Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Moderation complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Why do you get irritated exactly? You DID give the site your email.
Meh, it just annoys me. xD I can't really explain why, but it's kinda like if somebody keeps bugging you to do something you don't want to do, which is exactly what the e-mail is doing. P:
Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Meh, it just annoys me. xD I can't really explain why, but it's kinda like if somebody keeps bugging you to do something you don't want to do, which is exactly what the e-mail is doing. P:
I see her point. People hate being bugged, so yeah.
And she had to give her e-mail to sign up XD
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
And she had to give her e-mail to sign up XD
And aren't you glad I did? ;)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Quote:
and aren't you glad i did? ;)

Of Course,

JEN JEN YOU SO COOL.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I would love to know where Harry got those stats too.

I have tracked forum numbers on a weekly basis over the last several months. Obviously this isn't a perfect system given that message boards tend to "re-align" numbers every now and then, but those incidences are few and far between. Generally, I'd say it gives me a pretty good look at the Pokemon communities over a period of time.

In regards to the Pokemon fandom, it's hard to say. Obviously the fandom has gone generational, with older members moving on and younger members moving in. With the saga being more than a decade old, it causes one to wonder what's Pokemon's status right now.

I don't have message board data dating back extremely far (except for Pe2K), but Quantcast has been tracking popular sites since 2007 and we can use the site data as a reference to board data. If you compare the Pearl/Diamond release to the Black/White, you see a mixed picture. For instance, Serebii did not see the same level of activity for Gen 5 as it did Gen 4, while Bulbagarden experienced the complete opposite, seeing more Gen 5 activity than Gen 4.

If you add in other forums, the picture remains blurry.
  • PE2K - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5 (but we only recently have reactivated our site)
  • PC - More activity in Gen 5 than Gen 4
  • PokeBeach - More activity in Gen 5 than Gen 4
  • Marriland - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5
  • Pokemon.com - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5

I think the conclusion we can draw here is that there is little to no evidence of Pokemon's decline in the fandom. Or rather, that the individual efforts of Pokemon sites and boards outweigh any such factors in determining their own activity. This could change in the next decade or so, but it is not the case currently.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I have tracked forum numbers on a weekly basis over the last several months. Obviously this isn't a perfect system given that message boards tend to "re-align" numbers every now and then, but those incidences are few and far between. Generally, I'd say it gives me a pretty good look at the Pokemon communities over a period of time.

In regards to the Pokemon fandom, it's hard to say. Obviously the fandom has gone generational, with older members moving on and younger members moving in. With the saga being more than a decade old, it causes one to wonder what's Pokemon's status right now.

I don't have message board data dating back extremely far (except for Pe2K), but Quantcast has been tracking popular sites since 2007 and we can use the site data as a reference to board data. If you compare the Pearl/Diamond release to the Black/White, you see a mixed picture. For instance, Serebii did not see the same level of activity for Gen 5 as it did Gen 4, while Bulbagarden experienced the complete opposite, seeing more Gen 5 activity than Gen 4.

If you add in other forums, the picture remains blurry.
  • PE2K - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5 (but we only recently have reactivated our site)
  • PC - More activity in Gen 5 than Gen 4
  • PokeBeach - More activity in Gen 5 than Gen 4
  • Marriland - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5
  • Pokemon.com - More activity in Gen 4 than Gen 5

I think the conclusion we can draw here is that there is little to no evidence of Pokemon's decline in the fandom. Or rather, that the individual efforts of Pokemon sites and boards outweigh any such factors in determining their own activity. This could change in the next decade or so, but it is not the case currently.
What if every Pokemon forum combined into one big one? we can call it: Pe2k-X
Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

The Mods can't be on all day long. We each have sections to look through each day and we try our best to make sure we get rid of anything that should not be posted in our sections. anyone can help us out by reporting the post. I know I try to respond to those as soon as i get them.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
What if every Pokemon forum combined into one big one? we can call it: Pe2k-X
What fun would there be in being apart of Pe2k than?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
What fun would there be in being apart of Pe2k than?
Fun? We'd be the biggest and the only forum. That's fun right? Plus it's still Pe2k. lol. I was making a joking suggestion.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM

Competition is always fun. ;)
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Whenever I get one of those, I get irritated. :/ Just sayin'...
You know what annoys me more? The email that I get when someone reports a VM.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
You know what annoys me more? The email that I get when someone reports a VM.
Yeah I don't get why you guys have it like that.. When you can easily get rid of those pesky emails and just create a section for reported posts/vms in the mod section and each time a post or vm is reported a thread is made in that section instead of sending out a email. Having it that way would be less time consuming and you guys would all see reported posts instantly.. It's a simple click of an button in the Admin CP options..

