects:
-All Fire attacks used that cause 'not very effective' damage become 'normal damage'. 'Normal damage' becomes Super Effective. Super Effective damage as they were.
-All fire attacks used cause 3% recoil damage to remaining health. (Should 2 Fire attacks be used in one round means -7% health for each fire attack in total) This is added to the recoil value if the fire type attack already does recoil damage (Eg. Flare Blitz)
-All fire attacks have a chance of burning if they did not have it previously before.
-Flash Fire Ability is bypassed, however, 2% more recoil damage occurs as a result.
-Flash Fire bypass does normal damage to opponent.
-Can only use when the 'Blaze' ability activates after being commanded to.
-Lasts 3 Rounds and if Asharas is by some whim of a miracle still standing by the end of it, ALL her stats drop by 3 levels. [Including Evasion]

Start off with a Dragon Dance, then if Swablu attacks you, use Flame Charge. If not, use Smokescreen.

Dragon Dance ~ Flame Charge/Smokescreen
Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Alright Athena, start out with Mist to protect yourself from the Smokescreen, then use Cotton Guard to protect yourself from that physical boost.

Mist~Cotton Guard
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 AM
White Knight Offline

I got off my Braviary with a sharp yelp; he had accidentally nipped me in the back of my neck as he pulled me off. Returning him to his ball, I looked around at where the letter had sent me. It had come in the mail just three days ago, instructing me to be here right now. After scouting for a little while longer, I discovered a huge wooden gate, which had already been opened. Poking my head in, I saw two impatient looking trainers; apparently I was late. Pokemon had already been released, and they looked rather impatient as well.Stumbling in, I declared the rules as I reached for my flag and whistle. With a quick check that everything was in order, the battle began.

ROUND ONE

Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Mist~Cotton Guard

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Sig Move: Flare Blaze
Energy: 100%
Moves: Dragon Dance~Flame Charge/Smokescreen

Asharas moved first, flexing his claws. He prepared a move that didn’t come easily to him; dancing wasn’t his favorite. Nevertheless, he began to move, channeling his inner draconic motions. He moved faster and faster, twirling in a way that looked funny but quickly turned ominous. The fire type summoned clouds around him, dancing faster and faster. His eyes bugged out as he was overcome by the power, and the clouds disappeared. Although he was no longer dancing, he could still feel its effects. This battle was going to get interesting…
(-4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPD)
Although Athena’s move would have worked perfectly if she went first, she began to perform it anyways. She thought about her home, where it was always shrouded in a thick cloud of fog. Taking in a deep breath, she focused on the mist that she was constantly surrounded by. With a huge exhale, she blew tiny crystals of ice into the air, which formed a thin mist around the area. Asharas wasn’t exactly sure what had happened, as it hadn’t done anything to him. However, as long as he wasn’t hurt it was a good sign. He shrugged, then set to performing his next move.
(-7% Energy, No stat boosts or falls for user.)
Asharas wasn’t exactly sure if his move would work; would his smoke penetrate the Mist? He had no choice but to find out; his trainer would be furious if he disobeyed. The fire type lowered the flames on his tail, concentrating his firepower internally. His stomach began to fill with smoke as his inner cinders burnt out, and when he had enough he couldn’t stop himself from coughing. With a paw raised, he slashed and exhaled deeply, releasing all of the smoke in his system. However, the existing mist overrid it; it had no effect.
(Mist blocks it. -2% Energy)
Athena’s next move was a fun one. Her wings, made of cottony fluff, began to grow. Not even she could stop it, so she just let them enlarge. They grew to triple their normal size, covering her entire body. With a swift motion, she picked most of the cotton off of both her wings. Asharas was a bit confused, but slightly entertained and let it go on. Working with her dexterous beak, she began to rip balls of cotton off of the huge swabs and pile them around her. Placing the final one on the top, she was finally content. A mass of cotton surrounded her on all sides, creating an impenetrable defense. It would be way harder to hit her now…
(-4% Energy, +3DEF)

ROUND END

Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 89%
Mood: Uber-safe.

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Energy: 94%
Mood: Lawlz whatta noob hidin behind yo cotton.

Referee Notes
I had to roll nothing for this. It was heaven.
Lord Fedora, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 09-01-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Asharas should fear my cotton fortress. Athena, use Tailwind, then hit that sucker with a Return.

Tailwind~Return
Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

A fortress always has a way to bring it down.

