Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Seliana Offline

Send a message via AIM to Seliana Send a message via MSN to Seliana Send a message via Yahoo to Seliana
Default Re: If pokemon really existed??

You'd likely be torn apart before you could even grab a Pokeball, the minute you entered Houndoom/Houndour/Mightyena/I could go on but you get the idea territory.

(Though I would love nothing more than to have my own Milotic, and swim the seven seas with it. And as a sailor in the Navy, I can only imagine the partnership one would likely have with various Water Pokemon.)

Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Alpha Pack leader Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliana View Post
You'd likely be torn apart before you could even grab a Pokeball, the minute you entered Houndoom/Houndour/Mightyena/I could go on but you get the idea territory.

(Though I would love nothing more than to have my own Milotic, and swim the seven seas with it. And as a sailor in the Navy, I can only imagine the partnership one would likely have with various Water Pokemon.)
eh i'd use pkmn for work not only play. I'd get a sawk or machamp to help me with yard work
and batltling every now and then would be cool. My own salamance would be epic aswell. I'd never need an electronic security system for my house.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Humans would have evolved to survive against Pokemon attacks.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

-Catches a Drifblim and squeals-
Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
33Whimsicott33 Offline

It should be noted that how much the world gets thrown out of whack by the existence of pokemon is dependent on how easy it is to get a strong pokemon, by factor or rarity, difficulty to train, etc...

I would be happy with this regardless.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 AM

As I have said. The world and humans would have evolved differently to accommodate such creatures.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
As I have said. The world and humans would have evolved differently to accommodate such creatures.
So you've repeated twenty times now. We get it.

We wouldn't have evolved to survive Pokemon attacks though. That would just be ridiculous, the human body is far too frail to be able to take a stream of fire or a Hyper Beam to the face. We would either have evolved into a different species entirely, with humanity having been either an ancestor of our species (maybe common ancestor to Machamp or summat) or never existing at all, or we would have an entirely different species-wide worldview. Right now as a species humanity is Chaotic Neutral. Some of us fall into the good category, some into the evil, some lawful and some chaotic, but as a species our development, once we progressed beyond evolutionary into technological, has been destructive and radical, causing massive change to our environment and no benefit at best, chaos and death at worst for anything not us, not out of malice but just as a side-effect. If Pokemon, creatures intelligent enough to communicate with us properly and powerful enough to wipe us all out without a second thought, yet all very much animals and in tune with nature, did exist, then we couldn't have developed in any such way, because the Pokemon would have kicked our asses. Rather, our cultural and technological development would have been slower, more peaceful, more mindful of our surroundings. I have no doubt that we would be a far better, if less advanced, species for their existence, and I'd very much like to live in such a world.

The fact that I'd get to have a pet Vulpix and partner Blaziken is besides the point.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Humans would have evolved to survive against Pokemon attacks.
There is no animal that we know of, either in the world today or in the fossil record, that could survive against any but the most rudimentary of Pokemon attacks. Evolution and biology has its limits. Given existing biological evidence, it is likely that humans (and indeed, all real animals) would simply be extinct if they had to evolve alongside Pokemon. Real-life physics is unable to compete with fantasy physics.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 09-18-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
There is no animal that we know of, either in the world today or in the fossil record, that could survive against any but the most rudimentary of Pokemon attacks. Evolution and biology has its limits. Given existing biological evidence, it is likely that humans (and indeed, all real animals) would simply be extinct if they had to evolve alongside Pokemon. Real-life physics is unable to compete with fantasy physics.
That is because there have not been any creatures with said powers on Earth. I am saying that if Pokemon were on Earth, assuming they were on Earth around the same time humans developed, we would have developed differently. As I have also stated, humans would be way different, as well as the planet if that were true.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
That is because there have not been any creatures with said powers on Earth. I am saying that if Pokemon were on Earth, assuming they were on Earth around the same time humans developed, we would have developed differently. As I have also stated, humans would be way different, as well as the planet if that were true.
... no, humans would be dead. Or at the very least be different enough from humans that it would be absurd to call them humans. You're not just wiping out homo sapiens here, you're wiping out the entire mammalian evolutionary tree, which would all have to develop into Pokemon-like creatures in order to survive. Whatever sentient technological species ends up ruling the Earth won't even be remotely close to human. Maybe Gardevoirs, or Alakazams. But not human.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 09-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
... no, humans would be dead. Or at the very least be different enough from humans that it would be absurd to call them humans. You're not just wiping out homo sapiens here, you're wiping out the entire mammalian evolutionary tree, which would all have to develop into Pokemon-like creatures in order to survive. Whatever sentient technological species ends up ruling the Earth won't even be remotely close to human. Maybe Gardevoirs, or Alakazams. But not human.
I got you to look at Pokemon like a scientist. Goal, achieved.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
I got you to look at Pokemon like a scientist. Goal, achieved.
So you admit to being wrong? Goal, achieved.

Art Gallery
Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
So you admit to being wrong? Goal, achieved.
We were arguing?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Don't have to be arguing to be wrong. You made an incorrect statement, I corrected it. That's enough for me.

Art Gallery
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Uhhh ok that was about the weirdest argument, conversation, etc. I've ever seen.

I think we're forgetting that pokemon have some intelligence, it's almost like the question: What if a race of aliens came to Earth?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†