4 hours isn't that bad at all.. I mean most activity happens around the same time, I've seen threads and bots staying unattended for well over 4 hours because the forum is pretty empty in the daytime for me, have to wait until night for all you guys to pop up. :)

Also, FYI the forum is pretty much empty, so selecting a person to mod based on time zone wouldn't be beneficial, that person would practically just be sitting around waiting for spam bots, not a fun way to spend once time on the forum..

Also, the idea of picking a staff member based on time zone is so flawed that I can't count them all up, first of, just because someone lives in a specific time zone that doesn't automatically make that person responsible nor mature, and if it happens that a irresponsible immature person is picked for the job, who is gonna be around to correct that persons mistakes if that person decides to go on a power trip?
You would have to wait exactly the same amount of time for the other moderators to come clean up that mess as you would with the spam bot.

So I think some people just need to relax, the current mods are doing a awesome job with the spambots as it is, and I see no reason for people to freak out about the fact that the current mods need to sleep, they deal with the spambots when the come online, I have never seen a spambot or a spambot thread go unattended for over a day, I don't even think I've seen one go unattended for over 7-8 hours, just relax, this is a pretty calm forum, we don't have millions of posts per minute, so the spambots don't have to be dealt with a week before they arrive, complaining about 4 hours is honestly ridiculous, people have lives outside the forum, you can't honestly say that you spend your whole life in front of the computer refreshing the forum every 2 minutes?

Also picking mods based on time zone, that is just ridiculous, so we suddenly need a whole g-mod for the 2-5 people that are online at that time of day? Just don't think about the spam bot thread after you have reported it, it's that simple, it's not like spam bot is hassling you asking for your home phone number and address saying "your momma looks fine mowing that lawn in those jean shorts"...

Last edited by Simmi; 09-03-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:35 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah I don't get why you guys have it like that.. When you can easily get rid of those pesky emails and just create a section for reported posts/vms in the mod section and each time a post or vm is reported a thread is made in that section instead of sending out a email. Having it that way would be less time consuming and you guys would all see reported posts instantly.. It's a simple click of an button in the Admin CP options..

4 hours isn't that bad at all.. I mean most activity happens around the same time, I've seen threads and bots staying unattended for well over 4 hours because the forum is pretty empty in the daytime for me, have to wait until night for all you guys to pop up. :)

Also, FYI the forum is pretty much empty, so selecting a person to mod based on time zone wouldn't be beneficial, that person would practically just be sitting around waiting for spam bots, not a fun way to spend once time on the forum..

Also, the idea of picking a staff member based on time zone is so flawed that I can't count them all up, first of, just because some lives in a specific time zone that doesn't automatically make that person responsible nor mature, and if it happens that a irresponsible immature person is picked for the job, who is gonna be around to correct that persons mistakes if that person decides to go on a power trip?
You would have to wait exactly the same amount of time for the other moderators to come clean up that mess as you would with the spam bot.

So I think some people just need to relax, the current mods are doing a awesome job with the spambots as it is, and I see no reason for people to freak out about the fact that the current mods need to sleep, they deal with the spambots when the come online, I have ever seen a spambot or a spambot thread go unattended for over a day, I don't even think I've seen one go unattended for over 7-8 hours, just relax, this is a pretty calm forum, we don't have millions of posts per minute, so the spambots don't have to be dealt with a week before they arrive, complaining about 4 hours is honestly ridiculous, people have lives outside the forum, you can't honestly say that you spend your whole life in front of the computer refreshing the forum every 2 minutes?

Also picking mods based on time zone, that is just ridiculous, so we suddenly need a whole g-mod for the 2-5 people that are online at that time of day? Just don't think about the spam bot thread after you have reported it, it's that simple, it's not like spam bot is hassling you asking for your home phone number and address saying "your momma looks fine mowing that lawn in those jean shorts"...
I don't think we need Mods per time zone.
But think of it this way, many Staff/Mods/GMods will be kicked due to the new rule. Therefore, less mods will be here, and we should hire more Members/Staff that are mature, care for the forum, and all that other good stuff. And I feel even some Mods deserve the GMod position, because they care about the forum and strive to make it better in every way they can! And with the demotions and such, there will be many parts of the forum lacking mods. So the best thing to do is to hire some more who are qualified and really care for the forum.