Hone Claws ~ Counter
Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 PM
White Knight Offline

ROUND TWO

Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 89%
Moves: Tailwind~Return

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 94%
Moves: Hone Claws~Counter

Asharas, seeming not a bit intimidated by a petty cotton shield, began a move of her own. It would seriously aid her battle against this freaky bird, and calm he inner nerves.She began to sharpen his claws, wiping them against one another. They began to glow a brilliant white as they grew to massive sizes, making Asharas just look more intimidating. When the glow ended, she slashed the air, testing them out. Finding them to be perfect, she sat back down. This was going to be interesting.
(-4% Energy, +1 ACC, +1 ATK)
Athena wasn’t exactly impressed with her foe’s last move. Her Cotton Guard had done way more, and it would take more than some claws to tear it down. Beginning her move would be hard; it took a lot of power. However, after that it would be easy. She began to move her wings around, making sure they would hold her up even with less fluff. Nodding in approval, she began to pump out huge gusts of wind, creating a whirlwind behind her. It grew larger and larger until giant puffs of pure air pushed her towards her foe. She struggled to stay up, but quickly got the hang of it. Her speed had seriously increased; it would be hard for Asharas to keep up with her newfound power. She giggled; this was a good start.
(-4% Energy, for 3 rounds SPD+3.)
Athena’s speed allowed her to move again, before Asharas could even begin to argue. Her move was one that she loved, because of her love for her trainer. It would hurt really badly, as in their short time Lord Fedora and Athena had already developed a close bond. She rose up on her new whirlwind, getting higher and higher. When she reached her peak, she came down with a fiendish intensity, wings dragging along. Her beak was pointed straight at the fire type, who didn’t look too ecstatic about what was about to happen to her. An unpleasant pink aura covered her as she dove, pounding into Asharas. She cried in pain, but it appeared that it was merely from reflex; the attack had not done anything compared to what she had expected. Although this would be good for her health, she was not too sure if his move would fare too well after this. Athena seemed a bit confused; all her love had barely scratched her foe? This was going to be a tougher battle then she thought…
(-6% Health, 14% Energy)
Asharas, although she hated to admit it, was pretty amazed at what her opponent had done. However, she could do much better. Her entire body lit up with a harsh red aura, which retained all the damage she had taken from the Return. Flexing her now huge claws, Asharas ran up to Athena. She took a giant leap, and for a single second stood high above the little bird pokemon. Turning in midair, she began to come down, slashing her monstrous claws. Athena could only whimper as she crashed into her feeble body, causing serious pain. It was double of what she had just done to her; that was how the move worked. She hoped her trainer had a good plan, because if it went on like this she would never be able to win…
(-12% Health, -4% Energy)

ROUND END
Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Health: 88%
Energy: 71%
Mood: Meh, okay. SPD+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Health: 94%
Energy: 86%
Mood: Okay. +2 ATK, +1 ACC, +1 SPD

Referee Notes
Two rolls. Still pretty much in heaven.
Return’s accuracy roll was 45, with 1-100 hitting.
Counter’s accuracy roll was 91, with 1-100 hitting.
Saraibre Ryu, your moves please! :D

ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 09-03-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Asharas is a she not a he. >_> Stop posting Asharas as a dude. >/

Asharas lets give Athena a taste of fire with Will-o-wisp, then get in another Hone Claws. If Athena does anything to block Will-o-wisp use Defense Curl instead.

Will-o-wisp/Defense Curl ~ Hone Claws
Old 09-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Sabi, I be about to troll you silly.

First, Athena, create a Substitute @1%. After that, use Feather Dance... on yourself.

Substitute~Feather Dance@self
Old 09-05-2011, 04:25 PM
White Knight Offline

ROUND THREE
Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 71%
Moves: Sub@1%~Featherdance@Self
SPD+3, DEF+3

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 86%
Moves: Will-o-wisp/Defense Curl~Hone Claws
+2 ATK, +1 ACC, +1 SPD

Athena’s whirlwind allowed her to move first, preparing a move that was kind of pointless. She focused her energy onto herself, and she flapped her wings, letting just a bit of the cotton fall off. It created a cotton copy of the Swablu that was somehow powered by her. It flapped it wings, testing out its new body. Asharas wasn’t exactly impressed; she knew that if she hit this clone, it would disappear in a puff of smoke. What was the point of it anyways? Hopefully her trainer would let her get rid of it now; it would be pesky to keep that cloud thing standing. Athena just laughed; her substitute would do more than her opponent could ever imagine.
(-1% Health, -1% Energy, Sub@1%)
Asharas’s move was a simple one; she had known it all her life, and it had saved her in many a tight pinch. She curled her tail into her body, making herself into a huge ball. Closing her eyes, she sat and waited for her opponent’s next attack. Whatever it would be, it wouldn’t hurt much; all of her weak spots were completely covered by the rest of her body. She wanted to see the tiny little bird even try to hurt her; what chance did she have against a flame pokemon like Asharas? Her defensive powers would never be stopped by some tiny bird, who’s trainer hadn’t even let her attack yet!
(-2% Energy, +1DEF)
Athena was surprised that her substitute had not been broken, but this worked even better for her next move anyways. A bit tired of pulling out her cotton, she began to take some again. She took only the softest down from the tips of her wings, and then kept it in her beak. She was about to throw at her foe when she remembered her orders; why would her trainer want her to weaken herself. However, she knew that if she didn’t obey she would be punished, and spit out her down onto herself. It completely surrounded her, totally crushing her attack power. She felt so much weaker now, barely able to attack. What was her trainer planning…
(-3% Energy, -2 ATK)
Asharas was extremely confused by what had happened in this round. Had they really spent the entire time trolling? She began her move anyways, one that she had already used in that battle. Her claws glowed a bright white as she slashed them around, growing substantially. Athena didn’t look too scared; she had seen this before, and it hadn’t actually done much thanks to her cotton coverings. Asharas’s claws grew larger and larger, and the glowing stopped. Jumping around, she whipped her now huge claws around the battlefield, cutting branches around as she discovered the true power of her new claws. She looked confident, ready to fight.
(-4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 ACC)