And I agree with the power house trip thing. Tsuna told me that mnay members kiss up to GMods so they will hire them for a certain position. I feel part of that maybe for power, not because they care at all for the forum. But don't get me wrong, there are friendly members who just want to stop and chat with a GMod/Mod/Staff ect...

And yet, there are those who feel they need more power than what they were given. Per say, I am Staff. And say I'm not content being Staff. So I kiss up and hug on and fake being nice and all that horrible stuff until I get the position. Then I go on a power hungry rampage and do all of that which shouldn't go on. Or on the other hand, I could get the position and not do a flip while I'm on and neglect my duties until the threats of being removed from that position come along.
And that was an example, I LOVE MY JOB :D <3! But yeah, there are ones who do those sort of things.

Simmi is also right on the 'Bots shouldn't really bother you' part.
Like he said, they aren't calling your house and harrasing you (Or your mother), so I see no problem with it. I mean, just ignore it. It'll be removed as soon as a mod gets to it. So don't worry about it! :)

I hope it all makes sense! :D

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 09-03-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Also, the idea of picking a staff member based on time zone is so flawed that I can't count them all up, first of, just because someone lives in a specific time zone that doesn't automatically make that person responsible nor mature, and if it happens that a irresponsible immature person is picked for the job, who is gonna be around to correct that persons mistakes if that person decides to go on a power trip?

So I think some people just need to relax, the current mods are doing a awesome job with the spambots as it is, and I see no reason for people to freak out about the fact that the current mods need to sleep, they deal with the spambots when the come online, I have never seen a spambot or a spambot thread go unattended for over a day, I don't even think I've seen one go unattended for over 7-8 hours, just relax, this is a pretty calm forum, we don't have millions of posts per minute, so the spambots don't have to be dealt with a week before they arrive, complaining about 4 hours is honestly ridiculous, people have lives outside the forum, you can't honestly say that you spend your whole life in front of the computer refreshing the forum every 2 minutes?

Never did I say we should disregard the maturity of the person. I said, specifically, a mature person from a different timezone.

There are other things one can do on the internet. I am "online" ALL the time on Pe2k, but I do other things, and I just have the forum set to refresh every so often.

We do not have millions of spammers posting, agreed. That is why I told the OP to simmer down.

I have had spammers send me VMs, and I have also seen other walls with VM messages. Is there a problem with having 1 Gmod for that one time of the day that is inactive, and then the rest can be online during the time it is super active? I do not see a problem there.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Jolteon View Post
I don't think we need Mods per time zone.
But think of it this way, many Staff/Mods/GMods will be kicked due to the new rule. Therefore, less mods will be here, and we should hire more Members/Staff that are mature, care for the forum, and all that other good stuff. And I feel even some Mods deserve the GMod position, because they care about the forum and strive to make it better in every way they can! And with the demotions and such, there will be many parts of the forum lacking mods. So the best thing to do is to hire some more who are qualified and really care for the forum.

And I agree with the power house trip thing. Tsuna told me that mnay members kiss up to GMods so they will hire them for a certain position. I feel part of that maybe for power, not because they care at all for the forum. But don't get me wrong, there are friendly members who just want to stop and chat with a GMod/Mod/Staff ect...

And yet, there are those who feel they need more power than what they were given. Per say, I am Staff. And say I'm not content being Staff. So I kiss up and hug on and fake being nice and all that horrible stuff until I get the position. Then I go on a power hungry rampage and do all of that which shouldn't go on. Or on the other hand, I could get the position and not do a flip while I'm on and neglect my duties until the threats of being removed from that position come along.
And that was an example, I LOVE MY JOB :D <3! But yeah, there are ones who do those sort of things.

Simmi is also right on the 'Bots shouldn't really bother you' part.
Like he said, they aren't calling your house and harrasing you (Or your mother), so I see no problem with it. I mean, just ignore it. It'll be removed as soon as a mod gets to it. So don't worry about it! :)

I hope it all makes sense! :D
Or you could be like me, who is friends with several members which I swear became staff/mods overnight (it was about 3 people), leading me to look around and ask "Um, guys...? I sorta feel left out now...?".

Or you can weird out a mod, too. (Yeah Lus, I know I weirded you out XD I am proud of myself on that aspect!)

*Cough* Yeah. They certainly don't have an easy time ^^' If I see a spam bot, I report it. I don't freak out or anything, though. To be honest, most of them seem to be about a Blackberry, from what I've seen. I haven't seen too many, though. Or is it because they are doing a good job of getting rid of them...? *Zing!*

...Wow, did not have a lot to say. Just wanted to give my humorous input, really. I'm so ashamed XD Have fun, don't stress, and enjoy life~