ROUND THREE
Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Energy: 67%
Mood: Confused.
SPD+3, DEF+3, Sub@1%, ATK-2

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(F)
Energy: 80%
Mood: Loltrollwar!
ATK+3, ACC+2,DEF+1, +1 SPD,

Referee Notes
No rolls. Heaven.
Lord Fedora, your moves please?

ASB|VPP

Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Alright Athena, only one more turn of setup to go. Use Safeguard. Then, if you've still got your Sub up, use Air Cutter. Otherwise, make another one, this time at a far more respectable 10%

Safeguard~Air Cutter/Substitute@10%
Old 09-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Asharas, lets get this thing started. We're going to hold out with Double Team, then hit Athena with a nice Ancient Power.

Double Team ~ Ancient Power
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Lord Fedora

[Athena] Swablu (F)
Energy: 67%
Safeguard ~ Air Cutter/Substitute @10%

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 80%
Status: I b trollin, that's how im rollin. [ATK +3, ACC +2, DEF +1, +1 SPD]
Double Team ~ AncientPower

Round Four

Athena flapped her cottony wings ever so slightly, preferring to allow the cherry-petal-infested breeze carry her higher like some scene from some generic anime. She began to swirl, her wingtips glittering with green, sparkling energy. Rings of this energy began to form, making white wings glow green. Athena stopped twirling suddenly, and once she stopped, the rings vanished like mist in the morning. They would be invisible, Asharas knew, until time took its course or unless Asharas used a move suited specifically to hinder the Swablu... As if she needed to.
[Safeguard: Athena, -8% Energy]

Asharas stretched her legs quickly, then began to run erratically, almost maniacally, all around the dojo. As Athena watched with mixed confusion and apprehension, Asharas suddenly seemed to split into four separate Charmeleons. Athena blinked; surely it was an optical illusion of some sort. But when Asharas skidded to a halt, there were definitely four of her. Athena stifled a groan. Now she had four of these lizards to contend with - picking her target would be a pain in the tailfeathers.
[Double Team: Asharas, -9% Energy]

Athena narrowed her eyes determinedly at one of the Ashar... ases? Asharae? Asharae? Pushing the debacle to the back of her mind, she began to flap her wings. A strong wind current began to form, spiraling between the downy appendages and gathering several stray petals like a hobo with an open can of tuna attracting random stray cats, except possibly not as random. Athena, with a final flap, sent the wind gusting at Asharas. The wind, just visible as a bunch of white streaks, seemed jagged at the edges. It slashed right through one of Asharas's clones, making it disintegrate without a sound.
[Air Cutter: Athena, -15% Energy]

Asharas smiled. The clones were working perfectly. She stomped on the ground, making several rocks fly up. She caught them with a glowing purple energy, then tossed them all in a clump at Athena. The cotton Swablu replica, however, had some words to say about that. It flapped its wings, flying up to protect Athena and take the hit. The rocks connected with the clone; the stones fell to the ground and the substitute vanished in a puff of cotton.
[Ancientpower: Asharas, -18% Energy]

Lord Fedora

[Athena] Swablu (F)
Energy: 44%
Status: Tired and slightly agitated. [SPD +3, DEF +3, ATK -2, Safeguard for three more actions.]

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas] Charmeleon (F)
Energy: 53%
Status: Pretty satisfied. [ATK +3, ACC +2, DEF +1, SPD +1, two Clones]

Ref Notes

Air Cutter's Accuracy Roll was 12; 1-95 for hit.
Air Cutter's Clone Roll was 2; 1 for hit on Asharas.
Ancientpower's Effect Roll was 49; 1-10 for effect.
Asharases? Asharae? Asharai? Seriously, what?

Saraibre Ryu, your moves please.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Ash-ar-as pX

Asharas, if Athena uses a non damaging move at anytime, I want you to use a chill only once. If Athena doesn't, or you've already used a chill by your second action, use Flamethrower.

Chil/Flamethrower~Chill/Flamethrower
Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

I ain't gonna lie, this was a baaaad idea to spend so long setting up. It's very much a one-round move. Oh well. Athena, Aerial Ace, then Power Swap.

Aerial Ace~Power Swap
Closed Thread